Type keyword(s) to search

The Wendy Williams Show - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Well, you gotta hand it to her, Wendy sure knows how to play it: 

Refuses to admit relapsing and fucking up at work, then once she can no longer do that because it's out in the press, just flips it to she is taking charge and getting treatment to support her health and sobriety! Cue the applause!

Refuses to admit any trouble in her marriage, then once she can no longer do that because it's out in the press, just flips it to she is taking charge and choosing the divorce and "I am woman hear me roar!" Cue the applause! 

She will come out a hero!  

• Love 10

Saw the news of her filing divorce papers today while at work.  Finally!

What made her finally wise up and wake up?

Not a huge fan of hers, but no one deserves the treatment she got.  I don't care even if she tried to turn a blind eye to it, she knew and it had to hurt.  Too bad he'll get some of her money, but pay it out, be rid of this asshole.

• Love 3

Watchers, At Primetimer, we snark people on the shows, not each other. If you feel someone's post violates site rules, report it; do not engage.  If someone's posts annoy you but do not violate site rules, either look away or use the Ignore feature.  To do so, highlight the user's name; on the pop up box you will see an option to Ignore User. Presto chango!  You won't see their posts.  

Back to your regularly scheduled snark! 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, chenoa333 said:

Why the fuck does the Daily Mail have to point out that Sharina has a post baby tummy? Can women not get a simple little bit of respect for being slightly out of shape after giving birth? And I'm pretty sure Kelvin figured out a long time ago, how to divorce Wendy and still remain wealthy.

The next big story will be Wendy has checked out of sober living because she's been doing so well in her sobriety. I think Wendy went to sober living as part of a story she could tell until she could figure out what was going down with her prince charming. "ALL IS WELL IN HUNTERVILLE!" Lol!

In general I agree with you regarding respecting a woman who just gave birth but this hussy deserves no respect.  As much as I don't respect WW, I have no respect for a woman who is a side piece to a jerk like Kevin for a decade...no respect at all.  It's open season on this harlot.

• Love 13
26 minutes ago, Destiny74 said:

I have no respect for a woman who is a side piece to a jerk like Kevin for a decade..

Lol! I have no respect for any of the clowns in this circus but they're too funny to stop watching and snarking on! The one I feel bad for is the dog. Maybe WW still has him. 

• Love 6
7 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

Wendy Williams has filed for divorce from cheating husband Kevin Hunter

A lawyer for Wendy Williams, 54, who is worth an estimated $60 million, confirmed on Thursday that she is splitting from Kevin Hunter, 47, after nearly 22 years of marriage.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6912939/Wendy-Williams-filed-divorce-cheating-husband-Kevin-Hunter.html?ito=email_share_article-masthead

Wow .. I just read this news tonight.  I  haven’t watched her show since Monday.  Is it true she filed for divorce on Thursday?  Did she say anything on the show?  Finally, she got some guts.  Anyone know the scoop?  I’ll have to watch tomorrow, Friday.

• Love 2

The one day I decided to start to paint my kitchen cabinets I come back to breaking news that Wendy is finally getting a divorce. I have 25 posts in the Wendy topic to catch up on. This should be interesting!

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

From the E! article. I find this incredibly interesting.  Her big rules after his affair when Lil Kevin was born 

"Lying about anything was a no-no, she wrote, as was letting an indiscretion develop into a full-blown affair. "If he was in love, if she was just as successful at what she does as I am in my career, if she had his baby," she continued, she would leave."

What a strange no-no. The baby , in love ect I get. Wendy is bizarre. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Wow .. I just read this news tonight.  I  haven’t watched her show since Monday.  Is it true she filed for divorce on Thursday?  Did she say anything on the show?  Finally, she got some guts.  Anyone know the scoop?  I’ll have to watch tomorrow, Friday.

Friday shows are usually filmed on Thursday so Wendy may not address this on Friday.  The audience would have dropped the tea if she talked about this Thursday.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

And I'm pretty sure Kelvin figured out a long time ago, how to divorce Wendy and still remain wealthy.

I agree, Kelvin is slick. They are very intertwined together financially and in business and it's not going to be an easy divorce but I'm sure he's got his ass covered. Hell, he's probably been hoarding money away somewhere for a long time now. 

• Love 8

According to the reports, Big Kev was asking for a divorce for a long time now. but Wendy said “no”.  Sharina probably got tired of waiting, so had the baby.  That was the clincher for Wendy.  Lil Kev is old enough to understand.  She’s not the first to get divorced, nor the last.  She should concentrate on her show and get some better guests on if she can.  She’s made lots of enemies.  She was very rude to an audience woman today during “ask Wendy”.  @Druzy,  How u doin?  With the paint job. Lol.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Gem 10 said:

According to the reports, Big Kev was asking for a divorce for a long time now. but Wendy said “no”.  Sharina probably got tired of waiting, so had the baby.  That was the clincher for Wendy.  Lil Kev is old enough to understand.  She’s not the first to get divorced, nor the last.  She should concentrate on her show and get some better guests on if she can.  She’s made lots of enemies.  She was very rude to an audience woman today during “ask Wendy”.  @Druzy,  How u doin?  With the paint job. Lol.

Wow- so Big Kev wanted out but Wendy wouldn't let him go. I'm surprised they still have the Ask Wendy segments. Who is going to take her advice on love and life?

@Gem 10- painting my cabinets was a stupid messy idea-lol! But thanks for asking.

• Love 7
33 minutes ago, druzy said:

Wow- so Big Kev wanted out but Wendy wouldn't let him go. I'm surprised they still have the Ask Wendy segments. Who is going to take her advice on love and life? 

@Gem 10- painting my cabinets was a stupid messy idea-lol! But thanks for asking.

Who is going to ask for advice?  The same people who have asked her all along.  Her audience members still act like none of this stuff has happened and she is someone to learn from.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, druzy said:

We tried once, then called the guy who sprayed them hi-gloss.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, cinsays said:

Who is going to ask for advice?  The same people who have asked her all along.  Her audience members still act like none of this stuff has happened and she is someone to learn from.

Exactly! Those "co hosts" in the audience asking WW for advice are either dumb ass fools or just want to see themselves on TV. 

They'd get wiser, more honest advice at a psych ward. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I love Ask Wendy. I view it as comedy. A skit.  The audience members don't take her advice seriously. 

Kevin has been really smart about intertwining himself in all Wendy's affairs. Sunny Hostin said she should close down the show. Open later as a new show. New name, new format.  I think he owns 50 percent of her show and everything else.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
14 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

She was very rude to an audience woman today during “ask Wendy”.  

What did Wendy do or say in her rudeness??  I've never watched 'ask Wendy' because who the hell is she to give advice? I'd rather read Dear Abby than listen to Wendy's "advice"...Ugh!

• Love 3
3 hours ago, MsTree said:

What did Wendy do or say in her rudeness??  I've never watched 'ask Wendy' because who the hell is she to give advice? I'd rather read Dear Abby than listen to Wendy's "advice"...Ugh!

I almost never make to the end. There is something hilarious that Wendy is still giving advice. Her life is a tornado but people are asking her for advice 😆

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

This is stupid, and I know I’ve been ragging on Wendy lately, but after my husband made me breakfast this morning and we were talking together, I had a pang of sadness that Wendy was eating alone after all those years of marriage.  Something so simple and regular is no more forever.  It’s not all about Wendy, but for all the women out there that are going thru the same thing.  It must seem so unnatural and hard to get used to, no matter how bad the marriage was,  I know she did the right thing tho.  It’s just so unfortunate.  Then she has to go on t.v. and act strong while her heart is breaking.  I know, I’m a dope.  I’ll probably be back on here again ragging on her.

• Love 8

Host Wendy Williams says she's 'going through a situation' during Friday’s show taped shortly after her husband was served with divorce papers

Wendy Williams (pictured) claimed she's 'going through a situation' as news of her divorce to cheating husband Kevin Hunter broke on Thursday. She made the comments on her daily chat show.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6916789/Wendy-Williams-going-situation-not-sure-shes-doing-following-divorce-news.html?ito=email_share_article-masthead

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Love 1
33 minutes ago, NowVoyager said:

Host Wendy Williams says she's 'going through a situation' during Friday’s show taped shortly after her husband was served with divorce papers

Wendy Williams (pictured) claimed she's 'going through a situation' as news of her divorce to cheating husband Kevin Hunter broke on Thursday. She made the comments on her daily chat show.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6916789/Wendy-Williams-going-situation-not-sure-shes-doing-following-divorce-news.html?ito=email_share_article-masthead

After she mentioned the “situation” she referred to her swollen feet, and that it was hard to walk.  Did she mean the situation was Big Kev or her swollen feet?  Either she’s talking in riddles lately, or I’m losing my marbles.  Lol.

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

After she mentioned the “situation” she referred to her swollen feet, and that it was hard to walk.  Did she mean the situation was Big Kev or her swollen feet?  Either she’s talking in riddles lately, or I’m losing my marbles.  Lol.

Maybe Wendy started to tell the truth and then changed her mind.  It seemed strange to me too.  Maybe she was just teasing us?

I'm checking out Wendy FF on the DVR.  Promoting those horrible shoes - does she need the money that bad?  Actually, with the divorce coming I can see her doing more Gold Bond promotions.  I'm laughing at the "guest handbag" and Wendy shaking with excitement.

I'll continue FFing later.  Oh, "Jessie" not "Jussie" over and over.  

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

This is stupid, and I know I’ve been ragging on Wendy lately, but after my husband made me breakfast this morning and we were talking together, I had a pang of sadness that Wendy was eating alone after all those years of marriage.  Something so simple and regular is no more forever.  It’s not all about Wendy, but for all the women out there that are going thru the same thing.  It must seem so unnatural and hard to get used to, no matter how bad the marriage was,  I know she did the right thing tho.  It’s just so unfortunate.  Then she has to go on t.v. and act strong while her heart is breaking.  I know, I’m a dope.  I’ll probably be back on here again ragging on her.

You're not a dope, you're just a human being with feelings.  

Sometimes I think that we, and I include myself in this, rag on people to make ourselves feel better about our life choices.  The irony is that's what Wendy Williams used to do on the radio.

• Love 3
On 4/12/2019 at 7:11 AM, Coffeewinewater said:

From the E! article. I find this incredibly interesting.  Her big rules after his affair when Lil Kevin was born 

"Lying about anything was a no-no, she wrote, as was letting an indiscretion develop into a full-blown affair. "If he was in love, if she was just as successful at what she does as I am in my career, if she had his baby," she continued, she would leave."

What a strange no-no. The baby , in love ect I get. Wendy is bizarre. 

I think I understand Wendy's line of thinking, even if I don't agree with it.  Given what I've seen of Wendy's opinions about gender dynamics and relationships, she seems like the sort of woman who figures that men feel inherently emasculated by wives who make more money/have bigger careers than them. So, she could rationalize Kevin's cheating if it were with some "civilian" (non-famous) woman because in her mind, he would be drawn to her out of some innate need for an ego boost that he can't get from his marriage.  However, if he cheated with some other well-known TV personality, for example, Wendy would take it more personally and find it harder to forgive. It would mean his infidelity isn't about his desire to feel "manly" and "needed" in the face of having a richer/more powerful wife, which she found excusable, but that he doesn't want her anymore, yet some other big-time morning show anchor or host of The View (for example) was fulfilling his needs just fine. It's the same line of thinking that causes some women to excuse it if their man cheats with someone much younger and not in their social circle/class, but not if it's a woman from the neighborhood, older, less attractive, etc.

On 4/12/2019 at 1:40 PM, druzy said:

"12 Years a Side Chick", Charlamagne, you are not right for that! He sounds so happy for her, I hope they can be friends again.

4 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

The Friday show taped Thursday afternoon, maybe just as the divorce news broke? So I doubt the in-show audience knew yet since you usually don't have access to cell phones. Wendy will probably at least mention it on Monday's show, when she can walk out to a lengthy, thundering ovation first.

Edited by Dejana
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Dejana said:

So I doubt the in-show audience knew yet

I understand your POV. However, unless the "in-show audience" has been living in an underground bunker with no access to technology,  they know. All of us know/knew. It's not shocking news.

This is Wendy's chance to address her situation (as much as legally allowed since she is still married) and turn it into a positive thing for her fans/audience. Show people you're a strong woman/person and that there is no shame in making bad choices in men (or wigs! 😁)or anything in life (drugs/alcohol).Learn from it and make better choices.  So far, she chooses to deny, avoid, ignore what the WW watchers have been aware of for a very long time.

It doesn't make her a bad person but she is, nevertheless, a "celebrity" and as Wendy often says "we'll be watching!"

• Love 5
On 4/12/2019 at 1:40 PM, druzy said:

Good Lord, could Charlemagne be any more GLEEFUL in this segment  😂? I remember him on her radio show on WBLS, he clearly witnessed some shit while working with her. And as much of an asshole he can be, he has never said a bad word about her and credits her for helping him start his career in entertainment. Even when an interviewer asked Wendy about him, she did the whole snooty “who’s that? I don’t know him” BS, he just shrugged it off. Only just recently has he been tiptoeing around what really has gone on with her behind the scenes. I agree that I hope that she follows completely through with the divorce and is able to cut him off completely, especially financially. 

• Love 4

I have absolutely ZERO sympathy for Wendy's "situation".  He cheated on her during her pregnancy...and then cheated on her over the past year or so (or perhaps throughout the entire marriage). She believes all is well with her marriage even through rumors/whispers of a side piece. Then she puts out a statement indicating that the only thing that would break them up is if the girlfriend got pregnant. Kind of pathetic since that means she was okay with him cheating as long as it didn't result in a pregnancy. You can't have it both ways, Wendy.

• Love 9
20 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

I have a feeling that she's been married in name only for awhile now. I can't imagine that Kevin was home for meals very often. Probably kept appearances when Little Kev was small, but once he left the nest? I don't think so. Big Kev has been living with the side chick for a few years, I believe.

• Love 8
12 hours ago, MsTree said:

I have absolutely ZERO sympathy for Wendy's "situation".  He cheated on her during her pregnancy...and then cheated on her over the past year or so (or perhaps throughout the entire marriage). She believes all is well with her marriage even through rumors/whispers of a side piece. Then she puts out a statement indicating that the only thing that would break them up is if the girlfriend got pregnant. Kind of pathetic since that means she was okay with him cheating as long as it didn't result in a pregnancy. You can't have it both ways, Wendy.

I once had a friend whose mom told her that she believed her (my friend's) husband was cheating on her.  My friend told me that even if that were true, she would not throw him out, what would make her throw him out was if the other woman got pregnant because THAT would mean her husband would have to pay child support, using THEIR money.  To her that would be the last straw, so some people feel that way.

• Love 2

I hope one of my fellow PT posters will correct me if I'm wrong (and I very well could be!) but I recall someone posting a video on this thread within the last couple weeks. It's a video of Wendy (from before this current debacle) saying that she believes if a husband or wife is cheating they should keep it to themselves. Don't tell your spouse. 

As I've said, I could be remembering her words incorrectly or possibly misunderstood. But I don't think so. Anyone else recall the video I'm referring to?

Edited by chenoa333
19 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

I hope one of my fellow PT posters will correct me if I'm wrong (and I very well could be!) but I recall someone posting a video on this thread within the last couple weeks. It's a video of Wendy (from before this current debacle) saying that she believes if a husband or wife is cheating they should keep it to themselves. Don't tell your spouse. 

As I've said, I could be remembering her words incorrectly or possibly misunderstood. But I don't think so. Anyone else recall the video I'm referring to?

Maybe it’s on u-tube?

I think that's where the PT member got it from who posted it here. I'm going to try to find it on this thread since it wasn't that long ago. It should be somewhere in the last 15 pages. 

Edited by chenoa333
10 hours ago, AgentRXS said:

I have a feeling that she's been married in name only for awhile now. I can't imagine that Kevin was home for meals very often. Probably kept appearances when Little Kev was small, but once he left the nest? I don't think so. Big Kev has been living with the side chick for a few years, I believe.

I think so too. But it was kept out of the press until Daily Mail published the article in 2017 that he had the second house with Sharina with both their names on the mailbox. Wendy's response was to ignore it publicly and make Kevin take her on vacation complete with pap pics on the beach.

I think she would have kept up the pretense if it weren't for the continuing DM stories, and of course, the baby. At that point it had to be clear that Kev wanted out and wasn't going to give in to any ultimatums. 

• Love 3
On 4/13/2019 at 5:14 PM, bichonblitz said:

She's been talking in riddles for the past 2 years. 

This. 

If you watched Thursday's show she said "doing better" after her co hosts said "how you doin'"  Friday's show she said something like "even better today" we know Thursday and Friday are taped on Thursday the day Kevin was served.  Even if the in house audience didnt know about that, Wendy knew the at home audience would know by Friday. Then the whole  I have a situation, was about her swollen feet but she paused to make people think she was going to say something.  She's doing her little shtick. Winking at us to make us think she's in control of it. She's not weak or frail or getting taking advantage of. Remember she had to tell us in the middle of her alchohol/drug confession,  non confession she does pilates for 2 hours , because she like to work on her body lol.  Wtf did that have to do with anything? It's like she was having a different  secret conversation in front of us. Maybe this was  when she still thought she and  Kevin would work out and was trying to tell sharina,   I'm still working on my body , bitch, idk. Her riddles crack me up. To bad sharina could not hear her over her own screams from the labor pains.

• Love 8

As much as I snark on WW, I am glad she finally womaned up and filef for divorce from her scuz of a husband.  Kudos for finally having enough!

However, I saw the article Chenoa referenced above and I am hoping she sticks with it. He's broken all the rules she set down for Kev's cheating.  I hope she kicks him to the curb.  It's going to cost her, but really?  How much does your dignity and self respect cost?

• Love 11

Wendy said Now my business is your business.  She's moving out of the sober house in a few days. She said she has a whole new life planned for her and her son. She said that addressing her addiction has helped her in every area in her life ... yada yada yada.

Edited by druzy
  • Love 3

I think that’s the best she can do. She said she’s moving on with her son. No mention of big Kev. She looks good and seems clearer than usual. 

Eta “ I’m on the loose!” 😝

Edited by Maire
  • Love 4

Hahahaha .. Wendy is back with a vengeance, attitude and confidence.   Guess the baby did the trick.  She bounced in, hopped on that chair like she was gonna break it.  Her sister came up from Florida, about time, and talked some sense to her and gave her support.  That’s what sisters are for Wendy.  It’s her and her Son now, and that’s o.k.  She’s got money and a job, still.

She has NO business talking about Tiger Woods and what he should do with his life.  Don’t over step your bounds Wendy.  You do not play golf, so shut up.  You don’t know what he is able to do.  He doesn’t need your advice on what to do with his life.

Too bad she wasted years of her life being a doormat.  At least she came out of it, finally.  It seems as if she was hypnotized and came out of her trance. I wish her luck.

• Love 8

Nope, Wendy didn't spill the tea like we wanted; she started off Hot Topics talking about Tiger Woods instead of her own dirt. Halfway through HT, she said we all have our issues - that she was dealing with her addiction and getting clarity from that made her see some other issues in her life that she had to take care of. She also said she will be moving out of the sober house shortly and focusing on taking care of her son. The audience cheered that, then she just went onto more gossip.

She DID drop a few pointed bombs during other stories - she pointed to her stomach and said "my diaper changing days are OVER!" after doing a story about someone (I forget) and the audience cheered again. BURN. She never said the word 'divorce'.

• Love 4