Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E03: Chef, Lies and Facetime

• Start Topic

(edited)

Bobby,  women are not running from you because Hannah has magical cock blocking powers over you.   It's because you are a stage 5 klinger every time.  Desperate is not a sexy look.  

Still seeing a young Mel Gibson with the chef.  

ETA.... Forgot to mention,  yes you are a douche Bobby fit inviting 2 women along that night.  You deserve what ever Hannah said.  

And Wes is too cute,  but like another poster said I'm just waiting for him to disappoint me,  lol. 

Edited by ihartcoffee
To say more
  • Love 9
35 minutes ago, Trooper York said:

What have we learned on this episode?

Ben is not just a fame whore. He is a real whore.

How many women on this franchise is he going to bang?

I hope he washes his hands. Just sayn'

I just hope he and the girls he hooks up with are getting regular STD checks.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Nancypants said:

Charming Classy guests with no self involved food demands...

Where are THEY, Bravo?

Here!  I'm right here!

But I'm not eating Brussels sprouts.  I will not complain about it.  Just discreetly toss them overboard. That's what I would do.

Otherwise, it's always better when someone else makes it.  And cleans up after.  And knows how to do a hot stone massage.

You don't even have to park the boat and pull out the toys.  Just sail around.

• Love 3
On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 8:09 AM, Diane Mars said:

I know this place ! Yeah !!!!! I went there as a kid :) So the thing is that there's a lot of underwater rocks (of course, rocks don't float ^_^ ) -and, holes in the rocks- and, sometimes, with a very few wind, you can have huge underwater waves, if that makes sense...

... And I'm so looking for some more scenery of Hvar !

PS : I'm always surprised with the difference of "interest", if I can call it that way, regarding the human body and the nudity here, in Europe, vs the NA... When I was a kid, Hvar -and the other islands,- were famous for their "FKK" ("Frei Körper Kultur" in German), which means that being naked under the sun on beaches or creeks was 100% normal, lol ! And, for my part, when I can, I'm topless ! (#freeTheNipples)

True. I felt like I needed a Clorox shower after watching this, but you're right. However, these people were not Euros, nor were the men even close to being nude (and, no, maybe it's not their job to be) but it all still made me feel dirty & gross.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, dosodog said:

Here!  I'm right here!

But I'm not eating Brussels sprouts.  I will not complain about it.  Just discreetly toss them overboard. That's what I would do.

Otherwise, it's always better when someone else makes it.  And cleans up after.  And knows how to do a hot stone massage.

You don't even have to park the boat and pull out the toys.  Just sail around.

Then you haven't had Brussels sprouts prepared in a good way. My wife cuts them in half longitudinally, then bakes them with either bacon and maple syrup or with garlic and bacon. Talk. About. YUM!

• Love 6

To the poster who asked on the first page, Bobby is 31.  Lauren mentioned his age last night.  I imagine Jules is back home in Britain, thanking her lucky stars she dodged that bullet.

Malia, sweetheart.  If you want to make sure that Hannah knows you only swing one way, maybe stop motor boating her.  That might help with any potential confusion.

I liked Sandy for the first time this episode.  She was genuinely kind and understanding with Bugsy.

So is Lauren a liar or not?  Sounds like maybe she's playing on both sides of the fence. 

These guests are gross. I feel for the chef (Adam?) having to make and serve regular, gluten free, raw and vegan dishes, all at the same table. 

• Love 8
(edited)

MrSmith, I was a brussels sprouts hater until I had them prepared the right way.  My mother and grandmother would boil the crap out of them, drain and put a pat of butter on them.  My sister and I could not leave the table until they were all gone because they were good for us.  When I was an adult I went to dinner at my friend's house and her mother made brussel sprouts the "right" way, baked with bacon.  I tried them to be polite but I ended up loving them and I took home a container of leftovers.

Edited by movingtargetgal
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, MrSmith said:

Then you haven't had Brussels sprouts prepared in a good way. My wife cuts them in half longitudinally, then bakes them with either bacon and maple syrup or with garlic and bacon. Talk. About. YUM!

Roasted brussel sprouts with kimchi and ginger is also fantastic as is brussel sprouts gratin.

• Love 4

In regards to anchoring to the rocks - from what i gather, it is often done because it is more stable - i.e. the boat doesn't swing around the anchor point. 

Another common reason for it is to allow more than one boat to anchor in a restricted space. 

Also it can be used where the water depth or angle of the sea bed could result in a lot of slack in the anchor chain.

It is also supposed to be more secure in windy conditions.

What i don't get is that when i was learning to sail, i was told many of these luxury yachts have side thrusters which is why they can be easily maneuvered. Yet this super expensive yacht doesn't seem to have them !

8 hours ago, MrSmith said:

I would be willing to try if the bacon portion was more than the sprout portion. :)

4 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Roasted brussel sprouts with kimchi and ginger is also fantastic as is brussel sprouts gratin.

Kimchi? Now I'm just running out of the room.  Let's just put some limberger cheese on there too.  LOL!   

• Love 2

My mind kept wandering to the song MR SKIN by Ten Years After. I think it's on their SHHH album. Rather distracting. 

I'm waiting for Bobby to either implode or explode. 

Wes had the best attitude...no fraternization with his fellow crew mates. That and he seems to know his job well. 

I enjoyed watching th chef go to the local market. Usually we just see boxes of stuff brought to the boat. Ben would complain about his ingredients but how come he never went to market? It just makes sense for the chef to select the freshest ingredients. Good thing they weren't dealing with Leon. They'd be served beef cheeks and be told to like them or else! 

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Eater of Worlds said:

I don't think that Bobby is too proud of himself this time around.  He's being very quiet on Twitter, he's only doing promotions, otherwise there's nothing.

Maybe he'll learn something from seeing himself on TV. That's probably too hopeful, but I'm staking out that position anyway.

On 5/16/2017 at 11:32 PM, movingtargetgal said:

I have a stupid question.  Why are the anchors not holding the boat in place and dragging on the ocean floor?  Are they too small for the size of the boat?  

Not sure, but I believe Sandy only had the crew set one anchor on the bow. Problem is, apparently the wind shifted. One of the most difficult anchorages you can have is being on what's called a 'lee shore', where you're being blown back onto land. In that case you would normally set two anchors to windward. Sandy set two on the stern (tied to rocks) which would help keep the stern from swinging and would keep the view stable for the guests but wouldn't help if there was a big change in wind direction. It seemed like the bow anchor wasn't holding and was dragging.

And no, you don't want the anchor chain taut at rest. There has to be slack so that when tension increases from wind or current drift it will tend to cause the anchor to move laterally and dig in deeper. There is a common formula to use for how long the chain should be (called 'scope') based on water depth.

Probably more than you want to know:
http://www.anchoring.com/blog/anchoring-your-boat-all-about-scope/

• Love 4
(edited)

Bobby needs to take whole lot of seats.  No woman in her right mind would want to be in the same room with him.  

Bobby's mother should have told him, "Do your job.  Stop worrying about meeting women.  Worry about doing a good job."  He's such a pathetic loser.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 13
On 5/17/2017 at 6:33 PM, Trooper York said:

What have we learned on this episode?

Ben is not just a fame whore. He is a real whore.

How many women on this franchise is he going to bang?

I hope he washes his hands. Just sayn'

Did I miss something? I didn't see Ben on any of this new seasons episodes but maybe I just haven't had time to catch up to the latest. 

I love Hannah...she's definitely girl crush material!

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

didn't see Ben on any of this new seasons episodes but maybe I just haven't had time to catch up to the latest. 

He was on the latest episode FaceTiming with Lauren and apparently he and Lauren hooked up when he and Emily were on a break.

(edited)
40 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

He was on the latest episode FaceTiming with Lauren and apparently he and Lauren hooked up when he and Emily were on a break.

Oh. Ok, now I get the Ben-whore reference! Lol And Chefs Lies and Facetime episode is on right now so I'm off to see the anchor dropped!

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 1

Holy fuck! Bobby is a such a dork! And why do some grown ass men still like to keep their childish boy names. Like Bobby instead of Bob, Danny not Dan. So anyway, "Bobby" can't get women cause he's a geeky, dorky, gumby-like DESPERATE goofball. Blame yourself Bobby, for your lack of chics being attracted to you, NOT Hannah. And then he calls his Mommy to console him! Lol!

• Love 3

Is Bobby shooting up with roids? He is so aggressive and angry, then collapsing into tears because his dickish ways haven't landed him a girlfriend. His teeth so don't fit his mouth. Didn't he have work done?

• Love 1

Bemily(I gagged just typing that)was creepy from the start and it felt very much like a showmance, especially after when they were pushing their cleanse and nutritionl lol like s couple of Vanderpumpers. It still does, tbh. I don't care what forced clarifications are being issued by Ben, Emily, Lauren, or Kate, it remains creepy, forced, and fake to me.

Bobby isn't being too silent on Twitter with his sad little battle of tweets between him and Lauren and Hannah. I do find him to be a fairly frightening and distracting member and would love if he was given a ticket home, but I have a feeling we're going to have to Rocky Dakota this one.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Is Bobby shooting up with roids? He is so aggressive and angry, then collapsing into tears because his dickish ways haven't landed him a girlfriend. His teeth so don't fit his mouth. Didn't he have work done?

I feel bad for any girl he might have.  He needs surgery to fix that mouth, right now he uses invisalign.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Sure seems like it to me. He reminds me of people I knew in college that I knew were taking steroids and had serious emotional disturbances. And then from http://www.anabolicsteroids.net/roid-rage.php (section "Signs of Roid Rage"):

• Over aggressive behavior: It is basically one of the biggest indicators to look for in a person suffering from roid rage. There will be a noticeable difference in users post steroidal administration.
  • Hostility: Persons affected with roid rage are likely to be very erratic and hostile towards others.
  • Violence: People who are affected with roid rage tend to resort to violent acts. They are usually not in complete control of their actions but this put people close to the user at great risk.
  • Sudden mood swings: Users affected by roid rage suffer from constant mood swings. They have moments of euphoria followed by periods of depression.
  • False feeling of superiority: Users suffering from roid rage are increasingly likely to develop a false sense of superiority, which makes them believe that they are not responsible for their actions and they have the license to hurt and threaten others at will.
  • Disrespect for others: Most steroid users under roid rage tend to be extremely disrespectful towards people who are known to them. They tend to forget the relationship they previously shared with people.
  • Abusive: Steroid users under roid rage become increasingly abusive once time passes. They may say things which they should not be saying and hurt people without any remorse.

There are others; these are just the ones I feel Bobby pretty provably and fairly indisputably has displayed on camera.

• Love 6
(edited)

Lauren is a fucking idiot.  I completely see her being the girl in high school who wants to be popular more than anything in the world and she tells everyone what they want to hear and then say something completely different to the other person.  In the end, no one will like her because they don't trust a single thing she says.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 10
(edited)
On 5/18/2017 at 4:07 AM, dosodog said:

You can just sneak them onto my plate and I'll pass any cevice to you...

I felt bad for Bobby's mom.  Did she not watch the show? My kid is 9... i openly admit that he can be a bit of a jerk sometimes, i mean he's human and a kid.  (Granted we joke around about it a lot so no, I'm not setting him up for therapy) BUT... he's a good kid. He asks questions about the news or a tv show, and we talk about it.  He's asked about eating disorders, he's asked about sexism, he doesn't understand why anyone would be homophobic... I've said to him time and again, if he treats others poorly, it's on him and I'd be sad. This came about during some after school like special about a boy pushing a girl for kisses and under the shirt play. I said if anyone tells you no, it's no. 

So as i was listening to bobby's mommy coddle him over the phone, i wanted to slap her and say, you made this chump! You're the asshole if you are going to keep coddling over his idiot ways! Do better for hecks sakes! 

(As for my son, he was recently bullied at a party and i told him on no uncertain terms "your body is yours.  If anyone puts their hands on you and you ask them to stop and they don't, you have 3 options,  walk away and leave,  call me or his dad (he told the parents at the party and they told him what do you want me to do) or punch that kid in the freaking face.")

I love how the more money the guests have, the more stupid their food requests are.  Which i guess makes sense, but send a decent family on one of these trips... oh like a mom, dad and soon from cali, and you'll get one preference sheet that says "SPICEY ANYTHING", one that says "no ceviche or raw meat/fish please, non spicey" and another that would say "not spicey,  I'm game for whatever."  Lol.  

As for the anchors, i think i heard Sandy say they were too small for a boat that size.  And Bobby, 3 meters is way different than 2.something meters...

Edited by hatchetgirl
Add info
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, Nancypants said:

Math is harrrd, sez bobby. Yeesh.

I was amazed how off he was on the length of a shackle. Also, why is he doing yachting to find a girlfriend? I get that he wants to make more money. So, I guess he's really just doing yachting to do this show to get some fame and make more money. That girl Alex and her mother have really messed his mind up. If he weren't being such a scary, hostile, borderline violent asshole, I would feel bad for him. I hope we don't see any more of him anywhere after this season; not on this show or on any other.

• Love 4
On 5/21/2017 at 0:39 AM, Eater of Worlds said:

I feel bad for any girl he might have.  He needs surgery to fix that mouth, right now he uses invisalign.

He could have a million dollar smile but that isn't going to help his personality. He needs to take part of those Bravo paychecks and pay for some therapy.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, MrSmith said:

I was amazed how off he was on the length of a shackle. Also, why is he doing yachting to find a girlfriend? I get that he wants to make more money. So, I guess he's really just doing yachting to do this show to get some fame and make more money. That girl Alex and her mother have really messed his mind up. If he weren't being such a scary, hostile, borderline violent asshole, I would feel bad for him. I hope we don't see any more of him anywhere after this season; not on this show or on any other.

Given what we've seen of Bobby I'm willing to give Alex and her mother the benefit of doubt for now. They may have had to go nuclear just to get rid of the creep.

They may truly be money grubbing bitches but Bobby has shown us that he's an asshole. They may cancel each other out.

• Love 3
On 5/18/2017 at 1:07 PM, HunterHunted said:

I loved brussel sprouts but I am so over them. They are everywhere now.  Can't get away from them even if I'm having dinners at family's and friend's houses. Ugh!

17 minutes ago, Giselle said:

Given what we've seen of Bobby I'm willing to give Alex and her mother the benefit of doubt for now. They may have had to go nuclear just to get rid of the creep.

They may truly be money grubbing bitches but Bobby has shown us that he's an asshole. They may cancel each other out.

Good points. It could be that Alex was trying to get rid of him, found she couldn't, and enlisted her mother's help for some "motherly disapproval". He seems to be pretty clingy and needy. Maybe he wasn't always that way; I don't know, of course.

• Love 2
(edited)

I think one of the women even referenced 'roid rage, didn't she?  (Can't remember which one, but he was yelling and she was walking away and kind of tossed it over her shoulder (or said it at another point and the editors shoehorned it in later). The camera was not on the person's face saying it, it was part of the cross talk going on.

Bobby's modeling pretty textbook "nice guy" behavior (on steroids).  Running around screaming "I'm NICE! You're supposed to treat me NICE!" is more threatening/off putting than the skeevy chef flirting with no intention of ever getting tied down, but Nice Guys(TM) see the behavior of the latter while overlooking the charm factor.   Hint - the skeevy sweet talking guys are trying to at least EARN the hook up, not demand it on the basis of intrinsic merit.

Dark haired girl was definitely caught up in some kind of lying, though.  I thought Hannah handled it pretty well in terms of stating what she said (and that she had said no less to his face that night), and then backing away.  If she's smart she took in the lesson about dark haired girl, though.  

When the captain paid Hannah the compliment about her skill set, then followed up with the "we have the same eyes" comment, I felt something about it was weirdly inappropriate.  That was before the lesbian reveal.  But then the stews started getting all over each other, so I guess that's the theme they're going for this season.  

No blame for whichever guy came in to put that door on up above the shower?  The one that crashed into the shower door made of non-safety glass, breaking into a zillion shards?  Causing Bobby to act like the girl had sliced her femoral artery and/or achilles tendon and required his immediate medical attention?  I'm surprised she consented to having even her foot examined before getting out of the towel and into some clothes.  It was a lot of blood, but it wasn't pumping blood. There was no reason not to let the woman shower and take a look afterwards.  

Edited by kassa
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, MrSmith said:

I don't for a second believe that Bobby's behavior is the result of snobby Alex's rejection. Last season, Jules had her issue with Ben about her perception that he was rubbing his background in her face. Her father came from a posh background and his family was constantly correcting her and snidely looking down on her. That's typical of how someone reacts when wealth or class are issues for them. I'd have to watch again, but I don't think Bobby mentioned Hannah's experience traveling the world, speaking another language, or just general sophistication. Basically any of the things that would indicate that he has insecurities about money and class. 

Bobby's issues are about straight up rejection, which is why he went for Jules last season. Jules was happy in a long term relationship, but Bobby still framed his feelings as something Jules did to him. Even with Lauren, I feel like he might have been testing her by bringing the 2 other Instagram girls along (like he was hoping it would motivate Lauren to drop him) and then later she failed when she left the party with Ben. If Malia liked him, that's probably dead because of how over the top he's been acting. I don't know how or where Bobby acquired this pattern, but he seems to want to pick women who don't want him.

• Love 3
51 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

If Malia liked him

Malia just wants to f*ck. She'll probably end up having sex with him because he's eye candy to her and she probably thinks he'll be good in the sack.

On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 6:22 PM, Neurochick said:

Bobby needs to take whole lot of seats.  No woman in her right mind would want to be in the same room with him.  

Bobby's mother should have told him, "Do your job.  Stop worrying about meeting women.  Worry about doing a good job."  He's such a pathetic loser.

Bobby's mother also should have said,'' Hey, watch your language when you're talking to me!  I'm your mother not your buddy.  Lose the F word talk."  That just made me so uncomfortable!  I have a son about that age and he knows how to talk around me and how to talk around his friends.  Bobby is obviously extremely spoiled and coddled.  A bad egg.

• Love 3

Food requests are rough but if you are paying so much for a charter they need to accommodate reasonable requests.

My wife had to go gluten and lactose free because of severe allergies and it really limits eating out at restaurants. Unless we go to a gluten free restaurant there is usually nothing she can eat. I end up creating dish at the table. It always ends up being grilled chicken over salad with olive oil. I just have them bring the ingredients from a couple of dishes to the table and I make it up right there for her.

It is a major league pain in the ass but you have to do it if you are allergic. 

• Love 2
On 5/22/2017 at 10:48 AM, Giselle said:

He could have a million dollar smile but that isn't going to help his personality. He needs to take part of those Bravo paychecks and pay for some therapy.

A billion dollar smile still wouldn't compensate for his dead fish eyes.

• Love 4
(edited)
On 5/22/2017 at 7:48 AM, Giselle said:

He could have a million dollar smile ...

I might be in the minority here but I do not think Bob's teeth are anywhere close to "a million dollar smile". I keep seeing Bugs Bunny. Just because one's teeth are straight and white does not necessarily make a beautiful smile. The veneers have to look natural and fit your mouth. Bob looks hideous. Just as hideous as Giadia de Laurentis from the ccoking channel and Julia Roberts. And yes, I refuse to refer to a grown man as "Bobby"! Lol. Bob has enough psychological  issues he needs to address. His teeth and muscle tone are not going to catch him a girlfriend and keep her. I WANT EMILE BACK!! 

Edited by chenoa333
2 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

I might be in the minority here but I do not think Bob's teeth are anywhere close to "a million dollar smile". I keep seeing Bugs Bunny. Just because one's teeth are straight and white does not necessarily make a beautiful smile. The veneers have to look natural and fit your mouth. Bob looks hideous. Just as hideous as Giadia de Laurentis from the ccoking channel and Julia Roberts. And yes, I refuse to refer to a grown man as "Bobby"! Lol. Bob has enough psychological  issues he needs to address. His teeth and muscle tone are not going to catch him a girlfriend and keep her. I WANT EMILE BACK!! 

Your not in the minority. There are at least two of us.

• Love 1

I may

On 5/24/2017 at 5:53 PM, chenoa333 said:

I may be wrong but I think the poster meant that even IF Bobby had a million dollar smile, he would still be ugly. I don't think he/she meant he actually did have a million dollar smile, but if he did his personality would still make him ugly. 

• Love 2
54 minutes ago, Maharincess said:

I may

I may be wrong but I think the poster meant that even IF Bobby had a million dollar smile, he would still be ugly. I don't think he/she meant he actually did have a million dollar smile, but if he did his personality would still make him ugly. 

Lol! Sometimes my brain totally misses the snark and I mistake it for a serious remark! But yes, we agree Bobby does not have a million dollar ANYTHING! 

• Love 2
(edited)
On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 6:37 PM, stcroix said:

Bobby's mother also should have said,'' Hey, watch your language when you're talking to me!  I'm your mother not your buddy.  Lose the F word talk."  That just made me so uncomfortable!  I have a son about that age and he knows how to talk around me and how to talk around his friends.  Bobby is obviously extremely spoiled and coddled.  A bad egg.

Hard to believe this weenie is calling his mom crying about a girl that doesn't even know him that well! I knew he was a loser last season after his bullying Daniel who was sent packing early thanks to Bobby's b!tchin'! He's a true loser and I hope he gets his soon! 

Edited by Avon.Blakes7
  • Love 1
On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 10:17 PM, Maharincess said:

I may

Bobby's an arse and having a $10 M smile and body wouldn't make me look at him longer than necessary! He's an irrational bully who thinks nothing of going after men and women alike! It would make sense if he was right, but he's so paranoid, the thinks "everyone's" talking about him! He's the epitome of that Carly Simon song, "You're So Vain!" A TRUE jerk really! 

Why were they filming the nude women?  Were any nude men filmed?

The filming was for a travel and leisure segment on the website "Naked News".  They film a daily news show from Toronto with additional features such as "Naked on the Street" and naked sports challenges.  Those women spend most of their working day nude or semi-nude and even walk around in their offices/studio in the buff,  so cavorting naked on the yacht is just another work day for them.  "Naked News" experimented a few years ago to have naked male newsreaders, but it was unsuccessful.  Apparently equal opportunity nudity is NOT what sells subscriptions to the website.  Mr. Skin also sponsors a weekly feature about Naked at the Movies on NN, but I was not aware that he seems to be the Naked News boss as well. 

• Useful 1