Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E13: The Box

3 hours ago, MSterling said:

My only "Oh my god!" moment of this season is realizing Counselor Troi was a general.

Ah, to me she was the leader of Mossad from NCIS.  Her accent was so weird...it was a like something of Middle Eastern heritage raised in Mississippi....southern fried Hebrew. WTH??

• Love 1
On 2017-05-05 at 11:44 AM, mwell345 said:

Jake (I don't even know what he does anymore except kill people, and yet there he is in the Situtation Room -  might as well give Huck a cabinet position)

Isn't Jake still the head of the NSA?

On May 5, 2017 at 1:21 PM, mwell345 said:

Could we be so lucky?

An yet Fitz sits down with him, pours him a drink and they chat away like they're best buds.   I get that he felt like he needed Rowan to get to the bad guys, but - how could he even stand to be in the same room with the person that killed his SON??????  That's quite a stretch...oh, but this is Scandal.  Never mind.

Don't forget the part where Eli has the gall to tell Fitz he doesn't know what it's like to have the threat of his child being murdered, and he couldn't know the pain he's gone through. And after Fitz doesn't react to that he TELLS ELI HE ADMIRES HIM. FFS. Are the writers drunk? Do they even try to remember what happened in previous episodes?

Speaking of which, I laughed at myself, because when Fitz was talking about how he negotiated with the terrorists who kidnapped Olivia, I realized I have no recollection at all as to who kidnapped her and what was the motivation behind it.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Bubbles said:

He is.

One would think that he would have resigned his position as head of the one intelligence agency that makes the CIA look good when he was chosen by Mellie as her VP. But then I remember, this is Scandal, where Cyrus just gets to hang around the White House and pitch in during a national emergency, despite not having a position, and just recently being released from prison. 

Would it really be possible to deploy weaponized drones across the US like that? If so, why hasn't it happened already?

Ditto comments upthread, this is going to turn out to be somebody's dream sequence, right? Because otherwise, how does Scandal continue to operate in a universe where several major cities have been attacked by terrorism at the same time? The country would've descended into mass domestic hysteria in short order, especially given how much of the populace is armed. People would've been shooting those drones out of the sky and no one would've been able to stop them. Or some hackers from obscure Eastern European locations would've figured out how to move them to other places like over the Google, Microsoft, Facebook, and Amazon offices.

For me, the only way they can halfway salvage this mess is for Mellie to realize how woefully unqualified she is and how much she's just not up for dealing with this shit. She'd resign shortly after the inauguration and Mrs. Vargas would take the helm. There'd still be a female president and one who's a POC to boot. I'm willing to hand-wave away Mrs. Vargas' lack of qualifications if it prevents any of the regular team of self-serving ass-clowns from having the precious Oval.

Are the writers drunk? Do they even try to remember what happened in previous episodes?

No, they think the viewers are, and no, we're the ones who are supposed to forget what happened in previous episodes. Continuity? Who cares?

Nobody's cootie-cat (which is what we used to call it back in the day) it that good!

It's interesting to me how Shonda apparently thinks that one of the heights of Black Woman Achievement is getting to fcuk the White president (who may or may not be married) inside the White House. Olivia, the FBI director, maybe others we didn't get to see. Wonder if we'll ever find out what that's all about?

• Love 3

I'm just flabbergasted at this terrible storyline. I actually thought it could be interesting at first, but then it was literally the same damn footage over and over again for like six episodes. Just different camera angles. And it really was just a bunch of nothingness. All to lead to this terrible ending, pointing out that this storyline could have been solved in 2 seconds flat and was dragged out for so long. I mean.. this was their best solution for KWs pregnancy? This storyline? Really? I just can't.

• Love 1
(edited)

There's not much I can add. This season has been a waste. All it leads up to...the gang killing the bad guys? Something they could have done several episodes prior?

It would've been so much better if they just played the political intrigue and kept out this random nefarious group. I would much rather had a stand-off between Cyrus and Mellie for the presidency after Vargas died. Hell, even make Vargas' death a mystery that lingers throughout the season. 

I just don't see how any of these terrible people thought that the buck stopped with Peus and Annoying Girl. Consequences will happen.

Edited by xander874
On 5/5/2017 at 1:09 PM, rebeccalj said:

I could not agree more.  I hated her mom's voice and I hate hers as well. 

I found Laurie Metcalf's voice to fit her role on Roseanne. I haven't seen her in anything else. It seems like her Zoe Perry's voice sounds more Aunt Jackie-ish than even Aunt Jackie. Maybe because she's supposed to be a scary killer that it seems out of place. I dunno. It just grates. 

On 5/6/2017 at 0:09 PM, Bubbles said:

When it's convenient. Otherwise it's not mentioned. 

On 5/6/2017 at 2:48 PM, reggiejax said:

He is.

One would think that he would have resigned his position as head of the one intelligence agency that makes the CIA look good when he was chosen by Mellie as her VP. But then I remember, this is Scandal, where Cyrus just gets to hang around the White House and pitch in during a national emergency, despite not having a position, and just recently being released from prison. 

He's head of NSA when it's convenient for him to be around in the public eye. The rest of the time he's free to work as a consultant to OPA. Cyrus being there is even weirder. 

On 5/6/2017 at 10:22 AM, slade3 said:

This bothered me, too. He was just standing on her "grave" in the previous episode, trashing her with Jake.

Did I miss this? 

On 5/6/2017 at 8:50 AM, PsychoDrone said:

This!!  Actually, they should have went with the original idea with Mellie as president and moved on from there.  Who cares that Hillary lost?  Why should that have any bearing on a television show.  We just want to see compelling stories, in spite of what is happening in real life.

The first sign that this season was going to be ridiculous was when the election came down to California.  California?!?!?  Talk about unbelievable.  When was the last time that state went for a republican?  Reagan?  Or, has it been a battleground state to decide an election?  Maybe it has and I just don't know.  Regardless, from there the show went downhill and stupidity escalated.

It's not like this show is steeped in reality. They definitely should have just gone with their original idea and skipped all this nonsense. 

• Love 1
On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 8:50 AM, PsychoDrone said:

The first sign that this season was going to be ridiculous was when the election came down to California.  California?!?!?  Talk about unbelievable.  When was the last time that state went for a republican?  Reagan?  Or, has it been a battleground state to decide an election?  Maybe it has and I just don't know.  Regardless, from there the show went downhill and stupidity escalated.

I'm still bothered by this and it's been months since they revealed that detail. The show likes to ignore political parties and the reality of all that as much as possible but come on! Mellie is a Republican and while she may have lived there with Fitz, she's not even from California. I cannot and will not believe a Latino Democrat wouldn't run away with California in a landslide. 

• Love 1
On 5/16/2017 at 10:46 AM, love2lovebadtv said:

Did I miss this? 

Maybe? The episode before, Jake called David to a wooded area to discuss Liz. David said "Where is she?" and Jake said, "You're standing on her." And then Jake said he thought David might want to say something. I don't remember what was said, but  David didn't really have words and Jake just said "Yeah she didn't care about anybody" or something like that. David did note that she cared about her daughter. So David didn't say anything outright trashy, as far as I can remember, but he and Jake weren't exactly respectful.