Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E02: Three's Company

• Start Topic

Hannah continues to struggle with working under the close eye of Captain Sandy. After a mishap with the anchor, Sandy realizes her new deck crew has a lot to learn if they are going to have a successful charter season. Bobby develops a crush on Malia and rushes to her aid when she suffers a freak accident. As the guests enjoy a uniquely themed dinner, a slip of the tongue by Adam threatens to ruin a carefully planned surprise. And, a wild night of partying leads to a major argument as Bobby clashes with Hannah over interfering with his past relationships.

Bobby gives me the creeps and reminds me of a weirdo from Paradise Hotel. He's a tool. 

That blood would have made me want to vom/faint but I would have suppressed it in the situation. 

• Love 6

Bobby is the ongoing lesson in toxic masculinity that none of us asked for or needed. It's rich that he thinks Hannah is warning girls away from him because she wants him all to herself; she's giving the other women a head's up because she knows he's a Lifetime movie waiting to happen. 

Out of the three captains we've seen, I think Sandy I would most like to actually hang out with, and probably work for. I mean yeah, she's a task master and probably a micromanager (a little too early to tell as this crew is brand new to her and she should be closely monitoring and testing them right now), but I like that she's not above getting her own hands dirty to help the deckhands and the interior, and she has a pleasant vibe about her. But I'm not sure she works for this show, time will tell. Still heads and shoulders above the guy from last season whose name I've forgotten.

• Love 20
(edited)
27 minutes ago, Nancypants said:

Shut the Fuck UP  Bobby, ya Insecure Whiny. 'RoidRager with Shitforbrains.

Capn Sandy is awesome. .Flove her. 

Hannah Is kind of annoying, but she does have Great Cans.

23 minutes ago, ihartcoffee said:

Bobby,  she's not your girlfriend.  She's not even interested in you.  How can Hannah cock block you when it was never gonna happen.  You are looking like a stage 5 clinger with Roid issues. 

It's good to know that Bobby's douchey chauvinism survives even when odious Bryan isn't there. He's got no ownership or right to expect anything with Malia. He's such a fuckwit.

This crew is so fucking green. And now with Bobby and Hannah openly feuding, Bugsy and Adam sniping at each other, and Bobby and Lauren treating each other like they are imaginary, Captain Sandy needs to be all over this crew. 

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 15
1 minute ago, HunterHunted said:

It's good to know that Bobby's douchey chauvinism survives even odious Bryan isn't there. He's got no ownership or right to expect anything with Malia. He's such a fuckwit.

This crew is so fucking green. And now with Bobby and Hannah openly feuding, Bugsy and Adam sniping at each other, and Bobby and Lauren treating each other like they are imaginary, Captain Sandy needs to be all over this crew. 

To top it off,  didn't he say in the 1st episode he wasn't going to act crazy over a woman?  Didn't take him long to drive that train off the tracks.  

Yes,  they are very green.  I am still trying to figure out who's who.  Capt Sandy seems cool.  

• Love 12
23 minutes ago, ihartcoffee said:

Just remembered,  when the chef is shown from the side he looks like a young Mel Gibson,  really young.  

And he sounds a lot like Kevin Bacon.  He's got that relaxed, laid back cadence to his words, but there is an undercurrent of storminess there too....I think he's very hot!!  ;-)

• Love 6

Bobby hasn't changed a bit.  Again with the over aggressiveness.  I'm sure he is no longer a registered EMT so he can cut out the whole over the top medical technician routine.

• Love 13

Hannah was about to be devoured by the female stew (can't remember her name).  Yep, she's not interested in Bobby AT ALL.  Bobby is way steroidal.  

I like Capt. Sandy but didn't it seem like she was also being flirtatious with Hannah?  I mean, "you have elegance...your eye color is the same as mine"

• Love 15
5 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

I could not believe that he shoved open the door while Hannah was using the bathroom.  I know they are in close quarters, but when a bathroom door is closed, and you're told that someone is using it, you don't just barge in to get aggressive.  He is such a jerk!  

And, he got even more aggressive when Hannah told him he was being aggressive.  He's a scary dude.

This!  I also don't get how they get away with all the sexual shenanigans.  You are at work!  This alone would piss me off.

• Love 11

Bobby just continues to be an over the line jerk.  Maybe he should spend more time on his math skills that worrying about a pretty deckhand.  Wow.  He really screwed up the anchor situation.

If Hannah decided to inform the captain that he threw open the door to bathroom while Hannah was in there, there's no doubt he'd be fired....immediately.

I'm not sure how I feel about Captain Sandy quite yet.

• Love 5
54 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

And he sounds a lot like Kevin Bacon.  He's got that relaxed, laid back cadence to his words, but there is an undercurrent of storminess there too....I think he's very hot!!  ;-)

I think he looks like Ewan McGregor!

2 hours ago, Eater of Worlds said:

What is the appeal with having a "tribal" meal and putting pseudo-tribal markings on your body?  It's mindless cultural appropriation.

I mean, were these women what people mean when they say "basic"?  With all the trumped up dietary requirements and putting on "war paint" (WTF does that have to do with Croatia, of all things?!) and then one has to make a trite, played out comment about how Hannah will call them fatties if they eat all their soup.  Yes, you are a huge fatso if you eat a whole bowl of lentil soup.  Geez, get a grip people, Instagram isn't real life.

• Love 16

I cannot believe that they do not have written protocol on how to handle an accident involving bloodborne pathogens.  Everyone jumping in without gloves?  I don't know who governs a boat charter in the Adriatic Sea but you would think one crew member would have to be trained in first aid.

• Love 15
(edited)

I'm pretty sure that when someone screams "I'm being professional!!!" they're not actually being professional. 

Also, if anyone wonders why Captain Sandy was micro-managing the crew, just watch the "deckhands" in action. They don't have a clue what to do. And if this were a real charter boat and not a reality show that requires interpersonal drama, she'd also intervene when the crew is at each other's throats and when Bobby goes on a steroid (maybe) fueled rampage including trying to barge in twice on women in the bathroom.

Edited by RemoteControlFreak
  • Love 14
(edited)
7 hours ago, jumper sage said:

This!  I also don't get how they get away with all the sexual shenanigans.  You are at work!  This alone would piss me off.

They are at work, true, but at work on a Bravo reality show as well as at work on a yacht charter. Hence the shenanigans.

• Love 2

Bobby is scary.  I predict we'll read about him on the news some day.  His busting in on Hannah while she was in the restroom would've been a fireable offense in my book.

The chef is so hot.  Bobby aside, I'm actually liking most of the crew this time around, Captain Sandy included.

• Love 9
(edited)
8 hours ago, Emmeline said:

I cannot believe that they do not have written protocol on how to handle an accident involving bloodborne pathogens.  Everyone jumping in without gloves?  I don't know who governs a boat charter in the Adriatic Sea but you would think one crew member would have to be trained in first aid.

Well - Bobby said that he "immediately went into firefighter/EMT mode", from his non-yachtie life.  You are right, though - and I thought the same thing.  My son is an EMT, and I cannot tell you how many disposable gloves he has in his work pants' pockets (unused - but stored there, just in case).  He does his laundry at my house, and there is always a pile of glove packets on top of the washer/dryer when he's here.  

Although, I'm sure one of the off-camera crew members must be trained, and we just didn't see that part - only the drama between Hannah and Bobby.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 7

How do you hire deckhands that don't know what the hell they are doing? Wouldn't years of experience be the number 1 qualification? 

Bobby is ruining this season for me. I don't know if I can continue to watch.

10 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I like Capt. Sandy but didn't it seem like she was also being flirtatious with Hannah?  I mean, "you have elegance...your eye color is the same as mine"

I thought she was flirting, too. And very unprofessional. I don't like her. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, njbchlover said:

Well - Bobby said that he "immediately went into firefighter/EMT mode", from his non-yachtie life.  You are right, though - and I thought the same thing.  My son is an EMT, and I cannot tell you how many disposable gloves he has in his work pants' pockets (unused - but stored there, just in case).  He does his laundry at my house, and there is always a pile of glove packets on top of the washer/dryer when he's here.  

Although, I'm sure one of the off-camera crew members must be trained, and we just didn't see that part - only the drama between Hannah and Bobby.

I didn't hold it against Bobby for jumping into EMT mode.  He had pretty much diagnosed the severity of the cut.  Malia looked a little pale, I was worried she might hit the deck.  I hope when he is not drunk he starts to learn some math.  If he had to learn from somebody it would seem he has a willing teacher in Sandy.

Sandy and Hannah, glad Sandy gave Hannah a pat on the back.  She did make a nice charter experience for the ladies.  Very different approach with the crew, as opposed to Lee or Mark, taking them to dinner and thankfully bowing out so they could enjoy their shore leave.  Would have liked to see a little more of the dinner conversation.  Hannah needs to cut way back on her drinking.

This show is seeming a little disjointed this year.  Might be better if we could see some conversations that aren't always argumentative.

• Love 6

Bobby's behavior really explains why WWHL was so horribly uncomfortable to watch.  I wonder if every season with Bobby is going to start with him saying "I'm not here to chase women, I'm going to buckle down and work" then we watch him chase women and get rejected because he's a tool and woman really don't like him or his anger issues, then watch him go ballistic because he can't come to terms with his self-identity and with how women view him.

• Love 14
56 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Hannah needs to cut way back on her drinking.

Oh yeah, she's a very sloppy drunk. Not a good look. 

1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

bby literally can't imagine a world where he is not the center of conversation between two women.

Too bad for him he doesn't understand it's 95% negative conversation. 

• Love 5
54 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Too bad for him he doesn't understand it's 95% negative conversation. 

That point he understands because he got pissed because he assumed it was all negative.

• Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

How do you hire deckhands that don't know what the hell they are doing? Wouldn't years of experience be the number 1 qualification? 

I'm guessing they assumed that having Sandy, the first mate, the chief engineer and Wes on board would be sufficient. Plus, the boat never seems to travel more than 20 minutes out of port so the only real deckhand job is raising and lowering the anchor. It's not like they could screw that up. Right?  

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

That point he understands because he got pissed because he assumed it was all negative.

Imagine being that paranoid?  Isn't that another sign of steriodal use?

Meanwhile, in my experience, very few people are turned off to a guy/girl because someone tells them "So and so isn't worth you."  Typically, if they are that attracted, they'll date them and then find out that their friend was right later on.  So me thinks that the girls Bobby was interested in just weren't that into him.

• Love 1

I am really not liking this season.  I liked all of the stews from Season One, but the deckhands were all awful.  For a minute last night I thought Bobby was trying to insinuate that he didn't get with Julia because of Hannah....which was totally not the case.

Regardless Bobby is a complete dick.  It's a little annoying that he & Hannah's issues revolve around events that took place off the show though.   And steroids/no steroids, the guy is goofy looking and combined with his tool personality is really unattractive.

• Love 6

It feels like the Bobby, Hannah and Chef show.  What's the deal with the Chef hating the second Stew anyway?  She's asking him logical questions but he seems to take the idea of talking to her as beneath him because he only wants to talk to the "chief stew."  It's just weird, he doesn't seem to talk to anyone else on the crew like that.

So Sandy is a competent Captain, imagine that.  I think it's awful that she's been criticized for basically being a woman.  She seems to have a real handle on everything going on on the boat.  And yes, being Captain is more than just steering the boat around.  She realizes how little experience everyone has and is on top of it.  I'm sure she has had to do the job twice as hard as any male equivalent.

Hannah seems all over the place.  Complaining about being managed, not taking up for her staff, flirting with the other crew members (sort of).  I don't get it, she doesn't appear competent or to care.  She seems to be playing for the cameras.

Bobby has a big problem.  He's just in complete denial that he might not being appealing to every woman he meets.  It's not a good look, Bobby.

• Love 11

The editors are working overtime and doing a good job.  From the "Previously" clip, I thought it was going to be Bash Cap'n Sandy Week, but she was excellent. 

I was thinking, right along with Hannah, that the captain was going to discuss the "one person in charge per ship" rule, but Hannah got a pat on the back.  (And an odd little bonding compliment about similar eye color.)

The very best, though, was cutting back and forth between asshole Bobby--barely able to contain his outrage over women discussing him in negative terms--while the women in question were all about each other.  Heh!

• Love 5

Boy, Hannah was popular last night, wasn't she?  Complimented by Captain Sandy, down to her eye color, Malia motorboating her and then Bobby barging in when she's in the bathroom.  (If Bobby did that to me, he'd be minus a testicle this morning.)  Maybe it's because I'm older but if I was the supervisor/superior to this crew, I would NOT be getting wasted around them.  Very unprofessional. Also very unprofessional to let one of your stews motorboat you but okay.

Bobby's attempts to get his d*ck wet with Malia are painful to watch.  Give it up, dude.

Why exactly is the entire boat falling all over themselves over Malia?  I don't get it.  She's a cute girl but everyone is acting like they've been on a desert island with a volleyball named Wilson for years. What gives? 

• Love 19
14 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I didn't read that as flirtation, it seemed more like awkwardness. I can't call back a specific example now, but there's been other times where she's said things to the crew and the guests that came out just a little weird. Still very nice and all, but a little awkward. Maybe she's just not super smooth in general, and/or the cameras are psyching her out a bit. I bet she'd noticed earlier on that she and Hannah had similar eye colors and it just came out in a slightly weird way. 

• Love 8
(edited)
2 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

Bobby barging in when she's in the bathroom.  (If Bobby did that to me, he'd be minus a testicle this morning.)

PYCHOTICSTATE, you have more restraint than I would.  He would be minus both. Bobby trying to play "professional" and barge into Malia's room to "check on her" was ridiculous.  She was not bleeding to death and she made it clear as day that she did not want Bobby in there while she was naked.  He so wanted to see her naked.  Thank god Hannah was there to stop his obsessed pushy ass.  He then barges into the bathroom when Hannah was trying to pee.  It was a power move to attempt to humiliate Hannah while she was in a vulnerable position.  I admire how Hannah dealt with him, but she should not have had to do that. 

Bobby does not like it when woman says no to him.  What is scary to me is that he knows he is on camera so he is exhibiting some "control" over his behavior and anger.  I can't imagine how out of control he is when the cameras are not rolling.  It is my gut feeling that he is a sexual predator.  I also feel that he could be so out of control he could seriously harm or kill someone.  I am not saying he is all of these things, I just have that gut feeling.

Edited by movingtargetgal
  • Love 13
10 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Bobby literally can't imagine a world where he is not the center of conversation between two women.

Bobby's brain fails the Bedchel test. 

• Love 9

The captain's voice and way of speaking kept reminding me of someone but I couldn't figure it out. It's Jane Lynch. Her voice is similar and she kind of has a social awkwardness about her that also reminds me of Jane Lynch in several of her roles.

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, NoWhammies said:

The captain's voice and way of speaking kept reminding me of someone but I couldn't figure it out. It's Jane Lynch. Her voice is similar and she kind of has a social awkwardness about her that also reminds me of Jane Lynch in several of her roles.

She reminds me of Catelyn Jenner.  I think it is her mouth and eyes, which maybe have had a lift?

I don't mind the captain so far, but I don't understand how these charters function when the crew interacts so unprofessionally.  Not just the hooking up, but, for instance, the way the chef spoke to Bugs was so unprofessional and unproductive!

• Love 1

The season preview was so promising but Bobby is making this unwatchable. How does he manage to insert himself into every scene? And then he breaks the anchor because he can't tell red from orange and/or doesn't know how to do basic math? Unfathomable!

I hope Bravo got a good deal on the fixer upper yacht this season. Looks beautiful but glass doors in the crew showers + faulty escape hatches don't mix. And then the galley floods next week? 

Cast is huge this season. I think this is the largest deck crew yet and literally ALL of them are underqualified. So far everyone is bland or annoying, save for Max who gets minimal screentime. Less Bobby. Need more Max :)

• Love 1

Just not sure of Captain Momager.

Good on Hannah for pushing back against her and Roidrage Robby when they were wanting him to barge in on a naked woman. And then the asshole barged in on Hannah on the pot. Bobby will always be a douche and wonder why he never gets that second even first date.

Not a fan of Buggy so far.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, rho said:

The season preview was so promising but Bobby is making this unwatchable. How does he manage to insert himself into every scene? And then he breaks the anchor because he can't tell red from orange and/or doesn't know how to do basic math? Unfathomable!

I hope Bravo got a good deal on the fixer upper yacht this season. Looks beautiful but glass doors in the crew showers + faulty escape hatches don't mix. And then the galley floods next week? 

Cast is huge this season. I think this is the largest deck crew yet and literally ALL of them are underqualified. So far everyone is bland or annoying, save for Max who gets minimal screentime. Less Bobby. Need more Max :)

Unfathomable!? I see what you did there and love you for it. :)

• Love 5

I know most of the crew is green, I just didn't realize they were THIS green.  I take back my assessment of Captian Sandy for now…her micromanagement is probably her way of making sure the yacht doesn't sink under these fools.  I did like that she was making (mental?) notes about what each section needed work (interior vs. exterior).  I think the stews will be fine, though I bet there will be ongoing tension between Hannah and the stew who has been Chief Stew in the past.

All of you covered the grossness that is Bobby.  If we must have on-board hookups, I hope everyone gets some but him.

Is this yacht shittier than past ones in the Below Deck franchise?

• Love 1

Here's an unpopular view. It looks like the girl deckhand likes to be the center of attention and is a mad flirt. Which doesn't make her a bad person and she has every right to do that. On dry land. But in close quarters on a boat she might do well to restrain that a little. Or else you fire her.

I mean she was all over Hannah and is sparking the Chef and has Bobby following her spoor like a bloodhound with hard on. Plus it seemed like she hooked up with the bosun from the previews. That is just not acceptable behavior for anyone on a boat man or woman. When you are living and working with a group 24/7 you have to have a modicum of self control and discipline. If  Captain Momanger (great name by the way) wants to manage something......manage to tell them to keep it in their pants or they get fired.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, OnceSane said:

Is this yacht shittier than past ones in the Below Deck franchise?

The yacht was up for sale a few years ago for 17 million euros ! It sold to a company based in London but is berthed in Douglas on the Isle of Mann. The company that own it is a charter company - they probably rent it to the show or have a deal with them.

I actually think it is one of the nicer yachts they have used - at least in terms of decor !

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Marvin said:

The yacht was up for sale a few years ago for 17 million euros ! It sold to a company based in London but is berthed in Douglas on the Isle of Mann. The company that own it is a charter company - they probably rent it to the show or have a deal with them.

I actually think it is one of the nicer yachts they have used - at least in terms of decor !

Thank you for clarifying that.  I know it flew a U.K. Flag but I have never even heard of the Isle of Mann.  I'll look that up.