Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E24: The Long Distance Dissonance

(edited)

I don't think ugly ugly, but they covered her up sometimes too much. Sometimes Bernadette looks more girly and nice in her clothes than Penny.

And please don't make Penny wear that weird hair-tail-bun-whatever - she was so prettier in this episode when she had her hair down.

edit - plain. yes, they made Penny not ugly, but just plain. (still pretty, I agree, but could be prettier)

Edited by Snow Fairy
13 hours ago, Nordly Beaumont said:

I noticed in this episode Howard ate several bites of food. Made me wonder if Simon Helberg skipped lunch or something. There were two different scenes when he took bites of pasta. Maybe it was really good pasta.

Maybe he's bucking for an Emmy.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

plain. yes, they made Penny not ugly, but just plain. (still pretty, I agree, but could be prettier)

True. She looks better in her recent Priceline ads. There have been at least a couple of episodes remarking on how Leonard is letting himself go now that he is married. The producers may have in mind that Penny would be doing the same.

On 5/21/2017 at 0:34 AM, Nordly Beaumont said:

I noticed in this episode Howard ate several bites of food. Made me wonder if Simon Helberg skipped lunch or something. There were two different scenes when he took bites of pasta. Maybe it was really good pasta.

It has been claimed that the food is good and the cast really do eat some of it, but I think a lot depends on when a particular scene is filmed and how many prior takes there were. It's normal to shoot similar scenes together, so if there are multiple scenes in the cafeteria or dining in the living room, nobody's going to be eating by the end.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, AnnaRose said:

I've been thinking how great Penny's been looking lately.

Absolutely.  But then I never thought there was a time when she didn't look great.  I even liked her short hair look!  I did love the way they had the characters all comment on that haircut a few episodes back.  It was a nice touch.

• Love 5
(edited)
On 5/20/2017 at 0:53 PM, Snow Fairy said:

And why are they always drinking bottled water?

I think shows like to have actors grab bottles out of the fridge to have something to do.  If they don't show the grabbing, then I don't know the answer.

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse
8 minutes ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

If they don't show the grabbing, then I don't know the answer.

It probably keeps their mouths from drying out speaking under the hot lights. And product placement isn't just for big-ticket items like cars.

4 hours ago, BlossomCulp said:

Absolutely.  But then I never thought there was a time when she didn't look great.  I even liked her short hair look!  I did love the way they had the characters all comment on that haircut a few episodes back.  It was a nice touch.

I loved everything about that whole scene!  It was one of my favorite little bits of the season.  Penny's reaction was so great!

• Love 2
18 hours ago, BlossomCulp said:

I even liked her short hair look!  I did love the way they had the characters all comment on that haircut a few episodes back.  It was a nice touch.

I kind of took that as an admission that her cutting her hair short was a mistake.  None of the other characters liked it, as I recall.  She just looks better with long hair, and she still looks young enough to pull it off, so why not?  The long hair also is consistent with her "hottie" character, even though she's into her 30s now.

• Love 2
On 5/22/2017 at 11:59 AM, LoneHaranguer said:

It has been claimed that the food is good and the cast really do eat some of it, but I think a lot depends on when a particular scene is filmed and how many prior takes there were. It's normal to shoot similar scenes together, so if there are multiple scenes in the cafeteria or dining in the living room, nobody's going to be eating by the end.

I'd love to eat Asian food as many times a week as they seem to.

On 5/29/2017 at 6:47 PM, useryikes said:

I guess I'm in the minority - I liked Penny's short hair.  

I'm going to take a guess and say you are female.  Not trying to be some sort of jackass, I've just noticed that the vast, vast majority of men think women look prettier with long hair.  

I will say that one of the scenes Penny looked her best in was when she had short hair.  It was when she, Amy, and Bernadette went to Vegas and they got drunk and kept bothering her while she was trying to study.  So the next morning she got up and opened the curtains and let the bright light in on them while they were hungover.  Penny was wearing a red bikini with a skirt and she looked incredible.  I doubt that many people were looking at her hair though.

On 2017-5-31 at 11:55 PM, rmontro said:

I'm going to take a guess and say you are female.  Not trying to be some sort of jackass, I've just noticed that the vast, vast majority of men think women look prettier with long hair.  

You are correct.  I think women feel shorter hair is more chic.  Penny is very pretty & can pull of short hair.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, useryikes said:

You are correct.  I think women feel shorter hair is more chic.  Penny is very pretty & can pull of short hair.

Penny looks about 1000 times hotter with long hair, IMO.  I'll tell you someone who does look good with short hair though, that girl who plays Aice in the Twillight movies, Ashley Greene.  I think, generally speaking, that brunettes can usually pull off short hair better than blondes - they look more sultry for some reason, not sure why.

• Love 1
(edited)

Penny may look hotter with long hair but that doesn't mean she looked like an elderly hag with short hair - and that's a comment I heard thrown about, or some variation on that theme, a lot!  So ridiculous.  Like we've discussed elsewhere women can't win.  If Kaley Couco keeps acting and dressing like 22 she's going to get crap, if she tries to grow up and start acting and dressing like 32, or dares to try and change her appearance with shorter hair she's still going to get crap - and told she's an old crone (sheesh!!!).  Man you must have to have awfully thick skin to survive in Hollywood!!

Edited by CherryAmes
  • Love 6

I agree that Penny looks 1,000 times hotter with long hair but the association between hair length and age is kind of going passé now as more older women successfully rock the longer hair (like myself).  I'll be 59 in a few months and everyone I know would stage a revolt if I cut it.  I think it has more to do with face shape and other factors as to who can get away with long hair and who looks better with it short.  Anyway, I saw a video interview with Kaley that she cut her hair because she had a role over the hiatus that season that called for short hair.   But I think once the BBT fans saw her short 'do, most of them wanted her to grow it back.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, CherryAmes said:

Penny may look hotter with long hair but that doesn't mean she looked like an elderly hag with short hair - and that's a comment I heard thrown about, or some variation on that theme, a lot!  So ridiculous. 

I agree she didn't look like an elderly hag.  But that just goes to show how passionate a lot of men are about women and long hair.  Some seem to take it as a personal affront if a woman cuts her hair short.

5 hours ago, Snarklepuss said:

I agree that Penny looks 1,000 times hotter with long hair but the association between hair length and age is kind of going passé now as more older women successfully rock the longer hair (like myself).  I'll be 59 in a few months and everyone I know would stage a revolt if I cut it.  I think it has more to do with face shape and other factors as to who can get away with long hair and who looks better with it short.

I know a lot of older women with long hair, and I think it looks great, so kudos to you.  I guess shorter hair is associated with being older.  Not sure if it's a matter of not wanting to be accused of "trying to look young".  Some think older women who cut their hair short have "given up", and don't want to put in the hassle and effort of maintaining all that hair.  Personally, I think as long as you wear it down to your shoulders, it still looks feminine.

• Love 1
On 6/6/2017 at 0:14 PM, rmontro said:

I agree she didn't look like an elderly hag.  But that just goes to show how passionate a lot of men are about women and long hair.  Some seem to take it as a personal affront if a woman cuts her hair short.

I know a lot of older women with long hair, and I think it looks great, so kudos to you.  I guess shorter hair is associated with being older.  Not sure if it's a matter of not wanting to be accused of "trying to look young".  Some think older women who cut their hair short have "given up", and don't want to put in the hassle and effort of maintaining all that hair.  Personally, I think as long as you wear it down to your shoulders, it still looks feminine.

I didn't really like Penny's short hair. She was still pretty, but it just did not suit her face. It takes a certain kind of face to make that look work (think Alice Cullen from "Twilight"--her short hair was adorable). Just didn't work for Penny.

• Love 3

I think her hair looked really cute, and really suited her when it was starting to grow out but still wasn't long.  It was curly and made her look younger than the long hair does IMO.  Not that she looks old now!

• Love 5

When I was a kid in the 70's my mother made me have a short pixie cut, and I had no choice in the matter, which was a bit traumatic, so to this day I hate short hair.  I thought Kailee looked great with her short hair, however. 

Back to topic:  I still think that they will write it so Amy refuses Sheldon's proposal because he proposed out of some sort of fear.  This would show Amy's character growth from the desperate girl she used to be.  Then, over the course of next season, Sheldon would grow in order to show himself worthy of Amy. 

• Love 1
(edited)
On 5/15/2017 at 7:00 PM, LoneHaranguer said:

AKA Kate Micucci, the "Oates" of Garfunkel and Oates, with "Ramona" being the other half. I preferred Creepy Emily, but both were pretty one-dimensional.

I love Garfunkel and Oates. Their music is awesome, and funny.

Fun fact, Garfunkel and Oates wrote the "Ode to Bernadette" that Howard sang while Bernie was quarantined after being exposed to a raccoon virus in season 7...or was it 6? Anyway..

Edited by fliptopbox
  • Love 3

Very late replying but I've always assumed they have characters drink from bottles for continuity.  If they are drinking from glasses, they have to refill each time they shoot some aspect of a scene. 

Loved this episode - my favorite line was when Raj pointed out he hadn't played the race card yet as a reason why Ramona had rejected him. 

• Love 2