Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E17: When the Going Gets Tough / S03.E18: Nature's Horchata

In a combined Season 3 finale, the long-term consequences of surviving an apocalyptic event start to have a major impact on the group as their daily lives are turned upside down.

Last Man on Earth is one of those shows that would be better off without its main character. But picking up that geiger counter was probably the smartest thing he's done in the entire series so far. Liked seeing him with Jasper, though.

And I was right, Jasper was intelligent. Well, smarter than Tandy, anyway. He's the only one that remembered the cow!

It was nice to see Melissa sane again.

As soon as I saw that ice cream truck, I figured it was Kristen Wiig on it. Nope, Pat...but what a hell of a fake out. Where does the show go from here?

• Love 5
(edited)

How long did it take them to figure out that the house on the trailer (would that make it a 'house trailer' ?) was on fire ?  The RV has review mirrors, did Todd or Melissa not notice the massive dark cloud trailing them.  Tandy just leaving the candles lit and unattended while bouncing down the road -- was just all kinds of stupid.

How did they get the house out of the 2rd or 3rd floor of that building -- intact -- while Carol was sleeping ?

Tandy can just leave anytime.   And STFU in the process.  The creepiness with Erika -- just go away Tandy, and leave her alone.

Once again, where is all the fuel for the RV, Pat's ice cream truck, the police car, and the boat coming from ?  For that matter, how is Pat even alive after all that trauma ?  It's moot now that Pamela shot him dead -- too bad the bullet didn't pass through Pat and take out Tandy.

So basically this show has turned into S2 of 'Fear the Walking Dead' -- is this boat also named 'Abigail' ?

Tandy wearing the Phil mask was just super creepy -- who in the writer's room though that was at all funny ?  Let alone trying to imitate Phil's voice. 

Of course they forgot the cow.  Todd remembered to bring Lewis, but forgot the only living, breathing animal next to crickets.  Mind you, where would they put the cow on the boat ?

Are there really that many nuclear power plants in Montana ?  According to the map, there appear to be about 5-6 in every state.

So was the satellite crashing just part of Lewis' predictions ?  Or did it cause a fire that 6 months later eventually set the El Centro Nuclear Plant on fire ?  Or did the nuclear plant melt down on its own ?  So is this going to be like 'The 100' where all the nuclear plants in the world meltdown at exactly the same time -- can the death wave be far behind ?

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 8

First of all, WIIGY! :D I had a feeling they were going to save her for the very end... (And of course, now we know for sure that Pat's dead.)

For all of Tandy and Carol's antics, puns, odd turns of phrase, etc. (though I still think they can be quite sweet and adorable in their quieter, more dramatic moments), I thought Todd & Melissa's Shawshank callbacks were the funniest parts. 

Thank goodness Erica and her baby (Dawn) are OK. :) 

I knew falling satellites were going to wreak havoc sooner or later, but I'm glad the show also finally acknowledged that abandoned nuclear reactors would be another major "life after people" problem. 

• Love 4
39 minutes ago, CouchTater said:

I really don't like Carol or Tandy, and would be fine with them perishing in a nuclear breach.

I really find it hard that the others put up with Tandy. 

Carol also needs to stop babbling and just know when to shut the hell up -- all her nonsense during Erika's delivery was just painful.

• Love 3

I really hope the boat named The SeaWard was an Arrested Development reference. I'm not sure if Lord & Miller are connected to him (Mitch Hurwitz) but Mel Rodriguez was in a show he did and Wiigy was in season 4.  

I liked the finale.  The nuclear plants melting down was a nice touch of reality and it was great to get Pamela in. I hope we get a 4th season to wrap some things up.

And i have to agree a little bit with the angry post above. Stfu Tandy. It got to be a little much.They should've dropped his early episode rant for the "I'm going to take five minutes and say something about each of you. Todd here's the timer, make sure I don't go under" speech.  Because by that hilarious joke I was angry at Tandy from before and I didn't enjoy how hilarious that bit was until after the episode was over.  

• Love 2
12 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Carol also needs to stop babbling and just know when to shut the hell up -- all her nonsense during Erika's delivery was just painful.

3 hours ago, HotRats2112 said:

And i have to agree a little bit with the angry post above. Stfu Tandy. It got to be a little much.They should've dropped his early episode rant for the "I'm going to take five minutes and say something about each of you. Todd here's the timer, make sure I don't go under" speech.  Because by that hilarious joke I was angry at Tandy from before and I didn't enjoy how hilarious that bit was until after the episode was over.

To some extent I could understand Carol's "panic mode," but yeah, I felt the scene itself was dragged out a little too far; and when Tandy is trying to be funny, he can get downright exhausting a lot of the time. :\

3 hours ago, HotRats2112 said:

I liked the finale.  The nuclear plants melting down was a nice touch of reality and it was great to get Pamela in. I hope we get a 4th season to wrap some things up.

I think one more half-season (9-13 episodes) would be great -- maybe have it cover just enough time to get the group settled somewhere, explore how Pamela interacts with each of the other survivors, and let us see the birth of Carol & Tandy's baby. :) It would cut out a lot of the filler / wheel-spinning we saw this season, while giving the writers a chance to build up to a proper endpoint.

• Love 1

How would living on a boat be sustainable?  They can only carry so much food, clean water, etc.  And then what?  The eco-office park at least made some sort of sense (as long as you didn't think too hard about it), and allowed us to suspend disbelief as to much of the day-to-day stuff.  That goes out the window once they start living on a boat. 

Has this been renewed for a 4th season?  My main problem is, I just really don't care much anymore.  If this wasn't on Sunday nights when there's nothing else on and nothing else to do I don't think I'd be making any effort to watch it in real time or catch up via Hulu or whatever. 

22 minutes ago, chaifan said:

How would living on a boat be sustainable?  They can only carry so much food, clean water, etc.  And then what? 

In 'Fear The Walking Dead', there is a boat that has some kind of device for making drinking water out of sea water, and if they are only intended to sail down the coast to Mexico, then I'm sure they could fit enough food for a couple of weeks or so on board. In this show, I've had to suspend my disbelief a whole lot more than that watching this show.

• Love 1

This one played so much so well! The big one being the smoke cloud from the house fire. Of course you want to stab Phil for leading Pat back to them, but it sets up Pamela finding them. And of course she has to find them in LA, her only indication that they were alive was seeing them on the Malibu coast. She wouldn't have had any reason to look for them in they Bay area. She more likely would be motivated to stay around the LA area. Well set up.

I enjoyed seeing Tandy and Jasper Bond at the water park. Pillows in the pool was a nice little touch to remind you that there is no water and Tandy can be resourceful in these types of scenarios. When he's not trying to assert himself as the lead, he can figure out the things to get by. Then, of course, the stark contrast to the mood when they discover the Nucelar plant fire really put some emotional weight behind his story that paired so well with the breached birth plot.

I was glad that the show didn't go full dark, and let them solve that issue, and of course having Pamela save the day at the end. After Phil's death and Mike's likely death, they needed a win in one of these crises moments (though I guess Gail surviving the elevator and Melissa re-balancing would count too).

Holding out hope we get more from these a-holes!

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, Traveller519 said:

I enjoyed seeing Tandy and Jasper Bond at the water park. Pillows in the pool was a nice little touch to remind you that there is no water and Tandy can be resourceful in these types of scenarios. When he's not trying to assert himself as the lead, he can figure out the things to get by.

Good point! After his having evolved into a better (less selfish or malicious) person over the course of s.2, there hasn't seemed to be much of a purpose to Tandy for most of s.3 other than being supportive of Carol. But his bond with Jasper has been a pretty good way to help him deal with his own parental anxiety; plus, he can be a real outside-the-box thinker and helpful in his own small ways when he's not trying too hard to show off for the rest of the group. :)

I'm kind of torn about this show. On the one hand, I liked the forward momentum these last few episodes have had. Dealing with real-life post apocalyptic dangers is much more compelling than this group sitting around an office complex all season long. On the other hand, it's becoming increasingly difficult to suspend my disbelief over all this gas they keep finding. I'm also disappointed that they left everything up in the air with the cliff hanger because there's a least a 50/50 chance this show won't be renewed. Some measure of closure would have been appreciated.

4 hours ago, chaifan said:

How would living on a boat be sustainable?  They can only carry so much food, clean water, etc.  And then what?  The eco-office park at least made some sort of sense (as long as you didn't think too hard about it), and allowed us to suspend disbelief as to much of the day-to-day stuff.  That goes out the window once they start living on a boat. 

Has this been renewed for a 4th season?  My main problem is, I just really don't care much anymore.  If this wasn't on Sunday nights when there's nothing else on and nothing else to do I don't think I'd be making any effort to watch it in real time or catch up via Hulu or whatever. 

I think they only intend to be on the boat long enough to sail around the nuclear plants and land in Zihuatanejo (from The Shawshank Redemption).

It has not been renewed yet. Seriously on the bubble. I hear it's a true 50/50 (much like their ratio of good episodes and yawners).

• Love 1
19 hours ago, GRChereck said:

I thought Todd & Melissa's Shawshank callbacks were the funniest parts. 

Those were really great. Todd & Melissa showed a lot of chemistry when they were doing this. I also love seeing Melissa being so honest and blunt with Jasper. 

10 hours ago, HotRats2112 said:

The nuclear plants melting down was a nice touch of reality

Yes. That surprised me, but I still like these dark moments in a comedy. I had forgotten about Lewis talking about stuff breaking down and failing after the Earth's population died.

5 hours ago, chaifan said:

If this wasn't on Sunday nights when there's nothing else on ...

To each his own, but Sunday night is chockfull of great programs. Monday morning I find my DVR loaded with stuff to watch.

19 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Tandy just leaving the candles lit and unattended while bouncing down the road -- was just all kinds of stupid.

In Tandy's defense, after Carol said she didn't want to rest in the house, he forgot about the candles. I mean, yes, it was stupid to forget about them, but that forgetfulness was realistic rather than an extreme Tandy act. IMO.

I get pretty irritated by him like most people, but I also see him as trying to be a good person, trying to help, trying to make things better for his friends. An understatement is that his socially impaired. It's better than what a jerk he was at the beginning.

I honestly thought the show was going to have the baby be born dead. I wouldn't have been surprised. But I'm glad Dawn is fine and healthy.

• Love 3

I remain increasingly relived that this show maintains a sense of optimism. There are so many shows which would have killed Erica, the baby, or both.

The group bringing Lewis's ashes with them, albeit in a vaccum cleaner, is weirdly touching.

• Love 2

I was a bit bothered that Todd, upon seeing Pat and his gun, clutched Jasper in front of him.  I know he was in shock, but it would have been nice if a parental instinct had kicked in and he had shoved Jasper behind him.

22 hours ago, Galileo908 said:

Last Man on Earth is one of those shows that would be better off without its main character. But picking up that geiger counter was probably the smartest thing he's done in the entire series so far. Liked seeing him with Jasper, though.

Oh, I don't know.  I think I'd argue that making the "Alive in Tuscon" signs back in the pilot was the single smartest thing anyone's done in the entire series.  Which, mind you, is damning with faint praise.  Tandy may be the most annoying, but the whole crew are kind of a pack of idiots. 

• Love 2

They left the cow and the fish - which Carol and Tandy just had to take out of the lake and put in a kiddie pool.  Of course, Tandy probably forgot to keep water in the pool months ago.  Leaving the cow behind was not cool.  

Figured Kristen Wiig would make an appearance again in the finale, but was still holding out hope that now that they're back where Mike left them he could make a surprise appearance.  Maybe in the premiere...there had better be a premiere and at least a handful of episodes to wrap up.

I liked the Shawshank references, but Hawaii baby!

• Love 2
(edited)

OMG, Tandy is irritating.  I do like every other cast member and if they get a  fourth season, I'll watch.  I'm almost always a completist when it comes to such things.

But Tandy is killing me.  I would have lost it on him ages ago.

Edited by amaranta
sleepy typos, hope i got 'em.
  • Love 2

Tandy's come a long way since Season 1 when he didn't care how much his actions affected people and only showed remorse when he was caught. But he still has these unbelievably stupid moments that screw the gang over. Leaving candles burning in a moving house is probably Tandy's idea after spending too long in his margarita pool. And of course the smoke from that leads Pat to them since they had already arrived in L.A.

I just wonder, was Pamela hanging around Pat and then shot him once she learned he was going to kill a bunch of people? I'm thinking of reasons that led her to show up at the boat right after Pat did. Here's to hoping we get another season, because we need it to find out the answer to that, as well as how Erica, Tandy and Carol will adapt to parenthood.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, theredhead77 said:

I'll suspend disbelief completely when it comes to gas and electricity. My biggest issue with this show is that Tandy needs to STFU. 

Indeed. How about we give Tandy and Negan their own show thus saving two shows? The Tandy and Negan monologues.

This show is so uneven. It has some great moments but so many clunkers to get there. I'm in the same boat (see what I did there?) as many previous posters...I don't really care if it comes back for season 4.

• Love 3
20 hours ago, peeayebee said:

I honestly thought the show was going to have the baby be born dead. I wouldn't have been surprised. But I'm glad Dawn is fine and healthy.

I think that's really numerous steps too far over the edge for an American network comedy.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, amaranta said:

OMG, Tandy is irritating.  I do like every other cast member and if they get a  fourth season, I'll watch.  I almost always a completist when is comes to such things.

But Tandy is killing me.  I would have lost it on him ages ago.

Considering that the show was created and executive produced by Will Forte, its not too likely that if it gets renewed , he will remove himself from the show. I do agree he needs to tone down his Tandy personality.  

16 hours ago, indeed said:

They left the cow and the fish - which Carol and Tandy just had to take out of the lake and put in a kiddie pool.  Of course, Tandy probably forgot to keep water in the pool months ago.  Leaving the cow behind was not cool.  

Figured Kristen Wiig would make an appearance again in the finale, but was still holding out hope that now that they're back where Mike left them he could make a surprise appearance.  Maybe in the premiere...there had better be a premiere and at least a handful of episodes to wrap up.

I liked the Shawshank references, but Hawaii baby!

I'm confused by all the posters talking about Mike returning. I thought past season the indication was that he had the virus, and Tandy went and found him at his home and left him to die there at Mike's request. Does everyone think he survived?

• Love 2

Does everyone think he survived?

I'm just speculating it as a possibility.

Considering that the show was created and executive produced by Will Forte, its not too likely that if it gets renewed , he will remove himself from the show. I do agree he needs to tone down his Tandy personality.  

Oh, I know it's his show.  But how I wish he would do what you said and tone it down.  Waaay down.

13 minutes ago, lark37 said:

I'm confused by all the posters talking about Mike returning. I thought past season the indication was that he had the virus, and Tandy went and found him at his home and left him to die there at Mike's request. Does everyone think he survived?

No, Mike's probably most sincerely dead...but you never know - we never saw a body!  So, there's like a .00001 percent chance Mike's alive, but hey, Pat survived.  And he did survive falling from space, so it wouldn't be the hardest thing to swallow if space boy overcame the virus somehow.  I liked Mike - and Mike and Tandy together - and we need to hear that song again.  ;)  But, yeah, he's probably dead.  

(Even Tandy at his worst doesn't deserve being stuck with Negan.  Ugh.)

• Love 2

Negan comes around saying, "Little pig, little Pig let me in" bowing backwards in his ladies moto jacket with Lucille on his shoulder...boom, Kristin Whig kills him with a shot gun.  America wins.

• Love 4
On 5/8/2017 at 6:35 PM, ItCouldBeWorse said:

I was a bit bothered that Todd, upon seeing Pat and his gun, clutched Jasper in front of him.  I know he was in shock, but it would have been nice if a parental instinct had kicked in and he had shoved Jasper behind him.

I read that the opposite way. I thought he covered Jasper's eyes to protect him, and he pulled him close to comfort him.

On 5/9/2017 at 0:47 AM, Virtual Side said:

I just wonder, was Pamela hanging around Pat and then shot him once she learned he was going to kill a bunch of people? I'm thinking of reasons that led her to show up at the boat right after Pat did.

She could have followed the smoke the same way Pat did, even if she hadn't been hanging around with him. But I also wouldn't be surprised if they had in fact been keeping each other company. It has seemed from the beginning that whenever anyone meets another survivor, they stick together.

I hope the show comes back. I agree it has problems (mainly that Tandy (and sometimes Carol) is too annoying for me), but it also has a lot going for it and I think they've been getting much better lately, taking on more interesting and complex problems and doing more of the fun and creative gags like the gigantic bowling set up, or sliding down the slide into pillows. I also like some of the relationships, like how Melissa talks honestly and bluntly to Jasper, and the affection between Erica and Gail. I actually think Jasper has turned out to be a good addition to the ensemble. He's bringing out different kinds of interactions with the adults, and I like that he's smart and talks back to Tandy in a way that I wish the adults would do more often. He's not sassing him, he's actually helping him to get some perspective on his social skills.

I think there are lots more stories to tell here.

I agree that when Tandy isn't being more annoying than I can handle, he does have a creative genius. I wish they would lean more on that than on his annoyingness. I worry that Wiig will reprise every annoying quirk her SNL characters ever had (none of which I liked; I could barely even tolerate any of them) and the two of them will make the show completely unwatchable.

Why couldn't Tandy make his speeches after they were on the water? Why couldn't anyone even suggest it?? So annoying. When you have someone like that, who means well but has zero common sense, the answer is not to roll your eyes and give them negative feedback he doesn't respond constructively to. It's to take charge, channel his positivity in a win-win direction (like sending him to take Jasper to the park), and not just make the situation worse for everyone.

Forgetting the cow was crazy. That was their only source of milk or meat.

I'm surprised they've totally given up on gardening. Are they only eating stale chips and canned food?

Is it really true that 100 miles from a melted down nuclear power plant would be safe? I highly doubt it. Especially not when there are lots and lots of them melting down. And the meltdowns we've had, like Chernobyl and 3 Mile Island and Fukushima, were not completely uncontrolled. People were doing things to try to contain them to some extent, and that is 100% not happening now. So, suspending disbelief on gasoline and solar power and unlimited batteries is relatively easy for me, but since I garden, I find it hard to imagine why anyone would choose to live without fresh food. And the minimization of the radiation issue is totally not credible to me, either. But I'm going with it because I like the premise of the show, and I want to see them have adventures more than I want them to make it a documentary.

• Love 2
(edited)
10 hours ago, possibilities said:

I read that the opposite way. I thought he covered Jasper's eyes to protect him, and he pulled him close to comfort him.

That's how I saw it as well.

I actually think Jasper has turned out to be a good addition to the ensemble. He's bringing out different kinds of interactions with the adults, and I like that he's smart and talks back to Tandy in a way that I wish the adults would do more often. He's not sassing him, he's actually helping him to get some perspective on his social skills.

Good point, and I certainly like Jasper a lot now that he's talking.

Why couldn't Tandy make his speeches after they were on the water? Why couldn't anyone even suggest it?? So annoying.

But then Pamela wouldn't have been able to meet up with them. :)

Edited by peeayebee
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, possibilities said:

I'm surprised they've totally given up on gardening. Are they only eating stale chips and canned food?

They had a tower garden in the office building.  I noticed it in a scene a week or so ago.  (If you don't know what that is - http://www.towergarden.com/tg)

I thought that was kind of smart of them.  They could have loaded it into Carol's house and/or the RV and taken it with them.  At least the cow will have something to eat.

• Love 2
On 2017-05-09 at 11:02 AM, SayMyName said:

Indeed. How about we give Tandy and Negan their own show thus saving two shows? The Tandy and Negan monologues.

This show is so uneven. It has some great moments but so many clunkers to get there. I'm in the same boat (see what I did there?) as many previous posters...I don't really care if it comes back for season 4.

I feel the same way and I don't care either if it is not coming back. 

It was a promising show at the start but "Tandy" is annoying and at one point instead of focusing on surviving they all started to act like if they were children in a kiddy garden.

If a show like "You, Me and the Apocalypse" (Who was a lot better) did not make it, I don't see why this one would, except for the fact it is playing in a different country.

If it is coming back I will give it a chance to see if it is still in a "kiddy garden style", who knows, being traveling on a boat could be interesting... Or not.

In the season premiere it seemed like Whig's character was a lot like Tandy, if Tandy was a rich privileged white woman.  I wonder if Pam will fall in love with Tandy, because they have a lot of similarities.  I hope the show does not go for a love triangle if it comes back.

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, qtpye said:

I wonder if Pam will fall in love with Tandy, because they have a lot of similarities.  I hope the show does not go for a love triangle if it comes back.

I hope it doesn't go that route, either; indeed, judging from at least one or two comments Will has made in interviews, it sounds like the opposite would be more likely to happen (especially given Tandy's lack of self-awareness, I could easily imagine him finding Pamela lame or irritating despite their similar personalities and comic sensibilities).

• Love 3

I love Will Forte's mindf*ck writing but lately with this show he's pushed it too far into full dumbarse territory. It's his show but I feel I may finally be done. It's a comedy but I want a little less psycho Tandy and maybe more on the days of the virus.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, SodaforceMaster said:

I love Will Forte's mindf*ck writing but lately with this show he's pushed it too far into full dumbarse territory. It's his show but I feel I may finally be done. It's a comedy but I want a little less psycho Tandy and maybe more on the days of the virus.

That's pretty much how I feel too.  I tuned in to the pilot episode to learn about 'the end of the world' and I still, three seasons later, feel like I'm waiting.  I've been vaguely entertained along the way, but I'm still waiting for... something.  It's just been the Phil/Tandy stupidity show.

• Love 3
(edited)
On 5/15/2017 at 6:50 PM, SodaforceMaster said:

I want more virus backstory as well (that's why I liked the Pamela episode), maybe even a plot where it mutates so some of them are in danger.  That could be genuinely terrifying if done well!  Another interesting one would be where someone (Carol might be best for this) comes down with what they all think is the virus, causing everyone to freak out, but it turns out to be just a really bad cold.  When she gets better, it prompts Tandy to go back to Tucson and figure out if Mike really had the virus or not.

Edited by Matt1
  • Love 2

but that's the whole point of the show - what if "the last man on earth" was a total asshole? As in "I wouldn't date you if you were the last man on earth" 

• Love 5

Two comments on the first episode:

If Gail read up so much on childbirth, she shouldve also read up on effective labor techniques. There were so many better ways for Erica to handle all that pain than flat in bed - a water birth, squatting, counter pressure, etc. And turning the baby over is much more dangerous than trying to deliver it breech, if you're not in an OR with the ability to quickly do a c section if something goes wrong. But, oh well :)

• Love 2
(edited)

I havew to say, I'm at the beginning of the last episode. Sober Gail is an amazing lady and she can really take charge. This group needs a no-nonsense person like her.

and Pat ALWAYS shows up! Man!!!

I don't think he's dead though... he's the man with nine lives.

ETA: How is that newborn baby so quiet? newborn babies SCREAM. Esp if they're not getting food. and why isn't Gail trying to help Erica latch on the baby? Strange.

Edited by Big Mother
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Big Mother said:

and why isn't Gail trying to help Erica latch on the baby? Strange.

Not when you consider that Tandy wouldn't leave Erica and the baby alone for five minutes because he always has to be the hero who fixes everything.

I have a major nitpick... so I know for a fact that they are planning to close the last remaining operational power plant in CA.  The one before that was San Onofre which actually makes sense if you were getting radioactivity ~50 miles from San Diego (assuming that somehow between 2013 when SONGS was shut down and the apocalypse, we hadn't taken all the radioactive stuff there and buried it in Nevada, as we probably would have?).  But given that, I can't figure out how there isn't ANY PLACE on land between Silicon Valley and LA out of range of nuclear reactors?  Yeah I can't really buy that. There seem to have been more never-builts than actually-builts, even.  Especially since if you're sailing down to Mexico hugging the coast, you will pass possibly closer to San Onofre than you would have on the 5, since it's right on the beach there (I dunno, sea level rise? erosion?).  

But I guess if I can ignore the fact that the gas was supposed to have gone bad the last time they were in LA yet everyone is still driving and flying and sailing around... I should probably just ignore this too?

I was fully expecting Erica to throat-punch Tandy when she was in labor and he wouldn't STFU.  100% justified, IMO.

• Love 2

Yeah, that map was wack; they even included a spot in northern Maine that has never had a nuclear power plant, but did used to be a SAC AF base.  So I'm thinking their America did build a lot more power plants than ours did.

20 hours ago, MarkHB said:

Yeah, that map was wack; they even included a spot in northern Maine that has never had a nuclear power plant, but did used to be a SAC AF base.  So I'm thinking their America did build a lot more power plants than ours did.

YET THEY COULDN'T AVOID THE TRUMP PRESIDENCY /cry

Nah, I think that one was a bit of understandable catharsis.  Bugs, though.  Even if we spontaneously immediately decided to invest in nuclear, it would take 10-30 years to get any new plants online and we all know the world ends in like 2020.

Now if it was a matter of the massive dumping grounds in Nevada and also sometimes just like, underground, under where people still live and work (?!?), that's a story I could have bought...