Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E15: Deceptive Little Parasite

When it is discovered that the flaming sword is the only hope for the family returning home safely, the pressure is on for Lucifer to control what he has never been able to control before – his emotions – in order to ignite it. Meanwhile, Chloe wants to air some emotions of her own, but when a therapist and head of admissions at a prestigious private school turns up dead, the team must get to the bottom of it.

(edited)

So many great one liners and the facial expressions on everyone are priceless!  This is one of the few shows I watch live and then rewatch on my PVR almost immediately again.  There are so many little things to catch, and it's hard to catch some of them when I'm laughing.  Wonderful seeing Trixie again. 

As the episode has aired, I'm guessing it's okay to say I like how Lucifer's marriage is wrapped up.  He doesn't lie, so he really was married.

Edited by Shades of Red
Had to finish a sentence after hitting enter too soon.
  • Love 10

I liked the moment between Lucifer and Amenadiel who had been so very jealous up until that point.  He finally got a glimpse of his brother's pain.

As for mom... we also got a glimpse as to why she's in such a hurry.

And any episode with Trixie rocks.  LOL Trixie Morningstar.  And one of the best lines, as he's tossing Trixie the car keys, "A deal's a deal."  

• Love 16

Lucifer and Trixie! My curses have been answered! So.Good. Mooooare! 

Chloe and Maze was a RIOT. Love their uneasy friendship, too.

I really love how Chloe is showed to be a good mother, and how she includes Dan in the parenting. It rings true, like the relationship between Amenadiel and Lucifer. Brothers who are jealous of one other but have an insight and understanding of each other that no one else can have.

I found the resolution of the case both sad and hilarious.

Lucifer killed me with his emotions.

Master plan, Mom and time...Let's see where it goes.

• Love 6

I also loved how the school was so eager to have Trixie when they thought she had two moms.  Chloe and Maze!  Hilarious.  "Don't do that again".

• Love 5

Well, this episode already gets an A for including Trixie. I loved all her interactions. Her slightly aggrieved "Do you want to sell this or not?" when Lucifer asked if they had to hold hands during the tour was priceless. I also like that when Trixie did open up, Lucifer comforted her ("It's the price of being clever"), but then immediately related Trixie's "juvenile angst" to his own situation and how it could help. Being self-involved is one of Lucifer's signature traits, but the show has allowed the character to evolve without sacrificing that aspect of his personality. 

So, I'm guessing Mom's human body can't contain her increasing power? Hmm. When exactly did this start? It seems to have been pretty recent. 

So, apparently, Amenadiel doesn't have his powers back yet he can disappear before Chloe's eyes? I'm not sure I understand. I did like that this episode explored Amenadiel and Lucifer's relationship a little more. His little eye roll when Charlotte lovingly told Lucifer he was the only one who could ignite the sword because he's the Lightbringer was great. I also loved that at the end of the episode, Amenadiel saw that Lucifer might be able to light the sword, but it comes at a tremendous cost and he dutifully stepped in when Charlotte wanted to push a clearly weakened/shaken Lucifer further. Also interesting to note that afterward he didn't let his mother touch him, but he did let Amenadiel. I wonder if Lucifer just presumes God will accept Amenadiel back or if he doesn't plan to actually take him back to heaven. Presumably shutting mom in Heaven would start a celestial war. Is Lucifer unconcerned about the repercussions? Even if he doesn't care about Amenadiel (which he definitely does), it seems a little naive to think such matters wouldn't bleed over into the Earthly realm. Anyway, while I always think there will be a rivalry between the two, it's nice to see that Amendadiel and Lucifer have each other's backs.

So, it appears fairly definitive now that Uriel was saying "piece not "peace." Obviously, Lucifer can't fully control the blade because a piece is missing. What and where that piece is though remains to be seen. The obvious answer is that it's a piece of the blade, but the writers could go a more unexpected direction. 

I think it was wise for the writers to let off the gas pedal with regards to Chloe/Lucifer in this episode. Yes, there were still snippets, but they were far from overwhelming. For instance, they could have easily had it be Lucifer, instead of Maze, going with Chloe to the school grief memorial. Instead, we got Maze kissing a slightly mortified, but going with the flow Chloe (and then slapping her ass!).  I might be reading too much into it, but something I like about that ass-slap is that in 2x12 when Maze told Chloe she should loosen up, Chloe did the exact same thing to Lucifer. I don't know, her interactions with Lucifer seem funnier in hindsight if you imagine Chloe acting that specific way because she was trying to mimic Maze.

I don't talk about her a lot, but Ella really is just a delight. She fits into the show so seamlessly and I love her individual relationship with each character. Plus, the actress is simply brilliant. I love her background facial expressions. Part of me still thinks there might be some sort of reveal, but I'm just enjoying her character for now.  

• Love 9

On a totally shallow note - Tom Ellis has gorgeous eyes.  From an acting standpoint, his eyes are very expressive.  The last few minutes when he's in pain, show so much with so little words.  He has several little moments, when he doesn't need to say anything, but his eyes say it all. 

Little continuity problem tonight on rewatch I didn't catch the first time around.  When Maz and Chloe were at the bereavement thing standing together, Chloe was holding Maz's hand in scenes from one angle, but not holding hands in the other view.  Holding hands is relative, she was holding Maz's fingers in a very comfortable and casual manner.   It happens when they are checking out the other couples and commenting on them.

You get a hint that something is off when dear old Mom as she is constantly touching her bracelets on that particular wrist.  Another thing I caught on my rewatches.  It's no wonder I watch this several times as I keep seeing things I've missed.

• Love 4
(edited)
8 hours ago, DEL901 said:

I also loved how the school was so eager to have Trixie when they thought she had two moms.  Chloe and Maze!  Hilarious.  "Don't do that again".

As did I. I'm a bit bummed now. Who will teach Trixie to cut with words before Maze teaches her the knives?

Was anyone else hoping to see both Mum and Amenadude with the feelings book at some point?

Edited by Rosiejuliemom
  • Love 3

There was  A LOT to love in this episode.

But I think my favorite moment was in the beginning, where Lucifer was about to be inappropriate (as usual) and it was Dan who shushed him up with just a finger point.

I like how it shows that all these characters, not just Chloe, have come to know Lucifer.

After that just pick something with Trixie and it's gold.

Also Maze and Chloe?  I'd ship it.

• Love 11

I saw a promo with Lucifer and the Deceptive Little Parasite in the car on both the shows and Tom Ellis' Instagram today and I tried not to think about too much because  I didn't want to over hype it in my head and be disappointed.  There was zero disappointment. They were gold. Absolute gold. And were Chloe and Maze.

I loved the ongoing  weird names. The kid that was denied was Wolf and the kid with the boogers was Ranger. The topic of private  schools has been  done on a lot of crime of the week procedurals but they made it feel fresh. 

I noticed Mom playing with her wrists this episode.  I guess she's  burning out/up her body? Tom Ellis does  a great pain face, even with this being one of the episodes  they really packed the eyeliner on him. 

Going to  definitely rewatch tomorrow and process more opinions.  There were a lot of good one liners/exchanges.

• Love 1

Lucifer and Trixie going undercover alone would be enough to make this episode a win, but adding Chloe and Maze pretending to be a couple to fit in with a bunch of snooty parents made it an all-time classic!  Loved seeing the interactions of those two pairs.  Obviously, "deceptive little parasite" might be a bit much, but Trixie is one crafty little girl, and I like how Lucifer seems to be warming up to her in his own way.  Not saying he should be getting babysitting duties anytime soon (especially since he was going to let her drive the car!), but I hope we get more of them in the future.

Oh, Maze.  The beginning bit with the headphones was wrong, but so hilarious.  But I do like that she really seems to be trying at being a better friend to Chloe.  She's not perfect, but for someone who was initially a demon from Hell, she's not too bad!

The case was fun (that elementary school looked better then some colleges), but I did peg the "emotion counselor," since I've seen the actress in a few other things (mainly Shauna from Parks and Recreations.)  But the conclusion was hilarious, with Maze tackling her out of nowhere and that dumb "wellness" teacher being all "Wait, I have a child?!" about it.

Linda convinces Lucifer to embrace the pain he feels over what Charlotte and "Dad" did to him, and that briefly sets the dagger on fire.  But it looks like something is happening to Charlotte, and that's why she is being so pushy?

Dan finger-shushing Lucifer was a great small moment.  And I'm apparently still 12, because Amenadiel trying to use the dagger, but looking like he was masterbating from behind, still made me laugh. 

While there was a lot of fun and games here, Tom Ellis really did do a great job at showing Lucifer's pain in those brief few moments.  He really is a perfect fit in this role.  As is pretty much everyone else.

Next week could be huge!

• Love 10

Trixie!!! As usual she and Lucifer were great together. I love how she's not only happy to go with his scheme but she adds to it herself. The handholding was hilarious.

1 hour ago, storyskip said:

Also Maze and Chloe?  I'd ship it.

I usually ship Maze and Dr Linda but I loved Maze and Chloe together this episode. It's a testament to Maze's growth that she's willing to turn up to support Chloe like that. I too was expecting Lucifer to show up but it was even better that Maze was ready to mommy up to help Chloe score points. That's real friendship, well that and her willingness to teach Trixie to use knives to cut after the vipers show her to use words. 

I'm usually hit and miss with Charlotte but I really enjoyed her in the scene at the start where they get the dagger/sword and they're trying to make it flame. The three of them really felt like family, especially Lucifer and Amenadiel's bickering.

Also, I've said it before and I'll say it again,  I'm so impressed with this shows ability to pack so much range into an episode. The way they skip between the lighthearted scenes to scenes with real emotion like the therapy scene without making the tonal shift seem jarring or forced is really kind of amazing. Kudos to all involved in making that happen.

• Love 7

Guh, I love this show apart from Mum. I just don't care what her seemingly ever-changing plots and plans are. The Heavenly Host could begin war on LUX officially and I'd still want her gone.

• Love 4

I just have one question. Is Lauren German pregnant is real life. I could not believe how many coats she had or how she was covering her belly. It was crazy distracting.

• Love 2

Minor point, but interesting. Chloe mentions that Lucifer had his marriage to Candy annulled. An annulment is different from a divorce in that an annulment means that the marriage is considered never to have happened. Of course, Lucifer refers to him and Chloe as fellow divorcees, so maybe this was just a word choice.

• Love 2

I'm guessing it was annulled if she bothered to use that word, but he chose to say divorcees since there isn't a noun that means "anullee" (I don't think) and he wanted to make the joke about them being formerly marrieds.

• Love 3

Trixie is just the cutest kid in the entire world. She's smart and funny, but not overly precocious, like a lot of TV kids. "Trixie Morningstar!" Her and Lucifer are such a weirdly adorable combination, and I REALLY want a scene where Lucifer teaches Trixie how to drive, when she's a little bit older. I think she appreciates that he basically treats her like a small grown up, and he can appreciate her hustle. Such cuteness cannot be denied.

Amenadiel being jealous of Lucifer and then supporting him when he saw what being the Light Bringer was costing his brother were nice character beats, and I loved that he stood up for Lucifer when mom was trying to get him to try harder to light the sword. And then Lucifer lets him put his hand on his shoulder, but not mom. Those two have come such a long way since the pilot. They clearly still have issues, but they really do love and support each other. Looks like mom is in trouble, and her body cant contain her divine form for this long. No wonder she is pressuring Lucifer to go hard on that flaming sword.

Maze and Chloe really are a super fun duo, Maze lets Chloe loosen up and Chloe lets Maze show a slightly softer side (well, soft as a demonic bounty hunter can get) and I loved their couple act at the sad get together! The way the check in ladies face light up when Maze showed up was hilarious. You could tell she was like "a photogenic interracial lesbian couple with an adorable daughter? SCORE!" I liked the case this week, and it had a funny and yet rather sad ending. I know lots of shows like this have done stuff with crazy private schools, but I liked this ones take on it.

I just love how Doctor Linda just goes with everything now, and how much really good advice she gives Lucifer, no matter how much he doesn't want to hear it. She can say stuff like "but wont God kill her when you throw her in the gates of Heaven?" totally without drama, and then gets right from that to giving him advice on his emotional state. Seriously, she better get AMAZING reviews online.

• Love 7

The character interactions on this show are awesome.  Lucifer and Trixie, Chloe and Maze, the two brothers...even 'Mum' was fun and she is probably my least favorite character.  Dan wasn't featured too much, but he did well with what he had, and i continue to enjoy him as well.

Love the episode title quote...Lucifer and Trixie are hilarious together. 

I do wonder what is up with Mum...light leaking out from a hole in your wrist cannot be good, lol

• Love 2

I'm not sure why Mom's divinity leaking out of her current body means that she has to get to Heaven (or the Silver City) in a hurry. After all, we saw her go through a number of bodies before settling on Charlotte, so she only needs to find another person who just died to carry on. And she surely isn't going to be in Charlotte's body when she assaults Heaven's Gate. I'm wondering if her time away from Hell has an expiration date.

• Love 3

I don't know where they're going with this, but my impression was they might mean no body can contain her as she gains strength? So a body jump might buy her a little time, but she might go through them pretty quickly moving forward. That said, the tiny little band-aid holding in the glowey-whatever-energy was kind of hilarious. 

• Love 12

Maybe she's grown overly attached to being Charlotte over the past year or whatever? She took on that form when she returned to Hell, while the host body was left behind in the hospital. It wouldn't have had any special significance to Lucifer, he'd clearly been familiar with however she manifested down there previously.

Of course I'm not clear on what storming the gates of Heaven actually entails for her. Does she immediately regain the power she was stripped of once she returns? Is she capable of taking actions that God can't foresee, and turning the tables on him?

• Love 1

Awesome episode.  Lucifer and Trixie interact well together (and you know Lucifer is giving her the driving lessons when Chloe isn't around. His word is his bond), and Trixie's "do you want to sell this or not?" Her grandmother is Penelope Decker.

Dan, Linda and Ella didn't have as much to do in this one, but they were still good with what they did. When they mention Trixie Morningstar's father brought her to the school and Dan's knowing, "I'm pretty sure he didn't."  Linda just kind of rolls with things now and I'm really curious what kind of darkness is in Ella's head.

I don't know why, but Maze hanging off Chloe and playing with her ass is just endlessly hilarious to me, along with Chloe's resigned "don't do that again" knowing full well Maze isn't going to listen to her.  And the look in the eye of the school woman with the prospect of the "Photogenic interracial lesbian couple" was awesome.

I also loved Amenadiel's eyerolls as Charlotte told Lucifer how special he is.  Honestly, DB Woodside just reacting in the background would be awesome all by itself.  I'm guessing Charlotte is burning out her body and needs to get off of earth ASAP and if she doesn't get back to Heaven then she'll be pulled back down to Hell.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Good Queen Jane said:

Minor point, but interesting. Chloe mentions that Lucifer had his marriage to Candy annulled. An annulment is different from a divorce in that an annulment means that the marriage is considered never to have happened. Of course, Lucifer refers to him and Chloe as fellow divorcees, so maybe this was just a word choice

For what it's worth among  Filipinos, the last place on earth without divorce (unless you're Muslim) those who have gotten a state annulment tend to call their status divorced. Without the annulment seperated.

20 hours ago, Inquiry said:

Her slightly aggrieved "Do you want to sell this or not?" when Lucifer asked if they had to hold hands during the tour was priceless.

Followed by Lucifer finding an excuse to drop her hand almost immediately thereafter as he started gesticulating to the tour guide, and oh-so-subtly wiping his hand on his shirt, as though to remove the small girl cooties, in the midst of said gesticulation. It's the little details in this show that just slay me.

That said, I admit to turning back and forth between this and Jane the Virgin, and I missed the beginning of the flaming sword scene at the end. I got that Lucifer wasn't able to maintain the flame, but what finally made him able to cause it in the first place?

• Love 2
(edited)
28 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

That said, I admit to turning back and forth between this and Jane the Virgin, and I missed the beginning of the flaming sword scene at the end. I got that Lucifer wasn't able to maintain the flame, but what finally made him able to cause it in the first place?

Linda told him it probably wasn't  all about  anger, but feeling the over all pain of the situation  from  his fall to the Chloe manipulation.  So he was letting himself embrace the hurt which ignited it, until  he couldn't take it anymore and stopped. Linda better be getting  truckloads of cash from him.

Upon rewatch Dan's  reply of "thank God for that" upon Chloe saying Trixie isn't  too much of an adult because  she has chocolate  cake under her bed stood out and amused me. On any other  show  that's such a throwaway. But not here. Especially  coming from the guy who unknowingly  slept with God's  ex!

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 7
13 hours ago, Good Queen Jane said:

Minor point, but interesting. Chloe mentions that Lucifer had his marriage to Candy annulled. An annulment is different from a divorce in that an annulment means that the marriage is considered never to have happened. Of course, Lucifer refers to him and Chloe as fellow divorcees, so maybe this was just a word choice.

The usual grounds for annulment is that the marriage was not consummated.

On 2017-05-08 at 9:38 PM, Inquiry said:

Well, this episode already gets an A for including Trixie. I loved all her interactions. Her slightly aggrieved "Do you want to sell this or not?" when Lucifer asked if they had to hold hands during the tour was priceless. I also like that when Trixie did open up, Lucifer comforted her ("It's the price of being clever"), but then immediately related Trixie's "juvenile angst" to his own situation and how it could help. Being self-involved is one of Lucifer's signature traits, but the show has allowed the character to evolve without sacrificing that aspect of his personality. 

So, I'm guessing Mom's human body can't contain her increasing power? Hmm. When exactly did this start? It seems to have been pretty recent. 

So, apparently, Amenadiel doesn't have his powers back yet he can disappear before Chloe's eyes? I'm not sure I understand. I did like that this episode explored Amenadiel and Lucifer's relationship a little more. His little eye roll when Charlotte lovingly told Lucifer he was the only one who could ignite the sword because he's the Lightbringer was great. I also loved that at the end of the episode, Amenadiel saw that Lucifer might be able to light the sword, but it comes at a tremendous cost and he dutifully stepped in when Charlotte wanted to push a clearly weakened/shaken Lucifer further. Also interesting to note that afterward he didn't let his mother touch him, but he did let Amenadiel. I wonder if Lucifer just presumes God will accept Amenadiel back or if he doesn't plan to actually take him back to heaven. Presumably shutting mom in Heaven would start a celestial war. Is Lucifer unconcerned about the repercussions? Even if he doesn't care about Amenadiel (which he definitely does), it seems a little naive to think such matters wouldn't bleed over into the Earthly realm. Anyway, while I always think there will be a rivalry between the two, it's nice to see that Amendadiel and Lucifer have each other's backs.

So, it appears fairly definitive now that Uriel was saying "piece not "peace." Obviously, Lucifer can't fully control the blade because a piece is missing. What and where that piece is though remains to be seen. The obvious answer is that it's a piece of the blade, but the writers could go a more unexpected direction. 

I think it was wise for the writers to let off the gas pedal with regards to Chloe/Lucifer in this episode. Yes, there were still snippets, but they were far from overwhelming. For instance, they could have easily had it be Lucifer, instead of Maze, going with Chloe to the school grief memorial. Instead, we got Maze kissing a slightly mortified, but going with the flow Chloe (and then slapping her ass!).  I might be reading too much into it, but something I like about that ass-slap is that in 2x12 when Maze told Chloe she should loosen up, Chloe did the exact same thing to Lucifer. I don't know, her interactions with Lucifer seem funnier in hindsight if you imagine Chloe acting that specific way because she was trying to mimic Maze.

I don't talk about her a lot, but Ella really is just a delight. She fits into the show so seamlessly and I love her individual relationship with each character. Plus, the actress is simply brilliant. I love her background facial expressions. Part of me still thinks there might be some sort of reveal, but I'm just enjoying her character for now.  

"So, it appears fairly definitive now that Uriel was saying "piece not "peace." Obviously, Lucifer can't fully control the blade because a piece is missing. What and where that piece is though remains to be seen. The obvious answer is that it's a piece of the blade, but the writers could go a more unexpected direction. "

I am guessing the "piece/peace" is Chloe.

Most of what I wanted to say has been covered, so I won't repeat, but this show is simply one of the best.

Its seriously funny, while still maintaining a serious undertone.  Things like Lucifer walking in and seeing Amendiel 'wanking' with the flaming sword was just so juvenile of a thing to get a chuckle from the audience, but I couldn't help but laugh all the same.  Same with Maze's butt slap on Chloe and her "don't do that again!".  And the fancy-named-PE-teacher guy with his goofy "Wait.  I have a kid??  ....  Awesome!", complete with big airheaded smile.

Trixie is great, but throw in some bonding time with Lucifer?  Insta-win.  Trixie Morningstar, indeed.  lol

• Love 1
(edited)

How old is Trixie supposed to be? The other characters treat her like a person (a child, sure, but still a person) but Chloe treats her like a toddler or younger. One day I fully expect her to start saying "kootchie koo" to her.  It's SERIOUSLY annoying me.  (I realize it's blasphemy, but I don't particularly care about Trixie, especially her ability to turn her otherwise competent mother's brain into mush.)

Edited by janeta
  • Love 1

I'm reading that the acress playing Maze is pregnant. How will they adress it in the plot? Probably by hiding it...or could they go with devil/angel baby?

I liked this episode. I would never have my child go to that kind of school. My husband agreed.

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, Snow Fairy said:

I'm reading that the acress playing Maze is pregnant. How will they adress it in the plot? Probably by hiding it...or could they go with devil/angel baby?

I liked this episode. I would never have my child go to that kind of school. My husband agreed.

It appears they're hiding it.  I noticed the camera shots you had Maze behind a counter, or shot in tight on her face or from behind.  Then when she took out the "perp" it was a blur of motion and then suddenly Maze standing off to the side, instead of the more acrobatic action shots we've seen in the past.

4 stand alone episodes does not allow for a demon/angel baby storyline and I believe the actress should have time to have her baby and return to shoot being they get too deep into season 3, particularly if they already have some season 3 episodes in the can from the reshuffle. 

• Love 2

Did anyone else notice in that first scene in Chloe's kitchen that there's a child's crayon drawing of the Devil?  I lost it right there, and was amused for the rest of the episode.  I'm so glad we're getting close to a possible end of Mom's story, but Charlotte did entertain me a lot this episode-- including kicking Luci's ass in the "car park."  The follow-up to that, Luci chiding Amenadude for omitting the detail that Mom could lift a house got another big laugh.

The Chloe/Maze bits were charming, no more so than when Maze leaned in for a kiss and Chloe could not EVEN get there.  Then the tackling of the killer-- great Maze moments.  

Dr. Linda can do no wrong.  Her occasional barrage of questions (really, a gate?  pearly?  etc) is so helpful to me, because I would be a total pain in the butt with my questions.  Having someone ask those questions, even without any answers, provides a nice note of reality amid the supernatural.  And even though she knows the celestial bits, her advice remains excellent.  The actress just kills it.

• Love 6

For me bringing Linda in on the truth has been unquestionably the best development of the season so far. Which is extra wonderful because when the show announced they were bringing on two new female regulars it was Linda I worried would get short changed as a result. 

• Love 14

Trixie! I love episodes that include that little sh... sugar plum fairy (lol) more than the episodes that don't, but I appreciate that the writer's aren't including her if it doesn't fit with the story. I just wish Trixie fit with the story more often. She's an adorable little girl, and a really good actor. Her interactions with Lucifer were awesome, and Lucifer's reactions to being forced to interact with her were hilarious. Little human girl cooties everywhere! I was telling my daughter, who isn't a regular watcher, about Trixie getting Lucifer to give her chocolate cake in a previous episode, and moments later Chloe mentions to Dan that Trixie still hides chocolate cake under her bed. It's those little things, that could be throw aways, that make me love this show even more.

Maze and Chloe has to be one of my favorite pairings on the show ever. It showed a bit of a different side to Chloe. I kept waiting for her to get all uptight and tell Maze to knock it off, but she went with it. Maze remains one of my favorites... "and then I'll teach her the knives." Ha!  

Actually, I love this whole cast. Every single character brings something important to the show. Except...

I am ready for Mom's storyline to be finished. She's my least favorite part of every episode.  

• Love 6
On 5/10/2017 at 6:35 PM, Gigi43 said:

For me bringing Linda in on the truth has been unquestionably the best development of the season so far. Which is extra wonderful because when the show announced they were bringing on two new female regulars it was Linda I worried would get short changed as a result. 

This to the power of a 1000.  One of the best parts of "A Good Day to Die" was Amenadiel, Mom, Lucifer and Maze having their celestial pow-wow about getting to Hell and then cutting over to Linda to get her input.

• Love 6
On 5/10/2017 at 7:35 PM, Gigi43 said:

I agree.  I think Rachel Harris is playing the part so well.  She could go so over the top as THE.DEVIL'S.THERAPIST.  But she doesn't, she has a patient that happens to be The Devil.  (I don't think I'd miss Ella though, and I wouldn't mind if they wrapped up Mother's storyline so we'd see her a bit less either.)

12 hours ago, ReadingZombie said:

Trixie! I love episodes that include that little sh... sugar plum fairy (lol) more than the episodes that don't, but I appreciate that the writer's aren't including her if it doesn't fit with the story. I just wish Trixie fit with the story more often. She's an adorable little girl, and a really good actor. Her interactions with Lucifer were awesome, and Lucifer's reactions to being forced to interact with her were hilarious.

<snip>

I am ready for Mom's storyline to be finished. She's my least favorite part of every episode.  

I like Trixie as well.  I'm calling it now (I'll be wrong): Trixie will be able to bring the sword to full flame.  She's the product of a being with God's Blessing.  There has to be something that rides along with that.

I'd typed out my comment above (about Mother) before fully reading your comment, so: SNAP!

• Love 1
(edited)
On 5/10/2017 at 5:35 PM, Snow Fairy said:

I would never have my child go to that kind of school.

Chloe was apparently considering it because of Trixie's anxieties about her mom's job and her near death.  It seems to me that some therapy sessions would be more appropriate and actually a very good idea. Wouldn't/shouldn't the police department offer free help for the children of police officers who have nearly died on the job?  They must provide mental health benefits.

I'm not going to suggest Dr. Linda because she is not a child psychologist, plus her knowing what Chloe was really dealing with with regard to supernatural involvement would mean that she might have to outright lie to Trixie concerning the dangers that Chloe might be exposed to as long as she is involved with Lucifer.

On 5/10/2017 at 2:32 AM, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

And the fancy-named-PE-teacher guy with his goofy "Wait.  I have a kid??  ....  Awesome!", complete with big airheaded smile.

He might be getting a lot more time with that kid now that mom's going to jail, if her husband doesn't want to care for a child whom he previously thought was biologically his, which predicted behavior was the impetus for the episode's murder.

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse

Unless something more is done with Ella in this short arc, at least we'll have "what's next for Ella?" to ponder in the off season. 

Surely some of the things she's said are leading us somewhere?

2 hours ago, enoughcats said:

Surely some of the things she's said are leading us somewhere?

Not necessarily.  Remember she said that bit about having darkness in her to, you know, The Devil.

• Love 1

I swear I heard the term "wellness and motion mentor" somewhere else on television in the past week.  Is this a new thing in real life? Like using "custodian" instead of "janitor" became a thing in the 80's?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Cowgirl said:

I swear I heard the term "wellness and motion mentor" somewhere else on television in the past week.  Is this a new thing in real life? Like using "custodian" instead of "janitor" became a thing in the 80's?

I don't about about that as a specific thing, but there's definitely been a trend to formalize and "technicalize" job titles in recent years.  Secretaries are "administrative assistants."  Garbage men are "sanitation engineers."  Baggers/bagboys in the grocery store are "courtesy clerks."  Like that.  I'm cool with it, overall since it helps us value people doing the shittier job in our society.  Plus given how squishy/PC that school was, of course the P.E. teacher would be a "wellness and motion mentor."

• Love 2
(edited)
On 5/9/2017 at 9:29 AM, Good Queen Jane said:

I missed that part about Lucy fake wife 

Traxie and Lucy should have there own series of kids books and comics.  

You notice the only adult on this show.   Who NOT had sex yet is Chloe? 

Edited by White Sheep
2 minutes ago, White Sheep said:

I missed that part about Lucy fake wife 

Traxie and Lucy should have there own series of kids books and comics.  

You notice the only adult on this show.   Who NOT had sex yet is Chloe? 

I don't think Ella has done it with anyone yet, either.  And to be fair, Chloe has had sex once that we know of, as witness the existence of Trixie.

About annulments:  supposedly because a marriage wasn't consummated.  But there has been at least one Roman Catholic annulment in a prominent Massachusetts family with at least three children grown up and flourishing from the non-consummation.

And then there was the old  two teenagers in love eloped while in college and were gone a couple of weeks and the girls' rich family had the marriage annulled. ( Happened to the son of a family friend of ours.)