Type keyword(s) to search

Season Seven: The Reset Anticipation/Apprehension/Dread Topic

• Start Topic

I am guessing that it will take place in the wish realm or another alternate reality and if Lana and Colin stay then those would not be the Hook or Regina we know and that are getting the happy ending Sunday.

• Love 2
Spoiler

I'm not sure what I want to happen, but I know the Hollywood Reporter details talked about a time jump. I'm not sure if I'd rather that or the Wish Realm. No, I think I'd rather have a time jump because Wish Realm would mean bringing back Robin (which I'm NOT interested in).

Sorry, I put in spoilers because I'm never sure what's considered a spoiler and what's not here.

• Love 1
(edited)

Wow, I can't believe it got renewed. I...I don't know how to feel about this. If Jennifer Morrison was involved with next season, I would have been jumping up and down and praising the ABC Gods for being stupid enough to give this show one more year. But with Emma gone, it's not even going to be the same show. I love Hook/Colin so I'm glad I'll get to see him act again every week, but I'm nervous about how much more A&E can destroy the story and its characters. So now the only thing I'm really excited about is spending another year chatting in this forum. I have way too much fun analyzing/making fun of this show with y'all.

Edited by Curio
  • Love 19

I mean, it can feature a time jump and a wish realm, right? The time jump would explain Henry aging and then the wish realm story would tie into that. I don't know. I just don't get all the negativity when we don't even know what's going to happen next. I just can't imagine Jen and Colin, at the very least, deciding on whether to stay or not based on CS not getting their happy ending. Especially Jen. There has to be something else there.

• Love 3

It's not just Emma for me.  It's Snow.  It's Charming.  It's the rest of the town.  It's even Henry.  For me, the negativity is that they will all be gone and they were my favorite characters.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Camera One said:

What's the opposite of "anticipation" again?

"Season Seven: The Reset Apprehension Topic" might be more accurate.

• Love 9
(edited)

I'm in the same boat as most of you- I love me some Captian Hook. All I'm asking is that this doesn't mess up Emma & Hooks happy ending. I am VERY nervous about how they are going to handle this all. Ahhh. 

Edited by SiobhanJW
  • Love 4
(edited)
5 minutes ago, sharky said:

I mean, it can feature a time jump and a wish realm, right? The time jump would explain Henry aging and then the wish realm story would tie into that. I don't know. I just don't get all the negativity when we don't even know what's going to happen next. I just can't imagine Jen and Colin, at the very least, deciding on whether to stay or not based on CS not getting their happy ending. Especially Jen. There has to be something else there.

Yeah, I'm thinking Hook makes a time jump?  We already know Regina and Rumple never age.....  :)

I have to admit that I'm going to like seeing more of the characters,  even though some of my favorites are leaving.

Edited by OnceUponAJen
  • Love 2

I originally posted this in the Spoiler Discussion thread, but seeing as the discussion has moved and this isn't spoilery, I'm posting it here as well. I hope that they surprise us, but .... well... you know....

I just have a feeling that it's going to turn into AfterMASH or, worse yet, W*A*L*T*E*R.

I think they're going to kill off Emma and the Charmings and make Hook Regina's True Love.  We've talked about how Emma and Hook haven't had TLK but Regina hasn't with either Daniel or Robin and, since she's sticking around, I can absolutely see them giving Regina this one thing they haven't given Emma.  And having it be Hook will be further proof at how much they hate Emma.  I don't know how they're going to kill Emma and the Charmings but I bet it's awful and insulting.  I'm feeling very bitter about this renewal and I can't wait to see how bad the ratings are next season.

• Love 2
(edited)
1 minute ago, scarynikki12 said:

I think they're going to kill off Emma and the Charmings 

Surely, they wouldn't dare?  

I suppose Emma's appearance in the Season 7 premiere could be her ghost telling Hook to move on with her BFF.

Edited by Camera One

What I'm confused about is Robert Carlyle sticking around. Out of all the main actors, I pegged him as the one person who was probably ready to leave this show for good and move onto more challenging roles. I know he's a legend, but he seemed to check out a while ago and phones in a lot of the more boring scenes. But I guess a paycheck is a paycheck.

You underestimate A&E's ability to not give a crap about their own characters.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, scarynikki12 said:

I think they're going to kill off Emma and the Charmings and make Hook Regina's True Love.  We've talked about how Emma and Hook haven't had TLK but Regina hasn't with either Daniel or Robin and, since she's sticking around, I can absolutely see them giving Regina this one thing they haven't given Emma.  And having it be Hook will be further proof at how much they hate Emma.  I don't know how they're going to kill Emma and the Charmings but I bet it's awful and insulting.  I'm feeling very bitter about this renewal and I can't wait to see how bad the ratings are next season.

OMG! Why would you put that into the universe? The thought makes me shudder.

• Love 7
(edited)

I'm just wondering how they would spin the deaths of Emma and Charming as "hope" and providing a satisfying conclusion to their characters.   I'm sure there's a way, though.  This is A&E after all.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 1
Just now, Camera One said:

I suppose Emma's appearance in the Season 7 premiere could be her ghost telling Hook to move on with her BFF.

I am 100% sure they would. 

I don't think an Emma ghost would tell Hook to move onto Regina specifically, but I think she'd tell him to find happiness and then I can see them using footage of an Emma smile to show that her spirit approves after a TLK. 

I'll be at the bitter table for a long time.

• Love 3
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Jul 68 said:

OMG! Why would you put that into the universe? The thought makes me shudder.

Yeah,  I am not here for that.  Even the thought makes me want to wash my brain.

Edited by OnceUponAJen
  • Love 2

I'm just wondering how they would spin the deaths of Emma and Charming as "hope" and providing a satisfying conclusion to their characters.  

They kill themselves to save Regina.  Boom!  Hope.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Curio said:

I know he's a legend, but he seemed to check out a while ago and phones in a lot of the more boring scenes.

Yes - in his scene with Hook last week I was thinking he has said these lines with the same soft-menace whisper tone 100 times.  At least with Regina we have seen some evolution, Gold/Rumple's scenes play the exact same way they did in season 1.  There is nothing new brought to the character.

• Love 1

I'm trying to wrap my head around a series focused on Regina, Rumple, and Hook. These are specifically the three villains who hate each other. It's been six seasons and Hook still wants to skin himself a crocodile, Regina still can't stand Hook and makes fun of him all the time, Regina blames Rumple for turning her into a "monster," Rumple hates Hook and wouldn't care if he dropped dead, and Rumple is more than willing to manipulate Regina to his needs. How do these three become a team? They can't exactly just split all three of them up and give them their own storylines for the entire year.

• Love 9

If it's a time jump in the present, perhaps Emma dies giving birth to a CS baby?

I would've been fine with Hook/Regina back in season 2, but not now that he's been with Emma. Maybe the writers would think that's the best way to satisfy all parties (CS and SQ fans)? By turning them into a Hook sandwich.

• Love 1

If it is in the wish realm - they can have OQ be their full time heroine.  Of course it would be really difficult for Charming and Snow to have a guest appearance in that realm...

I can't see it being the wish realm if Hook is going to be an old, pudgy drunk guy. I'm hoping for flashbacks, although I don't know how that would tie into a flashforward story.

3 minutes ago, Curio said:

I'm trying to wrap my head around a series focused on Regina, Rumple, and Hook. These are specifically the three villains who hate each other. It's been six seasons and Hook still wants to skin himself a crocodile, Regina still can't stand Hook and makes fun of him all the time, Regina blames Rumple for turning her into a "monster," Rumple hates Hook and wouldn't care if he dropped dead, and Rumple is more than willing to manipulate Regina to his needs. How do these three become a team? They can't exactly just split all three of them up and give them their own storylines for the entire year.

Well, they could have them constantly battling each other and the new guy or the little girl could have the job of making them get along and let the past go. Maybe they finally figured out that a grasshopper doesn't make for a good psychologist.

Oh, better yet. The new guy could be a pharmacist who hands them Prozac while giving everyone else Xanax.

Just now, pezgirl7 said:

I'm hoping for flashbacks, although I don't know how that would tie into a flashforward story.

Maybe they'll tell vignettes of Rumple, Regina, and Hook's backstories that we still don't know about. Although, out of those three, Hook is really the only one who could fill an entire 22-episode season with his flashbacks. We already know so much about Regina and Rumple's pasts that their flashbacks would get ridiculously repetitive. (Not that that wouldn't stop A&E from telling those stories.) But we still don't know what Killian's time at the Royal Navy was like, we don't know when/how he learned how to fence, we don't know when he decided to ditch his basic clothes for the black pirate leather and jewelry, we don't know much about his adventures with Milah, there's a ton of Neverland/Bae stuff that never got covered...all of that could easily fill an entire season. So of course that's not the direction A&E will take.

• Love 11
13 minutes ago, Curio said:

What I'm confused about is Robert Carlyle sticking around. Out of all the main actors, I pegged him as the one person who was probably ready to leave this show for good and move onto more challenging roles. I know he's a legend, but he seemed to check out a while ago and phones in a lot of the more boring scenes. But I guess a paycheck is a paycheck.

Could be his kids. They're still school age, and maybe he felt it was better to be bored and well paid in Vancouver than pulling them away from their schools and friends to move back to Scotland for good.  

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, pezgirl7 said:

I can't see it being the wish realm if Hook is going to be an old, pudgy drunk guy.

Hand wave. Literally. EQ saw the pretty Hook and can't stand the fat guy so hand wave! He looks pretty in the wish realm!

• Love 8

I probably won't watch season 7. But, I don't want Emma's happy ending destroyed. HIMYM went on too long and I can't even watch reruns of that show because of the destruction of Barney and Robin. I have a feeling OUAT might be heading for the same type of stupidity for CS. 

• Love 3
(edited)

At the very least, I hope they tweak the name of the show slightly. Perhaps add a colon and 'Book Two' or 'The Next Chapter'. Heaven knows there were more than enough empty Author books in the Magician's House.

Edited by Jul 68
reasons
  • Love 4

So it is!

I really don't know! 

I never got so invested in a show and the cast! I know it will never happen again. I will love the Charming family and cs but for me Once will end. 

I will probably still read the forum because for me it's better than the show but and follow the general storyline and watch some scene.

But, that it!! I just never care for Regina, tired of big bad Rumple and Hook is not enough!

• Love 2

I'll give it a shot.

If it is time travel to the future with Henry full grown (or is there a possibility the new guy is Emma and Hook's son and Emma has passed on after their son has grown and they have had two decades of happiness...but Hook has been cursed by Rumple to miraculously stay in his thirties for all eternity without his Swan????) There could be lots of newly-widowed pirate adventures.  

(I hope Jen has a fabulous future.  She will be sorely missed.)

I love Carlyle.  Without simpering weak willed Belle he could be wickedly fun again, Dearie!

I unapologetically like the Evil Queen as well. Over the top scenery chewing in fabulous costumes has a certain appeal, still.

Shrug. It's all a mystery to me, and probably to them, too!  What the hell do they know about quality character driven writing (snork)?

I guess my shallow response is Ooooh, Hook!!! Ooooo yeah!

(fade into the Captain Hook theme song and some scruffy snark)

• Love 2

Any Better Call Saul fans here? If Season 7 isn't a Wish Realm thing, A&E would be wise to treat Regina and Hook like Saul and Mike. For most of the season, Saul and Mike are usually separated on their own adventures and it feels like they're on their own completely separate shows, but for a few special scenes throughout the season, their storylines converge and they share the screen for a little bit. A&E could treat Regina and Hook the same way. And then Rumple can finally be the Big Bad we all want him to be and he can be more of an occasional recurring character instead of a main character. Robert is the one who always said less is more with Rumple, anyways.

Ugh, I still don't see how any of this works without Emma. This all better take place within a week or two while Emma is on vacation visiting her parents. I mean, nearly every other season of this show has taken place over the course of a week or two, so why would this one be any different? I'd just prefer for Jen to be in the premiere and the finale instead of just one episode.

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, Camera One said:

I'm going with 'dread' myself. I couldn't believe this when I saw it on my Twitter feed.

ETA: Typical. I'd like to be happy about this, but...

Edited by Dianthus
more words
  • Love 1
(edited)

ABC, you are such morons.  You learned nothing from Fox's mistake of renewing Sleeping Hollow after losing the lead actress.  

You had better not be f***ing surprised when the ratings start reaching 0.1 territory. 

Edited by Inquirer
  • Love 4

I have mixed feelings about the renewal. I'm mostly disappointed, but there's a part of me that isn't ready to say goodbye yet...although I guess this is still a goodbye because the show won't be the same without Emma. Emma and Hook are pretty much the only reason I watch, so I'm just not sure Hook alone will be enough to hold my interest. If they break up Emma and Hook permanently or leave things between them unresolved, I'll never forgive the show. But if the reboot turns out to be an alternate reality or just flashbacks, I don't think that would be enough to hold my interest either. I think the best case scenario would be, as someone else speculated, if Hook and Regina go off on an adventure and Emma stays back (maybe with her and Hook's kids?), so the season only spans a short period of time. I really, really, really hope they can film a scene with JMo for the finale. 

Since Hook's sticking around, I'm actually glad that Rumple is too (assuming that Belle doesn't return with him). I really like the interactions between Hook and Rumple. Rumple used to be one of my favorite characters back in the Bae-days, but being around Belle really brought down his character. I wonder if they'll make him go full-on villain, or if they'll actually explore his humanity outside of Belle. Nevermind. I think I just answered my own question.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

Wasn't Regina hot for Rumpel earlier this season?  Pairing them up would be one way to not give Regina everything Emma has and is consistent with what's been shown already.

Ah, but Regina and the Evil Queen are totally two separate characters who have nothing in common and are nothing alike and are completely 100% not the same person. Except when they are...

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, Camera One said:

Dread

ETA: oops Dianthus already said this.  On another note, I am looking forward to seeing more Rumple.  He has always been my favorite character, although a bit too predictable lately with regard to villainy.  I'd like a bit more doubt like in season 1

Edited by Worsel

I'd much prefer a time jump to the wish realm. Regina killed the freaking Charmings and Henry is out for her (EQ) blood. And I sure as hell don't want a season of Outlaw Queen. I'd rather watch a Merida/Jasmine adventure than that chemistry-less relationship.

They need to start fresh, really. Maybe they have an amazing storyline plotted out, something that ties the three mains in a smart and interesting way, but fool me once and all.

But the wish realm would be the best option, since Snow, Charming, Emma and Belle are no longer around, Regina, Rumple and Hook are, and the new guy could be adult Henry with the little girl being an Outlaw Queen daughter.  

• Love 4

I get that ABC has a lot invested in the show, but, what a HUGE mistake to renew the show.

I feel like if they were going to continue on with Hook and Henry's (adult or not) characters they shouldn't have had Hook and Emma get married.  And I have wanted them to get married since their first episode together.  But the idea that Hook would lose another love and Henry would lose Emma again (because the only way this scenario works is if Emma dies) ruins the whole series for me.  To have them married and have her die 2 episodes later after all they've been through?  It takes all the "hope" out of the series.  I can't believe the network approved this, they must be desperate.

What a terrible week for the show! I never thought I'd say that because it should've been awesome coming off of the wedding.

5 minutes ago, Inquirer said:

But the wish realm would be the best option, since Snow, Charming, Emma and Belle are no longer around, Regina, Rumple and Hook are, and the new guy could be adult Henry with the little girl being an Outlaw Queen daughter.  

But the "wish" realm isn't a real place!  There would be 2 Hooks 2 Rumples 2 Henrys and 2Reginas.  It make no sense other than the other Charmings aren't there.  Either way you'd have real Hook and no Emma in either world.

• Love 2
(edited)
10 minutes ago, scenicbyway said:

But the "wish" realm isn't a real place!  There would be 2 Hooks 2 Rumples 2 Henrys and 2Reginas.

No, the real Hook, Rumple, Henry and Regina wouldn't need to be there.  The Wish Realm already has its own Hook, Rumple, Regina and Henry who could now be the default ones for the show.  And the Wish Realm apparently is a real place since it still existed after Emma and Regina left it.

Edited by Inquirer
  • Love 4
(edited)

Maybe Rumple runs a class for Hook and Regina on putting your loved ones to sleep so the Charming's, Emma, and Zelina have joined Belle and Gideon in "sleepy time". It didn't work on Henry because he kept going into the Author trance so they drove to the edge of town and tossed him out.

Edited by tri4335
  • Love 1