Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E21: Green Light

• Start Topic

21 minutes ago, Unkempt said:

Harry Bring said the other day that "as far as he knew," everyone was returning.

It wouldn't necessarily mean that Garcia couldn't resign for a few episodes. Prentiss did the same early in S3.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Danielg342 said:

It would have made more sense if Reid had stabbed his leg, not just from a directorial perspective but also from a health perspective. A lot more "meat" in the leg to provide protection against a lethal stab wound.

Also your femoral artery...

Anyways, I thought it was pretty clear that Reid was trying to make it look like Shaw stabbed him, but I wasn't watching too closely to notice continuity errors.

8 minutes ago, secnarf said:

Also your femoral artery...

As far as I know the femoral artery runs along the back of your leg, not in the front of the thigh where Reid was aiming the shiv.

Well, I'd hardly classify a guy who is able to stab himself as a means to an end as weak, but that's just me.  That's pretty darn badass.

I would agree. Which is why I would say that the prison arc should have maybe been one episode or two at most so it really becomes a story of Reid triumphing over Shaw, instead of one episode of brilliance and four where Reid does nothing except getting beaten.

Maybe...it took awhile for Reid to get his nerve up? Because he knew he was in extreme danger and running out of time? He's a man who didn't even carry a gun for a long time. He finally came to the conclusion that he had no choice. 

As far as I know the femoral artery runs along the back of your leg, not in the front of the thigh where Reid was aiming the shiv.

It also runs along the inner thigh. Reid chose the arm because the worst that could happen is nerve damage. You nick the femoral artery and you can bleed out in minutes.

16 hours ago, normasm said:

I've looked at the scene bit by bit. He has he shiv in one hand, stands up and grabs Shaw's right hand with his other, brings the shiv down to his leg and puts the shiv in Shaw's hand and stabs his left arm. It all happens so quickly and he actually accomplished leaving the shiv in Shaw's hand, so it looks like Shaw did it. the next scene has him limping on his right leg, the one they show stabbed , not his left leg, which we all know is the one he messed up years ago. He also has a bandage on the left arm. It was fairly well done, except the blood was too much to be realistic so quickly.

I knew there was something in that scene that didn't fit, and now I know what it is!!

Thank you!!

Now that I've mentioned it, I find the look on Reid's face when he looks at Shaw after the stabbing quite chilling!! It frightened me a little , I never thought I could be afraid of Reid, but for a moment...

• Love 3
1 hour ago, senin said:

I knew there was something in that scene that didn't fit, and now I know what it is!!

Thank you!!

Now that I've mentioned it, I find the look on Reid's face when he looks at Shaw after the stabbing quite chilling!! It frightened me a little , I never thought I could be afraid of Reid, but for a moment...

I want to see that look. I would not be afraid of that man. 

17 hours ago, Danielg342 said:

I would agree. Which is why I would say that the prison arc should have maybe been one episode or two at most so it really becomes a story of Reid triumphing over Shaw, instead of one episode of brilliance and four where Reid does nothing except getting beaten.

It would have made more sense if Reid had stabbed his leg, not just from a directorial perspective but also from a health perspective. A lot more "meat" in the leg to provide protection against a lethal stab wound.

In fairness, that was a dream sequence. So I let that go.

As much as I know a lot of us didn't want this arc dragged out for so long; I think that was the point.  From a writing standpoint, they probably wanted the viewer to agonize over waiting for something to happen the way Reid and the team probably were.  I'm also not sure they could've had Reid triumph over Shaw within one or two episodes and have it feel as satisfying as it did in this episode.

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, R3volver said:

As much as I know a lot of us didn't want this arc dragged out for so long; I think that was the point.  From a writing standpoint, they probably wanted the viewer to agonize over waiting for something to happen the way Reid and the team probably were.  I'm also not sure they could've had Reid triumph over Shaw within one or two episodes and have it feel as satisfying as it did in this episode.

I agree that the length of time Reid was in prison was meant to contribute to the sense of triumph over his release.  It worked.  But what didn't contribute was the portrayal of it taking the team only a couple of days to accomplish his release, once they decided to actually work on it.  I wish they had shown the team---at least a few of them----working steadily on Reid's case, meeting frustrations along the way, until the breakthrough with Lyndsey Vaughn (which was handed to them, by Lyndsey and Cat).  The sense of triumph would have been heightened and we wouldn't all have spent so much time yelling at our TVs.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, JMO said:

But what didn't contribute was the portrayal of it taking the team only a couple of days to accomplish his release, once they decided to actually work on it.

I agree. I also would have liked Reid to have been more proactive and seeing his choices fail instead of just a constant stream of bad things happening to him.

Luis should have been a bigger character, where we see him actually bonding with Reid, perhaps with both of them trying to figure out what Shaw is up to. Then the pain of losing Luis would have had more impact.

I screencapped that scene frame by frame (seriously, what kind of moron screencaps EACH frame of a twenty five second scene?) but I'm not sure which of them is to be considered the scary look.

IMO, I suppose it could be this one. He's smirking, he's scary looking and yet he's also still a little scared looking. Like, eff you Calvin and if I haven't injured myself too badly, I should be headed to solitary any minute now....

Screen Shot 2017-05-05 at 2.41.08 PM copy.jpg

• Love 7
50 minutes ago, ReidFan said:

I screencapped that scene frame by frame (seriously, what kind of moron screencaps EACH frame of a twenty five second scene?) but I'm not sure which of them is to be considered the scary look.

IMO, I suppose it could be this one. He's smirking, he's scary looking and yet he's also still a little scared looking. Like, eff you Calvin and if I haven't injured myself too badly, I should be headed to solitary any minute now....

I though he glared or looked evil. Still attractive. This new Spencer is clearly VERY attractive. 

He looks about the same way I did when I got out of final exams. 

10 hours ago, ReidFan said:

I went through that scene again yesterday and saw a few things I had missed or gotten wrong, but it's basically Reid pulling Shaw's hand down to stab his thigh, then Reid quickly stabbing his arm and letting go of the shiv. Shaw reacts so beautifully, completely shocked, and Reid looks up at him after grimacing in pain with that smile on his face. For one thing, he knows all the guards know that Calvin has it out for him, and so would believe he would hurt Spencer (although I'm sure he wouldn't have been so upfront about it, and he wouldn't have done it himself). Brilliant.

• Love 6

Yes, that was the look I meant. I'm not sure that scary or frightening are the exact words for the feeling it produces in me. But it does make me feel... uneasy, unsettled... It's like it doesn't belong on him. 

Scary looking/scared looking...brilliant way to express it Reidfan!!

• Love 4

To me, it's frightening because of what it reflects going on inside of Reid.  He's bested his enemy by becoming like him.  Makes me shiver.  

• Love 8
(edited)

I am also nervous about how this whole thing changes Reid's character. But I think he finally snapped after his mother was abducted and who can blame him. He had to do something about it.

Edited by ReidGirl
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, JMO said:

To me, it's frightening because of what it reflects going on inside of Reid.  He's bested his enemy by becoming like him.  Makes me shiver.  

Exactly!  So then it sort of flies in the face of Spencer telling Calvin earlier that he was going to survive playing by the rules -- and now look.

So much fodder to explore in the future.  I hope the writers are up to it.

• Love 4

Off Topic: I'm trying really hard not to go near the "spoilers" thread, I don't want too much information before I see "Red Light". Couple of days now!!

• Love 1
(edited)
25 minutes ago, senin said:

Off Topic: I'm trying really hard not to go near the "spoilers" thread, I don't want too much information before I see "Red Light". Couple of days now!!

I am with you senin. Couple of days for me too. I am staying away from both spoilers and Red Light episode thread. It is proving to be hard though ;)

This is my first CM live season so my excitement knows no bounds.

Edited by ReidGirl
  • Love 1

Yeah, me too. I'm avoiding all the spoiler threads, put "sneak peek" on my Tumblr blacklist and only go through my tags with covered eyes. Oh, and no Twitter for me.

Not sure I can stay strong. I want to be surprised (as much as it's still possible) but at the same time I'm afraid how they will surprise me ....

18 more hours.

Thanks for asking ReidGirl, and JMO for your answer!! 

I'll watch it today too, and this time I've been able to stay away from the "dangerous" threads, I'm so proud of myself!!

• Love 3

How can they allow the promos to be soooo revealing??!!

I understand that they are meant to get us interested in watching (as if we needed it!) but... to spoil the last sequence of the season??!! I just don't understand it!

• Love 2
(edited)
22 minutes ago, senin said:

How can they allow the promos to be soooo revealing??!!

I understand that they are meant to get us interested in watching (as if we needed it!) but... to spoil the last sequence of the season??!! I just don't understand it!

I've had to be very careful to avoid the promos and people talking about them so to not ruin the show for me. It was really hard in the Red Light thread before the moderator split off the promo posts into a speculation thread. I don't mind getting my interest up, but not to the point that it gives everything away. I like being surprised by the actual show when it airs.

Edited by Complexity
  • Love 2

In fact I have to say that I started reading the episode thread, reading very quickly, so I'd be able to stop before something was a real spoiler. And someone said "how can they show this much in a sneak peek". I'd never be grateful enough to that person, (I don't remember who it was) because it really helped me to stay away, until I watched the episode. 

• Love 2

For the same reason I have not even watched the promo yet. Only 2 hours to go and I would be watching the episode. Just came back from work and can hardly contain my excitement. 

• Love 1