Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E20: Underneath

• Start Topic

520 (Underneath) - Oliver Queen’s voiceover intro:
Oliver (voiceover): "My name is Oliver Queen. After five years in hell, I returned home with only one goal - to save my city. Today I fight that war on two fronts: By day, I lead Star City as its mayor. But by night, I am someone else. I am something else. I am the Green Arrow."

520 (Underneath) – In the aftermath of the EMP explosion, Oliver & Felicity awake in a darkened Arrow Bunker, and Felicity discovers that she can't walk:
Oliver (recovering consciousness and gets to his feet): "Felicity? (Sees her on the floor) Felicity! Hey."
Felicity: "Chase! He's here."
Oliver (picking up a gun): "Don't move!"
Felicity: "That's not gonna be a problem."
(Oliver scouts all around the bunker with the gun cocked and ready to shoot.)
Oliver: "Alright. If Chase is here, he's not on this level. It - it felt like an explosion, but there's minimal damage."
Felicity: "It was an EMP. A burst of electro-magnetic radiation. Everything in the bunker with an electric circuit has been fried."
Oliver: "How do you know?"
Felicity: "Because the spinal implant that helps me walk isn't working. I can't feel my legs."
EZCrh8tU4AEFalD?format=jpg

EZCri3oU0AAryB3?format=jpg

520 (Underneath) – Oliver and Felicity take stock of their surroundings and realize that they are trapped in the Arrow Bunker:
Felicity: "You know, under different circumstances, these chem lights might seem festive."
Oliver: "No sign of Chase. It looks like the EMP was his play. Elevator and security offline."
Felicity: "Did you check the emergency exit door?"
Oliver: "I did. It's welded shut."
Felicity: "If Chase wasn't so evil, I might actually be impressed. The air vents will be down too."
Oliver: "The air vents will last a little while longer, but... yeah, we have to get a message out."
Felicity: "Other than standing at the door and yelling really loudly, I don't really know what our options are. We're trapped."

520 (Underneath) – In a flashback to 11 months ago in the Arrow Bunker, Oliver and Felicity are struggling to fight crime in Star City on their own:
(Oliver is wearing his S4 short-sleeved Green Arrow suit.)
Felicity: "Do you ever feel like we're trapped?"
Oliver: "What do you mean?"
Felicity: "I mean, we're trapped in this vicious cycle. You put an arrow in one crime lord and another one just... (Makes popping sound) pops up."
Oliver: "Well, a lot of people are trying to fill the vaccum left by Damien Darhk."
Felicity: "Yeah, this week's winner is Werner Zytle." (Pulls up his profile on screen)
Oliver: "Do you have a location on him?"
Felicity: "Not yet. Curtis is working on fixing a 20."
Oliver: "Sounds like you don't even need me."
Felicity: "Have you seen Curtis try to throw a punch? I mean, we don't need you. We need 10 of you."
Oliver: "Nice try."
Felicity: "If we had more boots on the ground, or masks on faces, or whatever, we might actually have a real possibility of catching one of these guys that is auditioning to be the new Damien Darhk."
Oliver: "I don't have the bandwidth or, reportedly, the temperament to train a new team. Besides, you're trying to fix something that's working. We are a good team."
Felicity: "Yeah, we are. We always have been."
Oliver: "Yeah."
Felicity (noticing his arm wound): "Oh, my God. That's a nasty cut." (Gets up to face Oliver and touches his injured arm)
Oliver: "Ehh, well, it's not gonna scar. I was thinking maybe -"
Felicity: "Getting some kevlar arm sleeves?"
Oliver: "You know me too well."
(They look at each other and smile. Curtis enters.)
Curtis (fake coughs): "Hey, guys."
Felicity (turning): "Hey!"
Oliver: "Hi, Curtis."
Curtis: "Palmer Tech has been working on an advanced imaging prototype, which I borrowed, tweaked and developed to find... (Pulls up Zytle's location on computer screen) Boom! Bad guy on a yacht."
Oliver: "Thanks for the assist."
Felicity: "See? Help is good."
Oliver: "I'll contact you when I'm on site."

520 (Underneath) – Oliver tells Felicity that Adrian Chase knows about Oliver's son, William:
(Oliver is shooting explosive arrows at the door. Felicity is sitting in her wheelchair.)
Felicity: "How many is that?"
Oliver: "Eleven. Hasn't made a dent yet."
Felicity: "What's that thing made of anyway?"
Oliver: "Keltium. It's a proprietary alloy developed by the U.S. government to repel nuclear blasts."
Felicity: "You're saying if we had a nuke down here, it wouldn't work? Seems like Cisco did such a good job turning this place into an impenetrable fortress, he turned it into an impenetrable death trap."
Oliver: "Chase doesn't want to kill me, remember?"
Felicity: "Yeah, he just locked you down here for the fun of it."
Oliver: "He locked us down here because he is after something up there. And I can't do anything about it."
Felicity: "Well, the good news is that there's not much left for him to do. I mean, he's already gone after Curtis, Lance, Evelyn, even Susan - and Thea is away, and Lyla and JJ have A.R.G.U.S. protection. I mean, who's left?"
Oliver: "William."
Felicity: "William's in a different town with a different name and a different address. I'd be surprised if Chase even knows about William."
Oliver: "When he was holding me captive, he... showed me a picture of him."
Felicity: "What? Does he -"
Oliver: "He doesn't know where he is. Yet. We have to get out of here."
Felicity: "Cisco's original blueprints are in that cabinet."

520 (Underneath) – Oliver insists on climbing up the elevator shaft, despite Felicity's warnings:
Oliver (looking at the blueprints): "I can get us out of here by climbing up the elevator shaft."
Felicity: "If you can think of going up the elevator, then Chase has already thought of a way to stop you."
Oliver: "So you're saying it's booby-trapped?"
Felicity: "I'd bet my copious Palmer Tech severance pay on it."
Oliver: "I'm saying I can handle it."
Felicity: "Or we figure out a new plan. Like getting a signal out to the team."
Oliver: "You just said that everything with an electrical circuit down here has been fried."
Felicity: "Only because I haven't figured out how to get power yet."
Oliver: "So figure out how to get power. And I will go up the elevator shaft."
Felicity: "Seriously, are you still not listening to me? Did the EMP give you short-term amnesia about what we were arguing about down here in the first place?"
Oliver: "This feels like the best choice right now."
Felicity: "Besides the one I just gave you."
(Oliver climbs up the elevator shaft, is electrocuted and falls a long way down to the ground, landing on a large protruding metal bolt, which stabs him in the lower back.)

520 (Underneath) – Felicity stitches up Oliver's lower back wound:
Felicity: "I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. How many times do you think that is?"
Oliver (groaning): "I was not keeping count."
Felicity: "Hmph. Eleven, I think. But not nearly enough. You ready? Because your operating theater is now lit. And of all the things we need to do to get ourselves out of this hermetically-sealed bunker, stitching up the wound from a fall that I totally predicted isn't one of them. I think that counts as twelve."
Oliver: "I - okay, I'm ready." (Groans loudly)
Felicity: "That hurt?"
Oliver: "Yes."
Felicity: "I won't say 'good,' but let the record show, I was tempted."
(Oliver grimaces in pain.)
Felicity: "Do you remember what were were discussing before we got EMP-blasted? The fact that I back your play even when I don't agree, but you don't have the same consideration for me. You didn't listen to me when I wanted to join Helix."
Oliver: "With good reason."
Felicity: "I could say the same thing about you a million times over. But I support you. Because I trust you."
Oliver: "Felicity. I trust you."
Felicity: "Really? Because the hole in your back says otherwise."
Oliver (turning his head to look at her): "Fair enough."
Felicity: "Is that the painkillers talking?"
Oliver: "If you have a plan that will get us out of her, fantastic. Let's finish this up, and let's try it."
Felicity (smiling slightly): "Okay."

520 (Underneath) – Felicity tells Oliver her idea of using his old motorbike's engine to generate electrical power:
Oliver: "Okay, we're here. Now what?"
Felicity: "The mainframe has a built-in cellular chip. Our rewire didn't generate enough kilowatts to jumpstart it."
Oliver: "Right. Because everything with an electronic circuit is fried."
Felicity: "Everything with an electronic circuit." (Points to his motorcycle)
Oliver: "The old bike."
Felicity: "It's a beaut. Good old-fashioned combustion engine."
Oliver: "So we can generate electricity without an electronic starter."
Felicity: "Oh yeah."
Oliver: "That's smart."

520 (Underneath) – In a flashback scene, Curtis encourages Felicity to give her relationship with Oliver another try:
Felicity: "S.C.P.D.'s happy to have Zytle off the streets, or more appropriately off the docks. 
Curtis: "Great. Mission accomplished."
Felicity: "Yeah."
Curtis: "What's next from my favorite power couple?"
Felicity: "Power couple?"
Curtis: "Yeah. I thought that Oliver and you were - you guys aren't hooking up again?"
Felicity: "Oh, no. Oh, God, no. Why would you even think that?"
Curtis: "Because every time I come by, you guys are in the middle of exchanging longing looks for each other."
Felicity: "No, we're not."
Curtis: "'Oh, Felicity.'"
Felicity: "We look nothing like that. I don't -"
Curtis: “Oh. ’I miss Oliver. Wish I didn't break up with him. Ohh.’
Felicity: “What? No!”
Curtis: “’You know, we were so happy together.'
Felicity: “Were.”
Curtis: “Yeah.”
Felicity: “Past tense. Yes.”
Curtis: "Look, I know that he hurt you by not telling you about his son, but -"
Felicity: "Look. It's not about William. It's about what William represents."
Curtis: "Oliver having sex with another woman?"
Felicity: "No. But thank you for that visual. William is symptomatic of a larger problem between Oliver and I."
Curtis: "That being?"
Felicity: "Oliver doesn't trust me."
Curtis: "Right. The man who has put his life in your hands a couple thousand times?"
Felicity: "Trusting me as Overwatch is one thing, but we're talking about his son, Curtis. His child. Oliver doesn't trust me enough to share important information and crucial information with me. What's the point of being in a relationship at all?"
Curtis: "I'm not going to say that Oliver Queen plays great with others -"
Felicity: "But?"
Curtis: "But he can still change that about himself."
(Felicity scoffs.)
Curtis: "You know what he can't change?"
Felicity: "What?"
Curtis: "That way he looks at you. You both owe it to each other to see, Felicity. Tonight."
Felicity: "Tonight? No. Why tonight?"
Oliver (entering): "Curtis. Next time. Pick up your own Chinese food."
Curtis: "Um. You know, I just thought we'd all be hungry from the crime fighting." (Chuckles) 
Curtis: "Oh! Oh, man! I - you know, I just remembered. I have a date night with Paul. My husband. I have a date night with my husband, so I have to go. But you guys enjoy that, though. You enjoy that. Also, there is wine in the garage. So. Bye!" (Leaves)
Oliver: "What -"
Felicity: "I'll get the wine."

520 (Underneath) – Felicity's idea backfires, breaking a pipe that leaks methane gas into the air:
(Oliver starts the bike engine.)
Oliver: "Is it working?"
Felicity: "Give it a second. Thanks again for trying things my way."
Oliver: "There's a first time for everything."
(There is a long silence.)
Oliver: "Regarding Helix... you know why I didn't back your play. And you know - or you should - that it had nothing to do with a lack of trust."
Felicity: "If you're going to start saying - yet again - that it's because you don't want me to be like you, then you can hold your breath. Particularly since we are running out of oxygen."
Oliver: "Cayden James is a criminal -"
Felicity: "Cayden James is a hacker! As in, so much less worse than the Bratva. I made the exact same trade-off you did to get Chase. I picked the lesser of two evils."
Oliver: "The fact that I didn't want you to do that doesn't make me a hypocrite!"
Felicity: "What does it make you then?"
Oliver: "It makes me someone who doesn't want you to... be like me."
(The electrical power panel comes on.)
Felicity: "Bam! That's what I'm talking about!"
(The electrical power panel explodes and goes out. They hear a hissing sound as gas leaks from a broken overhead pipe.)
Oliver: "You okay?"
Felicity: "Yeah. Depending on what that sound is. (Sees leaking pipe) That's not good. One of the pipes is damaged. Let's just hope it's not the highly toxic, flammable gas... pipe. (Sees pipe label reads "METHANE GAS") So much for doing things my way."

520 (Underneath) – Oliver tries unsuccessfully to seal the leaking gas pipe with duct tape, but then discovers there's a steam tunnel under them:
Felicity: "Careful! Don't breathe! Well, breathe. But don't inhale."
Oliver (coughing): "Ah! Done."
Felicity: "You okay?"
Oliver: "Yeah. Yep. I'm fine. I'm a little - a little lightheaded."
Felicity (looking at pipe): "Oliver. (Grabs his wrist as he passes by to stop him) How much more duct tape do we have?"
Oliver (sighing): "That's the last of it. Ah, the epoxy spray that Cisco gave us to fix our suit."
Felicity: "It's upstairs. And it's definitely flooded by now."
Oliver: "How much time do we have?"
Felicity: "Twenty minutes. Max. Before we asphyxiate. Good times, right? (Sees Oliver looking at the blueprints) Oliver, we've already gone over them. It's just a dead end. Which is an unfortunate but accurate choice of words."
Oliver: "Wait a second."
Felicity: "Yeah, we can wait. We only have 20 minutes, but we can wait."
Oliver: "There's a steam tunnel underneath this part of the bunker. (Goes to wall and moves partition aside, to reveal a metal door) Do we have anything to pry this open?"
Felicity: "I don't know. It doesn't look pry-able."
Oliver: "Felicity. This is it."
Felicity: "Okay. This may be the fumes talking, but I think I have a slightly insane idea."
Oliver: "How insane is slightly insane?"
Felicity: "Well... that depends on how you feel about setting off an explosive arrow in a room full of flammable gas."

520 (Underneath) – Oliver and Felicity work together to breach the wall:
(Felicity is carefully filling an arrow head with an explosive compound.)
Felicity: "Careful! Powder is one gram under the grade, it won't blow."
Oliver: "What if it's one gram over."
Felicity: "Well, it'll increase the breaching radius, igniting the gas, filling this entire place with fire and -"
Oliver: "It'll kill us both, is what you're going to say, right?"
Felicity: "Yeah. No pressure. (Hands compound to Oliver) Wait!
Oliver: "What?"
Felicity: "My math is probably right, but what if it's wrong?"
Oliver: "Are you still Felicity Smoak?
Oliver: "Your math is always right."
Felicity: "Okay. Um, the arrow has to go in at exactly a 45 degree angle."
Oliver: "Okay. By 'exactly,' do you mean exactly?"
Felicity: "Well, one centimeter off and the gas will force the grade off, igniting the gas and - please don't miss."
(Oliver looks at her and then shoots the arrow, exploding the metal door off its hinges.)
Felicity: "You didn't miss."
(Oliver peers into the dark opening beyond the door with a chem light.)
Oliver: "Looks about a two-story drop."
Felicity: "Drop?"
Oliver: "I'll get the climbing gear."

520 (Underneath) – In a flashback scene, Oliver teaches Felicity how to do the salmon ladder; and then Oliver and Felicity make love (as aired):
(Felicity is trying the salmon ladder, while Oliver watches.)
Felicity: “Remind me again why I thought this was going to be a fun idea."
Oliver: "I don't know. Hop down. Hop down. (She jumps down) Excuse me. (He stands under the salmon ladder) Right. Okay. So. This is just a chin-up." 
Felicity: "Okay."
Oliver: "Everybody knows a chin-up."
Felicity: "Well..."
Oliver (demonstrating): "It's a chin-up. With a flourish. At the end." (Jumps down)
Felicity: "Yeah. I can't do a chin-up."
Oliver (smiling, crooks his finger): "C'mere.
Felicity (going over): "Um. I don't flourish well."
Oliver: "I believe in you. Ready?" (Lifts her up to the bottom rung of the salmon ladder)
Felicity: "Oh! Oh, my God. Hey! I'm chinning and upping!"
Oliver (laughs): "Okay."
Felicity: "Oh, oww!"
Oliver: "Alright."
Oliver: "Ready?"
Oliver: "One! Two! Three! Go!"
Felicity (trying to lift up and failing): "Nope! Nope, nope! Help, help! That's too high."
Oliver (going over to grab her): "I gotcha. I gotcha, honey."
(They look at each when they're almost nose-to-nose in a clinch, and then awkwardly disengage.)
Felicity: "Uh. Yeah. I kinda did it. I think."
Oliver (stepping back): "Sure."
Felicity: "There's the chin-up part I think we can work on."
Oliver: "You did a half of one."
Felicity: "A half. I'll take a half. (Oliver laughs) Sorry. I don't think that's really my thing."
Oliver: "In all fairness, you've had a little bit to drink."
Felicity: "I had a lot to drink." (Kisses him)
(They kiss and remove each other's shirts, Oliver lifts Felicity, and they move to the floor of the mat, smiling at each other.)

520 (Underneath) – In a flashback scene, Oliver teaches Felicity how to do the salmon ladder; and then Oliver and Felicity make love (as scripted):
(Felicity is trying the salmon ladder, kicking her legs, while Oliver watches, trying to be encouraging.)
Felicity: “Tell me again why I thought this was a good idea."
Oliver: "Think of it like a pull-up with a flourish at the end." 
Felicity (straining): "No problem. Except that I can't do a pullup and I don't 'flourish.'"
Oliver: "You can do it. I believe in you. Ready?"
Felicity: "No."
Oliver: "On three. One. Two. Three."
(Felicity tries and... does it! One bar, at least.)
Felicity: "Oh, my God. I salmon'd! (Tries it again - yes!) I'm salmoning! I'm awesome! I'm -"
(The bar slips and she falls, but Oliver catches her. They land in a tangle on the floor, her glasses knocked askew. Oliver gently takes them off.)
Oliver: "You did it."
Felicity: "Slightly."
Oliver: "In your defense, you've had a bit to drink tonight."
Felicity (locking eyes with him): "I had a lot to drink." (Kisses him)
(Oliver returns her kiss. Then their clothes start coming off.)tumblr_inline_oppxp2q4sK1rac8qx_1280.jpg
tumblr_inline_oppxpqFSI81rac8qx_1280.jpg

520 (Underneath) – Oliver and Felicity make it to the steam tunnel, but Oliver loses consciousness from blood loss:
(Oliver slowly descends down the hole, with Felicity clinging to his back.)
Felicity: "Ohh!"
Oliver: "That's okay. Hang on tight. Not that tight! Not that tight! Almost there."
(They reach the floor of the steam tunnel. Oliver still has Felicity on his back, but he's weakening.)
Felicity: "Over here."
Oliver: "Yeah, I know." 
(He lowers Felicity to a box on the side of the tunnel.)
Oliver (gasping): "Yeah. I'm fine. Yep. (Uses chem light to look around the dark tunnel) It's another dead end."
Felicity: "Please stop using that term. We got ourselves some time away from the gas at least. Hey, Oliver!"
(Oliver drops light and slowly collapses against the wall of the tunnel, unconscious.)
Felicity: "Oliver! Oliver!"

520 (Underneath) – Oliver reveals to Felicity that Chase got him to admit that he enjoyed killing:
Felicity: "Oliver! Oh. Oliver! (Pulls herself, using her arms, across the tunnel floor to Oliver.) Hey! Hey, hey, hey! (Slaps his face) You have to stay awake, okay?
Oliver: "I think I'm losing a lot of blood."
Felicity: "Tell me something I don't know."
Oliver: "I'm so sorry."
Felicity: "Normally, I would relish an Oliver Queen apology, but this sudden admission is making me nervous."
Oliver: "You were right. I didn't have your back. But it wasn't because I didn't want you to end up like me, Felicity. It was much more than that."
Felicity: "Okay. Lots of blood loss with exposure to toxic gas makes you go crazy. Now we know that."
Oliver: "I need you to hear this."
Felicity: "I will. Later."
Oliver: "I might not have a later."
Felicity: "Do not talk like that!"
Oliver: "I need you to know the truth."
Felicity: "About what?"
Oliver: "I didn't have your back. It was not because of you. Or a lack of trust. It was because of me. It was because of me. I'm not the man you think I am. I'm not the man you fell in love with. I put the hood on to right my father's wrongs. But the basis of it - the - the foundation of it - and what you did and what Digg did and what the team did in my name... it was all based on a lie."
Felicity: "What are you talking about?!"
Oliver (groggily): "Chase, he showed me when he held me hostage... that I didn't do what I did to be a hero. I did what I did... because there was a part of me - a bigger part than I would like to admit - that I enjoyed it. I enjoyed killing. It's not about not trusting you. I will always trust you. I don't trust myself." (Losing consciousness again)
Felicity (tearfully): "Oliver. Oliver, don't - Oli - Ol - Hey! Hey! (Pats his face) Oliver, come back! Come back! Oliver! Come back!"

520 (Underneath) – In a flashback scene, Felicity and Oliver have a post-coital chat:
(Oliver and Felicity are cuddled together under blankets on the floor of the bunker.)
Felicity: "Promise me you're not going to tell anyone that we had bunker sex. And by 'anyone,' I mean Curtis. Because he'd never look at me the same."
Oliver (chuckling): "Are you sure? Because he had me pick up Chinese food and then he suggested wine. I'm pretty sure he was rooting for exactly this. So... maybe he saw something that we didn't see?"
Felicity (sighing): "I think Curtis watches too many rom-coms with Paul." (Pulls away and sits up)
Oliver: "You okay?"
Felicity: "Yeah. I'm fine. It's just -"
Oliver: "Talk to me. What's going on?"
Felicity: "This was nice. You know, it was really nice? It just - but it doesn't change things between us. We still have our problems."
Oliver: "Because we never talked about our problems. We never talked about William -"
Felicity: "Even if there was no William, there still wouldn't be an 'us'. Because you don't trust me. I was hoping that you'd change. But you don't trust anyone. And I don't know why. You know, maybe if I knew why, things would be different. I don't even think you know why. I love you. But that is why I can't settle for anything less than your full trust."
(Felicity gathers up her blanket and stands, then walks away from Oliver.)

520 (Underneath) – Felicity gives Oliver a pep talk:
(Oliver recovers consciousness. Felicity has been resting her head on his chest.)
Felicity: "Oliver? Oliver. Dammit, wake up!"
Oliver: "Hey. Ahh! Are you okay?"
Felicity: "Oh, my God, you're okay!"
Oliver (groaning): "I think the wound re-clotted." (Gets up)
Felicity: "Careful!"
Oliver: "Felicity. I don't - I don't know if I can get us out of here."
Felicity: "Well, it'll give us some time to talk about something. Like this crazy idea that you enjoy killing. That's why you disbanded the team, isn't it?"
Felicity: "Oliver, you said that I don't know the kind of man that you are. I wouldn't have fallen in love with you or wanted to marry you if I didn't know exactly the kind of man that you are. Chase tortured you for a week. You're the toughest person I know. But anyone - anyone - would have admitted to being a tap-dancing flamingo after what he put you through."
Oliver: "Adrian Chase didn't make me a killer."
Felicity: "No. Five years in hell did that. Five years dealing with this city's worst did that. You have spent a decade dealing with horrors that most people don't even realize exist and the fact that that didn't turn you into a monster proves exactly the kind of person that you are!"
Oliver (tiredly): "I don't know what kind of person I am."
(An explosion blows a hole in the wall as a T-sphere with an attached cam comes flying into the tunnel.)
Felicity (looking at T-sphere): "Curtis?"
Lyla (looking at cam view on computer screen): "Not just Curtis."
Dinah: "Are you guys okay?"
Felicity: "Oliver is a little hurt. We could use your help."
Rene: "About that. We got a new problem."
Curtis: "The bunker's generators have a doomsday scenario failsafe. So in case of an attack, they're tamper-proof, so no one can stop them from turning back on."
Oliver: "Wait. Why would you want to stop them?"
Felicity: "The methane. The power coming back on will spark it."
Diggle: "If we don't get the air vents back online first somehow -"
Curtis: "You guys are sitting underneath a... four-story bomb."

520 (Underneath) – Team Arrow and Lyla work together to rescue Oliver and Felicity before the generators turn back on and ignite the methane gas:
Oliver: "How long do we have before the generator kicks back on?"
Curtis (from T-sphere): "And blow you up? Twelve minutes. But don't worry."
Felicity: "Too late."
Curtis: "We have a plan."
(Oliver is carrying Felicity on his back through the tunnel.)
Felicity: "Slow down. Slow down."
Oliver: "I don't have time to slow down."
Felicity: "We don't have time for you to bleed to death either, right?"
Oliver: "Good point. It's getting -"
(Oliver collapses to the ground.)
Felicity: "Oliver! Oliver. Curtis! Oliver's down! We need your help!"
Curtis: "Hang on! Coming to you!"
(Felicity grabs the floating T-sphere which suddenly sprouts a hypodermic needle.)
Felicity: "This looks like the Death Star interrogation droid."
Curtis: "I loaded it with 20 ccs of adrenaline. You're going to have to inject that into Oliver -"
(Before Curtis can finish giving the directions, Felicity stabs the needle into Oliver's chest. Oliver sits up with a start, gasping and making a noise - a noise that causes Curtis to shut up and Lyla to stare at the computer screen in disbelief.)
Oliver: "Uhh, uhh, uhh!  I'm okay!"
Felicity: "Nowhere close. But we gave you enough adrenaline to get us out of here."
Oliver (confused): "Good. Okay. All right." (Puts Felicity on his back and starts walking again.)
Felicity: "Yeah. Yeah, yeah."
(Diggle climbs down the elevator shaft.)
Diggle: "Oliver! Oliver!"
Felicity: "Hey!"
Diggle: "Hey, you guys alright?"
Felicity: "No, not really."
(Elevator shaft's ladder drops and breaks apart. Diggle hangs onto bottom rung.)
Dinah: "John!"
Diggle: "Stay there! We'll figure something out!"
Oliver: "John, we don't have time! Look, do you have enough cable to meet us halfway?”
Diggle: "Yes."
Rene: "That's optimistic. We only have 30 feet."
Dinah: "It's not helping. Throw him a line."
(Rene throws line to Diggle, who hooks it into his belt.)
Felicity: "This is crazy."
Oliver (smiles): "You don't hear me arguing, do you?"
(Oliver, still carrying Felicity on his back, starts climbing up the elevator shaft ladder, to get up to Diggle.)
Felicity: "I've always appreciated you doing the salmon ladder, but never as much as this moment."
Diggle: "I got about five feet of slack."
Oliver: "I can make it."
Diggle: "Oliver, if you don't -"
Oliver: "I will."
(Curtis manages to turn on the air vents, which start rotating at the bottom of the elevator shaft. Oliver manages to grab Diggle's hand with his left hand. Felicity slips off his back and starts to fall, but Oliver catches her hand with his right hand. They are now a dangling human rope.)
Felicity (tearfully, looking up at Oliver): "You have to let me go. You have to let me go! You have to go!"
Diggle: "Curtis, cut the vents!"
Curtis: "Now he tells me?"
Lyla: "Do it!"
(Curtis turns off the vents.)
Oliver: "I'm sorry, Felicity. (Groans and with a superhuman effort, uses one hand to pull her up onto his back again) I know you hate it when I don't listen to you."
Diggle: "Rene, pull us up!"

520 (Underneath) – At A.R.G.U.S. headquarters, Oliver is treated for his injuries while his team waits:
Felicity (entering with Curtis): "Hey! Any word on Oliver?"
Diggle: "Lyla is checking now. I gotta say, it's good to see you up and walking again."
Felicity: "Yeah. Thank Curtis. He's the miracle worker."
Curtis: "It's just a temporary fix. I'm going to have to run a more comprehensive diagnostic."
Dinah: "You guys are going to have to explain how all of this works one day."
Rene: "Neh. You really don't want them to do that. Nerdapalooza."
Lyla (entering): "Oliver just got out of surgery. He's going to be fine."
Felicity: "Can we see him?"
Lyla: "Actually, he asked to see you."
Curtis: "Oooh. (Chuckles, as Felicity leaves) We were all thinking it."

520 (Underneath) – In a flashback scene, Felicity tells Oliver that she was wrong to walk out on him last year:
(Oliver is punching a bag in the Arrow Bunker, when Felicity enters.)
Felicity: "Would it help if I didn't ask for lessons on a particular piece of equipment? Look, I know you're probably a little upset about what I said last night still."
Oliver: "No, I'm not. You were right."
Felicity: "So were you. You know, we never did talk about anything. I walked. That was wrong. Sorry."
Oliver: "Thank you."
Felicity: "I'm not saying never... about the talk. Maybe not quite yet. I'm not ready yet."
Oliver: "I'm not going anywhere."

520 (Underneath) – Felicity visits Oliver who’s recovering from his injuries in his A.R.G.U.S. hospital bed:
Felicity: "Hey."
Oliver: "Hi. You're walking."
Felicity: "I am. More importantly, you're living. You gave us quite a scare back there."
Oliver: "I figured you'd be used to seeing me close to death by now."
Felicity: "I'll never get used to it. Never." (Sits on the side of his bed and takes his hand)
Oliver: "But speaking of being close to death, I said a few things back there. I really, really appreciate what you said."
Felicity: "Did any of it stick?"
Oliver: "Hopefully."
Felicity: "I'm sorry."
Oliver: "For what?"
Felicity: "For being a hypocrite. You were right. I was starting to become like you. And not in the heroic, you know, honorable, muscular way. It was just... after I lost Billy, I was willing to do whatever to get Chase. It drove me to work with Helix and I was wiling to break any rule and do anything to get payback. And, you know... what I'm trying to say is that I think I got the tiniest taste of what you've been through - the tiniest and... I get it now. (Pauses) I understand... why you lied to me about William. Why you had to. I get it. And for the extent that I judged you - and I did judge you - I am sorry. (Pauses) You know, you said you didn't know what kind of person you are. (Slowly smiles) I think you should figure that out."

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Adding some of the tweets from the official account to this thread, since the anniversary of the original airing is today. (It was fun to go back and read everyone's comments again.)

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 2