Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E06: Hail Mary, Full of Crab

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, thewhiteowl said:

A massive leak fills the Time Bandit. A fistfight tests Jake's resolve as high winds and a snapped anchor threaten to destroy his boat. Sig's greenhorn asks an awkward question.

It looked like Jake was the fighter. He's just not cut out to run a crab boat. I always liked him but damn he's going to have a stroke very soon. This season feels like the end. I really wonder if TB is retiring? I'll believe John's retired when I see it. TB hasn't been the same that last few years though. Especially with so little Andy. Maybe they're just tired of it? It'd be interesting to see who would captain it though. Scotty would be out I'm sure still though. 

So the same two guys who ditched to go to the spa ditched again to go to the bar. I wish Jake would just fire them already. It was pretty hilsrious to learn that the long-haired guy literslly hid himself away after he got back. Talk about amtotal deer in the headlights when Jake found him and woke him up. Lol.

I can understand why the deck boss would be grumpy at those two always skipping, but whst i find interesting is the guy he tried to wrestle claimed he ditched just as as they did basically. I wonder how truthful that statement is...hmmm...

Poor Johnathan. Just let the man find happiness already, please oh please. Curious about Axl's (axel's? I can't remember how you spell his name) patch job though. Why would you leave it so there's still water dripping? Also, why was he the only one wearing a mask while the other guys didn't, even though they were right there too?

Edgar the instagator. Goading Mandy's bf to ask sig in the middle of fishing.

Oh, Sig.

Also, Sig's crab count hasn't changed for 3 weeks. I don't know what the point of that is? Trying to push the whole "jake overtakes him in the crab count" thing??? Usually the crab count changes regardless if the certain boats are shown during the episode or not. And sig's been catching crab, even if there was a dip in his numbers. Whatever.

• Love 4

I think the show has run its course.  I just can't get into Jake as a captain.  Jonathan has signed out.  Edgar has signed out.  I really like Sean but he has little quota and is just not there.

I truly feel this will be the last season.

• Love 2

I was very surprised that the cannery allowed Saga to offload ahead of other F/Vs ahead in line.  Is it possible they simply allowed Jake to tie up until it was his turn?  Also, how can the fleet operate with canneries who create definite dates, and then pell mell declare it's first come/first serve?  I don't get it.

I snickered when Jake talked oh so tough about how he was going to work his screw-up duo hard.  of all seasons he could leave them ashore and have his pick of a bunch of fellas, this was it.  He was one of the few who had the quota to keep going out at that point in the season.  He's hopeless as a crabbing captain.

I thoroughly enjoyed the deck "football" vignette on the NW.  Those boys surely love their Seahawks, too.

• Love 4
18 hours ago, Lonesome Rhodes said:

I was very surprised that the cannery allowed Saga to offload ahead of other F/Vs ahead in line.  Is it possible they simply allowed Jake to tie up until it was his turn?  Also, how can the fleet operate with canneries who create definite dates, and then pell mell declare it's first come/first serve?  I don't get it.

I snickered when Jake talked oh so tough about how he was going to work his screw-up duo hard.  of all seasons he could leave them ashore and have his pick of a bunch of fellas, this was it.  He was one of the few who had the quota to keep going out at that point in the season.  He's hopeless as a crabbing captain.

I thoroughly enjoyed the deck "football" vignette on the NW.  Those boys surely love their Seahawks, too.

I think they just let him tie up at the dock because Saga didn't have anchor.  I wonder if Jake got charged for that.  Dock space 'is' precious.

• Love 1