Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E05: Craig Of All Trades, Master Of None

• Start Topic

I called it from day one. Kathryn is a sociopath. The real deal. I always said she had shallow to no emotional content, had no true, deep feelings for T-Rav from the jump and was clearly using him....then she blew off her own children for drugs and now her vile, heinous non-reaction to sobbing Jennifer.

Making Jennifer's weeping over her son's medical problems about HERSELF (Kathryn)-fucking sicko. I detest her with the heat of a thousand suns. There is NO empathy there, no human heart. What a grotesque piece of human garbage. If I were Thomas I would make damn sure those children are never in her care again-just a few supervised visits here and there. We already heard about how she ignored her children while shopping online, leaving them dirty and with matted hair. But yet, she is still on Instagram, hamming it up in photos while nannies raise her children. She is utterly despicable and I never want to see her on Southern Charm or anywhere again.

• Love 8
32 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

Were they a couple at that time?

Who? Kathryn and Thomas when Jennifer had dinner with Thomas? No, not at all. But all someone has to do is mention that they were somewhere with Thomas and Kathryn goes haywire.

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, Major Bigtime said:

But all someone has to do is mention that they were somewhere with Thomas and Kathryn goes haywire.

Seriously. What does she even care who Thomas is sharing a breathing space with?! Jen, Landon, the nanny, etc. They're not together. But she's having a hard time grasping that.

• Love 6

Perfect solution ..   Naomi should get a good job and be the breadwinner, and Craig could stay home and garden, shop, cook and make clothes for his new clothing line on his sewing machine.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, AttackTurtle said:

Thomas is not under any obligation to straighten Kathryn out; however  I don't see Thomas trying to keep Kathryn away from the kids.  Presently, I think Thomas is doing what he can to keep his kids safe.  I get the impression that Thomas would prefer a healthy Kathryn, who can be in their kids lives.  I don't think he enjoys being the primary parent.  He's no prince, but I get the impression that he cares about the welfare of his children. 

I couldn't disagree more. Thomas chose this woman, nearly 30 years his junior, to be the mother of his children.  He absolutely has an obligation to do everything in his power to ensure that she is as healthy and happy as possible so she can fulfill her duties as their children's mother.  He can't care about the welfare of his children if he doesn't care about the welfare of their mother.

14 minutes ago, slowpoked said:

Seriously. What does she even care who Thomas is sharing a breathing space with?! Jen, Landon, the nanny, etc. They're not together. But she's having a hard time grasping that.

She cares, because whoever Thomas is "sharing a breathing space with", her children are sharing a breathing space with.  If you weren't with the father of your children, wouldn't you be pretty invested in making sure that whoever is with him is someone you feel comfortable being a part-time surrogate parent to your kids?

• Love 8

I wonder if Larry snuck a fertility totem into Mama Estelle (the voodoo doll Cameran bought)! 

Interesting that she admitted dabbling in white witchcraft during her HS years. Now she's trying to get Larry to make her one with a love spell so she can attach Shep and the new meat (move over Austin)

Craig was funny trying to open the FF pouch to feed Gizmo. Those things are hard to open and half of the food always remains in the bottom so kitty never gets enough. Bad packaging. Fix that Craig. 

How many times did they have to film Kathryn's talking heads? She was in pink, no...she was in blue, was that velvet? How many hissy fits did they have to put up with in order to get the footage? I will say she looked nice until she opened her gob. Give production a raise. She's a nightmare and probably to a lot of people IRL. 

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, Mojoker said:

He absolutely has an obligation to do everything in his power to ensure that she is as healthy and happy as possible

When dealing with an addict, it's up to the addict to make the first step to ask for help. You can't do anything to help them if they don't want to be helped. I know from personal experience. Kathryn has shown no inclination that she wants to quit smoking pot and doing drugs. She has continued on that path as evidenced in the most recent failed drug test. It's up to Kathryn, and only Kathryn.

• Love 16
13 minutes ago, Mojoker said:

I couldn't disagree more. Thomas chose this woman, nearly 30 years his junior, to be the mother of his children.  He absolutely has an obligation to do everything in his power to ensure that she is as healthy and happy as possible so she can fulfill her duties as their children's mother.  He can't care about the welfare of his children if he doesn't care about the welfare of their mother.

The responsibility to get better and healthy is Kathryn's, and Kathryn's alone. No one can force her to get better if she herself doesn't want to. Sure, addiction is a disease but there is a time that she needs to take control and be above it. She's the one who has a drug problem that prevents her from being with her children. She's been given a lot of chances and much better opportunities to get better that most addicts do not get. Not all addicts get to rehab in Malibu.

Thomas is no saint but from what I see he's doing the best that he can to provide for the people that are under his care and are his responsibilities - his children. Kathryn is not Thomas' responsibility at all. From what we see, he has provided a safe house for his children, has a capable nanny who makes sure the kids eat, sleep, get bathe, etc., everyday, takes them to good schools, etc. He's sleazy as they come, and someday maybe his children will hate him for his slimy ways, but right now, at the very least he has taken care of them in a way their mother cannot do.

21 minutes ago, Mojoker said:

She cares, because whoever Thomas is "sharing a breathing space with", her children are sharing a breathing space with.  If you weren't with the father of your children, wouldn't you be pretty invested in making sure that whoever is with him is someone you feel comfortable being a part-time surrogate parent to your kids?

Seems to me she only "cares" because she has this warped idea that she "owns" Thomas. If she cared about who is around her children, she would have used every ounce of energy to get herself better so she herself CAN be with her children. Missing court dates and failing drug tests will not do that for her.

And if her motivation really is that Thomas should be with someone who should be caring for her children, then she should be ok with Thomas allegedly seeing the kids' nanny, as she claimed during the baptism. There's probably no other person in the world right now who sees and cares for those kids the most than the nanny herself, Thomas included.

• Love 16
(edited)
53 minutes ago, Mojoker said:

I think Kathryn chose Thomas as much as Thomas chose Kathryn.  

It is not up to Thomas to make Kathryn happy anymore than it's my husband's responsibility to make me happy.  We all make choices and are responsible for our own happiness.  If we can find someone along the way that we can be happy with, well that's just swell.  

I have yet to see anything resembling happiness emminate from Kathryn on this show; hence it's hard for me to see how that's on Thomas.

Edited by AttackTurtle
  • Love 17
(edited)

Landon" My last 3 relationships have ended because I went away for the weekend with them."

Oh Honey, No.Its because...you're a pretentious laughingstock ridiculous nasally Twat. Who agrees with Thomas by saying "Meow". 

Edited by Nancypants
  • Love 16

Thomas is making a big mistake if he thinks Landon is a "suitable" partner. She said she wants kids. What is he thinking? If they ever did get married, she would be trying to get pregnant immediately because her fertility clock is ticking as we speak. He needs to find a woman around 40 that has kids that are grown and out of the house. He needs to think about the fact that he may have a couple more kids by the time he's 60 if he doesn't use his correct head for a change. 

• Love 8

Maybe Thomas being interested in Landon is just another story line.

Between seasons when they're not filming, most of the time the cast go off on their own.  Landon was traveling all over and Thomas was doing his own thing.

His romantic pursuit may be more for the cameras, in which case the producers need to come up with better story lines.  In the previews, Thomas says he wouldn't demand that she sign a prenup.

Well does he not realize she hangs out with billionaires, not millionaires?

• Love 7
(edited)
13 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

TRav was cranky in every scene he was in. He's right when he told Whitney that he has lost his mojo, and is getting too old. He can't just walk in to a bar with his tight pants and get every chick in there to drool over him anymore. Those days are long gone. He seems really sad about it, too. How pathetic. 

Thomas has always had a massive heed (TM "So I Married an Axe Murder") but dear almighty God, in those scenes with Dani from just a few years ago it looked much, much smaller. That thing is beginning to look like it belongs on Easter Island. It's actively giving Jax from Vanderpump Rules' ginormous noggin a run for its money. Plus with those ears he looks like he either may be related to the British royal family or the Ringmaster from Dumbo, or both.

So yeah, keep worrying about your tight pants, grown-ass man who calls himself TRav.  Eww.

Edited by acid burn
  • Love 9
(edited)
1 hour ago, Mojoker said:

The people that birthed Kathryn can't help her, what possible power does Thomas possess to ensure Kathryn's health and happiness?  This matter would not be before the courts had Kathryn been reasonable.  Sadly, she has out this matter into the state's hands, and if with the state's power to even imprison, it is not helping Katherine.  

Kathryn when given the opportunity to co-parent with Thomas, held the kids for ransom and he had to go to court to even get minimal visitation.  Katherine due to mental disease or addiction reacted poorly, to a pretty basic request to have the father be a part of the children's lives. Thomas can't even let her see the children as he would be violating a court order.  She doesn't even go back to court until September which means she will have gone from November to September without seeing her children.

Kathryn has no say in who Thomas has in his life or who goes around their children.  He seems to have retained a caring nanny who at least provides a female figure for the children for the time being. 

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 11
12 hours ago, queenjen said:

i'm not even through the episode yet, but I have to weigh in on Shep. Who is he sleeping with? Who finds this ageing twig armed flabby bodied floppy headed manchild attractive?!! (apart from Whitney). And Austen is not much better, or Craig. Of all the reality shows I've had the pleasure of perusing, THESE guys get off the easiest as far as self maintenance is concerned. All they are is a semi attractive head in a gingham shirt and khakis and deck shoes. Under all that, it's flab and bone. There is no muscle. I can make THIS prediction about all the boys on Southern Charm. Once they hit 40, it'll be brewers droop all the way. That won't stop them attempting to pick up the laydeez, though. It'll just mean an ugly scene in the bedroom. (TRav already, hence the coke, no doubt). This kind of man loves to blame his attempted conquest for his inability to do the deed. Shep better be very careful with his health, because heart problems will also mess with his 'love life' bigtime. 

Landon is an abysmal twat. Few are hated more than bogus food critics skiving free food/booze. She just outed herself to every hospitality worker in the country, along with the whole Yacht hook up crowd. I'm glad about that, I hope it translates to food borne hepatitis for Landon within 6 months. She is utterly unbearable. I wonder if this 'seasoned traveller' could tell me the capital of Switzerland? Or Poland? Or Canada? I doubt it. 

You are right about Landon.  She "pretends to be worldly" with her Roam website, but knows didly squat.  I'm from Long Island and worked in Manhattan.  She put nothing of value about the island .. Nothing about the most important sightseeing places.  She is dilusional.

• Love 5

This show might be on its last legs.  You have rehab, old guys trying to act young, Cameron probably pregnant soon, Landon painful to watch and weak story lines.  Maybe that's why a new Southern show is following.

• Love 3
46 minutes ago, scrb said:

Between seasons when they're not filming, most of the time the cast go off on their own.  Landon was traveling all over and Thomas was doing his own thing

Landon and Thomas were in California with the kids. I saw photos, somewhere.

• Love 2
21 hours ago, AttackTurtle said:

Kathryn is upset with Jennifer because she let Thomas show her some kindness.  Jennifer breaks down discussing how her newborn needed life saving brain surgery & Kathryn claims Jennifer is just being manipulative.  

Kathryn you're a straight up bitch.  

I agree.  I couldn't believe how nasty Kathryn was.  Poor Jennifer is talking about her son and all Kathryn could think about was Thomas.  That pissed me off all types of ways.

• Love 13
40 minutes ago, acid burn said:

Thomas has always had a massive heed (TM "So I Married an Axe Murder") but dear almighty God, in those scenes with Dani from just a few years ago it looked much, much smaller. That thing is beginning to look like it belongs on Easter Island. It's actively giving Jax from Vanderpump Rules' ginormous noggin a run for its money. Plus with those ears he looks like he either may be related to the British royal family or the Ringmaster from Dumbo, or both.

So yeah, keep worrying about your tight pants, grown-ass man who calls himself TRav.  Eww.

Omg THOMAS' HEAD LOOKS LIKE it belongs on EASTER ISLAND!

That is Dead-Bang Balls-on NASA Accurate, and GENIUS!

• Love 2
13 hours ago, queenjen said:

Because Whitney NEVER misses an opportunity to make an awkward attempt to appear heterosexual. I thought he said 'twat', but whatever. After waiting over an hour for his main crush to turn up for his date tonight, he could barely keep from whining at TRav. He'd made his 'darling, I'm home' drink all perfect and everything, bourbon with just a SPLASH of co-cola, not to mention that oyster and seafood spread that sat waiting. Then we got the uncomfortable conversation about Thomas' trousers losing their mojo and Whitney's super extended metaphor about in cabin baggage, when all Whitney wanted was for TRav to take him out back and glory be. Poor Whit. If he just came out, we'd all adore him, instead he wallows in the worst misogynist garbage on any reality tv show, pretending to be totally straight. Like, I'm the guitarist in a band called Renob, because that's Boner backwards, straight. (even if he does play a Chanel guitar totally without any irony whatsoever).

Loving IT.

And. How bizarro was that for TRav to talk about His "fabulous ass" pants? Yeah,TRav you are a fabulous ass, but it has nothing to do with your butt...

• Love 10
42 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

This show might be on its last legs.  You have rehab, old guys trying to act young, Cameron probably pregnant soon, Landon painful to watch and weak story lines.  Maybe that's why a new Southern show is following.

I thought the other way around - the fact that there are Southern Charm spinoffs means this show has gotten popular over the years and will continue on. 

The trick though is keeping the cast together, or if that's not possible, finding new interesting people. Cam may not be in for longer on the show once she's a mom. Maybe she'll stay, but not film as much. Is Landon moving back to Charleston come filming time? I would think so. This is still her bread and butter, no matter how that website thing goes. I think Craig and Naomie will continue on. Austen and Chelsea, depending on what happens with their story at the end, will most likely be back.

The people I see leaving are Shep, because he doesn't need this show anymore to get laid. And Thomas, well, because he has said so before this season started. But Thomas always says he will leave, but eventually ends up coming back.

The show has a horrible reputation around Charleston though - the real socialites don't want anything to do with the show. So if there will be new people, it will most likely be the mid-tier Charleston residents, like Austen who was cast this season.

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, slowpoked said:

I thought the other way around - the fact that there are Southern Charm spinoffs means this show has gotten popular over the years and will continue on. 

The trick though is keeping the cast together, or if that's not possible, finding new interesting people. Cam may not be in for longer on the show once she's a mom. Maybe she'll stay, but not film as much. Is Landon moving back to Charleston come filming time? I would think so. This is still her bread and butter, no matter how that website thing goes. I think Craig and Naomie will continue on. Austen and Chelsea, depending on what happens with their story at the end, will most likely be back.

The people I see leaving are Shep, because he doesn't need this show anymore to get laid. And Thomas, well, because he has said so before this season started. But Thomas always says he will leave, but eventually ends up coming back.

The show has a horrible reputation around Charleston though - the real socialites don't want anything to do with the show. So if there will be new people, it will most likely be the mid-tier Charleston residents, like Austen who was cast this season.

Out of curiosity, are Shep and Rav really up the social stratosphere?

• Love 1
(edited)
7 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

Out of curiosity, are Shep and Rav really up the social stratosphere?

Thomas is a Ravenel and therefore definitely is. Shep is not as far up there on the CHS social register (if such a thing exists?), but he's a descendent of the Boykin family, who are big deals in the south. I'm not sure about the Roses. Also, Thomas and Shep are cousins on the Boykin side. 

Edited by acid burn
  • Love 2
(edited)

I still enjoy this show (mostly) but for some reason I fall asleep everytime I try to watch it live. Last night I kept waking up on and off during the Kathryn and Jennifer lunch scene thinking my drowsiness made it seem way worse than it actually was. Nope. Watched the whole episode in its entirety this morning and good lord. I already despised Kathryn but this was just the icing on the cake. Thank god she doesn't have custody of those kids. She is toxic in more ways than one. She is a vile human being who doesn't give a fuck about anyone but herself. I honestly don't think she even cares if she sees her kids or not. Two less things for her to worry about and get in her way of a good time. It looked like Thomas was legitimately changing Saints diaper and getting Kenzie to ballet without help. Could have been pre planned  to look that way but right now it's more than Kathryn is doing for her kids. The best thing she can do for them right now is to stay far, far away. 

So, Sheps dad had a heart attack at the same age Shep is now and he thinks his current lifestyle is ok? I mean, obviously not since he's seeing a dr. (Who was kind of hot in an older man sort of way) but he's been living in denial for far too long! I used to drink with the best of them and still do enjoy a few drinks on most nights but my nights of 12 or more (and you know Shep is drinking way more than 12 drinks a night) at a time were over in my twenties. I'm a few years younger than Shep and was worried about my own drinking habits and got checked up at the dr but my 3 or 4 beers every few nights is no where near his level! I don't know how he functions. I guess it's easier when you don't have to pull a 9-5 or take care of kids but holy hell. I wonder how his lab work looked?

Edited by Mountainair
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, Jajamac said:

I cringe every time Landon opens her mouth, especially the "thank yooooooooos"!!!

thennnkyeeewoooohaaargh. That's how it went (I still have the headache, the next morning) after the convuluted and ostentatious and thoroughly wanky drink order. I loved the production shade after Landon said 'it's so beautiful here' to TRav and they panned over what looked to me to be swamp and grass. 

• Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, Missmissie173 said:

How bizarro was that for TRav to talk about His "fabulous ass" pants? Yeah,TRav you are a fabulous ass, but it has nothing to do with your butt...

I feel like Thomas is the type of person who would use the pickup line, "Are those space pants? Because your ass is out of this world." Again, I reiterate, eww.

41 minutes ago, queenjen said:

I loved the production shade after Landon said 'it's so beautiful here' to TRav and they panned over what looked to me to be swamp and grass. 

I think they were at Shem Creek (although I can't be sure; I need to rewatch and pause to look at the logo on the server's shirt)--if so, that was total shade. Shem Creek is a super laid back place (my snooty aunt refused to eat there--her loss) but parts of it are actually picturesque. Not the shot they used, though. It had to be a total side-eye at Landon (and her snotty travel comments from earlier, and by extension, "Roam"). I LMAO'd.

Edited by acid burn
  • Love 6

Those gawtDamn morons Deserve each other. The swampy grassy Primordial Backwater Prehistoric OOOZE is an excellent setting for the Backwards brains of these two Moronic Shitstains.

Christ, I've met more interesting and intelligent beings while looking at Single Celled organisms thru a biology 101 microscope while studying plankton. In 7th grade.

ThhGnampKkkkkyyeowowwwnghuh (whines through sloping  Travelocity Gnome Nose) . that means thanks in Dolphinspeak, No offense , cuz Dolphins are Hella Smart

Also, Meow, says the Village Idiot

I weep for the future.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, RedHawk said:

I thought the same thing! When she said "yeah" three times to Thomas every time it sounded like a cat meowing. He would never be able to put up with that!

Landon: Mmmmmmyea. Mmmmmmyea. Mmmmmmyea.

Gizmo: It's pronounced me-ow. Thomas, I don't know why you insist on consorting with this ignorant creature. Her French is worse than yours. She insists on peppering her speech with "Cat" pronounced terribly I might add. She is NOKC, not our kind of cat. 

• Love 13
4 hours ago, Major Bigtime said:

When dealing with an addict, it's up to the addict to make the first step to ask for help. You can't do anything to help them if they don't want to be helped. I know from personal experience. Kathryn has shown no inclination that she wants to quit smoking pot and doing drugs. She has continued on that path as evidenced in the most recent failed drug test. It's up to Kathryn, and only Kathryn.

What I said was, "He absolutely has an obligation to do everything in his power to ensure that she is as healthy and happy as possible so she can fulfill her duties as their children's mother."  I'm not living inside Kathryn's head, so I don't know her inclination. I don't know that she's smoking pot and doing drugs (isn't the one thing the same as the other?).  But I do know that whatever she's going through isn't helped by a callous and vindictive man, old enough to be her father, who aided and abetted her descent and is now standing on his money to make her life miserable. She doesn't need any help being miserable; she's got that covered. 

• Love 8
(edited)
On 5/1/2017 at 10:18 PM, Sun-Bun said:

We've barely seen JD this season, and that kinda bums me out---I somehow appreciated his sweaty good ol'boy guffaws and snorts((or as one of you so hilariously once commented here, "his Boss Hogging it up"! Hah!!!)).

Bwaaaaaah! I have been LIVING for this since last season. Funniest.Thing.Ever. I like JD, too, but this is pure gold and never gets old.

Edited by StevieRocks
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, slowpoked said:

The responsibility to get better and healthy is Kathryn's, and Kathryn's alone. No one can force her to get better if she herself doesn't want to. Sure, addiction is a disease but there is a time that she needs to take control and be above it. She's the one who has a drug problem that prevents her from being with her children. She's been given a lot of chances and much better opportunities to get better that most addicts do not get. Not all addicts get to rehab in Malibu.

Thomas is no saint but from what I see he's doing the best that he can to provide for the people that are under his care and are his responsibilities - his children. Kathryn is not Thomas' responsibility at all. From what we see, he has provided a safe house for his children, has a capable nanny who makes sure the kids eat, sleep, get bathe, etc., everyday, takes them to good schools, etc. He's sleazy as they come, and someday maybe his children will hate him for his slimy ways, but right now, at the very least he has taken care of them in a way their mother cannot do.

Seems to me she only "cares" because she has this warped idea that she "owns" Thomas. If she cared about who is around her children, she would have used every ounce of energy to get herself better so she herself CAN be with her children. Missing court dates and failing drug tests will not do that for her.

And if her motivation really is that Thomas should be with someone who should be caring for her children, then she should be ok with Thomas allegedly seeing the kids' nanny, as she claimed during the baptism. There's probably no other person in the world right now who sees and cares for those kids the most than the nanny herself, Thomas included.

That's the problem -- people are somehow expecting her to get herself better. If she was having a heart attack, would folks be walking past her saying, "You really should get yourself better"?  She needs help and support, not stress and shaming.  The fact that Thomas can throw money at the situation and hire other people to hug his children doesn't make him a better parent, it just makes him a slightly less bad parent.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, AttackTurtle said:

I think Kathryn chose Thomas as much as Thomas chose Kathryn.  

It is not up to Thomas to make Kathryn happy anymore than it's my husband's responsibility to make me happy.  We all make choices and are responsible for our own happiness.  If we can find someone along the way that we can be happy with, well that's just swell.  

I have yet to see anything resembling happiness emminate from Kathryn on this show; hence it's hard for me to see how that's on Thomas.

I didn't say that Thomas was responsible for Kathryn's happiness.  I said that he has an obligation to do everything in his power to make sure that she's happy and healthy and available to their children. That also means he has an obligation to not actively try to make her miserable and sabotage any attempt at recovery she makes. Kathryn may have made, and may be making, bad choices, but she didn't get into this situation alone. History is being recorded on both sides of this situation, and will be available to their children to judge both parents. At this point, I don't think either of these people are working toward their children's interests so much as their own vindictiveness toward each other, and their kids will see this later.

4 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

The people that birthed Kathryn can't help her, what possible power does Thomas possess to ensure Kathryn's health and happiness?  This matter would not be before the courts had Kathryn been reasonable.  Sadly, she has out this matter into the state's hands, and if with the state's power to even imprison, it is not helping Katherine.  

Kathryn when given the opportunity to co-parent with Thomas, held the kids for ransom and he had to go to court to even get minimal visitation.  Katherine due to mental disease or addiction reacted poorly, to a pretty basic request to have the father be a part of the children's lives. Thomas can't even let her see the children as he would be violating a court order.  She doesn't even go back to court until September which means she will have gone from November to September without seeing her children.

Kathryn has no say in who Thomas has in his life or who goes around their children.  He seems to have retained a caring nanny who at least provides a female figure for the children for the time being. 

Unless Kathryn has signed away her parental rights, she absolutely does have a say in who goes around their children. And the fact that Thomas can buy women to temporarily deal with his children for him is no substitute for having their real mother in their lives.

• Love 5

Thomas has no obligation whatsoever to Kathryn, other than if a court orders him to provide child support with her having primary custody.

She had primary custody, did she not?  Now she may lose it because of her own actions.

She's an adult, responsible for her own actions.  Thomas doesn't have to help her regain any form of custody.

If he wants to be nice about it, he could help her financially with rehab and pay for things like nannies.  That is if he decides the children should be in a stable, comfortable environment while they're with her.

But first, the court has to decide whether she should be allowed to see them, given her drug test failures.

Now can Thomas do anything to get the court to let her see the children?  Probably not, there may be laws which bar custody and visitation where drug use is involved.

He could go out of his way, tell the judge she should get visitation and then custody again.  Maybe try to bribe people to make it happen.

But otherwise Thomas is under no legal or moral obligation to help Kathryn get any kind of visitation or custody rights.  

Kathryn made her own bed.

• Love 8
(edited)
57 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

There's so much more wrong with Kathryn than just her addictions.

She's really messed up.  That scene with Jennifer was crazy bad.  Kathryn needs tons more therapy - not just for drugs but in general.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 6

Hm.  Thomas may have his 'family' name on 'the bridge' but let's also remember that he had to resign from a state position because he was caught with coke and spent time in prison.  He's pretty well tarnished in the local 'society'.

Shep may have family history but he's no ambassador for the name.  The Chelsea/Shep romance is being played up but we've learned that Shep is going to have a new series going city to city to find love.  WTF?

It seems that many think Cam will be having a baby soon.  I have my doubts.  She just doesn't seem to want it.  It may end her marriage.  Cam isn't as squeaky as the Lily Pulitzer clothes seem to imply.

Landon and Thomas are a storyline because they both need one and are playing it.

I'm actually liking Austin a bit more.  A bit.

JD seems to be taking a step back but it looks like we'll see him next episode.

Craig did take the bar exam so he did finally get his degree.  Did he pass?  Don't know.  His hobbies were all about storyline because he was studying for the bar and finishing up law school.

TRav didn't pay for Kathryn's rehab.  Apparently, her parents did.  Addiction is not easy.  Even if you have children you deeply care about.  I hope she does get there because she has these two children who need their mother.  At least,  she hasn't shoplifted anything from Target that we know about.

• Love 5

Shep has got some nerve. Shep just needs a hole to stick his dick in...that's all you need to be his type yet he has the audacity to establish ground rules about people getting his blessing before they can hang out with a woman. People will need to be contacting him about every woman in town. Not anyone's problem that you decide that you may have 'real' interest in one of the broads that walk by you. Worry about being a man that a woman would consider to be a good catch, then you wouldn't have to worry about other people needing your blessings to date women who aren't interested in you. Shep, if you're drinking 12 drinks a night and it's considered a test to get through just a week without alcohol, you may just be an alcoholic.

As it stands, Katheryn's anger toward Jennifer seems irrational. The explanations for her feeling betrayed are very generic. It seems like Katheryn expected that since Jennifer explicitly told her that she was her friend and in her corner, somehow her being cordial to Thomas is an act of betrayal. Kathryn doesn't want to differentiate between kissing ass and basic courtesy because it allows her to continue to be angry at Jennifer. If you can't trust that a woman's tears are genuine over the trauma of carrying a child that may not live and then having to experience the fear of her newborn child needing surgery, I question if your heart is made of stone. 

I bet Austin regrets having dinner with Landon, lol. She likes being seen as a cougar - a woman that can attract a younger man. Don't need any more proof than pointing out the age difference between the two when all Austin wanted to know was how old that guy was that he had never gone to NYC. Landon, do you think you have an interest in the rest of the world because you like discovering the best places to shop around the world? I googled to see if Landon's blog has even hit the net officially and I found quite a few blogs that are the exact same concept and one of them is called 'When in Roaming'...I get the feeling that Landon's creativity was Google and not some amazing idea that came to her because she truly sat down and brainstormed her passions and goals. 

Craig, you are literally at the edge of the cliff and about to fall into the abyss known as 'waste man' territory. Poor Naomi. But she's a smart girl. I'm giving her the benefit the doubt that she's sticking around because she does love him...not because she thinks she can't do better. She sure as fuck can. How can Craig think that he can genuinely juggle all of these things when he's been trying to take the damn bar for years now? Craig has no appreciation or value for realizing the end product of anything. He's content in completing 20% of 100 different things but completing 100% of nothing. 

• Love 5
(edited)
19 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

Hm.  Thomas may have his 'family' name on 'the bridge' but let's also remember that he had to resign from a state position because he was caught with coke and spent time in prison.  He's pretty well tarnished in the local 'society'.

Shep may have family history but he's no ambassador for the name.  The Chelsea/Shep romance is being played up but we've learned that Shep is going to have a new series going city to city to find love.  WTF?

You could very well be correct. I'm just going on the word of people I know who live in Charleston who say Thomas's past frequently gets overlooked because of his family name and his considerable money. Shep's family history on the Boykin side is actually apparently pretty sketchy (they were Confederate officers, I believe) but he apparently gets some points for the fact his father was an appointed AG under Reagan. 

However, I actually think being on this show probably lowers any social currency they may have.

19 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

I'm actually liking Austin a bit more.  A bit.

I know. Me too! What happened there? I think for me it's the fact he called out Landon out on her pretentious bullshit when she described Vail as a "truckstop by the side of the highway." Me-ow indeed.

ETA: 

I googled to see if Landon's blog has even hit the net officially and I found quite a few blogs that are the exact same concept and one of them is called 'When in Roaming'...I get the feeling that Landon's creativity was Google and not some amazing idea that came to her because she truly sat down and brainstormed her passions and goals. 

RH Junkie, did you find her actual blog? It's called Trovare now and it's everything you'd expect it to be. I think you hit the nail on the head right there.

Edited by acid burn
  • Love 6

The scene with Landon and Austin should have been about the drama between Austin and Shep, but Landon hijacked it and made it an audition for her own show on the Travel Channel or Food Network.  Austin just seemed to give up talking about anything because she kept making it circle back to ROAM and the script she wrote in her head. 

I think she wants to be a female Anthony Bourdain (as if!!!) with a splash of Martha Stewart.  Her family is probably funding the lifestyle she currently leads, but I suspect now she wants someone else to pick up the bill AND pay her a salary for being a drunken vagabond.   I would never watch a show hosted by a bland, entitled, spoiled nitwit named "Landon".

If the she hooks up with Thomas,  I say we ask South Carolina to pass a bill that will allow public stoning for people on reality television who lack the self-awareness to realize they're smug, insufferable douchebags.

• Love 5
(edited)
10 hours ago, Sage47 said:

Making Jennifer's weeping over her son's medical problems about HERSELF (Kathryn)-fucking sicko.

That was unbelievable!  So Thomas put aside the fight and had her back when her son had a very serious birth defect.  The baby had to have brain surgery for heaven's sake.  I liked how Thomas buried their tiff and embraced her as a mother with a tough road.  Kathryn?  Only saw betrayal.  There is something wrong with her, seriously wrong.

Love that Shep is getting such a dick edit.

Let me say this and then duck:  I like that Craig has many useful talents.  Woodworking, carpentry and now sewing?  I fucking love it.  I am the type who is well educated, very smart and great at organization, aligning teams and awesome at books, stats and other useful office/company type skills.  I am the worst homeowner you will ever meet.  Can't even hang a picture.  Seriously!  Not kidding!  My fella is a blue collar, jack of all trades.  Believe me, he is the more useful one in the relationship.  Gutters plugged?  He is up the ladder in a jiffy.  He keeps everything from washers, dryers, hot water tanks, electronic etc working at full speed.  I am great at cooking and laundry and cleaning.  His clothes are cleaned and pressed and dinner is on the table.  We both clean together.  Wearing brushes on our feet and scrubby floors is one of our date nights.

ETA:  I do get that Craig waiting until the last minute for the charity would have driven me out of my mind though.

I don't get their highbrow ideal of what is and isn't an acceptable job.

Edited by jumper sage
  • Love 7

Landon has zero attraction toward Thomas and his magic azz. If they ever get together, it will be only for his bank account, imo.

He can't be that pressed to get into a relationship, can he?

How are Landon's ankles? 

• Love 5
(edited)
7 hours ago, Mojoker said:

I didn't say that Thomas was responsible for Kathryn's happiness.  I said that he has an obligation to do everything in his power to make sure that she's happy and healthy and available to their children. That also means he has an obligation to not actively try to make her miserable and sabotage any attempt at recovery she makes. Kathryn may have made, and may be making, bad choices, but she didn't get into this situation alone. History is being recorded on both sides of this situation, and will be available to their children to judge both parents. At this point, I don't think either of these people are working toward their children's interests so much as their own vindictiveness toward each other, and their kids will see this later.

Unless Kathryn has signed away her parental rights, she absolutely does have a say in who goes around their children. And the fact that Thomas can buy women to temporarily deal with his children for him is no substitute for having their real mother in their lives.

I think we're going to have to agree to disagree when it comes to Kathryn.

I think Thomas is an idiot; however I have not seen Thomas take on a viscous campaign against Kathryn.   His twitter rants of late have not been directed at Kathryn.  He's not made any reference to the alleged christening debacle.   He's been pretty silent on Kathryn.

Thomas has stated that he is on his own with his kids at night....which is more than most dads have to do on their own (my husband certainly doesn't).   Thank God for his kids that he can afford good childcare.  I'm not sure why this is used against him. Not to mention the fact that Kathryn clearly had hired help herself when she had custody.  

There is a big difference between standing by when someone is having a heart attack and when someone is abusing drugs.  Until a court deems her a threat to herself or to others, Kathryn has the free will to decide for herself if she is going to seek care. 

Again, Thomas is s buffoon in many respects, but he's at least thinking about what is in his kids best interest.  The fact that Kathryn knew she was being tested for drugs and that custody of her kids was at stake & yet she still did marijuana suggests to me that she's not.   

Whether its responsibility/obligation, Thomas is under no more obligation to make Kathryn happy than she is to him.  And I've yet to see any evidence of Kathryn caring about anyone's feelings/happiness outside of her own.

Edited by AttackTurtle
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, jumper sage said:

ETA:  I do get that Craig waiting until the last minute for the charity would have driven me out of my mind though

He tweeted that he was there for several hours beforehand, but production did this or that, and made it look like he was late for added drama. He was pretty ticked off about it.

Kathryn exhibits all the bells and whistles of an addict, aside from her sociopathy. The least little thing is taken as an attack against her. Irrational jealousy. Blaming everyone else for her misery. Total indifference to anyone else's problems. I've been through it myself with an alcoholic, who had to hit rock bottom and almost die before getting sober. Being on this show is only aggravating her addiction, not Thomas. He didn't do as she planned, therefore he's to blame for everything. It's not up to him, her parents, or anyone else to help her get sober. SHE has to make that decision, and ask for help. When she said her parents offered her a plane ticket to CA for rehab, she said OK. She didn't go to them and ask them to help her, which is why the rehab didn't work. She thinks she's right, everyone else is wrong. Which is why her scene with Jennifer was so heartbreaking.

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, AttackTurtle said:

I think we're going to have to agree to disagree when it comes to Kathryn.

I think Thomas is an idiot; however I have not seen Thomas take on a viscous campaign against Kathryn.   His twitter rants of late have not been directed at Kathryn.  He's not made any reference to the alleged christening debacle.   He's been pretty silent on Kathryn.

Thomas has stated that he is on his own with his kids at night....which is more than most dads have to do on their own (my husband certainly doesn't).   Thank God for his kids that he can afford good childcare.  I'm not sure why this is used against him. Not to mention the fact that Kathryn clearly had hired help herself when she had custody.  

There is a big difference between standing by when someone is having a heart attack and when someone is abusing drugs.  Until a court deems her a threat to herself or to others, Kathryn has the free will to decide for herself if she is going to seek care. 

Again, Thomas is s buffoon in many respects, but he's at least thinking about what is in his kids best interest.  The fact that Kathryn knew she was being tested for drugs and that custody of her kids was at stake & yet she still did marijuana suggests to me that she's not.   

Thomas is certainly far from perfect but I do think he is embracing his responsibilities with parenthood head on.  Thomas does what most working parents do and that is hire someone to assist with the children so he can work.  So many people have nannies in his income bracket and I always think if you can afford it great, it allows the parent(s) to focus on their children.  My guess is Thomas' earnings from the show probably cover the nanny expense.  I think Thomas had to ease himself into parenting as he had several long periods where he did not see the children.  Having the nannies was a great bridge to get the children accustomed to the father's home.

This show has such a contrast, at the last Reunion, Andy was yucking it up with Shep over his arrest while high on psychedelic mushrooms.  There sat Katherine, freshly off a court ordered failed drug test, attacking Thomas with allegations of drug use.  Thomas did put a stop to it when Landon brought up her failed drug test.   I truly believe Thomas would like nothing more than to not be under the thumb of the court.  It should be all about Katherine getting well and regaining the ability to see and hopefully someday have a home with her children and co-parenting with Thomas.  No one wants to spend their time and money paying for attorneys, court appearances, and $1,000.00 drug tests.  Katherine should say focused on getting well instead of trying to bring Thomas down.

7 hours ago, Mojoker said:

There is no evidence that Thomas has sabotaged Kathryn's attempts at sobriety.  As to her happiness, it would mean Thomas turning over his bank accounts and life to Kathryn.  She can't manage her own money (power being turned off). Thomas having to pay her rent (he did help her by co-signing the lease which she defaulted on) and her private life kind of speaks for itself.  Kathryn wants total control and it is neither realistic or healthy for her.  

Kathryn has no say in the upbringing of her children at this point, or even the right to supervised visitation.  She needs to worry about getting her life on track instead of the nanny's daughter, Landon or any other women Thomas might have befriended.  I don't think Thomas wants to replace Kathryn with hired help but as a mother she most certainly would hope that anyone Thomas hires would be kind and loving to her children.    

• Love 6
10 hours ago, Mojoker said:

That's the problem -- people are somehow expecting her to get herself better. If she was having a heart attack, would folks be walking past her saying, "You really should get yourself better"?  She needs help and support, not stress and shaming.  The fact that Thomas can throw money at the situation and hire other people to hug his children doesn't make him a better parent, it just makes him a slightly less bad parent.

But this isn't a heart attack and people have tried to help her. I've dealt with addiction and you can't drag someone into recovery. She went to rehab and kept using. That's not on Thomas (and I loathe Thomas). Kathryn's actions are Addict behavior 101. She wants what she wants when she wants it and anyone who doesn't give her a free pass is a "betrayer". If her kids mean that much  to her, then get sober and do the hard work. She has psychological issues for sure as the scene with Jennifer aptly displayed. I have no sympathy for her, she's had acess to treatment most addicts could never afford and she just keeps using. PEOPLE HAVE TRIED TO HELP HER- SHE DOESNT WANT IT. Thomas is a tool but I can't blame him in any way for her drug issues.

• Love 15
9 hours ago, breezy424 said:

It seems that many think Cam will be having a baby soon.  I have my doubts.  She just doesn't seem to want it.  It may end her marriage.  Cam isn't as squeaky as the Lily Pulitzer clothes seem to imply.

Craig did take the bar exam so he did finally get his degree.  Did he pass?  Don't know.  His hobbies were all about storyline because he was studying for the bar and finishing up law school.

Not sure whether you are an as-seen-on-TV purist or just missed posts about these bravolebrities' recent social media announcements, but you can find the answers to these questions in the Cameran and Craig topic threads. If you don't want to be spoiled by anything that hasn't happened on TV, then avoid those threads. 

7 hours ago, jumper sage said:

We both clean together.  Wearing brushes on our feet and scrubby floors is one of our date nights.

Wow. Wild times! Who says the spark fades after marriage? Lol.

• Love 4