Type keyword(s) to search

Second Wives' Club - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Tania's save-the-dates go out and not all of the women get invited; Shiva questions Mohamed's commitment to marriage after a two-year engagement and no wedding date in sight.

Really enjoyed the episode. Pure summer trash.

• Love 3
(edited)

It wasn´t overboard crazy but I still don´t know what to say or where to begin... It´s definitely enjoyable. The group dynamic is promising.

Tania looks like a t*****, and she´s really mean, like she´s ready to take things out into the street and she´s giddy from thinking about the reaction to not getting a save the date from her.

Shawna is the sweetest little thing. I remember Lorenzo Lamas being married to a Shauna Sands.

Shiva can really carry a show, she was the only familiar face to me since she´s been on RhoBH a few times. Her and Veronika are insanely gorgeous.

Edited by halkatla
  • Love 3
(edited)

I really like the production values on this show. It's very lush and fun to look at. I like the group dynamic because they aren't batshit insane yet. Give it time, of course.

Tania is apparently a vet of quite a few reality shows. I remember her from My Antonio, a reality show where women competed for Antonio Sabato Jr. Pure trashy fun. He was a douche back then too. She's pretty nasty on here.Don't we all wish our biggest issue was whether we got a wedding invitation or not? Love how Tania is acting like this is a Kardashian wedding or something. No one cares.

Two of the couples have already broken up:

Spoiler

Shawna and Lorenzo, and Michael and Veronika

Edited by EarlGreyTea
  • Love 4

I have to admit, I loved this. I laughed out loud when Shiva was talking about Mohammed being humble, and then the cameras cut to him discussing his IMAX movie theater and wine cellar that would fit 10,000 bottles. 

Katie is my favorite by far - it makes sense to me that she's friends with the guys from Watch What Crappens, because she was hilarious. Didn't realize this was filmed so long ago though - I read it was filmed in 2015, then shelved until now. 

• Love 2
On 5/10/2017 at 4:51 PM, halkatla said:

Shawna is the sweetest little thing. I remember Lorenzo Lamas being married to a Shauna Sands.

Yes it is odd, no?  I knew it was Lamas but I had to squint to see it was him.  The man has aged and is so whiny.

• Love 2

A heartbreaking revelation in her marriage confronts Veronika; Shawna interviews with an acting agent in hopes of stepping out of her famous husband's shadow; Shiva, Mohamed and their mansion partake in a glamorous cover shoot.

Obviously I don't travel in the upper echelon of society,  is it a thing now to give "save the date" announcements before the actual invitations or is that one and the same thing? 

Lorenzo Lamas- holy crap! He used to be drop dead handsome, what has he had done to himself? Is he a heavy drinker or something?   He's only a couple years older than John Stamos for example and look at the difference. Shawna is very sweet and down to earth but she looks and dresses like trailer trash and she's driving that old car. She doesn't really fit in with the other wives. What's going on with their money? Lorenzo's divorces and child support must have wiped him out.

Veronika describing her marriage was depressing. Hubby already cheated once and she takes him back. He disappears for days and weeks on  a regular basis without explanation? He cheats a 2nd time and she actually wondering what she should do?  

• Love 1

Nice episode.  There should be more chatter about these ladies.  I want to tell Shiva, accept the fact, you will never be a wife.  Mohamed's kids like you but you will never have a share in his empire. 

• Love 2

I really like Shiva, Katie and Veronika.  I'm not that big of a fan of Shawna.  I thought she was terrible in the interview and I had to laugh when she dropped Lorenzo's name. 

I can't really keep the rest of them straight. 

• Love 1

Lorenzo Lamas isn't an "A" list celebrity, I don't why she name dropped him...lol! I found that part really funny.

Katie is awesome. I think she is my favorite. She seems like a really good friend.

Shiva seems nice, but she is a humble brag. I feel like her whole persona is based off the house she lives in. The house is nice, but it is a little gaudy for my taste. Mohamed is ugly. He doesn't seem very interested in her. 

On 5/15/2017 at 2:25 PM, bichonblitz said:

Obviously I don't travel in the upper echelon of society,  is it a thing now to give "save the date" announcements before the actual invitations or is that one and the same thing? 

It's becoming a "thing" and I hate it.  Now if it's someone in your immediate family, then yes, I will save the date and thank you for the heads up.

(edited)

Tania's  whole wedding seems shady. A wedding for 300 people in 2 months?  No invitations sent out? No dress yet? Just now tasting food? What about the cake? What of flowers that may have to be sourced? No mention of a venue? What about the planning a guest needs to make to attend time off, travel, accommodations? It all seems shady.

I know a quick wedding can be done but on that scale and how well?

Was she hoping for Bravo to open their wallet?

Edited by Giselle

I know this isn't the right place to talk about episode 3 but there isn't an episode thread started.  Maybe for this show and All Episodes Thread would be better since there isn't a ton of interest. 

I was a little confused by Veronika's situation with her husband.  She spoke in earlier episodes about him having a long affair and that they worked through it and stayed together.  Now she is talking about another year long affair that he had but in some moments where she is talking about the affair it sounds like it's the first time.  Did her husband have 2 separate year long affairs or did he have 1 year long affair and the editing is wonky?  I feel like it has to be 2 separate affairs but I know I've listened to her speaking in her talking heads and I've second guessed myself on the 2 affairs.  To be fair, I am usually watching this show while doing something else so that could be my problem. 

I had to laugh at Tania's boat.  I realize no one said a yacht but I'm pretty sure most were expecting something a lot more grand; I know I would've. 

Tania inviting Shiva to her wedding with a knockoff invite is pretty sad.  If I were Shiva, I wouldn't go and I don't blame her for not going to the tasting.  I wonder E! told her she had to include her castmates and that was the reason behind the rushed knockoff invite. 

I still really like Shiva and she seems like a really good friend. I'm glad to see she didn't divulge Veronika's secrets even though everyone knew she was keeping a secret.  I do feel bad for her though.  I don't think Mohammad has any desire to marry her but she is still holding out hope.  I think it is cruel of him to propose to her knowing he doesn't want to get married again. 

• Love 2

I find Mohammed to be a very selfish man. It's all about him and how he is seen. He may be generous but I believe it is done partly because generosity makes him look good. Not saying he's a bad guy just saying there maybe more baggage than just ex-wives and kids.

When he said "I like things as they are now" it was so telling. He doesn't want kids. He's been there done that twice with two other wives. He wants a play-mate. One might wonder if he is stringing her along for as long as he can wanting someone to enjoy the last years of his life with. I wouldn't be surprised if he has had a vasectomy and not told her. Why leave it up to chance?

How long have they been together? Per Wikipedia they were engaged in 2014. This show shot in the summer of 2015 and on the shelf for a couple years? And they are still engaged up to present time? There is nothing in their lives that would prevent marriage, like religion, family dynamics, caring for a sick relative or a career to make them hold off. She needs to make a choice, money and this guy on his terms or a life of her own making with a husband and possibly children.

We'll see.

Does anybody else get a Drew Barrymore vibe from Katie?

• Love 4
On 5/25/2017 at 10:21 AM, Giselle said:

I find Mohammed to be a very selfish man. It's all about him and how he is seen. He may be generous but I believe it is done partly because generosity makes him look good. Not saying he's a bad guy just saying there maybe more baggage than just ex-wives and kids.

When he said "I like things as they are now" it was so telling. He doesn't want kids. He's been there done that twice with two other wives. He wants a play-mate. One might wonder if he is stringing her along for as long as he can wanting someone to enjoy the last years of his life with. I wouldn't be surprised if he has had a vasectomy and not told her. Why leave it up to chance?

How long have they been together? Per Wikipedia they were engaged in 2014. This show shot in the summer of 2015 and on the shelf for a couple years? And they are still engaged up to present time? There is nothing in their lives that would prevent marriage, like religion, family dynamics, caring for a sick relative or a career to make them hold off. She needs to make a choice, money and this guy on his terms or a life of her own making with a husband and possibly children.

We'll see.

I get a very young Drew Barrymore vibe from Katie, but in this adult package it ain't so cute.

Really interesting to see what Shiva's life is like after the brief peeks on Bravo - love her but this seems like a gilded cage scenario. Fly Shiva, fly!

• Love 2
On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 8:21 AM, Giselle said:

We'll see.

Mohamed seemed way too eager to go searching for suitable playmates for Shiva's brother.  I believe Shiva and Mohamed have been perpetually engaged since she arrived on the scene.  I am still trying to figure out what keeps Shiva so busy all day she doesn't have time for a swim.  Shiva and Katie seem to be the best of the lot and polar opposites when it comes to vocational pursuits.  

I am hoping Katie's tea room gets a chance to open.  

The Tanya woman can go at any time.  I don't think it is her honesty that  bothers the others she is just a miserable woman. 

• Love 2

I agree about Tania being miserable. I wouldn't want to be around her. Does she ever have anything nice to say about anybody or anything?

I was just telling my young neice, who is dealing someone like that, that some people are plain miserable and they are happiest hurting others and making others just as miserable as themselves. She doesn't have to buy into their negativity. Be kind, focus on the good but minimize contact if she needs to until things change.

• Love 1

I just can't believe these women got to where they are.  It boggles the mind.  You think that there is this whole other world of opulence, luxury, fame, success, etc., but, it's really nothing like you think, imo.  I suppose some people just luck up, like a lottery drawing. I can see why things don't work out so often. 

• Love 2

Does Mohamed creep anyone else out? There is something gross about him. 

Veronika and her whole family are gorgeous. 

I feel bad for Walter. He always looks so sad all the time. I think Katie isn't excited to marry Walter because she's afraid that if they ever do get divorced, he might take half of what she worked hard for. 

• Love 3

Save the dates have been a thing my entire life and I am old. Most of the people I know use it as a soft invite where you can easily say "sorry, I have booked this or that" before the go to all the expense of a full invite on people, so it certainly isn't just for the upper echelon.

What is up with Veronika's eyebrow? People tell me I have an expressive face but her eyebrow doing the kick up freaks me out. 

I like Katie because she told Tania to her face the same thing she said to Shiva and Shauna that the tension was about her wedding and the like of invites. I also feel the same way about children as she does. 

• Love 2
On 5/29/2017 at 9:00 PM, Suzy123 said:

I feel bad for Walter. He always looks so sad all the time. I think Katie isn't excited to marry Walter because she's afraid that if they ever do get divorced, he might take half of what she worked hard for. 

I agree - Mo does have a significant creep factor.

Maybe Walter just has sad eyes, I'm not sure - it does seem as if producers picked a bunch of relationships on shaky ground - Veronika's husband won't even speak on camera.

Interesting scenes with the three lovely sisters - Veronika should listen!

• Love 2
On 5/12/2017 at 1:29 PM, jumper sage said:

Yes it is odd, no?  I knew it was Lamas but I had to squint to see it was him.  The man has aged and is so whiny.

Really - he doesn't seem like much of a catch, no wonder Shawna has regrets.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 5/29/2017 at 10:00 PM, Suzy123 said:

It is the bad lace front wig! 

Really enjoy the show. The women's relationships feel genuine and the plot line last night (the security guard) was novel in the genre.

I don't know that Katie is truly in love with Walter, she made  a couple of comments which made me wonder hard.

Shiva and her brothers are gorgeous. 

Is she really financially independent from Mohamed, though?

I don't know anything about the Tania girl, but I would like for her to explain how to make money off Instagram and the like. (Unless she is hooking ;-)).

Veronika while very pretty is not the nicest woman ... maybe she was truly unhappy with her ho of a husband at the time...

1.5 million for a house in Bel Air? Does she live in a condo?

are the Lamas still together?

how did she make money before the acting, is she some type of a model?

She seems like a sweet person. I can't believe that she was a surrogate for that nasty dude and his wife.

Edited by LIMOM
  • Love 1
On 6/3/2017 at 0:58 PM, Kokapetl said:

I don't think Mohamed will marry Shiva for anything less than a RHOBH special episode. 

I don't think he'll ever marry her. He doesn't need to, there are plenty of Shiva's out there who would be ok if marriage isn't part of the promise.

I think that is why Shiva won't leave him. She enjoys too much what Mohammed is willing to give her.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, LIMOM said:

It is the bad lace front wig! 

Really enjoy the show. The women's relationships feel genuine and the plot line last night (the security guard) was novel in the genre.

I don't know that Katie is truly in love with Walter, she made  a couple of comments which made me wonder hard.

Shiva and her brothers are gorgeous. 

Is she really financially independent from Mohamed, though?

I don't know anything about the Tania girl, but I would like for her to explain how to make money off Instagram and the like. (Unless she is hooking ;-)).

Veronika while very pretty is not the nicest woman ... maybe she was truly unhappy with her ho of a husband at the time...

1.5 million for a house in Bel Air? Does she live in a condo?

She seems like a sweet person. I can't believe that she was a surrogate for that nasty dude and his wife.

I'd like to know more about Shiva too..im nosey. Like where and who are her parents,  who was her ex husband. Did she ever work???

• Love 1

I like the show, the girls seem genuine. I especially  like the friendships between Shiva, Katie and Veronica. Shawna seems very sweet too. The other two I can do without. The editing is a hot mess . You can tell it's being spliced together because things just aren't flowing correctly. Is this affair that Veronica is talking about the same one that lasted a year and they decided to work it out or is this a new affair since then? And the "security" guy in the backyard? Cmon. How did he get back there? I highly doubt you can just stroll into their backyard and why in Gods name would that idiot Tania think she needed extra protection at Mohammad Hadid house? They should get rid of her. She ruins the otherwise nice vibe of the relationships. 

• Love 6

Everyone and their mother's know that Shiva is with Mohamed for his money. Mohamed knows and Shiva knows, even though she keeps telling herself that she is not. Why would she be with someone who is over 30 years older and almost 70?

I feel Katie doesn't really love Walter, but is with him because he is her safety net. If one of businesses fails, Walter is there to save her. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Suzy123 said:

I feel Katie doesn't really love Walter, but is with him because he is her safety net. If one of businesses fails, Walter is there to save her. 

I love Walter enough for all of us, he seems so down-to-earth and good-natured

• Love 6
9 hours ago, lauralu said:

I like the show, the girls seem genuine. I especially  like the friendships between Shiva, Katie and Veronica. Shawna seems very sweet too. The other two I can do without. The editing is a hot mess . You can tell it's being spliced together because things just aren't flowing correctly. Is this affair that Veronica is talking about the same one that lasted a year and they decided to work it out or is this a new affair since then? And the "security" guy in the backyard? Cmon. How did he get back there? I highly doubt you can just stroll into their backyard and why in Gods name would that idiot Tania think she needed extra protection at Mohammad Hadid house? They should get rid of her. She ruins the otherwise nice vibe of the relationships. 

Agreed - nasty Tania has to go.

• Love 5
(edited)
On 6/5/2017 at 5:25 AM, LIMOM said:

She was a surrogate for Lorenzo's daughter - some pics:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3198962/Lorenzo-Lamas-beams-wife-Shawna-Craig-shows-post-baby-body-LA-outing-served-daughter-Shayne-s-surrogate-miracle-birth.html

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Well Nik Richie is a nasty asshole, so the poster was not incorrect.

Thanks that is what I was referring to.

Edited by LIMOM
  • Love 1

I only have 1 problem with this episode..in this day and age..i hardly doubt they would confront a guy..sitting in the dark..stalkerish... especially in a gated neighborhood.  Then..let him walk thru the house.  I would be screaming for security...i would be running for the hills..

• Love 1

Tania nicely fills the role of the pretentious one in the group that oversells what she does, who she says and thinks that if there's a problem, it's obviously the other person's fault. She took it to the next level when when she brought Veronica's marriage into the argument. This girl really brought security? Talk about doing the most, haha. 

Lorenzo seems like a real asshole. 

Veronica...I feel for her. She's such a gorgeous woman and given her husband's history, it's less likely that his infidelity has anything to do with him feeling like she's not giving him enough, but rather he just likes the attention from women. He sees her as something he's already conquered and now it's on to the next. Michael clearly doesn't want to talk about his fuck up on camera and be seen asking his wife to forgive him but apologizing on national TV for something you did isn't anywhere near as embarrassing as finding out with the rest of the social media world that your husband is fucking around on you while you're busy busting your ass working at his practice and raising his 6 children. He's not worth it. 

I call suspect with Shiva saying that she isn't financially dependent on Mohamed. Financial independence is relative to your lifestyle. Do I believe she makes enough money to survive on her own without Mohamed? Sure. Do I believe that she would live the same extravagant lifestyle and afford the same luxuries. Hell no. I thought it was hilarious that Shiva thought she was roughing it up by camping in her backyard.

• Love 3
On 6/6/2017 at 10:43 PM, biakbiak said:

Well Nik Richie is a nasty asshole, so the poster was not incorrect.

The previews show Lamas saying "they" will want another baby, suggesting that Shawna do it again - I guess she's just a receptacle of one kind or another for him and his spawn. Happy to hear that marriage is over!

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

is it just me or does Katie remind anyone else of drew Barrymore? 

Yup!  I posted that too on another thread. Both in looks and voice.

• Love 2

Seems like she has too much filler in her lips...they move weird..but she and Shiva are my imaginary BFFS.

My ex boyfriend (current friend) is a serious producer in LA ( won a grammy a few years ago for Celine Dion's album).

He is friends with Walter and says he is a really great guy.  They remind me so much of each other, like quiet computer nerds but in the music biz.

Trying to figure out the timeline for this show.  My friend Jeff remebers them filing this, and was surprised they are finally airing this.   I didnt want to be a weirdo and grill him for more deets.

Shiva's photoshoot was in 2016, but High Societea opened in 2013?

Also Walter's Streisand tour was in 2016

• Love 2

Lemme get this straight : Lorenzo marries wife #16 just so she can be a surrogate for his daughter.  Twice (if he had his way).  Douche.

Mohammed puts off marriage to Shiva yet again by giving her emerald jewelry and building her a new McMansion.  Oh, and promising she will "die a Hadid".  He's either going to kill her on their wedding night or marry her on his deathbed, when the marriage can be annulled because of his diminished capacity.

Veronica finally finds her backbone and files for divorce.  I hope she has a really good lawyer.

Katie turns Tania away from her party for not RSVPing.  Fly away on your broom, Tania.

• Love 1