Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E01: Week 1

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, Canada said:

F***, I'm in love with Rachel!

Tickle guy - if he'd tried something like that with me, I would have punched him.  I hate being tickled and being grabbed around the waist like that would have freaked me out.  I would have sent him home right then and there.

Producers made her keep him, surly.  

• Love 1
(edited)

I think another producer pick is the self declared 'country boy' who we see is aching for a fight.  I can see her eliminating him on the spot.  We have to have one of those, right?  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 4

I liked this episode.   Rachel seems so down to earth and funny.   I also think that most of the guys will hold my attention as well.    Dean looks like a poor man's CT from the Real World/Challenge shows.    I think he's too young to go far with her but he's pretty so he can stay on the show for my viewing pleasure.  I'm loving Erik and Josiah but Bryan did not impress me as much as he impressed her.   The close up them kissing was almost as revolting as the classic Carly/Evan jalapeno kiss on BIP.    I know I'll get Bachelorette fatigue before the end of the season but so far - I'm good with this season!

• Love 9
(edited)
7 hours ago, fib said:

I dont know if Im more woke than I used to be, or if the men were more agressive, or what.  But The two instances of Rachel being touched/kissed eithout permission set me off a bit.  First: tickle monster? No.  dont touch me in sensitive places without permission. Thats not a laugh, thats fear.   Two: Bryan, kiss guy? You need to be invited to kiss a woman. Not explicitly, but when Rachel said she hadnt planned on kissing anyone tonight, I just had this awful flash of Rachel's preferences being ignored in a way that really struck me as problematic, made worse by our culture's history of sexualization and abuse of women of color.  

Mainly I feel for Rachel, but its also not what I want when I turn on this show.  

Im glad she liked it, that eased it for me, but it concerns me that the season is starting to head this way already. Please show, dont abuse lovely Rachel.  

/soapbox.  Sorry for being all pc

I follow this column called "Ask a Manager".  It is an ADDICTIVE AS HELL column where people write in their work problems to a manager named Alison Green.

There was once a case where somebody tickled a coworker, and that coworker was so upset she wanted the tickling coworker to be fired.  The comments were very interesting - some people hate hate hate hate that, and some people even have bad childhood (read: disturbing) associations with being tickled.  It's just useful to know, in general, that so many people see that as an assault (I was not aware of that -- not that I'd EVER go around tickling people!) and so many people see tickling without permission with such wildly varying degrees of seriousness!  It really opened my eyes.

http://www.askamanager.org/

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 4
(edited)

I think I'm in the minority.

Hated it.

TOO MANY OVER THE TOP PRODUCER PICKS.

UGH

Maybe it'll get better when most of the douche canoes and fameboys leave but right now? It's not about Rachel at all. Not even at all. It's all about the overly confident, arrogant, here to be discovered, producer planted, recruited to play a role, all for the ratings dudes.

I hated it. The cocktail party was offensive and painful to watch. 93 to 95% of those jerks are there to be discovered, get "insta-famous," make the "bachelor - in - _______" rounds. And for some reason, seeing some one as genuinely smart, beautiful, accomplished and just plain NICE as Rachel stuck in this mess is sad to me. 

Watched most of that with the sound off.

Edited by hnygrl
  • Love 6

Rachel is such a breath of fresh air when it comes to being the Bachelorette. She appears to be articulate, coherent, intelligent, and knows how to roll with the punches (or, in her case, tickles).  Her casting is a huge step up from the beautiful but glassy-eyed Joelle, and the energetic but painfully crass Kaitlyn. I hope think she'll do a good job of carrying this season. 

It's too early for me to pinpoint favorites amongst the men, but Bryan reminds me of Josh Murray and makes me feel a bit uncomfortable - despite him being physically attractive. I really like Peter, as well as the cherubic Dean. 

• Love 15
8 minutes ago, Koala said:

Rachel is such a breath of fresh air when it comes to being the Bachelorette. She appears to be articulate, coherent, intelligent, and knows how to roll with the punches (or, in her case, tickles).  Her casting is a huge step up from the beautiful but glassy-eyed Joelle, and the energetic but painfully crass Kaitlyn. 

Love what you said, and for once in a long time, I'm looking forward to watching this season.:) 

• Love 3

We may change our opinion of Bryan as we see more.  I trust her ability to read people.  First of all he is 37 and I believe serious about wanting a wife.  There are others in the 30 range, too.  That in itself is a refreshing change. 

This is going to be a very good season.  Rachael is the best bachette to date! 

• Love 3
(edited)
15 hours ago, TVGlow said:

Whaboom can get off my screen now.

Please...please.

He was on Ex-Isle last year and was just as annoying and ridiculous as he is on here.  He's got to be a plant all the way.  He's looking for reality whoredom fame.

Edited by zoltana
  • Love 4

What do you think Fred did that would make her describe him as a "baaaad kid"

The Tickle Monster had like zero sense of humor which made him extremely serial killer-y.

I thought Bryan's kissing was disgusting and I had to look away. It was very Lloyd Christmas, Dumb and Dumber, swallowing her whole.

The whaboom guy I would like to punch in the face repeatedly. Too loud, too much, kudos to the cast on their restraint. If he lasts past next week I'm going to have problems.

• Love 16
(edited)

I loved this episode. I'm impressed that the show is treating her so well, and I think the guys are hilarious. Obviously Whaboom is promoting his character and the Nashville guy got to sing his own song (snore) and Adam with AJ will get old fast, but that's okay, we are laughing with them, I think. 

Rachel is right up there with Emily and JoJo and probably Trista (whose show I did not watch for no particular reason) as Bachelorettes who are poised and confident and not overcome with pathetically hoping the guys will like her. 

Also loved that we aren't being hit over the head by the show with her being the first Bachelorette of color. She is awesome. 

Bryan made me want to throw up with his kissing. Rachel's face must have hurt at the end of the episode, he was chewing her up so much.

Edited by MakeMeLaugh
  • Love 4

I fell asleep part way through so had to look online to see who was sent home. I found most (emphasis on MOST) of the guys good looking and interesting, and hope the PPs (producer plants) go sooner than later, they are really making me hate them the longer they are on screen *coughlucascough* I like Rachel, just as I liked her on Nick's season. So I'm hoping for a fun ride with not TOO many of the guys turning into douches. Not that I have much faith in that happening. I hope Rachel can sort through the ones there to audition for another show. (And good luck on that!)

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, Kbilly said:

What do you think Fred did that would make her describe him as a "baaaad kid"

The Tickle Monster had like zero sense of humor which made him extremely serial killer-y.

I thought Bryan's kissing was disgusting and I had to look away. It was very Lloyd Christmas, Dumb and Dumber, swallowing her whole.

The whaboom guy I would like to punch in the face repeatedly. Too loud, too much, kudos to the cast on their restraint. If he lasts past next week I'm going to have problems.

Good call.

pw5bax.gif

altho I was also reminded of this:

tumblr_nnkze25rhF1rp0vkjo1_500.gif

• Love 5
4 hours ago, yorklee2 said:

Speaking of which I thought it was kind of sweet for all the girls to come back for her like that. I think it was more a show of support then giving her some supposed sage advice. Just shows how much she was really liked in the house.

I'm sure the show paid for their airfare and accommodations - not to mention it gave them all another chance to get their face on tv and solidify their Paradise auditions!

Waboom needs to go next week - why do the producers think viewers have any interest in that kind of crap?

• Love 5
(edited)
2 minutes ago, OldWiseOne said:

Waboom needs to go next week - why do the producers think viewers have any interest in that kind of crap?

My thought is that making her keep him is a way to drum up righteous indignation among the "nice guys" (with good reason). Gives them a chance to show some emotion.

Edited by dleighg
  • Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I follow this column called "Ask a Manager".  It is an ADDICTIVE AS HELL column where people write in their work problems to an ex manager named Alison Green.

There was once a case where somebody tickled a coworker, and that coworker was so upset she wanted the tickling coworker to be fired.  The comments were very interesting - some people hate hate hate hate that, and some people even have bad childhood (read: disturbing) associations with being tickled.  It's just useful to know, in general, that so many people see that as an assault (I was not aware of that -- not that I'd EVER go around tickling people!) and so many people see tickling without permission with such wildly varying degrees of seriousness!  It really opened my eyes.

http://www.askamanager.org/

Watch the documentary Tickled on Netflix. You will never view tickling in the same way again. Ever. Actually, I really do recommend it if you've never seen it before. It's not anything you think it will be - it's a rather astounding documentary.

I'm a big believer in to each his or her own, but did someone actually once tell the kitten guy (the one who thought he was growling like a tiger but he really sounded like a kitten purring) that was a sexy noise? He seemed really committed to it, and I could imagine some ex-gf telling him out of revenge, "When you go on the Bachelorette, make that noise all the time. It. Is. So. Sexy," and then laughing like a maniac as she watched last night.

So the Whaboom guy really thinks he's got something there? Like a catchphrase or something like JJ's, "Dyn-o-Mite" or Steve Martin's, "Well excuuuuuuuse me"????? Although, I suppose the Kardashians have proven you can be famous for less so who am I to judge what becomes a pop culture phenom? I sure as hell never would've picked out Honey Boo Boo as something that would be popular, either, so clearly I have no idea what rings America's bell.

Loved Rachel. I think she has serious potential as the Bachelorette. Although the kissing sounds with first impression rose guy made me gag a little Nobody needs to hear that.

Edited by NoWhammies
  • Love 10

So the first impression rose goes to a guy I get douche vibes from and her reasoning is, "I don't know if it was because you told me I was gonna be in trouble. I don't know if it was because you spoke to me in Spanish. But there was something there." And also because he ate her face which was what that kiss looked like. He also looks like he has cheek implants. I hate that she gave props to the cliche bullshit. All a guy has to do is claim "bad boy" and speak another language then aggressively kiss her? I really hope Rachel isn't really that shallow. There were so many interesting interactions. I would have loved to see her pick someone deeper.

What was up with all the rudeness? One guy was vacuuming back and forth while she was trying to talk to another guy. Aren't these supposed to be men in their thirties? Some are acting like misbehaved children. And all the grabbing at her for one on one time made me feel uncomfortable. 

• Love 6

FORGET ABOUT ALL THESE DUDES THE ONLY ONE I CARE ABOUT IS COPPER. GIVE ALL THE ROSES TO THAT GOOD GOOD DOG.

Josiah became my immediate favorite when he came with "reasonable doubt" and then closed with "See ya later litigator." Exactly the perfect amount of cheesy. I also really like Kenny, though I didn't entirely expect to - shame on me for pre-judging based on his being a professional wrestler - he seems like he's got his shit together and doesn't have patience for much nonsense. 

This show always makes me so painfully aware of my personal physical boundaries. You tell me to close my eyes and then you grab at me and tickle me? You shove your tongue down my throat after saying four sentences to me? Get the eff out. Hands off the merchandise, folks! 

Lucas: I mean there are glimmers of an actual human being in there ("You look amazing! I look... very average") but he needs to dial it back about eleven notches. Maybe someone could slip some barbiturates into his drink. Not too much! I mean just sedate him enough so he acts like a person, not Tigger. 

• Love 18
34 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

I realized this morning that the guy who confronted Wha-Boom was the one going on about his so-called, super amazing penis in his intro package. So yeah, this is definitely a Team No one situation.

I had forgotten that!  He is the tickle monster, right?

• Love 1
(edited)
19 minutes ago, wings707 said:

I had forgotten that!  He is the tickle monster, right?

Blake E is the one who confronted Whaboom; he was the one:

1. Was one of the four on After the Final Rose

2. Intro was all about the peen

3. Showed up with a marching band so his bio says "aspiring drummer".

The tickle monster is Jonathon who in real life is a divorced doctor.

Edited by CindyBee
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, In2You said:

Asian Blake had to leave due to family issues

He made remarks when he left that didn't make any mention of that....I think he was the best looking guy there...was disappointed he left so early.

• Love 1

I thought The Perfect Penis Guy was Blake E, the drummer. I remember hating him because of his intro "package." No pun intended. But I might have him confused with someone else.

CindyBee beat me to it! Perfect Penis is indeed Blake E Drummer Boy. (Yuck)

• Love 2

Blake was super cute--losing out to a penguin, a doll and a waaboom just hurts.

Do guys normally cry when they're sent home?

Only when they don't get to wear all the outfits they packed!!!! 

This might not bother all people but I think there were only like 3 guys that were actually older than her. She's 32. A few were 26.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, PreviouslyTV said:

Rachel Lindsay submits herself to Bachelorettehood, with mixed (but mostly absurdly bad) results!

View the full article

So is there only gonna be a podcast and no blog/recap??  I'm bummed :(   I enjoy reading the recaps during my breaks at work.....so friggin funny

• Love 14
7 hours ago, yorklee2 said:

The best impression I had all night was honestly Rachel herself. Not that I thought she wouldn't do a good job but she exceeded my expectations. I found myself smiling a lot and really enjoying her ease, wit, and maturity.

As far as the men I like Peter and Eric the most. I thought Alex and Bryan were attractive but Alex didn't really stand out to me unless you count him pulling around that vacuum cleaner. With that I thought at first introduction he would say something like he was there to "sweep her off her feet" or something to that effect. But no so I'm not sure what that was about. Bryan came on a little too strong but I admit he's very attractive. To me Peter had a laid back, not trying to hard charm about him and Eric seems so sweet and charming.

Hope Rachel has a good season. Seems to be off to a great start. 

That was Alex with the vacuum? I was only half watching, but I picked him out from the intro pieces and then didn't think I saw him at all after that. Very attractive guy, but got so little screen time. 

So wait, there’s an Iggy and a Diggy? 

This made me laugh so hard. I misheard and thought it was Ziggy and Diggy, but either way, what are the odds? Here's hoping we get one of those rose ceremony mix ups, like when there's a Jen E, Jen S, Jen M, etc and the lead doesn't spit out the initial fast enough. 

Haha! I completely agree!  I found Rachel completely relatable and very likeable.  She showed a lot of charm and wit when meeting all the guys (my favourite line was "that was a just a glimpse?" after the whaboom guy did his thing).  I have a feeling she'll be one of the best Bachelorettes, and I hope she finds happiness. 

Rachel did a really nice job. I loved her "then I realized that was his thing. It's NOT my thing." She was funny and interesting, hopefully she finds someone good in this group.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, roses said:

Unfortunately in past seasons there have been some touchy feely guys right out of the gate, I remember in Desiree's season there was one who stepped out of the limo and tried to kiss her and after this other guy who kept trying to drag her to a secluded area he had set up. Totally inappropriate.

Can we extend this to The Bachelor too? There are some uncomfortably forward women (ex. Corinne removing her bikini top on her joint photo shoot with Nick) on that show who would annoy me. Frankly, it's the main reason the producers haven't yet chosen me to lead a season.

I'm glad I forgot to watch this episode. I saw the penguin costume in some recap photos and realized that the show had jumped the shark by copying the shark (dolphin?) outfit from The Bachelor. I'm sick of it, and I'm sick of whatever shit famewhores like that Whaboom guy pull. At this point, I just don't know if anyone is genuine on this franchise.

• Love 4
48 minutes ago, Riplet68 said:

I'm thirding the "please turn podcast back to blog/writing. 

4th'ing! I can read a recap anywhere--standing on a line, sitting at my desk. I cannot reasonably find 40 straight minutes to stop my life and LISTEN to a podcast. Not to mention the battery drain. I love, love, love Jeff Drake's recaps and REALLY would love to listen to him in the podcast, too, but it's not feasible. Could we split the difference and get a transcript, too, pretty please?

• Love 18
8 hours ago, wings707 said:

Best bachelorette ever!  Her confidence and poise are stellar.  

I agree! She is kind to the ones she's not really into and witty and clever with the ones she likes. I think she may be the smartest and nicest bachelorette yet. I gave her my first impression rose along with Nick on the first episode last year, and said then that I thought she would make a great Bachelorette.  Even with all that she's exceeded my expectations.

The only problem is that I don't think any of the men are good enough for her. 

Whaboom guy is going to give himself shaken baby syndrome.

• Love 21

I usually try to watch an episode or two of these shows before I read any spoilers, just so I can get an idea of who goes far and what type of edits are being given to the contestants.  After that, I usually quit watching and read only spoilers and recaps.  This season, I am fully spoiled, so I am not going to comment much about the guys.   I do want to say Rachel seems like a very lovely and classy lead, and with a few notable exceptions, I think she has an interesting bunch of guys.  I may actually end up watching this season. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, wonald said:

I listen to a lot of podcasts so I am looking forward to this one.

Hope you will take notes and report back on it.

The episode itself isn't that much longer than the podcast after taking out the commercials and the repetitive content.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, JudyObscure said:

Whaboom guy is going to give himself shaken baby syndrome.

Hah... or at least CTE like people that have had too many concussions. He'll reach a point where he's gone one whaboom too far, and will forget everything. In a way it will be a blessing.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, alannaofdoom said:

FORGET ABOUT ALL THESE DUDES THE ONLY ONE I CARE ABOUT IS COPPER. GIVE ALL THE ROSES TO THAT GOOD GOOD DOG.

My feelings precisely! I wanted a full-on Copper promo, all the personal stats and preferences, some sad dog stories and cheesy shots of Copper romping on the beach and through fields. I hope Copper sticks around and goes on a few dates.

4 hours ago, CindyBee said:

Blake E is the one who confronted Whaboom; he was the one:

1. Was one of the four on After the Final Rose

I caught that Blake E, Dean, and I think DeMario were on AFTR. Who was the fourth one?

• Love 1
23 hours ago, TVGlow said:

Whaboom can get off my screen now.

Please...please.

Oh. my. God. I haven't seen ANYONE as annoying as this guy in my entire life. What is his problem, I agree with the dude that confronted him, he is sooo not there to find a wife. I also agree 100% with you and I will add that he can whaboom himself out of the show anytime, the sooner the better.

• Love 11
(edited)

Just rewatched - I do that sometimes if I read stuff here I missed.

My favorites:

Kenny – don’t think she wants a kid already, liked that he asked about her, he also seems polite and gentlemanly

Peter - He's a major hotty.  It looks like he makes it far

Josiah –  didn't like him referring to himself in the third person, but liked his intro and reaction to rapper dude - he was getting progressively louder as night went on though and it annoyed me.

Diggy

Anthony

Will - from previews it looks like he goes far

I wonder if you can predict from the Bro hugs – holding privates away - that were given to her. Many of the guys stuck their butts out and didn't do a full body contact hug

The Guys hovering was majorly rude, and for the first time I saw Production people in back ground, lots of times. It was great that Rachel didn't let her attention waiver from guy she was talking to when other guys were being jerks.Bryan getting first ijmpression rose (plus Jordan) is just going to make guys try and mack on the ette the first night from now on Those were some slppy looking kisses, but Real kisses that feel good probably are sloppy looking. Loved Mohit’s reaction.  It looks like Bryan makes it far too - and I don't get warm fuzzys from him.  I'm horrible with names, so not sure who the skinny guys featured in the previews were.

Want her ring from last night - can't find it on line.  It would probably drive me crazy though

Rachel is first to have dog come with her. Along with Rachel finding love, they should have a little side show of Copper finding love.  He is the first pet allowed from what I've read.

I really want someone to say they won’t take rose

ETA:  Just watched the "this season on..." for the last 3 bach/ette seasons.  JoJo's season is the only one that totally telegraphed the winner.  Nick and Ben's "this season's" didn't give anything away.

Edited by Ripley68
new stuff
  • Love 1
(edited)

Chiropractor = Quack

plus the way he kisses seems like he is eating her face....yuck!

I think Peter and Alex are the hottest. Josiah has a compelling story but he seemed to cocky in the group.

Edited by Vicky8675309
  • Love 5
(edited)
13 minutes ago, Ripley68 said:

Rachel is first to have dog come with her. Along with Rachel finding love, they should have a little side show of Copper finding love.  He is the first pet allowed from what I've read.

Brian Vervick brought his dog when he was the Bachelor.  I'm glad they let Rachel bring her dog.  I travel everywhere with my dog.  Love me, love my dog.

Since Rachel is an intelligent woman, I'm certain Copper has been neutered.  He won't be taking another dog into the Fantasy Suite.  lol.

Edited by uoflfan
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, uoflfan said:

Brian Vervick brought his dog when he was the Bachelor.  I'm glad they let Rachel bring her dog.  I travel everywhere with my dog.  Love me, love my dog.

Since Rachel is an intelligent woman, I'm certain Copper has been neutered.  He won't be taking another dog into the Fantasy Suite.  lol.

They travel abroad so I doubt her dog comes with her everywhere.  

4 hours ago, uoflfan said:

LOL, poor Copper looses out again. My dogs would be miffed! :)