Type keyword(s) to search

Rent Live! (Fox) - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Ok, so apparently they are performing the show live as a concert for the studio audience. They have the rehearsal footage playing in the background, and they'll probably cut to that feed for the finale. But boy do I wish they were broadcasting that instead. That's real live theatre. Also, eerily reminiscent of the first performance of Rent, right? Looks like they are filming it, so I hope we'll get to see it someday. https://twitter.com/Foreverayoung

• Love 10
1 minute ago, lovett1979 said:

Ok, so apparently they are performing the show live as a concert for the studio audience. They have the rehearsal footage playing in the background, and they'll probably cut to that feed for the finale. But boy do I wish they were broadcasting that instead. That's real live theatre. Also, eerily reminiscent of the first performance of Rent, right? Looks like they are filming it, so I hope we'll get to see it someday. https://twitter.com/Foreverayoung

I mean yeah I wish I was watching that instead. 

• Love 6

Having seen Vanessa since High School musical days, I have to say it is obvious she has put in the work to improve her vocals.  I was really impressed with her in Grease (especially since she was doing it the day after her dad died) but Rizzo isn't a really vocally demanding role.  This requires a lot of power and even in "rehearsal" she is really bringing it.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, lovett1979 said:

I wish you did not post that because now I know that is happening at this moment. I'd rather see a live concert than a filmed show.

• Love 5

Ooh this version of Ill Cover You gets me in the feels. I think Brandon victor Dixon was hampered a bit by Valentina. He just brought it 

Edited by ms.o
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Catgyrl said:

Agreed. Jordan's doing well, too.

Yes, that's who's plating Mark. I'm enjoying him a lot.  Mark is such an important character yet doesn't get a lot of attention. He's doing a great job being the glue for the various storylines and anchoring it for the audience. He's definitely making Mark his own. 

• Love 3

Yeah this is maybe going to be a little awkward staging since roger can’t really move right now.

I mean I guess the staging isn’t that bad but.. still the moment with the girls coming in with Mimi was awkward because the actor can’t grt off the table to help or anything.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

No Rent for us; apparently technical difficulties with Fox and/or Optimum? All I know is my DVR recorded a bunch of pixels and static and then froze when we tried to FF and gave us an error message. Optimum is blaming Fox.

It clears up after about 8 minutes. Fast forward.

I mean.. I guess we saw a version of this? I feel bad for the guy playing Roger for getting hurt, these types of productions should really hire understudies, things happen all the time, freak accidents, etc but I like the added anticipation that comes with these live things and this wasn’t that.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, satrunrose said:

I will now admit something I never dared admit to my Rent-loving buddies in the 90s;  Although I love tons of Rent, the "I should tell you" motif makes me kind of stabby. 

My 12 yr old shouted “OMG THEN JUST TELL HER!”

It amused me. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
6 minutes ago, satrunrose said:

I will now admit something I never dared admit to my Rent-loving buddies in the 90s;  Although I love tons of Rent, the "I should tell you" motif makes me kind of stabby. 

Mimi and Roger on the whole make me stabby. This is the first Roger that didn't outright annoy me.

I would watch that entire thing again just for that final curtain rise. And seeing the two Collins sing have me chills.

Edited by callie lee 29
  • Love 6