Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E03: Chef, Lies and Facetime

• Start Topic

The rift between Bobby and Hannah grows; Bobby calls out Lauren for having an affair with one of his friends; a group of guests shed their clothes while the deck crew tries to remain professional; Bugsy must decide whether she should go home.

(edited)
4 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

Bobby is a jackass!

And why is the blonde who reminds me of a Hilton sister crying constantly?

Agree regarding Bobby. He's got serious issues. Why does he keep coming on this show looking for a girlfriend? Do a good job, make some money, don't act like an asshole. Get a girlfriend off the boat.

To which blonde are you referring? Buggy was crying because her grandmother died. I think Hannah cried about after Bobby was a colossal ass and called her an alcoholic. If Malia cried, I don't remember it. 

Edited by Michichick
  • Love 3

I wonder if Bobby's hormones are out of whack?  There's no fun Bobby, just aggressive Bobby.  That and he seems to be obsessed with having a girlfriend.  Dude, the charter season isn't that long!

Feel sorry for Bugs but she's kind of stuck.

Sandy continues to be competent.

• Love 4
(edited)

Bobby barged into the bathroom and starts drunkenly berating Hannah and all he says is "I'm sorry I called you an alcoholic." Fuck that noise. And he has the nerve to be incensed that Hannah "sabotaged" a relationship with a woman who has no problem lying to both of them and fucking Ben. She's a real prize. Maybe the problem isn't Hannah. Maybe it's that Bobby chooses women who don't want him: the girlfriend who dumped him because he was poor, Jules who had a long term boyfriend, the girl from last season who really only wanted to party on a yacht, and Lauren who was more interested in being a fame whore (seriously, she went to a party with Bobby and fucked Ben, who was in all likelihood in his Bemily phase).

Lauren is hella annoying too. "Wah, they're talking shit about me." Excuse me. Bobby barged into the bathroom while Hannah was in there, exposed her to the camera crew, and then called her an alcoholic. Shit talking and the silent treatment pales in comparison.

I feel for Bugsy.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 10

Yep.  Bobby is a complete asshole.  That's why you 'don't' have a girlfriend Bobby.  You're also a crappy deckhand.  You can't even figure out fathom lengths.  And the other guy.  Basic stuff.  Pull the line in first and then uncleat it on the other end.  Basic stuff.

I liked how Hannah and Sandy comforted Bugs.  No pressure.  Do what you have to do.

I was surprised that Lauren hooked up with Ben.  I thought he was with Emily.  I wonder if she knew that.  Time to dump Ben.

I mostly like the crew...except for Bobby.

The guests on this charter...eww.  Just eww.  Yeah, let's just objectify women.  And the dietary needs.  Yeah.  Ok. 

• Love 9
(edited)
1 hour ago, Michichick said:

To which blonde are you referring? Buggy was crying because her grandmother died. I think Hannah cried about after Bobby was a colossal ass and called her an alcoholic. If Malia cried, I don't remember it. 

Oops. Somehow I missed the part of her grandmother dying.  Nevermind!  I tend to sort of halfway pay attention to the scenes while doing other things!  I thought she was upset about her dealings with Chef again!

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

was surprised that Lauren hooked up with Ben.  I thought he was with Emily.  I wonder if she knew that.  Time to dump Ben.

Did they say when it happened? The first season of Below Med was filmed before awhile before he met Emily. He went from Below Med to replace Leon so he could have hooked up with her before Emily was in the picture though I am always shocked that the Ben/Emily thing is real.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, biakbiak said:

Did they say when it happened? The first season of Below Med was filmed before awhile before he met Emily. He went from Below Med to replace Leon so he could have hooked up with her before Emily was in the picture though I am always shocked that the Ben/Emily thing is real.

Apparently, and I could be wrong, that Ben met Lauren after the Below Med Met reunion because I thought Ben met Lauren through Bobby and I don't think Bobby knew Ben before that.  Again, I could be wrong on this.

I really liked Emily a lot.  And IIRC when Hannah and Bobby were on WWHL a week or so ago, they said that Ben and Emily were still together.  So it's all confusing.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

that Ben met Lauren after the Below Med Met reunion because I thought Ben met Lauren through Bobby and I don't think Bobby knew Ben before that.  Again, I could be wrong on this.

Which still could have been before he met Emily because of the different filming times between the two shows. He did a season and a half of Below Deck regular before they filmed the second season of Below Med.

Though Ben and Bobby could have known each other before because Bobby got the show because he is friends with Kate.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, biakbiak said:

Which still could have been before he met Emily because of the different filming times.

Not quite sure of that.  I hope that this is the case.  Bobby met Lauren in NY during the reunion.  He introduced Lauren to Ben.  Ben and Emily got together during filming.   So I have my doubts.  Again, I would love to be wrong but the timing doesn't seem right.

3 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

Not quite sure of that.  I hope that this is the case.  Bobby met Lauren in NY during the reunion.  He introduced Lauren to Ben.  Ben and Emily got together during filming.   So I have my doubts.  Again, I would love to be wrong but the timing doesn't seem right.

What reunion? Below Deck Med didn't have a reunion neither did the last season of regular Below Deck.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

What reunion? Below Deck Med didn't have a reunion neither did the last season of regular Below Deck.

They were all in NY for some reason.  Bobby was there and so was Hannah.  Maybe it wasn't a reunion but it seemed to me Bravo related.  Didn't they show a photo of a step and repeat?  Or maybe I'm crazy.  Which could be the case.  I'm not that proud.

23 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

Yep.  Bobby is a complete asshole.  That's why you 'don't' have a girlfriend Bobby.  You're also a crappy deckhand.  You can't even figure out fathom lengths.  And the other guy.  Basic stuff.  Pull the line in first and then uncleat it on the other end.  Basic stuff.

I liked how Hannah and Sandy comforted Bugs.  No pressure.  Do what you have to do.

I was surprised that Lauren hooked up with Ben.  I thought he was with Emily.  I wonder if she knew that.  Time to dump Ben.

I mostly like the crew...except for Bobby.

The guests on this charter...eww.  Just eww.  Yeah, let's just objectify women.  And the dietary needs.  Yeah.  Ok. 

I think that Adam handled it all pretty well - it was interesting to see him actually out in the food markets picking out produce, etc.  I would have loved to see how Chef Leon would have handled all the different dietary needs of these guests.  I seriously think all of this is producer manipulation to see if the chef will freak out.  I'm sure that Ben would have been complaining, too.  (Even though I really like Ben, he does complain about his job a lot.)

And, yeah, Bobby needs some serious therapy.  The guy is so narcissistic it's unbelievable.  Nothing is ever his fault - the girl from home's Mom didn't like him because he didn't make enough money - Hannah undermined his relationship hook-up with Lauren - oh, wait - no, it was actually Ben who did that.  Hannah is screwing around with his attempt to hook with Malia.  WTF, dude?  Maybe the reason no girl likes you is because you're an angry, narcissistic asshole?  

So sorry for Bugs - it was nice to see the crew and Captain consoling her, and offering whatever she needs.

This deck crew has a lot to learn.  

And, those guests were kind of stupid - definitely on the show to promote their website.  

• Love 7

How does Bobby think he is helping his case with Malia by storming around, angrily demanding answers from people who don't even know what he is talking about?

Also is he even physically capable of shutting his mouth?

• Love 14

Bobby continues to be an ass. 

I kind of feel a bit for Wes, because he seems like the only really knowledgable one on the deck crew. I can see why he has advanced so much while being fairly young. They could not found anyone with more experience on deck crew? Isn't Bobby the next in line and I think this is his only second season on charters? I could be wrong on that though. I like Wes so far, but that opinion may change because it so often does during both versions of Below Deck.

I think Bobby is horrible, but I think Lauren is also, annoying. She isn't to Bobby levels yet. I thought her telling Hannah that Bobby was talking shit about her was a bit much. In the conversation that that she overheard seemed pretty tame with regards to what was said about her in my opinion. I also, felt that she was kind of flip flopping whatever Hannah did or did not say to her when she met her in NYC. Lauren saying "I miss you" to Ben over and over until he finally said it was laughable. Ben sounded like he was trying to avoid saying it and just did so to shut her up.

I think Malia is fine, but it feels like all the guys want her. 

I like that even though Adam is not thrilled with some of these guests food requests he still does them with out getting too irritated or complaining too much. That does not mean he never gets irritated with the guests or the crew, but so far he is handling it more in stride.

I felt sorry for Bugs, but she handled it well. I like Hannah and Sandy consoling her.

The charter guests were so smarmy. Did one of the women actually refer to the guy as Mr. Skin? Does he not have a name that they could use instead? I would not be able to keep a straight face if I had to refer to someone as Mr. Skin.

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

They were all in NY for some reason.  Bobby was there and so was Hannah.  Maybe it wasn't a reunion but it seemed to me Bravo related.  Didn't they show a photo of a step and repeat?  Or maybe I'm crazy.  Which could be the case.  I'm not that proud.

I also remember no reunion, but maybe it was a WWHL episode?  Or the Bravo upfronts, where they sometimes invite certain cast members to hobnob with the press and sponsors?

Bobby's such an asshole.  But it seems Lauren is the one who created, or at least contributed, to this ridiculousness by talking out of two sides of her mouth.   Lauren probably told Bobby that Hannah bad mouthed him, when Hannah probably only said what she admitted to (how uncool it was to invite three girls to NY), and now Lauren's playing the victim instead of owning up to her two-sidedness.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, pinkelephant3 said:

Also this captain is too obsessed with tying off to the rocks... 

I know, I don't understand it??  I believe The Captain said that by anchoring the back end of the yacht to the rocks the guests would continue to have that view.  I don't even know if it was anchored at all to the ocean floor.  How many anchors would they have?

I want to like Captain Sandy because she's a female but I'm finding myself sometimes embarrassed for her.

If having fake boobs means they are going to have a big unnatural space between them I would say, no thanks.  That nude reporter (if you can call her that) in the hot tub's boob job was terrible.  Her 2 boobs never met, so sad.

• Love 3
(edited)
11 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

I have a stupid question.  Why are the anchors not holding the boat in place and dragging on the ocean floor?  Are they too small for the size of the boat?  

My nautical knowledge is limited, but as I understood it based on next week's preview, the wind was blowing them closer to the rocks. If the wind is that high, the current is probably strong as well which drags the anchor and creates slack. They may have been approaching a lower tide too, thus achieving the trifecta of difficult conditions. I'm pretty sure that's why the anchor chain gets all tangled up. Whatever the case, I wonder who's gonna take the fall for this one. Also, why do they need to tie up on a rock? Can't they just drop anchor and chill out? If the weather picks up, they can just raise the anchor and peace out.

12 hours ago, sasha206 said:

The funniest thing was Lauren trying to get Ben to say he misses her too.  She said "I miss you" about 3 times before he said it back.

That was too funny, but bordering on cringeworthy. And it's no consolation prize for having to deal with the Bobby-Hannah-Lauren shtick. Shut the fuck up already!!

First of all, when did this become Below Deck: Bobby? Somehow the guy has inserted himself into every fucking scene. Which would be fine if he was charming or funny or interesting. Except he's the total opposite and I keep forgetting who anyone else is because so much time is dedicated to Bobby throwing the longest, loudest, most annoying tantrum ever. And it didn't even happen on this fucking show. He's dredging up some off camera bullshit that happened a year ago. It's insufferable. He's making Mr. Skin look like a gentleman by comparison.

Speaking of gentlemen, Wes is both qualified and adorable. I'm officially in love with him so I guess now I just sit back and wait for him to disappoint (Knock on wood, but that's how this shit always goes down). 

Edited by rho
  • Love 12
17 minutes ago, Emmeline said:

I know, I don't understand it??  I believe The Captain said that by anchoring the back end of the yacht to the rocks the guests would continue to have that view.  I don't even know if it was anchored at all to the ocean floor.  How many anchors would they have?

I think anchoring to the rocks creates a sort of faux grotto that the guests get nearly exclusive use of because the anchors to the rocks preclude another yacht from coming into their space. It also seems like the anchors are a little undersized.

• Love 2

Ben and Emily were on a hiatus when Ben hooked up with Lauren in NYC.  I believe they were all there for the Bravo upfronts.  Lauren did well, Bobby helped her get a job on the show.  Ben and Lauren are still friends. 

• Love 1

Bobby's anger and sense of entitlement frighten me.  Hannah, Lauren & Malia would all be wise to stay clear of him.  I definitely hear a "she made me do it" in his future.

Very much digging the chef.  I wish he'd get a charter of non-picky eaters so we could see what he can do without restrictions.

Captain, while quite forgiving of mistakes, seems a bit showy.  I get trying to give the guests a nice experience but shouldn't she have checked the weather/tide forecast before attempting to tie off on the rocks?

• Love 11
(edited)

I know this place ! Yeah !!!!! I went there as a kid :) So the thing is that there's a lot of underwater rocks (of course, rocks don't float ^_^ ) -and, holes in the rocks- and, sometimes, with a very few wind, you can have huge underwater waves, if that makes sense...

... And I'm so looking for some more scenery of Hvar !

PS : I'm always surprised with the difference of "interest", if I can call it that way, regarding the human body and the nudity here, in Europe, vs the NA... When I was a kid, Hvar -and the other islands,- were famous for their "FKK" ("Frei Körper Kultur" in German), which means that being naked under the sun on beaches or creeks was 100% normal, lol ! And, for my part, when I can, I'm topless ! (#freeTheNipples)

Edited by Diane Mars
  • Love 7

I caught a few bits of the previous below med season yesterday. I think Danny was correct when he said Bobby is a bully. I didn't see it before but now it is clear that that is what he is.

Bobby was having sissy fits with Danny all season,  and when Julia wouldn't have a relationship with him he started attacking her and her boyfriend.

This season he is scrapping with Hanna over bullscat about what nobody knows, and calling Lauren out to bring her into the fight and then giving her the cold shoulder treatment.

It is all because Bobby is a BULLY. There is no nice BOBBY. HE IS WHAT HE IS.

Now, I really hope that he is just acting for the camera.

• Love 5

Bobby is ruining the season for me. And it started when I watched him on WWHL. It makes me so uncomfortable to watch him be ,yes, aggressive to so many work mates. He's 30 ?? He should be more and more ashamed of himself as this season continues to air. Do they redeem him ? Hmm, I don't care.

Interesting tidbit, I read Kate Chastains book , Lucky Charming, just for a laugh and her first season of yachting she basically did laundry 24/7. That is what Lauren is doing this year.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I chalk it up to roid rage. 

I was thinking this, too. I knew a couple of guys in college who were roided up and they acted a lot like this asshole.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, pinkelephant3 said:

Does anyone else think it's weird that Mr. Skin demanded those girls get naked despite not being in news segment? Yuck

This is why I can't understand how Mr. Skin has a Mrs. WTF does she see in him? Or do you think she's with him for the sex and the money?

• Love 6
10 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

I have a stupid question.  Why are the anchors not holding the boat in place and dragging on the ocean floor?  Are they too small for the size of the boat?  

The heavier the ship or boat, the heavier and larger the anchors are supposed to be. It seems like they've got a pair of anchors that are too small for this boat. Also, I don't understand why there isn't an aft anchor. They'd get a better result, even with under-sized anchors, if they had an aft anchor and a fore anchor, rather than two fore anchors. Of course, it could also be that the anchors are properly weighted/sized and these idiots are letting out too many shackles. You want the chain taut when the anchor hits the bottom. If it's slack, then you're going to be pushed around by the tides and the winds a lot.

• Love 1

I only pay half-attention to this show, but I thought the one guy (was he Mr. Skin?) had a Hugh Hefner look to him.

Why were they filming the nude women?  Were any nude men filmed?

• Love 2
12 hours ago, biakbiak said:

12 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Apparently, and I could be wrong, that Ben met Lauren after the Below Med Met reunion because I thought Ben met Lauren through Bobby and I don't think Bobby knew Ben before that.  Again, I could be wrong on this.

I really liked Emily a lot.  And IIRC when Hannah and Bobby were on WWHL a week or so ago, they said that Ben and Emily were still together.  So it's all confusing.

12 hours ago, biakbiak said:

12 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Bobby and Hannah were in New York in June 2016 to do WWHL and other press for the show. The party where Lauren left with Ben was presumably after that. Additionally, it was in Florida.

• Love 1

I came in late to see Bobby boo hooing to his mommy cause he can't find a girlfriend.  How dreadful (TM Dwight).  And as for tits on a stick what was so attractive about these guests?  Talk about road worn.

• Love 7
(edited)

Bobby. Dude, what are you doing? 

Throwing long Loud extended Bitch Fits and crying to  mommy about girls . On National Television!.. is SO NOT GOING TO GET YOU LAID! Very hard to have any warm fuzzy or sympathetic feels toward a grown man that acts alternately scary and petty and paranoid and then, crybaby?

What . are. You. Doing.

Does Bravo pay extra for the people who make everyone hate them?

,Bobby, we have all had our Hearts broken, doesn't mean we get to act out 24/7. 

Oh and OF COURSE it was someone else's fault you and your last victim where did you bury her did not work out, could not possibly be your doing. 

Edited by Nancypants
Bad salad
  • Love 11

The present cast of Below Deck Med is ruining the show. There is such bitterness and meanness between cast mates. And then, they show up in pics together. Makes me feel very manipulated .

Twitter war gong on between Lauren and Bobby. 

One thing that struck me-- the guests were sitting down to lunch and Hannah asks "Would you like wine with lunch?" Answer "Yes, white wine." End of discussion. Really? At this price point you get a glass of whatever? Not even a varietal name for goodness sake? I would expect some sort of wine list to be available, wouldn't you?

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, dleighg said:

One thing that struck me-- the guests were sitting down to lunch and Hannah asks "Would you like wine with lunch?" Answer "Yes, white wine." End of discussion. Really? At this price point you get a glass of whatever? Not even a varietal name for goodness sake? I would expect some sort of wine list to be available, wouldn't you?

Perhaps they use the clients preference sheets and stock those wines for the charter ????

• Love 4

Is that when the comment, "There's a reason you're a lawyer" came about with the one lady contemplating getting naked? 

I blacked out with anger in that moment.  I'm not even sure if that happened anymore.  I know something was said that made me go WTH.

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, Nancypants said:

Also wtf with that conversation. From mister skin about I would have fired her years ago but she has a nice ass? Fuck you Mr Skin.  YOURE  Fired.

Well the person he was talking about's job was being a nude model so I imagine having a nice ass is part of the job description.

I do wonder what his lawyer wife of 20 years thinks of his job but I guess it makes a lot of money so maybe she is okay with it.

7 minutes ago, dosodog said:

that when the comment, "There's a reason you're a lawyer" came about with the one lady contemplating getting naked? 

He said that to his wife who is the lawyer,she wasn't contemplating getting naked she was comparing her body negatively to theirs and he said she's a lawyer not a model. I took it as him saying that her body was fine but theirs needed to be better because that is their jobs which I imagine is what constitutes sweet talk in their relationship.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, mytmo said:

I came in late to see Bobby boo hooing to his mommy cause he can't find a girlfriend.  How dreadful (TM Dwight).  And as for tits on a stick what was so attractive about these guests?  Talk about road worn.

I thought the same thing about these women.  Fake, bad boob job on one, the other looked like beef jerky.   And the "naked news" segment wasn't even remotely funny.  In looking up Mr. Skin interview, it appears in order to be able to use footage from films without copyright infringement, they have to have editorial and news content.  So I guess that's why they are doing this "naked news" bit that's really stupid.  

With all the naked content out on the web now, I'm not sure why anyone really wants to go to his site to find out which films Nicole Kidman was naked in.  I guess the only value I see with this are closet pervs who want to be able to see nakedness but not necessarily watch porn.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

Fake, bad boob job on one

That was my thought too- no real boobs look like that. And I also agree, the script seemed like it was written by an untalented 9 year-old.

• Love 1