Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E06: To Liver And Die In Charleston

• Start Topic

No excuse for the way Craig talks to Naomi.  

Shep was cute trying to stay sober and Kathryn tooked great at yoga.  

What does Jennifer do for a living?  Her home is beautiful. 

• Love 2

I've threatened to leave that person who can't be on time, behind. 

If they're usually an hour late and the event starts at 7, we tell them it starts at 6.

In the end, I just passive aggressively lie about the time we're supposed to be there. 

I don't think either Craig or Naomi came off well.  You don't leave someone behind.  Totally get her frustration, it's a bad habit of his, but.  You don't leave someone behind.

My annoyance with Craig on this issue has been covered-nothing to add.

• Love 4

Craig was all manners of passive aggressive the last two eps. Anything other than unending adulation is somehow tearing him down, discussing anything about him is gossip, asking him questions is childish and the overall condescension is just annoying. He is completely the guy who just treats someone like a dick until they bail or relent to his brand of pissy superiority.

FWIW- 200k in Mt Pleasant is Vienna sausage money. That's basically a multifamily unit that's either older or further out. So expecting loads of charm, higher level finishes and a great layout was really not reasonable. When he dropped the gem about not wanting it in his portfolio I had to laugh at his pretentious ass. The goal of an investment/rental property is to either have cash flow or break even and have an increase in value while you own it. Collecting properties for some grand splash in Architectural Digest is not how it works.

I'm late to this show in general but I now completely understand why Shep, Thomas and crew don't have patience for Craig. And I'll bet you $100 he never functions as an actual lawyer. He wants to show up to grand announcements and proclamations but chasing business, tracking billable hours and working instead of chasing your social dreams do not seem to be his gig.

I'm not saying they are grand people but I think Thomas and Landon are probably a good match. They are both near the top end of what will be available to the other.

• Love 11
16 minutes ago, dosodog said:

If they're usually an hour late and the event starts at 7, we tell them it starts at 6.

I have a chronic friend and that's exactly what I have to do. Punctuality is a respect. 

3 minutes ago, olivia1 said:

When I saw this I wondered if he had just peed in the bushes. 

Ha Ha Ha, that wouldn't surprise me! 

• Love 6

Naomi just keeps on getting better and better to me. If, as she said, she already told Craig that being on time is important to her, then why should she continue to have to arrive late and look disrespectful to the host? It takes discipline to start getting ready on time, or to leave on time to allow for traffic, etc. Naomi obviously is disciplined, Craig is not, and it says a lot to me that his reaction to being left is not a sheepish, "Oh gosh, she really means it" but "what a bitch." Ugh. Run Naomi. 

Every other episode of Southern Charm should include a dinner/luncheon at Patricia's. Of course the Landon/Thomas fix up is just for the show; I read online that Landon said she threw up in her mouth a little in real life when Patricia suggested she marry Thomas. 

Shep's one-night-stand from the beginning of the show: Really, at this point why would anyone sign a release to let themselves be filmed like that?

Now for that Savannah show: Just no. Zero magic to that cast. I found the whole cliquey, Savannah Country Day element to be a major turn-off. Won't continue to watch it as it sullies the name of the original SC.

• Love 17
8 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Funny, I get more of a gay vibe off Craig than I do Whitney!

I said that I think he's gay after the last episode. 

I fell out of love with Naomie last night when she said "GD", taking the Lord's name in vain and it wasn't bleeped out. That bothered me.

Patricia's dinner parties, as always, are a place I'd love to be. Here, I think, is the turtle bell she had:

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C9BKJA_enUS632US632&hl=en-US&ei=RrIRWfiyBIPXmwGlm7e4Cg&q=turtle+dinner+bell+brass&oq=turtle+dinner+bell+brass&gs_l=mobile-gws-serp.3..33i22i29i30k1.12895.14006.0.14421.6.6.0.0.0.0.582.2192.2-2j2j1j1.6.0....0...1c..64.mobile-gws-serp..1.5.1608...33i160k1.kuAogKrprLA#imgrc=I3G1S3BsHQT6UM:&spf=110

• Love 3

You know Craig had no good reason for being late, either. Just need 5 more minutes to embroider this tea towel before I hop in the shower... The look of shock and disdain on Naomi's face when she found out that Craig does not actually do the embroidery--it's all pre-programmed into the sewing machine! It's like, come on, this is your great, new, artistic passion and all you do is place in the kitty stencil, choose the orange thread, and then click start!

• Love 8
1 hour ago, snarts said:

What does Jennifer do for a living?  Her home is beautiful. 

I believe when she first joined this cast she was a practicing realtor? Her previous home downtown was equally gorgeous((she had a home tour on Bravo's site the second season))---I'm guessing she also comes from family money though, because she's shared her mother's beautiful house on social media as well and has apparently been in T-Rav's "OC" social circle for years. Having a sick baby seems to have really mellowed and humbled her; seems like she's quite genuine and well-liked by the cast, especially now that she's no longer putting up with Kathryn's antics.

41 minutes ago, TheFinalRose said:

Now for that Savannah show: Just no. Zero magic to that cast. I found the whole cliquey, Savannah Country Day element to be a major turn-off. Won't continue to watch it as it sullies the name of the original SC.

Amen. I was really looking forward to this in one way because I'm a PT Savannah resident and have some family there---it was a kick to see all the familiar spots and houses around the city. I know I've seen that blonde stylist chick around town at events before. But the cast isn't very naturally likable, attractive or charismatic and soooooo hyper aware of the cameras---just way too focused on being very....extra. And I really didn't need to see gross long-haired Billy Ray Cyrus-looking dude's bare ass either. If that's considered the town hunk, I feel bad for the single young women there; he makes Shep look like Brad Pitt.

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, Major Bigtime said:

I fell out of love with Naomie last night when she said "GD", taking the Lord's name in vain and it wasn't bleeped out. That bothered me.

Patricia's dinner parties, as always, are a place I'd love to be. Here, I think, is the turtle bell she had:

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C9BKJA_enUS632US632&hl=en-US&ei=RrIRWfiyBIPXmwGlm7e4Cg&q=turtle+dinner+bell+brass&oq=turtle+dinner+bell+brass&gs_l=mobile-gws-serp.3..33i22i29i30k1.12895.14006.0.14421.6.6.0.0.0.0.582.2192.2-2j2j1j1.6.0....0...1c..64.mobile-gws-serp..1.5.1608...33i160k1.kuAogKrprLA#imgrc=I3G1S3BsHQT6UM:&spf=110

I guess I don't understand why there is a question of Craig's sexuality.  If it is because he sews and cooks I find that baffling.  Many a professional tailor, clothing designer, chefs are male and heterosexual. 

I don't get why Naomie gets a pass with the way she talks to Craig.  He was sewing, they were there to film and she was eye rolling over the sewing.  She seemed disappointed the sewing machine was doing the embroidery.  She might want to try and show a little interest.  Same with the buying the property-that is something Craig wants, why she or anyone else is against is beyond me.  Cameran bitching about a "small commission" is really tawdry.  He is her client and she owes him a modicum of respect.  Same with Cameran and tell me what you want.  He obviously gave her some guidelines, rental property, a budget and a timeline.  I don't think Craig is the first real estate client to ever not buy a property he is shown.

Jennifer, who will forever be off limits because of her child and she does stir things up.   Craig was doing just fine outside until she announced that Cameran, Naomie and Shep were having a go at Craig behind his back.  When adults start talking about teaching another adult a lesson, I have issues with that type of behavior.   The thing is it does not sound as if Craig is all that heartbroken not to get an invitation to Patricia's.  Naomie on the other hand has not been on the receiving end of the esteemed invitation to Patricia's and feels ostracized.  Maybe Patricia doesn't like her.

As to the swearing, Naomie dropped an "f-bomb" after she was unsatisfied with Craig's answer about wanting to practice law.  She knew what Craig had to accomplish before he could even sit for the bar.   Answer the "effing" question does not make me feel sorry for Naomie.  She does not really seem to like Craig unless of course he is doing something for her Haitian Orphan charity.  Doesn't seem to bother her much when Craig goes to Haiti to visit the orphans (a week before the bar exam) or takes time off to run the NYC Marathon and raise $10,000.00 for her charity. 

• Love 17
6 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I guess I don't understand why there is a question of Craig's sexuality.  If it is because he sews and cooks I find that baffling.  Many a professional tailor, clothing designer, chefs are male and heterosexual. 

There has been speculation in certain circles in Charleston about Craig before he showed off his sewing skills. His lack of interest in Naomie is beginning to show. 

My only problem with swearing is taking God's name in vain. I am a Christian and it's just something that offends me personally, and when people do that I guess it makes the person look smaller in my eyes. Just a personal opinion.

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Craig was doing just fine outside until she announced that Cameran, Naomie and Shep were having a go at Craig behind his back. 

That is the Jennifer I don't like. She stirs shit. There was no reason for her to tell Craig that they were talking about him.  I will never forget the big fight she had with Thomas at Patricia's pool party and then went running to the phone to call Kathryn and get her all worked up about it. Glad her baby is doing well but it doesn't mean she's a nice person. 

• Love 14
(edited)
16 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I don't think he is gay.  And my comment about him pinging my gaydar has nothing to do with sewing and cooking.  I don't think Whitney is gay either.  i just was saying if I put both of them next to each other and someone asked who pings the gaydar, it would be Craig for me, not Whitney.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 2
(edited)

I would hazard a guess that production told Jennifer to go to Craig and get stuff started. 

Who was that poor girl who agreed to be filmed coming out of Shep's bedroom, bedraggled and hung over?

Edited by Major Bigtime
  • Love 4

The Duchess of Windsor had a turtle bell.  It was reported that she used it to make fun of her husband's nostalgic chats with old friends about things that occurred before she was in his life.

• Love 2

My only problem with swearing is taking God's name in vain. I am a Christian and it's just something that offends me personally, and when people do that I guess it makes the person look smaller in my eyes. Just a personal opinion.

I feel the same way. I also have an issue with people saying "Jesus Christ" every time someone does something offensive or pisses them off, like what does Jesus have to do with it? Do not take the Lord's name in vain is just as much a commandment as is do not kill or steal, it's just not against the law like the other two are. 

Jennifer, who will forever be off limits because of her child and she does stir things up.

She handled her adversity well but she still knows what Bravo expects when those cameras start rolling. 

• Love 4
  9 hours ago, sasha206 said:

If Craig was gay, he'd probably just be gay. It's offensive that a man can't enjoy doing something like sewing without people saying he's gay. And were you upset with Naomie because she said "god damn" or because it wasn't bleeped out? Bravo's kind of a bad channel to watch if you're easily offended by swearing.

• Love 16
On 5/5/2017 at 2:10 PM, Tara Ariano said:

Shep receives shocking news about his health

The Dr. told him his cholesterol levels can be easily fixed and if he layed off the booze for a while his liver will be ok, too. Big deal. I wouldn't exactly call that "shocking". 

• Love 12

I like Naomie, but I also think Craig is getting an unfairly bad rap here. Craig is chronically late -- something we've seen referenced many times before, and even prior to the sip and see in this very episode -- so expecting anything else at this point seems like an exercise in futility. He's also lied about the bar, repeatedly; switched jobs at the drop of a hat; shown little to no interest in actually practicing law; and has had the embroidery machine for at least a few days at this point.

It seems to me that Naomie is expecting a little too much from someone who has shown no indication that he's ready to grow up and settle down. People show you who they are; you either roll with it, or find someone else who suits you better.

Craig has also consistently acted like a petulant child when he thinks people are dogging him, so why anyone expected he WOULDN'T pitch a hissyfit at the sip and see is beyond me as well.

• Love 13

Michael, Michael, YooHoo. Well let me just go get him , I don't like people who yell.

Michael, break out that Costco (tm) liquor!

9 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Well Nomi did ask him why he was being so "prissy".

She said "pissy", not "prissy".

• Love 6
(edited)

Is Naomie sticking with Craig solely for the Bravo opportunities (payment for being on the show, endorsements, etc.)? Can we have her on the show without being coupled with Craig? Maybe she thinks she cannot.

He's a smooth-talking, attractive charmer who knows how to move in certain social circles and wear pretty clothes, but his thinly-disguised arrogance and disdain for her are wearing thin. If someone spoke to me the way he did, especially publicly, his stuff would be out on my front sidewalk. She's not behaving well, either; her patience is gone and she's frustrated and angry at him. It's her job to move on, not keep berating him.

He's using her. He'll drop her like a hot potato if a better offer comes along, or if the relationship doesn't pay out in the way he expects.

Loved how Michael picked up poor chubby Chauncey and loved on him as he carried him into the AC.

Shep looked notably healthier without drinking - his face had been looking rough.

Jennifer's definitely trying to earn that Bravo foldin' money.

ETA: I once knew a VA Tech football player who loved to sew. One of the most masculine men I ever knew.

I once warned a close friend that I would walk away after she kept me waiting in a restaurant for an hour, and after earlier similar incidents. She did it to everyone. I left the friendship.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 8

Craig should have his neck throttled for calling Naomi a "child" and worse still, "moron." That being said, I'm going against the grain here to say I, for one, admire a guy interested in sewing. So he has a lot in the air....house rehab, etc. Why not? He's reinvesting his earnings from the show. He's young! The push to force young people into "the right way" can be disastrous. All the rich boys on the show avoid joining "the rat race" as if it were the plague....but for a guy from a working class background...not so? Okay...he's since taken the bar and has a license? Just what we need? Another lawyer? Know how many miserable lawyers are already out there wishing they could be given permission to take up carpentering? Naomi is not-so subtly undermining him. "He's on planet Craig.. WERE on planet earth". Some have said she's still with him for the screen time. Ill ascribe higher motives than that to her. But it not, then Naomi, buh-bye. Something tells me there are a number of gals who would really appreciate a guy willing to personally embroider his own pillowcases!.

• Love 16
35 minutes ago, Major Bigtime said:

There has been speculation in certain circles in Charleston about Craig before he showed off his sewing skills. His lack of interest in Naomie is beginning to show. 

Craig has been very clear in what he expects in a relationship.  His expectations right or wrong are his.  If Naomie isn't on board with what he wants she can exit.  Not kowtowing to Naomie or wavering interest in her is not indicative of Craig being gay. There are plenty of other women in the world and perhaps these two are just not meant for each other.  To me it seems on one hand Naomie is very smitten with Craig and on the other she is embarrassed by his very being in the presence of the rest of the cast.  It is starting to feel like she is far more interested in Craig's social connections (on the show)  more than anything else.  She has had a number of "talking heads" where she has indicated Craig is just lucky to have her because of all his flaws.  I have a personal dislike for people who exit a relationship and then question their former partner's sexuality.  As far as the city of Charleston, maybe folks need to find something better to do.

I respect people's right to be offended at using the Lord's name in vain.  My point has more to do with Naomie, who uses profanity during a discussion and then is portrayed as some victim.  Effective communication during a "discussion" on the verge of an argument isn't helped by using profanity.  I thought she acted just as childish as Craig.  She certainly started the ball rolling by expressing her frustration with Craig in front of everyone.  Most people don't really want to hear about another's spats at a party.

• Love 13

This episode seemed especially contrived for the cameras.  The yoga session, the dinner party at Patricia's, those stupid dolls, etc.  I realize most of this show is producer driven, but it just seemed more obvious than usual last night. 

The only part that seemed genuine to me was Craig and Naomie's spat.  I'll admit there's a halo effect in regards to Craig for me.  No matter how much of an immature twat he can be, I'll always prefer him to the rest of this cast.  That said, it was painful watching him and Naomie last night.  They BOTH have a lot of work to do in their relationship.  It seems their communication skills need the most work, they're so passive-aggressive toward each other.  Craig was being really nasty toward Naomie, and it was disappointing.  Naomie didn't come out of that looking like an angel though; like some have mentioned above, she seemed far more concerned about not being invited to Patricia's than anything else.  My introverted self could really relate to Craig when he said he was happy in his own bubble.  I'd probably rather stay home and embroider cats on a pillow case, too!  Naomie was fuming though!  Perhaps there's the reason she "puts up" with all of Craigs antics - she wants to be a part of this "inner circle" is starting to see that the longer this show continues, the less Craig cares about being a socialite.  My armchair psychology is telling me that might be the true root of their issues.  Or, this could all be exaggerated for the cameras - since they seem to be doing pretty good in real time.

Kathryn doesn't really seem to have a place on this show anymore. 

• Love 15
2 hours ago, dosodog said:

I don't think either Craig or Naomi came off well.  You don't leave someone behind.  Totally get her frustration, it's a bad habit of his, but.  You don't leave someone behind.

1 hour ago, TheFinalRose said:

Naomi just keeps on getting better and better to me. If, as she said, she already told Craig that being on time is important to her, then why should she continue to have to arrive late and look disrespectful to the host? It takes discipline to start getting ready on time, or to leave on time to allow for traffic, etc. Naomi obviously is disciplined, Craig is not, and it says a lot to me that his reaction to being left is not a sheepish, "Oh gosh, she really means it" but "what a bitch." Ugh. Run Naomi. 

Several of us "unlicensed therapists" have diagnosed Craig with ADD, and being late all the time is a major characteristic. My husband is the same way, and I've threatened to leave him behind but don't think I ever actually did. What I did was as some mention, just tell him the event is an hour earlier. We did not realize he had ADD until a few years into our marriage, and it really changed the way I interact with him. We both realized he was not disrespecting me or anyone else by being late, he just lacks a strong concept of Time. Like Naomie, being on time is important to me, and I know to the minute just how long I need to get ready and get somewhere. Now my husband knows he has the problem with Time, so he works on it and I allow more time plus help keep him focused when he needs to be. 

I hope if Craig has some level of ADD that it will be diagnosed so he can use the "tips and tricks" to help him function better in a world -- and in a relationship -- where being on time is greatly important. 

• Love 5

I recall an old rerun of "Everybody Loves Raymond" where Deb got a curling iron stuck in her hair and Ray left without her. I think Naomie leaving Craig was a sitcom plot regurgitation (producer whispering "why not leave without him?")

• Love 7

I think both Craig and Naomie are just somewhat immature and both are in their first serious, live-in relationship. Plus they are being filmed for a reality show. So I can forgive both of them for their bad behaviors while hoping they have grown and improved since filming. Craig is now 28 and I think Naomie is 24. If there's real love there, then they need to work on communication styles, and I do think Craig needs to be tested for ADHD or ADD so they both understand his way of operating on "Earth" may not be the way the other 80% of us operate.  

• Love 11

My dislike of Craig continues. If your partner says your chronic lateness bothers them, and you care about them, you make an effort. I get the impression that Craig simply expects her to cater to his "personality" and whims but her expectations are stupid. And he didn't like her talking about him but he had no problem calling her some pretty offensive names out loud. Double standard much? under that golly shucks nice guy I see someone seething with anger and who acts like a spoiled child when those around him don't laud his every move and goes along with how he wants things to work. Run Naomi.

The girl coming down Sheps stairs in the morning. Gawd, did she not even have a hairbrush at her disposal? And she signed a waiver so her face could be shown? Ugh. And Shep with the whole "I prefer them to be gone in the morning cuz it's awkward." WTF the guy is a skeeze, all the mailbox money in the world ain't gonna change that.

Thomas and Landon. Snooze.

Patricia, you're a horrible snob but man I want an invite to one of your parties. Girl knows how to entertain!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Major Bigtime said:

I would hazard a guess that production told Jennifer to go to Craig and get stuff started. 

And she was more than willing to do it. Famewhore just like the rest of em'

• Love 5
1 hour ago, sasha206 said:

I don't think he is gay.  And my comment about him pinging my gaydar has nothing to do with sewing and cooking.  I don't think Whitney is gay either.  i just was saying if I put both of them next to each other and someone asked who pings the gaydar, it would be Craig for me, not Whitney.

Now, if it is a case of Craig being too cute to be straight, I am with you. ;-)

I don't see it. 

As a straight woman, we don't want Whitney lol.

As far as Craig, he is your variety 28 years old imo.

he does not want to be told what to do, imo.

My husband is the same way, despite many, many years of training...

Naomie will learn quick enough. She is smart, imo.

• Love 3
(edited)

Shep's "acting" skills were rather poor in the scene where he got the doctor's news (over the phone) about his liver enzymes. He was pulling a lot of surprised looks, when I'm sure he'd already heard the diagnosis and was prepared to re-enact that for the cameras. I give him credit for trying yoga and going off the drink for a few days. I hope he got plenty of positive feedback for that and maybe some sideways criticism of the "you're so much more fun when you're sober!" variety. Because it's true, he was much more charming being a sober, regular guy. When I was in my early 40s I noticed a divergence: The guys I knew who were big drinkers in their 20s and 30s had either cut way back and devoted more to their actual lives than their partying, or they continued drinking at the same levels and became full-blown alcoholics or are now "functional" in their day-to-day lives but drink from 5 o'clock until they go to bed. Neither of those last two ways makes for a happy, healthy individual.

Time to decide Shep!

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 7
46 minutes ago, AngryCarrot86 said:

This episode seemed especially contrived for the cameras.  The yoga session, the dinner party at Patricia's, those stupid dolls, etc.  I realize most of this show is producer driven, but it just seemed more obvious than usual last night. 

The only part that seemed genuine to me was Craig and Naomie's spat.  I'll admit there's a halo effect in regards to Craig for me.  No matter how much of an immature twat he can be, I'll always prefer him to the rest of this cast.  That said, it was painful watching him and Naomie last night.  They BOTH have a lot of work to do in their relationship.  It seems their communication skills need the most work, they're so passive-aggressive toward each other.  Craig was being really nasty toward Naomie, and it was disappointing.  Naomie didn't come out of that looking like an angel though; like some have mentioned above, she seemed far more concerned about not being invited to Patricia's than anything else.  My introverted self could really relate to Craig when he said he was happy in his own bubble.  I'd probably rather stay home and embroider cats on a pillow case, too!  Naomie was fuming though!  Perhaps there's the reason she "puts up" with all of Craigs antics - she wants to be a part of this "inner circle" is starting to see that the longer this show continues, the less Craig cares about being a socialiteMy armchair psychology is telling me that might be the true root of their issues.  Or, this could all be exaggerated for the cameras - since they seem to be doing pretty good in real time.

Kathryn doesn't really seem to have a place on this show anymore. 

To me it seems as if there isn't a niche for Naomie without Craig.  They already have a narrator in Cameran.  They have match makers in both Patricia and Cameran, they have a wild out of control woman in Kathryn and the sympathetic pot stirrer in Jennifer.  It feels like the producers want to show the relationships on this show are dysfunctional at best.  Here is an interview from last month.  Interesting that Naomie considers her conversations about Craig's future in law with Craig encouraging:  http://www.etonline.com/tv/214858_exclusive_southern_charm_craig_conover_naomie_olindo_home_tour/  The interview was before he got the bar results. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, pasdetrois said:

ETA: I once knew a VA Tech football player who loved to sew. One of the most masculine men I ever knew.

Wasn't it a big professional football player who loved to knit? Forgot his name but it was how he used to de-stress. Joe Namath? (Hmm...he's not that big...I remember him more for the pantyhose commercial) 

• Love 1
(edited)

Craig was out of line with the name-calling and put-downs of Naomie, especially in public -- when he's the one who demands she "stand by him". What did he think he was doing exactly? But then, I also saw Naomie cutting him down at home with her shocked dismay and dislike of his embroidery and sewing hobby. She wasn't encouraging him or being loving about it either, and she could have been more understanding about his effort to purchase a rental property. She comes across as controlling and wanting Craig to be a certain way rather than accepting of who he actually is. Still rooting for them as a couple though.

3 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Wasn't it a big professional football player who loved to knit? Forgot his name but it was how he used to de-stress. Joe Namath? (Hmm...he's not that big...I remember him more for the pantyhose commercial) 

Rosey Grier! I remember him -- Wikipedia says he does needlepoint.
Also: http://www.auntpeaches.com/2013/01/sexy-men-who-knit.html

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 5
(edited)
6 minutes ago, RedHawk said:

Craig was out of line with the name-calling and put-downs of Naomie, especially in public -- when he's the one who demands she "stand by him". What did he think he was doing exactly? But then, I also saw Naomie cutting him down at home with her shocked dismay and dislike of his embroidery and sewing hobby. She wasn't encouraging him or being loving about it either, and she could have been more understanding about his effort to purchase a rental property. She comes across as controlling and wanting Craig to be a certain way rather than accepting of who he actually is. Still rooting for them as a couple though.

Rosey Grier! I remember him -- Wikipedia says he does needlepoint.
Also: http://www.auntpeaches.com/2013/01/sexy-men-who-knit.html

Thank you @RedHawk and @zoeysmom 

I hate it when the cat (Gizmo) has my tongue! 

Edited by Mindthinkr
  • Love 3

I wonder if the young lady that descended from Shep's staircase, was really an overnight guest.  His cavalier and dismissive attitude and comments about his encounters just seemed so cold to me. Not very endearing. His charm doesn't go too far with me.  I think he has a huge problem respecting himself and women in general.   I hope he knows that the elevated liver enzyme is not always from alcohol. There are other causes, like heart disease.  

Craig reminds me so much of my ex.  CHRONIC LATENESS.  Man, how I wish that I had just taken off and gone to concerts, parties, flights, when I had planned, instead of indulging a chronic late comer.  Being late all the time is actually an intentional act.  Statistically, wouldn't you eventually be on time at least some of the time, UNLESS your actions are calculated.  

Why do people keep telling Kathryn that they are proud of her?  What have they done that causes them to be proud of her?  In light of the current situation, as we see it on the show, I just don't get it.  It just seems like a bizarre comment, to me. 

• Love 6

I'm sort of suspecting that the doctor Shep went to was really a veterinarian.  No EKG- especially in view of his father's heart attack history??  No Chest X-Ray?  The completely blase' attitude over the phone when giving his test results???  How half-assed can you get!! 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I wonder if the young lady that descended from Shep's staircase, was really an overnight guest.  His cavalier and dismissive attitude and comments about his encounters just seemed so cold to me. Not very endearing. His charm doesn't go too far with me.  I think he has a huge problem respecting himself and women in general.   I hope he knows that the elevated liver enzyme is not always from alcohol. There are other causes, like heart disease.  

Craig reminds me so much of my ex.  CHRONIC LATENESS.  Man, how I wish that I had just taken off and gone to concerts, parties, flights, when I had planned, instead of indulging a chronic late comer.  Being late all the time is actually an intentional act.  Statistically, wouldn't you eventually be on time at least some of the time, UNLESS your actions are calculated.  

Why do people keep telling Kathryn that they are proud of her?  What have they done that causes them to be proud of her?  In light of the current situation, as we see it on the show, I just don't get it.  It just seems like a bizarre comment, to me. 

Didn't she just finish rehab at that time?

• Love 2
1 minute ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I hope he knows that the elevated liver enzyme is not always from alcohol. There are other causes, like heart disease.  

It can also be from Hepatitis C which is a sexually transmitted disease. 

• Love 4

I forgot to mention in last week's episode how horrible Shep looked.  I used to think he was cute in a frat boy way.  But after playing basketball with Austen, he didn't look so much sweaty, as he did pale and clammy.  Yuck.  Pasty.  Definitely not looking well, especially for 37 years old.

My biggest pet peeve?  LATENESS.  Hate it.  My teenage son always makes fun of me because he says he can assume we will always be the first people at any of his games/activities, etc.  Oh well!  I dated a chronically late person for 2 years and it was miserable.  He never could get it through his thick skull how rude and disrespectful and dismissive of the value of other peoples' time it was.  He was late for frikkin Christmas.  Infuriating.  We actually broke up for good after an argument over him being late to something.  Buh-bye!  I totally would've left Craig too if I were Naomie.  But I think she's got her work cut out for her with that, since he obviously sees nothing wrong with his behavior.

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

Now, if it is a case of Craig being too cute to be straight, I am with you. ;-)

I don't see it. 

As a straight woman, we don't want Whitney lol.

As far as Craig, he is your variety 28 years old imo.

he does not want to be told what to do, imo.

My husband is the same way, despite many, many years of training...

Naomie will learn quick enough. She is smart, imo.

Ha, I don't find Craig cute!  But I don't think he's gay.  I don't think Whitney is either, but if forced to chose who might be, Craig would be my pick.

Which does bring up a different issue how sadly we all speculate because there are still people that are in the closet because they are fearful of being out.

And it brings up a related issue:  I hate when Andy constantly asks how many times someone has "swam in the lady pond."  He makes it sound salacious.  It strikes me as odd that someone is homosexual focuses so many of his questions on sexuaity.  It shouldn't matter.

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, Koalagirl said:

I'm sort of suspecting that the doctor Shep went to was really a veterinarian.  No EKG- especially in view of his father's heart attack history??  No Chest X-Ray?  The completely blase' attitude over the phone when giving his test results???  How half-assed can you get!! 

Personally I don't think that the "real" or whole interview and history with the DR was filmed. A Dr, seeing a first time patient, would ask more questions. I doubt that he (either the MD or Shep) would want it to be filmed as he was asking for his history and I'm sure he'd like to keep some of that private. Even when he was told his 'bad' cholesterol he wasn't given a value (#) and only one of his liver functions was elevated. SGPT or SGOT...? With his sexual promiscuity I'd venture a good Dr would ask him if he's been vaccinated against HPV...even a baseline AIDS test. Nah, this little visit to the Doctor was for the cameras and he might have had a more complete work up that we were not privy to.  If he didn't (especially raising the question of his fathers previous heart health) he needs to find a new MD. 

• Love 6
10 hours ago, breezy424 said:

You should.  Not cool and you know I 'like' many of your posts.  I think Austin's parents really care about their son, especially his parents.

Sorry, I didn't realize it was not cool to comment that the mom looks exactly like her kid, just slightly less better looking.  And I'm not sure what your last sentence meant.  I never said they didn't care about their kid.

• Love 18
1 minute ago, sasha206 said:

Ha, I don't find Craig cute!  But I don't think he's gay.  I don't think Whitney is either, but if forced to chose who might be, Craig would be my pick.

Which does bring up a different issue how sadly we all speculate because there are still people that are in the closet because they are fearful of being out.

And it brings up a related issue:  I hate when Andy constantly asks how many times someone has "swam in the lady pond."  He makes it sound salacious.  It strikes me as odd that someone is homosexual focuses so many of his questions on sexuaity.  It shouldn't matter.

YES! Andy is just a total asshole/panderer.

He exploits women to the tenth degree.

But if someone says anything bigoted about gay men, he blows a gasket.

he is simply hateful, imo.

Who gives a shit about what people do in their sexual lives?

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

YES! Andy is just a total asshole/panderer.

He exploits women to the tenth degree.

But if someone says anything bigoted about gay men, he blows a gasket.

he is simply hateful, imo.

Who gives a shit about what people do in their sexual lives?

Andy Cohen was put on blast in an open letter to him from the Huffington Post about Bravo shows using gay as an insult.  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/an-open-letter-to-andy-cohen_us_58af4c01e4b0658fc20f9304

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, mjstrick said:

I forgot to mention in last week's episode how horrible Shep looked.  I used to think he was cute in a frat boy way.  But after playing basketball with Austen, he didn't look so much sweaty, as he did pale and clammy.  Yuck.  Pasty.  Definitely not looking well, especially for 37 years old.

My biggest pet peeve?  LATENESS.  Hate it.  My teenage son always makes fun of me because he says he can assume we will always be the first people at any of his games/activities, etc.  Oh well!  I dated a chronically late person for 2 years and it was miserable.  He never could get it through his thick skull how rude and disrespectful and dismissive of the value of other peoples' time it was.  He was late for frikkin Christmas.  Infuriating.  We actually broke up for good after an argument over him being late to something.  Buh-bye!  I totally would've left Craig too if I were Naomie.  But I think she's got her work cut out for her with that, since he obviously sees nothing wrong with his behavior.

I have my own theories about people who are known for their chronic lateness.  It goes much deeper than being late for events, imo.  I don't have anything scientific, but, I know what I have discovered.  I've had to end friendships, romances, and even let employees go, due to this problem.  To me, it's reflective of a larger dysfunction, based on what I have seen.  

• Love 5

When T-Rav and Jennifer were talking at the party I found myself thinking that that's the kind of woman he should be looking for, but even though she's a shit-stirrer she's too good for him, and she doesn't need his mess in her or her son's life. 

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

It can also be from Hepatitis C which is a sexually transmitted disease. 

I hope he's been smart enough to have routine (at least once a year) STD testing.

• Love 3