Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E11: You Want a War?

3 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Now I want a full on Sense8 musical episode

The problem is finding a premise to explain why everyone is singing.  It worked on Buffy, largely due to Mustard Men and Parking Patootie, showing that the whole town was affected.  It didn't work as well on OUAT, because there was no reason the people in Storybrooke would be singing.

• Love 1

I posted... somewhere... how easily it would be to explain what a sensate is to each of the friends and  loved ones.  I had thought Rajan might be the hardest, but of the ones who don't know yet, he might be the easiest to at last explain the possesion: just use the Hindu concept of avatar.  As a sensate is needed, the one in need becomes an avatar of the one required.

• Love 1

Ok, tried to rewatch the second half of 11. I'm going to just go ahead and say it: it's not just that we didn't get to see them meet, it feels like there were whole scenes missing. We missed the scene where Nomi must have gotten Sun a passport. (Or did we? If it was in there, my bad.) We missed Lito somehow convincing the rest of his throuple that he hadn't lost his goddamned mind. Etc. Did Lito tank his movie? Did Capheus tank his political career by appearing to flee? How did Sun and Capheus get money and papers for international travel? I am 100% fine with the magic of hacking handling all of that, but I needed a line or two of dialogue.

I'm used to missing finer plot details because my attention span sucks, but I'm usually able to figure things out by reading these forums and recaps. But everyone here seems just as confused by Angelica/Jonas as I am. And how did Will get in that room? There was a lot of hand-waving, and way too much mustache-twirling by Milt and Lila. (Seriously tho: fuck Lila.)

I'm going to re-register my Bug distaste now. I don't like that he's become permanently attached to Nomi and Nita, who are already big personalities. (Someone mentioned wanting Dani to hook up with him. No, just no! Let her have a fling with some rando Hollywood hunk, she's earned it. Bug looks like he smells like pickled eggs or something.)

I feel like they ran out of time and also needed better editing. I can only imagine how much footage was shot that we'll never see. 

And we for God's sake needed more exposition. It's okay to end a season with questions, but "what just happened?" shouldn't be one of them.

I know I'm probably coming across pretty negative here, but I'm also going to rewatch S1, which made a lot more sense when it got going.

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, kieyra said:

I'm going to re-register my Bug distaste now. I don't like that he's become permanently attached to Nomi and Nita, who are already big personalities. (Someone mentioned wanting Dani to hook up with him. No, just no! Let her have a fling with some rando Hollywood hunk, she's earned it. Bug looks like he smells like pickled eggs or something.)

It's been demonstrated many times that the group needs a hacker to accomplish some necessary tasks.  Nomi is not always available.  The Bug character is a plot device. One that is quirky enough to both accecpt the premise, plus not be seen as much of a threat.  But, yeah, hope he and Dani don't hook up.  Wouldn't want to see her with Felix either.

Hope this gets renewed and that there isn't as long a wait before season 3!

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, ichbin said:

It's been demonstrated many times that the group needs a hacker to accomplish some necessary tasks.  Nomi is not always available.  The Bug character is a plot device. One that is quirky enough to both accecpt the premise, plus not be seen as much of a threat.  But, yeah, hope he and Dani don't hook up.  Wouldn't want to see her with Felix either.

Hope this gets renewed and that there isn't as long a wait before season 3!

I'm totally fine with hacking, and it was fine when he was just a hookup for hardware, but a second actual hacker feels redundant. And in S2 they nearly had him the equivalent of Lito and Hernando's Dani--except he got even more screen time than Dani, I bet. 

I will freely admit I just don't like the character except in very tiny doses. Something about him just skeeves me out. Would have preferred a stereotypical nerd, and a younger person would be likelier to be at Nomi's hacking level. 

• Love 1

I LOVED this season!!!  I was so sad when it was over and I didn't have any more new episodes to watch!  I feel like this last episode ran out of time at the end, but I'm ok with that because I feel like they can go back and answer questions next season.  This show reminds me of my beloved LOST and I am someone ok with not having all the answers as long as the characters are rich and the plot holes are not distracting.  I like the intrigue of trying to figure things out on my own.  I like that we still don't know about Jonas and Angelica and their motivations and loyalties - I don't think we are supposed to yet.  I love that they started as characters that our 8 all trusted and instinctively thought were on their side, until they realized that wasn't necessarily the truth.   It's like finding out your parents have some pretty big, indefensible flaws.  So many fantastic moments!  So much to still look forward to finding out about.  The main thing being, rescuing our Wolfie.  

The only thing I hate about this show is not knowing when the next season will premier and having to wait so darn long for it!  With LOST, I knew I wold be getting more episodes after 3 months.  I don't even think they started filming Season 3 yet!  =(

• Love 4

Skimming through S1 again. I'm just not sure anything in S2 matched the intensity and vision of things like:

-Wolfgang and Lito teaming up to solve their respective problems (Joaquin getting his ass kicked! Rocket launchers! Etc.)

-Sun and Capheus's fight scene (arguably the flagship action sequence of the season)

-Lito and Nomi bonding over their otherness in the art gallery

-Wolfgang going full dark side (both re his uncle, and the chopper sequence)

-All hands on deck for Riley's rescue 

-Flashbacks to Riley's accident 

It's basically the last 3 episodes that really shine, but they're so tight and well-executed, even when they pause for reflection or exposition or flashback. It makes the end of S2 seem so messy by comparison.

I feel like they're having a "Jupiter Ascending" problem, where they need a fresh eye (and a firm hand) to come in and help with the editing and plotting. 

Yes, I am speaking with zero experience of making film or movies, and zero knowledge of what went on behind the scenes during S2. I know one of the sisters has been taking a sabbatical but I don't remember the timing.

• Love 2
58 minutes ago, kieyra said:

Lito and Nomi bonding over their otherness in the art gallery

Lito's comment beginning "I dropped to my knees" is one of the greatest sex and love lines (gay or otherwise) I've ever heard.

• Love 2

I disagree about putting a blindfold on Whispers.  The man is trying to annihilate a species of humanity, and he can invade their minds once he has made eye contact.  Put his damned eyes out completely!  Then set them on fire.  Jonas can then go die in that fire.

As for missing the physical meeting of the cluster, I'm willing to wait to see what else is in store.  This show gets very little wrong.

• Love 5

I agree, this show gets little wrong. Because of my reaction to that last scene, I think ultimately it was a good decision to go with the surprise factor. When they all decided to fly to London, I was sure their plan wouldn't work (like Sun being able to board her flight, or them infiltrating BPO with such devastating impact), so when we open next season, the natural thing would be to take a step back and show us how they pulled it off, as any heist movie would do.

I once read that JMS and the Wachowskis sat down and mapped out all the science, big picture and mythology stuff before writing season 1. Also, it seemed like a deliberate choice that we the audience can only know as much as the cluster does at any given point in time. That's why the first 3 episodes of season 1 were so confusing and why Angela and Jonas seem to have deceived us (thus far). Basing on this, therefore, I want to trust Jonas a little bit longer ... until he explains himself fully in season 3.

BTW, there's no way we aren't getting a season 3, because of the cliffhanger. In addition, due to the portfolio nature of the Netflix model, canceling one show to make way for another is a murky decision, unlike traditional tv whereupon each show earns its keep. The expense is probably a good reason but the time to cancel Sense8 was after season 1; season 2 had more cities, bigger set pieces and longer production and Netflix approved it all. With everyone in London, some costs will be slashed in season 3 but the danger is that the show might lose its spark if we don't have Dani, Jela or Detective Mun if the sensates don't  go back to their bases.

• Love 3
On 5/7/2017 at 7:20 PM, Mindthinkr said:

I don't think that Angelica meant to birth the second cluster (the ppl we are following now). I'm thinking after Whispers killed so many of them and that background story of them being hunted for ages for being different (H. Sapiens vs H. Sensoriums) that she sold out to Whispers. By agreeing to allow him to use her clusters to build their programmable army, that they wouldn't commit genocide on all of them. It's still a maze in my mind that I'm trying to figure out. She kept repeating "I'm so sorry" yet she was complicit in what was happening to them. How does one even get 'pregnant' with a cluster?  It can't be normal sex...have any of this cluster consummated their relationship? I do think that this cluster is smarter and is evolving which is why they are figuring things out faster and being able to effect changes as to what can be done to them. Minimally. Sigh. This gives me a lot to contemplate. I like a show that makes me think. 

I think the "birds and the bees" of cluster birthing may be next season. I hope so, I really want to know. I'm not convinced it has anything to do with sex.

On 5/8/2017 at 1:17 PM, Advance35 said:

Wolfgang and Kala is a coupling I very much like.  I find Kala very relatable even though she is a princess because when you've lived a sheltered life, jumping off the predesignated path IS frightening and in her shoes, I can't swear I would be brave enough to do it.  Multiple voices and in your head, one of which you've fallen in love with?  I'm not sure I would trust my decision making skills in those circumstances.  I also like that the show reiterated my impression that she is kind of the little sister of the group.   When she had the idea of shooting the cars fuel tank because of the tilt of the driveway and everyone else was ignoring her. LOL.  It was interesting because this was the first time she's had a truly pro-active role.  She's not going to be offering medical advise from afar.  She's in London, in the thick of things.  I'm interested in seeing how things progress with her.

Kala is the brains of the cluster. Which isn't to say they aren't all smart, just that hers is more scientific in nature. Her performance with the tank was foreshadowed, imo, at the restaurant shoot out, when she threw booze into the candle for the explosion (Bring it Bitch). JMS is famous for small moments that foreshadow or are important later.

On 5/8/2017 at 6:03 PM, Starla said:

I still have a ton of questions. It will require a rewatch. How exactly are clusters made or birthed? It looked like Angelica was literally giving birth in the forest in one scene. Did that just happen a year ago when our main sensates first became aware of each other? Are the sensates connected in some way prior to the cluster birth, or are they randomly put together because they share a birth date? Do all clusters have eight people or does the number vary? What is going on mentally/neurologically/psychically to allow them to see/hear/touch/move/speak through each other? My favorite aspect of the show is the concept of the "sensorium" species, how they evolved, and how their connection works. Want answers now.

The cluster that appeared to Capheus - wasn't it fewer than 8 people? Now I can't remember if they were there in person or not. It was interesting that unlike our cluster, they were all black, and from what I remember seeing, African.

On 5/10/2017 at 11:23 AM, Chaos Theory said:

I get why they didn't show the group all coming together for the first time during this episode.  The surprise factor would have been lost and I think that would have been the real loss.  When Will confronted Whispers in person I jumped up and yelped.  This and the scene where the cluster knocked out Jonas were "Hell Yeah!" moments for me.    Seeing everyone (and of course Amanita meet would be a massively sweet and poignantly moment but I don't think it would have fit in well on the finale.  Maybe it would fit better in the opening for episode one next season.

Oddly, it didn't bother me at all that we didn't see them meet. I did notice that Whispers had left Wolfie alone during the night ("how are you this morning" he said, or something like that), so I knew there'd been some time for them to get there. I was suprised to see Sun there, because I was pretty sure that her passport initiated a report.

On 5/15/2017 at 5:39 PM, kieyra said:

Ok, tried to rewatch the second half of 11. I'm going to just go ahead and say it: it's not just that we didn't get to see them meet, it feels like there were whole scenes missing. We missed the scene where Nomi must have gotten Sun a passport. (Or did we? If it was in there, my bad.) We missed Lito somehow convincing the rest of his throuple that he hadn't lost his goddamned mind. Etc. Did Lito tank his movie? Did Capheus tank his political career by appearing to flee? How did Sun and Capheus get money and papers for international travel? I am 100% fine with the magic of hacking handling all of that, but I needed a line or two of dialogue.

I'm used to missing finer plot details because my attention span sucks, but I'm usually able to figure things out by reading these forums and recaps. But everyone here seems just as confused by Angelica/Jonas as I am. And how did Will get in that room? There was a lot of hand-waving, and way too much mustache-twirling by Milt and Lila. (Seriously tho: fuck Lila.)

Personally, that much detail would have slowed the pace and ruined the excitement for me.  I'm fine with handwaving some details. Some of the others, I imagine will come up in Season 3 (let's hope there's a third season).

I do agree that Whispers was a little over the top, though Lila seemed pretty much the same as always.

18 hours ago, kieyra said:

Skimming through S1 again. I'm just not sure anything in S2 matched the intensity and vision of things like:

-Wolfgang and Lito teaming up to solve their respective problems (Joaquin getting his ass kicked! Rocket launchers! Etc.)

-Sun and Capheus's fight scene (arguably the flagship action sequence of the season)

-Lito and Nomi bonding over their otherness in the art gallery

-Wolfgang going full dark side (both re his uncle, and the chopper sequence)

-All hands on deck for Riley's rescue 

-Flashbacks to Riley's accident 

It's basically the last 3 episodes that really shine, but they're so tight and well-executed, even when they pause for reflection or exposition or flashback. It makes the end of S2 seem so messy by comparison.

I feel like they're having a "Jupiter Ascending" problem, where they need a fresh eye (and a firm hand) to come in and help with the editing and plotting. 

Yes, I am speaking with zero experience of making film or movies, and zero knowledge of what went on behind the scenes during S2. I know one of the sisters has been taking a sabbatical but I don't remember the timing.

Funny, my take on this season is exactly the opposite. For me this season was more everything - exciting, emotional, deeper. As with everything, mileage varies.

7 hours ago, Mom x 3 said:

I disagree about putting a blindfold on Whispers.  The man is trying to annihilate a species of humanity, and he can invade their minds once he has made eye contact.  Put his damned eyes out completely!  Then set them on fire.  Jonas can then go die in that fire.

A bloodthirsty woman after my own heart. Though I only got as far as blinding him, you added some nice touches.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Clanstarling said:

The cluster that appeared to Capheus - wasn't it fewer than 8 people? Now I can't remember if they were there in person or not. It was interesting that unlike our cluster, they were all black, and from what I remember seeing, African.

I think they were visiting, they weren't there in person, because his mom had no reaction to them. Surely she would have said something, especially hearing their conversation. But when Capheus turned to them with surprise, she looked to where he looked and just shrugged, like there was nothing there.

These people were in the audience during Capheus's speech, that's why they could visit him (and that's why they were all Kenyans). It didn't occur to me that the 4 of them (if I recall correctly) belonged to the same cluster. I suppose it's possible, but that'd be too convenient, I think.

• Love 7

It's completely logical that they were all Africans and it would make more sense that they'd be in different clusters (though not necessary) but did they know each other beforehand? It would seem like our cluster has really been isolated - in addition to being very young. Maybe Angela and Jonas purposefully hid them. Speaking of Angela, why did she use heroine when she could have scored some blockers? It seemed like she was Whispers' right hand person at one time, surely she must have known there was a better method than heroine.

It's kind of like when Orphan Black made the mistake of introducing a boatload of additional clones (clusters).

I get that some of these character/action-intensive shows do this to give the main cast some downtime, but gets so confusing so fast.

11 minutes ago, nosleepforme said:

I really loved Bug as a sidekick, though I feel like he also needs to have his own life going, it seems a bit unrealistic that he would always hang with Nomi and Amanita. 

Oh, I don't know. If given the chance, I'd probably always hang out with Amanita and Nomi.

Whew. This episode blew past me. I don't think I know what happened. I thought Wolfgang was in the body bag until we saw Whispers. No idea where Wolfgang is at this point.

I'd like to know how Nomi/Amanita paid for those rings working at a bookstore and...whatever Nomi does to make money. Maybe she just hacked a bank?

• Love 3
3 hours ago, nosleepforme said:

I didn't watch the OUAT musical, but I looked at the musical numbers, which were okay, the actors were much better singers than the Buffy cast, but the problem was that the show is so cheesy and one-dimensional with its concepts of "love" and "happy endings". It's like watching a show for three year olds. The Buffy musical meanwhile had a lot of emotional depth while also moving the stories of the characters forward.

Both used "it's magic" as the reason behind the singing (I agree that OUAT had better singers, esp. Colin and Josh, but BtVS had better songs).  Unless the cluster has to perform as part of a Talent Night or the like, I can't see the premise for a musical episode.

• Love 1
On 5/17/2017 at 3:02 PM, Clanstarling said:

I was suprised to see Sun there, because I was pretty sure that her passport initiated a report.

The system's "report" on Sun's passport was "green checkmark"—it was okay. The passport was for Sun Bae instead of Bak. I assume it was part of the identification Nomi made up for her (and hacked into government systems) when Sun needed to get the job with the catering company. 

Poor Sun ends up running around in her bra way too often! I loved when Will contemptuously called Puck Male Narrative. I hope the Securities Commission brings down that politician along with Sun's brother. Ugh!

I can't wait for the next season, and it's going to be soooo far away! It wouldn't surprise me if Whispers ends up dead fairly soon and it's the Chairman or the Secretary who turns out to be the next level big bad. Not that I'll be shedding any tears for the sadistic prick. Just ... please save Wolfie, please save Wolfie, please save Wolfie...

• Love 8
2 hours ago, ahisma said:

It wouldn't surprise me if Whispers ends up dead fairly soon and it's the Chairman or the Secretary who turns out to be the next level big bad. Not that I'll be shedding any tears for the sadistic prick. Just ... please save Wolfie, please save Wolfie, please save Wolfie...

I won't shed any tears for him either, but I will miss the quiet menace he projected.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, ahisma said:

The system's "report" on Sun's passport was "green checkmark"—it was okay. The passport was for Sun Bae instead of Bak. I assume it was part of the identification Nomi made up for her (and hacked into government systems) when Sun needed to get the job with the catering company. 

Poor Sun ends up running around in her bra way too often! I loved when Will contemptuously called Puck Male Narrative. I hope the Securities Commission brings down that politician along with Sun's brother. Ugh!

Thanks! I did see the Sun Bae, but I wasn't sure about the report thing. Duh. That seems obvious now.

That's not even much of a bra - just a bra shaped t-shirt. Makes me envious, seems very comfortable.

Sun runs around in her underwear so much you really notice when she's dressed in an actual outfit.

I don't know, it doesn't seem like it's being played for "sexy"/titillating, but I do have a little twitch about it sometimes, I think because Sun seems so reserved (unlike say Lito) ... so I have an empathetic reflex where I assume she (the character) wouldn't like being so "exposed" all the time.

But then, she seems pretty cool about it. And it makes the fight scenes more intense.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, kieyra said:

Sun runs around in her underwear so much you really notice when she's dressed in an actual outfit.

I don't know, it doesn't seem like it's being played for "sexy"/titillating, but I do have a little twitch about it sometimes, I think because Sun seems so reserved (unlike say Lito) ... so I have an empathetic reflex where I assume she (the character) wouldn't like being so "exposed" all the time.

But then, she seems pretty cool about it. And it makes the fight scenes more intense.

I agree that it doesn't seem to be played for sexuality - the innocence of that little white cotton bra and panties seem to be more about being comfortable and free than displaying her body. I don't remember if she was so frequently under dressed in season 1, I mostly remember her killer business outfits. But she certainly is scantily clad this season (or has it been mostly since she escaped?) OTHO, she hasn't exactly had time to shop for clothes.

• Love 2
(edited)
On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 2:17 PM, Advance35 said:

I also like that the show reiterated my impression that she is kind of the little sister of the group.  

Will and Riley are the mom and dad of the Cluster. Sun and Wolfgang are the often aloof but VERY overprotective older siblings. Nomi and Capheus are the responsible middle siblings, and Kala and Lito are the adorable and comparably innocent younger siblings. Neets is the super cool aunt, and Jonas is the sketchy uncle who no one knows what he does before or after family events.

I feel like Sun and Wolfgang are in some kind of competition over who can show the most skin, especially in non sexual situations.

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 9
(edited)
5 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Will and Riley are the mom and dad of the Cluster. Sun and Wolfgang are the often aloof but VERY overprotective older siblings. Nomi and Capeus are the responsible middle siblings, and Kala and Lito are the adorable and comparably innocent younger siblings. Neets is the super cool aunt, and Jonas is the sketchy uncle who no one knows what he does before or after family events.

I feel like Sun and Wolfgang are in some kind of competition over who can show the most skin, especially in non sexual situations.

Which makes me wonder - will Riley be the mom of a new cluster? IIRC, she's the only one who was a real-life mother (season one is a dim memory, but I think she had a child who died tragically, right?) Not that it has anything to do with birthing sensates, so far as I know. She just seems the right one.

Whatever the case, I think you nailed the roles they play within their sensate family.

Edited by Clanstarling
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Clanstarling said:

Which makes me wonder - will Riley be the mom of a new cluster?

I agree that Will and Riley are the parents of the group - but I wondered (after Jonas said anyone could birth a sensate) if maybe it might be Will (for a twist)?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Clanstarling said:

will Riley be the mom of a new cluster?

I have always suspected that Riley would end up giving birth to her own Cluster, given that her tragic backstory involved losing her husband and infant daughter, and having to deal with that. Her giving birth to a new Cluster could give her some closure. It would be funny if Will ending up having the next Cluster though. He is the one most closely connected to the mythology, and he's the resident dad of the group after all.

You know, between Puck and his Riley obsession and Lila and her constant oozing all over Wolfgang, I wonder if this is going to be a thing now. Other, weirder members of other Clusters hit on members of our Cluster and get REALLY icky about it. I mean, I get that our Cluster is all kinds of sexy, but back off creepers!

• Love 4
(edited)
28 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

I have always suspected that Riley would end up giving birth to her own Cluster, given that her tragic backstory involved losing her husband and infant daughter, and having to deal with that. Her giving birth to a new Cluster could give her some closure. It would be funny if Will ending up having the next Cluster though. He is the one most closely connected to the mythology, and he's the resident dad of the group after all.

You know, between Puck and his Riley obsession and Lila and her constant oozing all over Wolfgang, I wonder if this is going to be a thing now. Other, weirder members of other Clusters hit on members of our Cluster and get REALLY icky about it. I mean, I get that our Cluster is all kinds of sexy, but back off creepers!

I'm really not a fan of the Pucks and the Lilas and the oozing and the hostile other clusters. Part of the message of this show seemed to be that if we could all *really* connect with each other, walk in each other's shoes, empathize at that level, understand what circumstances created a person ... that civilization would be better off. Jonas points out in S1 that it's easier for Homo sapiens to kill because they don't have that empathy.

But if sensates are often still basically just shitty, lecherous, murderous humans that *happen* to come in hot-swappable clumps of 8, what's the point? The message of evolution and progression is lost, and there's nothing left but 'LOL orgies'.

Edited by kieyra
  • Love 5

I will definitely have to watch the finale again to get all the answers. From what I understood from the whole Wolfgang/Whispers/Will deal, Whispers did know about Wolfgang being part of Will's cluster. Lila's line about being surprised about how badly he wanted Wolfgang seems to suggest that he planned to get Wolfgang early on. Also, the fact that he asks where Mr. Gorski is hiding seems like he knows he's part of Will's cluster, but not that he was speaking to him in that moment. I think, when they question Whispers in the premiere next season, we'll get definitive answers on this, so my thoughts are only theories.

I think Jonas is shady and has done a lot of bad things, much like Angelica, but I think that we're not getting all of the answers and he probably has his reasons that will make sense. Right now, they're intentionally withholding information that Jonas has so it could go either way, but I think he could be more of an ally than an enemy here. It's still unclear how he fits exactly into all of this, and why he's suddenly working to protect the BPO, but there does seem like there's a reason building up. Whether or not it's a good one, that remains to be seen.

So, I think Lito has to tell Hernando and Dani about his cluster now, and I think we'll get a good scene of how they'll react. I think Dani will be totally cool, but I wonder how Hernando will react? Part of me thinks that he'll be cool, but the other part wonders if they'd want to explore a sensate not getting a good reaction from their loved one? Diego, Bug, and Neets all reacted very well to the secret. But how about someone we've been growing to love and learning about for two seasons? We don't fully know what his beliefs are, and I think him and Lito will be fine regardless, but I wonder if they might want to explore a different reaction with Hernando. 

Sun's fight with her brother was well done, though it pains me to see that it didn't just end happily. Sun's still on the run, her brother is still out and free since he hasn't been arrested for fraud yet, and they're still very much at odds. I did laugh at his reaction to his sister being "The Terminator", so that was fun to see him as afraid as Whispers is of Will when he's on the losing side of their tug of war. 

I really hope Wolfgang is alright when they rescue him. I sense that they may be too late, but I don't really know. Kala, on the other hand, was planning on using Rajan's apartment that he gave her for protection as her affair suite with Wolfgang, which doesn't speak so highly of her. She could have told Rajan about her feelings, but she chose not to, and she chose to still be with Wolfgang in Paris. I think Rajan was honest in his feelings and in his work to take down Ajay. I honestly thought the gift would be bugged, which it still very well could be, and I worry about Rajan's safety. I do believe that he's trying to right his wrongs and I hope that they don't turn it around to make him really be a bad guy. I like him as a good guy, and I kind of like the idea of Kala being the liar and cheater, especially since she's a main character. It makes her flawed, but we also understand why she's doing it. It doesn't make it right, but it does add complex layers to her character. 

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

So, I think Lito has to tell Hernando and Dani about his cluster now, and I think we'll get a good scene of how they'll react. I think Dani will be totally cool, but I wonder how Hernando will react? Part of me thinks that he'll be cool, but the other part wonders if they'd want to explore a sensate not getting a good reaction from their loved one? Diego, Bug, and Neets all reacted very well to the secret. But how about someone we've been growing to love and learning about for two seasons? We don't fully know what his beliefs are, and I think him and Lito will be fine regardless, but I wonder if they might want to explore a different reaction with Hernando.

I think you might be right. It would be pretty riveting if the primary bad reaction is from someone we all love, who has been incredibly supportive all along. A  negative reaction from Rajan wouldn't really hit home, Capheus' mother would hurt - but family rejection is a common story and has already been covered with Nomi. (Though Riley's seemingly cool father, and Kala's wonderful father would be painful). Felix? Who cares. Am I missing someone?

I am eager to find out more. I really liked the first season, but I loved this one and the new things we learned about sensates.

• Love 1

If anything, I think Hernando would be upset that Lito didn't tell him right away when he figured out what was going on. I don't think the concept of being sensate would upset or horrify him (he would probably find it intellectually fascinating), but Lito hiding a huge part of his life from him for over a year? I think that's the part that would piss him off. I'm sure he would come around quickly, but it could lead to some real conflicts in their relationship, which I do think could be interesting. We have really only gotten good reactions from people the Cluster has told about their sensate natures, it would be fascinating to get a more mixed reaction that was still in character. From what we have seen from the various loved ones of characters we`ve met, I'm sure none of them will totally freak out and start calling them a witch or something, but there could be more complex reactions to this extremely weird situation.

• Love 5
31 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

If anything, I think Hernando would be upset that Lito didn't tell him right away when he figured out what was going on. I don't think the concept of being sensate would upset or horrify him (he would probably find it intellectually fascinating), but Lito hiding a huge part of his life from him for over a year? I think that's the part that would piss him off. I'm sure he would come around quickly, but it could lead to some real conflicts in their relationship, which I do think could be interesting. We have really only gotten good reactions from people the Cluster has told about their sensate natures, it would be fascinating to get a more mixed reaction that was still in character. From what we have seen from the various loved ones of characters we`ve met, I'm sure none of them will totally freak out and start calling them a witch or something, but there could be more complex reactions to this extremely weird situation.

My thought is that if Lito spills the beans and if he also includes the parts about the Sensate sex, that Hernando could consider that Lito was not being monogamous with him.  Hernando would be hurt. I think he only accepted Dani in the beginning because of her being the beard allowed them to be together and then she grew on him. I think Kala's husband would go nuts and maybe even think that the drugs that she works with were going to her head. He might want her to go get some mental health intervention and there would be Whispers waiting guaranteeing a positive outcome. 

• Love 3
(edited)
On 5/21/2017 at 7:18 PM, Clanstarling said:

Which makes me wonder - will Riley be the mom of a new cluster? IIRC, she's the only one who was a real-life mother (season one is a dim memory, but I think she had a child who died tragically, right?) Not that it has anything to do with birthing sensates, so far as I know. She just seems the right one.

Riley and hubby or boyfriend were on the way to the hospital and she started to give birth right as he crashed.  He was killed and Riley gave birth in the snow.  The baby died before it was more than a day old, at which point Riley almost gave up and died as well.  This was later intercut with Will driving the same route to the lab, so we got the harsh mountains of Iceland in the winter and the lush mountains in the spring.

Edited by jhlipton
  • Love 2

I'm very upset I watched the final episode, because now there are no more!

Poor Sun, she just can't keep her clothes on.

And of course as soon as Kala and Wolfie decided to meet in Paris, you knew something bad was going to happen. I really hope none of our people get killed.

So not really any answers. But now we know our cluster knows the least about being a sensate. The other clusters seem to think they are stupid and yet admire them.

It's way too long until this comes back. Wah, wah, wah....that's me crying.

• Love 2

I am so pissed off that the show has ended here. While it's a great finale, it shouldn't be a series finale for the show. Damn you, Netflix.

Having all the gang actually together properly to save Wolfgang while getting both Whispers/Cannibal and Jonas was a great twist. I loved that final scene.

Sun's storyline took some good turns but I was hoping that it would be resolved instead of her being on the run though. At least Mun managed to survive being shot by Sun's brother. Loved the action sequences in this one.

Kala and Wolfgang had some great moments in this one, along with Capheus meeting the other Cluster, Will tricking Whispers and Riley/Sun's exasperation with Puck and that beautiful double engagement scene with Nomi/Amanita too.

Not enough of Lito/Hernando/Daniela together scenes and the Rajan bit was interesting.

Damn it, I really want more of this show. It shouldn't end here, 9/10

• Love 2

Damn it, Sun! I was rooting for you to kill your horrible brother and let justice be served. He stole from your family's company, murdered your father, paid someone to kill you, and shot Mun. You really think he's going to confess to all of his crimes and go to prison? I totally get that she's not a murderer, but still. I wanted her to get revenge for everything her brother has done to her family.

Loved the shot of everyone in the cluster putting their arms around her to brace for the impact.

Doona Bae is hot but why has she spent almost two seasons in her underwear? I was okay with it when she was in prison and it was unbearably hot, but having her costume ripped off so that she was running around in a bra and booty shorts seemed gratuitous.

Neets and Nomi's double proposal was all kinds of adorable. I am a sucker for proposals and weddings, even for fictional characters.

I was annoyed with both Kala and Rajan. You know that Ajay is dangerous and you're just going to leave a "gift" from him sitting on your table? Maybe there's a camera inside. Maybe there's a teeny tiny bomb. I don't know. But even if it's perfectly safe, do you really want something from that guy in your house? Kala annoyed me additionally because Rajan explained very clearly what was going on - he's cooperating with the authorities about a corruption investigation and she needs to leave for her own safety. Her reaction: "I don't understand." What's not to understand, lady?

And since I'm criticizing Kala, they mentioned TWO episodes ago that Kala might be able to make some blockers but she and Riley wanted to test them out. Then...nothing - despite the fact that Will told Riley he only had four pills left and that they would need more. I know everyone's busy but this seems like a pretty big priority.

Wolfie! I love that even when Milton had him strapped to a table, Wolfgang's reaction was to tell him, "I'm going to fucking kill you."

Once they had Whispers and Jonas, why in the hell didn't they blindfold both of them?!

I finished watching and I am a little confused because there was so much happening in the last episode but they spent too much time in the Sun/brother chase.

So, where is Wolfgang? Was he rescued? Lila is still out there (on in there) so he is not really safe is he?

Ans I thought that the interrogation room where Whispers and Will meet was a place they created for that purpose but somehow Will manage to trick Whispers to go to a physical place? How is that possible?

I know I have to watch at least the last two episodes again because there are more holes than the usual not-completely-possible-but-I'll-go-with-it plots and sequences. Maybe they intended for another episode and edited too much when decided to stick with the 11 episodes (one of them was a 2-hour). I wonder if there are deleted scenes.