Type keyword(s) to search

Captain Sandy: Micromanagement is Her Middle Name

• Start Topic

Yeah, but Kiko really did mess up this charter on just about every meal.

Quality wise, with the exception of the undercooked fish, I don't think the non vegans had any complaints.  

I'm undecided on the vegans.  They came across as people who are unhappy with everything.  But.  One time, a chef, who has been given a preference sheet, gives me a boring meal, okay.  2 times?  3 times, you're getting side eye and I no longer have faith that you made any effort.  So I dont know if they were just crabby or felt like there was no attempt to satisfy their taste buds.

He was off on timing, didnt Google vegan meals to give him inspiration, relied on mushrooms, and just didnt have it together. 

Sandy, being the head supervisor on the boat, kind of does have to make her presence known, to make things improve.  Or make changes to be better.

Even if Kiko is adorable.  Maybe Sandy should get him a sous chef from the deck.

• Love 1
On 7/22/2020 at 9:48 AM, Jextella said:

How can you tell if Bravo limits interviews?  Is it just a decrease in quantity?

Sandy stated that Bravo was limiting the interviews but all of the other cast members kept doing them. That didn’t appear to hold.

• Love 2
On 7/22/2020 at 9:31 AM, dleighg said:

I just saw a promo for a show on E! that she is apparently on called "Celebrity Call Center" ????  However even though she was briefly featured in the promo, there's precious little mentioning her on the intertubes.

I noticed the other celebs are dressed like normal people, Captain Lee was in like a Hawaiian shirt I think, but yet she had on her captain's shirt. Why? It's not like it was filmed while she was on a ship. Oh, that's right, she's got to remind people she's a captain and a famewhore.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

I watched Capt Sandy's IG live so you didn't have to (with vodka)-she is awful. This was painful. I would compare her "inspirational" speech to Bill Murray in his ending speech in Scrooged, but I love that movie and won't insult him. She is planning on doing this next week. I'll be at work and I can't live through this again-she is inviting her friends and just rattles names off like I know who TF Vicki and Bill are: 

BLUF: None of us understand because we aren't working on a yacht. She is the victim here and she is mad. 

I couldn't cover everything because woof. It was like she was giving a paid speech-we are all one planet, one love, etc. Lady I waited in line for RBG-you are not a speaker. She is all over the place. She literally said nothing interesting or helpful. Also we are all hateful and mean & should think of Malia and Tom's feelings. The comments I did catch were a mix of YOU ARE THE BEST to YOU SHOULD QUIT. I pride myself on giving good summaries, but this was impossible. She meandered from one comment to another-she kept asking people to help her read comments. She comes off really rude and VERY angry and blames all the viewers. She comes off as the victim (to editing, to maritime law, to all the haters)-she lists all the tragedy that happened to her (it borders on Kelly Taylor's 90210 college years). Useless and with tons of technical difficulties. I know she is sober, but she seems like she is on something-unfocused and confused. She trails off mid-sentence. 

-To her micromanaging=her "helping"; if you are a good job, you never see her (so her staring at the deck crew was because she didn't trust them?).

-Apparently her defense is that the Captain is responsible for all the things on board (true), but she used the comparison of the Costa Concordia and how the crew ran that ship aground (which I thought he was on the bridge bragging to a lady). She talks a lot about how much reading she had to do about Malta law and regulations and law. You know-like anyone would that has a job where you need to familiar with regulations (i.e. the majority of us).

-She really talks about drugs and drug testing. I have shared I get drug tested for my gov't job and they test for narcotics. Also anxiety meds are not drugs, but she doesn't see it. She gets mad having to go back to the Valium. "If she gave you her drugs, would it be different." She has to be coached to answer because she said "no" at first.  (Drugs are her words, not mine)

-She spent a lot of time talking about the laws and rules that yachtees have to learn. She explained about flying under the Maltese flag. 

-Question on favoritism: A lot of congratulatory statements on her career, then on to editing, editing, editing... So we don't see the whole picture (she went to that a lot-you signed up for a reality show Captain). She answered an ad in the newspaper because she had to pay off her debts (I'm not sure if that was the Bravo ad?). She is quoting Denzel Washington, Thomas Edison, and Reggie Jackson about falling forward to say that Kiko was beloved. 

-They NEVER showed her helping Kiko and if she was in the galley, it was only because she was doing his dishes. He thanked her so much and they never see her.

-She went on about how to work in the maritime industry if you aren't "college material". That seems like an odd statement. She circles back to working on a yacht and how if you can't make it in college, you can make it there. (Is this not insulting to everyone-college and not?) 

-She has no idea how to use IG. 

-She has "nothing to do with cabins", she made a mistake because she was annoyed and was tired of hearing about the cabins-she wouldn't have gotten involved if they had made a decision. Haven't we all made an emotional decision? (Uh, they did make a decision-Malia just didn't like it)

-She has "no idea" what happens on the boat-with the cabins, with guests driving drunk on the jet ski. Even though she is responsible for the whole boat? She can't speak for Malia.

-She read the internet because she addresses the comment about Tom not having his knives. 

-She has too much of a life to see anyone on the crew off the boat. 

-This is "corona's" fault. 

-Lots of "I'm sorry that you..." 

-"No comment" on Captain Lee. 

-She can hire Kiko for her restaurant. 

-She claims she will respond to all emails, but not hate. So sorry to anyone here!

• Useful 3
  • Love 16
12 minutes ago, LotusFlower said:

I was the one typing “Quit!” every five seconds.  I also kept asking what Denzel had to do with anything, why did she call alcohol not a drug, and yelled at her to say Hannah’s name!

I saw those-I feel like we are best friends now! I asked her why she was so mad at the viewers. I was trying to string her thoughts together so much that I only had one vodka and sprite zero. So now Sandy ruined my plan to have an early evening buzz-thanks Sandy! 

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
20 hours ago, tvfanatic13 said:

What did she say about the knives? Thank you so much for taking one for the team!

She said that if Tom was “planned”, he would have had his knives. 

Edited by jmcd44
The absence of “not” is helpful to this statement.
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, dleighg said:

where was this?

The last half of her IG live video that she did yesterday, she saved it but has since deleted it. However, it’s floating around on various groups by people who saved it when it was up.

• Love 5

I knew she wouldn't cop to anything.  She let Malaria run to her over any little thing and did rushed to do her bidding.  Yet when Hannah came to her for help it was sick it up buttercup. Fix it yourself. 

I've had female bosses like her,  I prefer working for a Male myself.  They don't tend to be this petty. Many of the female bosses I've had can not handle the power.  

I'd bet my paycheck Malaria thinks Hannah is weak for needing Valium.  

She's a judgy c*nt like that.  

I'm disgusted at the way Sandy handled the cabin situation for a chef that had been there all of 5 min... she's a joke.  

• Love 10
21 minutes ago, blixie said:

So she is a terrible person stigmatizing mental health AND maliciously stupid/uninformed? Production really knew what it was doing when it asked these two women to take their knives out for Hannah and they eagerly leaped to wear it. I'm not sure why infamous enthusiastic pothead Andy is carrying Bravo's "weed pen/narcotics" water on this one though. Hannah must of crossed him mightily.

Didn't Sandy try to shame one of the deckhands, Collin maybe, for calling out Joao's bad behavior on a past season? Telling him what if Joao killed himself? I looked thru this thread, but it must have been talked about in an episode thread somewhere. So she was very concerned about Joao getting a very mild Instagram or Twitter comment about his rampant drinking and down right horrifying behavior, but Hannnah who has an actual prescription for a medical condition is fair game to be painted as a illegal drug addict by Sandy and Malia? Got it. She's a horrible, horrible person. Can we cancel culture her yet? 

• Love 16
15 hours ago, jmcd44 said:

She said that if Tom was “planned”, he would not have had his knives. 

I don't get this. Seems like if Tom was planned he would have had his knives. Why would he have his knives if he was not planned? Does he just travel with his knives on the outside chance that he will get a chef's position?

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

I don't get this.

That’s on me-sorry. I’m going to edit it-I should reread what I wrote before I post. 😂

So I meant to write “if Tom was “planned”, he would have had his knives.” 

I didn’t see if he had knives, but wasn’t the story was that he was returning home from charter? He would have his knives then. That could have been her answer. But Sandy sucks. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Does he just travel with his knives on the outside chance that he will get a chef's position?

I thought he was coming from a job to go visit his uncle Which if that’s the case it would make since he has his knives. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

Didn't Sandy try to shame one of the deckhands, Collin maybe, for calling out Joao's bad behavior on a past season? Telling him what if Joao killed himself?

Yep. She did it on Twitter.

• Love 4

She's hit a new low with her Instagram posts. She posted a clip of her niece, who she says has been on life support since she was 3, and has a blurb about how they forgive all the people who have been mean to the niece. When asked what she's talking about, she claims there's comments in the post before it..... but people are saying there's no such comments. I just went thru a ton of them, I've yet to see one even mentioning her niece, let alone saying anything mean about her.  

But you know what the previous post does have? An advertisement/link for a yachting course..... posted the same day Hannah posted she has a new business venture and will be running an online course with Anastasia on how to get into yatching. She's totally being called out for exploiting the child and being a petty bitch to Hannah and Anastasia. Oh, and there's a shit ton of comments about her and Malia's repeated claims Hannah was taking drugs and her using a mental health issue as a weapon. Plus the whole Malia going thru Hannah's purse as being seen as a-okay from Sandy. 

ETA.... I would have added the post about the niece, but I didn't want to exploit her like Sandy did. This child obviously has a very severe physical handicap at the very least. 

Edited by Fostersmom
  • Love 8

Sandy is shameless, no one was saying boo about her niece, I doubt more than a few even knew she had a niece with medical problems.

I’ll just leave this here: 

8BC634FF-819A-43BC-8ECA-326B1761901A.jpeg

Edited by GreyBunny
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, biakbiak said:

Is this new? When she was on the first time she was so crazy stupid and got nothing right!

all I know is that I saw an ad for the show today, and it mentioned her. No idea if it's a new episode or not, or related to this one which just popped up on the Bravo site

• Useful 1
On 8/19/2020 at 1:55 PM, biakbiak said:

Is this new? When she was on the first time she was so crazy stupid and got nothing right!

No. It's not new. I watched that episode and was (somewhat) shocked at Sandy's stupidity. She got zero questions correct. The two people in the cab won because THEY got the answers correct. 

I doubt Sandy will ever agree to be on Cash Cab again. But that episode is worth watching, if for no other reason than seeing Sandy for the dumbass she is. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
On 8/15/2020 at 6:23 PM, The Ringo Kidd said:

Sandy is shameless. 

She is frantically scrambling to cover her ass because of the audience backlash.

I guess that she never thought that Hannah could be popular.

Sandy is trash.

The notion that Hannah could be popular - or at least empathized with - seems to have been missed by many, including production.

• Love 9

My feeling was that captain Sandy did not like Hannah. She got rid of her because of this dislike. She probably has a crush on malea. I thought the cabin switch was stupid. Why was Hannah forced to move? Hanna's chief stee and has a position of power.  Malea could have moved or maybe someone else that got along with malea could have moved. Captain let her bias get in the middle of this situation.. Kate Chastain said that the neds were not really a problem. Once found they would say, oh you forgot to list them and that would be all.  Hannah was fired because the captain didn't like her because she thought she didn't have enough "Passion" as she said.

Edited by antfitz
  • Love 6
On 8/15/2020 at 9:13 PM, GreyBunny said:

Sandy is shameless, no one was saying boo about her niece, I doubt more than a few even knew she had a niece with medical problems.

I’ll just leave this here: 

8BC634FF-819A-43BC-8ECA-326B1761901A.jpeg

Who is that in the picture with her—her girlfriend? 

I am a big fan of Below deck, but this season is for me by far the worst and boring.

Way to much woman on the vessel to make it interesting to watch.

I am not sexist, but there is a big difference if a ship is managed solely by woman. 

When Malia was 3rd deck, she slept her way up to the ranks and nobody seemed to care. Now she is all complaining about somebody calling her sweetheart and straight away running and crying to the Captain. Girl, get a life. she is the biggest tyrant in the show.

All the Male bosuns so far had way more patience with the female deck hands and never went straight to the Captain like Malia.

As far as Captain Sandy. I would not work for her a second.

She is a total micromanager, handling her crew totally wrong. She mentions the word " I will fire somebody" way to often. The total stupidity is when she walks around the kitchen micromanaging the cook (a yacht cook) and overseeing his work. Captain Sandy, you are not a cook so stay the hell out of the kitchen and stop putting stress on the cook. Give the guy a break and loosen up.

Why is the captain constantly asking the guests if they liked the food? This should be done by the cook or Hannah, and NEVER by the captain.

The fact that some people have money does not mean they know the difference between good food and bad food. Some people are millionaires and only like chicken. If a guest has a problem with the food this should be communicated only to Hannah and the cook and NEVER by the captain.  

Why is captain Sandy getting into the business of Hannah? Also wrong.

The Captain should stay on the bridge and manage the ship from there in a way that he communicates with the leaders of the ship, Communication, not harassment and micromanaging them. 

Therefore Captain Sandy will never come close or gain the respect of a Captain like Captain Lee. 

Stepping in is all right, but not all the time, for no reason.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, antfitz said:

Are they bringing douche Sandy back? If they are I probably won't watch.

I’m somewhat optimistic that Sandy and Malia may get the boot after seeing that Dorinda got canned from RHNY.   I don’t think production anticipated just how poorly Dorinda would be received this season and I honestly think fans have made a bigger stink about Sandy/Malia.

Sandy doesn’t even come close to having the fan base that Dorinda does/did.   Sandy is very replaceable and bosuns are a dime a dozen (sorry Malia). 

• Love 5

It is interesting how Sandy kept saying that Hannah had drugs, drugs, drugs but what Hannah had was prescribed medication of which she took none of. 

Sandy made it seem like Hannah was some junkie, she even went to her cabin to make sure she was not flushing the drugs, like she Hannah had a kilo of coke...Hannah was not going to flush the medication that helps her panic attacks that sneak up on her, how stupid is Sandy?

How hard would it have been for Sandy to just add the meds to the list, considering it was in the pharmacy package with the doctor's name on it. Sandy just wanted Hannah off that boat.

It is very hard to look like anything but an untrustworthy snoop when you sneak thru people's things trying to get someone in trouble, how could anyone on that boat trust either one of those women?

• Love 13
49 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

It is interesting how Sandy kept saying that Hannah had drugs, drugs, drugs but what Hannah had was prescribed medication of which she took none of. 

And I think this is why Sandy, Malia and production have been getting so much blowback. People know the difference and are sick of then stigmatization of mental illness so even people, like myself, who don’t particularly like Hannah were on her side with their hypocritical bullshit.

• Love 19

I've called Sandy "The Danny" of seasons 2 - 5. Danny said all of the right things about providing the guests with an enjoyable experience, but you'll notice how much mugging and muscling he did for camera time and how important it was for him to be present when the guests were enjoying themselves. It was all about his ego and narcissism. The best example is when he got himself confined to quarters and still managed to smuggle his poem/note to one of the Tilted Kilt girls. The note framed his absence like he was being punished for caring too much about the guests' enjoyment. The note sent the entire charter into a tailspin as they tried to plead with Bryan and the captain to stop punishing Danny. Their last night was just sabotaged by Danny's narcissism.

This is Sandy to a tee. In what universe does denigrating the chef's food in front of the guests, lurking, and badgering guests with leading questions that can only lead to complaints result in the guests having an enjoyable experience? Sandy does all of this to be seen and remind people that she's in charge. Letting Jen Berman walk around in her high heels and dirtying up the interior was all about Sandy's ego. Dragging the guests back from their sunset cave cruise was all about Sandy's ego. She may think she's diligent and concerned about the guests, but she's routinely done the exact opposite of what she's said.

Edited by HunterHunted
Because Tilted Quilt would be a very different restaurant from the Tilted Kilt breastaurant
  • Love 17
16 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I've called Sandy "The Danny" of seasons 2 - 5. Danny said all of the right things about providing the guests with an enjoyable experience, but you'll notice how much mugging and muscling he did for camera time and how important it was for him to be present when the guests were enjoying themselves. It was all about his ego and narcissism. The best example is when he got himself confined to quarters and still managed to smuggle his poem/note to one of the Tilted Quilt girls. The note framed his absence like he was being punished for caring too much about the guests' enjoyment. The note sent the entire charter into a tailspin as they tried to plead with Bryan and the captain to stop punishing Danny. Their last night was just sabotaged by Danny's narcissism.

This is Sandy to a tee. In what universe does denigrating the chef's food in front of the guests, lurking, and badgering guests with leading questions that can only lead to complaints result in the guests having an enjoyable experience? Sandy does all of this to be seen and remind people that she's in charge. Letting Jen Berman walk around in her high heels and dirtying up the interior was all about Sandy's ego. Dragging the guests back from their sunset cave cruise was all about Sandy's ego. She may think she's diligent and concerned about the guests, but she's routinely done the exact opposite of what she's said.

This is a very good point that I forgot yesterday — there is just so much wrong with Sandy that it would take a book the size of War and Peace to list it all. That is definitely another irritating thing she does: Butts in to the guests’ dinner — and the guests’ time — and asks for complaints. Again — it’s just more ammunition she uses to undermine her staff, which is ultimately what did to poor Kiko. When the food gets praise, she actually acts disappointed! She hovers like a bad waiter. It’s the chief stewardess’ job to check on guests. Sandy has really one job — piloting the yacht — watching conditions to make sure things are functioning properly and on schedule. Everything else should be left up to the department heads to handle. It’s called chain of command. If Sandy feels she can’t trust her crew — well, that says more about her than it does about them.

I wanted to say yesterday, too, that I enjoyed BDM maybe more than BD, because I loved the travel porn. BDM goes to some of the most breathtaking places I’ve ever seen (and will not see in person ever, probably), both on sea and on land. But if I can’t watch for more than 10 minutes at a time (like I did with Hannah’s last episode), and I watch angry, there’s really no point. One ugly person can spoil it all — on many levels.

(One thing I’ve always wondered — did that yacht staffing service ever get sick of Sandy’s weekly calls asking for a replacement?)

Edited by RoseAllDay
Missing punctuation, other mess-ups
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

It’s the chief stewardess’ job to check on guests.

And I seem to recall both Kate and Hannah asking the guests if they were enjoying their food.

Does Sandy not understand her constant solicitation of complaints and implication that the guests are getting subpar service probably results in a lower tip?  I don't think the Captain shares the tip, does he/she, so Sandy isn't harmed in any way.  

I'd love to take the actual owner of the yacht aside and ask them if they'd EVER hire any of these idiots.  

• Love 7

If anybody needs any examples of just how miserable Sandy is as a boss and person, today’s (Monday’s) Bravo marathon is excellent. 

This is the Hannah, Conrad, Adam, Joao, Casey, Brooke, Jamie, and Colin season where:

— Sandy’s hate for Hannah came out in full force by using Casey’s lying on her CV and Hannah’s frustration over that as a means of getting under Hannah’s skin

— Hannah made the huge mistake of confiding in Sandy about her anxiety (which you could almost see Sandy filing away for future use — talk about foreshadowing)

— Sandy setting Conrad and Joao (yecch) against each other by constantly riding Conrad’s ass while obviously favoring Joao

— Sandy makes the “bollocking” of Hannah and Conrad the whole crew’s business by yelling and making a huge display of her “authority”

— And the usual just getting in the way.

And that is just what I picked up on through midmorning.

These weekly marathons of earlier seasons are really instructive by showing just how we got here with this woman. I think this was the season that this franchise really started to try my patience. The only saving grace was sweet Colin. He was just too nice for this show. 

• Love 19
11 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Umm.

This is unbelievable - does she really think this is appropriate or cute??  WTF?  Sandy is really not the superstar she thinks she is, and she really should not be live tweeting or whatever the hell she is doing here!  

7 hours ago, GreyBunny said:

I hope she was drunk because it would be even more embarrassing if she did this while sober.

Well, if Sandy was drunk, then she fell off the wagon.  She is supposedly sober for over 30 years.  It does seem like she is under the influence of something here.   

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

Sandy is definitely on something.  She is using/abusing some "substance" and is exhibiting very poor judgement.  I don't care if Malia is gay or not, it is not appropriate for anyone to out her... especially her boss.  If I owned a yacht that was to be rented out to BRAVO for Below Deck Med, I would insist that Sandy be fired and another Captain be hired by the producers.  Sandy is nuts and is a lawsuit waiting to happen.   

• Love 11
13 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Umm.

God, this is repulsive. SHE is repulsive. “Oops, this will go public, won’t it? Tee-hee.” Yes, ma’am, and here’s hoping this sinks your claims to Bravolebrity as well as your career. 

She needs to go...if that wasn’t clear two seasons ago, there’s no doubt about it now. 

• Love 9