Type keyword(s) to search

Speculation Without Spoilers

• Start Topic

I agree about the Tuco name drop -- very few details on this show (or on Breaking Bad before it) are meaningless or throwaways.  There's probably a good reason Tuco was mentioned again, and it will involve Pryce doing something stupid.    Although I wasn't thinking that Tuco would be back this season, he could very well be back this season.  Or there could be a story development that is left open at the end of this season that could have him returning at the beginning of next season.

I do tend to think that the falsifying of the evidence (a.k.a. the squat cobbler video) will come back to potentially bite Jimmy somehow, and it could be due to something Pryce blurts out or does.

I would be very shocked if the Pryce story didn't lead anywhere else before the end of the season.  It just seems like it has to end with Pryce taking a little trip to Belize.  ;-)

• Love 2

One thing that will limit Tuco's involvement in BCS is Raymond Cruz being a regular on Major Crimes. They had to fly him out for a single weekend  in the middle of the production of that show to shoot his appearance in season 1. I'm sure they could work around his schedule for a limited return appearance though. Nevertheless I don't know if there's anything terribly significant about the name drop. I mean, the name drop even isolated as it was made perfect sense. Mike needed leverage with Nacho and it was established back in Season 1 that Mike had figured out Nacho was running a side operation while cutting Tuco out (hence his reason for not carrying a gun to the first meet). Tuco is the already established fact that gives Mike that leverage, so there had to be a Tuco name drop whether he's coming back to the story or not. That's not to say Tuco won't make another appearance... I'm sure they'd love to have him back if the story warrants it and Cruz' schedule allows it.

Also, while it's apparent that Kim isn't romantically involved with Jimmy by the time he becomes Saul (because we know she would not put up with Saul's shenanigans), I wouldn't rule out her being a part of Jimmy/Saul's story even concurrent to the Breaking Bad timeline. We know so little of Saul's personal life since everything we saw of Saul in BB was related to Walt's story. I could see her even turning into something of a part time nemesis (with the slight hope of reconciliation).

I do agree that she'll have a lot to do with turning him into Saul. The first two episodes have made that clear. He was about to give up law and turn back to conning and he really only went back to law because of her. First it was Chuck, now it's Kim. It almost seems inevitable that she must break his heart as well for him to really dive into becoming Saul.

The post Breaking Bad flash forwards interest me as well. I feel like there could be a lot of story to be told there. I wouldn't be surprised if the entire final season of the show was post Breaking Bad. 

• Love 4

The post Breaking Bad flash forwards interest me as well. I feel like there could be a lot of story to be told there. I wouldn't be surprised if the entire final season of the show was post Breaking Bad.

I'd like that. I could see it in stages. Like Season 3 we get some entire scenes and plots in the post-BrBa timeline. Then more in season 4 with maybe 50% flashbacks to our current seasons 1 and 2 timelines. They seem to have already opened up that possibility with the 2.2 flash forward.

I thought the Kim/Jimmy romance had a lot of heart in 2.1, so I'd vote for a series finale (or earlier) of Kim returning from NY or LA after a divorce from someone else, with a couple of kids, and rekindling things with "Gene."

I imagine Kim walking into the CInnabon and saying "You had me at Squat Cobbler".

• Love 3

I'd like that. I could see it in stages. Like Season 3 we get some entire scenes and plots in the post-BrBa timeline. Then more in season 4 with maybe 50% flashbacks to our current seasons 1 and 2 timelines. They seem to have already opened up that possibility with the 2.2 flash forward.

Since we are poised for this short lived relationship with Kim to end sooner rather than later (and badly), and possibly to see more of post-Breaking Bad Jimmy/Saul/Eugene in future season(s), it might be a worthwhile redemption arc for our tragic hero to somehow reconnect with Kim and try to ... Nah, squash that. Cinnabon purgatory it is.

• Love 2

Or maybe just, "Do you serve Squat Cobblers here?"

Perhaps the "squat cobbler" becomes a mascot for Cinnabon, a la the Hamburgler.  Saul makes a fortune off selling his character to Cinnabon and heads off to the real Belize.

• Love 1

Perhaps the "squat cobbler" becomes a mascot for Cinnabon, a la the Hamburgler. Saul makes a fortune off selling his character to Cinnabon and heads off to the real Belize.

Part of the purgatory Saul's in comes from the fact he cannot afford to draw any attention to himself. Watching old tapes of his commercials is as close as he can get to reliving those creative days.

However, if and when the show decides to continue the post-Breaking Bad plot, I can see it culminating in some final SAUL WAS HERE moment that he so desperately craves. He's been the behind the scenes guy all these years, after all.

• Love 4

So ...

Does the title of the next episode have a connection to that musical piece Chuck was playing a few episodes earlier?

I don't want to even fathom Kim and Chuck together, but that's where some of the earlier speculation seemed to be heading, and ...

Eww. No.

• Love 1

So ...

Does the title of the next episode have a connection to that musical piece Chuck was playing a few episodes earlier?

I don't want to even fathom Kim and Chuck together, but that's where some of the earlier speculation seemed to be heading, and ...

Eww. No.

Super eww.  I want to think that if connected to the musical piece, we are going to see Chuck's backstory.  He wears a wedding ring, so I'm thinking it will be related to his wife, ex-wife, or dearly departed wife.

• Love 1

I don't want to even fathom Kim and Chuck together, but that's where some of the earlier speculation seemed to be heading, and…

In Breaking Bad, Saul told Walt "I caught my second wife screwing my stepdad." (Didn't the Chicago sunroof car belong to the guy who was sleeping with Jimmy's first ex-wife?) But I've never read any speculation about Kim + Chuck.

• Love 1

I really don't see Kim ending up with Chuck. On ANY planet. I do think it would be possible that her ultimate end with Jimmy somehow involves Chuck, and may feel like a betrayal to Jimmy. But it will involve work, not a personal relationship. Kim may tire of Jimmy's antics, but I can't see her ever doing THAT to him. 

• Love 4

Nice skull on the tip of that boot. I'd be a shame if it didn't belong to a Salamanca.

Next episode (subtitles):

CARTEL ENFORCER: "Hey, boss. That old guy is here to see you."

DON SALAMANCA: "Good. Send him in, Miguel. Hold it... where'd you get those boots? It'd be a great gift for one of my nephews."

CARTEL ENFORCER has an uneasy look.

• Love 2

We saw what those Cousins would do for a small house to hide out in, and a wheelchair-accessible van for Hector.  Lord only knows what that family might do for some skull-tipped boots.

There's a whole other Salamanca that we didn't see too much of in BB -- Joaquin.  He was not as prominent as Tuco, Hector and the Cousins.  I am guessing that we will see more of him in BCS.

• Love 1

We saw what those Cousins would do for a small house to hide out in, and a wheelchair-accessible van for Hector.  Lord only knows what that family might do for some skull-tipped boots.

There's a whole other Salamanca that we didn't see too much of in BB -- Joaquin.  He was not as prominent as Tuco, Hector and the Cousins.  I am guessing that we will see more of him in BCS.

Joaquin was described as Hector's grandson. Which means there is an unseen and unreferenced son of Don Salamanca. What happened to him, we don't know. All we know is he is dead by the time of Breaking Bad (where Hector is the last of the Salamancas after Joaquin's death).

Mike needs to get Jimmy in on this cartel action he's about to engage in. We know that Jimmy/Saul is connected to the Cartel, and specifically "Ignacio" (Nacho) and Don Eladio from the oft-quoted scene in Breaking Bad.

• Love 1

The title of the next episode has me speculating way too much for a weeknight.

Is it a direct reference to the mysterious island from the song of the same name (metaphors abound), or something named after it like the golf course in Vegas?

The golf course sticks because that's where law firm and criminal deals (what's the difference?) often go down.

Mostly I am stoked about Mike being pushed to his limit. Pimento and full measures, please.

So now that the Salamanca clan is all-in, I wonder about Mike's contingency plan.

I think giving up half the $50,000 to Nacho is just to put him at ease, but in the end I think Ignacio is going to take the fall here, and Mike is going to orchestrate it.

I wouldn't be surprised. Things are getting messier and messier. 

As for Jimmy's storyline, I mentioned this in the ep thread, but I'm wondering if Kim and Jimmy are both going to leave their respective firms and go into business together. They both seem to be unhappy and wanting to call their own shots. I think Kim is very tempted by Jimmy's slick ways, but I'm betting in the end this will just be a summer fling for her, she won't want to be Slippin Kimmy long term. But I could see her not realizing that right now, and starting up a firm with him, getting in too deep, and it ruining their relationship for good. 

• Love 1

[uote name=ghouina post="2074658" timestamp="1458654674]

I wouldn't be surprised. Things are getting messier and messier.

As for Jimmy's storyline, I mentioned this in the ep thread, but I'm wondering if Kim and Jimmy are both going to leave their respective firms and go into business together. They both seem to be unhappy and wanting to call their own shots. I think Kim is very tempted by Jimmy's slick ways, but I'm betting in the end this will just be a summer fling for her, she won't want to be Slippin Kimmy long term. But I could see her not realizing that right now, and starting up a firm with him, getting in too deep, and it ruining their relationship for good.

The fact that Kim came up with Ice Station Zebra Associates makes me think Jimmy and Kimmy will start a firm together.

The fact that Saul's firm in BB is called Saul Goodman and Associates would seem to indicate he had at least one other lawyer working there at some point. Could have been Kim.

• Love 1

The fact that Saul's firm in BB is called Saul Goodman and Associates would seem to indicate he had at least one other lawyer working there at some point. Could have been Kim.

Why are you assuming that any of his associates were lawyers, rather than paralegal or legal secretary? Knowing Saul, he could have just been referring to his receptionist and henchmen, with the idea that putting them in the company name as "associates" made it sound more impressive.

• Love 1

It looks like, from the preview for next week's episode, that at least the Saul flair for flamboyant suits is being introduced.

Those suits are way flashier than anything he wore in BB, where he mostly wore grey or brown suits and went crazy with the shirt and tie colours.

• Love 1

Why are you assuming that any of his associates were lawyers, rather than paralegal or legal secretary? Knowing Saul, he could have just been referring to his receptionist and henchmen, with the idea that putting them in the company name as "associates" made it sound more impressive.

I believe it is a violation of the code of ethics for a sole practitioner to use "associates" in a firm name. Of course Saul might not be be a stickler for ethics. :)

He's just gonna try to out-zazz the Cousins.

He is going to need to do some serious work on his footwear to accomplish that. :) Edited by Bryce Lynch
  • Love 1

Purely speculation and not likely:

Mike gives Jimmy the $25,000 (or most of it) as seed money to start his Saul Goodman firm (or what will become that brand) of "criminal" lawyers (plural "lawyers" if Kim joins). The first order of business for this new firm would be keeping Mike out of jail or prison and protecting him from the Salamancas--maybe through a business arrangement.

Or that may be the second order of business, with the first being filming flashy Jimmy/Saul and running the ads during Cops or whatever show his target audience is likely to watch.

• Love 2

Purely speculation and not likely:

Mike gives Jimmy the $25,000 (or most of it) as seed money to start his Saul Goodman firm (or what will become that brand) of "criminal" lawyers (plural "lawyers" if Kim joins). The first order of business for this new firm would be keeping Mike out of jail or prison and protecting him from the Salamancas--maybe through a business arrangement.

Or that may be the second order of business, with the first being filming flashy Jimmy/Saul and running the ads during Cops or whatever show his target audience is likely to watch.

I like these ideas.  In my opinion, Mike and Jimmy need to collaborate on this gun thing, and soon.  It's going to be tricky for Mike to claim the gun is his since I doubt his fingerprints are on it.  Also, the Salamancas now have never-ending leverage on Mike because they know they can get what they want from him through threatening Kaylee.  It would be interesting to see what is Jimmy's take on the whole situation. 

• Love 1

I'm not the only one to point this out, but Saul as of BB doesn't seem to be suffering from the kind of angst that one would expect something bad happening to Chuck and Kim to generate. It's true that Saul in BB doesn't talk about his private life much, but if BCS really is a tragedy, the story of how a good man became a monster by giving into his worst impulses, etc. etc., one would expect Saul in BB to come off as a little more...tragic? Saul in BB seemed at peace with who he was and what he was about; he didn't ooze hard-won wisdom and regret the way Mike did in BB, and if Saul was grappling with inner conflict over what his life choices had cost him, there was no sign of that in BB. Indeed, Saul in BB seemed like the most stable of the bunch more often than not.

That's why I tend to doubt that something really terrible is going to happen to Chuck or Kim (Chuck dying in an accident, Kim being disbarred or dying, etc.), much less something for which Jimmy blames himself. That's the sort of thing Saul would carry around with him, no matter how far he fell, and Saul doesn't seem to be suffering in that way or plagued with the doubt and guilt that those kind of events would cause. What's more likely, in my opinion, is both of them definitively severing ties with him but still being alive as of BB.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 2

In her S&C interview Kim reveals she's originally from somewhere near the Nebraska border.

So, even though all signs point to a heart-rending parting of ways really soon, a reunion might be foreshadowed.

• Love 4

In her S&C interview Kim reveals she's originally from somewhere near the Nebraska border.

So, even though all signs point to a heart-rending parting of ways really soon, a reunion might be foreshadowed.

I always thought it was a good possibility, and now we know how it might happen. I'm wondering why Kim would be there, though. Unless she's simply visiting family, maybe things aren't turning out that well for her either, she leaves ABQ and returns home. Hopefully not to be a cashier at Dinky-Winky's, but alas, I'm afraid that was the reason that line was included in the first place. Well, at least we could get a Mrs. and Mr. Giselle St. Clair ending that way.

• Love 1

I suddenly had a thought about why Kim was being evasive about where she was from and why she left.  It's too much a trope I suppose, but maybe she was a stripper somewhere, that Howard took a shine to, or found out about later.   Nothing illegal, just tough for a professional woman to admit. 

• Love 2

As I said in the episode thread, it may be something embarrassing. Having been a stripper would fit, but would indeed be too clichéd and also somewhat boring. I expect something better from the show that gave us the Chicago sunroof and the squat cobbler. Whatever it is, I definitely want to see it.

• Love 5

I think we will get Gus in the finale.

Only because Mike bought that house, so he needs money, and because he's watching Hector's operation.  I just had the strongest feeling that Mike working for Gus, who hates Hector, is the most logical jump for them to make ending the season.

Just a hunch, nothing more.

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 2

I think there is no doubt that we will see Gus.   Every recent episode (the segments with Mike and that zany Salamanca clan) seems to display a giant invisible sign that says, "All roads lead to Gus... follow this path to Gus... Gus is just around the corner!"

I thought that Gus might appear even before I knew that Mike was going to get entangled with Hector, but now that he has dealt with him it seems inevitable that Gus is a-comin'!!  At this rate it would be a shock (and a crime) if Gus didn't appear on BCS.

I'm just not sure exactly when Gus is going to make his debut appearance, and how long he will stick around.  There are only 3 episodes left of this season.  He might appear in a quickie cameo in the finale and then come back for a few episodes next season.  Or, perhaps Giancarlo Esposito already filmed something shrouded in secrecy, beneath the cover of darkness, that is poised to play out before the season finale.

• Love 2

I think there is no doubt that we will see Gus.   Every recent episode (the segments with Mike and that zany Salamanca clan) seems to display a giant invisible sign that says, "All roads lead to Gus... follow this path to Gus... Gus is just around the corner!"

I definitely think Gus will appear on BCS but I have my doubts it will happen this season only because there was a BB cameo/appearance planned for the end of this season that Gilligan got talked out of.  I could be wrong but I felt it was Gus.  I think they might want to wait to bring him on until they're ready to really use him.

• Love 1

I will settle for the promise of Gus this season, if they really bring him in Season 3.

Gus was one of the most intriguing characters on BB, so I'm super excited at the idea of learning about his origins, how he got started, what pushed him into the game, how he struggles early on, how he establishes his domination....everything!

Edited by RCharter
  • Love 1

I feel like too much Salamanca and Gus could be a problem that might overwhelm the show and make it Breaking Bad, the Early Years.  I would expect a mix of other characters, new ones.  At this point I want to see how Jimmy sets up the whole Saul franchise, including the official name change.  He's been in Albuquerque for years now, everyone knows him as Jimmy McGill, I'm interested in seeing the deal with the new identity.  And then I want to see people actually, you know, calling Saul.  New misadventures. 

• Love 2

I feel like too much Salamanca and Gus could be a problem that might overwhelm the show and make it Breaking Bad, the Early Years.  I would expect a mix of other characters, new ones.  At this point I want to see how Jimmy sets up the whole Saul franchise, including the official name change.  He's been in Albuquerque for years now, everyone knows him as Jimmy McGill, I'm interested in seeing the deal with the new identity.  And then I want to see people actually, you know, calling Saul.  New misadventures. 

I think the idea of Breaking Bad, the Early Years from Saul's POV is pretty interesting.  Although I would expect that since its from Saul's POV these are auxiliary characters.  And if I had to choose between Fring and Salamanca....I choose Fring because I have always found him one of the most interesting characters on the show.  The idea that they may have all touched each other in one way or another before Walt found out he ever had cancer just tickles me.

• Love 5

I think that if Better Call Saul were only focused on Jimmy/Saul's life, we might not be seeing the Salamancas (at least not Hector and the Cousins), and certainly not Gus (if he ever pops up). 

But Mike is a big part of this show.   Mike's life is also changing as he gets more involved in the drug cartel world and will probably have to start doing a lot of dark things to and for the people he encounters.  I think he is the main reason why we are seeing Hector and (hopefully!!) Gus at some point.  If Mike were just appearing in quickie cameos here and there, then I think that we might not see the 'Mike adjacent' BB characters other than Stacey and Kaylee.  Sure, BCS could focus on a lot of brand new characters like Pryce and the Kettlemans -- but I would bet that a lot of people who are already bored with the show will not be perched on the edges of their seats to see what happens next with those characters.

It shouldn't be this way in a perfect world, but a lot of people are probably only hanging in there with BCS for the BB connections, and to hopefully see some BB characters and locations.  Some people just don't care about Kim, Howard, Chuck, etc.  If Gilligan and Gould can work some BB characters and references into BCS in ways that make sense -- which they have done quite masterfully -- to help develop Mike's story a bit more, then it's the best of both worlds.  The people who are only watching for Jimmy/Saul and his shenanigans and new clients will probably still get a lot of that, as well as Kim stories and stories about Chuck and everyone else.  The people who are staying tuned in for Mike and all of the fun BB people and places he might connect with will likely get that too -- unless Jonathan Banks leaves the show at some point.

If throwing some Salamancas and one Gus Fring into the mix can help this show to stay on the air (so that people can also continue to enjoy Jimmy's life as Saul), and it is done well, then I say... why not throw them in?   Bring 'em on!   I don't think they will be in every single episode, but I think that if Gus Fring appears it should definitely be for more than just one short cameo.  As RCharter said, Gus is one of the most interesting characters on BB -- if not one of the most interesting characters on any dramatic series.  He was very much connected to Mike on BB, and Mike is a big part of BCS.

I think the idea of Breaking Bad, the Early Years from Saul's POV is pretty interesting.  Although I would expect that since its from Saul's POV these are auxiliary characters.  And if I had to choose between Fring and Salamanca....I choose Fring because I have always found him one of the most interesting characters on the show.  The idea that they may have all touched each other in one way or another before Walt found out he ever had cancer just tickles me.

The crossing paths idea also tickles me, in the way it did with Lost.  But 'auxiliary' is the key word.  I think new characters and scenarios are what I'd be most interested in.  We know what happens to all the BB people, and we know some back story on Gus, for example.  Going too deeply into them would, to me, be too much retread.  I already get pretty much of the Albuquerque drug underworld, they all end up killing each other to become top dog, to in turn be killed, etc.  I would like to see some of Saul's other clientele, their stories.  I am hoping the writers want to expand beyond their previous creations, I imagine they do.  They are with Kim and Chuck, pretty successfully. 

• Love 1

The crossing paths idea also tickles me, in the way it did with Lost.  But 'auxiliary' is the key word.  I think new characters and scenarios are what I'd be most interested in.  We know what happens to all the BB people, and we know some back story on Gus, for example.  Going too deeply into them would, to me, be too much retread.  I already get pretty much of the Albuquerque drug underworld, they all end up killing each other to become top dog, to in turn be killed, etc.  I would like to see some of Saul's other clientele, their stories.  I am hoping the writers want to expand beyond their previous creations, I imagine they do.  They are with Kim and Chuck, pretty successfully. 

Admittedly I ate up BB like an binge eater at Hometown Buffet.  I watched it all as fast as I could so I don't remember as well as others, but I only remember getting very little backstory on Gus.  I know he had a family (two daughters, right?) and he ran a very clean and tidy operation.  But, he intrigued me so much because he was so unexpected as a drug lord and I wondered about his origins, the how and why a fairly intelligent guy who looks like an upstanding citizen got into the game. Did he cultivate LPH to cover for a seedy past and amend himself to become an upstanding citizen, or is he more like a Walt type character where he was somehow forced/stumbled into the game.  What sort of issues did he run into if he was a novice?  But I understand MV on it.  I think I'll enjoy the show no matter what, but more Gus will always make me a happy camper.

• Love 1

The hose Mike was poking holes in during the preview is not, in fact, an elaborate ploy to strike at the Salamanca HQ. It's actually an even more elaborate smoke-machine hack for a Twaughthammer live show. Mike's gonna be their roadie/special effects crew. "Fallacies! Fallacies!"

As much as I delight in all the possible BB references this show has to offer, I have a hard time understanding anyone who has watched from the start and doesn't feel a thing for Kim and Jimmy. My heart is not ready for their tragic parting, however that is going to unfold.

• Love 2

The hose Mike was poking holes in during the preview is not, in fact, an elaborate ploy to strike at the Salamanca HQ. It's actually an even more elaborate smoke-machine hack for a Twaughthammer live show. Mike's gonna be their roadie/special effects crew. "Fallacies! Fallacies!"

As much as I delight in all the possible BB references this show has to offer, I have a hard time understanding anyone who has watched from the start and doesn't feel a thing for Kim and Jimmy. My heart is not ready for their tragic parting, however that is going to unfold.

I wondered if Twaughthammer would ever be referenced on BCS, just in passing!  That would be hilarious.

I feel for Jimmy.  I don't dislike Kim.  She is simply just not a major factor in my reasons for tuning in to the show -- at this point.  Maybe that will change in time, and she will become more interesting to me as we learn more about her outside of the assorted law offices.  There are other people out there in cyberspace who can't stand any of the people on the show outside of Jimmy/Saul, Mike and all of Mike's cohorts.  I watch/follow everyone's stories, but Kim, Chuck and Howard are not the reasons I am tuning in and they are not "must see TV" for me.

I wondered if Twaughthammer would ever be referenced on BCS, just in passing!  That would be hilarious.

I feel for Jimmy.  I don't dislike Kim.  She is simply just not a major factor in my reasons for tuning in to the show -- at this point.  Maybe that will change in time, and she will become more interesting to me as we learn more about her outside of the assorted law offices.  There are other people out there in cyberspace who can't stand any of the people on the show outside of Jimmy/Saul, Mike and all of Mike's cohorts.  I watch/follow everyone's stories, but Kim, Chuck and Howard are not the reasons I am tuning in and they are not "must see TV" for me.

Yeah, the last thing I wanted was to have this become BB all over again.

I mean, I welcome the BB guys because they are interesting and I don't care about the regulars on BCS because they aren't.   Chuck's story is so repetitive, although I did LOVE the way they introduced Rebecca.  I want to know more about her!  I feel like I learned more about Rebecca in one appearance than I've learned about Howard and he is on pretty much every single episode.

If they WRITE the (only BCS) characters better, I'll like them more.  Another example is the lawyer who was jealous of Saul's great job in the bathroom.  I felt like I KNEW that guy, it didn't take a lot of screen time, it took the effort of the writers to write him as interesting, and they did.

I have a lot of confidence in this group, and although, IMO, there have been some bad stumbles this season, they will see them, and fix them, and the show will end up great.  Pretending shit is gold though is something I just can't do.

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 1

I watched it all as fast as I could so I don't remember as well as others, but I only remember getting very little backstory on Gus.  I know he had a family (two daughters, right?) and he ran a very clean and tidy operation. 

Gus's backstory presented more questions than it did answers.  There's his Chilean past that Hank can't find a trace of.  The excuse Gus gives is logical but is it the truth?  Then there's his never seen family.  And there are questions surrounding his relationship with Max.  Were they just good friends?  Lovers?

Damn I loved that character.  

I think if there is one weakness this show has is that it's twice the show with fewer episodes. They could easily fill ten episodes with the antics of Saul & co. and I'd watch the heck out of that because I enjoy all those characters.  Or they could write a show about Baby Breaking Bad because I enjoy the hell out of those characters.  But it's a lot for a ten episode season. Like just when the stories kick into the next gear, we're wrapping up the season.

• Love 2

So, I'm rewatching BB and Gus Fring has just been introduced.  So far, all we know is he's careful and he owns 14 Los Pollos Hermanos branches.  (Whether he owns the whole franchise is unclear.)  

He initially turned Walt down because Jesse showed up to the meet late and high.

The odd thing is -- I don't really consider Jesse a junkie.  He seems to go through bouts of really bad binge-ing and then spends quite a long time clean.  He didn't use heroin until Jessica Jones showed up.  (At least not that I was aware of or that the series made a big issue of.)

TMI:  I'm an 8-year sober alcoholic and I can tell you, by the end of my drinking, I could barely move for months on end.  Jesse is no where near that and hasn't ever been in the series BB so far.

Edited by Captanne
  • Love 2