Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E12: The Shakedown

NOTE: Reign airs on Thursdays in Canada, meaning that the episodes are very often viewed a day before they have aired in the US. Therefore please be aware that this thread will almost definitely have spoilers for those who wish to wait until Friday night to view the new episode.

An earthquake hits Scotland, and Mary faces claims she isn't coming to the aid of her people. Meanwhile, Elizabeth takes drastic measures after she is discovered with Gideon; and Charles make a decision that backfires.

Hmm...I feel like I need to chew this episode over for a while. I suppose there's something about a theme of everyone being afraid going on. And there's definitely something to say about Claude and Luc retreading their entire story all over again -- did they not agree already to have a child and go their separate ways? We don't have time for that kind of shit with so little season left for so much more story. They've dragged out Darnley being horrible enough. Kill his ass with fire.

I hate, hate, HATE the Jane thing. Who was doing the episode editing? The cut from her gaining Elizabeth's trust to "lol, I have her in my grasp" was so abrupt I wondered if it had been a last second insert. On the whole I would have much preferred Jane to be the real thing to Elizabeth, an actual friend. I would like to see her have scenes with other women again.

• Love 1
(edited)

Why was Claude back tracking on the letter Narcisse found? Good for Luke for standing up for himself, but Claude is making a big mistake. Young, cute, rich, nice to her- she won the arranged marriage jackpot!

I laughed out loud when Claude discovered Cathy's pact with the devil!

Edited by wonderchica05
  • Love 1