Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E19: Alex

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

They have showed more of Kara's elitist attitude this season. First, with James becoming a superhero, then with Mon-El and his attempt to be a superhero but also judging him right off the bat for being a Daxamite, and now with this whole Maggie situation. So at least they have set this issue up. 

For sure it was an elitist attitude with James, though she couched it with her fear he could get hurt (and after seeing Winn and his girlfriend making out and ignoring The Guardian's back in the last episode, I can see why).  For Mon-El it was out and out racist, as she's clearly told anyone who will listen how lazy and worthless the entire Daxam people were and how far superior Krypton was.  So yes, they've set up the issues through these characters.  But I don't feel Maggie's anger was set up at all.  She just unloaded on Kara.  We've seen Maggie a little bit as a cop, but for 95% of her on-screen time she's been playing pool and knocking back liquor at the local alien watering hole.  If just once during that time she'd had even a 30 second conversation with Kara addressing this or made a comment to Alex that it's irritating how Supergirl tramples all over investigations in progress, I might have been able to accept her anger and frustration.

• Love 3

I think Maggie had a very valid point. Yes, Supergirl can charge in and make life easier for police, but her forcefulness, as Maggie pointed out, could lead to a defense that could free the people they were arresting in the first place. Alex said Supergirl is great for taking care of things that regular humans could not-big evil aliens-or to come in an fix situations that have gotten far beyond what humans could fix (stopping a raging wildfire, for example), but swooping in and doing the cops' jobs for them, because she's bored and doesn't have any bigger fish to catch, could get annoying with the local cop force real fast. So I don't think Maggie was out of line for pointing this out. I don't think it's been the first time such an incident happened where Supergirl swooped in to do their jobs for them. Predictably enough, Kara's headstrong attitude almost cost her sister her life.  She has to learn there are some problems where less is more is required.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, immortalfrieza said:

The very fact that Maggie took 17 hours just to get the point where she was even beginning to get those bank robbers talked down is proof Maggie was getting nowhere, the fact that she didn't bring in SWAT or arrange for any other means to resolve the situation after that long also shows that she was too arrogant to recognize that she wasn't getting anywhere. In OUR world, dozen hour negotiations like that are necessary because other options are riskier if not completely unfeasible, that's not the case here. It would take all of 5 seconds at any point in those 17 hours for those bank robbers have started shooting hostages dead, just to show they weren't playing around or just because they're psycho, or whatever, it was INCREDIBLY lucky for Maggie and those hostages that they didn't lose their patience. Then Supergirl showed up and deals with the whole situation in seconds with no casualties so Maggie redirected her own self loathing and jealousy over the fact that she didn't accomplish anything even after all that time onto Kara.

Simple, because Supergirl possibly can't be everywhere in National City all at the same time, (which is probably the reason why Supergirl didn't stop those robbers 5 minutes in to the 17 hours) and even if she could would be really wrong of everybody to expect her to do everything for them. However, when Supergirl DOES show up to help, solves the issue with no problem whatsoever like she did with the bank robbers this episode, the appropriate reaction is "thanks! Good job Supergirl!" not contempt over the fact that she found the time to fix their inability to do anything to solve the problem or at least the very slow progress they were making to solving it. Even if they can solve the problem quickly and easily the reaction should still  their reaction still should be appreciation rather than contempt.

You wouldn't have any right to be pissed though, mildly miffed maybe but not really pissed off. In my scenario you've made it very very clear that you aren't getting anywhere and possibly never will, are unwilling to accept that, and are refusing to bring in help to finish the project after it's become clear that you can't. Whoever the boss is in this situation would have to be unbelievably incompetent NOT to bring somebody else in to get some fresh eyes on the problem, even if you did perfectly competently and still ended up in that situation it's still entirely on you. If you're majorly pissed about the fact that someone shows up to fix a project that you couldn't possibly make more clear you are making barely if any progress at all on, you've just looking for someone to blame for your own failures and are still unwilling to acknowledge them and so you have an excuse not to strive to be better. Even if the only reason said person succeeded where you failed is because they happen to among the pinnacle of human ability that you could never possibly reach, that's still not this person's fault, if anything it's yours for taking the project in the first place and your boss' fault for putting you on the project when you weren't enough for it, even if at the time neither of you could have anticipated that you wouldn't get anywhere.

I think Maggie was pretty clear that it wasn't a jealousy/contempt thing.  Superheros are necessary in situations where you have the big bad alien or monster about to tear the city apart and it's a catastrophic emergency.  But for your standard human crimes, try and let the humans deal with it.  Like she said, property damage has to be paid for (at taxpayer expense), injuries to the criminals by a known vigilante leads to legal issues that could end up with them getting released.  Real life hostage situations often take a long time to hash out, as you even said.  Just because Maggie had been out there for 17 hours doesn't mean that she was failing.  She was about to get them to release people, it seemed.  Her message to Supergirl was, let us take care of if, if we think we need you we'll ask.  As for her not bringing in SWAT, etc., seriously, come on.  This is not a police procedural or some realistic portrayal of law enforcement work like The Wire.  She's not being arrogant, she is behaving exactly the way a cop behaves in a fantasy show where cops don't follow realistic procedures.  You're holding her up to the standard of a completely different genre.  It's a super hero show for crying out loud.  Do you want this show to be realistic?  The American military would be involved in most episodes taking over in all these alien threat situations, J'onn would never be allowed to run the DEO, and Supergirl would be sidelined while the government brought in the warships, Apache helicopters, and stealth bombers.  But who wants realism here?

• Love 2

Buried in there among what looked like whining from Maggie was the point that when Supergirl comes in and roughs up these guys and breaks their arms, their lawyers get them off on reduced charges or or even off entirely.  What's the point of Supergirl stopping that robbery or hostage taking when her actions make it possible for the bad guys to turn around and do it again?  Because it makes Kara feel superior?

Maybe it's Mon El rubbing off on Kara but I'm on completely Maggie's side -- it's sheer arrogance to take over doing what someone else has been doing just because you can do it faster because you have superpowers.  It makes Kara very unattractive to me.  Save the planet from other aliens but don't jump in and do other people's jobs just because it makes you feel like you're being a hero.  Between telling James what he can and can't do, and jumping in and taking over Maggie's job just because she can, and the whole Kara/Mon El teen romance, I'm not liking Kara much this season.

On the other hand, when you found out where your foster sister is being held and is in danger of losing her life, don't want for Maggie to drive over.  It's okay to fly to where Alex is and save her.  When Supergirl walked into the warehouse with Maggie and kept walking until she heard Alex and then only then put on her super-speed, it was just  ridiculous.  Why didn't she fly to save Alex as soon as she found the location?

On theplus side, there was minimal Mon El, which is a good thing. But even with that he still managed to annoy with his remarks about his personal experience of being a superhero.

• Love 2

This plot would have made a lot more sense if the bad guy had either been a rogue DEO employee or they'd at least hinted at him being backed by Cadmus or Rhea or something.

Some otherwise normal guy who knew Kara when she was a kid being able to counter the Martian Manhunter's telepathy with no explanation of how, knowing half the stuff he knew about the DEO and MM, having access to all sorts of tech and the ability to beat/fool DEO hacker teams, an underground bunker with an expensive flooding cell, ect ... It's just ridiculous.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

On the other hand, when you found out where your foster sister is being held and is in danger of losing her life, don't want for Maggie to drive over.  It's okay to fly to where Alex is and save her.  When Supergirl walked into the warehouse with Maggie and kept walking until she heard Alex and then only then put on her super-speed, it was just  ridiculous.  Why didn't she fly to save Alex as soon as she found the location?

I'm under the impression that Supergirl flew Maggie to the location and despite knowing that time was of the essence, they just walked in until Kara saw Alex.

Why bring Maggie into what might be Insane Deathtrap #3? Or just walk around the warehouse rather than fly?

Who knows?

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Dobian said:

I think Maggie was pretty clear that it wasn't a jealousy/contempt thing.  Superheros are necessary in situations where you have the big bad alien or monster about to tear the city apart and it's a catastrophic emergency.  But for your standard human crimes, try and let the humans deal with it. 

I just remembered that Maggie is supposed to be with the Science Police, the division chartered with dealing with aliens and metahumans.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Yes! Yes he did. And while playing Lex, he also provided the voice for Wally West/Flash on Justice League/Justice League Unlimited!??

I have no idea who that is.  :)

• Love 3

I just want to point out that Mon-El exited Alex's apartment while carrying two pieces of pizza, which I found hilarious.  He should be comic relief who occasionally gets beat up to show that the villain is a legitimate threat to Supergirl.

• Love 7

Why didn't Rick use his amazing geniuspowers to just break his father out in the first place? I mean, his dad's just a regular criminal, right? So you'd have regular law agencies chasing you, but... wouldn't they be looking for him anyway, no matter who breaks him out? And at least you wouldn't have pissed off the DEO. Shit, maybe at least come up with a plan that doesn't involve two victims that can ID you! How'd he get the drop on Alex so easily anyway? Is he also a ninja? Boy, I think at this point you are more than qualified to arrange a jailbreak by yourself. Everything else was just really overcomplicating it.

• Love 10

Good episode overall.

As for the Maggie vs. Kara debate, sorry Maggie.  I like you, but your argument is fatally flawed here.  You couldn't get the job done, or even close to being done in 17 HOURS.  Also you didn't bring any kind of real backup with you in case things went south, so you look flat-out incompetent there.

Kara, resolved things within seconds with ZERO casualties.  Sorry Maggie, you lose.

This ties into a larger beef that I have with superhero stuff trying to do these "realistic" debates about collateral damaged, property damage, etc.  The universe, are just not set up for that very well, and I doubt that the original creators were thinking about that back in the day.  These worlds AREN'T REALISTCI!!  There's no many extreme, out of the ordinary stuff that happens in these universes for the "realistic" arguments to have the same affect.

I have this problem with the comics, I had it with Captain America: Civil War, I had it with Batman v. Superman, and I have it here.  Squared peg round hole and all that stuff.

• Love 5

I enjoyed this episode, but boy was Kara getting on my last nerve.  I kind of thought she'd already learned the "rushing in headlong without a plan is a bad idea" lesson back in season 1 when she and Barry Allen were facing off against Livewire and Silver Banshee.  Sure, the stakes were higher and she was operating on emotion, but I thought Maggie was completely right to the point where anytime Maggie was in a scene interrogating someone I wondered "why, other than so she can do something stupid, is Kara in the room with her?"  And every time, she indeed did something stupid.

My irritation then turned to disgust when the writers had to pull a role-reversal and have Maggie go break the father out of jail and Kara provide the rational solution.  And on top of it, Maggie practically apologized for her actions, and Kara didn't!  From the way their last scene was acted I got the impression that Super Impulsive Girl learned nothing.

On the good side, I really enjoyed Alex's actions.  I wondered what the hell she was doing with her pants, then realized it was really clever.  Though I am curious how sweaty and uncomfortable those pants would be to wear in normal situations if they're airtight.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, CletusMusashi said:

Why didn't Rick use his amazing geniuspowers to just break his father out in the first place? I mean, his dad's just a regular criminal, right? So you'd have regular law agencies chasing you, but... wouldn't they be looking for him anyway, no matter who breaks him out? And at least you wouldn't have pissed off the DEO. Shit, maybe at least come up with a plan that doesn't involve two victims that can ID you! How'd he get the drop on Alex so easily anyway? Is he also a ninja? Boy, I think at this point you are more than qualified to arrange a jailbreak by yourself. Everything else was just really overcomplicating it.

I suppose part of his genius superplan might be that Supergirl/DEO would help him cover his tracks lest he go to prison with a bunch of people who might be interested in knowing that Kara Danvers is Supergirl and has a mom and sister to squeeze for leverage.

As to how Rick got the drop on Alex, I can buy that Alex was distracted and upset about the Kara/Maggie feud, so was easily waylaid by chloroform, tranqs or some such in the elevator.

On another front, among the many people Kara listed with possible knowledge of her secret identity was Lillian Luthor. Was that actually established on-screen that Lillian knows, or was Kara just assuming that Lillian knows because Jeremiah knows and Jeremiah was Lillian's captive for X-amount of time? Lillian sure didn't seem willing to exploit that knowledge as far as I know.

And now that I think about it, isn't it strange that J'onn couldn't read Rick's mind, but he can still wipe it?

And I think it's worth mentioning, it's sort of sketchy wiping his mind. Especially when you factor in that at least one person who J'onn tried mind-wiping (a guard at Lord Technologies who became aware that J'onn had broken in) ended up with mental damage from a far more simple wipe. Here, you pretty much would have to erase a good portion of the last year of his life involved in plotting this, as well as his memories from when he was a teen learning that Kara had powers and more recently learning that she was Supergirl.

Some of you might remember the mini-series Identity Crisis, which was about DC superheroes potentially having their secret IDs exposed and which brought out the notion that they were doing mind-wipes on the regular. That series articulated the point of view pretty well that doing so is not a clear-cut moral decision.

• Love 3

Lillian must know Kara is Supergirl because of both Jeremiah and the real Hank Henshaw. Real Hank Henshaw knows that the Danvers adopted a blonde Kryptonian girl named Kara 13 years ago...even without Jeremiah, Cadmus would have to be colossally stupid to not know Kara is Supergirl. (And, by extension, Clark is Superman, really.)

I'm glad the writers have acknowledged that Cadmus must know Kara's ID, but it absolutely begs the question of why Cadmus hasn't done anything with the information.

• Love 5

I just assumed that the guy got the drop on Alex because he's her old friend from high school, and he just invited her to come to his place to have coffee and catch up or something and he drugged her drink or went to hug her hello and stuck her with a needle.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, stealinghome said:

I'm glad the writers have acknowledged that Cadmus must know Kara's ID, but it absolutely begs the question of why Cadmus hasn't done anything with the information.

What could they do with it, really? I mean, maybe out her publicly, but since this is a world where aliens can get drivers licenses and walk the streets openly I'm not sure too many people would care that much. They're better off with a chunk of kryptonite if they want to stop Kara.

As for the initial reason for Kara and Maggie's argument, Kara started it by just crashing into the bank, apparently with no real awareness or consideration for what was going on except "bank robbery!" Had she flown down to Maggie and asked if she could help first things might have gone differently. The fly in and crack heads, ask questions later thing is fine when lives are imminently at stake, but they didn't seem to be here. And the tension at dinner wasn't helped by Mon-El being such an insensitive twit. Unless he WANTED them to fight for some reason.

I still don't get how Rick defeated J'onn's telepathy. Was it explained and I just missed it? I mean, I know in a plot like this reading the guy's mind to find out where Alex is would have ended the episode pretty quickly but that seems like an important point to just gloss over.

And I continue to wonder about Rick's end game. Even if he succeeded in getting his father out of jail and the two of them escaped, did he really think there was anywhere in the world he could hide from Kara and the DEO? Especially if Alex had died?

(edited)
1 hour ago, Perfect Xero said:

I just assumed that the guy got the drop on Alex because he's her old friend from high school, and he just invited her to come to his place to have coffee and catch up or something and he drugged her drink or went to hug her hello and stuck her with a needle.

Yeah, it's easy for me to imagine a preoccupied Alex--who feels safe in her own apartment building and so who is totally NOT on her guard--wouldn't be hard to stick with a needle, especially since Rick was behind her in the elevator to begin with.

If this was a better show, it would be interesting to see Alex have to deal with the psychological consequences of being stalked and drugged/kidnapped from her own apartment building, but we all know the show will never really delve into it.

What could they do with it, really? I mean, maybe out her publicly, but since this is a world where aliens can get drivers licenses and walk the streets openly I'm not sure too many people would care that much. They're better off with a chunk of kryptonite if they want to stop Kara.

I mean, outing her publicly would still be massively inconvenient and hurt Kara psychologically, not to mention put Alex and Eliza at significantly more risk. Every crazy who hates aliens would go after them. 

I agree that the secret ID isn't as important as it was last season, but it's still not nothing.

Edited by stealinghome
  • Love 4

Even with the admittedly large plot contrivances, I enjoyed this episode a lot.

Despite appearances, I still have faith in Lena. In large part because of the appearance of Chekhov's fingerprint scanner.

Kudos to Chyler in this episode. Not only did she do her usual fine job of making Alex a badass, she did it while standing/swimming in water half the episode. That must have really sucked during filming.

• Love 7
On 2017-05-04 at 0:02 AM, Perfect Xero said:

This plot would have made a lot more sense if the bad guy had either been a rogue DEO employee or they'd at least hinted at him being backed by Cadmus or Rhea or something.

Some otherwise normal guy who knew Kara when she was a kid being able to counter the Martian Manhunter's telepathy with no explanation of how, knowing half the stuff he knew about the DEO and MM, having access to all sorts of tech and the ability to beat/fool DEO hacker teams, an underground bunker with an expensive flooding cell, ect ... It's just ridiculous.

As ridiculous as the Riddler in the video-game Batman: Arkham Knight constructing billions of dollars worth of racing arenas throughout Gotham just for Batman's pleasure? Nah, sorry, no one can top it.

8 hours ago, xaxat said:

Despite appearances, I still have faith in Lena. In large part because of the appearance of Chekhov's fingerprint scanner.

Everyone always says she's morally grey, or looks shady, but I still haven't seen it. Has she done anything actually bad, or even close to bad, yet? Even in this episode, she was working with Rhea because she wants to feed the hungry and solve climate change. I mean. The girl's a saint.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Cranberry said:

Everyone always says she's morally grey, or looks shady, but I still haven't seen it. Has she done anything actually bad, or even close to bad, yet? Even in this episode, she was working with Rhea because she wants to feed the hungry and solve climate change. I mean. The girl's a saint.

The way she shot Corben in the first episode struck me as shady. It read like the secret villain mastermind silencing the henchman before he could talk to the heroes.

• Love 1

I think the writers early on did a really good job of creating situations for Lena that could go either way--that could show that she was shady OR that could show she was sincere. Shooting Corbin was one; I remember the alien tester being another, and something in the gala episode being a third. However, ITA with Cranberry that in 2B, there's been basically nothing shady about Lena; she's been solidly on the side of good, if a little more devious than Our Heroes usually are. I do expect them to make her more truly gray in S3 though. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I dunno, I kinda got a bit of a vanity vibe from Lena in this episode, like harkening back to her wanting the name Luthorcorp to be associated with good things again. She dislikes that whenever hears the name Luthor they think something bad, so her having control over this teleportation technology that will change the world and having that associated with her name would change that. But it was a minor thing and not really that much more selfish than let's say James pushing for positive Guardian stories in the paper. 

I was on Maggie's side of the argument in the beginning mostly. I think Kara had some fair points too but she came off as kinda snotty the way she just ran off from the dinner just because she didn't like what she was hearing. I don't think that Kara was necessarily wrong to defeat the bankrobbers, but she acted very stuck up about it and it made her look kinda shallow with her not knowing that a lot of the guys she defeats use the "Supergirl defense" not to be charged. Like she just arrests them and then has no interest in what happens to them after that. => But as others have said, several different characters have accused Kara of variations of this this season, so I think it's an intentional thing that the writers are following and that will pay off in some way eventually. (I still think that it will come in the form of Rhea coming back to bite them in the behind and Kara kicking herself for underestimating her. She first underestimated her when she went to negotiate with her and Rhea showed up with Kryptonite and then they underestimated her again by assuming she would just leave in peace). 

Count me in in not getting how J'onn can mindwipe but not mindread somebody. Especially since in the end it turned out that the father did have an idea of where the secret location would be. So even if the main badguy had somehow magically trained himself not to be read, J'onn could just have read the father. Also, that must be one huge mindwipe, since he's basically taking the entire last year where that guy stalked Alex, plus stuff that goes back to his childhood. 

I thought Floriana Lima did an excellent job in this episode and so did the two guest stars. 

Really enjoyed Kara's inspirational speech. I don't want sermonizing in every episode, but every once in a while is fun. 

I liked the episode, but I don't get the best episode ever praise for it, it has too many plot contrivances for that for my taste. 

Edited by tofutan
  • Love 3
On 5/4/2017 at 1:15 PM, Chicago Redshirt said:

And I think it's worth mentioning, it's sort of sketchy wiping his mind. Especially when you factor in that at least one person who J'onn tried mind-wiping (a guard at Lord Technologies who became aware that J'onn had broken in) ended up with mental damage from a far more simple wipe. Here, you pretty much would have to erase a good portion of the last year of his life involved in plotting this, as well as his memories from when he was a teen learning that Kara had powers and more recently learning that she was Supergirl.

J'onn has learned from the accident with the security guard.  He's honed and refined his mind-wiping abilities to the point that he can now use them with the precision of a surgeon using a scalpel or a laser, not a serial killer using a chain saw.  In other words, he can now simply erase all knowledge of Kara's secret identity from Rick's mind while leaving all of Rick's other memories intact, including the moment when Alex decked him after he had been captured ("Make sure he remembers that." "With pleasure.")

• Love 1
1 hour ago, legaleagle53 said:

J'onn has learned from the accident with the security guard.  He's honed and refined his mind-wiping abilities to the point that he can now use them with the precision of a surgeon using a scalpel or a laser, not a serial killer using a chain saw.  In other words, he can now simply erase all knowledge of Kara's secret identity from Rick's mind while leaving all of Rick's other memories intact, including the moment when Alex decked him after he had been captured ("Make sure he remembers that." "With pleasure.")

This seems like a bit more suspending of disbelief than I can handle. We were shown one disaster, a lot of fretting by J'onn about how he can't do the mind wipe, and then suddenly it's all good and he has perfected this skill with little to no practice whatsoever - at least, not that we have been shown and no mentions of other things going wrong as he works on the skill.

Also doesn't explain why he could "mind wipe" but not "mind read" Rick.

I think it's really hard to have a telepath as a regular on a show and not run into this issue. Typically you end up with this sort of selective telepathy that doesn't make sense but the audience is just asked to accept its inclusion/exclusion whenever it is convenient for the story.

• Love 3

Yikes that was bad.

Actually no that's unfair. Parts of the episode were good but as Chicago Redshirt pointed out a lot of the logic falls apart at the lightest touch. I also think that the total lack of build up for elements of this episode hurt it a bit - we really should have seen Maggie's issues with Kara come up before now and ideally we should have at least heard of Rick beforehand if he was as close to the Danvers sisters as the show seems to want us to feel.

I'm also sorry Rick Malverne got villainified, but I'm not surprised - the show has done it before (I'm still annoyed Siobhan Smythe went from friendly Irish punk girl to evil American office backstabber but that's an argument that sailed a long time ago.)

I'm probably alone in this but is anyone else a little creeped out by how quickly and cheerfully our heroes leapt for mindwiping? In the first season it was portrayed as a deadly serious thing to do to someone, basically a pyschic lobotomy and even if Hank is better at it now it seems the sort of thing people as moral as Kara should have issues with.

I really enjoyed this episode - logic be damned. Thought it was great that Alex figured out how to keep herself alive long enough for Kara to rescue her. Such a badass.

I like Alex/Maggie and really appreciated that Alex asked to talk to Maggie privately when she thought she was dying. 

Limited Mon-El, no James, limited Winn works for me. 

The actress playing Lena can really command the stage. I hope that they do not turn her evil. 

• Love 3

OK, while I appreciate that in this episode Alex and her relationships were front and centre, I did think Kara cam across as a little dense. First off, when she was presented with the videolink to Alex, the bad guy pushes her aside and cuts the line. Errm - how, exactly? She's super fast and super strong! I could accept if he had set it up so the feed cut off after five seconds (or better, self destruct if he didn't put in the right code, to prevent Winn tracking the signal) as part of his anti-super protocols he'd (implausibly) set up, but it seemed Kara just let him cut her off. Which was strange because she spent the rest of the episode going off half cocked and acting without thinking. Maggie definitely had a point that SHE was the expert in getting information out of criminals and her "slow and steady wins the race" approach has its merits (particularly when you don't have super powers). If anyone's keeping track, I'm on Team Maggie. Of course, IRL Maggie would now have a lot more time to spend with Alex prior to possible jail time for arranging a jailbreak for Mitchum Huntsburger, but the "I did it for  good reason!" defence seems to work on TV (just don't try it at home, kids!).

On ‎02‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 4:25 AM, thuganomics85 said:

Although, she sure was lucky that she happened to be wearing shorts that night for modesty sake, after she used her pants as a flotation device!

I liked that touch, because realistically, a government agent is going to wear sensible clothing most of the time. I might like to see Chyler Leigh in something less modest, I doubt Alex would change into something sexy just to have dinner with her sister.

On ‎02‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 5:27 AM, Lantern7 said:

"Who knows my secret? Let's see . . . there are my foster parents, Lena's mom*, everybody at the DEO . . ."

I can just see the conversation:

Maggie: Who knows you're Supergirl?

Kara: Just my family and friends!

Maggie: So that's what... ten? Twenty people?

Kara: Well, I've got 5000 friends on Facebook, but they wouldn't tell, they're my friends!

On ‎02‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 2:15 PM, Chicago Redshirt said:

2.  Rick decides to free his father using this elaborate Saw-like blackmail scheme, complete with a timer and mini-traps, anticipating most countermoves.

I would love it if Supergirl (or any other superhero) ran into a guy painting "Nice try, Supergirl!" on their roof before he could put his elaborate scheme into effect.

• Love 3

Although the visual of saving Alex by breaking the tank so that all the water and Alex flow through the room was cool ... wouldn't it have been safer to tear off the top and pull her out? My immediate though when the tank broke was, "watch out, don't get impaled by sharp shards of glass/plexiglass!!!"

• Love 4
(edited)
On 5/3/2017 at 2:02 PM, Perfect Xero said:

Yeah. I really liked this episode because the pacing was great and I liked watching both Kara and Maggie melt down in different ways/times, but yeah. The suspension of disbelief about how this guy could do and know all that was nuts. 

I was really hoping Alex would be able to save herself in the end, using her wits and craftiness. And in some ways she did. But still. I was hoping!

Edited by madam magpie