Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E06: To Liver And Die In Charleston

• Start Topic

(edited)
1 hour ago, ninjago said:

Shep has talked about how important it is for the woman he marries to fit in and belong with his family, mentioning specifically she needs to "know how" to hang out with his mother at the country club.  That, and some of the other stuff Shep has said about his family and his attitudes towards Craig and Trav makes me believe, for all his easy going charm, Shep is a product of his upbringing and he is only going to be comfortable settling down with someone who is, ahem, OC.

Reading this made me think back to the description on the show on IMDB, and it's a huge LOL:

"Southern Charm" reveals a world of exclusivity, money and scandal dating back through generations of families in Charleston, S.C. The docuseries follows several Charleston singles as they pursue their personal and professional lives while trying to preserve their family names because just one social faux pas can taint a family's name for generations. 

HA! Considering the original cast and how it evolved to the current cast, that description is such a hoot. 

2 hours ago, ninjago said:

Austen and Chelsea belong on a different show.  They are totally tacked-on and irrelevant to the rest of the cast.  Maybe they could become yachties and be on the first season of Below Deck: Mid-Atlantic.

Chelsea posted on her Instagram about being a yachty for a week or so. Austen can be her drunk steward.

Seriously though, Chelsea's no socialite and obviously not "OC" (or trying hard to be one, like ahem, *Landon*), but she's a badass, outdoorsy, active chick, who seems fun to be around with. If I were a guy, I'd ask her out first before OC and high-maintenance Landon.

Edited by slowpoked
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, ninjago said:

Shep has talked about how important it is for the woman he marries to fit in and belong with his family, mentioning specifically she needs to "know how" to hang out with his mother at the country club.  That, and some of the other stuff Shep has said about his family and his attitudes towards Craig and Trav makes me believe, for all his easy going charm, Shep is a product of his upbringing and he is only going to be comfortable settling down with someone who is, ahem, OC.

The pecker does the picking, ime.(tm Millionaire Matchmaker)

hanging at the country club can be learned.

Was It on that show that a man was in love with the beer cart girl and regretted letting her go?

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

Was It on that show that a man was in love with the beer cart girl and regretted letting her go?

Yes, that was the infamous T-Rav's words of wisdom dinner party in which he thought he could impart some life advice by insulting all of his guests after telling the woeful tale of how the country club beverage cart girl was the love of his life but she didn't fit into his perfect "Glass Menagerie." If your DVR is set to automatically record SC, you are in luck!! Bravo just aired this episode yesterday!!!

• Love 6

I think I would watch a weekly show of Cameran showing off her clothes. I adore her style! I'll take her body too. It's unfair that that woman stuff all kinds of garbage in her mouth and she still rocks a body like that...and it doesn't even seem like she's a regular exercise person. I don't understand why Cameron is so obsessed with Shep finding a woman. Why doesn't she first help him shape up so that he's somewhat desirable to a woman, lol. 

This whole Austen thing is a weird way to integrate a new cast member on a show - he's been very limited with his interactions with the main cast. So it seems like Austen in the only one in the cast that may be financially fending for himself. His father described his situation as living hand to mouth so making just enough for rent, food, etc.? 

Just seeing Landon's face really annoys me and then hearing her voice is just, ugh, lol. This is at least the second time she's made some reference to being older than her boy toy in a way that suggests that people are ribbing on her about it when no one made any digs about her being older than him, lol. 

Maybe it's because it's been a while since I've seen Patricia but she clearly has had work done recently. I have never heard of a sip and see. It makes the baby seem like some kind of accessory.

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

Especially when low-level woman claims to have done some "modeling."  Model, to men, are like Dr.'s to women.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, RHJunkie said:

I think I would watch a weekly show of Cameran showing off her clothes. I adore her style! I'll take her body too. It's unfair that that woman stuff all kinds of garbage in her mouth and she still rocks a body like that...and it doesn't even seem like she's a regular exercise person. I don't understand why Cameron is so obsessed with Shep finding a woman. Why doesn't she first help him shape up so that he's somewhat desirable to a woman, lol. 

This whole Austen thing is a weird way to integrate a new cast member on a show - he's been very limited with his interactions with the main cast. So it seems like Austen in the only one in the cast that may be financially fending for himself. His father described his situation as living hand to mouth so making just enough for rent, food, etc.? 

Just seeing Landon's face really annoys me and then hearing her voice is just, ugh, lol. This is at least the second time she's made some reference to being older than her boy toy in a way that suggests that people are ribbing on her about it when no one made any digs about her being older than him, lol. 

Maybe it's because it's been a while since I've seen Patricia but she clearly has had work done recently. I have never heard of a sip and see. It makes the baby seem like some kind of accessory.

Cameran is really the epitome of what I imagine a Southern Belle to be.  I love her style also.  She always looks classy.  And yes, apparently she eats a lot of garbage but she must work out pretty obsessively because when they showed her exercising she seemed pretty strong.  

Landon is just one of the most irritating women on the planet.  I do not think TRav is interested in her.  Just thinking it makes for a good story line. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, ninjago said:

2 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

Why doesn't she first help him shape up so that he's somewhat desirable to a woman, lol. 

I know right?! The Amal Clooneys of the world are certainly not going after the 40-year old fratboy types. And even the Daisy types are passing over him for Thomas.

Shep may talk a big talk about OC and country club types, but as smart as he is, it doesn't seem like he knows that he won't find that woman who needs to "fit in with his family" (*rolleyes*) in corners of dark, stinky, dive bars. Was it Cameran, or someone else, who said, if he wants to have that wife, he's gotta make an effort in actually finding her? She won't magically fall into his lap. And seeing as how his latest conquest came out looking like he picked her up from said dive bar, he's not going to find that wife anytime soon. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, gunderda said:

I think it's hard to say lateness can be attributed to one exact thing.... I have a friend who is late a lot and I wouldn't say she think she's more important than everyone.  She just has a VERY laid back attitude to where she thinks nothing is up the upmost importance.  But she also have a very high-strung husband so that might play a factor.  When we hang out we try to tell her an earlier time.. but of course every time we do that she's actually on time lol

I think most boyfriend/girlfriends husband/wives would not be happy to hear that their significant other has been talking about them to other people.  But it's a fact of life.  It happens and everyone does it.  I'm single and every single of my friends talk to me about their husband. So while I'm sure that annoys Craig (because I'm sure none of my friends husbands would be happy about it either) I think it's more about what Naomi is talking about to them.  He does seem to have a short fuse though so that's something he really need to work on.  He goes low pretty quick and you really can't do that in a relationship.

I did a quick perusal of "people who are always late" and there are interesting theories out there.

Rude,self centered and lack of concern for others is one.

Type B personalities is another. They did trials with A and B personalities in estimating a minute.  Type A averaged 58 seconds.  Type Bs went to 77 seconds before they thought a minute had passed.

Multi takers tend to lose track of time.

Creative people who try different things and aren't set on a certain kind of life.

People who are chronically late are often successful. 

Hmmm.  I like being 10 minutes early.  I find this interesting.  Naomi should try lying to Craig about what time they need to be somewhere.

Craig should incorporate a class on fighting positively in his Renaissance Man life.  He could use it.  Otherwise, I'm still okay with Gizmo's servant. 

Also. Non sewer here.  Programmed or not, I find the embroidery cool.  That he even knows how to thread everything where it needs to be threaded. ....

• Love 5
22 hours ago, Babyfoot said:

I could watch an entire episode - actually an entire series-  of Cameran dining in haunted Charleston restaurants with her hoo doo doll.

As long as she has frequent wardrobe changes, I'm in too!  I gasped aloud at her pantsuit for Patricia's dinner.  She's so my girl crush.

Naomie, I've said it before but really - RUN!  I speak from experience.  I dated and then married someone who was plenty smart and charming, but unmotivated about life in general while I was in law school, passed the bar, started practicing etc.  20 years on and we got divorced after he hit mid-life crisis and blamed me for never having achieved what he wanted in life.  (As if he could even articulate what that was.). You deserve better, girl.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, LIMOM said:

Trav was the one who was still lamenting letting go of the beverage cart woman many years later because his family didn't approve of her and she didn't belong in his world. That's exactly what I am thinking about with Shep.  Both of these guys are way too beholden to their families, way too enamored of their idealized version of their upbringing, to venture outside of what they know.

I'm not saying this about all men or all rich men.  I'm saying this specifically about Shep and Trav.

• Love 3

IIRC, Thomas did NOT say that "his family did not approve" of Bev Cart Girl. It was all HIS feeling about how she somehow did not fit in his world or his conception of who his wife should be, her background, etc. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, RedHawk said:

IIRC, Thomas did NOT say that "his family did not approve" of Bev Cart Girl. It was all HIS feeling about how she somehow did not fit in his world or his conception of who his wife should be, her background, etc. 

Wasn't he also so impressed that Kathryn has Calhoun in her family's background?

• Love 5

Most of this episode was enjoyable, minus Craig and Naomi fighting.

Shep and Cam's lunch was nice and funny. His reaction to the doll was funny. It seems like Cam is maybe giving up her dream (storyline) of him and Chelsea. I agree with Cameron that Shep is bored and that is why he parties so much. I don't think that a woman is the answer to all his problems however.

shep and Kathryn's interactions were cute but sad knowing she is no longer in a good place. Her reaction to him wanting to do yoga was funny.

lol at Cameron saying Patricia better watch out for her house getting burned to the ground.

Jennifer was a little shit stirrer by coming down and telling Craig that Naomi was talking about him. Those two have a lot of issues they need to work out.

• Love 1

I hoped Craig's comment last week that he (paraphrasing here) " hoped Naomi knew how lucky she was to be with him" was taken out of context; however after seeing this episodes, it seems he really believes that he's the catch in the relationship. He's freaking delusional.

Seeing Naomi stand up for herself in the presence of cameras makes me wonder if she wasn't crazy about how she appeared last season.  We didn't get to see much of her personality last year.  Other than when she was upset at the bourbon tasting fiasco, she came off as the somewhat spoiled, but doting girlfriend to Craig.  She seems to be making a point of calling Craig out on camera.  Frankly, I kind of don't blame her.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I have my own theories about people who are known for their chronic lateness.  It goes much deeper than being late for events, imo.  I don't have anything scientific, but, I know what I have discovered.  I've had to end friendships, romances, and even let employees go, due to this problem.  To me, it's reflective of a larger dysfunction, based on what I have seen.  

To me, it's simple arrogance.

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, RedHawk said:

I would have sworn he talked about how against that relationship his sisters were.  I apologize if I am wrong about that, but, even then, I maintain that neither Shep nor Thomas are ever going to settle down with someone who isn't all ready a member of their social circle.

I predict in five years or so Shep and Trav will be fighting over Eliza Limehouse.

Edit:  Others have pointed out I am wrong that Trav said his sisters disproved of his relationship with the Beverage Cart Girl.  Sorry for passing on bad information.  I must have confused it with something else. 

Edited by ninjago
9 minutes ago, ninjago said:

I would have sworn he talked about how against that relationship his sisters were.  I apologize if I am wrong about that, but, even then, I maintain that neither Shep nor Thomas are ever going to settle down with someone who isn't all ready a member of their social circle.

I predict in five years or so Shep and Trav will be fighting over Eliza Limehouse.

They just showed the episode and unless he talked about her at another time he never mentioned his sisters other other members of his family in his mangling of his The Glass Menagerie analogy.

• Love 2
(edited)

Idk, I think Naomie was absolutely right on why Craigie is always late.  That he's in his own world -- Craigie-world.  He's self-absorbed, in his own mindset & seems totally indifferent to anyone's feeling about his lateness.  Naomie was right to express her feelings about his lateness.  Not sure she's handling him correctly tho because he still seems indifferent to her feelings about his lateness.  Not only isn't he acknowledging he's doing anything wrong, but he's actually attacking & criticizing her.  Kinda maddening.  Is there anything she can do about it?  Not really.  It's ultimately up to him to change his behavior.

I was like Craig when I was his age.  Yup, I was indifferently late all the freakin' time.  For friends, family, business appointments, weddings, graduations, theater, concerts, parties, flights, cruises, various trips . . . oh you name it, I was late, late, late.   Tons of people yelled & screamed at me & called me an asshole & all sorts of names.  Sure, I missed some appointments, but it never cost me any friends -- eh, maybe a few dates or boyfriends I didn't care about anyway.  My good friends & close family accepted this trait in me & let me get away with it.  So how & why did I change?  For me, it was for business.  Mostly, being late is simply not tolerated in the business world.  And once I developed the pattern of not being late while working in my career, I rarely have ever been late.  But that was me.  Is it possible Craigie might shed his late shtick if he had a job?  Maybe.

Now, I'm not saying that not having a regular job is a factor for someone for being routinely late.  Horseteeth, Whitney & Thom-ass don't have regular jobs & none of them seem to have this prob.  But it might be an explanation for Craigie being habitually late.  Gotta say, this Bravo gig is doing no favors for Craigie's personality.  His attitude is very strange.  He seems deluded as hell.  He's acting like he's Horseteeth or Whitney or Thom-ass -- like he's some heir to a fortune.  I mean, seriously, is Bravo paying him that much?  Or is he just weirdly deluded & in his own dreamworld, like Snowflake?  Or is it more scripted bullshit?  Given that he clearly worked hard to pass the bar, my guess is it's more scripted crap.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 9
(edited)

They had a Season 1 marathon yesterday. At the time Craig said his longest relationship had been a month. I am seriously not surprised lol. (And this is why I think he might be a closet case, not because he likes to sew lol. It's very odd for a seemingly-normal 25 year old man to have never had any kind of LTR, if even like 6 months to a year.)

What I am intrigued about is why Naomie puts up with it. I either think their turmoil is being exaggerated for the show or she has her own reasons for being with him (being his beard seems like a real possibility TBH). Regardless, I am not really the biggest Naomie fan.

I think Kathryn is so stunningly beautiful and because I'm a shallow bitch, she will always have a soft spot in my heart. I enjoyed her scene with Shep and for all the talk of how out of it she is on drugs (allegedly), she does a good job of appearing sober whilst filming. I hope she is just sticking to pot these days. I will always root for Kathryn and hope she can seek help and get her priorities straight.

I also don't think Thomas and Landon are remotely interested in each other (beyond maybe sex) and the show pretending anything otherwise is yet another sad, contrived storyline.

Edited by delicatecutter
  • Love 4

I definitely sympathise with Naomie, or "Nomie" in Craig's adenoidal fry. He's being a dilettante and he cannot handle being called on it. The scene where she comes in after a day out and he's at the Brother (product placement) sewing station (typical of this kind of behaviour, Craig doesn't just buy the sewing machine, he's bought himself the entire sewing experience, with his cotton rack etc), Craig is wearing exactly what he was wearing the day he unboxed the thing. Firstly, that looks like Frette linen, which costs a pretty penny and Craig is 'embroidering' it with orange cats from a template menu on the machine. Secondly, there's no inherent creativity in doing this. You see Naomie get interested in what he's done and then realise he's basically just held one of her exxy pillow cases in the right spot, loaded up a bobbin and pressed a button. Craig wants to win Project Runway for this, Naomie calls it for what it is, Craig has a hissy fit. 

He said 'Child, speak' to her!!! I would have walked right then. He then went on to call her a moron and spoilt. Craig seems to think that going to law school gives him the skills to twist words and obfuscate in situations when he is utterly in the wrong and that doing so allows him to 'win'. Oh, buddy. This isn't a presidential indictment, this is your girlfriend who is working her ass off to get a high level business degree AND comes from wealth AND for some reason thinks you are hot and wants to share her life with you. Craig might be #winning in his own head, but it will be at the expense of Naomie moving on to better things. This had nothing to do with Naomie being disloyal or a gossip. It burns my biscuits when one side creates fiction hoping that it will take the attention of the real issue, in this case, Craig's proven inability to bother being on time for anything. He's projecting. Naomie could easily say that Craig's lateness at her Haitian charity thing was disloyal to her as he wasn't supporting her.

Can we not, with the TRav/dolphin pseudo love story? There is zero chemistry there, which is kind of odd, as Thomas has chemistry with anything with a pulse, including polo ponies and Whitney. Can i also observe that TRav has AGED so badly? He's grey in the face, his ears look bigger,  his face looks leaner and more lined,  his hair looks thinner. He was a good looking man, but not so much now. And Boss Hog makes his comeback on a hog. I wonder when he got the new toy? 

Loved Shep for supporting Kathryn at a healthy activity and making it look easy and organic. I also noticed Jennifer's worrying tendancy to stir the pot when she came downstairs and reported to Craig that he was being talked about upstairs. i think she is a sweet person, but i don't know if she is the brightest bulb sometimes. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, queenjen said:

Can i also observe that TRav has AGED so badly

I will say the same thing about Craig and given his age that is more worrisome he has looked crappy this season most especially during the Sip and See and he isn't even 30.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

I will say the same thing about Craig and given his age that is m9re worrisome he has looked like crappie this season most especially during the Sip and See and he isn't even 30.

IKR! i misheard him this episode, due to his almost-as-irritating-as-Landon's vocal fry, he said 'i'm 28' and I heard '48' and didn't turn a hair until a coupla seconds later. I am not in the 'craig is cute' camp, though (I AM glad he's stopped fooling with his brows, though), but he trades on his looks and his aren't going to last much longer. And I'll say it again, these guys get away with doing ZERO body maintenance: they all have twig arms and flabby bodies. So the prospect of Craig in another ten years isn't so hot. (and I know he went to NY recently and did a marathon, but Craig has proven he never follows anything up at this stage, so that 's probably just a flash in the pan thing too).

• Love 2
5 hours ago, queenjen said:

IKR! i misheard him this episode, due to his almost-as-irritating-as-Landon's vocal fry, he said 'i'm 28' and I heard '48' and didn't turn a hair until a coupla seconds later. I am not in the 'craig is cute' camp, though (I AM glad he's stopped fooling with his brows, though), but he trades on his looks and his aren't going to last much longer. And I'll say it again, these guys get away with doing ZERO body maintenance: they all have twig arms and flabby bodies. So the prospect of Craig in another ten years isn't so hot. (and I know he went to NY recently and did a marathon, but Craig has proven he never follows anything up at this stage, so that 's probably just a flash in the pan thing too).

There isn't much interest in fitness by the men, but, I suppose that would be odd considering all the alcohol that's being consumed.  But, that doesn't stop the crew on Below Deck.  lol  Also, didn't Shep tell the nurse that he smoked?  I assume he meant tobacco.  That was a little surprising, with his family history with heart issues. 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, TexasGal said:

As long as she has frequent wardrobe changes, I'm in too!  I gasped aloud at her pantsuit for Patricia's dinner.  She's so my girl crush.

Naomie, I've said it before but really - RUN!  I speak from experience.  I dated and then married someone who was plenty smart and charming, but unmotivated about life in general while I was in law school, passed the bar, started practicing etc.  20 years on and we got divorced after he hit mid-life crisis and blamed me for never having achieved what he wanted in life.  (As if he could even articulate what that was.). You deserve better, girl.

I don't think I'd call him unmotivated though... lack of focus and concentration? Probably. If he was unmotivated then he wouldn't be out gardening... or doing woodworking.... or trying to get a rental property up and running.... or trying to start a clothing line.....  he'd be on his butt watching tv.  and we have learned that during this time he was studying for the bar. 

• Love 4
On 5/9/2017 at 8:54 AM, Lindy Dear said:

Craig should have his neck throttled for calling Naomi a "child" and worse still, "moron." That being said, I'm going against the grain here to say I, for one, admire a guy interested in sewing. So he has a lot in the air....house rehab, etc. Why not? He's reinvesting his earnings from the show. He's young! The push to force young people into "the right way" can be disastrous. All the rich boys on the show avoid joining "the rat race" as if it were the plague....but for a guy from a working class background...not so? Okay...he's since taken the bar and has a license? Just what we need? Another lawyer? Know how many miserable lawyers are already out there wishing they could be given permission to take up carpentering? Naomi is not-so subtly undermining him. "He's on planet Craig.. WERE on planet earth". Some have said she's still with him for the screen time. Ill ascribe higher motives than that to her. But it not, then Naomi, buh-bye. Something tells me there are a number of gals who would really appreciate a guy willing to personally embroider his own pillowcases!.

My husband's family pressured him into becoming a doctor. He did so, and he practiced successfully for many years. He earned a great deal of money, and was miserable every day. He finally gave it up when he turned 50. He went back to school, got his MBA, and now works in finance. He's always regretted letting himself be railroaded into doing something he didn't really want to do, and all those years he spent being miserable.

• Love 6
(edited)
On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 9:18 AM, TheFinalRose said:

Do not take the Lord's name in vain is just as much a commandment as is do not kill or steal, it's just not against the law like the other two are.

oops. misread that sentence. ^

On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 9:50 AM, pasdetrois said:

Is Naomie sticking with Craig solely for the Bravo opportunities (payment for being on the show, endorsements, etc.)? Can we have her on the show without being coupled with Craig? Maybe she thinks she cannot.

He's a smooth-talking, attractive charmer who knows how to move in certain social circles and wear pretty clothes, but his thinly-disguised arrogance and disdain for her are wearing thin. If someone spoke to me the way he did, especially publicly, his stuff would be out on my front sidewalk. She's not behaving well, either; her patience is gone and she's frustrated and angry at him. It's her job to move on, not keep berating him.

He's using her. He'll drop her like a hot potato if a better offer comes along, or if the relationship doesn't pay out in the way he expects.

I once warned a close friend that I would walk away after she kept me waiting in a restaurant for an hour, and after earlier similar incidents. She did it to everyone. I left the friendship.

This is what I think is going on too; he's using her & doesn't want to let go of that gravy train. Drop him Naomi!!!

I do that too (when waiting for people). Hell, I don't wait on ANYONE longer than 15 minutes & I'm including the head of my org.

Edited by DrSparkles
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, delicatecutter said:

They had a Season 1 marathon yesterday. At the time Craig said his longest relationship had been a month. I am seriously not surprised lol. (And this is why I think he might be a closet case, not because he likes to sew lol. It's very odd for a seemingly-normal 25 year old man to have never had any kind of LTR, if even like 6 months to a year.)

What I am intrigued about is why Naomie puts up with it. I either think their turmoil is being exaggerated for the show or she has her own reasons for being with him (being his beard seems like a real possibility TBH). Regardless, I am not really the biggest Naomie fan.

I think Kathryn is so stunningly beautiful and because I'm a shallow bitch, she will always have a soft spot in my heart. I enjoyed her scene with Shep and for all the talk of how out of it she is on drugs (allegedly), she does a good job of appearing sober whilst filming. I hope she is just sticking to pot these days. I will always root for Kathryn and hope she can seek help and get her priorities straight.

I also don't think Thomas and Landon are remotely interested in each other (beyond maybe sex) and the show pretending anything otherwise is yet another sad, contrived storyline.

I have a soft spot for Kathyrn for some reason as well, but I don't find her stunningly beautiful.  I think she can look pretty but it takes a lot of cosmetics and it has to be applied right.  I think her coloring is striking but sometimes her makeup looks clownish.  I do admire how she will be filmed with no makeup on.  

On Craig and Naomie, I think Naomie is thirsty for screen time.  Craig probably needs a mommy figure and sometimes she seems more like his mom.  I feel pretty confident Naomie wouldn't date Craig if he weren't on a reality show.

I don't think Thomas is interested in Landon, but I think she is interested in him.  He's everything she wants -- rich, social status, family name.  I could see him settling down with someone like her and then cheating on her with a Kathyrn type because someone like Landon is too boring for him.

• Love 5

Not to be ugly but the Ravenel family name isn't all that. He has a drug conviction and many are convinced is dad is an out and out racist.

I actually think Craig is in good shape. I think he is naturally thin and whatever ounce or two of muscle he has probably took effort. TRav looks to be in good shape in person and his main flaw is the start of a gut- but the man is mid fifties. Shep is the one who really seems to be bloating- give up some of the alcohol and whatever recreational substances he enjoys and I think he would look better. Heck- 4 days off booze and his face already looked different.  Lets hope he doesn't start the injectable like Whitney (& I suspect Thomas.)

FWIW- despite their playing the 'no-work' and 'man of leisure' routines Shep and TRav do have business interests they tend. So Craig not really working is a little bitt odd. I have a good friend at the law school and supposedly Craig has come by to visit professors on occasion. He basically treats the show as his living and paid off his student loans- which the friend says are typically 100-150k for the students. But when this gig ends he is going to need a steady source of employment.

And yeah- Noami does seem thirsty in terms of association with an in crowd. Wondering if everyone except them was at Pat's was a pretty big tell. To his credit Craig had no flips to give.

• Love 7
15 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Wasn't he also so impressed that Kathryn has Calhoun in her family's background?

And yet, acts like Trailer Park Honey Boo Boo. Just goes to show class and generally decent manners don't automatically come with a "royalty name". 

13 hours ago, ninjago said:

Wouldn't be surprised if that actually happens, at least with Shep. Once she's legal and all he's going to try to rope him in in his world. TRav is more slimy just because Eliza refers to him as "grandpa" already. 

• Love 2

Side note:  Watching the Southern Charm: Savannah edition.  They really scraped the bottom of the barrel for this crew.  They all look more like Trailer Charm: Savannah.

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, slowpoked said:

And yet, acts like Trailer Park Honey Boo Boo. Just goes to show class and generally decent manners don't automatically come with a "royalty name". 

Being a Calhoun is not anything I'd brag about. Thomas must have skipped history class. John C. Calhoun supported slavery and was a racist.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/grade-point/wp/2017/02/11/yale-renames-calhoun-college-because-of-historic-ties-to-white-supremacy-and-slavery/

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Major Bigtime said:

Being a Calhoun is not anything I'd brag about. Thomas must have skipped history class. John C. Calhoun supported slavery and was a racist.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/grade-point/wp/2017/02/11/yale-renames-calhoun-college-because-of-historic-ties-to-white-supremacy-and-slavery/

Oh yes, I'm aware of his past. But I was referring more to how these "blue bloods" act like Kathryn is royalty just because of the name. Never mind her trailer park manners. Not exactly the type of date you bring to mom's country clubs.

• Love 1

Anyone notice JD arriving to the party on a motorcycle with his wifey in tow?  That surprised me a bit.  Didn't think that's his style at all.  But next ep previews show him hunting, so I think there is much (probably quite repulsive) we don't know about JD.  Still, I kinda like his presence on the show.

And what about when Naomie asked JD & wifey for a lift home.  Uh, where are ya gonna ride, Ms. Genius?  On the motorcycle tailpipe?  I'm not thrilled with Craigie's behavior lately, but Naomie seems like a haughty entitled brat.  Not exactly thrilled with her either.  She just doesn't bug the piss outta me like Snowflake -- ugh, those squinty eyes & that awful non-stop whining & her incredibly annoying phony laugh.  Gah!

• Love 7

I didn't realize how much I missed Patricia, Our Lady of the Caftans, until she was all over this episode.  She is gold.  Just amazing.

Not enough Gizmo.  Get on that, show.  We need Gizmo's reactions to all the fuckery.

I actually like seeing Craig being all homemaker-esque.  His glee over the sewing machine and embroidery makes me giggle.  That said, he was being a dick to Naomie.  Naomie was giving it right back though. I think she has issue with Craig not being an attorney because she wants to be with an attorney. I do agree with her though that he seems unfocused and is attempting to do too many things.

I love sober Shep. The yoga scene was cute as well as Shep bragging to his mom that he was making a smoothie.  

Cameran shouldn't be talking to Naomie about Craig's purchase.  Even though she's his girlfriend, she's not part of the deal.

I wouldn't mind seeing Cameran showing Charleston area homes.  Much better than her playing matchmaker. If that's all she's got, she really shouldn't be on the show.

I also noticed that no one was really watching Kensie.   She was so cute saying "party!" on her way in.  Come on, TRav.  You can go without your libations for one afternoon.

Jennifer was being messy with gossiping to Craig about what Cameran and Naomie were talking about. 

Overall, really liked the episode.  More Patricia and Gizmo, please. 

• Love 9
56 minutes ago, psychoticstate said:

I didn't realize how much I missed Patricia, Our Lady of the Caftans, until she was all over this episode.  She is gold.  Just amazing.

Not enough Gizmo.  Get on that, show.  We need Gizmo's reactions to all the fuckery.

I actually like seeing Craig being all homemaker-esque.  His glee over the sewing machine and embroidery makes me giggle.  That said, he was being a dick to Naomie.  Naomie was giving it right back though. I think she has issue with Craig not being an attorney because she wants to be with an attorney. I do agree with her though that he seems unfocused and is attempting to do too many things.

I love sober Shep. The yoga scene was cute as well as Shep bragging to his mom that he was making a smoothie.  

Cameran shouldn't be talking to Naomie about Craig's purchase.  Even though she's his girlfriend, she's not part of the deal.

I wouldn't mind seeing Cameran showing Charleston area homes.  Much better than her playing matchmaker. If that's all she's got, she really shouldn't be on the show.

I also noticed that no one was really watching Kensie.   She was so cute saying "party!" on her way in.  Come on, TRav.  You can go without your libations for one afternoon.

Jennifer was being messy with gossiping to Craig about what Cameran and Naomie were talking about. 

Overall, really liked the episode.  More Patricia and Gizmo, please. 

I thought the same about Kensie-then I rewatched the show and there was a woman in slacks chasing after her-definitely not in party attire..  I think he brought a nanny so he could film.  I am never sure how many stops and starts they have during filming but it seemed there was going to be a Thomas/Jennifer chat and production probably didn't want the distraction of Kensie in the conversation.

My gripe with Naomie,  why is it Craig's extra-curricular activities placed below her charity events (including the NYC Marathon)?  It just seems his activities should be on equal footing with her  activities.  Naomie has pretty much said, Craig was studying during filming but it was too boring to film so they focused on his hobby like activities.  I agree I do believe Naomie is quite interested in the status of being married to an attorney. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, psychoticstate said:

I also noticed that no one was really watching Kensie.   She was so cute saying "party!" on her way in.  Come on, TRav.  You can go without your libations for one afternoon

A driver takes him to/from location shooting. Remember the black town car we've seen him exiting in the past? And yes, the nanny is always "on set" to assure the kids are not in anyone's way, happy and having fun.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, delicatecutter said:

I don't think it's at all unusual for a guy at 25 to not have had a long term relationship. I have an older brother who his first long term relationship was around 30 and they broke up because he cheated on her. That was the reason he had never had any LTRs before. He was an unrepentant cheater. Hell, he cheated on his wife the entire time they "dated." It's hard to call their relationship "dating" because in reality he decided to wife up his regular reliable booty call. He'd never admit it, but the only reason that they are married is because he wanted to have kids. In season 1, they implied that Danni was one of Shep's longer relationships and they imploded at 4 months. The average age of men for their first marriage in the US is 29. Craig is right on track.

I think Naomie and Craig are absolutely exaggerating their issues.

Didn't Kathryn admit that when she was hooking up with Shep that they would read, talk about books, and have sex. I find it interesting that Shep could pull that out of Kathryn, but when she's with Thomas she's a lot more unstable and mercurial.

Thomas isn't interested in Landon. He wants the hot female version of himself--someone who can hold it together in public, but is crazy in all the right ways (in bed and occasionally jealous). 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Thomas isn't interested in Landon. He wants the hot female version of himself--someone who can hold it together in public, but is crazy in all the right ways (in bed and occasionally jealous). 

Perfect summation.

• Love 1
(edited)

I suppose that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but, I really do think that Kathryn is quite beautiful.  Granted, she needs makeup to get that look, but, when done up properly, she is indeed stunning, imo.  Of course, I'm partial to auburn hair. (Runs in my family, though, I don't have i.t)  It's unfortunate that her insides do not match the outside.  Her demeanor reflects her true self and the outward beauty doesn't stand a chance. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 3
17 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I suppose that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but, I really do think that Kathryn is quite beautiful.  Granted, she needs makeup to get that look, but, when done up properly, she is indeed stunning, imo.  Of course, I'm partial to auburn hair. (Runs in my family, though, I don't have i.t)  It's unfortunate that her insides do not match the outside.  Her demeanor reflects her true self and the outward beauty doesn't stand a chance. 

I agree she can look really amazing, though she has a tendency to over makeup (I've seen a lot of that on the RH, too; maybe a less skilled makeup person over over-compensating for TV lights?). But I always think it's a big mistake to think we really know anyone's "insides" based on nothing more than what we see on a highly manipulated and edited TV show and gossip sites.  I forgive a lot with someone her age, especially in the unusual circumstances she's in. If she's still in the same place in 5 years, that's another story. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Didn't Kathryn admit that when she was hooking up with Shep that they would read, talk about books, and have sex. I find it interesting that Shep could pull that out of Kathryn, but when she's with Thomas she's a lot more unstable and mercurial.

Really? I don't remember that. Because when asked for Shep's version of the events, all he remembers was where they did it - bedroom, couch, living room floor, etc.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, robroy said:

Not to be ugly but the Ravenel family name isn't all that. He has a drug conviction and many are convinced is dad is an out and out racist.

Something tells me that neither of those gives Landon pause. 

(edited)

The winner of this episode for me was Michael, when he picked up the dog and carried him over his shoulder like a baby and baby-talked to him, "They don't want you here." Cuteness.

Patricia, I'm not sure her age, but she doesn't seem very healthy. She is always sitting down and she doesn't seem to be active at all. She is always hiding her body under a drape and though her mind is sharp, I wonder if she is well or not, physically. She clearly inherited a lot of really nice things. But when she spends money it's on this cheap inflatable crap. She likes to drink a lot, which at her age, is really bad for the mind and body. 

Thomas must have a shit ton of money for her to adore him so much. His character sucks. But I do hope she is able to see Whitney with a grandchild. She would be a great grandma to have. I would kill to have her for a grandma! Who will she leave all her china and jewelry too? Maybe Whitney  is waiting for her to pass away so he has a ring to propose with. He seems pretty cheap as hell.

In line with the cheap, I think that old money, who lives off fixed incomes of trust money, are really frugal with girlfriends. I think they are all single because they don't want to share their wealth, or let anyone know how little disposable income they have... maybe. All their money is tied up in investments and it appears they are all living off trust money and interest. Makes you a frugal rich folk. 

My aunt married an heir, who inheirted really nice things. However, it didn't equate to actual cash but allowances, mostly for philantrophy work. For example, the yaght could be used for personal 2 times a year. The house and utilities came from a trust that was set a certain monthly limit. Everything was budgeted--- $ that could be spent on help,$ on maintenance, $ for travel, etc. It's all very legal and no real cash is at her disposal. She also has access to the corporation perks, to an extent. She can use the valet for home parties, given their is still money in budget. So if the company has 10,000 allocated to valet a year, she can use 1,000 of it. Stuff like that. Everything she does is itemized. However, when she needs something, it comes from her monthly allowance, so she heads to $ stores. Reminds me exactly of Patrica. Living on a pretty large, but fixed, income. Same with Shep and Thomas. If they were independently wealthy and/or worked for real, I think they would be different people. 

Edited by bravofan27
  • Love 5
(edited)
7 hours ago, robroy said:

I have a good friend at the law school and supposedly Craig has come by to visit professors on occasion. He basically treats the show as his living and paid off his student loans- which the friend says are typically 100-150k for the students. But when this gig ends he is going to need a steady source of employment.

I was wondering if Craig used some of his Bravo money to pay off student loans. Good for him! I think once he had those debts paid, he wanted to put his other funds to use, so one idea was buying the house. I admire him for looking for investments (his undergrad degree was in business, btw) and sure, he may be driving a luxury vehicle and taking expensive vacations, but he's earned the money. He is also doing charity work and was indeed studying for the bar.  I don't quite get the "he's living off Naomie" thing, because even if they lived rent-free before and may be now, he's probably paying all his other bills.

Some might say that Naomie used him to get on the show. The story is that she reached out to him after the first season and they began dating. I don't believe she was thirsty and ambitious in the way Kathryn was, not nearly so, but maybe just a bit wanting Craig because he was "famous"? She brought her youth and French beauty, plus a monied family. Craig was on his way to being a lawyer, already a Bravo-lebrity, and is young and attractive. He most likely gets a bigger Bravo paycheck than her, and unless she has income or investments of her own in addition to that check, he now has more money. So I'm not seeing that he's using her any more than she's using him.

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 5
(edited)

Sometimes, when people make a comment, it just strikes me a certain way and sticks.  When someone asked Criag why he wanted to buy a house, he said, "Because, I can."  It's odd, but, him saying that, made me think that he really can't.  It's an odd comment to me. Was he trying to say that he had money ready to invest, good credit, available cash, etc.  ?  Whenever someone has to remind me how rich they are......from my experience, they aren't.  

I found an article on the net worth of the cast.  I'll put link on the Southern Charm in The Media thread.  I was shocked.

Edited by SunnyBeBe
19 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Sometimes, when people make a comment, it just strikes me a certain way and sticks.  When someone asked Criag why he wanted to buy a house, he said, "Because, I can."  It's odd, but, him saying that, made me think that he really can't.  It's an odd comment to me. Was he trying to say that he had money ready to invest, good credit, available cash, etc.  ?  Whenever someone has to remind me how rich they are......from my experience, they aren't.  

I found an article on the net worth of the cast.  I'll put link on the Southern Charm in The Media thread.  I was shocked.

Eh, that goes both ways. Sometimes I find people who make it clear that they are rich, really are rich. Sometimes they "lead with their money" (and/or their name, as in the case of Thomas) because they are actually insecure.  

I think Shep should settle down with Landon, soon. They both want a family (2 kids for Shep and Landon being 35 or 36 now then that will be the perfect number for her), they clearly are friends and were attracted to each other at one time, but the timing was off. He will give her the financial security and the weekend parties she craves, and he will have someone who loves him, bad liver and all.  

• Love 1
(edited)
37 minutes ago, TheFinalRose said:

I think Shep should settle down with Landon, soon. They both want a family (2 kids for Shep and Landon being 35 or 36 now then that will be the perfect number for her), they clearly are friends and were attracted to each other at one time, but the timing was off. He will give her the financial security and the weekend parties she craves, and he will have someone who loves him, bad liver and all.  

The problem is that Shep needs a wife with a brain...

Seriously, Shep is an intelligent man, and he needs a woman who can have actual discussions with him and engage that intellect. He might enjoy Landon in many ways, and they could even connect emotionally and be intimate, but I don't see her as well educated, well read, or intellectually curious enough for him.

ETA: And he might not be well-traveled enough for her. I read in one bio that he once lived in Dubai, maybe when he was a teen and his father worked there or something. However, Shep came across to me as very unsophisticated when he was in Los Angeles, and I got the impression that he does not travel much outside of maybe the South. Of course, with the show he will travel more for appearances, and now he's "on the road in search of love". But that's not travel in the way one does it to learn about other places and other cultures. I'm not sure that's Landon's travel either, as she seems more inclined to follow the polo and ski seasons and land in other places where the wealthy gather.

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 1