Type keyword(s) to search

Heroes Reborn

nymusix

How do you feel about NBC rebooting Heroes for a limited run season?   POLL CLOSED

83 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about NBC rebooting Heroes for a limited run season?

• Awesome! I can't wait
    • Hilariously inconceived

Nice! I like Hiro, but with Masi Oka having a steady gig on a competing network, I thought that he'd be the last character to make an appearance.

Edited by Trini

Comments about 'Reborn' from director Matt Shakman:

“You could absolutely come to this show completely new, without having watched any of the previous show,” Shakman confirmed. “You can also have been an ardent fan of the previous show and come and find things in there that you will respond to. There will be Easter eggs and just little sort of tidbits and nods to the old show,

“We’ve done a little bit of shooting already and then we’re still in prep,” he said about the production plans. “We did some complicated pre-shooting stuff, and then we really, really start in on this on April 6th. It’s going to be really fun. It’s big. It’s going to be really ambitious.”

• Love 2

Pruitt Taylor Vince, Francesca Eastwood and Eve Harlow have also signed on (Harlow is recurring, not sure about the others).

As reported by our sister site Deadline, The Mentalist alum Pruitt Taylor Vince and onetime Perception guest star Francesca “Daughter of Clint” Eastwood have boarded the project as an unassuming but persuasive guy and a manipulative young woman (respectively).

Additionally, The Wrap reports that The 100‘s Mountain Woman Eve Harlow has landed an undisclosed role on the secretive continuation of the supernatural series.

"unassuming but persuasive".  Given his look, I wonder if he'll be set up as a relative of David Lawrence's Puppet Master from the original.

(edited)

And we have a time slot: This Fall, Thursdays at 8pm

From original creator Tim Kring, the supernatural phenomenon begins again with a fresh crop of inspiring heroes who take on the ultimate struggle between those with extraordinary abilities and those with nefarious motives to hunt and harness their powers. Epic adventures await these newly empowered allies as they cross paths with some of the original characters (such as the beloved "HRG" and fan-favorite time-traveler Hiro Nakamura), unlocking the mysterious fate of the universe and their place within it.

(Will we need a new sub-forum for this show?)

Edited by Trini
(edited)

Looks like Mohinder will make an appearance, too. I don't even remember how his story left off; I skipped most of the last season.

1) Nothing against the actors or characters, but I still wish they didn't bring the old castmembers back. I'd prefer a completely fresh take.

2) Looks kinda iffy that all the returning cast are male.

Edited by Trini

Does this mean we'll get to know the outcome of his father's research?????

Now I'm thinking it would be funny if they just brought him on to do the opening narration of each episode.

• Love 3

I'd love to see Adair Tishler (Molly Walker) alongside him, but I think she's left acting (a quick search finds her having started at DePaul this past fall).

Also: Greg Beeman will be directing Episode 2.  He and Allan Arkush were two permanent directors on the original series (except for S4), who acted almost as consultants for the individual episode directors.  I'm very glad to see him on board!

I had seen complaints that all the returnees were male, so at least Angela's coming back.  Hayden's tied up with Nashville and I'm pretty sure Ali was happy not to be called, so other than Cristine Rose the only other major female cast member I can think of would be Ashley Crow (HRG's wife Sandra) and she had gotten the hell out of that marriage by S4 anyway.

Now I want to know how we can get Kyle Bennet and Molly Walker in!

That looks...cheap? Stock footage and badly drawn CGI graffiti? I mean good for them for trying and I must say I'm intrigued, it seems they're going for a post-apocalyptic vibe which is very in right now so that's smart of them.

Also, here is the Heroes: Reborn Comic-Con info:

“HEROES REBORN” (Sunday, July 12, 1:45-2:45, Hall H; sponsored by Universal Television)

From Tim Kring, who imagined NBC’s original critically acclaimed “Heroes” series, comes “Heroes Reborn,” an epic 13-episode event series that chronicles the lives of ordinary people who discover they possess extraordinary abilities.

“Heroes Reborn” takes over Gaslamp Square with a first of its kind 4-D interactive experience where fans will have the opportunity to access their own extraordinary pyro-kinetic ability. Through a multi-sensory experience of interactive visuals and kinetic effects, fans will enter the world of “Heroes Reborn” and use their power with fire to escape a dangerous scenario.

Fans will also be able to take an animated “heroic” photo and tour through a “Heroes” gallery featuring iconic props from the previous series.

The “Heroes Reborn” Q&A panel, which will include an exclusive look at the extended trailer, will be moderated by returning cast member Greg Grunberg. Panelists include Tim Kring, Jack Coleman, Zachary Levi, Robbie Kay, Ryan Guzman, Gatlin Green, Henry Zebrowski, Judith Shekoni, Danika Yarosh and Rya Kihlstedt.

“Heroes Reborn” premieres Thursday, Sept. 24 at 8 p.m. on NBC.

NBC is starting to release motion character posters of some of the characters...

Ryan Guzman as Carlos:

ceb717efe9e6fc9f7248ec780deb3152d8f82719

Francesca Eastwood, whose character name hadn't been revealed before, as Molly:

dbe8cc2bfef4517263a9571715692b3ec8421af4

Given that Eastwood is only 3 years older than Adair Tishler, and the latter just finished her freshman year of college, is it possible, or probable, that this is the return of Molly Walker with a new actress????

• Love 1

Given that Eastwood is only 3 years older than Adair Tishler, and the latter just finished her freshman year of college, is it possible, or probable, that this is the return of Molly Walker with a new actress????

Interesting... you're probably right; it would be weird and unlikely to have another character with the same name.

(edited)

I'm cautiously optimistic for this actually. Season 1 was amazing but Seasons 2-4 were all over the place at times and with a mixture of familiar faces and mostly new people, it could actually work again.

I am hoping though that there are some LGBT characters (look how Sense8 does it well) and that they don't make the mistake of simply keeping characters on because they like the actor. Look at what happened with Sylar - brilliant in the first season and then struggling for decent material in subsequent seasons as well.

Shallow note but Carlos is pretty. Moving on though, fingers crossed this is a return to Season 1 goodness.

Edited by darkestboy

Two more came out yesterday... I can't get to the GIF versions right now to post them.

Robbie Kay as Tommy:

Awkward teen Tommy just wants to be normal and win the girl of his dreams, but normalcy is virtually impossible after learning of a new ability that terrifies him.

Judith Shekoni as Joanne:

Joanne is a vigilante, who has teamed with Luke (Zachary Levi) to avenge a tragic loss.

(edited)

bearcatfan originally posted this link in the Outlander forum, but it's relevant here, too.  This is a recording of Entertainment Weekly magazine's "Brave New Warriors" panel at the 2015 San Diego Comic Con, via GeekNation.  Zachary Levi participated:

http://geeknation.com/videos/sdcc-15-ews-brave-new-warriors-panel/#.VaEpSuP6ohg.twitter

Edited to add:  Here's a clearer version of the same panel, courtesy of Flicks and the City:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HU-sMcGvptA

Edited by LeighAnne
  • Love 1

This was an interview with Masi Oka from SDCC.  No real spoilers other than how many eps Hiro will appear in... and perhaps this (and this is Masi talking, not the interviewer):

It’s just the way it is. It’s kind of like Nathan will be killed every season. Hiro’s power will be nerfed somehow.

No, I don't think that means Adrian Pasdar is coming back :) .

As a binge watcher, I just don't think the last three seasons were nearly as bad as all that.

Yeah, they were.  Just found the show on netflix and, just as I recalled, the wheels came right off the wagon in season 2.  I'm like 4 episodes in and it's getting so stupid I can hardly watch.  I'll give Reborn a shot but they're starting with one strike.

What's with all of the shows coming back? X-Files, Prison Break, Heroes, and something else that I'm forgetting.

I'll probably tune in, to see what it's like, but I also finally stopped watching the original, back in 2009/2010, before the season ended. 

I also finally stopped watching the original, back in 2009/2010, before the season ended.

I can't remember if I stayed to the end--which sort of implies that even if I was "watching," I wasn't really. I remember hating what they did to Mohinder--especially because it was a ripoff of The Fly.

That promo reminds me how much I loved the first season Hiro. He was sweet and naive and fun. I hated the feudal Japan arc. Now I would never stick with a show that bored me that much. I'm much more fickle.

I see Robbie Kay, who played a believably evil Peter Pan on OUaT--which I no longer watch.

• Love 1

Heroes Reborn made the cover of the 8/31 TV Guide Magazine. Some minor spoilers.

Yes, showbiz is brutal, but it also packs the most insane surprises. One night, out of nowhere, NBC ran a 15-second promo for Heroes Reborn during the 2014 Winter Olympics. “The cast just went nuts texting each other because this was the first any of us had heard about it,” Grunberg says. “To have this second chance is incredible…well, except for the fact I’ve put on 25 pounds since the original and I’m on the treadmill every day trying to look like the old Matt!"

• Love 1