Type keyword(s) to search

Who was the killer in season 3 opener?

POLL OPEN

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Who killed Kiera?

Note: This question is based on the U.S. airing schedule knowledge--unless it hasn't yet been resolved by the Canadian aired episodes either. *Sigh* Why does this note make me feel like a wedge-lagged time traveler?

I get confused easily about what is what on this show these days. Could time traveled Alec have shot Kiera to prevent her from doing something that would cause Emily's death? He might not have liked doing it, but have been okay with it since there was another Kiera.

Or have we seen a look on his face that clearly shows he does not know who killed her and/or that she had been killed?

I'm adding other options as requested.

Edited by shapeshifter

I don't think it's anyone on that list (I'm leaning towards Escher at the moment but can't really lay my finger on why).  It's funny though; at the end of the season premiere I somehow came away with the idea that Keira shot herself, as it were.  Obviously this was cleared up in subsequent episodes but in the moment I was utterly shocked and really intrigued by the idea.  ALso amusing, I think of the Keiras as numbered the other way around.  The Keira who is still alive is 1.0 to me and the one who got killed is 2.0. 

I voted other. But let's look at the facts. 

Keira was shot by someone who knows guns. One bullet right through the center of the forehead. No mess. I think that rules out the Alecs, at least the versions that we know and probably Jason, too. Why was she in the lab? She was holding the time travel pieces when she was shot, or they would not have ended up under the cabinet. But the shooter wasn't trying to get the pieces or he/she would have taken them. I think that rules out Escher and Kellog, and probably all the Freelancers, too. Too bad. A Freelancer would have gotten my vote. One of the remaining Liber8 members is a possibility. Garza, Sonya or Travis is a possibility.

I'm betting it is somebody that we know, but who has not had a lot of screen time yet so we don't know their motive. Some characters who have fallen off the radar are: Elena (what happened to her body? Did she get reanimated?) Jaworski? I think Julian or one of his followers is a possibility. Emily is too, although if she did it, she hid any surprise at seeing Keira alive well.

I think my vote goes for one of Julian's followers.

(edited)

Couch Sweet Potato, I added more that you suggested, even though I too had ruled them out for similar reasons, just in case there are time travel effects that we didn't consider.

Are you able to change your vote to one of Julian's followers?

If not, I could try eliminating the None of the Above category to see if it lets you make a new selection.

Edited by shapeshifter

I didn't bother voting, but it has to be someone who knew about Alec's lab. I don't remember if Julian knows about it. If he does, then either he or one of his followers could have done it. If not, then I don't see why any of them would have been there. Of course, they could have followed Keira there, but it's very dangerous to follow a seasoned cop around - especially after your group held her hostage. I would have a difficult time believing that they were able to "get the drop on her."

I didn't bother voting, but it has to be someone who knew about Alec's lab.

It seems like it has to be someone who knows about the time travel (both Liber8 and Keira in the original time line and possibly now Alec and Keira again in the new one), too, although I cant really explain why I'm thinking that way.  How long after the creation of the new timeline is Keira killed?  It just doesn't seem like there was enough time for Alec coming back to make everything go that haywire.  I keep trying to think of a time a week before Emliy's death that Keira might have gone to the lab that we actually saw last season.  Maybe time travel Alec was there trying to do something, got spotted by her and panicked?

I think it could be Garza. Her relationship with future!Alec is still hazey. She's his fail safe. We don't know what he's instructed her to do.

My second guess is one of the Freelancers. They only wanted to deal with the Kiera they'd already come to an agreement with.

Edited by greenbean

Sometimes this show reminds me of "The Mask of the Sun", by Fred Saberhagen.

There's a timeline in which the incas became the world civilization. They invent time travel and begin exploring other timelines. They find an adjacent one that's dominated by aztecs and things pretty quickly escalate to war. This european world we live in is the consequence of both sides managing to cut each other off at the roots, with the aid of a few hundred spaniards. Complicating things is a gold mask from the far, far future that can controlling probability. At one point it is in two different places at once, having doubled back on its own history, possibly to change it.

And i wonder if the last wedge is present more than once right now, and if so, what effect would it have on the operation of the time ball.

(edited)

Sometimes this show reminds me of "The Mask of the Sun", by Fred Saberhagen.

And i wonder if the last wedge is present more than once right now, and if so, what effect would it have on the operation of the time ball.

Well, there could be a second Chocolate Orange (the original time piece always reminds me of those Terrys brand candies that I always see, at my local Dollar General Store, around Christmas time ) because of the Red Alec but didn't we see him bury it in the park? So, if there is two of them, than someone else has the other one and can time travel.

Personally, I still think that the killer is Carlos and this is what making him all emo, dark, and carrying a flask around.

Terrys-Chocolate-Orange.jpg

Edited by TVSpectator
  • Love 1

It was something like "who killed Kiera?"

I wonder if they started with Curtis killing her then rethought it all, "nah, that's not very interesting, let's create an amnesiac time-traveling love interest and have it be him!"

Although I personally liked it being Curtis because hey, she killed him too. Turnabout is fair play.

I wonder if they started with Curtis killing her then rethought it all, "nah, that's not very interesting, let's create an amnesiac time-traveling love interest and have it be him!"

Although I personally liked it being Curtis because hey, she killed him too. Turnabout is fair play.

Hmmm...so maybe Kiera will have to kill Brad?

Hmmm...so maybe Kiera will have to kill Brad?

I can't say I'd hate that. He's not exactly blowing my skirt up. I really hate his haircut and beard, it looks terrible. On the other hand Kiera needs to get laid so...

• Love 1