Type keyword(s) to search

Season 13 Spoilers, Speculation and Anticipation

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, ReidGirl said:

I can not watch "Reidless" episodes.

LOL....me either. I do, actually, watch it *once* (you know, in case there's some sort of important disclosure that may be relevant to future episodes) but this is actually a cause for a major heart attack for me earlier this year. I was sorting folders on the harddrive, trying to organise things and I could not find Screencaptures for either S12E9 or S12E10. I was ripping  my own head off wondering WTF I could possibly have done with them. I mean, Come ON! They belong in MGG->CriminalMinds->Screencaptures-><S#E# format>.  Where the heck are they?! oh no!

and then I realised those were the two Reidless episodes which I didn't even bother keeping, never mind screencapping.

Emergency averted.

*facepalm*

• Love 6
2 hours ago, ReidFan said:

LOL....me either. I do, actually, watch it *once* (you know, in case there's some sort of important disclosure that may be relevant to future episodes) but this is actually a cause for a major heart attack for me earlier this year. I was sorting folders on the harddrive, trying to organise things and I could not find Screencaptures for either S12E9 or S12E10. I was ripping  my own head off wondering WTF I could possibly have done with them. I mean, Come ON! They belong in MGG->CriminalMinds->Screencaptures-><S#E# format>.  Where the heck are they?! oh no!

and then I realised those were the two Reidless episodes which I didn't even bother keeping, never mind screencapping.

Emergency averted.

*facepalm*

Lol.....NO I have not watched any Reidless episodes from season 11 and 12. After reading about so many complaints about the plane scene in Awake, I watched that last scene and regretted immensely. Let just say I was relieved that I did not throw anything at my tv. 

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, ReidGirl said:

Lol.....NO I have not watched any Reidless episodes from season 11 and 12. After reading about so many complaints about the plane scene in Awake, I watched that last scene and regretted immensely. Let just say I was relieved that I did not throw anything at my tv. 

That plane scene was uncalled for. 

• Love 1

the sad part is, I bet the thought process was 'let's at least mention Reid to let the fans know we're still thinking of him,' or something along those lines.

The following episode had Rossi give the rest of the team present at the time some information about the case they were working on, leading to raised eyebrows from somebody and he confesses 'I called The Kid'. *That* was a much better mention of their absent colleague.

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, ReidFan said:

the sad part is, I bet the thought process was 'let's at least mention Reid to let the fans know we're still thinking of him,' or something along those lines.

If that was the thought process behind that awful scene, I wish they would have just completely forgotten about Reid instead. 

• Love 2

I'll say that I don't want Reid off the team for any extended period of time. Reinstate him in episode one (or at most episode two) and leave it at that. I want to see this team- as constructed- in action.

I'll also say that, even though I'd support Mr. Scratch being caught in "300", I don't want him dominating every episode. A few episodes devoted to him and his cronies- if done right- is fine.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, normasm said:

If it means a season 14, no. I think the series ought to end with 13, but i wish they would do 23 eps so we could have that nice round number. Oh, well.

Wouldn't the 300 be the 14 season premiere?

4 minutes ago, Hotchgirl18 said:

Wouldn't the 300 be the 14 season premiere?

Hence extending S13 to 23 episodes...to bring the total number of CM episodes to 300. Right now, CM stands at 277 episodes...so 277+22 is 299.

7 minutes ago, normasm said:

If it means a season 14, no. I think the series ought to end with 13, but i wish they would do 23 eps so we could have that nice round number. Oh, well.

I would love season 14, if they are going to end the series so they can tie the loose ends.  By the end of season 13 they would know if the series is renewed or not. And if not then they can give us a short season 14 which nicely rounds everything for all the characters. I dont like the series to end without a proper sendoff to our favourite characters.

Who am I kidding?? I would still watch a long season 14 and anything after that as long as MGG is there.

17 minutes ago, Hotchgirl18 said:

I'd like to see all the members of the team reunited. Past and present for 300. Well, except Gideon. 

I would have loved if Gideon could come back but as he died in season 10 that is out of question anyways.

• Love 2

So why not make S13 23 episodes?

2 minutes ago, ReidGirl said:

I would love season 14, if they are going to end the series so they can tie the loose ends.  By the end of season 13 they would know if the series is renewed or not. And if not then they can give us a short season 14 which nicely rounds everything for all the characters. I dont like the series to end without a proper sendoff to our favourite characters.

Who am I kidding?? I would still watch a long season 14 and anything after that as long as MGG is there.

I would have loved if Gideon could come back but as he died in season 10 that is out of question anyways.

Yup. That was my point. 

• Love 1
Just now, Hotchgirl18 said:

So why not make S13 23 episodes?

My hunch is that CBS wants to see if CM can continue after S13. If it has legs, why would they want to cancel it?

• Love 3

I'd love to get to episode 300, I'm not so sure about a possible season 14.

In the last episodes of season 12 they have shown us that they can write, direct and give us the wonderful stories we enjoy. If they can keep this level of good work, I'm in for  season 14. But if we are only going to get a good episode here and there, it's just not worth it. 

• Love 5

Harry mentioned something like, 'Just because they ordered 22 doesn't mean they wouldn't order one more.'

Apparently the order isn't set in stone. I'm guessing they'll probably get to 300 one way or another. 

• Love 2
(edited)

This is JMO and a bit of hope for the future coming through, but if they (want to) keep going much past S13, they need to serialize the show.  The week-to-week UCotW style can only go on for so long.  Most of 12 seasons is a whole lot already.

Its like dragging out this long tease of just how big and unstoppable a villain that Scratch is, but he's only been on the screen for like 7% of his whole 'arc' - he was introduced at the end of s9, right?  Its hard to get a true feel or sense of apprehension/suspense for how bad someone is when they're (very) rarely ever shown doing said bad things.

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Love 1

Well it's official Beyond Boredom has been cancelled. Let us hope EM doesn't get any bright ideas about using some of those characters in the mother show for this up and coming season, especially the Monty character.(YUCK)

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, MMC said:

Well it's official Beyond Boredom has been cancelled. Let us hope EM doesn't get any bright ideas about using some of those characters in the mother show for this up and coming season, especially the Monty character.(YUCK)

Please don't say that out loud MMC  just in case she reads it ;-) !!!

As it is we have more than enough cast members and they are not getting sufficient screen time.

• Love 2

Except that they might. Ugh.

I don't mind a consult, especially since Scratch was in like Borneo (Sao Paulo?) or somesuch, wasn't he? An international team would be more appropriate than our BAU running over there to nab him.

Just NO permanent additional team members, PLEASE.

• Love 2

Honduras, according to Walker's 'people'; to which Tara said 'which puts him firmly in Latin America.'

Good god no, there's already too many people in the CM regular cast. Adding anyone from BB would just tip the ship over. If they wanna *replace* someone, I'd see bringing in one of them, but heavens to murgatroyd, please no.

the only BB cast member I remotely like is Gary Sinise and I don't see him joining the mothership as a subordinate to Prentiss or even Rossi.

so, just no. no thank you!

• Love 6

Dare I say it, having watched CM:BB earlier this season, Monty has really improved. I no longer cringe when I see him on my screen. Alana De Garza didn't do that badly either.

That said, I would only support having Gary Sinise as a special guest star or even in a recurring role. We don't need the rest of the characters.

• Love 1
(edited)

No crossovers from Boredom, please! I don't want their fancier jet, I don't want their combo platter Reid/Garcia/JJ101 (Monty), thanks ever so...

Edited by normasm
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, Hotchgirl18 said:

I wonder what this could mean for season 13.

Nothing.  When Suspect Behavior was cancelled, they didn't bring any of the characters over so I doubt they would do the same with Beyond Borders.  The team is perfect the way it is.

But Suspect Behavior was not Erica Messer's project, as this was. Perhaps having Walker, Alvez and the 14 other newbies does serve a good purpose, after all, being that - for sure - they couldn't squeeze any more people in that terribly crowded lineup.

• Love 4
46 minutes ago, normasm said:

But Suspect Behavior was not Erica Messer's project, as this was. Perhaps having Walker, Alvez and the 14 other newbies does serve a good purpose, after all, being that - for sure - they couldn't squeeze any more people in that terribly crowded lineup.

Suspect Behavior was Benero's thing. Why not ship the newbies to Cooper's team? And some to Garret's team? 

On 2017-5-13 at 0:07 AM, Danielg342 said:

Technically it was renewed for a 16th season comprising of one, two-hour episode, but, for all intents and purposes, it was a movie. Many of the show's former stars- including Marg Helgenberger and William Petersen- returned for it.

It's how I would imagine CM would go out, if S13 does not go well. S14 would be a final "movie", with the team catching Mr. Scratch. Hopefully with Hotch back in tow, maybe with Elle and Morgan coming back too.

that would be amazing if TG's exit had been more "clean" and the show got good writers/writing.

So I think I would very much appreciate if they just leave Hotch alone. They don't even name the character in the whole season!!! come on! They own Hotch, it's not TG property.... I'm sorry. Their lack of interest gets on my nerves.

At this time, I am glad they left Elle alone too.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, smoker said:

that would be amazing if TG's exit had been more "clean" and the show got good writers/writing.

So I think I would very much appreciate if they just leave Hotch alone. They don't even name the character in the whole season!!! come on! They own Hotch, it's not TG property.... I'm sorry. Their lack of interest gets on my nerves.

At this time, I am glad they left Elle alone too.

Ah...I'd like to see Elle back too. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I am writing another comment to extend my opinion about some things such as Mr. Scratch and Prentiss.

I am just going to say they didn't use Mr. Scratch in the aftermath of his episode. They didn't plan to and the season was already tied up. It's ok. But they didn't used him in the begining of season 11 either... After a whole season they play the Mr. Scratch card... and what we got from there.... a great previous episode, thank you very much Frances Fisher. Then we got that crap about the jailbreak as an escuse to use Mr. Scratch in season 12, that's a year and half after we met him (more or less). Are you kidding me EM?? Anyway, they turn Mr. Scratch in The reaper travesty because they can't write for mastermind characters, people who love Reid knows this is true. And finally, it seems they don't have a clue about how they can finish him.

As I see it, Prentiss is a problem since her visit in season 9. Bad writers and bad writing. Moreover, I would add I dislike when actors who are out came back (yes, thats for my beloved Hotch/TG too), most of the times those episodes are crap, no matter what show. I am going to stop here because I know I'll go offensive and that's unfair, if they paid me the big sweaty kind of money they are receiving I would take it too (I know, I disgust myself sometimes). Aside of that, I do believe Prentiss is the one who could and should replace Hotch as unit chief, the old Prentiss at last. This third reboot of Prentiss is really bad written. But the old Prentiss was just perfect for many reasons. Morgan was never an option to me. If SM was in the show he would have been the new leader and that's wrong. I am glad is Prentiss, although it's sad she is bad written in her new role.

Edited by smoker
bad grammar, sorry
  • Love 1
(edited)

Just my 2 cents. And it is doubtful it will play out this way. But I want Reid to refuse to be reinstated until he gets some answer as to why those bastards left him hung out to dry. I understand why the higher ups in the FBI refused Reid any sort of legal representation even though it pissed me off. But what I don't understand is why they sat on their asses and did absolutely nothing when a prison guard, whom we later learn was working for Cat, took it upon himself to see to it that Reid would go into genpop instead of protective custody like he was suppose to. Which was something that prison guard had absolutely no authority to do. WTF was it to teach Reid some sort of lesson for having broke some sort of protocol. Honestly there is a huge part of me who wonders why in the world Spencer Reid would even want to go back to working for that organization. And the only explanation I can come up with is that the BAU is probably like a second home to him and he thinks of his team as a family of sorts.

Edited by MMC
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, MMC said:

Just my 2 cents. And it is doubtful it will play out this way. But I want Reid to refuse to be reinstated until he gets some answer as to why those bastards left him hung out to dry. I understand why the higher ups in the FBI refused Reid any sort of legal representation even though it pissed me off. But what I don't understand is why they sat on their asses and did absolutely nothing when a prison guard, whom we later learn was working for Cat, took it upon himself to see to it that Reid would go into genpop instead of protective custody like he was suppose to. Which was something that prison guard had absolutely no authority to do. WTF was it to teach Reid some sort of lesson for having broke some sort of protocol. Honestly there is a huge part of me who wonders why in the world Spencer Reid would even want to go back to working for that organization. And the only explanation I can come up with is that the BAU is probably like a second home to him and he thinks of his team as a family of sorts.

If I was Reid, I'd want to know it took the BAU or the PD to investigate that there was someone else's partial print at the crime scene.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, MMC said:

I've been thinking (too long and too hard probably) about a few little loose ends that bugged me about this arc and the whole 'Reid ends up in genpop' was one of them but here goes:

He was supposed to be in protective. (as per the list on the clipboard in 'Collision Course')

Wilkins moved him to gen pop. (Tidwell, the bus guard probably has less authority than Wilkins, they were in different colour uniforms and would just defer to what Wilkins says/does)

Wilkins did so at Cat's behest (we know this from RedLight).

If Cat has some sort of Mole/info funneler/flunkie at the FBI, *that* person may have somehow filtered to whatever higher-up told the prison warden Reid stays in general. The fact that Reid wasn't getting 'crack FBI legal help' because of the crossing the border surreptitiously thing would be general knowledge (to FBI folks) and Mole could've let Cat know that and she may have worked backwards from there, telling Mole to make sure Reid stays in genpop by faking some sort of 'directive' from the same folks who would've said no to legal representation.

Okay, that's all clear to me, but did it make sense to you ?

• Love 3
(edited)
18 minutes ago, ReidFan said:

I've been thinking (too long and too hard probably) about a few little loose ends that bugged me about this arc and the whole 'Reid ends up in genpop' was one of them but here goes:

Okay, that's all clear to me, but did it make sense to you ?

It makes sense, but I don't want another Mole storyline on a CBS show, for a long long time.

I'd rather convince myself that Scratch got into the FBI system again and wrote a fake memo from a higher up, that Reid stays in GenPop.  And we all know that FBI memos have been newsworthy lately, so a fake one would have relevance.

Edited by roamyn

on the subject of 'things I'd like to see in season 13':

-another long Reid character arc, this time to give him a happy personal life please.

-a revisit to Calvin Shaw, but not until closer to the end of the year. I want to know how excited his Russian friends are to see him :D

-ROXY!!!!

-closure on a couple of old unsubs: -the Appalachian trail pedo, even if it's just to confirm that he's dead of whatever disease he had. And Mountain Man unsub from Blood Relations, last seen terrorising a couple in rural Kentucky. Needs to be addressed.

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, ReidFan said:

on the subject of 'things I'd like to see in season 13':

-another long Reid character arc, this time to give him a happy personal life please.

-a revisit to Calvin Shaw, but not until closer to the end of the year. I want to know how excited his Russian friends are to see him :D

-ROXY!!!!

-closure on a couple of old unsubs: -the Appalachian trail pedo, even if it's just to confirm that he's dead of whatever disease he had. And Mountain Man unsub from Blood Relations, last seen terrorising a couple in rural Kentucky. Needs to be addressed.

A happy Reid arc - a definite yes....

If nothing else they can show little about how he has someone outside the BAU who loves and respects him for the man he is.

The only unsub(?) I really wanted back was Nathan Harris. I would love to have the Mountain Man back as well.

May be they can show a friendship growing between Alvez and Reid. 

• Love 2