Type keyword(s) to search

Nate And Jeremiah By Design - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On 4/11/2018 at 7:40 AM, sadtvjunkie said:

My issue is with the mold. I recently had a wall in my home remediated and it cost $5000.00 and insurance denied it, so it was all on me. No way that black mold only cost $550. I hate shows that don't tell the real story. How come if the homeowner has $750000 to spend on a renovation can they not call a plumber to fix the sink??????

Amen.  Mike Holmes would have had the air tested before he allowed any workers to work on the home, and if needed, kick out the couple.
Is the $75K what they can borrow on the house?
Maybe they usually used a plastic wash tub on a table, because I can't imagine how nasty and clogged a bathroom sink would get, from kitchen grease, etc.

On 4/15/2018 at 1:48 PM, mlp said:

The fact that their daughter named her son Fynix was a big clue.  I suppose they pronounce it Phoenix but still...................... 

I googled it, and this is on Fynix as a name.  There's also an amazon storefront seller of that name.
https://www.names.org/n/fynix/about

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, mlp said:

The absence of information just tells me that it's a made up name.  I know it's an opinion on my part but I hate it when parents give kids bizarre names they'll have to live with forever.

I worked with someone once, who not only did this, but made up an accent mark to go with it.  This was in the "do your own thing" 70s.

On 4/16/2018 at 5:21 PM, debbie311 said:

Glad I am not the only one who thinks there was something off about that couple.  I also suspect mental health issues.  Washing the dishes in the bathroom sink for 16 years??!!  Did you see the sponge thing on the side of the bathroom sink, which was right next to the toilet?  So it was just left there all the time while they did their regular bathroom "stuff?"  Yikes.

Yes! And she's washing the dishes...while the toilet seat lid is UP! That carpet coming up - it was FULL of dust. There was something seriously off with that whole scenario and then they get $83 k worth of stuff? Argh.

• Love 4

I think the final design looked decent but I didn't care for the terra-cotta above the stove at all.  I think they chose nice furniture and accessories but that house was so small and oddly laid out it was very difficult to arrange the furniture.  I feel the pain because I also have a small house (not quite as small as theirs) but the living room is also basically where the front door is and it's a pass through to the rest of the house. 

I agree with this assessment. The hood was too big, especially for a regular oven. I don't like hexagon tiles, although those seem to be the hot things these days. I did like the overall look of the kitchen though. The marble/granite was amazing and dramatic.

Did not like the wall color in the bathroom, and I know how Nate said that white subway tile is good from a budget and style perspective,  but I would have liked to have seen a different, yet still budget-friendly tile.

I do like how they will talk about saving money a little bit ... I'd like more of that. They did come in under budget, but I'd like to hear the specifics.  (e.g., where to spend vs. where to save)

• Love 2
1 hour ago, MoreCoffeePlease said:

I did like the overall look of the kitchen though. The marble/granite was amazing and dramatic.

I think it was marble, and it stains.  I'd rather have something impervious to stains.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, MoreCoffeePlease said:

Did not like the wall color in the bathroom, and I know how Nate said that white subway tile is good from a budget and style perspective,  but I would have liked to have seen a different, yet still budget-friendly tile.

If what we saw was true and they snuck the bathroom destruction in without discussing it with N&J - I was wishing the guys would give them an all white style-free bathroom. Then shrugged and said "Well, if we were told at the beginning..." I know they'd never do that, but I'm snottier than N&J and I think that's what I would have done.

• Love 6

Jeremiah reminds me of what Tom Schwartz from Vanderpump Rules could be if he were gay and not a garbage person. 

They really like those iron doors which I do but seems like it might look dated soon, wasn't feeling the wood above them. I think the whole thing about ordering the wrong size fireplace was for the show but what centered the fireplace and make it not look strange was the tv not the wood. I think a piece of art on the more formal side would have been much better than the low hanging light fixture which looked out of place and made the wall look bare.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 4

Jeremiah is a cranky fella.  Nate seems to role with it and even teases him (hanging that piece of art this week).  

I like their personal style for the most part.  I like the rustic, modern mix and like white walls.  Where it misses for me is the lack of accent colors.  My home has white walls and light furniture from wheat to white.  On top of this neutral modern base I have accent colors of red, deep golden yellow, blue, black and green in splashes here and there.  They are in my original art, pillows and throws on the couch.  That is what most of their rooms need for me to be dazzled.  

I couldn't figure out where they were actually working!  They kept showing the front of the house and it was 1 story, typical ranch style.  But the room was two-story with timber framing.  How did it attach to the rest of the house?  Why couldn't you see it from the street - it was enormous?  Was it an old firehouse?  An old church?  Inquiring minds want to know!

I would be *more* terrified with children and a clear barrier than with the previous insufficient wooden one.  But maybe that's just me.

• Love 8

I couldn't figure out where they were actually working!  They kept showing the front of the house and it was 1 story, typical ranch style.  But the room was two-story with timber framing.

That was bugging me too.  I couldn't spot any place on the exterior where the roof line was higher than than a regular ranch house roof.

I really like Nate and Jeremiah.  They always seem so sincere and I don't think it's a big act.  I'd trust them to design something for me because I like what they do and because I know they'd take my wishes into consideration unlike some of the gang on Trading Spaces.  

The fire pole was weird but kind of neat.  However, I'd be nervous about having young kids up there with that big hole in the floor.  

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, mlp said:

The fire pole was weird but kind of neat.  However, I'd be nervous about having young kids up there with that big hole in the floor.  

Yes, I saw that the floor would close, but if they had friends over, I'd worry, and worry about the ladder.   Was there another way to the loft?  I didn't see one.
I did like how the rooms turned out, and liked the doors.

• Love 1
On 4/16/2018 at 9:07 AM, bioprof said:

Amen amen to all the comments above about these people....thought it might be just me. Thought they were horrid people with the veneer of "oh golly gee whiz....." smile smile smile. Husband was micromanager personified....kept the useless blocked off back door  because once a year that's how they bring in the Christmas tree?????

And picking out stone is a terrifying experience????  Also didn't like that they said they only had $73,000 in the budget ( after scrimping and saving....snifff, sniff....for 15 years!!)  for the kitchen, then they whip $10,000 out of their pocket to give to the contractor on the side for the bathroom that wasn't even scheduled for the show?  Have to admire the control by Nate & Jeremiah ...they must have been livid.

Think they would have been better off spending some of that reno budget on a psychiatrist.

That couple was off.  First off, building an add on for your daughter so she won't leave the nest is a bit controlling for my tastes.  Picking out countertops?  Really?  Is it THAT scary?  Who lives without a kitchen sink for THAT long?  My mom was w/out hot water in her kitchen sink for about a year and we were like......"MOM!"  But hey she wasn't trucking her dishes into the bathroom.

Weird couple and their weirdness was all on display for all to see.

I work in education and the "Finyx" needs to stop. Yesterday.

I think the controlling hubby showed plans to contractors and when told it was not possible, hubby fired any future contractors.  I had very little sympathy for them.

• Love 5

I thought the living room for the family of little people was nice. The bedrooms and bathrooms though? No, didn't like at all. I thought the couple should have gone with the first, less expensive plan to begin with. I have a tiny bathroom and it's no fun to feel closed in while you get ready for the day. The parent's bathroom was so narrow and closed in and they'll have to keep the bathroom doors open all the time because double doors that open towards you won't work for the mom and her walker. 

The kid's bathroom was a little better - but both were so DARK! Not happy or soothing at all. Just dull and drab. I'm not a fan of blue, and really don't like it on walls, so the son's room was nice in terms of furniture but I hated the DARK blue walls.

In the parent's bedroom, one wall of hand painted trees would have been plenty. That headboard looked like something made on Trading Spaces. The room looked sad and cold to me.

Nate (or Jeremiah?) said that they made sure there was no lip on the shower on the entry of the kid's shower in case they ever need to "roll something in there" - what did they mean? Are they thinking mom might need to use a wheelchair and she could wheel in and transfer to a shower stool? Is that a dumb question?

Edited by Nordly Beaumont
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Nordly Beaumont said:

I thought the living room for the family of little people was nice. The bedrooms and bathrooms though? No, didn't like at all. I thought the couple should have gone with the first, less expensive plan to begin with. I have a tiny bathroom and it's no fun to feel closed in while you get ready for the day. The parent's bathroom was so narrow and closed in and they'll have to keep the bathroom doors open all the time because double doors that open towards you won't work for the mom and her walker. 

The kid's bathroom was a little better - but both were so DARK! Not happy or soothing at all. Just dull and drab. I'm not a fan of blue, and really don't like it on walls, so the son's room was nice in terms of furniture but I hated the DARK blue walls.

In the parent's bedroom, one wall of hand painted trees would have been plenty. That headboard looked like something made on Trading Spaces. The room looked sad and cold to me.

Nate (or Jeremiah?) said that they made sure there was no lip on the shower on the entry of the kid's shower in case they ever need to "roll something in there" - what did they mean? Are they thinking mom might need to use a wheelchair and she could wheel in and transfer to a shower stool? Is that a dumb question?

The mom could also use her walker in there as well, but yes, they probably meant a wheelchair. Considering health issues affect little people, probably not a bad thing to have,. That's probably a good shower for somebody older too.

Yes, even though master bath was narrow, it did increase the value of the home  adding a 2nd bath and also getting a master suite,

Too bad in the kid's/guest bath they didn't add a skylight.

I like the mural  - it reminded me of de Gournay paper

• Love 5

This episode was interesting. Not only did the house have to be accessible, it had to fit a lot into a small space. Adding a second bath was a good investment.

I liked the colors of the master bath but the wall tiles looked thick and heavy for such a narrow space. I got the reason for the marble piece above the tub to pull the eye away from the tub, but I wouldn't have bothered. The tub is the tub, so whatever.  Making the kids' bath also a guest bath was a nice idea, and the pull-out step for the sink was neat. At least one closet was lost for the remodel. Did N & J mention closets in the master and son's bedrooms?

Edited by BradandJanet
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

This episode was interesting. Not only did the house have to be accessible, it had to fit a lot into a small space. Adding a second bath was a good investment.

I liked the colors of the master bath but the wall tiles looked thick and heavy for such a narrow space. I got the reason for the marble piece above the tub to pull the eye away from the tub, but I wouldn't have bothered. The tub is the tub, so whatever.  Making the kids' bath also a guest bath was a nice idea, and the pull-out step for the sink was neat. At least one closet was lost for the remodel. Did N & J mention closets in the master and son's bedrooms?

I think the mom was really worried about the bathroom looking too much like a hospital, which I can understand. I wasn’t crazy about ALL THE TILE, but I guess that’s the thing now.  From looking at the kitchen, the family had pretty decent taste. The mural seemed a little over the top, but I understand their reasoning. It didn’t look like there was a TV in the bedroom, so I understand wanting SOMETHING other than plain walls to look at. They could easily keep one Wall a mural and change the rest.   I think the son’s new room had closets on either side of the window.

I think this was my favorite episode so far.  This was a family that really needed help.  And I love how N&J worked so hard to make it a beautiful and functional house.  I also loved the dad telling us about his dream about the reveal!  They were a sweet couple, and I hope the mom is able to heal so she can enjoy her beautiful house. 

• Love 16
4 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

and the pull-out step for the sink was neat. At least one closet was lost for the remodel. Did N & J mention closets in the master and son's bedrooms?

They added a closet to the new master, it just blended in to the wall because of the wall painting. The dining room seemed like it had storage and tgey basically just painted it.

• Love 3

This is my favorite episode too, because these people really needed the house to function better for everyone, and be safe for mom.
I'm not fond of so much tile either, and like a light, (read "white," ) bathroom, but they're stuck with it now.
I did like the mural, and a TV is easy to add if they want one.

• Love 2

I haven't really gotten into season 2.  I think it is just because their designs are always so similar, and the reliance on contracters through the show really just makes it another re-do a whole house type of show.  For some reason I liked season 1, but maybe that was enough for me.  I think I would prefer to see them re-do some single rooms and get back to things people can do on their own.

• Love 1
(edited)

I understand that they disguised the the grab bar as a towel bar, so as not to make it look like a handicapped bathroom, but I'd love to see grab bars be a norm on the bathtub wall.
You don't have to be old or handicapped to slip in a tub, and unless you die young, you're going to be old one day.
At one time, basement stairs often had no hand rails, but safety standards now require them in most places, and new builds, and no one sees a that as a stigma.

Edited by auntjess
  • Love 9
11 minutes ago, auntjess said:

I understand that they disguised the the grab bar as a towel bar, so as not to make it look like a handicapped bathroom, but I'd love to see grab bars be a norm on the bathtub wall.
You don't have to be old or handicapped to slip in a tub, and unless you died you, you're going to be old one day.

We installed grab bars (and use them as towel bars) in our bathroom. My elderly mother-in-law needed help getting in and out of the shower as well as getting on and off the toilet, and my husband (who had designed some ADA-compliant bathrooms in the past) strategically placed the grab bars both inside the shower and on the walls of the bathroom itself so it was easier for her to get around. I didn't even notice the towel bar/grab bar in the episode because I'm used it in my own home.

• Love 4

I had to laugh when the couple with the wife with health problems said they had to check that their son approved of the remodel. Jeremiah later rolled his eyes on camera that the whole project rested on the decision of a fifteen-year-old who hates change. The moment was likely staged, but Jeremiah's delivery of that line was funny. 

• Love 4

I liked the colors of the master bath but the wall tiles looked thick and heavy for such a narrow space.

Totally. They were sticking out in a weird way where to me it either looked like a bad tile job, or just not how I would want tile to be in my bathroom.  (Might be dangerous too, with slight points sticking out.)

I also agree with posters who said the bathrooms were just too dark. Uggh.

What a nice family though. And I do love how emotional Jeremiah gets.

• Love 4
On 5/3/2018 at 2:03 PM, MoreCoffeePlease said:

Totally. They were sticking out in a weird way where to me it either looked like a bad tile job, or just not how I would want tile to be in my bathroom.  (Might be dangerous too, with slight points sticking out.)

I also agree with posters who said the bathrooms were just too dark. Uggh.

What a nice family though. And I do love how emotional Jeremiah gets.

I had to choose tile for a kitchen backsplash, and it turned out to be a difficult choice. I saw a lot of those rough, thick tiles. They're heavy and usually expensive. Tile salesperson pointed out that wall tile doesn't bear any weight, so there's no advantage to using something thick other than preferring the look. I ended up selecting an inexpensive beige subway tile, and it is doing its job perfectly. 

• Love 1

This was my first time watching this show. I found the renovation very beautiful. They found a beautiful multi functional table to serve as her desk, but where were the three monitors and computer she uses in her office?

• Love 2

Once again someone who asked for help decided to do their own thing without speaking to Nate and Jeremiah. What if they didn't have that extra $1000 in the contingency fund? I'm glad Jeremiah called her out for messing with the shower design. I felt bad for her because she was using home improvement projects to channel her grief. The reno fixed just the cosmetic problem, I do hope she gets counseling so that she can better manage her grief.

• Love 9

I wanted to call my brother 10 minutes into the episode to make him watch it.  He also has too much stuff in his home.  He's 78, and is no longer able to physically clean it up himself, and now his accumulation of crap has become a minefield for him to negotiate without tripping.  My much-younger husband (77) is going over there several times a week, as bro is finally recognizing he needs to get rid of stuff and can't do it on his own.  I make recommendations and am "supervising" the clean-out from afar, as brother will shoot down my ideas just because they come from me.  Sibling rivalry amongst 70+ year old people is really stupid.

I have been printing out storage ideas that hubby has been taking over to bro's . . . but bro says he doesn't need shelves or other storage things because he already has storage stuff.  His idea of storage stuff is an accumulation of ugly trunks, ottomans, etc., that he jams into small spaces.  My idea is to get rid of the trunks, etc., and put a nice, tall shelf unit in the back of his closet with bins/baskets like what N&J did in the woman's office.  Every bag/crate he agrees to get rid of is full of things which he describes as, "I forgot I had that.  I guess I can let it go."  (Plus lots of clothing that is four sizes smaller than he'll ever be . . . or ever was.)

I really loved that the woman seemed to come to a realization that her stuff was keeping her from living the life she was envisioning.  I can't believe the words "feng shue" even came out of her mouth at the beginning of the episode.

• Love 6

While I'm sympathetic, the woman seemed like kind of a basket case, and I don't imagine that house will stay looking that tidy for very long. She had all the classic symptoms of OCD.

• Love 6

I thought the designers had given her a dining table. The open table is only practical in a meeting room for clients or for someone who has office help in another space with the computers, printers, copiers, phones, and all the rest of modern office equipment. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

I thought the designers had given her a dining table. The open table is only practical in a meeting room for clients or for someone who has office help in another space with the computers, printers, copiers, phones, and all the rest of modern office equipment. 

As others have mentioned, she had a computer, monitor, etc all on the desk in her original office.  Not only was all of that stuff not present at the end, if she did need to bring those back so she could work there, an open table in the middle of the room was going to be a logistic nightmare.  Since the computers weren’t replaced, I doubt Nate and Jeremiah included any sort of plan to hide the various cords and cables that would have to be snaking across the floor to an outlet.

It was pretty clear that Peggy had some significant emotional/psychological issues involving her home and possessions. If she didn’t get help for them, that place is probably already back to where they started.

• Love 9

Didn't Peggy say at the beginning that she's a pharmacist?  Her personality seemed completely at odds with a profession like that.  I thought she was cute and very likable but also ditzy.  I would find it hard to cope with a fluttery pack rat.

I thought the finished rooms looked great but, like everyone above, I didn't understand the big table in the center of the room for the reasons already stated.  That will quickly become a dumping ground for mail and everything else she doesn't deal with immediately.  I'd guess that it's already piled with stuff.

I missed the deal with the recess in the shower.  Why did a crew working for a TV show do something without consulting the designers?  The same thing happened a couple episodes ago with the Italian couple who added a bathroom renovation.  I'm inclined to think those are made for TV problems.

• Love 7

I had no intention of watching another design show, but since this is on after Trading Spaces, I decided to give it a go. I've been sucked in. I really enjoy Nate and Jeremiah's personalities and interaction. I was skeptical when I kept reading how adorable Poppy was, but she is so adorable!

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, mlp said:

Didn't Peggy say at the beginning that she's a pharmacist?  Her personality seemed completely at odds with a profession like that.  I thought she was cute and very likable but also ditzy.  I would find it hard to cope with a fluttery pack rat.

I thought the finished rooms looked great but, like everyone above, I didn't understand the big table in the center of the room for the reasons already stated.  That will quickly become a dumping ground for mail and everything else she doesn't deal with immediately.  I'd guess that it's already piled with stuff.

I missed the deal with the recess in the shower.  Why did a crew working for a TV show do something without consulting the designers?  The same thing happened a couple episodes ago with the Italian couple who added a bathroom renovation.  I'm inclined to think those are made for TV problems.

We were told that Peggy, who was still living in the house at that point, saw they were building the shower and asked about the niche.  The contractor supposedly went ahead and had the workers do it because, miraculously, they just happened to be at that very point in construction without getting clearance from Nate and Jeremiah.

In real life, I expect the contractor knew full well that there was plenty in the contingency to cover it.  It also seems rather odd that N&J would be designing a high end bath these days with a bench,etc but no niche for product.  I think it might have been a little producer written ‘drama’ and everybody knew all along that it was fine.

• Love 8

I can get a little pack-ratty, so I know that the open table office would be a disaster for me. The bathroom without much storage, also not happening. The closet area is nice, but it was staged with about five pieces of clothing hanging in it.  Minimalist is more of a goal than a reality for some people.

• Love 4

I sort of understood her.  It's like when you put on 10 pounds, then you say oh, what's another 5 pounds and before you know it you've gained 50 pounds.   At that point it all looks insurmountable.  I had a real epiphany after watching the show.  She verbalized what I've been going through since I lost my husband six years ago.  Both weight-wise and keeping up with my house.  It was a "get with the program" slap in the face that I really needed.

• Love 16
18 minutes ago, Koalagirl said:

I sort of understood her.  It's like when you put on 10 pounds, then you say oh, what's another 5 pounds and before you know it you've gained 50 pounds.   At that point it all looks insurmountable.  I had a real epiphany after watching the show.  She verbalized what I've been going through since I lost my husband six years ago.  Both weight-wise and keeping up with my house.  It was a "get with the program" slap in the face that I really needed.

I'm hoping that our clean-out of my brother's place will be that "get with the program" slap in the face for him as well.  The plan is to get all the excess crap out, set up the storage places, get him some more appropriate (LESS) furniture, and then bring boxes (which we're storing) back one at a time.  If there's no room for what's in the box, he'll either have to get rid of something else or let go of the box.  As soon as it's cleaned up, he's planning to hire a cleaning lady on a regular basis . . . hopefully, knowing that someone will be there every two weeks will keep him from throwing crap on the floor and not putting things away.  Plus, we now see that he needs someone to monitor his well-being, and we won't allow his current situation to continue.  He did have a health crisis a year and a half ago, and he has deteriorated physically and mentally.  Not yet ready for assisted living, but definitely in need of watching.

What helps is that he no longer drives.  No more yard sales, no more thrift stores.  Once this stuff is gone, there won't be more stuff to replace it.  

• Love 6
(edited)
9 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I'm hoping that our clean-out of my brother's place will be that "get with the program" slap in the face for him as well.  The plan is to get all the excess crap out, set up the storage places, get him some more appropriate (LESS) furniture, and then bring boxes (which we're storing) back one at a time.  If there's no room for what's in the box, he'll either have to get rid of something else or let go of the box.  As soon as it's cleaned up, he's planning to hire a cleaning lady on a regular basis . . . hopefully, knowing that someone will be there every two weeks will keep him from throwing crap on the floor and not putting things away.  Plus, we now see that he needs someone to monitor his well-being, and we won't allow his current situation to continue.  He did have a health crisis a year and a half ago, and he has deteriorated physically and mentally.  Not yet ready for assisted living, but definitely in need of watching.

What helps is that he no longer drives.  No more yard sales, no more thrift stores.  Once this stuff is gone, there won't be more stuff to replace it.  

You're a really really good sibling for looking out for his well-being.  He is very lucky to have you in his life.    I'm much younger, not quite retirement age.  I'm out of the house 12 hours a day, five days a week (which includes two hour commute to and two hour commute home) so I'm pretty much limited time-wise and pooped out by the weekend .  I made myself a pledge to carve out some time and stop looking at it as one big project and just tackle section by section. Wish me luck!!!

Edited by Koalagirl
  • Love 7
10 minutes ago, Koalagirl said:

I made myself a pledge to carve out some time and stop looking at it as one big project and just tackle section by section. Wish me luck!!!

That's the best decision you can make.  So, absolutely - GOOD LUCK! 

If you need any suggestions, PM me.  I was an Administrative Assistant for my whole career.  After retiring the first time, I went back to the same large company as a contractor (short-term assignments), and gained a reputation as THE person to request if a department had lost an admin and needed someone to fill in until a new permanent person was hired.  I love cleaning out and organizing stuff, and several departments are VERY happy that I worked with them.  And the new permanent person was always happy because they didn't have to step into whatever mess and bad habits the prior person might have left.  

• Love 3

I didn’t find her appealing.  I  actively disliked her from the get go.  I didn’t see a genuine person there, seemed she was acting a part or trying to appear normal.   Lol

I agree that the table will become cluttered and stay that way.  The organization system was good in theory but she will have a difficult time putting things away in the right basket.  It would have been better to have the doors solid wood.  

It will work for her because she has no need for a living room.  And she can swing and kick the clouds he he he he he he in two places.  Her laugh was annoying.   

@AZChristian, is there anyone else you could enlist to help with your brother?  Several of you doing an intervention of sorts but under the name of cleaning team?  Sounds like he is overwhelmed  it maybe appreciate someone just doing it.  

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, Wings said:

@AZChristian, is there anyone else you could enlist to help with your brother?  Several of you doing an intervention of sorts but under the name of cleaning team?  Sounds like he is overwhelmed  it maybe appreciate someone just doing it.  

One of the problems with many hoarders is that they are very possessive about their stuff, and will not allow just anyone to "help" them.  Example:  He lives in a tiny apartment, but has two big "see-through drawers" units with nuts, bolts, nails, etc.  He also has two huge tool boxes full of tools that he has - and will - never use.  Hubby asked him why he needed so many and his response was, "I've spent years collecting them."  So we're going to take them to our house (we have a storage area) temporarily, and then push him to let go of 90% of them when the initial clean-up is done.  He used to be quite tidy, but then got into going to yard sales and thrift shops.  But now, he can't keep up with cleaning . . . even if his place weren't cluttered . . . so we HAVE to declutter - but carefully.

• Love 6

I like how when they asked her about other colors besides bright yellow she said "Pink!"  And then purple and orange.  I thought Nate and Jeremiah would die right then and there.  I think it would be helpful to educate people how you can have somewhat neutral walls and furniture, but then add color through art, pillows, etc., OR, Nate and Jeremiah could guide the client with color choices if they really want more color throughout.

Wonder what her kitchen looked like?  Auggh.  Loved the vessel sink in the master bath.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Wings said:

Has he been a hoarder his entire life? 

Smart idea to offer storing them if that works. 

@AZChristian

Not really.  When he was first divorced (over 30 years ago), he had a tidy apartment that was nicely (if inexpensively) decorated.  His ex-wife wasn't much on housekeeping.  The hoarding started when he developed going to yard sales and thrift stores as his Saturday habit.  We often joke that - considering he's an atheist - he probably has more Christmas decorations than the store room at the local mall.  

• Love 2
3 hours ago, AZChristian said:

I've always said this is one of the best perks of having someone come clean every two weeks - you don't get a chance to let stuff pile up.

• Love 2