Type keyword(s) to search

Attack on Manga: The Literature Thread

If you want to talk about the manga, this is the place to do it. Ditto for the various spinoffs and retallings.

Truth be told, I have not touched the manga. The only book I've gotten is Attack on Titan Anthology, which had American creators taking on the mythos. I found out last year through a Free Comic Book Day offering from Kodansha Comics. There was good stuff based on and about the manga/anime. Faith Erin Hicks had a coming-of-age story akin to Eren/Mikasa, with a biggest weakness for the Titans. Genevieve Valentine and David Lopez pop up to do a young woman reporter's travelogue of the AoT world. The big draw for me was Evan Dorkin doing gag strips, with stuff like Sasha feasting on a freshly-killed Titan, the unhinged four-eyed lady's quests to defeat the Titans, and Eren unsuccessfully trying to transform.

I'm posting today because Kodansha will be putting out a FCBD issue tomorrow from Jody Houser and Emi Lenox. I don't know if there's going to be another book anytime soon, but it's fun to see Western takes on Eastern favorites.