Type keyword(s) to search

12 Monkeys Scheduling and Streaming (and On Demand): Are We Too Late?

(edited)

Given the less-than-normal scheduling for the show's current season, I figured a dedicated scheduling thread would be useful to discuss on-air scheduling as well as streaming and On Demand options.

Here's the full premiere schedule for the upcoming third season (with official episode descriptions, provided as a "cheat sheet" for whomever starts the episode threads):

FRIDAY, MAY 19TH

• May 19, 2017 8:00 PM -- MOTHER (TV-14-L-V)
    • Welcome to the birth of the Witness. Welcome to the beginning of the end of the world.
  • May 19, 2017 8:45 PM -- GUARDIANS (TV-14-L-V)
    • Cole travels to 1922 and faces new enemies, while the origins of the Witness world-ending plan are revealed.
  • May 19, 2017 9:31 PM -- ENEMY (TV-14-L-S-V)
    • An old enemy unveils a dangerous new scheme which could shatter bonds and unravel reality.
  • May 19, 2017 10:15 PM -- BROTHERS (TV-14-L-S-V)
    • Cole faces the unthinkable to save the woman he loves. Plus: Escape from the time travelling city of Titan.

SATURDAY, MAY 20TH

• May 20, 2017 8:00 PM -- CAUSALITY (TV-14-L-S-V)
    • In order to track the Witness, the gang must travel to the most outrageous era yet: The 1980s.
  • May 20, 2017 9:01 PM -- NATURE (TV-14-D-L-S-V)
    • The origin of the Army of the 12 Monkeys is revealed. But what does Christopher Lloyd have to do with it?
  • May 20, 2017 10:01 PM -- NURTURE (TV-14-L-V)
    • One team. Two agendas. A single event changes the course of the mission, and pits friend against friend.

SUNDAY, MAY 21ST

• May 21, 2017 8:00 PM -- MASKS (TV-14-L-V)
    • Former friends, now enemies, race to find the Witness in 1904. And, at last, he reveals his face.
  • May 21, 2017 9:00 PM -- THIEF (TV-14-L-S-V)
    • At last, the reason why the Witness wants to destroy time and all reality is revealed.
  • May 21, 2017 10:00 PM -- WITNESS (TV-14-L-V)
    • There's plot twists - and then there's this twist. The final battle with the Witness has begun.

(Source: NBCUMV.com)

Note that the four Friday episodes will be shown in ~45 minute blocks.

Also, the above listings are the only scheduled airings for at least the next two weeks (through May 28th), so it doesn't appear that Syfy will be airing any reruns anytime soon. (Though, that may change, once other series return, such as Killjoys, Dark Matter, Wynona Earp, et cetera.)

Edited by Just Here
updated the title
  • Love 1

Ah, better double check my dvr to make sure there's no conflicts.  I saw my Friday night is ok, and I'm sure Saturday is (no regular recordings there).  Need to check Sunday (but I think most shows I watch are done for the season, or there's just one other recording at the same time, so easy enough to double up).

4 minutes ago, MaggieG said:

Wait, I'm confused. Season 3 is going to be aired pretty much over the weekend? 

Right. It's being played over three nights this coming weekend

• Love 1
(edited)

So glad I happen to see a new ep coming in and checked here! My season pass was only set up to keep 5 at a time, so I would have lost many of them. I had no idea the season was even starting, much less taking place over 3 days. Whew!

Edited by snarktini

Episodes for Season Three are already up on Syfy.com, starting here, with "Mother." You will need to have a subscription to a participating service provider. These should also be available with the Syfy Now app.

On Spectrum (formerly Time Warner Cable for my neck of the woods), the first four episodes are not yet showing up for me on the On Demand offerings, which isn't unusual.

It looks like Season Three episodes will be available On Demand for at least a month.  (For Spectrum's On Demand, the updated versions of the first four episodes of Season Three are showing an expiration of June 20th.)

On 5/21/2017 at 5:50 PM, johntfs said:

Are there any plans to rerun the episodes on TV in the USA?

Not that I am aware of. There are no "12 Monkeys" airings currently listed on TitanTV.com for the next two weeks.

On 5/21/2017 at 5:50 PM, johntfs said:

Are there any plans to rerun the episodes on TV in the USA?

The only place I know that Streams 12 Monkeys is Hulu.  I think they have a 30 day trial so if you are quick you can finish it before the trial runs out.

Long story late, I had the third season on my DVR and was waiting to have a chance to watch them.  Then the DVR was switched by my cable provider, and I haven't been able to find a place to see them again.  Hulu only has season 1 and 2.  Is there anywhere else?

32 minutes ago, Ailianna said:

Long story late, I had the third season on my DVR and was waiting to have a chance to watch them.  Then the DVR was switched by my cable provider, and I haven't been able to find a place to see them again.  Hulu only has season 1 and 2.  Is there anywhere else?

You could buy the season for $17 on Amazon.com. 

There was also a site I used to use when I didn't have cable and newly aired shows weren't available.  It's called putlocker.  I think the URL is putlocker.is and you can try that.

Edited by Thrifty
On 5/6/2018 at 2:10 AM, wanderingnettle said:

News for catching up on season 3:

It's coming to Hulu on the 16th May, and it's being released on Bluray and DVD in Australia on the 26th May (looks like it's not getting a US market disk release)

Just in time to catch up before season 4 airs (sometime soon we keep being told)

https://projectsplinter.com/about-the-show/ways-to-watch/

I wonder why they’re doing disk release in some markets and not others. Surely the U.S. is a bigger market than Australia? And I can’t watch Australia disks on my US machine, can I?

1 hour ago, wanderingnettle said:

Streaming and videogram (DVD/Bluray) rights are two seperate things, so that wouldn't be the reason. 

Yes, they’re two different things, but if they already have a deal for streaming to the US market, why would they spend the money producing discs for that region? They won’t sell enough to pay for it.