Type keyword(s) to search

Season 13 Spoilers, Speculation and Anticipation

• Start Topic

22 minutes ago, Hotchgirl18 said:

Didn't the guy who played Nathan Harris die?

Yes, Anton Yelchin died.  But he played the character about 10 seasons ago.  *IF* he came back, a different actor could portray him.  It's not unheard of. 

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, GalvDuck said:

Yes, Anton Yelchin died.  But he played the character about 10 seasons ago.  *IF* he came back, a different actor could portray him.  It's not unheard of. 

He passed in a car accident, right?

2 minutes ago, Hotchgirl18 said:

He passed in a car accident, right?

yes, he got pinned between his driveway gate and his Jeep--and there is currently a lawsuit pending, for a known issue with said Jeep. (hey, anybody I care about? Please never buy a Jeep)

I would not want to see Nathan recast. Doubt they would anyway, but no. If they revisit this, I'd hope it would be in a tribute type form, where he's passed away on the show too.

• Love 5
Just now, ReidFan said:

yes, he got pinned between his driveway gate and his Jeep--and there is currently a lawsuit pending, for a known issue with said Jeep. (hey, anybody I care about? Please never buy a Jeep)

I would not want to see Nathan recast. Doubt they would anyway, but no. If they revisit this, I'd hope it would be in a tribute type form, where he's passed away on the show too.

Hasn't this sort of thing happened before with Jeeps?

veering (no pun intended) off topic, but yeah, there's all sorts of investigations and recalls and stuff happening over whatever models of Jeep involved. (higher end ones, something about the gear shift *looking* like it's in place when it isn't really.) Bottom line= Jeeps are baaaaaaad! 

and heading back to 'things we wanna see next year': how about centering the stories more around the cast and the profiling instead of all the unsub, unsub, UNSUB and stunt guest casting (Sherilyn Fenn, Tatum O'Neal. Please..... eyeroll)

although, Best Stunt Casting of season 12: Matthew Gray Gubler's father as a rotten old dude who kidnapped kids. 

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, ReidFan said:

veering (no pun intended) off topic, but yeah, there's all sorts of investigations and recalls and stuff happening over whatever models of Jeep involved. (higher end ones, something about the gear shift *looking* like it's in place when it isn't really.) Bottom line= Jeeps are baaaaaaad! 

and heading back to 'things we wanna see next year': how about centering the stories more around the cast and the profiling instead of all the unsub, unsub, UNSUB and stunt guest casting (Sherilyn Fenn, Tatum O'Neal. Please..... eyeroll)

although, Best Stunt Casting of season 12: Matthew Gray Gubler's father as a rotten old dude who kidnapped kids. 

Ditto on the Unsub Show. I hate that. 

And his father played an unsub? What episode?!

well, truthfully, he only appeared in a photo that Garcia called up on her computer.  He didn't physically appear in the episode except for the photo. But I laughed my head off when I saw it.... 

"Elliott's Pond"BadDaddy.jpg.aa4d19010b5bbfcfec2d16aadf45142d.jpg

• Love 6
3 hours ago, ReidFan said:

*sobs*

yeah, they *could* still revisit Nathan actually. With the sad ending it had in RL obviously. :(

He appeared only in one episode,  such a long time ago, and we (at least I ) remember him so clearly. It was a very powerful character and a wonderful episode. 

The same channel that shows CM was showing Star Trek a few weeks ago. Every time the promo was on the screen and he appeared, I felt so sad about the stupid accident that cost him his life. 

Revisiting Sex, Birth, Death tonight?? Mmmmm, tempting!!

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, senin said:

He appeared only in one episode,  such a long time ago, and we (at least I ) remember him so clearly. It was a very powerful character and a wonderful episode. 

The same channel that shows CM was showing Star Trek a few weeks ago. Every time the promo was on the screen and he appeared, I felt so sad about the stupid accident that cost him his life. 

Revisiting Sex, Birth, Death tonight?? Mmmmm, tempting!!

Yes is was a very powerful character and loved Reid and his interactions. Also loved how Garcia was with Reid in this episode.

Nathan Harris portrayed it so well, the urge to kill and his honest efforts to try and stop it.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ReidFan said:

I want nothing more myself. Unfortunately with EM remaining at the helm I just don't see that happening except maybe on a tiny scale. And now with that stupid spin off of hers having tanked she will be even more involved in the original CM. I don't think this bodes well for those us how have gotten so sick and tired of the UNSUB SHOW.

• Love 2

I don't think so.  CBS has been having trouble launching a show at 10 so they decided to sandwich it between two veteran shows.  If Seal team fails, CM will probably be moved back to 9.  I would start to worry if it got moved to Sunday.  

• Love 4
3 hours ago, MMC said:

I want nothing more myself. Unfortunately with EM remaining at the helm I just don't see that happening except maybe on a tiny scale. And now with that stupid spin off of hers having tanked she will be even more involved in the original CM. I don't think this bodes well for those us how have gotten so sick and tired of the UNSUB SHOW.

Remember this, too: BB was her baby and it got cancelled. She should know she could just as easily be replaced as showrunner. 

Really think it's too early to predict a disastrous season, @MMC. I don't see any reason why they can't continue in the vein they've built with the back half of 12. They saw fan reaction, and while I don't think they are completely guided by that, I do believe it is considered. Why not wait to see what happens before judging?

Also, some have been predicting that it's their "last season" since 6. It's a perennial theme among those that wish it to be true. I think it would be awesome if they made it to season 20! I'd wager it would be a very different show! :D

• Love 3
(edited)
4 hours ago, normasm said:

I voted yesterday. Is it one of those bogus ones where you can vote as many times as you care to?

No you can only vote once from one device. 81% of us now. 

Edited by ReidGirl
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, Willowy said:

Really think it's too early to predict a disastrous season, @MMC. I don't see any reason why they can't continue in the vein they've built with the back half of 12. They saw fan reaction, and while I don't think they are completely guided by that, I do believe it is considered. Why not wait to see what happens before judging?

Also, some have been predicting that it's their "last season" since 6. It's a perennial theme among those that wish it to be true. I think it would be awesome if they made it to season 20! I'd wager it would be a very different show! :D

You are probably right. It is just that where EM is concerned I tend to gravitate towards the negative at times. I guess for me it is just habitual. 

• Love 3
On 5/12/2017 at 6:34 PM, CrimeFan12 said:

Emily was never offered Hotch's job in season three.  Strauss wanted Emily to be her personal snitch and dig up any dirty on Hotch so that Strauss had just cause to fire him.  Emily didn't want to have anything to do with that.  She remained loyal to the team and Hotch so she quit.  That shows the strength of her character.  

As to the part about helping Reid.  There was nothing she could do about this.  The writers wanted it to play out that way and the character had to do what they wrote.  If Hotch was still there, he would have been doing exactly the same thing.  Sometimes people (and I'm saying this in general and am not pointing at anyone) think the characters are real and can do whatever they want.  They aren't and must do what is written in the script.

She also did not steal his job this season.  Hotch resigned and recommended that she take the position.  That showed he has the confidence that she would do a good job leading the team and she has. Also Emily wasn't trying to take Garcia's job.  She was protecting her.  If there is any backlash from issuing the amber alert, it will fall solely on her.  That's what a good boss does, they protect their team.

Hotch is not coming back.  It's done and it's not going to change any time in the near future.

Hotch is my favorite and I didn't want to watch this season without him, so I really didn't until near the end when I wanted to see what happened with Reid and his mom, because Reid is my (very close) 2nd favorite. While I have been a fan of Paget/Prentiss and have always thought that she managed to elevate the bad material with her performance, for some reason she wasn't able to do that (IMO) this season. Truly the writing has ruined what was once a fabulous show. They have missed the premise of this show for half of its run now. They can inject all the new characters they want to, but they can't salvage the show without good, believable story lines and interesting cases. I do think that Matthew gave stellar performances in his arc and I'm glad they were smart enough to give so much focus to him. However, I wish that he would get something else. He's stuck it out long enough and deserves better than they've given him in recent seasons. So while I enjoyed watching the Reid scenes, the recent cases mostly did not hold my interest, and I think bringing back Gia Mantegna's character was nothing more than nepotism. I'm glad they killed her off so they don't try it again, not that I'm likely to watch. As much as I love the character of Hotch, my wish is for Thomas Gibson (and Matthew Gray Gubler) to get a great new role or project elsewhere and let Criminal Minds fade away. I do still enjoy watching the early seasons but it also makes me sad for the loss of what once was. 

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, SSAHotchner said:

Hotch is my favorite and I didn't want to watch this season without him, so I really didn't until near the end when I wanted to see what happened with Reid and his mom, because Reid is my (very close) 2nd favorite. While I have been a fan of Paget/Prentiss and have always thought that she managed to elevate the bad material with her performance, for some reason she wasn't able to do that (IMO) this season. Truly the writing has ruined what was once a fabulous show. They have missed the premise of this show for half of its run now. They can inject all the new characters they want to, but they can't salvage the show without good, believable story lines and interesting cases. I do think that Matthew gave stellar performances in his arc and I'm glad they were smart enough to give so much focus to him. However, I wish that he would get something else. He's stuck it out long enough and deserves better than they've given him in recent seasons. So while I enjoyed watching the Reid scenes, the recent cases mostly did not hold my interest, and I think bringing back Gia Mantegna's character was nothing more than nepotism. I'm glad they killed her off so they don't try it again, not that I'm likely to watch. As much as I love the character of Hotch, my wish is for Thomas Gibson (and Matthew Gray Gubler) to get a great new role or project elsewhere and let Criminal Minds fade away. I do still enjoy watching the early seasons but it also makes me sad for the loss of what once was. 

Stellar analysis. Only they didn't kill off Lindsey, they just arrested her. 

I do want TG to find a new project. Hopefully something that actually respects his talents. He should be able to show his full range. 

1 minute ago, Danielg342 said:

It has to be in Episode One, at the latest the beginning of Episode Two. I want to have the team- as constructed- in action.

I want him back. And hopefully they don't drag it out.

• Love 1

There were six people in the cars, three in each car, if I remember correctly. I think they all survive (maybe I hope they will).

I don't think they're going to make the team any smaller. Why? All these actors have got other projects besides CM. They act in films or other shows, they direct.... so the team has to be big enough to allow some of them to be absent from one/some episodes. It doesn't seem a very good reason to have such a big team, but I'm almost sure this is part of the reason, or most of it. 

• Love 1
17 hours ago, SSAHotchner said:

So while I enjoyed watching the Reid scenes, the recent cases mostly did not hold my interest, and I think bringing back Gia Mantegna's character was nothing more than nepotism. I'm glad they killed her off so they don't try it again, not that I'm likely to watch. 

She wasn't killed off.  She surrendered when she realized that Cat had cheated on her, and everything she did wasn't for love after all.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, roamyn said:

She wasn't killed off.  She surrendered when she realized that Cat had cheated on her, and everything she did wasn't for love after all.

Whoops, sorry. You can see how much that episode held my interest outside of Reid. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, senin said:

There were six people in the cars, three in each car, if I remember correctly. I think they all survive (maybe I hope they will).

I don't think they're going to make the team any smaller. Why? All these actors have got other projects besides CM. They act in films or other shows, they direct.... so the team has to be big enough to allow some of them to be absent from one/some episodes. It doesn't seem a very good reason to have such a big team, but I'm almost sure this is part of the reason, or most of it. 

You're probably right...but, for a fleeting moment, the opportunity is there to wipe everyone out and start anew with Reid and Garcia having to reassemble the team and start from, well, scratch.

That would be a great way to "revitalize" the series, wouldn't it?

• Love 1

By bringing in a passle of strange noobs? Ha, no. JJ and Emily are part of the core and can never be destroyed! *evil laugh*

All we need to revitalize the series are Andrew and Simon writing again, or the current room keeping up what they did with Green/Red Light. Erik Stiller proved he's got the stones, and a really good grasp of our team. IF they just keep Haben Merker far away from a keyboard, they should be solid.

Wow, and few years ago we thought that The Replicator and Maeve arc was over the top...

Personally, I'd rather have an "ordinary" serial killer as the final villain of this show. Somebody like Frank Breitkopf. Who is resourceful and intelligent enough but is just a sexual sadist who likes playing games and prefers murdering people in "ordinary" ways such as shooting or stabbing. (Or, in Frank's case, vivisection and dismemberment. OK, not really an "ordinary" method, but still...)

Speaking of such villains, "Castle" had a good thing going with Jerry Tyson. A fairly intelligent guy but basically a steet thug. A serial killer, but the one targeting women who resemble his mother, who abandoned him. No rape, no torture, no drugging their soulmates with adghhv or whatever so they'd murder them-just strangling them in their homes. But in later seasons they made him way too powerful so that kinda spoiled it.

As for Nathan Harris, I had a certain story idea about that. This time, there is somebody like Nathan, murdering prostitutes and their johns, only it is a teenage girl this time rather than a boy. At the end, after she is caught, Reid interrogates her and mentions that there was a boy like her years ago, but he never hurt anyone and he got better. The unsub asks can she talk to him, see how is he better than her, how he managed to help himself. Spencer solemnly replies "That isn't possible", then starts interrogating her about the first murder. The end.

• Love 5
14 hours ago, Danielg342 said:

You're probably right...but, for a fleeting moment, the opportunity is there to wipe everyone out and start anew with Reid and Garcia having to reassemble the team and start from, well, scratch.

That would be a great way to "revitalize" the series, wouldn't it?

Yes. We need good writers again. We need a good team that is NOT the season Twelve team. As far as I'm concerned, they are a shit excuse for one. They all deserved to be axed. 

On 5/20/2017 at 8:35 AM, Mislav said:

Speaking of such villains, "Castle" had a good thing going with Jerry Tyson. A fairly intelligent guy but basically a steet thug. A serial killer, but the one targeting women who resemble his mother, who abandoned him. No rape, no torture, no drugging their soulmates with adghhv or whatever so they'd murder them-just strangling them in their homes. But in later seasons they made him way too powerful so that kinda spoiled it.

As for Nathan Harris, I had a certain story idea about that. This time, there is somebody like Nathan, murdering prostitutes and their johns, only it is a teenage girl this time rather than a boy. At the end, after she is caught, Reid interrogates her and mentions that there was a boy like her years ago, but he never hurt anyone and he got better. The unsub asks can she talk to him, see how is he better than her, how he managed to help himself. Spencer solemnly replies "That isn't possible", then starts interrogating her about the first murder. The end.

God I loved Jerry Tyson!  He was a great foil for both Castle & Kate.

Is Nathan Harris the budding serial killer who got help before he started killing, and almost killed himself b4 Reid stopped him?

As I think about the beginning of season 13, I wonder if the writing team has shot itself in the foot with that cliffhanger.  EM has said they want Reid back with the team, and that she thinks his issues will be addressed in the first episode.  With Morgan, and with Hotch before him, there was an off-screen period of presumed healing after their respective traumas.  But, having ended season 12 with the other 157 team members' lives in jeopardy, they can't very well start season 13 six months later.  So, unless they want to continue Reid in his own storyline apart from the team, I think they're going to have to bring him back right away, which will be too soon.  I hope they realize that, and write to it.

• Love 7

I believe I mentioned it once before, but I did write a fic where the team got captured and Garcia had to save them. I think that could be fun to do this time around, with Garcia needing to bug Reid at his home to help out on the case. It could be an excellent way to get Reid immediately back into the FBI- after he saves the team, Prentiss would make a personal appeal to the Director and tell him Reid has more than proven his character and worth to the team.

Also- and I know this is a longshot- but it could be interesting if Scratch drugged the team he kidnapped and they all went on murderous rampages. They could even dedicate the season to Reid's efforts in exonerating the team and showing that they were drugged.

Just throwing that out there.

• Love 1

Now that you have mentioned your fanfiction, is it available somewhere? I'd like to read some of your stories, but I don't know where to look for them. 

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, senin said:

Now that you have mentioned your fanfiction, is it available somewhere? I'd like to read some of your stories, but I don't know where to look for them. 

I made a post in the Fanfiction thread so as not to clutter this thread:

• Love 2
2 hours ago, JMO said:

As I think about the beginning of season 13, I wonder if the writing team has shot itself in the foot with that cliffhanger.  EM has said they want Reid back with the team, and that she thinks his issues will be addressed in the first episode.  With Morgan, and with Hotch before him, there was an off-screen period of presumed healing after their respective traumas.  But, having ended season 12 with the other 157 team members' lives in jeopardy, they can't very well start season 13 six months later.  So, unless they want to continue Reid in his own storyline apart from the team, I think they're going to have to bring him back right away, which will be too soon.  I hope they realize that, and write to it.

It might, I say might, be interesting if the cliffy ends in Prentiss and Rossi being injured and temporarily off the team, and Reid, who is next in line, taking over for temp Unit Chief. He still has major issues to deal with, and this could, if written right, be good character development for Reid, as well as a look into what makes a team, i.e., the team coming together under an untried and hurting member as head. I think Reid apart from the team should not be explored unless they will show what it takes to be rehabbed after going through what he did. If he was pressed to take charge temporarily, this might inform him that he is capable and still the man he wants to be, instead of what he feared prison made him.

Just saying, well written, this could be an interesting turn of events, while affording Paget and Rossi and even JJ to take at least one episode off.

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, normasm said:

It might, I say might, be interesting if the cliffy ends in Prentiss and Rossi being injured and temporarily off the team, and Reid, who is next in line, taking over for temp Unit Chief. He still has major issues to deal with, and this could, if written right, be good character development for Reid, as well as a look into what makes a team, i.e., the team coming together under an untried and hurting member as head. I think Reid apart from the team should not be explored unless they will show what it takes to be rehabbed after going through what he did. If he was pressed to take charge temporarily, this might inform him that he is capable and still the man he wants to be, instead of what he feared prison made him.

Just saying, well written, this could be an interesting turn of events, while affording Paget and Rossi and even JJ to take at least one episode off.

I like this idea.  I don't know if I can see the FBI getting on board with Reid being in charge until after they've had a chance to chastise him for crossing the border without notifying them, but I can see him having to step up right away, officially or unofficially, to help save the day.  It would go a long way toward bringing him back.  Considering how much JJ has stood beside him through his ordeal, I wouldn't mind seeing him have to do the same for her.  (After pushing Will out of the way, of course.)  

However, at the moment, Reid is about to have breakfast with Morgan and his mother, somewhere.  If one of our old team members is injured, I hope they'll remember to mention Morgan's concern about them, and the fact that he wished he'd been able to stay and help.

• Love 4

I can see season 13 opening with Reid on a therapists (FBI-ordered or not) couch. We don't see his face, just his hands, calm, loosely linked fingers. We hear the therapist's voice, asking him if he feels any hesitation, any regrets at coming back to the BAU so quickly. If he harbors any resentment towards the Bureau for not supporting him. Reid answers honestly. 

"Yes."

The whole episode could be him on that couch as interstitials. While the BAU was off hammering away at another case. Spencer's there, telling the truth, instead of the lies he used to tell his therapists when he was a child. We relive some of it with him, we get a picture as to just where his head is really at.

JJ's gone from the entire episode, no explanation until the very last scene. They pull away from Reid in the office to the waiting room, where she sits. Waiting for him.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, normasm said:

I love this idea normasm. I would love to see Reid leading the team even for a short while and stepping up as his team needs it.

• Love 2