Type keyword(s) to search

Again With This Mini: Monna Dartin Draguates!

• Start Topic

(edited)

LOVED THIS!

And they started filming in late summer/early fall, I think around August, so two months before Spelling announced her pregnancy.

Edited by DanMSchro

I hate myself for knowing this, but Tiffani Thiessen and Jennie Garth had a big, semi-public falling out. I believe it was something that happened way post 90210, and for some reason interviewers (including Howard Stern) kept trying to make her talk about it whenever she did press for White Collar. My memory is that she kept it to "she knows what she did, and it's none of your business," so who knows what the beef was.

1 hour ago, Stowaway said:

I hate myself for knowing this, but Tiffani Thiessen and Jennie Garth had a big, semi-public falling out. I believe it was something that happened way post 90210, and for some reason interviewers (including Howard Stern) kept trying to make her talk about it whenever she did press for White Collar. My memory is that she kept it to "she knows what she did, and it's none of your business," so who knows what the beef was.

I forgot until just now that Thiessen was on Fastlane for ten seconds with Peter Facinelli, so.....

• Love 3
(edited)
9 hours ago, Stowaway said:

Ooooh interesting!  Because I remembered that they supposedly had beef when Tiffani first joined the show, but that they had later, to quote David Silver, squashed it.  I had no idea they had a later, bigger falling out.

brand-new-information-gif.gif&key=43acb6

But yeah, Team Valerie/Team Tiffani/Team Kelly Kapowski.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3

Yeah, I listened to to TAT's Stern interview and he kept pushing, but all she said was that she and Jennie were BFFs and then something happened and now they're not. Unlike Jennie and Tori, she didn't say anything catty, and kept trying to change the subject.

I too heard that Tiffani and Jenni were not close when they started working together but then became good friends.  Then during the divorce between Jenni and Peter I really think I read that Tiffani was involved.  I dont want to start rumors but I think Peters wandering were a cause.  My daughter went to a photo op with Peter when the twilight series was so famous.  She was told to not ask about his personal life.  She didn't care but it was just before I heard they were divorcing.   The pic is cute and my daughter said he was very nice.  

I watch her cooking show. She has had many former costars on, including Jason Priestly, and had wondered why none of the 90210 women were on there. I know it could be an act but she seems like a genuinely kind, decent human being and always shares good memories of the people she's met so I'm going have to be team Tiffani. Whatever it was, it's been over a decade and maybe almost two, let it go and grow up.

• Love 2

Regarding the beef...

We know about Jennie & Shannen. 

I remember reading Emma Caulfield and TAT said Jennie & Tori were bitches to them when they joined the cast. Likewise with Hilary Swank and Vanessa Marcil. I remember quotes about it not being welcoming and how hard it was on the set. 

With the common denominator being Jennie...makes me think Shannen's set-fire-to-the-set reputation wasn't so one-sided.  

#ForeverTeamBrenda

• Love 6
On 5/7/2017 at 9:23 PM, Earmuffs Mom said:

Regarding the beef...

We know about Jennie & Shannen. 

I remember reading Emma Caulfield and TAT said Jennie & Tori were bitches to them when they joined the cast. Likewise with Hilary Swank and Vanessa Marcil. I remember quotes about it not being welcoming and how hard it was on the set. 

With the common denominator being Jennie...makes me think Shannen's set-fire-to-the-set reputation wasn't so one-sided.  

#ForeverTeamBrenda

I believe Kathleen Robinson alluded to having a similar experience. And I feel like Gabrielle Carteris fronts, because she was part of the original gang, but the others are always pretty dismissive of her too, especially Jennie, who actually seems like kind of a weirdo. A while back there was a video on this site of them at a convention of some sort. Brandon, Dylan, Jennie & Tori, Gabrielle, Emily Valentine (who wrote some of the episodes, who knew?), and then like, Jesse or Noah and Mr. Walsh. They were all super into the attention, and good for them. Gabrielle told a really long boring story about being pregnant on the show, and how she was the first one of the gang to get pregnant, and how she tells her kid about it now and the kid couldn't give a shit less, and she's 22 now. Which led into a discussion of how all the actors' kids react to 90210. Jennie was all "I have a 19 yer old-- wait is that the oldest of all of our kids???" This was literally immediately after Gabrielle told a story where she referred to her 22 year old as a 22 year old 7 hundred times. Even Luke Perry kind of gently told Jennie "yeah, she just said, her kid is 22" and I had the impression they were all very informed of everyone else's kids. It just seemed like Jennie kind of did that on purpose to marginalize Gabrielle. Or else she is just incredibly self-absorbed. And all of these past incidents kind of support my theory that she is a bit odd. I recall there being reports that she was difficult to work with on the Old Navy ads from a few years ago, and her behavior with still carrying on about whatever grudge publicly with TAT makes her look very petty. I mean, this is a mother in her 40s. There should be more important things in life. It was nice to see her get over her problems with Shannen though. Also- I love TAT on her cooking show. She is quite naturally very lovable.

Part of me is glad to hear that TAT is really nice in real life. But another part of me is disappointed because if I were as gorgeous as TAT, I wouldn't be nice to anyone.

As a super petty person myself, I'm at least smart enough to know that showing my pettiness in public is just going to make me look shitty. Jennie and Tori apparently never learned that lesson.

• Love 1
(edited)

I am RIVETED by this TAT/Garth beef! PLEASE CONTINUE TO SAY MORE, regardless of veracity! I'm on the edge of my 90s gossip ear here.

Also - I'm glad it came up on the podcast, because the second Alexis claimed to be an expert on all things 90210 but mispronounced Andrea/Grandrea, I was both mortally offended and righteously gratified in my general feeling of Alexis dislike. C'MON NOW

Edited by itainttippithebird
  • Love 1
On 5/7/2017 at 10:23 PM, Earmuffs Mom said:

I remember Vanessa Marcil talking about how miserable she was on BH90210 due to the way Jennie and Tori treated her. I do remember something Emma C. said as well, but not the specifics.

I never heard about Hilary Swank, but I'm not surprised.

Jennie and Tori seem like huge assholes IMO. I know the Tori feud started when Tori cheated on her hubby and that was hard for TAT because she was close with Tori's first husband.

What happened with Jennie seems like more a mystery. It does sound like it possibly involved Peter Facinelli, but I don't think it was in the sordid way. I can't see Tiff having an affair (and she was married during the time of the Peter/Jennie split) with her supposed BFF's husband and then being shocked that that would cause hurt feelings. It appears that it's more like Tiff didn't necessarily side with both Tori and Jennie in their respective splits. She comes off like the anti-Val, not liking controversy, etc, so I could see her not wanting to choose sides.

If that is what happened, both JG and TS should GTFO themselves. Honestly. How petty. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, MerBearStare said:

As a super petty person myself, I'm at least smart enough to know that showing my pettiness in public is just going to make me look shitty. Jennie and Tori apparently never learned that lesson.

They could have been petty and just referred to her as "the season 5 replacement" like they did in the skit or refer to the made-up character's name.  Jennie and Tori knew throwing that shade would make the episode and give them both some sadly needed publicity.

Peter Facinelli and Tiff were on that show together... something about cars and undercover cops? I can't remember what it was called... anyway I wonder if they became closer friends then because he wasn't a dick to her unlike Jennie back in the day and Tiff took his side in the divorce maybe? Or like you said @JaggedLilPill maybe just didn't automatically take Jennie's side. 

Tiffani was a bridesmaid in Jennie's wedding so I was surprised to hear of them suddenly not being friends. I don't keep up with a lot of the BH90210 gossip though. I give TAT credit for remaining buddies with the majority of her former costars. Other than Tori, is Jennie still friends with hers? They can't use Shannen as a punching bag since she's battling breast cancer so they use Tiff, I guess. I wonder if Jennie's beef is that maybe Peter hit on her and and she told her about it and blamed Tiffani? I dunno. Shoot the messenger sort of thing. Wasn't Peter a known cheater? I don't know if Jennie had a problem with fidelity, but didn't she leave her first husband for him?

Seeing this episode and reading this thread reminds of the time me and a co-worker (who is also a 90210 and AWT mega fan) realized we were old at our office.  We worked at a corporate office for a women's specialty retailer at the time and had a LOT of younger co-workers (mostly women).  I can remember the day vividly, seeing him talking to one of the younger women and hearing perfectly "You mean to tell me the words Donna Martin graduates mean NOTHING to you???" with this incredulous look on his face.  So classic.  They also were reading the list of the a cast of Dancing With the Stars when it was published and had no idea who Babyface was...god bless.

• Love 2