Type keyword(s) to search

5B: Best season of television? (one problem)

Ok, so I know this is old news, and probably not the hottest of topics, but I'm almost done rewatching this achievement of a television series from the beginning. I used to think that it had the best last three episodes in the history of the medium, but I've changed my mind. I think it's an even greater achievement, like they need to invent a new category of awards for it type of achievement. It closes with eight incredible episodes, each of which have jaw dropping endings and insane tension from start to finish. Just for a refresher:

• Blood Money: Sets up the long game of Walt no longer Heisenberg in the cold open, then picks up where 5A left off with Hank coming out of the bathroom. Jesse's starting to break down over Mike's death and trying to get rid of his money (which is what Walt called it when Jesse asked for it last year), closes with Walt and Hank in Hank's garage.
  • Buried: starts with Walter and Hank in Hank's driveway, then Hank and Skyler in the restaurant. Walt has to hide the evidence (which is just the money). Todd's uncle and his gang get involved. Ends with Hank and Jesse in the interrogation room.
  • Confessions: has the incredible Mexican restaurant scene, Walt's story about Hank on the DVD, an amazing scene where Hank realizes he's fucked because Marie took the money for his treatment, not to mention the scene where Jesse and Walt meet in the desert and Jesse says :will you just STOP WORKING ME for ten seconds!" when Walt convinces him to leave town. Ends with Jesse pouring gasoline into the White's house after he figures out at the very last second what Walt did to Brock and who else was involved.
  • Rabid Dog: Walt tries to avoid the obvious conclusion to Jesse's story (Skyler's famous "What's one more?"), and Hank captures Jesse. He gets him to confess to everything and then comes up with the plan to get Walt.
  • Tohajiilee: no words needed, but Hank and Jesse figure out how to get Walt, only to have it all end really poorly.
  • Ozymandias: might be the best episode in the series, and the most properly titles. Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
  • Granite State: tiny breather, Walt's in hiding and on his way to death.
  • Felina.

So what's the one problem?

There's no way all of these events happened in less than two years total. It's so frustrating because if they'd just changed that birthday he has from 51 to 52, and then the one in the diner to 53 instead of 52, it makes a little more sense. It would have taken months to close the carwash sale to Skyler, and Walt's 80 million dollars would have been much more believeable over that time frame. Really it should have been longer. 

Anyway, Miss you, Breaking bad. 

• Love 3
On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 8:34 AM, Uncle JUICE said:

There's no way all of these events happened in less than two years total. It's so frustrating because if they'd just changed that birthday he has from 51 to 52, and then the one in the diner to 53 instead of 52, it makes a little more sense. It would have taken months to close the carwash sale to Skyler, and Walt's 80 million dollars would have been much more believeable over that time frame. Really it should have been longer. 

Yeah, the fact that the whole BB story line takes place in two years is ridiculous.  The being said, it is a minor nitpick in a brilliant series.  I at first thought they made a big mistake telling us from the very beginning that Walt makes it to his 52nd birthday, but in hindsight it was the right thing to do.  However, knowing that Walter was going to live at least another year did take away a little bit of the tension and suspense.

On 5/2/2017 at 8:34 AM, Uncle JUICE said:

Ok, so I know this is old news, and probably not the hottest of topics, but I'm almost done rewatching this achievement of a television series from the beginning. I used to think that it had the best last three episodes in the history of the medium, but I've changed my mind. I think it's an even greater achievement, like they need to invent a new category of awards for it type of achievement. It closes with eight incredible episodes, each of which have jaw dropping endings and insane tension from start to finish. Just for a refresher:

• Blood Money: Sets up the long game of Walt no longer Heisenberg in the cold open, then picks up where 5A left off with Hank coming out of the bathroom. Jesse's starting to break down over Mike's death and trying to get rid of his money (which is what Walt called it when Jesse asked for it last year), closes with Walt and Hank in Hank's garage.
  • Buried: starts with Walter and Hank in Hank's driveway, then Hank and Skyler in the restaurant. Walt has to hide the evidence (which is just the money). Todd's uncle and his gang get involved. Ends with Hank and Jesse in the interrogation room.
  • Confessions: has the incredible Mexican restaurant scene, Walt's story about Hank on the DVD, an amazing scene where Hank realizes he's fucked because Marie took the money for his treatment, not to mention the scene where Jesse and Walt meet in the desert and Jesse says :will you just STOP WORKING ME for ten seconds!" when Walt convinces him to leave town. Ends with Jesse pouring gasoline into the White's house after he figures out at the very last second what Walt did to Brock and who else was involved.
  • Rabid Dog: Walt tries to avoid the obvious conclusion to Jesse's story (Skyler's famous "What's one more?"), and Hank captures Jesse. He gets him to confess to everything and then comes up with the plan to get Walt.
  • Tohajiilee: no words needed, but Hank and Jesse figure out how to get Walt, only to have it all end really poorly.
  • Ozymandias: might be the best episode in the series, and the most properly titles. Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
  • Granite State: tiny breather, Walt's in hiding and on his way to death.
  • Felina.

So what's the one problem?

Anyway, Miss you, Breaking bad. 

I'm not sure if the timeline was unrealistic.  At 100 pounds per week, Walt would be netting roughly $3 million per week.  In about 6 months he would have $80 million.  If he was doing 200 lbs it would take only 3 months.  

• Love 2