Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E07: Fowl Play

• Start Topic

(edited)

Not sure if it's just for the cameras or not, but based on Liz and JD's interaction with both Kathryn and Thomas, I think both are taking their responsibilities as godparents seriously and are truly hoping for an amicable understanding between the parents so that it as traumatizing for their children. Their advice was fair and avoided taking sides or talking down to either side for their behaviour or decisions. 

The moment I saw them go hunting and they explained how it goes, my immediate thought was that it didn't seem like a safe environment for the dogs unless they were hunting with experienced shooters. I would be terrified that I may accidentally shoot the dog. Austen seemed like a natural...Craig, not so much. 

I wish they could just dub over Landon's laugh. She doesn't even laugh at things that are funny or mildly amusing. Her laugh is just a place filler in a conversation when she can't think of more to her response other than 'I know right, etc.'. It doesn't help that she does it often and it's an annoying laugh. Yes, I know I find Landon annoying but even if managed to like what I saw of her on this show, I can't imagine not finding her laugh annoying still. 

As for Thomas, I can't feel bad for him. Thomas only entertains much younger women and he he seems to look at them as a prize. He wants a woman to have all these amazing qualities, but he also wants her to be the catch of the town that others are interested but he wants to feel real macho that he's the one that got her. Are there are no single or divorced women in Charleston that are in their mid-late thirties that he can at least hang out with?

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Love 7
10 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Even thirsty Landon isn't crazy enough to take Patricia's advice about Thomas - good ol' Pat must have just married for cash, and nothing else.

Her last husband died, her second marriage was 6 years and she was married to Whitney's dad who wasn't wealthy when she married him for 15 years.

8 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Her last husband died, her second marriage was 6 years and she was married to Whitney's dad who wasn't wealthy when she married him for 15 years.

"It takes money, honey," seems to be her theme song - Patsy Dey has come a long way (at least in her own eyes).

(edited)
2 hours ago, nexxie said:

"It takes money, honey," seems to be her theme song - Patsy Dey has come a long way (at least in her own eyes).

According to the book extracts posted in her tread, she was a Virginia debutante so I don't think that she switched social class, imo.

Yes, she has an expensive lifestyle however I was impressed that at 76, she still has the drive and stamina to come up with a fun fashion line and she also still travels internationally with her girlfriends.

I want to be her and have my own butler when I am retired!

Edited by LIMOM
  • Love 6

I haven't read through all the posts so it's probably been said but just in case- OMGaaawwwdddd Whitney and his eyeliner and overly-shaped brows. Yikes. Can he not see himself? It's creepy. 

• Love 3

Is Whitney actually wearing eyeliner ("guyliner")? I can't bring myself to scrutunize his face that closely. But yes, he seems to have done plenty of botox and it just gives him a creepy plastic-faced look. 

Thomas has aged a LOT between 50 and 54. 

• Love 3
On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 8:40 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

I'm not sure of the timing and when this was filmed, but, taking the Bar is super stressful.  The months preceding the Bar exam we ONLY studied, attended prep class, eat, slept, that's it.  We did this 7 days a week, from 7:00 a.m.-midnight....everyday.  I'm not sure if Craig was doing that or not.  

I'm not sure about the winter Bar but for the summer one his law school actually hosts a couple of weeks long, intense, crash study course/session. I would not be surprised if they did similar for February since they started rolling/mid year admissions to increase enrollment a couple of years ago. They also have a night program so I'm sure some of those students finish & take the bar at off times as well. 

On May 20, 2017 at 7:11 PM, LIMOM said:

According to the book extracts posted in her tread, she was a Virginia debutante so I don't think that she switched social class, imo.

Yes, she has an expensive lifestyle however I was impressed that at 76, she still has the drive and stamina to come up with a fun fashion line and she also still travels internationally with her girlfriends.

I want to be her and have my own butler when I am retired!

Yes !  I agree.  It must be nice to have that kind of money in the "golden years".   A butler would be a dream.  I'm anxiously waiting for her book from the library.  

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Yes !  I agree.  It must be nice to have that kind of money in the "golden years".   A butler would be a dream.  I'm anxiously waiting for her book from the library.  

Her book is on my queue as well.

On 5/16/2017 at 2:21 PM, Giselle said:

I bet she majored in "cocktail classes"and only "cocktail classes." That's what my friends called them. Those one or two classes outside your studies you took to make interesting conversation at parties. 

If that's the case then her teacher sucked. No interesting things come out of Dolphins mouth, just, Theeennnkkkyoooowww..

45 minutes ago, Nancypants said:

If that's the case then her teacher sucked. No interesting things come out of Dolphins mouth, just, Theeennnkkkyoooowww..

You forgot the "awwwwww" that she always does before the "theeennnkkkyooowww."

It's too hard to ponder just what exactly wanders through her head as she goes about her day.

I think a goldfish goes through life with more purpose than Landon.

• Love 5
On 5/16/2017 at 0:36 PM, sasha206 said:

And T-Rav.  Is he really such a great catch?  I mean, he's not a bad looking dude and he evidently has money.  He does have a certain charm.  However, his flirting with women who could really be his daugher's age is gross.  And his procreating with a woman who is ice cold 2x says a lot about his maturity.  Money aint everything

If Trav was chasing gorgeous,  sophisticated,  50 year old women,  he might find happiness.  But, would a woman like that want an ex felon with 2 toddlers and a crazy baby mama?  Nope!  Those women are looking for someone like David Foster, or someone in his circle. That woman doesn't want to "hang out" with a bunch of 20 somethings doing shots.

1 hour ago, Swim mom said:

If Trav was chasing gorgeous,  sophisticated,  50 year old women,  he might find happiness.  But, would a woman like that want an ex felon with 2 toddlers and a crazy baby mama?  Nope!  Those women are looking for someone like David Foster, or someone in his circle. That woman doesn't want to "hang out" with a bunch of 20 somethings doing shots.

The problem with TRav (and Shep, too, because really, he's a junior TRav right now with just a better vocabulary) is that he fancies himself ala-George Clooney, or Warren Beatty. Sure, those guys do have some kind of womanizing reputation, or tendencies. But at the same time, they also have a lot more substance to them than these Southern Charm guys. They have a LOT more to offer to women they fancy. So it's no surprise they were able to bag Amal Alamuddin or Annette Bening. And they probably also weren't hanging around bars every night doing body shots on college girls when they met these women. So there's that. 

Look at TRav's dating history since he got famous - the only woman he had some kind of a serious relationship with was with a crazy one. The women of substance were smart enough to know to stay away - Danni, Jennifer. Even the woman with little substance - Landon - also knew the wasn't worth it. 

• Love 3
On 5/16/2017 at 6:37 AM, Lizzing said:

As long as the grammar and pronunciation police are out on this show, I wish they'd jump on Landon and Chelsea (but mostly Landon, because she's so "sophisticated") and instruct them that wary and weary are, in fact, two different words with different pronunciations and meanings.

Goodness, yes!  And, I and me are also two different words.