Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
OnceSane

Captain Sandy: Micromanagement is Her Middle Name

40 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

Sandy is definitely on something.  She is using/abusing some "substance" and is exhibiting very poor judgement.  I don't care if Malia is gay or not, it is not appropriate for anyone to out her... especially her boss.  If I owned a yacht that was to be rented out to BRAVO for Below Deck Med, I would insist that Sandy be fired and another Captain be hired by the producers.  Sandy is nuts and is a lawsuit waiting to happen.   

I think her head/ego is so swollen that she thinks she’s immune to any kind of blowback and can do whatever she wants. It’s clear the way she struts around on the boat up in everyone’s business, pontificates on “passion” and other such nonsense, and now by this vid that she thinks she’s ALL THAT and can do whatever she wants to whoever she wants. 

I don’t care what people’s preferences are either. Why? Not my business, for starters.

Time for a quick lesson about pride going before a fall. Here’s hoping.  Bravo is slowly killing this franchise by keeping her around. 

• Like 14

Not sure where to drop this, but since it involves both Sandy and Malia (and I may sound crazy)...Delete if inappropriate, I guess.

Do you think it was possible that Malia was in on bringing Bugsy back? I didn’t know they were that good of friends, and I’m finding Malia’s reaction to Bugs being back on the boat a bit much, given Hannah’s well-known dislike of Bugs. (Bravo is showing Bugs’s first ep.) Sure, hiring someone’s arch-enemy makes for good TV, but...

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, AnnieBananie said:

Sandy's walked it back now, but insufficiently

I haven't seen it, but that kind of "walk back" does sound like a "under the influence" thing that is regretted in the light of day. Don't tweet/text/post when you're under the influence!

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, AnnieBananie said:

Sandy's walked it back now, but insufficiently, in my opinion. Excuses, excuses.

Sandy.JPG

Well, it’s out there now, isn’t it? And of course, it was taken out of context. Of course.

To quote Captain Lee to Rocky (rough paraphrase, probably): “I’m not into apologies. Apologies are more for the people who are apologizing.” 

Next time put the phone away.

• Like 7
  • Laugh 1

So on a FB group someone posted the full cameo, I think you can access it if you’re a member of Cameo, and the entire thing does not make the context any better it just cuts out the part about the person having a crush on Malia and his wife gave him a “freebie” if he met her.

• Like 4
  • Useful 3
  • Sad 1

Sandy is so weird. Why she would even say something like that makes no sense. Maybe she’s fallen off the wagon and was fucked up lol. Anyways who cares if Malia is gay or not. Sandy seems like she almost has a stalkerish crush on Malia lol.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Kiki777 said:

So unprofessional and yes WEIRD.  Hope she gets fired.

Unfortunately not... They're filming right now in Croatia and Sandy and Malia seem to be both back 😕

• Sad 10

On 8/25/2020 at 8:29 AM, chenoa333 said:

No. It's not new. I watched that episode and was (somewhat) shocked at Sandy's stupidity. She got zero questions correct.

Maybe Sandy's not junior high material.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 6

So Sandy made those comments on live twitter while filming with Malia? She really should be fired for this. She is Malia's superior and this is possibly grounds for a sexual harrassment case against Sandy.  What would possess her to say what she said unless she was drinking? I imagine she is groveling at Malia's feet begging her forgiveness.  

• Like 4
  • Laugh 1

7 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

So Sandy made those comments on live twitter while filming with Malia?

It was a Cameo that appeared to be recorded in her Denver apartment and than someone else posted it on Twitter. Malia made a comment Referencing it from her quarantine in Croatia.

• Surprise 2

How are they filming in the middle of a pandemic?  Are all expected guests quarantined?  Also means no musical chairs with the crew unless all changes are pre-scripted.

• Useful 1

So are they filming or not filming? Don't understand how they can be filming in a pandemic. Are the guesting wearing masks and keeping 6' apart? This makes no sense.

12 hours ago, Diane Mars said:

Unfortunately not... They're filming right now in Croatia and Sandy and Malia seem to be both back 😕

How is this possible?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 65mickey said:

So are they filming or not filming? Don't understand how they can be filming in a pandemic. Are the guesting wearing masks and keeping 6' apart? This makes no sense.

Rigorous testing and yes they started filming this show yesterday and have wrapped BDSY also in Croatia one of the few countries Americans can travel to and with a negative test or quarantine  and get it done locally. Not every place is the total and complete dumpster fire that is the United States. Though traveling so far for a few days on a yacht for tv would be the last thing I want to do in a pandemic. Particularly, with Sandy lurking. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

23 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Rigorous testing and yes they started filming this show yesterday and have wrapped BDSY also in Croatia one of the few countries Americans can travel to and with a negative test or quarantine  and get it done locally. Not every place is the total and complete dumpster fire that is the United States. Though traveling so far for a few days on a yacht for tv would be the last thing I want to do in a pandemic. Particularly, with Sandy lurking. 

Ugh!  In normal times it would be annoying enough for her to loiter around when people are eating, but in Corona-times?  So much NO.

• Like 1

On 9/25/2020 at 4:00 AM, 65mickey said:

Please tell me that Jenna is not back on BDSY.

I think the only one back is Glenn but don’t quote me on that because I can’t find the post.

• Useful 1

On 9/24/2020 at 12:32 PM, biakbiak said:

She’s apparently going around SM and issuing copyright violations for anyone sharing her Cameo video. 

It’s not even her cameo, it is licensed to the person who paid for and they can do what they want with it as long as they aren’t profiting from it. Incidentally, the purchaser is in one of my FB groups and he said for everyone to spread it far and wide.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 3

On 5/19/2020 at 6:55 PM, biakbiak said:

She posted a video of her mocking a grocery store worker for telling her and her girlfriend that they had to wear masks and follow the arrows for the single file aisles. She also has made a big deal about not wearing masks and in one picture while getting a manicure used the underwear they give you when you get a wax as an ill-fitting mask, etc. 

Her girlfriends father passed away from Covid over the weekend according to Sandy's Instagram. 

• Sad 2

On 9/24/2020 at 7:39 PM, biakbiak said:

On 9/25/2020 at 6:00 AM, 65mickey said:

Please tell me that Jenna is not back on BDSY.

I'm out for BDM. Can't do it with Sandy and Malia.  I'm in for BDSY though.  I hope Captain Glen doesn't turn out to be a loon like Sandy.

I am one of the few who likes Jenna. 

On 9/25/2020 at 2:48 AM, Diane Mars said:

I recorded the full cameo from Sandy... and put it here : https://www.dropbox.com/s/cckzuv40bs50bm2/EffSandy.mp4?dl=0 😉

On 5/19/2020 at 5:55 PM, biakbiak said:

She posted a video of her mocking a grocery store worker for telling her and her girlfriend that they had to wear masks and follow the arrows for the single file aisles. She also has made a big deal about not wearing masks and in one picture while getting a manicure used the underwear they give you when you get a wax as an ill-fitting mask, etc. 

Sandy is so f'g weird.

• Like 1

So I'm rewatching Season 5 and I think Sandy should be doing the same thing to learn from herself. First of all, when you find yourself in a pickle because you fired a perfectly good chef in the middle of the season, and your bosun's chef boyfriend just happens to show up (like it wasn't planned or anything), don't whine to get him to agree to take the job. Just offer it. It sounds childish and unprofessional. PWEASE, PWEASE Tom, I'm weally in a bind! Also, when a previous charter guest (Johnny Damon) shows up, it's probably not a good idea to greet them with a reminder of their last charter if it wasn't great - first words out of her mouth: "Oh my gosh, I'm so happy you came back so we can make it right for you - especially in the food department."

Edited To Add: When the bosun radios you that one of the crew is having a medical issue/heart palpitations, your response should probably be, I'll be right there - not, Tell her to come to me.

Edited by Teri313
  • Like 6