Type keyword(s) to search

Captain Sandy: Micromanagement is Her Middle Name

• Start Topic

40 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

Sandy is definitely on something.  She is using/abusing some "substance" and is exhibiting very poor judgement.  I don't care if Malia is gay or not, it is not appropriate for anyone to out her... especially her boss.  If I owned a yacht that was to be rented out to BRAVO for Below Deck Med, I would insist that Sandy be fired and another Captain be hired by the producers.  Sandy is nuts and is a lawsuit waiting to happen.   

I think her head/ego is so swollen that she thinks she’s immune to any kind of blowback and can do whatever she wants. It’s clear the way she struts around on the boat up in everyone’s business, pontificates on “passion” and other such nonsense, and now by this vid that she thinks she’s ALL THAT and can do whatever she wants to whoever she wants. 

I don’t care what people’s preferences are either. Why? Not my business, for starters.

Time for a quick lesson about pride going before a fall. Here’s hoping.  Bravo is slowly killing this franchise by keeping her around. 

• Love 17

Not sure where to drop this, but since it involves both Sandy and Malia (and I may sound crazy)...Delete if inappropriate, I guess.

Do you think it was possible that Malia was in on bringing Bugsy back? I didn’t know they were that good of friends, and I’m finding Malia’s reaction to Bugs being back on the boat a bit much, given Hannah’s well-known dislike of Bugs. (Bravo is showing Bugs’s first ep.) Sure, hiring someone’s arch-enemy makes for good TV, but...

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, AnnieBananie said:

Sandy's walked it back now, but insufficiently

I haven't seen it, but that kind of "walk back" does sound like a "under the influence" thing that is regretted in the light of day. Don't tweet/text/post when you're under the influence!

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, AnnieBananie said:

Sandy's walked it back now, but insufficiently, in my opinion. Excuses, excuses.

Sandy.JPG

Well, it’s out there now, isn’t it? And of course, it was taken out of context. Of course.

To quote Captain Lee to Rocky (rough paraphrase, probably): “I’m not into apologies. Apologies are more for the people who are apologizing.” 

Next time put the phone away.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

So on a FB group someone posted the full cameo, I think you can access it if you’re a member of Cameo, and the entire thing does not make the context any better it just cuts out the part about the person having a crush on Malia and his wife gave him a “freebie” if he met her.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4

Sandy is so weird. Why she would even say something like that makes no sense. Maybe she’s fallen off the wagon and was fucked up lol. Anyways who cares if Malia is gay or not. Sandy seems like she almost has a stalkerish crush on Malia lol.

• Love 8

So Sandy made those comments on live twitter while filming with Malia? She really should be fired for this. She is Malia's superior and this is possibly grounds for a sexual harrassment case against Sandy.  What would possess her to say what she said unless she was drinking? I imagine she is groveling at Malia's feet begging her forgiveness.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

So Sandy made those comments on live twitter while filming with Malia?

It was a Cameo that appeared to be recorded in her Denver apartment and than someone else posted it on Twitter. Malia made a comment Referencing it from her quarantine in Croatia.

So are they filming or not filming? Don't understand how they can be filming in a pandemic. Are the guesting wearing masks and keeping 6' apart? This makes no sense.

12 hours ago, Diane Mars said:

Unfortunately not... They're filming right now in Croatia and Sandy and Malia seem to be both back 😕

How is this possible?

• Love 1
5 hours ago, 65mickey said:

So are they filming or not filming? Don't understand how they can be filming in a pandemic. Are the guesting wearing masks and keeping 6' apart? This makes no sense.

Rigorous testing and yes they started filming this show yesterday and have wrapped BDSY also in Croatia one of the few countries Americans can travel to and with a negative test or quarantine  and get it done locally. Not every place is the total and complete dumpster fire that is the United States. Though traveling so far for a few days on a yacht for tv would be the last thing I want to do in a pandemic. Particularly, with Sandy lurking. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
23 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Rigorous testing and yes they started filming this show yesterday and have wrapped BDSY also in Croatia one of the few countries Americans can travel to and with a negative test or quarantine  and get it done locally. Not every place is the total and complete dumpster fire that is the United States. Though traveling so far for a few days on a yacht for tv would be the last thing I want to do in a pandemic. Particularly, with Sandy lurking. 

Ugh!  In normal times it would be annoying enough for her to loiter around when people are eating, but in Corona-times?  So much NO.

• Love 2
On 9/24/2020 at 12:32 PM, biakbiak said:

She’s apparently going around SM and issuing copyright violations for anyone sharing her Cameo video. 

It’s not even her cameo, it is licensed to the person who paid for and they can do what they want with it as long as they aren’t profiting from it. Incidentally, the purchaser is in one of my FB groups and he said for everyone to spread it far and wide.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
On 5/19/2020 at 6:55 PM, biakbiak said:

She posted a video of her mocking a grocery store worker for telling her and her girlfriend that they had to wear masks and follow the arrows for the single file aisles. She also has made a big deal about not wearing masks and in one picture while getting a manicure used the underwear they give you when you get a wax as an ill-fitting mask, etc. 

Her girlfriends father passed away from Covid over the weekend according to Sandy's Instagram. 

On 9/24/2020 at 7:39 PM, biakbiak said:

On 9/25/2020 at 6:00 AM, 65mickey said:

Please tell me that Jenna is not back on BDSY.

I'm out for BDM. Can't do it with Sandy and Malia.  I'm in for BDSY though.  I hope Captain Glen doesn't turn out to be a loon like Sandy.

I am one of the few who likes Jenna. 

On 9/25/2020 at 2:48 AM, Diane Mars said:

I recorded the full cameo from Sandy... and put it here : https://www.dropbox.com/s/cckzuv40bs50bm2/EffSandy.mp4?dl=0 😉

On 5/19/2020 at 5:55 PM, biakbiak said:

She posted a video of her mocking a grocery store worker for telling her and her girlfriend that they had to wear masks and follow the arrows for the single file aisles. She also has made a big deal about not wearing masks and in one picture while getting a manicure used the underwear they give you when you get a wax as an ill-fitting mask, etc. 

Sandy is so f'g weird.

• Love 4

So I'm rewatching Season 5 and I think Sandy should be doing the same thing to learn from herself. First of all, when you find yourself in a pickle because you fired a perfectly good chef in the middle of the season, and your bosun's chef boyfriend just happens to show up (like it wasn't planned or anything), don't whine to get him to agree to take the job. Just offer it. It sounds childish and unprofessional. PWEASE, PWEASE Tom, I'm weally in a bind! Also, when a previous charter guest (Johnny Damon) shows up, it's probably not a good idea to greet them with a reminder of their last charter if it wasn't great - first words out of her mouth: "Oh my gosh, I'm so happy you came back so we can make it right for you - especially in the food department."

Edited To Add: When the bosun radios you that one of the crew is having a medical issue/heart palpitations, your response should probably be, I'll be right there - not, Tell her to come to me.

Edited by Teri313
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, PaperTree said:

Thanks!  I need to check this thread more often.

Sandy is trashed.  LOL  

eta:  Not that there's anything wrong with that  :)

100% trashed - LOL - bottoms up Sandy, cheers!

• Love 1

Sandy has been remarkably quiet the past few episodes.

It’s almost like she is gun shy or she has been told to tone it down if she wants to survive on the show.

• Love 1

Watching reruns of an old season today, on the Sirocco. Sandy is up the interiors’ ass and Hannah’s all of the time.  Stupid shit that really didn’t matter in the long term.

Painfully obvious that she didn’t like Hannah from the beginning, probably because Hannah didn’t kiss her ass like Malia or Bugsy. Not a big Hannah fan, but Sandy treated her badly. Sandy’s management style also stinks.

If Hannah said hi to a guest, I am sure Sandy would correct her and say no that’s too informal. If Malia or Bugsy said hey there to a guest, it would be, see that’s how you make a guest feel at home and welcome!

I would love to be a guest on a yacht where Sandy was the captain just to blast her 24/7.

• Love 8

Rewatching the season where Sandy was truly in her most repulsive element with Hannah and Conrad. I’ve watched this a few times, and while I can now see blame on all sides, I’m convinced that this is where Sandy decided to weaponize Hannah’s anxiety when she got the chance. If I were Hannah I would have never told that woman that I had a mental health condition. She cannot be trusted with that kind of personal information. Horrible manager, horrible person. I think that was the season Hannah stopped giving a fuck, for good reason, with that kind of person as your boss.

Conrad vs. Joao. Another Cap’n Sandy-arranged morale-killer.

Really — one of the worst seasons in the entire BD-BDM franchise, with maybe the exception of Kate’s last season. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
49 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Someone needed to micromanage her ass and let her know that she misspelled "chief stew" on her merch. "Cheif!" WTF is this shit. Smug moron.

https://captainsandyyawn.com/shop/

https://captainsandyyawn.com/product/cheif-stew-one-piece-swimsuit/

Hilarious!!!

Do we know the model in the hat? Is that Anastasia? She looks like one of the stews we have seen on Below Deck, doesn't she?

Watching BD Med rerun today, loafing after a 14 hour day yesterday. Of course, Sandy is bitching about the interior crew, with chef Ben being a prima Donna and agreeing with Sandy. She had a cow because the table wasn’t set first thing in the morning. Ooooh look how the deck crew had all of the toys out! The guests were leaving by midday or earlier. I didn’t understand when they thought the guests were going to jet ski or whatever as they were leaving shortly after breakfast, which was at 10:30? I don’t think I would want place settings sitting out on a boat for several hours. Then they showed her lecturing Hannah how that wasn’t yachting, it wasn’t in her blood. I would have told her no, a shitty manager isn’t in my blood and quit. Sandy is such a poor manager, calling out people in front of the entire crew, pitting one department or people against another. 
A tour? To listen to her spit out trite slogans and her own brand of BS? Hard pass. 

• Love 4

Can someone fill me in - I watched Sandy in season 2, and now I'm watching season 6.

After season 2 people had good comments about her, there wasn't so hate. But now, everyone doesn't seem to like her here. What happened?

Just had to come here to say that no matter how many times I see the episodes where Kiko and Hannah get fired, I never fail to get enraged at Sandy’s actions toward both of them.

Gives her fake pep talks to Kiko, fires him, gets in his way in the galley, then expects him to stay and crank out a breakfast. Then she’s pestering Hannah, offering her “care and concern” before getting rid of her. 

Yawn is such a damn poor excuse for a boss. Why wasn’t the valium and vape pen handled the same way Lee handled Kat’s anti-anxiety meds? Location difference with laws? Or Sandy just being a reprehensible bitch?

EDIT — Want to be clear that there were definitely problems with both Hannah and Kiko. My beef was, is, and always will be with the piss-poor management style of Cap’n Sandy.

Edited by RoseAllDay
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

Watching the season where Hannah gets fired, and it’s really hitting me just how fucking phony Sandy is. Everything that comes out of her mouth sounds like a scripted line, and she is a tremendously bad actor.

Just where did they find this shrew?

• Like 2

I can only watch the first half of this episode after that it dissolves in to such a gaslighting mess it angers me every damn time.

The first half is filled with horrible guests and the second half is filled with horrible management and bad acting with Sandy and Malia.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I can only watch the first half of this episode after that it dissolves in to such a gaslighting mess it angers me every damn time.

The first half is filled with horrible guests and the second half is filled with horrible management and bad acting with Sandy and Malia.

Every time I watch that season, the set up becomes even more clear, and it is enraging…starting with bringing Bugs back.

Tom was supposed to be “passing through” on his way to visit a sick uncle, but Sandy “convinces” him to stay, which then leads to the whole bunking bullshit with Hannah, which leads to Malia being an absolute bitch. Whatever happened to the uncle? 

Sandy took WAY too much pleasure in looking at the text of Hannah’s stuff. And why didn’t she do what Lee did with Kat on BD, and ask to see a prescription? Yes, Hannah should have done that on her own initiative, but she still should have been given the opportunity to show what she had was not illegal. 

Sandy was setting up Hannah in the previous season, by getting in her head with all the “passion for yachting” horseshit.  That’s one of the many reasons why I hate Sandy with the heat of a thousand suns. She is a shit person.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
On 4/4/2023 at 2:35 PM, Rabbit Hutch said:

Captian Sandy seems to be a master of manipulation, and of having to have the last word.  What a horrible manager.  I just finished up Season 4 and I can't believe what a TERRIBLE leader she is.  

EDIT, 4-6:  After beginning the eppie in which Hannah gets fired, I couldn't finish it.  The backstabbing, gaslighting, lying, and triangulation tactics used by both Sandy and Malia had been shocking up to this point, but the culmination in this eppie was so bad U had to stop watching.

Malia, we all KNOW you took that pic to get even with Hannah.  Hannah, your decision was absolutely the right one re the bunk situation with Malia and her hookup.  Bugs, what a snake.  Sandy, you handled that whole situation *that began with the bunk assignments* wrong from the word GO. What a disgusting excuse for a leader you are.

I can't finish out the season of this series.  I won't be watching Mediterranean again until they get rid of Sandy.  In the meantime, I gonna try out the "Adventure" series.  That captain ostensibly has a good head on his shoulders. 

Ugh...feel like I need a shower after that.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

EDIT, 4-6:  After beginning the eppie in which Hannah gets fired, I couldn't finish it.  The backstabbing, gaslighting, lying, and triangulation tactics used by both Sandy and Malia had been shocking up to this point, but the culmination in this eppie was so bad U had to stop watching.

Malia, we all KNOW you took that pic to get even with Hannah.  Hannah, your decision was absolutely the right one re the bunk situation with Malia and her hookup.  Bugs, what a snake.  Sandy, you handled that whole situation *that began with the bunk assignments* wrong from the word GO. What a disgusting excuse for a leader you are.

I can't finish out the season of this series.  I won't be watching Mediterranean again until they get rid of Sandy.  In the meantime, I gonna try out the "Adventure" series.  That captain ostensibly has a good head on his shoulders. 

Ugh...feel like I need a shower after that.

So are you saying it's okay to have drugs onboard & lie about it ?

13 hours ago, Welshman in Ca said:

So are you saying it's okay to have drugs onboard & lie about it ?

Depends. My point is, was, and will remain that Sandy should have given Hannah the opportunity to show that she had the stuff legally. Captain Lee did that with Kat Held on the first season of BD, Kat produced a prescription, and all was good. All this did was give Sandy the handy pretext of getting rid of someone she didn’t like, with the bonus of using that person’s anxiety disorder as a weapon. 

It was a setup by a pissed-off Malia, because she was Sandy’s pet. 

I find it really curious too that people get their pants in a knot over Valium and vape, yet some crew can get falling-down drunk constantly and then go on duty managing a zillion-ton megayacht. See Travis, who Sandy only talked to about his alcohol problem, the same guy who slapped Anastasia while drunk and got away with it.

The vape stuff…TBH, I’ve never been clear about exactly what that was,  because I don’t trust Sandy to be honest about it. Just confiscate the shit, or have Hannah get rid of it.

I can pretty much guarantee, though, that had this been anybody else but Hannah, it wouldn’t have ended as badly as it did.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

Depends. My point is, was, and will remain that Sandy should have given Hannah the opportunity to show that she had the stuff legally. Captain Lee did that with Kat Held on the first season of BD, Kat produced a prescription, and all was good. All this did was give Sandy the handy pretext of getting rid of someone she didn’t like, with the bonus of using that person’s anxiety disorder as a weapon. 

It was a setup by a pissed-off Malia, because she was Sandy’s pet. 

I find it really curious too that people get their pants in a knot over Valium and vape, yet some crew can get falling-down drunk constantly and then go on duty managing a zillion-ton megayacht. See Travis, who Sandy only talked to about his alcohol problem, the same guy who slapped Anastasia while drunk and got away with it.

The vape stuff…TBH, I’ve never been clear about exactly what that was,  because I don’t trust Sandy to be honest about it. Just confiscate the shit, or have Hannah get rid of it.

I can pretty much guarantee, though, that had this been anybody else but Hannah, it wouldn’t have ended as badly as it did.

She lied about them on her application or whatever it's called that everyone filled out stating that she was NOT taking any prescribed medication. Now the way that Malia sneakily took the picture and sent it to captain Sandy was out of line but the fact that she lied about taking a prescribed medication that would 100% affect her ability to do her job & maybe even in an emergency affect her ability to save her own life tells me she shouldn't be on a yacht looking after other people.

If you're okay with that then that's your choice & the fact that they get drunk while off duty & at dock has zero to do with lying about taking prescribed drugs. I'm glad you think you can guarantee that anyone else wouldn't have been fired but you can't prove it.

I try not to let my liking or disliking someone cloud my judgement in cases like this and I liked Hannah until she lied.

You are okay with it & I am not, end of discussion.

• Like 1

One more thing, though. You seem to think that taking a prescribed medication for a condition like anxiety would definitely impair Hannah’s ability to do her job. For a lot of people, taking prescribed medications allows them to function well enough to do their jobs. There is no evidence at all that she was impaired, or abused the prescription at any point.

Perhaps it was fear of the stigma that some people attach to mental illness that led her to take the chance of not disclosing the meds. I can’t say I blame her.  Sandy has shown who and what she is many times beyond this particular instance.

Yes, I do think alcohol abuse presents a greater, daily safety risk on a yacht over a prescription dose of Valium.

I think this topic was heavily discussed on this forum when the episode aired — weaponizing and stigmatizing mental health.

I’m done here as well. Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Welshman in Ca said:

She lied about them on her application or whatever it's called that everyone filled out stating that she was NOT taking any prescribed medication. Now the way that Malia sneakily took the picture and sent it to captain Sandy was out of line but the fact that she lied about taking a prescribed medication that would 100% affect her ability to do her job & maybe even in an emergency affect her ability to save her own life tells me she shouldn't be on a yacht looking after other people.

If you're okay with that then that's your choice & the fact that they get drunk while off duty & at dock has zero to do with lying about taking prescribed drugs. I'm glad you think you can guarantee that anyone else wouldn't have been fired but you can't prove it.

I try not to let my liking or disliking someone cloud my judgement in cases like this and I liked Hannah until she lied.

You are okay with it & I am not, end of discussion.

Captain Sandy, however, already knew that Hannah was on prescribed anxiety meds, as shown in a prior season. Yes, Hannah did not re-disclose, but it was not like it was a shock to the captain.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, connieinnc said:

Captain Sandy, however, already knew that Hannah was on prescribed anxiety meds, as shown in a prior season. Yes, Hannah did not re-disclose, but it was not like it was a shock to the captain.

All the more reason not to lie about it & give people an excuse to drop you in it, especially a snake who was more worried about getting the D regularly than any real issue.

• Like 1
On 4/8/2023 at 2:15 PM, connieinnc said:

They are showing season 5 today when that pig Captain Sandy did Hannah wrong just so disgusting Malia could share a cabin with her fuck buddy. I think that’s when the show really went downhill.

To top it off they ruined regular Below Deck with several episodes of Captain Sandy filling in. She was an asshole to sweet Fraser who could have used some mentoring. Not the,pig, she just wants to micromanage.