Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E11: You Want a War?

At the gala, Sun braces for a showdown with her brother. Soon a dire new threat sends the Sensates scrambling to save another member of the cluster.

(edited)

OK, thoughts not coherent. It was a fast binge, I'd need a slower rewatch but initial reaction is Wow Wow Wow! What a ride. What was that? Also, did they manage to rescue Wolfie? I loved the ending and the surprise of their plan totally worked on me. However, the trade off was in missing a few crucial beats: those first moments when they first physically meet, and how the hell did Lito convince Hernando and Dani to allow him to fly to London after seeing him in that state (he is one of those in the cluster who hasn't come clean to their sidekicks)?

Plus, if they (the cast and their characters) are all in London, maybe next season won't take two years to show up, hey?

Edited by Boundary
  • Love 7

Agreed with Wow Wow WOW!!

Awww...for Nomi and Amanita (heart) 

If the Golden Globes don't nominate Donna Bae...she was utterly awesome. Flawless. 

Must admit that the action near the end 

Spoiler

When Will was on the table being given a work over by Whispers

I had a bit of trouble watching as it got to my heart. Anxiety provoking. I'm invested in the cluster and cannot wait to see the plan that they've come up with (that should begin the next season). 

Will have to rewatch and pay more attention to the details but this was superb. 

I think the 2nd Season was even better than the first. Hats off to everyone who worked on this. 

• Love 8
(edited)

Loved Sun taking off her wig when sh*t got real.  ?Too bad about the cop getting shot. I hope he survives. I liked his interaction with her. 

Sun's brother is horrible and should be dead. The fight and chase scenes were great though. 

Nomi and Amanita's proposal was cute but a little too much.

Every sensate this cluster meets seems to know about the blockers. I guess this group is still just infants to this world of sensates because there's still so much that seems to be common knowledge to other clusters that's not to them.

I knew Wolfgang and Kala getting together was going to fall apart and just when they admit their love each other too. Sigh. They'll likely forever be star crossed.  Great twist with the gang kidnapping Whispers and Jonas.  But argh the former is now aware of Kala. If he gets away which he eventually will, she'll be at great risk.  

Speaking of which, great use of Kala this season. They surprised me most with Caphues and Sun's stories which I thought were kind of dead ends at the close of last season , but they managed to keep things interesting with their stories.

I could've done without the storyline of Lila deciding to destroy Wolfie because he wouldn't f*ck her. They could've built a stronger story behind her choice to hand him over to BPO than her pouting over being denied a f*ck.

Some of Nomi's story and interaction with her (and Amanita's) family was a little preachy, but overall the season was great, much better than the last. I think the writers were kind of all over the place in S1 but this time around seems to be telling a more coherent story.

Are we going to have to wait another two years for a new season? I hope not.

Edited by Enero
  • Love 2
On 5/5/2017 at 11:07 PM, Boundary said:

However, the trade off was in missing a few crucial beats: those first moments when they first physically meet

Agreed! I feel very robbed of that.  But maybe the point is that doesn't matter because they are already so connected? Still sad to have missed it.

This was amazing. I really enjoyed and obviously finished in two days.  I was really confused with the end and may have to rewatch. I've found I've grown attached to all of them...even found myself yelling "no Wolfgang!" When BPO took him.  Very impressed. It's almost 1 am and I just can't be more coherent than that. 

• Love 2

I also loved this season and love all eight equally. I like their friends as well. At first, I did not want the introduction of other clusters, but I am enjoying that as well. Angelica and Jonas's motives are confusing me though.

• Love 2
(edited)

With a little sleep I am wondering...did we see how Whispers knew that Wolfgang was a part of Will and Rileys cluster? Or does he not and he just swept him up like he would anyone else and it was a happy accident for him?   The creepy guy with Riley and Sun implied whispers was out on a hunt and everyone needed to go in hiding but bitchy naked girl in Berlin implied that Whispers wanted Wolfgang specifically.  Wow. I cannot remember any secondary character names this morning. 

Some of my favorite moments from the episode: the group hug to try to protect Sun from the truck rollover and "my sister is the terminator!", "what do we do now? We get that mother.....er". 

Edited by MissL
  • Love 2

What an amazing season.

After the Christmas special, I was worried about Will's arc because there didn't seem to be much to do with a character who needed to be drugged out of his mind 99% of the time, but his arc ended up being my second favorite after Sun's, and he's now on my 'top three favorite characters' list along with Sun and Riley. I love how effortlessly he fell in the role of the leader, and how everyone else relied on him and looked up to him. There was no alpha male posturing or drama between him and Wolfgang, even though they're from completely different walks of life. At the same time, it was heartbreaking to see Will have to put aside his own personal issues and grief to protect his cluster. I guess that's the downside to being the leader. Everyone else got moments of happiness and time to deal with their lives outside of BPO, but Will didn't have that same luxury. Instead of ever complaining about it, though, he pushed himself even harder to live up to their expectations. God, I love him.

Wolfgang didn't get much of a storyline of his own, but he was at his best when he's helping out his cluster, which there was a lot of this season, so I'm ok with this.

I like the new Capheus, but he's nothing like the old one. They feel like two completely different characters. Capheus 1.0. could light up a whole room with his smile and stole every scene he was in. This Capheus barely has any presence. 

If Kala wasn't bogged down by the love triangle, I would have loved her. Her skills, core personality and empathy all make her so likable, along with her relationship with her dad. And her worry about never being happy really resonated with me. But she spent the whole season stringing Wolfgang along while refusing to divorce Rajan, even though she's been given multiple outs at this point. And then her arc ends with her planning on turning the apartment her husband bought for her into her and Wolfgang's love shack, while her husband is involved in a politically volatile situation that might get him killed. I have zero respect for her at this point. 

• Love 3

I didn't really get why Angelica betrayed her cluster to begin with.  I felt bad for the Mexican journalist that hooked up with Lito and had an awesome dad.

It felt like the scene where Sun confronted her brother dragged forever, did we really need a 10 minute slo-mo?  She really should have killed him, I hate this mess is going to drag to next season.  At least the hot cop survived.

Kala is a weak character, I'm surprised Wolfgang didn't give her the brush-off. 

I didn't catch it, but did the gang manage to rescue Wolfgang at the end? 

2 hours ago, peridot said:

Eh. Kala is more real than weak IMHO. When it comes to her love life, I think she's spent most of the season feeling confused and torn between what is expected of her from Rajan and her family and what she wants - Wolfgang - a man who is connected to her in a way no one else other than the rest of her cluster are close to being.

Yes. Some of her choices haven't been the best i.e. having an emotional affair with Wolfgang, which I'd imagine would be pretty darn hard to avoid since he's literally in her head. 

However, by the end of the season, she'd decided to end things with Rajan and be with Wolfgang, but circumstance got in the way. With regards to Rajan, even he was unsure where their marriage stood and said so before sending her off to Paris. Still there was no excuse for Kala not telling him she no longer wanted the marriage, other than the writer's need to stall the triangle because they plan to revisit it and the pharmaceutical conspiracy/political investigation Rajan is involved with. 

Again, her intention was all kinds of wrong with regards to Paris, but I wouldn't call her weak. 

• Love 18

So are we sure this show has been renewed? I certainly hope so. 

That is kind of cheap storytelling by just showing them busting in and out. Would have been nice seeing them all actually meet for the first time. And wouldnt there be language issues as they all speak different languages in their ordinary lives? 

I agree this was a darn good season, all eight of the characters have grown on me, even new Cephasus. 

And glad Det Hottie is still alive. When he and Sun do finally get together they might spontaneously combust. 

• Love 2

Wow, that was intense! And confusing! I mean, where did Will find Whispers? How did he get in that room? I'm not sure it makes sense. But if it helps to save Wolfgang, I'm not going to complain (much). The scenes where he was being tortured were difficult to watch.

Lila and Whispers need to die. Now. In a very painful way. 

Jonas and Angelica are confusing too, I'm done with them. 

I can't believe Sun's brother is still alive and free. Yes, the cops are after him, but that would be a bit anti-climatic. Sun needs to be there. She has to play a part in her brother's demise. I can't have it any other way.  Also, I'm in awe of Mun's cuteness. (Sun and Mun, c'mon, C'MON., they're meant to be together!). 

Kala's one of my favourite characters. She should have come clean to Rajan before leaving, I agree, but things got complicated.  And if she's making a mistake, it isn't one I can't forgive. 

I can't wait for season 3!

• Love 4
6 hours ago, peridot said:

I didn't really get why Angelica betrayed her cluster to begin with.  I felt bad for the Mexican journalist that hooked up with Lito and had an awesome dad.

It felt like the scene where Sun confronted her brother dragged forever, did we really need a 10 minute slo-mo?  She really should have killed him, I hate this mess is going to drag to next season.  At least the hot cop survived.

I didn't catch it, but did the gang manage to rescue Wolfgang at the end? 

I went back and watched it again just to watch that rescue. No Wolfgang. I was trying real hard to keep track of everyone, the full body suits made it hard. Sun, Capheus, Nomi and Amanita were picking up Jonas from his house. Riley, Will, Lito and Kala picked up Whispers. Whispers was in Parliment? I'm guessing Wolfgang is in another facility but close to where Will and crew picked up Whispers.

Plus, I'm no medical expert, but after all that torture, there's no way Wolfgang is walking out of wherever he's being held right? He's going to need help? I was thinking as the second series went on, for all the scrapes he gets into compared to the rest of the group, he's never too banged up. I felt awful thinking it after watching this episode. How he looked at Lito and Capheus when he visited, was just awful. 

1 hour ago, MizStaken said:

So are we sure this show has been renewed? I certainly hope so. 

That is kind of cheap storytelling by just showing them busting in and out. Would have been nice seeing them all actually meet for the first time. And wouldnt there be language issues as they all speak different languages in their ordinary lives? 

I agree this was a darn good season, all eight of the characters have grown on me, even new Cephasus. 

And glad Det Hottie is still alive. When he and Sun do finally get together they might spontaneously combust. 

I was disappointed we didnt see them all meet too. Maybe a flashback next season? I kinda hope we have a language issue too. Wouldnt it be funny if they realized they were hearing each other in the language they spoke when they visited but in real life, its kinda a struggle?

I dont mind the visiting, but I do hope they do get to stick together for a little bit. They all have such sparkling chemistry with each other, it would be a shame if we don't have them together for a couple of episodes.

• Love 3

Ok when does season 3 begin?

The one thing I wasn't clear about is where Wolfgang is attheend of the episode.

Intense final episode.  I liked that the cluster got the upper hand on Whispers at least for now.

Still not sure what to major of Jonas and his motives.  But otherwise an awesome final episode to the season.

• Love 1
(edited)

Like most of you, I was looking for Wolfgang too and did not see him.

I hope they don't have Wolfgang pulling a Jonas next season. For me, a major part of this show working is how our cluster look after each other. That is at the show's core.

Edited by Enigma X
  • Love 4

I don't think that Angelica meant to birth the second cluster (the ppl we are following now). I'm thinking after Whispers killed so many of them and that background story of them being hunted for ages for being different (H. Sapiens vs H. Sensoriums) that she sold out to Whispers. By agreeing to allow him to use her clusters to build their programmable army, that they wouldn't commit genocide on all of them. It's still a maze in my mind that I'm trying to figure out. She kept repeating "I'm so sorry" yet she was complicit in what was happening to them. How does one even get 'pregnant' with a cluster?  It can't be normal sex...have any of this cluster consummated their relationship? I do think that this cluster is smarter and is evolving which is why they are figuring things out faster and being able to effect changes as to what can be done to them. Minimally. Sigh. This gives me a lot to contemplate. I like a show that makes me think. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I still need to grasp Jonas and Angelica's story more fully. They said Angelica knew she was 'pregnant' and that's why she ran away to birth our core cluster away from Whispers. But whether by design or not (I suspect not) the reason this cluster has gotten this close to Whispers is the mixture of skills they have. Without Nomi's hacking, Will's detective mind, Kala's pharma, etc. other clusters would have no hope of surviving being chased by Whispers, who seemed to be genuinely frightening to the other sensates. It also seemed like, in addition to being newborns, our cluster is deemed too dangerous, too revolutionary and everyone tries to steer clear. That mysterious sensate in Seoul with the power to order a quarantine intrigued me so much.

I think it might be an extremely rare plot hole how Whispers made a leap in connecting Wolfgang to Will. Or it might just have been a sensible conclusion - how many sensates would there be with skills to help Will break Riley out of the Iceland facility? Plus we don't know how much information Lila scanned out of Wolfie. 

Is it only me who felt, not so much as let down but slightly disappointed that Wolfgang gangster storyline was so streamlined? We knew there was a looming gang war in Berlin, what with the 4 kings, and that Wolfie would at least be some kind of power broker (and how that would put a strain on his relationship with Kala). Lila and presumably other sensates' involvement complicated things in a good way but it always felt disjointed. Any action in one episode never seemed to carry any consequence in the following episode. I too would have preferred Lila's betrayal to be linked to gang politics rather than to romantic rejection. 

Finally, it was interesting to note that there were different factions within the BPO. The Chairman, Whispers and the Secretary all seem to be trying to undermine each other, with Jonas being used as the football. Also, Jonas made eye contact with Sun (and maybe Capheus), something to note. one more interesting thing to note: Sun is infamous in South Korea, Capheus is running for (presidential or local council?) elections with national coverage, Lito is getting a big break in Hollywood, Riley is presumably a well known DJ. What's with all the fame?

Edited by Boundary
  • Love 1
(edited)

It looks like there is a war on multiple fronts going on and at least several of the other clusters have either banded together and become militant or fallen apart and come the ultimate loners. 

Angelica and Jonas's reasoning seems all over the place but from what I can gather Angelica's original cluster just didn't like each other or what they were.  Is it possible Whispers is part of that cluster?  Which would explain Whispers and Jonas a bit better.

i love a good gangbuster action movie so Suns shootout and car/motorcycle chase with her brother worked for me.  I loved when her brother wonders if his sister the Terminator.  The flashbacks were wonderful as well.  

I think Wolfgang is still with BPO which makes sense.  It's an air of danger plus leaves communication open.  Plus you know...this means war.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Boundary said:

I think it might be an extremely rare plot hole how Whispers made a leap in connecting Wolfgang to Will. Or it might just have been a sensible conclusion - how many sensates would there be with skills to help Will break Riley out of the Iceland facility? Plus we don't know how much information Lila scanned out of Wolfie. 

Members of a cluster are born the same day and at the same time, right? I just assumed that's how Whispers knew Wolfgang was part of Will's cluster. Quick check of the birth certificate. 

• Love 1

I doubt they would leave Wolfgang there. That makes no sense. 

And it's possible that they don't even know Wolfie is related to Will's group as he was given to Whispers by Lena, and she can't know who all is in the group with him. 

16 minutes ago, MizStaken said:

I doubt they would leave Wolfgang there. That makes no sense. 

And it's possible that they don't even know Wolfie is related to Will's group as he was given to Whispers by Lena, and she can't know who all is in the group with him. 

I think that is why Whispers was asking him about who else was in his cluster. He saw the name on the plane ticket, thusly he knew that Kala was amoungst them. Whispers said that he'd just continue until all the names were given up. Jugular hypodermics and paddle shocking. I wonder what was in the syringe. Could it have been some sort of a positive metal (ion?) that would have made the shock more intense? Perhaps sodium pentathol ? I really got the heebie jeebies watching that scene. Let's just say my dreams have upped a notch since watching this season. 

(edited)

It's interesting how far all these characters have come since the pilot.  Through the majority of the first season a lot of people complained how boring Kala was but I find her character growth into genuine badass this season one of the most intriguing things of the season.  She has accepted who and what she is and even though the majority of her story on paper is a trite romance it is played as a coming of age story just as much as Lito and Nomi's is.  Who am I?  Applies just as much to her as it does the others and the fact that she doesn't blink or shy away from the violence as much as she did at the end of season 1 goes a long way to show that Kala is discovering the answer.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 8
18 hours ago, MizStaken said:

16 hours ago, SnoGirl said:

I was disappointed we didnt see them all meet too. Maybe a flashback next season? I kinda hope we have a language issue too. Wouldnt it be funny if they realized they were hearing each other in the language they spoke when they visited but in real life, its kinda a struggle?

I don't think there will be a language issue, as they all speak English.
Nomi and Will are English speaking mother tongue; Riley has lived in the UK; Lito is in Hollywood and speaks in English; Kenyan official languages are Swahili and English, so Capheus speaks at least the basics; regarding Kala, educated Indians speak perfect English; I would be astonished if Sun doesn't speak English, given she worked in finance (and a multinational company, I presume) and most Europeans second language is English, so I assume Wolfgang speaks it, albeit perhaps not fluently.
That said, they can always communicate telepathically, as they do when apart, so no problem!

I guess that Wolfie is in another place, and I think Kala wouldn't stop looking for him.

Anyway, I'm on my second rewatch and I see a third one coming! Great show, one of the best of the last 5 years!

• Love 3

I get nervous that something is going to happen by the end of the episode/season and I am a little to liberal on the fast forward button on my initial viewing.  I think I missed a lot so I definitely need a rewatch.  

I can't believe Sun's brother lived.  The Prisoner was right in that Sun's heart IS very soft.  Even after all he's done, she couldn't bring herself to kill him because of her mother.  She just disowned him and knowing him as we do, he will eventually cross someone who won't have Sun's hesitance.   Still would have liked to see that weasel popped like a zit.   And PLEASE tell me Detective Mun isn't dead.  I already love the character and love him as a Sun supporting character.   I have to believe he'll come to and tell everyone that it was the little weasel that shot him.  Ugh.

Happy for Noms and Amanita.  They are definitely lifers.  After all they've been through.

I wonder what Lito told Hernando and Daniela since he was in London too.

I HATE Lila and hope she dies horribly.  Ugh, I had actually forgotten about her because there was so much going on.  When she reappeared to Wolfgang, full disclosure, I was shocked.

Wolfgang and Kala is a coupling I very much like.  I find Kala very relatable even though she is a princess because when you've lived a sheltered life, jumping off the predesignated path IS frightening and in her shoes, I can't swear I would be brave enough to do it.  Multiple voices and in your head, one of which you've fallen in love with?  I'm not sure I would trust my decision making skills in those circumstances.  I also like that the show reiterated my impression that she is kind of the little sister of the group.   When she had the idea of shooting the cars fuel tank because of the tilt of the driveway and everyone else was ignoring her. LOL.  It was interesting because this was the first time she's had a truly pro-active role.  She's not going to be offering medical advise from afar.  She's in London, in the thick of things.  I'm interested in seeing how things progress with her.

And OMG ALL OF THEM ARE TOGETHER IN PERSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG.

I DEMAND a Season 3.  It can't end there.  I know the producers of the show said the show bible tell's a 5 season story.  Please Netflix, Please renew.

• Love 3
(edited)

Oh my God I KNEW that something was going to happen to Wolfgang after he and Kala finally said they loved each other, but oh my poor heart hurts! I love how when Wolfgang was in trouble, he dramatically and silently walked by everything, while Kala ran around franticly begging for help. I could see ways he could have figured out that he is a part of Will and Riley's cluster, especially because he seems so obsessed with catching them (looking at their birthdays would have been pretty easy), or maybe Jonas knew? Or some other Sense8 can tell clusters, or sold them out? I assume that Whispers met Will in some kind of office location, while Wolfgang is being held in some kind of medical/torture center. At least the first part of next season will probably be about the cluster trying to rescue him from BPO before he can be lobotomized. Those torture scenes looked brutal. Whispers really is a sadistic bastard.

I love Kala, and I love seeing how she has grown into a tougher person over the season. I know its wrong for her to have a mental affair with Wolfgang, but this isn't exactly a normal situation, and she did try to call it off with Rajan, but then it turned out to be a pretty bad time to bring that up. From what I have gathered, Kala has always had a pretty nice, drama free life before all of this. She had a loving middle class family, a good job, her faith, and when a nice, good looking rich guy asked her to marry him, she just thought that's what she "should" want, even if she really didn't. I don't blame her for struggling with how to handle all of this, she isn't used to things being so confusing. She cares about Rajan and doesn't want to hurt him, but she loves Wolfgang, and I hope that she finally breaks up with Rajan next season, for real. Whispers should be very wary about her. He might have her name now, but she has been getting a LOT more badass this season, and now he's tied up in a van with her, after he kidnapped and tortured her boyfriend. Be afraid, asshole.

Wow, that whole chase scene with Sun and her piece of shit brother was amazing! She really is the fucking Terminator. I love when Sun pulled out her knife to go kill him after tearing up about her father, and everyone is like "don't do it Sun!" and Wolfie is like "KILL HIM"! Then when sweet, wonderful Detective Mun gets shot, and everyone is like "motherfucker needs killing". I can totally understand why Will got so pissed off about shit brother shooting Detective Mun, he just saw a fellow cop getting shot in the line of duty, even is its a cop from across the world. I'm glad to hear he was alright, I hope that means he puts that asshole away.

It seems like the other clusters all think that this cluster is all kinds of nuts, and maybe too powerful and not willing to keep a low profile. I mean, these guys have been together for, what, a little over a year, and look at everything they've done? I want to know more about the other clusters, and what their deal is.

I could go on and on, and I probably will soon, but for now, I just want to bask in my love of this season, which I loved even more than last season! I love that this season had more interaction between the cluster, more world and character building, and gave a lot of the characters new, interesting plots. Not everyone got super developed sub plots, but a lot of shit went down, I cant blame them for not squeezing everything in they would want to. I love all the main characters AND all the supporting characters (except for the evil shits like Whispers), which is pretty rare for a TV show, especially one as high concept as this one, and I thought every episode was somewhere between really good and excellent. I cant be expected to wait two years for more, I NEED to know what happens next!

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 10
(edited)

Wow, this show! I can't remember the last time I watched 10 episodes of TV in two days, but I couldn't stop. Not only are the story and characters amazing, but the way it's filmed, the visuals and music, are beautiful and sensual. It's like a moving work of art. I think I teared up at least once per episode. 

I was yelling at the TV at the end of this episode. I have a crush on Wolfgang, and now he is left strapped to a hospital bed in some creepy torture lab. Argh! Watching everyone feel what he felt was excruciating. I was so worried they wouldn't all make it to their destination, that they would all be rushed to hospitals and unable to go anywhere. But they made it to London somehow, and they're all together, yay! Like everyone else, I would love to have seen them all meet for the first time, but I guess it would have disrupted the intensity of the last few minutes. 

Add me to the Detective Mun love train. What a cutie! I have confidence that he will make a full recovery and bring the douchebag brother down. I'm glad Sun didn't kill him, but I'd love to see him end up in prison and Sun's name cleared.

I still have a ton of questions. It will require a rewatch. How exactly are clusters made or birthed? It looked like Angelica was literally giving birth in the forest in one scene. Did that just happen a year ago when our main sensates first became aware of each other? Are the sensates connected in some way prior to the cluster birth, or are they randomly put together because they share a birth date? Do all clusters have eight people or does the number vary? What is going on mentally/neurologically/psychically to allow them to see/hear/touch/move/speak through each other? My favorite aspect of the show is the concept of the "sensorium" species, how they evolved, and how their connection works. Want answers now.

Edited by Starla
  • Love 4
On 08/05/2017 at 9:17 PM, Advance35 said:

I DEMAND a Season 3.  It can't end there.  I know the producers of the show said the show bible tell's a 5 season story.  Please Netflix, Please renew.

Don't worry. This might not be an obvious blockbuster but the fandom is visible/passionate and Netflix execs won't piss us off like that (it's easier to cancel a Marco Polo or Bloodline with more sedate fandoms). Besides, I am much more grateful Netflix gets to make the decision - they seem to make all the right ones - and not the self righteous tv journalists who wrote off the show based on a 3 episode review and are now finding it professionally demeaning to make a u-turn.

I liked that Rajan wasn't some kind of jerk (he seemed sincere in his apology about the expired drugs issue), giving Kala an easy out in order to be with Wolfgang. Kala has to own the decision to have an affair. Still, Rajan is involved in some major corruption, he can't be as clean as he professes to be (speculation: there's a link to Sun's brother, who is receiving a lot of money from abroad not accounted for). 

Ok so maybe Wolfie isn't with them at the end. I saw Lito, Will, Riley and Kala in the white suits.  Casphous, Sun, Nomi and Ammalita went to Jonas'. So maybe they are planning to use Milton and Jonas as bargaining tools to get Wolfie back. And I was surprised to see they left his eyes uncovered as if he did open them he would see more of the cluster. But I can't imagine how they would fail to get him out. 

• Love 1
On 5/8/2017 at 3:17 PM, Advance35 said:

my impression that she is kind of the little sister of the group

Interesting because Tina Desai is also the youngest actor of the group by 9 years. Oops, she was a year younger than Capheus 1.0, but Capheus 2.0 is

now the youngest cast member. There is now a 12 year age gap between the 8, but how old you look is always more important than your real age for an actor.

I think that Whispers learned about Wolfgang's connection to Will when Wolfgang thought of / visited Will during the torture, and Will in turn found himself on the table.  Whispers already has a connection through Will and recognized his appearance in the room.  It was then that he said (paraphrasing) 'Aha!  Now where is our Mr Gorski?', indicating that he'd understood the meaning of Will's appearance.  

That was my impression of how it worked, anyway. 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Boundary said:

and not the self righteous tv journalists who wrote off the show based on a 3 episode review and are now finding it professionally demeaning to make a u-turn.

While I do not support those bad reviews, I can understand how they came to be. There was so much to absorb at the beginning of this series and it wasn't until The 4th episode that I began to "get" It.  That pivotal point where Riley was sitting listening to "What's Going On" and another sensate showed up. (The waterworks began as it was so profound and touched me deeply.) They should have given the reviewers that episode as well and perhaps then they would have understood where the show was going and given them much better reviews and ratings. 

I'm all in for another season. 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Enigma X said:

I am confused on why sometimes the cohort can feel another in their cohort's pain and other times they can't.

I think it comes down to when they are open to it.  When they need the other one.  Or when the pain is so extremely they all just do.  Honestly like when Sun and   Kala were together and Kala Said "I don't know why I am here"  Sun sai  "I think we know how this works by now".  Kala Responded "Do we it's kind of inconsistent for me"   I think in a way you kinda have to go with that.

• Love 2

I really hope that we get flashbacks from how we got from everyone mobilizing to get to London from them all together trapping Jonas and Whispers. There are lots of moments I want to see, most obviously the cluster (plus Amanita) all meeting up for the first time in person. On the one hand, it would be a super happy scene where they all get to actually meet and hug and touch in the Real World, but also a intense scene because, well, they aren't exactly getting together for a happy reason. I also really want to know if Lito finally told Dani and Hernando what's going on. He said that they should go to London, so I assume he is going to tell them, and he's going to need an explanation as to why he had what looked like a seizure and now refuses a hospital and immediately starts freaking out and begging to go to London. That's going to be an interesting conversation.

"So guys, this is going to sound weird, but you know how I sometimes zone out for awhile, or have random skills you never knew I had? Its because I found out that I'm psychically connected to seven random people from around the world and we can occasionally inhabit each others bodies and heads and visit each other and hang out and stuff. And there's also a evil super powerful corporation that is hunting us all down, and they just kidnapped one of the people in my Cluster (that's what we call ourselves) and that seizure was actually me feeling him being electronically tortured (remember that time I saved Dani from Joaquin with badass fighting moves I've never shown before or after? That was actually him. He`s a German career criminal but he's a super great guy) by an evil bearded guy whos been stalking us. So now I need to get to London to meet the rest of the Cluster so we can rescue the aforementioned German guy before he get lobotomized or is forced to give the rest of us up, leading to us all being turned into his zombie slaves, and take down this whole evil empire. Plus I've always wanted to see Buckingham Palace. You guys want to come?"

• Love 4

I get why they didn't show the group all coming together for the first time during this episode.  The surprise factor would have been lost and I think that would have been the real loss.  When Will confronted Whispers in person I jumped up and yelped.  This and the scene where the cluster knocked out Jonas were "Hell Yeah!" moments for me.    Seeing everyone (and of course Amanita meet would be a massively sweet and poignantly moment but I don't think it would have fit in well on the finale.  Maybe it would fit better in the opening for episode one next season.

And slightly off topic but I want Bug and Dani to hook up in Season 3.  They both deserve some Sapien happiness.  And I think they would be an awesome pair.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

I really hope that we get flashbacks from how we got from everyone mobilizing to get to London from them all together trapping Jonas and Whispers. There are lots of moments I want to see...

My own fantasy (which doesn't even merit being called a speculation) is that we'll get another "Christmas Special" which will essentially show us all this, flashing back to show us the hitherto-offscreen action. Those in charge must surely know how much they were building the season toward these scenes (the "obligatory scene" as traditional dramaturgy used to call it). The choice they did make gave us a great surprise structure, but the obligations remain unfulfilled, and there's so much fun to be had in seeing those scenes....

• Love 4

Whew, that was one heck of a ride. As much as I enjoy this show, I'm not yet entirely sold on how they've handled its finale.

First of all, kudos on the twist involving Rajan. We've been led to believe all season that he's not as perfect as he first appeared (thereby giving Kala an out) but it turns out that he's engaged in an investigation that makes him even MORE noble than before. Good twist, with the side-effect that Kala is slipping into morally questionable circumstances. I like the concept of her character, of someone who has every reason to be good and happy, but feels a discontented darkness within herself. 

Loved the sequence involving Sun's movement against my brother. The brother himself was pretty funny, what with him blaming the shooting on his sister and then realizing that she was ACTUALLY there, and later with his reaction to Nomi at the carpark gate and his "my sister is the Terminator!" comment. It's always great to see the sensates working together, and Kala and Capheus in particular got their chance to shine.

I also love (here and in other episodes) that Will, Wolfgang and Sun are the unspoken muscle of the gang. Every time things get violent it's these three that end up flanking the others. Also Wolfgang's casual insistence that Sun should kill her brother is amusing, along with everyone else getting on board once they see what he's truly capable of.

Cried out "NO!" when Detective Mun was shot; was relieved when the news report said he was still alive. 

Dirty-minded Australian with the Riley-hair turning up out of the blue was an unexpected twist, and there seems to be a lot more going on with other sensates in the world than our cluster realize. 

As with last season, it ends with one of the sensates taken hostage (first Riley, now Wolfgang) and I think it was telling that unlike last season they DON'T successfully rescue him. For the most part the sensates got the upper hand, but the bad guys still have someone to use against them.

The reveal at the end didn't really work for me, though that may change with later viewings. Like everyone else, I feel robbed of a scene in which the sensates gets to meet each other in the flesh (especially when you consider how big a deal Will/Riley's first physical meeting was) so I'll have my fingers crossed for some flashbacks next season. Not only that, but everything happened so quickly that I didn't really understand what was happening between Whispers/Will until halfway through the scene (ie, that Will was physically there). That's the cost of the Unspoken Plan Guarantee: if a plan is going to go smoothly, then the audience can't know about it otherwise it'll become a spoiler. Only in this case, I wasn't entirely sure what was going on ANYWAY.

• Love 3

So the big question now is season three. My guess is Netflix will renew it but I also won't be surprised if season three's the last. Obviously, I hope Sense8 is actually an underrated success and they decide to do the five seasons that the writers want. But having the entire cluster moved to one location in such a rapid way felt like a cost-saving measure and Netflix giving an order to the writers to wrap things up. And for the most part all the storylines could reasonably be wrapped up in a 10-to-12 episode season. 

5 hours ago, loki567 said:

So the big question now is season three. My guess is Netflix will renew it but I also won't be surprised if season three's the last. Obviously, I hope Sense8 is actually an underrated success and they decide to do the five seasons that the writers want. But having the entire cluster moved to one location in such a rapid way felt like a cost-saving measure and Netflix giving an order to the writers to wrap things up. And for the most part all the storylines could reasonably be wrapped up in a 10-to-12 episode season. 

Netflix is notorious for not sharing its ratings.  For all anyone knows Sense8 is doing very well.  Just because critics don't get it doesn't mean anything.  ABC's American Crime was a critical darling but it got horrible actual ratings.   

Sense8 is expensive and probably arduous to make but it is probably something Netflix can trout out as an example of how they can complete with HBO which no network can do.  

I'm super torn on the ending reveal that everyone had come together. On the one hand, we missed out on seeing everyone meeting in person for the first time, which would be a great moment, and it raises a lot of questions about how everyone was able to mobilize so quickly. But on the other hand, watching Will beat the shit out of Whispers smug face, and Sun punch Jonas the face was just so very satisfying, especially after watching Whispers gleefully torture poor Wolfgang and brag to Will about how he's going to murder Riley and capture his whole Cluster. Punch him again Will! I cant decide which one is more important to me! 

I think the show will get a third season, especially as critics seemed to have warmed up to the show, and its fanbase is pretty passionate. Plus, its a nice feather in Netflix's cap, as it sets itself up as being just as theatrical as HBO, and promoting diversity in their programming.

• Love 4

After the third (or fourth? I lost count! LOL) rewatch, I'm not entirely sure Rajan is collaborating with the police. He came home from travel and said nothing until he opened his friend's present, when he took some time to think and then told about the collaboration thing. Hum. Perhaps the gift was a coded message for a menace and decided to invent the collaboration cover story in order to save Kala without confessing his involvement with the bad guys? I mean, we already know he was doing bad things shipping the expired drugs. We also know that he was arguing to someone on the phone and he said to leave his family alone. So, seems like he was being threatened for stepping out from the expired drugs business (or other dirty business).
It's just a speculation, though, based on the fact that my thimbs pricked when I watched (again and again!) that scene.

Although it would certainly be easier to support Kala if he was a bad guy, I've always thought that good or bad, if you don't love someone, why should you stay with them? Plus, I ship Kala and Wolfgang together since the beginning, because, among other reasons, there a fantastic example that love is blind and takes no account of tastes, morals, cultures, etc.

• Love 2

This season left me with more questions... Although I love Sense 8 and it seems nice to have all episodes at once... It only allows me to finish faster and spend more time wondering about next season (and also, why only 10 - 11 episodes?).

I was Will's fist when he punched Whispers, I even forgot I was mad for not seeing the Sense8 reactions to meet in person. I was so furious for all the Wolfie torture, all I wanted was Revenge (probably got some Emily Thorne vibes at the time, now I am calmer, but still singing Revenge in my head with Captain Hook's pretty Voice).

I felt sorry for Will, he is the only one whose life has changed for bring a sense8 and nothing else. Riley does not much for me, except she plays What's up. Kala and Capheus have shown growth, it is nice to follow them. 

Liked all the supporters, Dani, Bug, Jela, new detective, Capheus' mother and girlfriend, this show manager to add people to the story, not only plot ponds, or meaningless characthers.

Jonas is a c$#@! Angelica... Is there a viable explanation for your behaviour? Innocence goes to a certain extent... You were pass that line...

Season 3... Please!

• Love 2

Well, I wanted to see more of Jonas, now I'm not so sure! He says he's doing what he needs to survive, and that Will wouldn't understand his decision to report the incursion. Maybe he's still a decent guy, but right now, he's got some explaining to do.

I remain completely confused about Angelica.

I agree with the necessity of the surprise factor for not showing the group's initial in-person meeting, but also, I figured it wouldn't have been an overly emotional moment. There would have been some kind of acknowledgement, but they were in a crisis situation, worsened by the amount of travel time needed, and they had to act as quickly as possible. They weren't going to have drinks and chat. Time for the emotional stuff later.

I agree with the comment about covering Whispers' eyes. Get a blindfold on that guy!

I loved that Amanita was there to meet everyone as well. She's been so much a part of Nomi's interactions, she deserved to be there.

The end of the chase w/Sun and her brother left me confused as well. Mun went to arrest the brother. The department must know about it, having issued a warrant, and especially if he brought in the Securities and Exchange (or equivalent; can't remember the name) guys. When Mun was shot, and the brother disappeared, how was there not a city-wide notification on him as well as Sun? I'm glad Sun didn't kill him after all, but no one else looking for the brother had me shouting at the TV. Made no sense to me.

I think the reason that Lila gave up Wolfgang to Whispers was because he wouldn't work with her to take over Berlin, not because he wouldn't sleep with her. Even so, she really needs to go. I've had quite enough of her and Whispers.

I tried to take my time watching this season and just finished today. I definitely need to re-watch a couple of times, and maybe S1 as well. The technical aspects of this show (continuity alone, wow!!!) are amazing. If they need to trim the budget a little and use fewer locations, I'd be OK with that. But they need to make more. Would love a multi-season renewal to help the process along, too. I'm hoping that there was at least an implicit understanding, that they wouldn't have ended on such a cliffhanger if it was really questionable. Hope there's an announcement soon.

• Love 3
On 5/10/2017 at 2:15 PM, tennisgurl said:

That's going to be an interesting conversation.

LOL on the conversation!

3 hours ago, justmehere said:

The end of the chase w/Sun and her brother left me confused as well. Mun went to arrest the brother. The department must know about it, having issued a warrant, and especially if he brought in the Securities and Exchange (or equivalent; can't remember the name) guys. When Mun was shot, and the brother disappeared, how was there not a city-wide notification on him as well as Sun? I'm glad Sun didn't kill him after all, but no one else looking for the brother had me shouting at the TV. Made no sense to me.

I think the reason that Lila gave up Wolfgang to Whispers was because he wouldn't work with her to take over Berlin, not because he wouldn't sleep with her. Even so, she really needs to go. I've had quite enough of her and Whispers.

YASSSS to all of this!

• Love 1

Watched 10 & 11 in a semi-drunk blur last night and have basically no idea what was going on at the end. But I don't know where this scene happened (10 or 11) so I don't want to accidentally spoil the episode 10 thread:

In that one super intense Kala/Wolfgang scene, I said to my television screen: "You need to go fucking get her!", two seconds before Wolfgang says, "I will come to Bombay", and I don't get many moments like that despite all the television I watch.

So: fuck yeah. 

Now I need to rewatch 11 and figure out what's going on. 

• Love 3
On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 0:50 PM, justmythoughts said:

but still singing Revenge in my head with Captain Hook's pretty Voice).

Now that's going to be stuck in my head! Not that I'm complaining :)

Now I want a full on Sense8 musical episode where Kala gets a music number where she sings about how she's going to set anyone who hurt Wolfie on fire through science! Then maybe Neets and Nomi get a cute romance song, and Capheus gets a big Les Miz crowd song at a political rally, and Whispers and Will sing a duet about how much they hate each other? I'm totally getting into this already!

• Love 3