Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: Welcome To Savannah, Y'all

• Start Topic

(edited)
On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 7:33 AM, Jack Terrier said:

Oh bless your heart!  :)

I feel it will be excellent snarky fun.

If we can continue to choke it down. It is so disinteresting I've walked away and not bothered to pause and haven't felt I missed anything.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 1
58 minutes ago, Giselle said:

If we can continue to choke it down. It is so disinteresting I've walked away and not bothered to pause and haven't felt I missed anything.

Ditto. At first I approached this series with giddy curiosity, eager to at least enjoy scenes filmed in and around Savannah and its many fun hotspots. But these dim-witted producers even bungled *that* up and hardly show any fun local scenery shots a'la SC Charleston.

So this show has officially become a trainwreck hate-watch for me now((much like "Apres Ski" or "Summer House" or "100 Days of Summer" or "Miss Advised")). I literally just watch it to wallow in my viewing misery and gleefully bitch about it here later. Looks like I'm not alone with this sentiment, at least!

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

Ditto. At first I approached this series with giddy curiosity, eager to at least enjoy scenes filmed in and around Savannah and its many fun hotspots. But these dim-witted producers even bungled *that* up and hardly show any fun local scenery shots a'la SC Charleston.

So this show has officially become a trainwreck hate-watch for me now((much like "Apres Ski" or "Summer House" or "100 Days of Summer" or "Miss Advised")). I literally just watch it to wallow in my viewing misery and gleefully bitch about it here later. Looks like I'm not alone with this sentiment, at least!

Love all this. I'm from the Chicago suburbs and my friend from college was engaged to one of the girls from "100 Days". Worst show ever. ?

I'm also a whore for the Bravo...yes, Ashley strikes me as someone who never fit in and still has some residual side effects from high school. I can't decide on her yet. What's for show, what's delusion, etc. 

• Love 2
On 5/28/2017 at 8:48 PM, Atlanta said:

Holy moly. SCD must be a lame school. I have a few friends from Savannah who went to non-SCD private schools and they are college grads who are well spoken. They also have careers. I don't mind that they're not all noodle thin (actually nice to see), but none of them, so far, have charisma. Ashley tries too hard. She wants to be the Jenna of this show. Also, the thing about Sherman's mistress is largely a folk tale and there's not much credence to it. My dad is a history buff, esp Civil War.

Sorry, Ash, not all of us southern women look at ourselves as baby machines. Did I hear her mention high school sororities? There aren't sororities in HS.

yes, there were sororities in high school in the south back in my day (a long, long time ago)             

• Love 1

I’m from Georgia and we had three sororities and two frats at my high school (this was in the mid-80s). 

Also, just because they went to a good school doesn’t mean they were good students. Money talks (and buys grades). 

• Love 1

Seeing you guys suddenly revising this forum with new comments kinda makes me miss hate-watching this particular SC spinoff with my brother, just because this cast was so lame and pathetic, yet oddly smug despite their thirst.
I think there were several decent cast members added by the second season(the swishy interior decorator dude and the rich sake chick who pronounced it “sah-KAY”), but the rest of them were such duds that it was almost comical...like we even had goofy nicknames for all of them. And it was hilariously pitiful watching these 30-something and above adults shotgunning beers and drinking shit booze like they were at frat parties. Even their “society” parties and their homes were all so lame and try-hard.

Wonder if Catherine is still drinking herself stupid on Tito’s daily?

• Like 1