Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E02: I Got You Abe

1 hour ago, Evil Queen said:

OMG someone needs to smack Sabrina. Are you kidding me that she is really trying to claim she didn't realize that supervision had to be someone by the court? That is her frickin damn excuse now for what went down and having the dad/ex around Oakley when she wasn't suppose to?

Yup! She thought the druggy friend who OD'd was somehow okay as a supervisor. He was another person, no matter that he was actively high on drugs at the time.

Sabrina's lack of judgement is really hard to swallow. Surely, no one can be that dumb. She must have really fried her brain with the alcohol and drugs.

• Love 3
(edited)
14 hours ago, Evil Queen said:

PLEASE someone get rid of Mary and her stupid crap as well. The lady is out of control with gambling if she is asking Abe and Rebecca for money to pay her bills.

After buying a bed and breakfast and trans am. Every one of these people are broke one second, and living it up the next. 

I'd like to know how Mary has her own money at all. And how Jeremiah and his mouse bride will afford IVF after spending "everything they had" on that swamp property. 

Edited by Chewy101
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Complexity said:

Yup! She thought the druggy friend who OD'd was somehow okay as a supervisor. He was another person, no matter that he was actively high on drugs at the time.

Sabrina's lack of judgement is really hard to swallow. Surely, no one can be that dumb. She must have really fried her brain with the alcohol and drugs.

Agree. Sorry but the court would have told her straight out what it meant and it would have been in the papers as well. She just thought she could get away with things and now is trying to play "victim" (or stupid) to try to gain pity from whoever she can get it from. I know I am not one of those people. She made her bed.....

2 hours ago, Chewy101 said:

After buying a bed and breakfast and trans am. Every one of these people are broke one second, and living it up the next. 

I'd like to know how Mary has her own money at all. And how Jeremiah and his mouse bride will afford IBF after spending "everything they had" on that swamp property. 

Oh I know. Is the show paying for certain things aside from all those trips and paychecks? There is no way they get enough from a few episodes to live on for the year. I can't see Mary making enough from tupperware to live on and go gambling all the time. Jeremiah and his fair donuts...please.....again not enough there or get 2 properties and build on them. Its annoying how they act broke then are living it up. 

• Love 1

In the Amish community, I thought any money earned from women or children goes to the head of the household. So even if Mary wasn't completely ignorant about food and tupperware, and WAS able to actually sell the stuff, the money isn't hers. 

58 minutes ago, Chewy101 said:

In the Amish community, I thought any money earned from women or children goes to the head of the household. So even if Mary wasn't completely ignorant about food and tupperware, and WAS able to actually sell the stuff, the money isn't hers. 

Since when does Mary care about Chester? Or about the Amish & their rules? She's most likely officially not Amish anymore. I wonder if they're even still married.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Evil Queen said:

I can't see Mary making enough from tupperware to live on and go gambling all the time.

Oh, but don't forget when Rebecca said Chester would be mad about Mary becoming a multi-millionaire by selling Tupperware! ? I almost fell out of my chair laughing so hard when she said that!

• Love 3
49 minutes ago, Complexity said:

Oh, but don't forget when Rebecca said Chester would be mad about Mary becoming a multi-millionaire by selling Tupperware! ? I almost fell out of my chair laughing so hard when she said that!

Rebecca is bad at math; of course that sounds reasonable to her.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

5 hours ago, Chewy101 said:

Since when does Mary care about Chester? Or about the Amish & their rules? She's most likely officially not Amish anymore. I wonder if they're even still married.

Agreed. She has no respect for the Amish or her husband's devotion to the Amish, so who knows. I wish she would take off the bonnet and blue dress and stop trashing this culture. She managed to be more offensive than the original five who were "breaking Amish." If Chester hasn't left her, I feel for him. 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Complexity said:

OMG I was laughing at that too. I can imagine Mary probably thinks her being on tv will help her sell more because there are those that like her so much and will want to buy from her. SMH

6 hours ago, Chewy101 said:

Agreed. She has no respect for the Amish or her husband's devotion to the Amish, so who knows. I wish she would take off the bonnet and blue dress and stop trashing this culture. She managed to be more offensive than the original five who were "breaking Amish." If Chester hasn't left her, I feel for him. 

Everything you just said there, I agree with. Its why at this point I wonder if he is still Amish himself or what. Like I said she seems to only wear the outfit because she wants the damn attention and nothing more. 

• Love 3
On 5/17/2017 at 0:56 PM, FairyDusted said:

I'd be super pissed off if my mother just randomly followed me on every getaway. GET AWAY MARY!

Except he seems to like it. The trip was Mary's idea, but it's weird how much he puts his mommy over his wife.

(edited)
 that would so not be the case I would think in a normal therapy situation. 

actually, bringing in family members IS often part of couples therapy. When my brother and wife were going through marriage counseling,  their therapist first did individual sessions with each of them, then had sessions with other family members included - they asked me to be there, which i willingly did, and it was so valuable.  It can help give insight into 'why they act as they do', and can help the spouse understand them better based on 'where they come from', the behavior of the family of origin. Once all that was done, THEN the counselor did sessions with them as a couple. The family input helped them immensely in their understanding of each other. Brother and i also both benefited from it;  we learned so much from each other since we each remembered different things, and sometimes remembered the same things very differently.... things that we likely would never have EVER brought up or discussed outside of a counseling context. From what I understand, this is a normal part of marriage counseling by many therapists who take a wholistic  'family team' approach .

- and i have to say i LOVE Mary. She is a hoot! Mama has no f***s left to give. Her shunning has done the opposite of what it's intended to do - it has freed her, instead of cowed her into submission. I say bravo to that. From what she has said about her rumspringa time and being a wild teen, it seems like she was always not *quite* submissive enough to be 100% happy and comfortable in Amish life anyway. Yes, some of the stuff she is doing is ridiculous, and I'm sure played up to be even more so for the show - but she is a riot, nonetheless.  :)

Edited by CathyS
  • Love 2