Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E23: Love Hurts

• Start Topic

In the season finale, a new hotshot doctor arrives at Chicago Med causing competition for Dr. Rhodes. Dr. Halstead and Dr. Manning work together to diagnose a Syrian refugee without a medical record. When Robin is admitted back into the hospital for more complications, Dr. Reese takes a different approach to her treatment. Distracted from work because of Robin's worsening case, Dr. Charles is challenged by Goodwin and Noah hosts a graduation party that brings everyone together.

Honestly, I get why Connor has some blame in what happened to Robin, but I was more pissed off at Dr. Charles blaming him for what happened to Robin. I think my issue here is that up until a week earlier, Dr. Charles was content in believing that Robin was fine and didn't understand UNTIL he saw her place. If he hadn't have seen her place, he might have let her go too and she would have had another episode, regardless. So him acting all high and mighty just makes him look bad. Connor may have made the wrong choice and he may have been rude to Dr. Charles, but he's not a psychiatrist. Sure, he's a doctor, but he doesn't know the signs of psychosis like Dr. Charles and Sarah do. He couldn't have known that this would have happened, especially since this was her first really major psychotic episode. 

That being said, it took them this long to consider something other than psychosis? I really hope this is the end of Pissy Charles. He's just been a bundle of suck for most of the season. Also, he didn't even bother to page Connor before Robin's surgery? At least have a nurse let him know what was going on? Luckily Connor finished his surgery and was going to visit her. 

Man, Manning sucks. Her snide comment about Will/Nina at the beginning ("Oh, so you two are happy?" is rude underneath fake niceness) and it just kept getting worse. Will's no treasure either. "Why'd you cut your hair?" Does there have to be a reason for it? Obviously there is, but it is none of your damn business. She's not your property. Now that Will's back in Natalie's orbit, he's turning into a self centered jackass. I guess this is the end of Will following the rules and going by the book. Last season, it was really just him. This season, he showed that he had potential to be better if he's not around Natalie. 

Also, Will, you have no idea if Natalie has feelings for you? Did you miss the conversation where Natalie said that they had something special? Is that red hair dye seeping through his head into his brain? 

Noah can go screw off. I HATE that we're stuck with him, and I HATE that Splendorkable and her broke up. That being said, he really is better when he's not being a doctor. The graduation party was a nice idea. Also, when did Splendorkable and Sarah break up? Did I miss something? Also, no show. Having Splendorkable moving on with another chick does not make me root for Sarah/Noah at all. 

New doctor Becker? Still unsure about her, to be honest. I imagine she's Connor's new love interest, which means my dream of Nina/Connor is fading. This is also the very first episode where I was annoyed at Connor. 

April? You didn't "just" break up with Tate. I assume it's been at least two months. Don't use that as an excuse, not that I like the pairing of April/Ethan anyway.

So, the romances for next season include Manstead, Noah/Sarah, Ethan/April, possibly Connor/Becker if Robin doesn't come back, and....Stohl/Maggie? The last one is more questionable and it might just be my paranoia. 

I knew patient Kellogg was going to be trouble at some point. Of course he shot Charles and then killed himself. I figure he'll be just fine, though. Maybe a bit traumatized, but at least he got shot outside of the hospital. 

• Love 7
(edited)

I knew that lunatic would shoot Dr. Charles. Had to have a cliffhanger season finale.

I thought Dr. Latham was a Cardiothoracic surgeon. Why was he operating on Robin. Shouldn't Dr. Abram have done that?

Penis exam! :: snerk:: It was cute when the Troll asked Maggie to dance with him.

Edited by LittleIggy
  • Love 5

what a crazy ending.why did that patient shoot the doctir and then himself. ive been only watching the show for a few weeks so i guesed i missed something.

that doctor was so obssesed about why that woman cut her hair. people cut thei hair

• Love 1
(edited)

I am so pissed off at that ending. I will be even more pissed off if Dr. Charles dies and I'll probably quit watching because he's my fave.

Also. Another thing is that this show is becoming too much like Grey's for my taste (I freaking hate GA)

Edited by Ryan Chamberlain
  • Love 4
(edited)

Ugh. Is that supposed to get me back next season?  Halstead is back to being a jerk, Natalie is flirting with her shiny hair at him (and having her hair get in the way when she's seeing the patient,   Reese broke up with Splendorkable so she can be with Noah, Choi is together with April (majorly less interesting than his Navy girlfriend last season.  Poor Maggie may be stuck with Stohl.  And now we're supposed to think that Rhodes is interested in that arrogant, inappropriate fellow?

Even the guy shooting himself came out of nowhere. I thought he had narcissistic personality disorder.  Narcissists don't shoot themselves, except in the food metaphorically.

2 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

I thought Dr. Latham was a Cardiothoracic surgeon. Why was he operating on Robin. Should Dr. Abram have done that?

Yeah, that made no sense. But it was on a par with the quality of this episode. if the show had been this bad all season, I wouldn't be watching.

Eva is thoroughly unpleasant with her fake South African accent and I hope she's gone next year.  She's rude and inappropriate about Latham, she's rude to the other residents, and she's hitting on Connor when she knows he's in a relationship. What is it about this show, that they think that a woman making a play for a man who is in a relationship is attractive?   Also she looks too much like Reese, it's hard to tell them apart from the back.

2 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Honestly, I get why Connor has some blame in what happened to Robin, but I was more pissed off at Dr. Charles blaming him for what happened to Robin. I think my issue here is that up until a week earlier, Dr. Charles was content in believing that Robin was fine and didn't understand UNTIL he saw her place. If he hadn't have seen her place, he might have let her go too and she would have had another episode, regardless. So him acting all high and mighty just makes him look bad. Connor may have made the wrong choice and he may have been rude to Dr. Charles, but he's not a psychiatrist. Sure, he's a doctor, but he doesn't know the signs of psychosis like Dr. Charles and Sarah do. He couldn't have known that this would have happened, especially since this was her first really major psychotic episode. 

That being said, it took them this long to consider something other than psychosis? I really hope this is the end of Pissy Charles. He's just been a bundle of suck for most of the season. Also, he didn't even bother to page Connor before Robin's surgery? At least have a nurse let him know what was going on? Luckily Connor finished his surgery and was going to visit her. 

Man, Manning sucks. Her snide comment about Will/Nina at the beginning ("Oh, so you two are happy?" is rude underneath fake niceness) and it just kept getting worse. Will's no treasure either. "Why'd you cut your hair?" Does there have to be a reason for it? Obviously there is, but it is none of your damn business. She's not your property. Now that Will's back in Natalie's orbit, he's turning into a self centered jackass. I guess this is the end of Will following the rules and going by the book. Last season, it was really just him. This season, he showed that he had potential to be better if he's not around Natalie.

Yes to all of that. The only thing I see realistic about this whole storyline is that the psychiatrists didn't consider a physical cause because with their drug&talk hammer, everything looks like a mental disorder nail.

How is it that the Manning/Halstead "romance" turns both of them into total jerks?  Manning with her snide remarks and hair-flipping, Halstead with his lies and bad treatment of Nina, who is not only his girlfriend but gave him a home when he needed one.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 6
(edited)

Well I'm happy robin is OK... I hope she comes back and continues to build a relationship with her dad... Connor and maybe Dr.  Reese... Maybe even introduce her mom... That new doctor needs to get punched in the face... Let someone I barely know bring up my dead mother and my girlfriend.. And ima forget how I was raised for a minute... I'm happy for Noah who ppl seem to hate... If he and Sarah got together im sure it would be a fun trainwreck... And apparently this splendorkable whobppl keep going on about like he was some great love seems to have already moved on and looks like his social skills were a bit lacking Good on Dr choi as Noah said hes an awesome doc and has great taste in women.... Poor Nina we all knew it was coming doesn't make it better or right. And thankfully for The last time for a few months... "Ugh Will & Natalie"...you two are the worst will for being a shit boyfriend and not knowing what you want... Screwing over wonderful Nina... And Nat for emotionally crushing Jeff... Playing yoyo with will.. And this epi with the "are you two all right " at the beginning of the epi and then asking Jay.. Thats some level 10 passive aggressive thirst trapping right there. 

Edited by UNOSEZ
  • Love 9
8 minutes ago, UNOSEZ said:

. Thats sime level 10 passive aggressive thirst trapping right there. 

That's it!  That's what bothers me about Natalie & Will together, they potentiate the passive aggressiveness of each other.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, UNOSEZ said:

That new doctor needs to get punched in the face... Let someone I barely know bring up my dead mother and my girlfriend.. And ima forget how I was raised for a minute...

Yeah, pretty much this. Having any potential love interest, both men and women, be rude to said main character, is just not romantic. I first thought that Becker was just very confident and good at her job so I wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt, as there are many times where female doctors/female characters in general are judged for their confidence and abrasiveness. But yeah, she was just plain rude and I hated her last scene with Connor. No, show, I don't find the blatant flirting and rude remarks refreshing. I don't know whether she was able to correctly guess Latham's Asperger's because she has a relative with it, or she has it, or she's just supposed to be "that good". All I know is that Latham's probably going to be choosing Becker's side over Connor's for a few episodes and I'm going to hate it.

• Love 15

I guess Rhodes is getting a new love interest or a triangle.

I liked the party, seemed fun.

April & Choi happened out of nowhere.

I was expecting a cliff of someone dying, so the shooting at end was predictable.

• Love 2
(edited)

Does anyone think that Dr. Charles is really dying?  I'm pretty sure not unless Oliver Platt himself wants to leave the show.

As a cliff-hanger, it was lame.  I forgot about it in my upset at Halstead/Manning and Eva being such an unpleasant character and the teasing with Rhodes.

I hope poor Maggie doesn't have to end up with Stohl.

Edited by statsgirl
18 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Does anything think that Dr. Charles is really dying?  I'm pretty sure not unless Oliver Platt himself wants to leave the show.

As a cliff-hanger, it was lame.  I forgot about it in my upset at Halstead/Manning and Eva being such an unpleasant character and the teasing with Rhodes.

Id like to think Rhodes will be committed to robin as long as shes around... He shot down that resident who was all over him... And id hate for the show to reward such horrible behavior from her... Then again this is the team that gave us manstead

• Love 13
(edited)
1 hour ago, LittleIggy said:

I thought Dr. Latham was a Cardiothoracic surgeon. Why was he operating on Robin. Shouldn't Dr. Abram have done that?

I was confused by this too at first. The scan they showed was of Robin's chest. The tumor was in her thorax, but the immune response to it was affecting her brain.

Edited by mrsbagnet
  • Love 2

It does seem like Will Halstead gets unlikeable every time he gets close to Natalie Manning. The way he broke up with Nina made him seem like a cad. He might as well have said something outright like "you were a nice placeholder till I got a shot at the woman I really wanted."

Dr. Latham was absolutely right and professional to tell Dr. Rhodes he could not assist in Robin's surgery. His straight-talking deadpan delivery can be so effective.

• Love 16
47 minutes ago, mrsbagnet said:

I was confused by this too at first. The scan they showed was of Robin's chest. The tumor was in her thorax, but the immune response to it was affecting her brain.

Thanks. I couldn't figure out why Latham was operating. Guess I didn't see the scan.

• Love 1
(edited)

I agree with mrsbagnet in that since the tumor was in her chest, that is why Latham operated on Robin. Whatever the tumor was secreting was causing her psychosis, so brain surgery wasn't necessary. I don't know why some inflammatory markers weren't checked the first time she was admitted instead of just assuming that she had  a psychotic episode when she had no prior history of it. 

All this relationship drama is getting tedious. Even Sarah and Splendorkable were on the chopping block? And there was absolute no build up with April and Choi- it's as if the writers forgot about him until mid season and then thought it was time for him to get a piece of the Chicago ED action. 

Edited by twoods
  • Love 1
(edited)

In high school we all paired off too! Noah's party was just like Prom without the fancy promposals. I think I hate all these couples. But maybe Natalie can refer Will to her hair person.

Oliver Platt looks unhealthy to me so he'll either come back all recovered and fifty pounds lighter or he'll be on a different show.

South African newbie is just stupid.

So was Robyn not screened for any type of tumor that could cause her symptoms? 

Edited by MakeMeLaugh
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, lor said:

what a crazy ending.why did that patient shoot the doctir and then himself. ive been only watching the show for a few weeks so i guesed i missed something.

that doctor was so obssesed about why that woman cut her hair. people cut thei hair

It's been said when a woman dramatically cuts/changes their hair they're doing it for a change in their life

(edited)
50 minutes ago, MakeMeLaugh said:

But maybe Natalie can refer Will to her hair person.

Let's hope this one good thing comes out of their relationship.

I'm okay with April and Choi as long as things don't get too awkward or cutesy at work. They're both gorgeous, so I'm happy to see them together for completely shallow reasons.

Edited by mrsbagnet
  • Love 4

Yeah, so they really haven't showed me anything that I'll like for next season. I don't like Will/Manning together because Will turns into a jerk and Manning's just....Manning, April/Choi does not interest me because I've had my issues with April, Stohl's kind of annoying (even if I did feel bad for him this episode that he thought that nobody liked him) and all I see is him getting the wrong impression about Maggie's interest in him, Noah's the worst doctor and actually just ok at the outside stuff, but I'm pissed that he's the one that broke up Sarah and Splendorkable so that's a no-go from me, and a love triangle with Eva, Connor, and Robin is stupid. I also know that Dr. Charles won't be dying, so there's no tension there. The only tension is what his mindset will be like for the first two episodes or so.

They gave me no reason to care about next season, especially with Jeff and Nina gone. I mean, Nina could pop back in occasionally, but it won't be anything special. 

If I could build my own season 3, it would start with the hospital burning to the ground and all of them transferring to different hospitals. Connor, Nina, Latham, Choi, Maggie, and Goodwin would be transferred to Hawaii, where we'd have Hawaii Med. Those are legit the only characters that I don't have an intense burning hatred for, or haven't been constantly annoyed with. 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, MakeMeLaugh said:

So was Robyn not screened for any type of tumor that could cause her symptoms? 

The thing she had is incredibly rare.  There have only been about 600 documented cases of it.  There's an old, annoying saying that if you hear hoofbeats, think of horses, not zebras.  This was a zebra.

Also: called it.  Would that diagnosing real patients was this easy.

We've arrived in the Bizarro World where, of the three medical shows set in emergency rooms, Night Shift is actually my favorite.  At least it doesn't pretend to be something other than what it is.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, starri said:

The thing she had is incredibly rare.  There have only been about 600 documented cases of it.  There's an old, annoying saying that if you hear hoofbeats, think of horses, not zebras.  This was a zebra.

Also: called it.  Would that diagnosing real patients was this easy.

We've arrived in the Bizarro World where, of the three medical shows set in emergency rooms, Night Shift is actually my favorite.  At least it doesn't pretend to be something other than what it is.

I thought about your prediction while watching the episode and even gave you props to Mr MML (his response, "What?"), although I was still thinking parasitic.... 

• Love 1

I couldn't get into the Party.  It seemed cruel to me to break up with Nina, just as she's looking forward to leaving work and going to the party.  I would assume that all the guests would have expected to see Will and Nina as a couple there.  THEN they see Will with Natalie dancing and looking all cozy.  Neither of them have any class. So trashy to do that.  Either you show up alone and not cohort with another person or you just send your regrets.  Those two deserve each other.  And yeah, Will's focus on Natalie's haircut was just odd.

Nina, count your blessings and don't look back.  If someone is not into you, it's a blessing you are now free.  I still believe that Natalie got a kick out of taking Will from his girlfriend.  Now, that she has him, she'll likely start having to spend more time at home with her child, not have time to go out and socialize, feel that he's demanding too much from her, etc.  She's insufferable. lol She won't be satisfied,, once she has him. 

Oh, I think that Dr. Charles did ask that Connor be paged, when they discovered what was wrong with Robyn.  He met them in the hall and walked with them while she was being rolled down the hall.  He discussed it with the surgeon before surgery.  I like Dr. Charles.  His behavior is  not as annoying as most on this show.  I hope he survives.  But, if not, so what....at least he escapes this terrible writing.  Oh, does Dr. Charles drive to work? Why was he leaving by walking out the front door?  I'd think that he left through a garage exit to his car.  

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Oh, I think that Dr. Charles did ask that Connor be paged, when they discovered what was wrong with Robyn.  He met them in the hall and walked with them while she was being rolled down the hall

Oh, did he? I just assumed that he hadn't, because the scene before had Connor going down to the ER, finding Robin not there, and demanding where she was.

(edited)
20 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Oh, did he? I just assumed that he hadn't, because the scene before had Connor going down to the ER, finding Robin not there, and demanding where she was.

Yeah, I know that Dr. Charles, said. page Connor.  He met Dr. Charles and the others and was told.  At that moment, you could see that Dr. Charles realized that he had messed up and that his issue with Connor was uncalled for. And that they had to pull together for Robyn's recovery.  At least, that's how I read it.  Even before they had that talk during her surgery. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I couldn't get into the Party.  It seemed cruel to me to break up with Nina, just as she's looking forward to leaving work and going to the party.  I would assume that all the guests would have expected to see Will and Nina as a couple there.  THEN they see Will with Natalie dancing and looking all cozy.  Neither of them have any class. So trashy to do that.  Either you show up alone and not cohort with another person or you just send your regrets.  Those two deserve each other.  And yeah, Will's focuson Natalie's haircut was just odd.

This.

Halstead is a piece of crap. Supposedly he loved this woman. You dump her at work? Because of a haircut?

One good thing. Doesn't Nina write up the reports about the mistakes that doctors make like she did in the prior episode with Manning. I bet there are a lot of lawsuits and wrongful death cases in Dr. Halsteads future.

• Love 4

First, I'm happy to have found this forum.   I have watched Chicago Med since its inception and thoroughly enjoyed S1.  However, in a word, this entire season was predictable regarding relationships.    These character transformations are not endearing to me and make absolutely no sense.   Why do the showrunners/writers feel they have to have the primary characters be the love interest?
I am not a fan of Manstead as he seems like a schoolboy with a crush/infatuation for the pretty popular girl even though Manning made it clear, initially, they were just friends. Now, suddenly, she has feelings for him too–the longing and envious/jealous looks towards Nina – puleeze!! There is zero chemistry with Manstead but the writers are pushing it for some unknown reason.   I liked Jeff and Manning together and that sizzling undercurrent of sexual chemistry. Unfortunately, appears he’s been written out of the show.
With the intro of the new smug, egotistical, competitive and smarter-than-anyone else South African fellow (is she supposed to epitomize how Rhodes was, at the onset,–or the perception Halstead had?)–you can already imagine this will drive a wedge between Rhodes and Robyn and somehow those two will end up together.  I don’t understand this new budding relationship between Choi and April (again, liked Choi with the dr. from the VA hospital) nor Reese and Noah; it really doesn’t make sense. This show has become more of a soap opera than how it started–intelligently written, interesting somewhat believable storylines with nuanced and complex characters.   And who didn’t see the ending with the psycho shooting Dr. Charles? Why return to that particular plot line? Why doesn’t Maggie have a love interest? What about Goodwin; what’s going on in her life besides work?
This is the only Chicago franchise I tuned in to watch. S1 was fantastic (maybe because it was new); however, if S3, for me, continues in this downward spiral, I may become a former fan.

• Love 2
(edited)

Cathmed,

There seems to be a lot of concerned and dissatisfied fans, but, based on what I have observed, it' rarely considered by TPTB.  They get caught up in their own freaking tales that just confuse, annoy and run the viewer away.  And professionals are getting paid good money to come up with this stuff? The cast probably sees it, but , they have no control.  I guess they figure that a Chicago franchise show is safe, due to its popularity.  This is the only one that I like.  I gave up PD and Fire.  NO interest.  I've tried Justice and am not sure about that yet.   If Chicago Med, keeps this path, I'll add this show to the ones that I let go, along with Grey's, Black List, Scandal.

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 4

Couldn't agree more.  TPTB have their vision and it doesn't matter what anyone else says or thinks--sadly to the detriment of the fans.   I've watched too many beloved shows jump the shark after a promising beginning.  I hope Chicago Med isn't one of them but they're starting down that perilously close road of no return.   Haven't watched the other Chicago franchise shows and stopped watching Grey's and Scandal some time ago (never got into the Blacklist although I heard it was extremely good the first few seasons).

• Love 2
(edited)

Wow.  Three stupid love-connections all manifest themselves at the idiot's party.  The horrible Dr. Charles is legitimized... and then shot in the leg for good measure!  Because a healthy dose of pity is what his character needs right now.

This show sucks.

Edited by Netfoot

Medical shows starting well and then going downhill seems to be happen too often. I thought the first season of Remedy was the best medical show on TV and then season 2 degenerated into writers' pets and relationships that were unpleasant to watch.  Come to think of it, the female lead broke up with a character very much like Splendorkable to get with the hotshot rude new doctor.

I really liked this show last season and for the first part of this season but the writing seems to have really gone downhill, starting with the bizarre way Dr. Charles was behaving for which we were never given any reasons.  Then the April/Nate/pregnancy storyline which seemed to be more about pushing characters into places than telling us about the characters themselves, Reese being a neurotic resident

1 hour ago, cathmed said:

With the intro of the new smug, egotistical, competitive and smarter-than-anyone else South African fellow (is she supposed to epitomize how Rhodes was, at the onset,–or the perception Halstead had?)–

She's nothing like Rhodes was when he arrived!  He was only too aware of his failings and lack of family support.  Halstead beat up on him because Rhodes had done a Carribbean medical degree instead of a US one and Rhodes had to fight to get the respect he should have been accorded.

The South African is rude and arrogant and doesn't have boundaries.  She has worse social skills than Latham does without the Asperger's explanation.  After the really good Latham/Rhodes bromance this season, I'm not looking forward to seeing Latham support her over Rhodes.  I hope the viewer response is bad enough that they drop her.

I also really hate how this show thinks it's a good thing to have their female doctors go after men who are in relationships with other women.  Is there a female version of bird-dog?  It really makes me dislike the female characters and I hate it when a show does that.

1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I couldn't get into the Party.  It seemed cruel to me to break up with Nina, just as she's looking forward to leaving work and going to the party.  I would assume that all the guests would have expected to see Will and Nina as a couple there.  THEN they see Will with Natalie dancing and looking all cozy.  Neither of them have any class. So trashy to do that.  Either you show up alone and not cohort with another person or you just send your regrets.  Those two deserve each other.  And yeah, Will's focus on Natalie's haircut was just odd.

Nina, count your blessings and don't look back.  If someone is not into you, it's a blessing you are now free.  I still believe that Natalie got a kick out of taking Will from his girlfriend.  Now, that she has him, she'll likely start having to spend more time at home with her child, not have time to go out and socialize, feel that he's demanding too much from her, etc.  She's insufferable. lol She won't be satisfied,, once she has him. 

Oh, I think that Dr. Charles did ask that Connor be paged, when they discovered what was wrong with Robyn.

I heard Charles asking for Latham to be paged for the surgery but I may have missed him saying Connor should be paged too.  Connor went to the ER to see Robyn and freaked out when he saw someone else in her room.  Maggie told him that she was upstairs in imaging.

You're right about it being cruel of Will to break up with Nina just before the party and then go off and have a good time with Natalie.  Manstead shippers were celebrating on twitter and the show was retweeting them.  I don't think it occurred to them how bad this makes Halstead look.  (Manning is a lost cause to me, she's the Mean Girl cheerleader from high school who was successful because everyone bought into her act.

• Love 6

I didn't articulate that very well regarding the "new" South African doc.   What I was trying to say was that I felt Halstead perceived Rhodes in that "smug, know it all way (just envious) so hope I provided some clarity there.   I didn't think Dr. Rhodes every displayed that attitude; just thought maybe they were trying to parallel her with the (wrongly) perception that Halstead had of Rhodes.    I don't know that Latham will support her over Rhodes; he (Latham) may just be in for a rude awakening about his "protege", at least I certainly hope so.   However, I guess the writers have done their job; at this juncture, everyone seems to hate her, lol!!

(edited)

With all the shuffling around, trading bed partners, it seems like they are copying some other hospital shows. Maybe, I'll have to choose Code Black instead.  Not that they don't have their own problems too.  

It appears that these are the ones in charge.

Michael Brandt...(developed by) &

Derek Haas...(developed by)

Dick Wolf...(created by) &

Matt Olmstead...(created by)

Joseph Sousa...(written by)

Joseph Sousa...(executive story editor)

Safura Fadavi...(story editor)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5915446/fullcredits?ref_=tt_ql_1

I may provide some viewer feedback.  lol 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 1
(edited)

I wasn't sure if I'd watch this episode but I did; I wish I had watched Netflix instead.

The show is really trying to get me to give up on it and it might succeed. None of the storylines they are setting up for next season interest me.  Basically the storylines they set up all have to do with romantic pairings Will & Natalie, Sarah & Noah, Choi & April, Connor & Robyn & Eva (ooohh goody a love triangle--not), oh and will Dr. Charles live or die. I honestly don't care about any of these stories well maybe I'm a bit interested in if the actor playing Dr. Charles comes back or realizes he should get out before the ship sinks more. But the rest no thank you if I want to watch bed hoping relationship drama with a hospital background I'll watch Grey's Anatomy. 

Edited by Fireball
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

With all the shoveling around, trading bed partners, it seems like they are copying some other hospital shows. Maybe, I'll have to choose Code Black instead.  Not that they don't have their own problems too.  

Sadly I don't think Code Black is getting renewed. I went back and forth between these two shows; in season 1 I liked Chicago Med better and in season 2 I liked Code Black better. 

Edited by Fireball
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Fireball said:

Sadly I don't think Code Black is getting renewed. I went back and forth between these two shows; in season 1 I liked Chicago Med better and in season 2 I liked Code Black better. 

OH no......that's too bad.  

25 minutes ago, cathmed said:

If this article is to be believed (Dec. 2016 which many of you may have already seen), appears the writing may be on the wall for Dr. Charles.  Unsure how much truth is evident but time will tell; it may be a long summer before confirmation.

http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/chicago-med-major-character-wont-back-season-three/

If you go through to the original link to TV Guide, the description is about Wheeler.

• Love 1

I was confused, was the shooter the guy who got pissed off about waiting and called the hospital claiming to be his brother and saying he committed suicide because of the wait a few episodes ago?  Or was this some other random psych patient?

I figured they would find an organic cause for Robyn's breakdown, just expected it would be some weird fungus or infection she picked up in her work.  I was surprised they didn't consider the possibility of zebras just because she works as an epidemiologist and could be exposed to odd diseases that the average person might not.  Also, it seemed odd they kept going on about Dr. Charles' mental health and how he passed his problems onto his daughter, since  I thought Dr. Charles' had depression, not schizophrenia or any other mental illness associated with hallucinations.

As for the rest of the episode, hated pretty much everything.  I hate the idea of Halstead and Manning as a couple.  I can see where Latham might find the new cardio surgeons bluntness refreshing, but I will be hoping for a shooter to come in and take her out if they don't tone her down right away next season.  Hate the idea of Noah and Reese getting together.  I liked her with Spendorkable, but they chose to write him acting like an idiot.  The only couple I don't instantly hate the idea of is April and Choi, but I would have been just fine if the show had kept them with their mostly offscreen, non hospital significant others.  Honestly Chicago Med, you don't need to romantically pair up all your main characters amongst themselves, especially when you're only in season 2.  The last minute lets hook all these people up felt more like a series finale where you need to have some sort of closure.

• Love 6

So was Jay just brought on to be the catalyst for Will to wake up? I mean... really. Wtf. He was so un-Jay, but I can pretend it never happened if he and Natalie are never mentioned or hinted at again. 

As a new/non-watcher, I like April and Choi together. They are both beautiful people, but I don't know enough about their personalities. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, athelyna said:

I was confused, was the shooter the guy who got pissed off about waiting and called the hospital claiming to be his brother and saying he committed suicide because of the wait a few episodes ago? 

I think it was that guy.  Personally, I thought Dr. Charles should have seen him when he came to the ED, it would have taken him mind off of sitting there doing nothing but worrying about Robyn.

They never told us what Charles Sr. had but from what we saw, it did look like depression.

(edited)

What the hell was that?

Like so many other people, there wasn't a single thing in this episode that I can think of that made me the slightest bit interested in watching next season.

- I don't think Dr. Charles is going to die, but even if he does I don't really care that much because his characterization has been so all over the place and off this season.

- I really dislike April and her brother, and therefore don't care about either of their love lives. Sarah and Joey were pretty much the only couple on the show that I really liked, and I'm annoyed they broke up so she can be with Noah, who reminds me way too much of several immature jackass guys I've known. April's pissed me off for a long time, but most recently with her "you shouldn't want to die, Dude Who's Suffering, because I had a miscarriage and everything's all about ME!", and Ethan deserves way better (we never really got to know his Army GF too well but from what we did know I liked her much more than April, and since the Ethan pairing that I'd like will never happen, he should date someone outside the hospital).

- I was pretty indifferent to them at first, but I've come to actually like Connor and Robin together (and was glad she was okay and they figured out what was going on with her), and I hate the lame, predictable triangle route they're going with arrogant, smug New Girl.

- I don't really care at all about a Will and Natalie relationship, but they're both insufferable when they're together, and I hate that Jeff, a character I really liked on Fire, and thought had potential here, was sacrificed for their bullshit. I also liked Nina, but didn't like her with Will because it was obvious from the beginning that she was just a consolation prize and that's horrible. I also hate that they dragged Jay into their mess (does he actually like Natalie, despite seeming to still be into Erin when he's on PD, as if they're supposed to be two totally different characters? was he going along with it to force Will to "get his act together" as he said in this ep? was he helping Natalie try to make Will jealous for some bizarre reason? I don't know what the point of any of it was).

- Maggie gets on my nerves from time to time but mostly I don't care about her one way or the other, so I don't care about her potential totally-out-of-the-blue relationship with Stohl, who annoys me way more often than she does.

Overall, the show seems to have turned into way too much of a soap opera, and lately I've found myself having way less patience for the "workplace where everybody's banging their coworkers" trope. I thought it was much better when most characters had love interests outside the hospital and the relationships were more in the background.

There was just nothing at all in this episode that makes me the least bit excited for next season.

Edit:

59 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

So was Jay just brought on to be the catalyst for Will to wake up? I mean... really. Wtf. He was so un-Jay, but I can pretend it never happened if he and Natalie are never mentioned or hinted at again.

Didn't see this when I posted, but yeah, exactly. I was wondering the same thing about the Jay situation, it was just so bizarre and I have no idea what the point of any of the Jay/Natalie stuff was.

2 hours ago, athelyna said:

I was confused, was the shooter the guy who got pissed off about waiting and called the hospital claiming to be his brother and saying he committed suicide because of the wait a few episodes ago?  Or was this some other random psych patient?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that was him.

Edited by marina707
  • Love 5

Since it was so abrupt, and without a real explanation, I do think PD broke up Jay and Erin just so he could flirt with Natalie to make Will jealous. The thing is that it didn't need to be Jay! If it had to be a PD actor choose Ruzek. He's single so sub him in for Jay and nothing changes. Then Jay and Erin don't break up to make Fetch happen on another show. 

All of the characters pairing up feels like the producers have completely run out of ideas. Instead of everyone just coming together to celebrate with Noah and ending on a happy note, they go with the same cliches every medical drama uses. We know Charles will live and we know the various couples will learn to balance work and personal lives. Some will succeed and some won't. Cue the angst. 

Speaking of, Natalie was laying it on thick with Will. Flirting, hair flips, cozying up to Jay, being "friendly" about Nina, the woman knows how to passive aggressively chase after a guy. And Will fell for it like a dumbass. Keep them together so I can ignore them. 

• Love 5

I'm still really only in this for Epatha and Oliver, so he better survive. And I have grown to like Dr. Latham.

Really could not give a crap about all the hookups. Only to say that April is a lucky beyotch and they need to put Manning and Smugstead together. Not because I like them as a couple but I do not want them screwing with Erin and Jay anymore on Chicago P.D.

• Love 4

I'm wondering if all the hook-ups coming out of nowhere were because the show might have been cancelled so they wanted to wrap things up just in case.  Halstead/Manning was inevitable but Choi/April and Reese/Noah seemed really badly crammed together.  Robyn is fine, happily ever after, and the Charles shooting wrapped up by Jay telling Erin on PD that he survived okay.

7 hours ago, scarynikki12 said:

If it had to be a PD actor choose Ruzek. He's single so sub him in for Jay and nothing changes.

But would Will have felt the same kind of jealousy with Ruzek?  Would Ruzek have been able to tell Will to go after Natalie the way a brother who loves him can?  The quality of this storyline makes Grey's Anatomy look good.

44 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

But would Will have felt the same kind of jealousy with Ruzek?  Would Ruzek have been able to tell Will to go after Natalie the way a brother who loves him can?  The quality of this storyline makes Grey's Anatomy look good.

You know what's even dumber about this? Is that if Will was jealous about Jay/Natalie and this is why this whole Jay/Natalie thing happened (and Jay/Erin's breakup), then it was rather pointless. The Jay/Natalie flirting happened in about four scenes, maybe six. The Will/Jay stuff started and ended in ONE scene. So it was really just a big waste of time, either way.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

But would Will have felt the same kind of jealousy with Ruzek?  Would Ruzek have been able to tell Will to go after Natalie the way a brother who loves him can?  

They didn't make the brother connection once the dad story ended. If they had done a brotherly rivalry thing then Jay would have made sense. But they never focused on it, and ended up just being about this one moment where Natalie asks Jay out to make Will jealous, Jay seriously considers it (even though he wants to get back with Erin on PD) and decides to say no after seeing how much it bothers Will. Insert Ruzek (or anyone really) for these same set up episodes and there's no difference since the brother angle had no story effect. It's not like they'd fallen out after dad revealed he does love Will (but not Jay apparently) and Natalie gets caught in the middle before Jay does the right thing. 

I do wonder if there will be any tension between Erin and Natalie during their first scene after Erin and Jay get back together. Erin is fairly chill about other women who hit on Jay (she's shown to be annoyed by the women since they tend to be blatant about it but only briefly) but Natalie is supposedly a friend and yet there's nothing to indicate that they talked. Since Med will be All Relationships All The Time next season they could be saving said tension for future cases. 

9 hours ago, Texasmom1970 said:

they need to put Manning and Smugstead together. Not because I like them as a couple...

...but so that (as my mother would say) , they don't spoil two households.

• Love 1

What is the history with Dr. Charles? Doesnt he just have anxiety? Was robyns mother mentally ill? Why was he so hell bent on thinking she was suffering from psychosis? I'm glad Robyn is okay. 

Dislike noah and Reese. Noah just seems to goofy, immature. 

Dislike rhodes and south african dr. 

I may not watch the new season. 

• Love 1