Type keyword(s) to search

Blood Drive - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I get what this show is trying to do, but it doesn't quite work. What is the point of the sex and nudity if Syfy is just going to put a black rectangle over it. Plus, all the sex is the usual routine boring mechanical pumping which makes it impossible to believe that the women are enjoying it. I also noticed that there was the safe two women kissing, but no male same sex action.

Chris, the black partner, has a kick ass body. I might have enjoyed the show more if he was the lead. From the previews, it seems like he lives a bit longer so I suppose that is something.

There is nothing else on so I might watch the next episode. I would like to hear the reason that the cars are fueled by blood.

1 hour ago, SimoneS said:

I did laugh my head off at the hotline number at end for anyone had any complaints about the show: DGAF. I wonder if anyone called it.

The show has one hell of a sense of humor.  Did anyone else catch the recruitment poster for the police?  "Contra Crime".  It said:  "We kill because we care."

• Love 1

I tried it, and this is just not for me.  I understand the "genre" having seen the Tarantino movies in this same vein.. I get the fake commercials, etc.. but I think I am just too old to appreciate the efforts.

I was seeing a lot of potential in the show and was really into it until Arthur made a big show of helping the cheerleaders yet decides to trust a clear psychopath and doesn't bother to at least untie the cheerleaders. That was so dumb I almost turned it off. I can enjoy silly and over-the-top (hi, Z Nation!), but I'm less tolerant of stupid. As long as the show keeps dumb, pointlessly mean shit like what happened to the cheerleaders at a minimum I'll give it another chance.

The acting's not so great but it hasn't made me cringe, and I like the actor playing Slink, he's pretty fun to watch.

Also, I love the montage of Heart products that flashed across the screen after Arthur read Slink's business card.

• Love 2

I feel like a dirtbag for enjoying myself so much watching this! Its really funny though if you dont mind how violently bloody and crazy it is. I agree about what happened to the cheerleaders being really mean but it comes with the territory he did say he wont kill them just like how they cant kill each other but everything else is fair game. I knew it was coming but it was still sad. The rest of the violence i was cool with though so like i said dirtbag.

I like how meta it is though so at least they point out how crazy blood drive is! The "good cop" had the best reactions to everything i didnt even blink at. I have a feeling that slink will be one of my favourite characters though since he is the one "guiding" the shows crazyness. The actress that plays grace is amazing so confident using how sexed up she is to "win the race" ...and not die! Also badass fighter and funny! Its crazy to me how she can do just about anything the character does with a straight face!

All in all just fun in a super crazy way!

• Love 2

I didn't mind what happened with the cheerleaders. I actually thought it was kind of disturbingly funny.  What made me think twice was the sexathon at the end of the race.  I guess I am a sex prude.  Gratuitous violence I am cool.  A guy having sex in a car with a girl and I grab me some pearls.  

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Chaos Theory said:

I didn't mind what happened with the cheerleaders. I actually thought it was kind of disturbingly funny.  What made me think twice was the sexathon at the end of the race.  I guess I am a sex prude.  Gratuitous violence I am cool.  A guy having sex in a car with a girl and I grab me some pearls.  

Ha! I was prepared for what the "gentleman" was gonna do to be funny but i donno describing it to me was worse than seeing him do it for some reason. And the sex to me isnt anything since no nudity. Tv censorship is messed up they can hack people to bits say fuck a million times but nipple and dick no way thats too far!

• Love 2

I enjoyed it overall. Hopefully Barbie is a little less straight laced going forward but I trust Alan Ritchson. I do like that each episode will be a different grindhouse genre. Too many shows treat episodes only as chapters.

Another fun episode.  Loved the cannibals.  Plus the guy who was killing everyone but rescued the puppy in the car.  Loved the waitress.  I thought she stole the episode.  

Seriously Arthur you actually thought you were going to arrest a guy.  Silly cop.

"Heart Industries. Please Hold."

The Slink scenes were great too.   I actually thought it was hilarious that he killed the guy who was going to be the new head of mainenance.  So who is going to clean up the mess he just made...you know killing a guy.   Its also interesting that Slink isn't actually in charge.  Interesting and scary.

So what....robots are running the world then....with morally questionable fuel alternatives.  Because I would be ok with that.   

• Love 1

I'd actually been toying with the idea that Slink might turn out to be Satan. Nope. He's just another cog in the big evil corporate machine.

The problem with Rib Bone adopting Caligula is that now I have to care what happens to him. There isn't enough expendable competition any more. I mean, Fat Elvis is already dead, The Gentleman and The Scholar are obviously meant to stick around as recurring characters, so... who the hell is left? Just Clown Dick?

Oh, I know perfectly well we'll see carnage aplenty among non racers. But I feel like the race itself should have a higher death toll. Is that wrong?

So much fun! Grace is hilarious so many one liners! The so hungry she could eat a dick and all the callbacks to it were jokes. Also what a weirdly good moment at the end of her finding out about her sister and the assholes driving by saying filthy comments about her in her underwear i felt bad for her i guess time and place for dick jokes.

Then theres all the stupid stuff i laugh at like the guy slipping and falling into the grinder cause he didnt mop the floor like the other guy told him too. And arthur falling for the answering machine stupidness and then finding out that he already fell for it before and told him to change it ha! So stupid...but fun.

31 minutes ago, CletusMusashi said:

The problem with Rib Bone adopting Caligula is that now I have to care what happens to him. There isn't enough expendable competition any more. I mean, Fat Elvis is already dead, The Gentleman and The Scholar are obviously meant to stick around as recurring characters, so... who the hell is left? Just Clown Dick?

Oh, I know perfectly well we'll see carnage aplenty among non racers. But I feel like the race itself should have a higher death toll. Is that wrong?

Ha i dont think its wrong it gives the blood drive a sense of danger i wouldnt like it as much if all the drivers were safe. Hopefully they introduce new joke racers (fat elvis clown dick) every once in a while and i think they might seeing as caligula got one of those introductions this week. I think the only ones left are rib bone, clown dick, gentleman and scholar, and the married couple (dom and something). But i agree only like clown dick seems expendable now so hopefully they introduce more joke racers so that the racers that are recurring dont have to die too much. The married couple set up seems too funny for them to be offed the first episode they are gonna be featured in but who knows i didnt didnt think fat elvis was gonna be killed so quick either.

• Love 1

Well, I guess if you're deciding who to eat, the people named "Rib Bone" and "Fat Elvis" are the most obvious targets. And Rib Bone doesn't die so easily. He kind of reminds me of Sandor Clegane.

Even though the dog makes him more sympathetic to me, I'm not completely sure how much plot armor it gives. This is easily the kind of show that would have a puppy killed by a falling piano or something, just to be unexpected.

(edited)

The one thing I wasn't clear about is if the waitress (who I thought came close to stealing the episode - sorry Slink) hit out alive.  

So...is that how Elvis died?  Is literally a joke that came out of my mouth.  

Rib Bone saving a dogs life fits under a nice charcter development but I still don't care if he dies painfully at this point.  Liking animals is cute but not enough for me to care about a character.    

I think there is at least one other team that we met in the pilot.  A man and a woman who looked like a married couple but don't quote me on that.

Edited by Chaos Theory
56 minutes ago, Chaos Theory said:

The one thing I wasn't clear about is if the waitress (who I thought came close to stealing the episode - sorry Slink) hit out alive.  

I think the last we saw of her was arthur locking her in the freezer to "keep her safe".

2 hours ago, CletusMusashi said:

Well, I guess if you're deciding who to eat, the people named "Rib Bone" and "Fat Elvis" are the most obvious targets. And Rib Bone doesn't die so easily. He kind of reminds me of Sandor Clegane.

Even though the dog makes him more sympathetic to me, I'm not completely sure how much plot armor it gives. This is easily the kind of show that would have a puppy killed by a falling piano or something, just to be unexpected.

I could totally see that happening! And i would be sadder about caligula than rib bone to be honest!

• Love 1

You'd think vehicles that run on (human) blood wouldn't waste so much of it when refueling. But then again, they're evil blood-fueled vehicles.

Apparently, fracking cracked open a hellmouth right through the middle of the country.

I am loving this show.....the scene with Slink trying to communicate with that receptionist cracked me up. Really liking the Scholar and I am ashamed to admit I found Rib bone kinda attractive when he was cuddling that sweet little Caligula. 

I am really digging this show! I've been a fan of Skillet for years and enjoyed how they used "Back From the Dead" to kick off the race. Grace is gorgeous and a total bad ass reminiscent of Planet Terrors Cherry Darling. Rib Bone might provide some comic relief, Slink is entertaining, and I am fascinated by the Scholar. So far I'm hooked.

Once again I don't have any complaints about the show....but I do have a few notes.

Loved the Steel City storyline with a the corporate nonsense.   Of course Heart Industry would be involved in some way with the green eyed monsters.

My favorite part though was the serial killing couple in marriage crisis.  I thought they were great.  I think I like them more then the Gentleman and the Scholar.  I hope they survive a good long time.

Anlther fun episode.  

• Love 1

Well that's the end of Clown Dick.... good riddance. Glad we got to see some of the story behind the married couple.

Another fun epidode, looking forward to next week. Slink continues to crack me up and he is such a snazzy dresser.

I have developed a soft spot for the Scholar and wish he could somehow ditch the Gentleman as his partner and join up with Grace and Arthur...I'd hate to see him go. Last week I was crushing on Rib Bone after he rescued that sweet little Caligula so he can stick around for a while. 

Christopher is sexy as hell.....two thumbs up!

Jonathan was hilarious! His reactions to the notes were awesome! Now theres too much Arthur and Grace ha!

The married couple were amazing! Tone..yes dear. I also hope they last a long time ive never seen dom anywhere before but featherstone (cliff) was great in this.

I wonder which racers they are gonna kill next seeing as to me all the expendable ones are gone!

• Love 1

I guess the loony entourage, including the Suck Bus (Succubus?), passed up Pixie Swallow so they could continue to travel to the 3rd finishing spot. Otherwise, how are they supposed to be there to meet those who are actually, well, racing? Slink, though, must have a blood-fueled plane at his disposal.

I liked it when the Team Leader slapped on the Old Spice before he went to the Supervisor.

Synergy!

• Love 1

A suggary snack that keeps you thin.  Insanity is a small price to pay.  Plus good drugs....

Poor Christopher things keep getting worse for him.

We find out how Grace got involved in the Blood Drive which was interesting.  And we also get Arthur out of his uniform if only for a moment.

Rib Bone clocks  the asylum in like  two seconds which I found hilarious .  

Good episode. 

Dies Slink want Grace to be the next Primo which is why he doesn't want Rib Bone to kill her.  There are easier ways to get drivers but having someone like Grace....on the cusps of something might have intriguied Slink.

Why did Arthur put his uniform back on after sneaking through the hospital in his undies & belt on his head?

He's such a prude. 

Loved the asylum. The plushy heads (bunny and bear crashing into the wall) and all the other creepy things/people running around. 

Another great episode! That asylum was pretty damn terrifying...that puppeteer/marionette contraption was really disturbing.

RIP Rib Bone....as twisted as you were you were beautiful to me. I cracked up when he barked "your candy bowel is empty" and smacked the lunatic at the front desk over the head with the it. The way he carried Caligula around in that sling made me smile and the closing scene with him and Patches was hilarious.

Grace is absolutely gorgeous. The scene  when she was approaching the Primo and shoved that topless chick out of the way was great. DJ Slink was awesome! 

The Christopher scenes are getting to me.. enough with the torture.

Looking forward to next week even though the suck bus is kinda icky.

On 7/5/2017 at 11:10 PM, Chaos Theory said:

Those scenes are getting old for me. Every time we switched back to him, I felt the episode's pacing took a hit.

On 7/6/2017 at 10:16 AM, 17wheatthins said:

Why did Arthur put his uniform back on after sneaking through the hospital in his undies & belt on his head?

Also, where was he carrying it? Or did he go all the way back to where he left it?

• Love 1

The way they were hiding the face of the Primo Grace was trying to impress in the flashback seemed like they want to set up a shocking twist when they finally show him. My immediate reaction is that it is because he is the spitting image of Arthur, or even that he is Arthur much to Arthur's shock and disbelief. But then we would need a reason why Grace hasn't said anything about it. Maybe they have both been mindf****d already by (Wolfram &)Heart Enterprises - for the evulz.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Terrafamilia said:

The way they were hiding the face of the Primo Grace was trying to impress in the flashback seemed like they want to set up a shocking twist when they finally show him. My immediate reaction is that it is because he is the spitting image of Arthur, or even that he is Arthur much to Arthur's shock and disbelief. But then we would need a reason why Grace hasn't said anything about it. Maybe they have both been mindf****d already by (Wolfram &)Heart Enterprises - for the evulz.

I have been thinking the same thing and more that the race like everything else isn't what is appears to be.    I am thinking Grace and Arthur for different reasons have been mind wiped and the teaming up is the first thing Heart Industry hasn't controlled.

Oh Christopher your luck just keeps sucking doesn't it?  ITs always the 20 million dollar eyeball that gets you.  You really should have gone with Power Bottom instead of security guard to get into the "Hall of Secrets."  Its probably more to your strengths anyway.

Heh.  Incest twins have to incest in order to stop a sex plague (why is it always a sex plague).   Loved Grace kneeing Arthur in the junk to get is attention.  

Of course Slink enjoyed getting punched by Grace more then getting kissed by one of the incest twins.   

Arthur did look like he was having fun pretending to be Slink there for a moment.  Slink might not be completely wrong about Arthur and his dark side.

Another fun episode.  

Finally Christopher is out of that torture chamber, thank goodness. I wasn't a fan of the specimen gathering scenes. Got a good laugh out of the " the fastest way to pay off your debt is with a job" line. A mail clerk working off a 20 million dollar debt.. not likely. 

Slink continues to entertain. Arthur did a lousy job as MC but it was pretty hilarious how he slugged that elderly woman who happened to be at the mayhem party then held up her walker as a trophy....WTF was she doing there anyway? 

The suck bus scenes were kinda icky, especially the window splatters, but I'm still loving this show! Two thumbs up.

• Love 1

This show so fucked up. Any other work in the history of fiction where the main protagonist in order to find a cure for sex zombies has to seduce a pair of siblings to have sex with each other? I feel like I should be on a list somewhere just typing that. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, loki567 said:

This show so fucked up. Any other work in the history of fiction where the main protagonist in order to find a cure for sex zombies has to seduce a pair of siblings to have sex with each other? I feel like I should be on a list somewhere just typing that. 

I'm pretty sure I've read Supernatural fan fiction along those lines, only without a third party to talk the siblings into it...

I was kind of surprised that after the nudity warning, I didn't actually see any. I mean the sex zombie infection was hella suggestive with people writhing and oozing day-glo fluids everywhere, but it looked like everyone kept their underwear on for it. That is the first time I recall hearing the F word unbleeped on SyFy, though.

• Love 1

This show is fucked up but it is entertaining fucked up.  If that makes any sense.  If anything crossed the line it was last weeks fisting of Christopher.  This week was tame in comparison.   

At least we got an answer to how Slink gets around so quickly.   

The humor of the show is also incredibly twisted but again in a humorous way if you have a mind for sick sexual humor.  All the people who had access to the "Hall of Secrets" included Power Bottoms.  

Once again Slink alluded to the fact Arthur has a dark side.  

If anyone has access to twitter Blood Drive has a site that is extremely funny @Smaxcandy 

(edited)
On 7/6/2017 at 11:10 AM, Chaos Theory said:

Pretty twisted sexual torture for poor Christopher. Did that evil woman punch f**k his arsehole with her fist? That is gonna hurt! 

Edited by talktalk

Is it weird that I think Domi might be the perfect woman?

So how much sex did it take for Christopher to get that security job?   

The Amazon plot was not as entertaining as some of the others but it was worth it hysterical to see Grace and Nomi rampaging.

• Love 1

Loving Cliff and Domi.. his use of Morse code was hilarious. Can we get a lot more of them?

I doubt Karma is actually dead, that seemed to come out of nowhere.

I  would've preferred  more Slink and less of Christopher and his nymphomaniac Android. 

Missing the Scholar, he's been MIA for the past few episodes, and would've liked for Rib Bone to have stuck around a lot longer instead of the background racers who weren't important enough to name. 

Still loving this show, two thumbs-up!

• Love 1

How long ago was Karma transferred from Kane Hill, a few weeks? And in that time she led an inmate revolt and Carolina set up a whole feral Amazon spa society, complete with religion founded in her memory?

• Love 3
(edited)

A part of me is now hoping Domi and Cliff win the whole thing.   Grace and Arthur can take out Heart Industries all they want.

i would do watch a spin off of Domi and Cliff in the early days of their relationship when the murdering together was fresh and new.

Edited by Chaos Theory
13 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

If a racer dies on the road, wouldn't that racer come in last and all the other racers be spared a head explosion?

Makes sense. If Slink wants to get a full season of shows produced.

Not one of my favorite episodes. There wasn't much background into where the extreme man hate came from. I'm not buying a female religion where all men must pay for the crimes of the asshole men in the world. None of these young and gorgeous women want a boyfriend? Such a powerful passionate belief . All that hate and torture against another gender for wrongdoing as if no female in history has ever behaved badly.