Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 5/15/17

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Whereas I always thought Elisabeth just spouted the GOP drivel because she was just being a good little Republican Barbie I think Jedi I just a mean spirited bitch who doesn't give a shit if the Republican party destroys this country.  Her hypocrisy is so disgusting I can almost smell the putridness through the TV.  I want every single Republican politician who spoke out against Hillary compromising national security by having a private email server to have their own words used against them now for defending and/or staying silent about Trump's actions.

And a note to Trump's supporters WHAT THE FUCK IS IT GOING TO TAKE?  Russian troops parachuting on the White House lawn?  Our currency being changed over to rubles? 

Back on topic, Jedi knows not to start a debate with someone who can wipe the floor with her. Seth might be a comedian but he is smart and she wouldn't have been able to run roughshod over him.

• Love 24
1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I agreed with Joy on all the remarks from Republicans about being "troubled," "disturbed," etc., but yet they do nothing. Of course Jedi would use Chaffetz as her straw man Republican who says he'll do something considering, like Joy said, he's on his way out.

Whoopi was more incomprehensible than usual today. You could see Joy at some points was waiting for her to shut up already.

Today, all I could think was, Whoopi shut up.  I don't disagree with her, but she just can't spit it out, and she is so repetitive.  It is just painful to listen to her.

• Love 7

Whoopi is still so clueless. She quoted the First Amendment today as justification for her rant yesterday that canceling White House press conferences is unconstitutional. No, it still isn't "illegal," as you would say, Whoopi. It means literally what it says -- that Congress cannot pass laws controlling what the media publishes. Still doesn't mean the White House must hold press conferences. Sheesh! I hate when people on my side, politically, are so fact-challenged!

• Love 16
37 minutes ago, ChicagoCita said:

Whoopi is still so clueless. She quoted the First Amendment today as justification for her rant yesterday that canceling White House press conferences is unconstitutional. No, it still isn't "illegal," as you would say, Whoopi. It means literally what it says -- that Congress cannot pass laws controlling what the media publishes. Still doesn't mean the White House must hold press conferences. Sheesh! I hate when people on my side, politically, are so fact-challenged!

I though it was in response to Sara reading Hannity's "suggestion" about how The White House should pick and choose what questions it will answer to avoid these "leaks," so that they will stop.

And then of course it derailed to bathroom humor before coming back to the original subject.

• Love 3
(edited)

I thought Sarah said that afterwards -- in response to which Whoopi pointed to her pocket Constitution, which she had just quoted from. But I'm sick as a dog, so I very well may be hallucinating. In any case, even Hannity's suggestion isn't unconstitutional. Unconstitutional would be shutting down the WaPo's presses (which I'm sure the current administration would love to do!)

Edited by ChicagoCita
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, tvaddict44 said:

What did Colbert say on his show that Joy and Whoopie were alluding to but it was too racy to say?  I wish they would quit hinting at things and then getting coy about saying them...

He alluded to ? ? being a c*********. Which was bleeped, but there it is. And the ladies get bleeped if they say "penis, blowjob," and I think they were once bleeped for saying "vagina." I think.

In their defense, all they can do is allude to them because they'll get bleeped if they say the words.

• Love 5

I crack up every day waiting for the twitter and facebook comments from people who watch the show and within a nanosecond of the panel saying anything political, their comment is flashed on the screen.  IT's always about "respecting the president"   and "He's turning the country around." 

It amuses me to think of people being very satisfied with themselves for having told off the View panel.

• Love 12
(edited)

Some schools give out apple slices prepackaged. Many go uneaten, cuz I have snagged them off the tables.   Love Joy and Seth.  

Similarly, to Jedi, I listened to a Conservative radio host this a.m. say that what the orange poop had done is not impeachable.  Delusional .  Seriously would have strung up HRC if it was her.  They --conservatives--must all get the same defense points  each morning. 

Edited by Tosia
Ridiculous what's happening.
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Poor Jedi, her mentor, Roger Ailes, has passed. I wonder how she made it through today's show...

She sure was laughing it up today!  Don't think she was  in mourning.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Fannysue said:

She sure was laughing it up today!  Don't think she was  in mourning.

Thankfully they didn't spend much time on it. They mentioned it in passing with Chris Cornell just before they went to commercial and didn't mention it again. Jedidiah didn't even get a chance to say anything. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, backformore said:

I crack up every day waiting for the twitter and facebook comments from people who watch the show and within a nanosecond of the panel saying anything political, their comment is flashed on the screen.  IT's always about "respecting the president"   and "He's turning the country around." 

It amuses me to think of people being very satisfied with themselves for having told off the View panel.

2 hours ago, backformore said:

The tweets on the bottom of the screen are so annoying. But......it seems when I get a chance to watch there's a particular person who makes it on there. In the once upon a time world, the show had it's own message boards and this same person posted on them. Those boards were a horror show.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Morgalisa said:

I might give Speechless a try. That kids seems like he is a good actor.

He is a good actor, but because of his extreme difficulty speaking, he doesn't utter a word in this role.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, merriebreeze said:

Can I get a hint? I don't know what name HoboClayton and ginger90 are referring to, but I'd like to. Unmask the troll, please. 

Is it that Pee Wee person? They bug me.

2 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

No point in asking Mark Cuban a question if you won't let him answer, Joy.  Jesus. Shut up!  They're all super rude today.

What a waste of Mark Cuban!  I would have loved to hear him speak more on our current political situation.

• Love 8
(edited)

The funniest moment for me was when Joy asked him one question and before he even had a chance to speak, Sunny asked him an entirely different one.

So glad to have a Jedi-free day after so long. I know the two of them are just as bad, but if Whoopi actually does leave, I'd rather they bring Paula back and fire Jedi. There's just something extra about Jedi that even when their opinions are equally bad, she's still worse than Paula for me. Sound of her voice, mannerisms, I don't know.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 10

I normally love Sunny but sometimes her opinions about marriage and relationships confound me. I guess it depends on the people but I see nothing wrong with being FB friends with old boy/girlfriends. Shoot, both my husband and I friended people we dated in HS.  I'm not jealous. He's not jealous. Neither of us fears the other will run away with someone we knew 40yrs ago.  I don't know why Sunny is so insecure. 

• Love 11
18 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

There's just something extra about Jedi that even when their opinions are equally bad, she's still worse than Paula for me.

Me too.

19 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Sound of her voice

Check!

mannerisms

Check!

I don't know

Check!

• Love 10

The View hosts (for now Whoopie and Joy) need to be schooled in how to gain control when everyone is interrupting and speaking over each other.  And the entire panel need education of giving their opinion briefly to allow others to talk without having to interrupt you (Jed).   There have to be some ground rules, it has gotten out of hand.  The Talk is insanely dull; they don't have to go that far but a step in that direction is needed. 

2 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I normally love Sunny but sometimes her opinions about marriage and relationships confound me. I guess it depends on the people but I see nothing wrong with being FB friends with old boy/girlfriends. Shoot, both my husband and I friended people we dated in HS.  I'm not jealous. He's not jealous. Neither of us fears the other will run away with someone we knew 40yrs ago.  I don't know why Sunny is so insecure. 

Her religious beliefs are very strong and her interpretation of them is ridged.   I find it tiring when she elaborates which she does often.  State your position but don't fight for it, you have been heard.  

• Love 6

After they showed the clip of Trump mispronouncing world leaders, Paula jumped in asking all to repeat one of the names 10 times in a row.  Oh good god.   Mark said, that is not the point and started to state the obvious, but was drowned out with cross talk.  Paula is better than Jed, granted, but I don't like her either.  I cannot believe she was defending Trump on that.  They need someone with Nichole Wallace sensibilities.  

• Love 12
11 minutes ago, wings707 said:

After they showed the clip of Trump mispronouncing world leaders, Paula jumped in asking all to repeat one of the names 10 times in a row.  Oh good god.

You can always count on Paula for a concise journalistic analysis!

• Love 8
46 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Her religious beliefs are very strong and her interpretation of them is ridged.   I find it tiring when she elaborates which she does often.

She sounds like most of the nuns in my high school...and I graduated almost SIXTY YEARS AGO!

• Love 5

And on that Facebook friends topic, EGAD!   All my life I've had friends of both sexes...all sexes.   My sisters and I also have lots of cousins.  We hung out with them, friends, friends of friends--anyone/everyone, boys, girls...groups, couples--same gender or not.  Should that change just because someone gets married?  Should I eliminate a friend because I "saw him naked" (and WHO made up THAT ridiculous rule)?  We should be happy for any/all friends we have and keep in touch, Sunny!  Her poor husband and kids....

• Love 8

I laughed when Joy pointed out that Sunny always says she's a lawyer like Star used to do. So true, Joy, so true!

Sunny has problems with insecurity. I would bet her husband tells her what to do and when to do it all the time. Her mother lives with them and usually sides with him apparently. Sunny once said that "they gang up on me."

So, we get the constant "I'm a lawyer" and her pouty, trying to be sexy, face. She was pretty bad today trying to get Cuban's attention constantly. Even going so far as interrupting Joy's question with one of her own. Whoopi would have had a fit if she had done that to her.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, rcc said:

So, we get the constant "I'm a lawyer" and her pouty, trying to be sexy, face. She was pretty bad today trying to get Cuban's attention constantly. Even going so far as interrupting Joy's question with one of her own. Whoopi would have had a fit if she had done that to her.

Well, Whoopi has a fit over Sunny when she sits still and breathes, so that wouldn't be a surprise.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, Haleth said:

I normally love Sunny but sometimes her opinions about marriage and relationships confound me. I guess it depends on the people but I see nothing wrong with being FB friends with old boy/girlfriends.

I don't agree with Sunny, but as long as she keeps it that her marriage is her marriage, and both parties are okay with how it is "run," rather than trying to make the world adhere to those same principles, I am fine with it. Whoopi mocks her, which I find every bit as offensive as Sheri trying to convert Barbara to Christianity, or Elisabeth saying that her marriage should be the role model for the universe. If it works for Sunny and her husband, so be it. I don't ever see her saying her views are the only ones that should exist or that the way her marriage is, is the only way. She seems to have a strong basis for her own life without trying to inflict that on others, which I admire.

I looked up my ex-husband on FB and was surprised to see that the very shy person I used to be married to is now a real estate agent. He has also remarried someone far more suitable for him than I was, and they have four kids. (He always wanted kids, I always wanted pets.) It turns out that one of my cats shares its name with one his children. I am happy for him; we both got what we wanted in life, which we wouldn't have found with each other.

• Love 13
(edited)
4 hours ago, wings707 said:

After they showed the clip of Trump mispronouncing world leaders, Paula jumped in asking all to repeat one of the names 10 times in a row.  Oh good god.   Mark said, that is not the point and started to state the obvious, but was drowned out with cross talk.  Paula is better than Jed, granted, but I don't like her either.  I cannot believe she was defending Trump on that.  They need someone with Nichole Wallace sensibilities.  

Then Paula probably would have clapped and said "there you go!" If she had been there when Whoopi, instead of trying to learn to pronounce the name of the now former President of Iran, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, she would always refer to him as "I'm a Dinner Jacket." ???I kid you not. I'm no fan of the guy, but that was very disrespectful.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Blissfool said:

Not to defend The Donald, but I could make a very similar video of Whoopi mispronouncing people's names.

But she is not the president mispronouncing foreign leaders that he has met or will meet this week with our relationship in the balance!     

Edited by wings707
  • Love 12
12 hours ago, Haleth said:

I'm starting to think that her husband has already cheated on her and that's why she has the views on it she does when it comes to her marriage. I'm tired of hearing her say that she's a former federal prosecutor just about everyday. I missed Joy's comment about it. Glad she brought the issue up though.

I wanted to hear more of what Mark had to say too as others have mentioned. Usually I enjoy days that have Joy as the moderator. Today I got frustrated and annoyed too many times for a Friday episode.

• Love 5
23 hours ago, Haleth said:

Whenever I see a couple with a joint FB account I automatically think OK which one of you is insanely jealous?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, susieq147 said:

Whenever I see a couple with a joint FB account I automatically think OK which one of you is insanely jealous?

Ha!  Me too!  When I see JohnandMary Smith I think "free Mary!"

• Love 4