Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E23: Leap Of Faith

• Start Topic

Is Joe's brother the UPS guy from Legally Blonde? (Yes. I just looked it up myself. Apparently he's on three later episodes of 90210 playing a guy named Carl, who, if I recall correctly, is Val's mom's fiance who Val *spoiler alert* sleeps with.)

• Love 5
(edited)

Thank you, Sarah D. Bunting, for noting Susan's family being back East before, but now a drive's away in "San Diego", that discrepancy caught my notice during the Thanksgiving episode.

I didn't remember Colin's arrest happening so quickly after getting with Valerie.  Why Val didn't just wash her hands of his mess immediately, I have no idea. 

And of course, no moral judgments from Kelly on the male prostitute/cokehead ex-boyfriend immediately sleeping with someone he knows she hates, but Val's the meanie.  Whatever, cat butt.

It's really crazy how Steve slash Claire have had no real story this season, and they don't really get one until that prince shows up.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3

Is Joe's brother the UPS guy from Legally Blonde? (Yes. I just looked it up myself. Apparently he's on three later episodes of 90210 playing a guy named Carl, who, if I recall correctly, is Val's mom's fiance who Val *spoiler alert* sleeps with.)

I always think of him as the guy who looks like Bruce Campbell but is not Bruce Campbell.

• Love 3

I come from a Scandinavian country with loose morals so I never ever got how parents could be angry about their grownup daughter having sex with her boyfriend. That being said: if it means that much to mommie dearest how hard is it not to have sex for one night? Especially with Brandon. Really, that should be quite easy.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Nanna said:

That being said: if it means that much to mommie dearest how hard is it not to have sex for one night? Especially with Brandon. Really, that should be quite easy.

Seriously. Why make a big deal out of it? Especially Susan. And 10 am? How late were the up?! I mean, when I was their age I slept until noon with abandon, but what we have seen from the show the Gang (except maybe Steve) seem to be early risers.  Brandon was always getting up early for his job at the peach pit or to get a leg over with some girl (ice girl at the ice rink, Lucinda at the gym) and I thought Susan ran a half marathon most morning... So, really, guys, you couldn't get your ass up and out of bed before the Parentals got up? 

It's not my practice, Tara, but a lot of people have coffee after a big and/or late dinner. I could never do it, because I would be wired, but I know people like that who drink coffee all day and (according to them) it doesn't bother their sleep at all. I always turn it down or get decaf.

5 hours ago, MerBearStare said:

Never made any of those connections! Wow! Probably because I have only seen the later seasons a couple of times as opposed to the million times I've seen Seasons 1-4...

And can someone please explain to me, again, how rich Beverly Hills girl Kelly and street child runaway Tara can both afford the SAME rehab program? Who's paying for Tara's tab? How come rich girl Kelly didn't get ol' Daddy Warbucks to cough up guilt rehab money like the place Kirsten Cohen went to on the O.C.? All I do when I watch these episodes is think about these financial questions and I remember it never even occurred to me back in the day. LOL!

I will never apologize for laughing at Joe's airport collapse (YARD SALE TM Sarah D. Bunting) ! That one moment made the whole stupid, boring heart story worth it, IMHO. 

And I have a new favorite LOL niner moment - "OMG I have coke on me!" so, so, so, bad. Let me try to outrun the cops - because that always works out so well. And... um ... Colin? throw the shit out of the window and give yourself up. Let the cops prove they saw you do it - all you need to do is say, yea, I drove my friend here, have no idea what he wants. What an amateur. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Klaw said:

How come rich girl Kelly didn't get ol' Daddy Warbucks to cough up guilt rehab money like the place Kirsten Cohen went to on the O.C.?

Kirsten's rehab facility was something, wasn't it?  Whew.

1 hour ago, Klaw said:

And I have a new favorite LOL niner moment - "OMG I have coke on me!" so, so, so, bad. Let me try to outrun the cops - because that always works out so well. And... um ... Colin? throw the shit out of the window and give yourself up. Let the cops prove they saw you do it - all you need to do is say, yea, I drove my friend here, have no idea what he wants. What an amateur. 

Colin is not bright...as will be seen in his "flight from justice" story arc where he has nightmares about becoming a prison bitch.

• Love 2

Colin is not bright...as will be seen in his "flight from justice" story arc where he has nightmares about becoming a prison bitch.

"Colin - Prison Bitch", now that's a show I'd watch

• Love 1

Other things that make driving/riding in an open convertible the worst:

Constantly having to adjust the volume on the radio/sound system.

No protection from sun. Even when the temperature is OK, you still get hot from the direct sun. Also, sunburn potential increases exponentially. Hats are obviously problematic.

Temperature in many or maybe most climates is rarely perfect for an open convertible. You have to constantly adjust the air along with the radio and it has to be blasting to be effective . People who portray bundling up and driving around in a convertible with the top down in freezing cold temperatures or snow as magical or romantic are wrong. Maybe for a couple of minutes but then things get real.

At some speeds it is next to impossible to have an actual conversation without screaming

Exhaust fumes.

For some of us chickens who live in the mountains, it is extra terrifying to be on a steep, twisty, very small shouldered mountain road in a car with no protection above you. If you plunge off a mountain, a car roof is probably not going to help you but you feel it much more acutely in a convertible.

• Love 1

I don't know if it was just me, but Donna was way, way out of line with the Joe surgery thing. She's been dating the guy for six months, isn't fucking him, and is stepping on his family's advice or feelings on the matter. Then she gets into, out of nowhere, that his brother only wants Joe to get HEART SURGERY because he was worried about being better than him at football. How this brother wasn't simply like "Listen, I appreciate your concern for my brother, but (a) YOU aren't a heart surgeon, (b) Knees aren't hearts, (c) go on and fuck yourself, witless c***, because you don't know jack shit about me, or my brother, or our family, in the six weeks you've been dating him." And how JOE wasn't like "Wait a second, person who isn't even touching my penis, back the fuck off, that's my family, and we've never spoken about them at all, so what the fuck do you know? I can't DIE in a knee surgery, idiot." 

It just made me so fucking mad!

• Love 5
56 minutes ago, Uncle JUICE said:

I don't know if it was just me, but Donna was way, way out of line with the Joe surgery thing. She's been dating the guy for six months, isn't fucking him, and is stepping on his family's advice or feelings on the matter. Then she gets into, out of nowhere, that his brother only wants Joe to get HEART SURGERY because he was worried about being better than him at football. How this brother wasn't simply like "Listen, I appreciate your concern for my brother, but (a) YOU aren't a heart surgeon, (b) Knees aren't hearts, (c) go on and fuck yourself, witless c***, because you don't know jack shit about me, or my brother, or our family, in the six weeks you've been dating him." And how JOE wasn't like "Wait a second, person who isn't even touching my penis, back the fuck off, that's my family, and we've never spoken about them at all, so what the fuck do you know? I can't DIE in a knee surgery, idiot." 

It just made me so fucking mad!

hahahah I 100 % agree. Because his brother was against the trial surgery for Joe's heart, Donna automatically assumes that the reason the brother doesn't want it for Joe is because his brother is jealous. WTF? and but OF COURSE, she ended up being right about it. Idk how no one said to her, "Listen you bleach, mushroomed shaped hair bitch, you are way out of line and maybe just maybe I don't want my brother to get the surgery because I don't know, it's a TRIAL surgery for the most important organ in his body. How no one told her to mind her own business is beyond me.

8 minutes ago, Jaclyn88 said:

hahahah I 100 % agree. Because his brother was against the trial surgery for Joe's heart, Donna automatically assumes that the reason the brother doesn't want it for Joe is because his brother is jealous. WTF? and but OF COURSE, she ended up being right about it. Idk how no one said to her, "Listen you bleach, mushroomed shaped hair bitch, you are way out of line and maybe just maybe I don't want my brother to get the surgery because I don't know, it's a TRIAL surgery for the most important organ in his body. How no one told her to mind her own business is beyond me.

I totally forgot it was an EXPERIMENTAL surgery to boot!

51 minutes ago, Uncle JUICE said:

I totally forgot it was an EXPERIMENTAL surgery to boot!

Which brings up the question of how Joe is paying for this surgery, since Dr. Martin said insurance doesn't cover experimental procedures. Is Donna paying? Is that why she gets a say? Is the Athletic Department paying? Does Joe have a Nike endorsement deal he's never mentioned?

Even though David is kind of right, and Colin does drag Val down, not with drugs but by taking all her money and skipping bail, David is the one who broke up with Val, so he should shut up about how quickly she moved on.

• Love 3

I want to love Susan's mom, but fuck off with the "are you sleeping with my daughter" at the dinner table. I know Brandon sucks and all, but Susan could do a hell of a lot worse, especially after the shitty couple of years she has been having.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ZeroDiscipline said:

Even though David is kind of right, and Colin does drag Val down, not with drugs but by taking all her money and skipping bail, David is the one who broke up with Val, so he should shut up about how quickly she moved on.

Yea but the reason he broke up with Val was because Val sold out her boyfriend and agreed to her friend having sex with him so I can see where he had no choice but to dump her... and also, Val spent her whole relationship with David flirting and buying time with Colin, so I think I would have been more bitter than he was.

• Love 5
On 5/4/2017 at 4:58 PM, Earmuffs Mom said:

Kirsten's rehab facility was something, wasn't it?  

Was luxury rehab a thing yet in the mid-90s? The first I'd heard of it was circa the Lindsay/ Britney/Paris heyday, and it was mocked even then.

(edited)
8 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

Yea but the reason he broke up with Val was because Val sold out her boyfriend and agreed to her friend having sex with him so I can see where he had no choice but to dump her... and also, Val spent her whole relationship with David flirting and buying time with Colin, so I think I would have been more bitter than he was.

All things considered. I'm surprised he's not more bitter. I mean basically she was spending more time with Colin, literally got arrested and made him pay for bail, and the whole Ginger thing. I guess the Marys helped.

Donna's whole thing with the Hank being scared of Joe being better seems really out of the blue and completely stupid just by meeting him once. Also I thought that Hank wanted him not to play football regardless because it is experimental surgery and stuff. Also where the hell is Joe's family? Also shut up Donna. 

Edited by SoupThrower
  • Love 2
On 5/6/2017 at 6:00 AM, bethster2000 said:

Hey, Kelly...how's it feel to have someone stab you in the back and steal your boyfriend? Just wondering.

Love, Brenda "Living a Fabulous Life in Europe" Walsh

Always felt like Brenda let Kelly off the hook way too easy for being a backstabbing hooch 

• Love 5
On 5/6/2017 at 5:00 AM, bethster2000 said:

Hey, Kelly...how's it feel to have someone stab you in the back and steal your boyfriend? Just wondering.

PS - Dylan says, "Hey." 

I love when Kelly finds out Dylan went to Brenda to heal his broken heart after Toni was killed. #TeamBrenda

• Love 5
On 5/6/2017 at 5:00 AM, bethster2000 said:

Now imagine what it feels like when the woman in question is your best friend. 

If only she did have that kind of self reflection.

• Love 3
On 5/8/2017 at 3:34 AM, Jaclyn88 said:

Always felt like Brenda let Kelly off the hook way too easy for being a backstabbing hooch 

so agree with this. And also, HATED how of course they had to have Dylan come back and be all "Kelly is THE ONE" but late season Dylan is such an obnoxious prick that I like to fanfic that Brenda finally got him out of her system forever, dumped him and sent him packing back to the Niner. I further fanfic that Brenda found some Hot British dude or married European royalty and was living a fabulous Jet Setting life while Kelly was getting coked out, shot, attacked, cheated on etc... heh. And I pretend the slaughter of Brenda's character, and her grown up obsession with Dylan, by the 90210 reboot NEVER happened.

On 5/4/2017 at 10:58 PM, Earmuffs Mom said:

Kirsten's rehab facility was something, wasn't it?  Whew.

Yes, it was.  

On 5/5/2017 at 11:26 PM, MCMLXXVII said:

Was luxury rehab a thing yet in the mid-90s? The first I'd heard of it was circa the Lindsay/ Britney/Paris heyday, and it was mocked even then

I seem to recall that there were at least some upscale facilities. But from what I heard, even the standard places like Betty Ford Center (I recall Elizabeth Taylor? maybe? mentioning how they had to clean up after themselves there and do household chores as part of their recovery) still cost money. Like at least a few thousand dollars for a month of treatment. I'm no expert, but I would think  even then there were places someone rich like Kelly could go to. Like, how come she didn't go to the place she drove her mother to in Season 1 (you know, when Jackie had the melt down at the fashion show)? I just refuse to believe the Taylors would let their precious Beverly Hills angel bunk with a bunch of street urchins.

• Love 4

I really hated how Dylan came back in season 9 and was so in love with Kelly because...well... why is that again? They dated 7 years before that and fought every day of their terrible, horrible relationship that started with lies and deceits. But yea, he was pretty much still in love with her because Brenda was no longer on the show.

• Love 4
On 5/9/2017 at 9:46 AM, Jaclyn88 said:

I really hated how Dylan came back in season 9 and was so in love with Kelly because...well... why is that again? They dated 7 years before that and fought every day of their terrible, horrible relationship that started with lies and deceits. But yea, he was pretty much still in love with her because Brenda was no longer on the show.

I feel like at a certain point, the importance given to the relationships within the foursome of Brenda/Dylan/Kelly/Brandon were mostly determined by the actors' presence or absence on the show - Kelly and Dylan really seem to hate each other through most of Season 4 and have a totally natural, predictable breakup, and Dylan seems to be leaning back towards Brenda for most of the season... and then when Brenda isn't on the show anymore, suddenly Kelly is Dylan's fucking soulmate and Dylan (along with most of the rest of the characters) is pretty much "Brenda who?" Then Dylan leaves the show, so Brandon is the love of Kelly's life. Years later, Brandon is long gone from the show and Dylan turns back up, and suddenly Dylan/Kelly are soulmates again. No real explanations given for why we're supposed to buy the importance of most of these relationships.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, atlanticslide said:

I feel like at a certain point, the importance given to the relationships within the foursome of Brenda/Dylan/Kelly/Brandon were mostly determined by the actors' presence or absence on the show - Kelly and Dylan really seem to hate each other through most of Season 4 and have a totally natural, predictable breakup, and Dylan seems to be leaning back towards Brenda for most of the season... and then when Brenda isn't on the show anymore, suddenly Kelly is Dylan's fucking soulmate and Dylan (along with most of the rest of the characters) is pretty much "Brenda who?" Then Dylan leaves the show, so Brandon is the love of Kelly's life. Years later, Brandon is long gone from the show and Dylan turns back up, and suddenly Dylan/Kelly are soulmates again. No real explanations given for why we're supposed to buy the importance of most of these relationships.

This is so true!! I think we can all agree that Kelly and Dylan had nothing besides attraction between them, and that's a pretty low standard because Dylan is attracted to everyone. For the first 4 seasons, the writers clearly wanted us  to believe that Dylan and Brenda were the soulmate couple of the show. They had a decent relationship and didn't fight ALL the time (only mostly) lol.  But Dylan always went back to her and stood by her more than he stood by Kelly. Then Brenda left the show, and wah la- Kelly is his soulmate, the girl he can't live without and according to him when he was talking to Brandon, "  I don't feel connected to anyone , except for you and Kelly.".. but of course. Because their connection was SO strong all the time. Then Kelly dumps Brandon because she might be in love with Dylan, but THEN Dylan leaves the show, so Brandon automatically becomes the love of her life and she's finally chosen between them. wait for it....UNTIL Brandon leaves the show, Dylan then becomes Kelly's one true love. The writing was just ridiculous.

I did read an article from Jason Priestley and he said he had he stayed on the show, the writers were going to have Brandon and Kelly end up together on the show. I just honestly didn't see the connection Kelly had with either Brandon or Dylan. 

• Love 2

Hi, my name is irrelevant, & I'm a recovering Kelly/Dylan-holic.

Even though this isn't too popular around here, I admit, I always liked Kelly, even in the bitchy, business suit years, even when she needlessly hated every non-Donna girl on-site, even after she cheated with Dylan repeatedly, but was completely offended when it was anyone else cheating, especially when Brandon did it to her (twice, to be fair, Emily & Emma, hmmmmmm, never realized how similar their names are). I also love a good triangle, so when Dylan was with Brenda & they cheated, I liked it. When Kelly was with Brandon & they cheated, I liked it. When Kelly was quasi-with Matt & Dylan was whatever-with Gina & they cheated, I liked it. However, during the episodes when Kelly & Dylan are actually a couple together, I didn't like them together & in a relationship. I never watch those episodes, because I find them boring. With them, for me, it was sort of the thrill-of-the-chase, when reality wasn't so great. 

Honestly, I do think Brandon was her soulmate, & I do think they had similar goals & were well-matched to each other, but I also do think that having basically grown up together & been close to each other for as long as they were, and seeing everything each other went through, I could also really see that they were far more likely to walk under a chandelier than swing from it nekkid. Kelly herself summed up her relationship with Brandon right after Dylan returned: "What you & I had (K&D & the sexual nature of their relationship) was missing from what I had with Brandon." I think that was totally correct; Brandon was her best friend soulmate, Dylan was her sexual soulmate, if that makes sense. Ironically, Matt was basically diet-Brandon, while Collin had a lot of Dylan's characteristics, & the one who really did seem to be a good combo of the 2 really was Mark, which Kelly even said. Granted, if he'd been around longer, he probably would've become Brandon-lite, too, but he did sort of have Dylan's bad-boy side. 

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, nkotb said:

Hi, my name is irrelevant, & I'm a recovering Kelly/Dylan-holic.

Even though this isn't too popular around here, I admit, I always liked Kelly, even in the bitchy, business suit years, even when she needlessly hated every non-Donna girl on-site, even after she cheated with Dylan repeatedly, but was completely offended when it was anyone else cheating, especially when Brandon did it to her (twice, to be fair, Emily & Emma, hmmmmmm, never realized how similar their names are). I also love a good triangle, so when Dylan was with Brenda & they cheated, I liked it. When Kelly was with Brandon & they cheated, I liked it. When Kelly was quasi-with Matt & Dylan was whatever-with Gina & they cheated, I liked it. However, during the episodes when Kelly & Dylan are actually a couple together, I didn't like them together & in a relationship. I never watch those episodes, because I find them boring. With them, for me, it was sort of the thrill-of-the-chase, when reality wasn't so great. 

Honestly, I do think Brandon was her soulmate, & I do think they had similar goals & were well-matched to each other, but I also do think that having basically grown up together & been close to each other for as long as they were, and seeing everything each other went through, I could also really see that they were far more likely to walk under a chandelier than swing from it nekkid. Kelly herself summed up her relationship with Brandon right after Dylan returned: "What you & I had (K&D & the sexual nature of their relationship) was missing from what I had with Brandon." I think that was totally correct; Brandon was her best friend soulmate, Dylan was her sexual soulmate, if that makes sense. Ironically, Matt was basically diet-Brandon, while Collin had a lot of Dylan's characteristics, & the one who really did seem to be a good combo of the 2 really was Mark, which Kelly even said. Granted, if he'd been around longer, he probably would've become Brandon-lite, too, but he did sort of have Dylan's bad-boy side. 

I agree with everything you said. A lot of people claim to hate the triangle aspect of shows, but IMO it has to be done for entertainment purposes. I have to say though, that after season 3 with the fling with Kelly and Dylan, I was bored with them already . I enjoyed Dylan with Brenda but I just never bought that Dylan was in love with Kelly. He never seemed to enjoy being around her and always ended up going back to Brenda. The writers were trying to tell us that Kelly and Dylan were soulmates because they had crappy childhoods and their parents forgot to pick them up from school, but I always felt that Dylan craved Brenda's families normalcy and he loved having a safe place to go and Brenda was always there for him. Kelly was never there for him and always thought about herself. She didn't wanna go to his dad's funeral because she thought she looked fat... WTF? everything was always about her. 

I liked Brandon and Kelly's love story, and unlike Dylan and Kelly, I felt like they actually were in love at one point. My favorite episodes with them were when they first got together in Washington DC. But their second go around in season 8, I did not see any chemistry between them. I think quickly after getting back together, they both realized it was a mistake, but had to stay together because of the whole stink they made of getting back together and keeping the ring and blah blah.

I saw a lot of immaturity in Kelly's taste in guys. She was the type that wanted the asshole and would never be happy with the nice guy without cheating on him. Matt never stood a chance.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

I enjoyed Dylan with Brenda but I just never bought that Dylan was in love with Kelly. He never seemed to enjoy being around her and always ended up going back to Brenda.

THIS. Thing is, I did buy that Kelly always had a thing for Dylan - she wanted to date him before/after the Walshes came to town (remember the infamous slumber party confession) but in almost every way Dylan chose Brenda. Let's review: He was attracted to Brenda from the start and wanted to date her, even though Kelly was available all that time before. He went out with Brenda for what? 2 years? And in that time, it was only after Dylan had all the drama with his Two Daddies, Jim and Jack, that he started sniffing around what I believe he saw as the "easier" "low maintenance" Kelly. (Also helped that Brenda was in Paris). Then he waffles around deciding who he would choose and Brenda dumps him for REEK (which was awesome, because young Dean Cain vs. Stick Insect? No contest) and finally "chooses" Kelly. And Kelly even asks him if she'd be with him if Brenda hadn't broke up with him and he doesn't really deny it. Then we get the famous macking in the pool scene and really, that didn't read to me like some great love but more like Dylan was pissed and resentful that Brenda and the rest of the gang blew off his jailbird Dad's lame homecoming party. What would have happened had Brenda shown up? I really doubt he would've been all over Kelly. Dylan's BS to Kelly in the pool "It's always been you" - really, Dylan? Even during the 2 years you dated Brenda?

So then he and Kelly get together and basically, as everyone pointed out already, hate each other. And every chance he gets Dylan is sniffing around Brenda or actually treating her better than his girlfriend Kelly (see - the time they went fishing, supporting her in the play and giving her the sweet gift, picking her up from jail and of course boning her two seconds after he and Kelly broke up). And after she left, he seemed to bring her up more than the other characters, even her own TWIN BROTHER. And when he mentioned her it was always with sadness (I won't be gone forever) or appreciation ("Bren could really give ol' Jimbo heck" and him taunting Val that she could never be Brenda).  

I get that Shando was hated by the cast and crew but it was beyond lame that they couldn't all act like professionals for story purposes and bring her back as a guest star once in awhile - if they were so hellbent on basically erasing her legacy from the show, then they should have just killed her off. She didn't come back for the Dylan's intervention or her Brother's college graduation or Dylan's wedding??!!! It's London, not the dark side of the moon. 

I'm not saying Brenda and Dylan were soulmates either but I just feel like Dylan was never into Kelly as much as the writers wanted us to believe and it just made all those proclamations and stupid Wild West dream sequence crap extra cringe worthy.  If anyone was with Billy the Stick Insect Kid, it would've been Brenda. Who, of course, didn't even show up in his "all the women I had sex with" coma dream, which was just stupid and unbelievable. 

Epic fail on the post Brenda years, show.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, nkotb said:

@Jaclyn88, great analysis, just one question...what category did Matt, the secretly married nice guy who ultimately cheated on Kelly after ingesting something at a rave fall into?? ;-)

@nkotb Matt fit into Brandon's category.. Both cheated on Kelly and I smiled all the way through. Let's be honest.. that was Karma at its finest. ( I know, they're only tv characters I shouldn't be this mean) lol

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Klaw said:

THIS. Thing is, I did buy that Kelly always had a thing for Dylan - she wanted to date him before/after the Walshes came to town (remember the infamous slumber party confession) but in almost every way Dylan chose Brenda. Let's review: He was attracted to Brenda from the start and wanted to date her, even though Kelly was available all that time before. He went out with Brenda for what? 2 years? And in that time, it was only after Dylan had all the drama with his Two Daddies, Jim and Jack, that he started sniffing around what I believe he saw as the "easier" "low maintenance" Kelly. (Also helped that Brenda was in Paris). Then he waffles around deciding who he would choose and Brenda dumps him for REEK (which was awesome, because young Dean Cain vs. Stick Insect? No contest) and finally "chooses" Kelly. And Kelly even asks him if she'd be with him if Brenda hadn't broke up with him and he doesn't really deny it. Then we get the famous macking in the pool scene and really, that didn't read to me like some great love but more like Dylan was pissed and resentful that Brenda and the rest of the gang blew off his jailbird Dad's lame homecoming party. What would have happened had Brenda shown up? I really doubt he would've been all over Kelly. Dylan's BS to Kelly in the pool "It's always been you" - really, Dylan? Even during the 2 years you dated Brenda?

Yes. Every time Kelly asked him if he would have still chosen her had Brenda come to the party...he never once said yes. He said.. MAYBE. Also, when Brenda got back from Paris, Dylan DID choose Brenda ... The only reason he gave Kelly for choosing her was because she came to the pool party for Jack. That's not exactly a great love story. That's called being a second choice. 

And yea, Dylan can spare me with the "it's always been you"... If you can't make a choice between her and someone else, it has NOT always been her.

I do wonder if Brenda stayed on the show till the last season, would she have ended up with Dylan? I think so. I can barely remember anyone who shipped Kelly and Dylan together.

• Love 3