Type keyword(s) to search

Season Seven: The Reset Anticipation/Apprehension/Dread Topic

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Jul 68 said:

At the very least, I hope they tweak the name of the show slightly. Perhaps add a colon and 'Book Two' or 'The Next Chapter'. Heaven knows there were more than enough empty Author books in the Magician's House.

But they reached the end of The Book -- that's how thewy knew it was the FINAL battle!

The casting news makes no sense to me.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, jhlipton said:

But they reached the end of The Book -- that's how thewy knew it was the FINAL battle!

The casting news makes no sense to me.

Apparently this books was just Emma's book.  With her off the show, it's a new book!

(edited)

Is it too much to hope that this show won't do Dark Curse number 2309 and have this be the reason Henry ages and JMo isn't around? They could have Henry and Emma escape the curse and live in NYC, and that's why Rumple, Regina, and Hook don't age while Henry does. If they want to show Emma they could (don't kill me) recast with an older actress. They could leave us guessing whether Charming and Snow (and maybe Belle too) went with Emma and Henry or were cursed and something happened to them and that's why the actors aren't around. Why am I putting this out into the universe? The only reason I suspect they won't do this is because the finale is centered around Emma and Henry being separated from everyone else and to separate them again immediately after would be too much even for this show. [small voice] CO'D would play the hell out of pining for Emma and being distressed at the 15 year separation though, especially if she was pregnant or something when she left and he doesn't know what happened to the child.  

I would really prefer if it was some sort of adventure mini-arcs with the idea that the unseen characters are offscreen being happy and the main characters are eager to get back home to them. Give us a Mulan mini-arc with Regina and an Ariel mini-arc with Hook etc. Explore the neglected side characters a little if we can't have our (almost as neglected) Charmings. 

Edited by InsertWordHere
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, InsertWordHere said:

Is it too much to hope that this show won't do Dark Curse number 2309 and have this be the reason Henry ages and JMo isn't around? They could have Henry and Emma escape the curse and live in NYC, and that's why Rumple, Regina, and Hook don't age while Henry does. If they want to show Emma they could (don't kill me) recast with an older actress. They could leave us guessing whether Charming and Snow (and maybe Belle too) went with Emma and Henry or were cursed and something happened to them and that's why the actors aren't around. Why am I putting this out into the universe? The only reason I suspect they won't do this is because the finale is centered around Emma and Henry being separated from everyone else and to separate them again immediately after would be too much even for this show. [small voice] CO'D would play the hell out of pining for Emma and being distressed at the 15 year separation though, especially if she was pregnant or something when she left and he doesn't know what happened to the child.  

This is the best theory I've heard yet.  Although the new adult character is supposed to have lost hope so it would seem like Emma wouldn't be with Henry in NYC.

I just can't see the point of keeping Hook when  the point of the show is supposedly "hope" and two episodes after his wedding his wife is gone.  The idea that the Wish realm would be an option is disturbing to me because why again would we want to watch Wish!Hook with no hope of reuniting with Emma?

Four years of waiting for CS to get married and it's all ruined 2 episodes later?  No thanks. I

(edited)

I'll bring this theory back, but maybe the whole season takes place over a few weeks and they are headed out on an adventure or something to rescue someone or whatever. They spent one half of a season in Neverland and that was only a what a week tops? Ditto with Camelot. They can tell plenty of stories that don't involve Emma always having to be there, but still having them married and happy. (I'm just hoping this is the case, I'm trying to be positive). I just can't imagine Jen being happy with where Emma is and then having them mess it all up. I imagine she has to know by now what they have planned for her. 

Edited by SiobhanJW
  • Love 1
(edited)

Last 3 minutes of this weekend's finale:

----------

NEW YORK

A man is in a business suit.  He comes into an apartment.  He lights a cupcake.  "Another banner year".  

Doorbell rings.

"Hi, I'm your daughter."

"What, kiddo?"  

MEANWHILE IN THE ENCHANTED FOREST.

HOOK is staring pensively at... Pandora's Box, where Emma, Snow and Charming has been for many years.

REGINA comes in.

REGINA: You know what today is?

HOOK: Yes.  It's his birthday.

REGINA: I wonder how he is.

HOOK: We wouldn't even know without this contraption.  

HE POINTS AT WATCH.

HOOK: I am bloody tired of staying in this Cora Bubble.  Are you ready?

REGINA: Yes. Let's go break that Curse!

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 2

So Katrina was vague tweeting about canadagraphs not going to Steveston anymore and I replied that it makes sense that a new story would have a new location and she replied back  "and I think it definitely will be"

so new cursed town or new realm? 

1 minute ago, scenicbyway said:

This is the best theory I've heard yet.  Although the new adult character is supposed to have lost hope so it would seem like Emma wouldn't be with Henry in NYC.

Thanks. It seems like it would be too repetitive even for A&E to have another Dark Curse immediately after the Black Fairy's curse but who knows? Or maybe they never get out of the Black Fairy curse :( I think with these writers that Henry would especially lose hope if he was separated from Regina and remembered it. Even as someone who is fairly neutral on Henry and Regina's relationship, I think it sucks for him.

Originally, Snow was supposed to go in the wardrobe while pregnant with Emma and go find cursed Charming. I always thought it would be interesting if this happened and Charming and Snow were reunited with her aging 28 years while he did not. I could see them doing this with Emma leaving while pregnant, and the fate of the child being a mystery. I still have no idea how the little girl fits in or how they would depict Henry's missing years if they can't rely on JMo being there for their flashback crutch. 

What about something similar to how Fringe structured their last season? The premiere opens with a happy Emma and Hook, then something goes wrong, and Hook and Regina spend the season trying to fix it (maybe through time travel or involving some sort of alternate reality). Then the very last scene goes back to the moment where things went wrong, but this time it goes right, and Emma and Hook pick up where they left off with their happily ever after. That would take care of JMo's absence in the finale. She'll have already filmed the scene for the premiere. 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Katherine said:

The premiere opens with a happy Emma and Hook, then something goes wrong, and Hook and Regina spend the season trying to fix it (maybe through time travel or involving some sort of alternate reality).

Okay, that sounds kind of fun. Rumple is of course the thing that went wrong. Henry is the one from the future making them course correct? 

Also, if we're copying Fringe, we should have Elsa make a random appearance. 

• Love 7
44 minutes ago, daxx said:

So Katrina was vague tweeting about canadagraphs not going to Steveston anymore and I replied that it makes sense that a new story would have a new location and she replied back  "and I think it definitely will be"

so new cursed town or new realm?

A few weeks ago a crew member tweeted that they had cleaned out the storage room and gotten rid of all the Storybrook props. So yeah, Storybrooke is, apparently, not part of season 7.

My guess is that Hook, Rumple and Regina get a hard reboot. I like the theory that the versions of those characters currently in the Wish Realm find a way to escape it and end up in some other realm that we haven't seen before. Somehow the man and little girl end up there, too. The characters in Storybrook are still there living their happy lives and are unaffected by the antics of the wish realm people, or something in that vein.

• Love 3

I suspect that they'll be mostly filming in studio to cut costs. Which of course means that we won't have the set spoilers to either help alleviate fears of fuckery or confirm them. I'm not impressed with the notion of a time jump because that leaves way too much time for them to mess up everyone's happily ever after, but I would be on board with a month long help the new guy and little girl story where the others are around somewhere living their lives, but not a part of the adventure. Not that I'm planning to watch. Whatever is set up in the finale will have to be damn interesting to entice me into continuing with this show, especially after Season 6.

1 hour ago, Katherine said:

What about something similar to how Fringe structured their last season? The premiere opens with a happy Emma and Hook, then something goes wrong, and Hook and Regina spend the season trying to fix it (maybe through time travel or involving some sort of alternate reality). Then the very last scene goes back to the moment where things went wrong, but this time it goes right, and Emma and Hook pick up where they left off with their happily ever after. That would take care of JMo's absence in the finale. She'll have already filmed the scene for the premiere. 

Best. Theory. Ever!  Now I'm going to be sad with whatever other crap they give us.

• Love 5

I don't know how I feel about this. I'm mostly sad but I love Hook and I wasn't ready to say him goodbye, so I'm glad we are keeping him (and Colin, who seems happy to stay). But, because I love him, I don't want Hook to loose the happy ending he has fought so hard to get. So, yeah, I don't know. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Amerilla said:

Could be his kids. They're still school age, and maybe he felt it was better to be bored and well paid in Vancouver than pulling them away from their schools and friends to move back to Scotland for good.  

Yup. That's why I was always skeptical when people claimed Carlye wanted off. He said he was happy to have a steady job in earlier interviews. and throw in his kids wanting to stay...

3 hours ago, scarynikki12 said:

Wasn't Regina hot for Rumpel earlier this season?  Pairing them up would be one way to not give Regina everything Emma has and is consistent with what's been shown already.

Better than Hooked Queen for sure!

I will watch at least the first few episodes.  I want to see how they treat Hook.  He is the only reason I will watch Season 7.  I wonder if A&E's desire for to keep OUAT will finally force them to stop with REC and shallow writing.  They have good ideas but no discipline.  Please ABC, hire some good people to herd A&E

(edited)

Since Bex only congratulated A&E, RC, LP, and CO'D, can we take this as confirmation that everyone else (mainly EDR) is officially out? Barring guest appearances, of course. 

Edited by InsertWordHere
  • Love 4

Hmm, I was so sure they were going to cancel, I don't know how I feel about all this. Emma is the best character on the show, but IMO, Hook was the second-best character on the show until they hooked up, and then they made him this boring sad sack, so if they make him fun again.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

The assortment of characters doesn't portend a great narrative, though -- seems it was chosen entirely on fan favorites (plus Henry, but maybe he'll suck less as a hot adult) and without plot in mind. I do enjoy Regina, Hook, and Rumple sniping at each other, but not for a whole season. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Rumsy4 said:

Wishverse. Wishverse...

The more I think about it the more I think this is the possibility. Don't they describe Andrew Wests character as lonely because he has no family? He could be wishverse Henry who lost everyone. They are just going to start a whole new book based on the wishverse land- they won't mess up any of the story from them wrapping it up at the end of the 6th season. Maybe Emma is back because her scenes are of her reading this book to her kids? And then it leads into this whole new world? 

• Love 4

If Jmo was staying on I'd be delighted but now I really don't know how I feel about this renewal.  Emma has always been my favourite character and I love CaptainSwan, and I really don't think they're going to breakup Emma and Hook in S7 but I just don't see how they will explain Emma's absence in a satisfactory way.  

As for Regina and Rumple I love EF Rumple but I hate Mr Gold and I can tolerate Regina in small doses so I just don't think I'm going to like the new season. I hope A&E give some interviews after the finale to indicate what S7 will look like 

• Love 2

I admit, I'm at least curious what they've managed to cook up in terms of a new story scenario that sold ABC on a full season 7, so I do see myself tuning in at least for the first couple of episodes to satisfy that curiousity.

I'm not going to pretend I'd be mourning Rumbelle/Belle or Zelena after the mess the writers have made with them and while it does suck that EdR and Rebecca weren't even asked back it always seemed kinda obvious they'd have to cut costs in order to squeeze out at least one more season. While I didn't mind them I was also never overly invested in Emma/Hook as a romantic pair and as long as they leave Emma alone and don't mess with the character off-screen after Jmo's final episode I don't have any issues with Colin returning full-time since his character barely got any development outside of the love interest role after season 3.

• Love 1

I much as I love other theories, and would watch the hell out of them, the Wishverse still seems the only real option. Especially with Zelena gone now too. The 3 staying are the 3 that were left in that other realm. Part of me hopes they get Robin back so poor Colin has a friend on set. Also, because the thought of Hook, even an AU one, with EQ makes me sick. Henry can be the man and idgaf about the girl. They'd just need to "magic" them young again.

• Love 3

If they are indeed going for the Wish Realm scenario it would definitely make sense to bring back the version of Robin Hood that exists there as well, but I suppose it might be a budget question and if I were Sean... I'd think about joining that show again very, very hard before commiting to anything. He's friends with the remaining cast, but with the way they've treated him and his character before...

28 minutes ago, Rumsy4 said:

They'll probably kill off Robin in the Wishverse if the reboot is set there.

Then they could explore Regian/OQ having to deal with the loss of a loved on and her happiness and have to fight with her pain to remain good.  It would allow them to explore some new facets of the character...

I actually for the most part like Regina/Lana, but I hope they move on from her or lighten up on her angst next year.  The character is more watchable when not in victim mode.

5 hours ago, kitticup said:

I wonder if A&E's desire for to keep OUAT will finally force them to stop with REC and shallow writing. 

I think you already know the answer to this.

• Love 6

I honestly haven't decided if I'll watch Sunday's finale, let alone another full season. I'm curious about the plan for season 7 but I have a hard time conceiving of how they can structure the show with any integrity given the remaining cast. 

Talk about squandering the good will of your fanbase.

• Love 1

Snow in Charming were kind of fun in the musical in full animated fairy tale mode.  If they did the wish-realm, it would have kind of been interesting to see them play those characters full time.  Of course they are dead in that world and the actors aren't coming back, so that would be a bit of a problem.

• Love 1

I think for the show to create a convincing cliffhanger, it can't be the Wish Realm versions of Hook and Rumple.  Why would characters care about them?  I suppose The Reformed Evil Queen is a possibility.

Season 7 will end up being it's late.

I just cannot see a reboot actually working and while I'm not a Captain Swan shipper, keeping Hook on and losing Emma will not work for the show at all.

Rumple and Regina have been going in circles as well, I can't see this season working that out.

Older Henry might work in the same sort of role Emma had in the series premiere but again, it feels like they should've ended the show and commissioned a spin-off or something.

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, Camera One said:

I think for the show to create a convincing cliffhanger, it can't be the Wish Realm versions of Hook and Rumple.  Why would characters care about them?  I suppose The Reformed Evil Queen is a possibility.

We may not know until season 7 that adult Henry is from the Wish Realm. 

"Once" Lite???

I wont miss the Charmings..I know its not popular on this board but they were always meant to be supporting characters, the characters we all know and the hook to get us to see what the show was about, to set the plot in motion, etc. Emma, Regina and Rump were always the "stars" of the show, and while I like Emma, I am not the biggest JM fan. The problem is, Emma, despite being the Savior, and really meant to be some silly fairy airy princess was the "normal" person which all of this craziness orbited around...she is the Mary Richards, the Jerry Seinfeld kind of character that we can partially relate to...(which is one of the reason I thought they should have never given her magic...I thought it would be better if she was magicless but immune to magic, and she would inspire her silly, idiotic parents to fight magic with brains and strength..) A show with these over the top characters running around CGI sets (bad ones at that) and a beach or a forest, or Hooks boat is going to wear real thin. Now this new character maybe will be that type of normal person, but if he is grown up Henry that wont happen, and I gotta said, the actor playing him is not the most likeable relatable actor out there. Maybe I am just seeing him as his WD character but he just comes off as a hipster doufus to me.

Maybe they will do it like American Gods...the breaking of the BF's curse frees everyone but destroys SB..some people return to the EF but others are scattered throughout out the country and the world with some of the things from Gold's show and Regina's vault scattered also. To finalize their redemption the villains need to go on a quest to recover these people and items to finally rid the LWOM of the last of the curse (the prize is they get to go back to the EF and reunite with Snow, Charming, Belle and Emma which would be the last episode) and restore order to the realms.  The thing is (and A & E will never do it as they use magic as a crutch more then Rump does) Rump and Regina are magic less and they have to go back to their S1 selves and use their brains, cunning and manipulation to win.

11 hours ago, scenicbyway said:

I get that ABC has a lot invested in the show, but, what a HUGE mistake to renew the show.

I don't begrudge the actors who decided to stay, but cutting 67% of the regulars is a HUGE slap in the face to those in the audience who invested years in Snowing, Rumbelle, CS, even Swan Queen. Who, in any of those fandoms, are going to walk away satisfied?

• Love 7
(edited)

Ugh, I feel like this is Charmed all over again. They should've ended their series in Season 7 and even did a finale, but were brought back for Season 8 with a cut budget, a regular cast member was missing for part of the season and were told to add new characters. 

Edited by Writing Wrongs
  • Love 2

Really not looking forward to Season 7. I'll admit I'm one of the rare Captain Swan fans who always liked Hook more than Emma (in fact I didn't especially like her until the two of them got together in Season 3). However, there are only three options I can see for Hook's character: Wish Realm Hook, pre-curse Villain Hook, or heartbroken/separated-from-Emma Hook. None of these appeal to me in the least, so I'll probably opt out for next season. 

I do find it interesting that Season 7 is basically being funded by Netflix, so the ratings don't really matter and A&E clearly don't care if the fans are happy or not...

• Love 2

It's strange that they didn't ask Rebecca to come back. From her letter, she seems willing, and with JMo not being back, they have the budget for one more regular.

(edited)
4 hours ago, Rumsy4 said:

Cue fan angst! That would ruin the happy ending of another couple.  I actually kind of liked the wrap up of Robin in the Wishverse, so I'd hate to see that happen.

I honestly hope this time that we can avoid the ships since I think the canon pairings have all been worked out. For everyone except New Guy, that is......

Edited by OnceUponAJen
(edited)

While the Wish Realm is the best possibility, I actually think it will be the real world versions of Regina and Hook who get drawn into the new story, since they also wanted Emma there too and we know she has no Wish Realm counterpart.  Rumple, meanwhile, will die in the S6 finale and the Rumple we're left with is the one native to the Wish Realm, who has no wife and son to mope around about and is free to just be gleefully evil.

They just might, as part of the reason why the Evil Queen would give up their daughter (who I assume Alison Ferdinanz is playing).

Seriously, adult Sir Henry with the daughter of the woman he's sought vengeance against?  Dramaaaaa!

Edited by Inquirer
42 minutes ago, Writing Wrongs said:

Ugh, I feel like this is Charmed all over again. They should've ended their series in Season 7 and even did a finale, but were brought back for Season 8 with a cut budget, a regular cast member was missing for part of the season and were told to add new characters. 

Who would have thought that "Billie" would be the one to end up as a star on one of the biggest sitcoms of the last ten years.

• Love 2

I'm just really nervous this is going to go full-on The Regina Show. I don't want to turn into one of those fans who only watches certain scenes on Youtube after investing so much time into watching every episode for the past six years, but that might have to happen.

• Love 3

A possibility occurred to me: It doesn't necessarily have to be the Wish Realm we already know. If that alternate realm exists, who knows how many other worlds are out there with more or less the same people, but who are different versions because they've had different experiences? So, say, something happens and adult Henry is separated from his family and wants to find them, but the magic goes awry and he ends up in an entirely different realm, with different versions of Hook, Rumple, and Regina. It would probably be more interesting if they were very different versions -- I guess Rumple has to be a Dark One to be alive in Regina's era, but maybe Lt. Jones learned about the Neverland water loophole and stayed in Neverland with his brother all this time, never becoming a pirate. Maybe Regina never became the Evil Queen but instead ran away with Daniel and managed to evade Cora -- but I don't picture that happening with these writers. Hook has to have a hook, wear black leather, and be a pirate. Regina has to dress like a drag queen. Anyway, Henry has various adventures trying to track down these people and get their help when they have no clue who he is or what he expects them to be.

Or even not Henry (the article mentioned a rumor of adult Henry, but there's no indication whether that means "that's the buzz coming from people who know" or "Internet speculation"), but maybe someone who came across the storybooks and ends up in the wrong version of the world.

41 minutes ago, Curio said:

I'm just really nervous this is going to go full-on The Regina Show.

I think this is probably what is going to happen, and I also think this is a big factor in Jennifer's decision come back only for one episode, and not for a bigger arc.

• Love 3
(edited)
31 minutes ago, Shanna Marie said:

A possibility occurred to me: It doesn't necessarily have to be the Wish Realm we already know. If that alternate realm exists, who knows how many other worlds are out there with more or less the same people, but who are different versions because they've had different experiences? So, say, something happens and adult Henry is separated from his family and wants to find them, but the magic goes awry and he ends up in an entirely different realm, with different versions of Hook, Rumple, and Regina. It would probably be more interesting if they were very different versions -- I guess Rumple has to be a Dark One to be alive in Regina's era, but maybe Lt. Jones learned about the Neverland water loophole and stayed in Neverland with his brother all this time, never becoming a pirate. Maybe Regina never became the Evil Queen but instead ran away with Daniel and managed to evade Cora -- but I don't picture that happening with these writers. Hook has to have a hook, wear black leather, and be a pirate. Regina has to dress like a drag queen. Anyway, Henry has various adventures trying to track down these people and get their help when they have no clue who he is or what he expects them to be.

Or even not Henry (the article mentioned a rumor of adult Henry, but there's no indication whether that means "that's the buzz coming from people who know" or "Internet speculation"), but maybe someone who came across the storybooks and ends up in the wrong version of the world.

So basically we have entered the Supegirl, Flash, Arrow & Legends of Tomorrow verse. There are a tons of different "earths" where the same people live, but different versions of themsleves. 

Edited by SiobhanJW
  • Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, Rumsy4 said:

We may not know until season 7 that adult Henry is from the Wish Realm. 

I think revealing that may be the cliffhanger.

5 hours ago, Rumsy4 said:

They will either kill him off or have him be a deadbeat dad who abandoned EQ and their daughter. I 100% expect that they will do Hooked Queen in this realm.

If they are doing the Wishverse, they could have fit Zelena in there. Canning Bex has to be purely a cost-cutting thing.

If it is the Wishverse, so it will be real enough that we're expected to invest in and follow that realm's characters, but not real enough that we're supposed to care that Regina murdered that version of Snowing? Gotcha.

I wouldn't have signed on for this nonsense either if I were Jen. Colin will be the only cast member left who she's close to, and she'd be losing Gosh who she started with and is close to. Plus she likely wouldn't be playing "real" Emma. No wonder she didn't want to continue.

Edited by Souris
  • Love 3