Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E01: Week 1

• Start Topic

30 minutes ago, fib said:

This is no longer on topic, so I will just say the following: I have been criticized for the way I speak, and never has it seemed anything but sexist. 

I've often been criticized for the way I speak and it's never been anything but prejudice against people from the Appalachian mountains. Of course I would have known that if I wanted to work in the media I would need to lose it.  Even so, I think regional accents are a different thing than vocal fry which is an affectation that usually begins in middle school. It isn't natural.

The very first time I heard vocal fry it was on a season of The Bachelor about ten years ago.  I don't think they were trying to sound like men, but like sexy girls. I can't see that it's professional or empowering at all.  I see nothing wrong with wanting radio announcers to have pleasant voices, anymore than wanting actors to be able to act or dancers to be able to dance.  It's their job.

This NPR voice is almost unbearable to me.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, leighdear said:

Peter must have some hidden skeletons/neuroses/kinks to have to find a woman on a TV show.  Superficially speaking, if he stays attentive, he'll age very well.  

If Rachel doesn't want to end up like Annalise Keating, pulling off her wig and wiping off her face, she needs to quit with the extensions.  That hair already looks tortured and fake.  

I think Rachel just needs better extensions and higher quality hair.  I see some beautiful waves on TV. The African-American gossip panelist who's on Access Hollywood just put some beautiful hair in.  I really would've expected that the production company would've hooked Rachel up with a top notch hair stylist and purchased really high-quality hair that's bouncing and behaving.   Call Nicki Minaj's stylist.   She had a beautiful we've an incredibly long at the billboard awards. Is the production company so cheap or just totally uninformed without African-American production assistants.  The ladies would know where to go and who to get it done by in Hollywood.  Many majority people would also know where to go and how to get a really good hook up.

but you are right about Rachel watching the weaves. When she's off the bachelorette she could get a really great wig very natural looking.

I just watched the episode and haven't read the posts yet, but ...

If there were episode titles this one should have been "I Have No Whaboom In Me."

I thought Rachel was great. She has a lot of poise. Most of the guys seemed decent except for Whaboom, super drunk guy (although he was funny when he saw Rachel and ? kissing) and the guy wearing a light gray prom tux with large black lapels got a little annoying.

12 hours ago, Canada said:

They need to go back to the written recaps.  They were really well done.  The podcast... not so much.

I agree but not sure we will be heard posting this in week 1 !  

17 hours ago, Canada said:

They need to go back to the written recaps.  They were really well done.  The podcast... not so much.

Waaaaaaaaaay too much chit-chat. No offense to either Stefanie or Jeff because they're awesome written recappers. But that's what's so great about the written recaps--especially Jeff's: snarky joke, funny observation, repeat with no filler! Now we have to sit through a half hour of chit chat until Jeff brings up something funny he jotted in his notes? Ain't nobody got time for that. Just give us your notes! We demand the snark, and nothing but the whole snark! ;-)

• Love 6