Type keyword(s) to search

The Wendy Williams Show - General Discussion

• Start Topic

My daughter was able to go into my accounts and fix things so that I didn’t have to delete the Mindthinkr account. Yippee! 

I truly hope that Wendy shows up for the show next Monday. Shows up mentally not just physically. I’m sure that she’ll have some tailored version of why she’s been absent so long. I’d much rather hear the truth, but I’m starting to question if WW even knows what the truth is. She must keep herself in an isolated bubble. Any normal woman wouldn’t stand for her husband to be gossiped about and not say something supportive about him. That makes me think all the rumors about his side piece are true. I saw a blind that she is going to be doing an interview with Oprah about her absence and getting a divorce from Big Kevin. Who knows if it’s true though. 

I sincerely hope that Wendy comes back like the Lady I met a few years ago when I began watching.  Delivering gossip with punches and actual scoop. 

• Love 14
3 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I saw a blind that she is going to be doing an interview with Oprah about her absence and getting a divorce from Big Kevin. Who knows if it’s true though. 

I have a difficult time believing that Oprah would waste her time on interviewing WW and I'm sure she has no idea who Wendy's slug of a husband is. Oprah only interviews A list celebs, best selling authors and potential presidental candidates. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 11
4 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

My daughter was able to go into my accounts and fix things so that I didn’t have to delete the Mindthinkr account. Yippee! 

Kids are great, and I mean anyone younger than 38, my niece just married and IT guy - wooooohooooo!

1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

I have a difficult time believing that Oprah would waste her time on interviewing WW and I'm sure she has no idea who Wendy's slug of a husband is. Oprah only interviews A list celebs, best selling authors and potential presidental candidates. 

At first I agreed with you BUT if WW opens up about the years of abuse, isolation etc I do think Oprah would be on board.  It would give WW a framework from which to launch divorce from the idiot.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, jumper sage said:

Kids are great, and I mean anyone younger than 38, my niece just married and IT guy - wooooohoooo!!

I still maintain that if I hadn't met my husband I wouldn't be on the internet, or have a cell phone.  🤣

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

This video has a screenshot of the stuff going out regarding tickets for Wendy's return. Apparently this person has someone that was able to get tickets after going through the confirmation process. Guess their photo met with approval. Another observation that was made had to do with how all the earlier releases about Wendy and her health included 'Wendy Willams Hunter compared to recent ones that just say 'Wendy Willams' with no mention of the Hunter family.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, jumper sage said:

At first I agreed with you BUT if WW opens up about the years of abuse, isolation etc I do think Oprah would be on board.  It would give WW a framework from which to launch divorce from the idiot.

Or if she writes a tell-all book but we know Wendy is going to do neither of these things. She will return to work, sit in the purple chair and maybe talk about and exaggerate her health issues. Graves disease, thyroid disease, how she had to spend time in the hospital. Her usual spinning and lying.  I bet she won't even talk about what really happened with her shoulder. 

• Love 9

Well, today is Monday, Feb. 25th, the day they announced Wendy would be back.  So, where is she?   We have Nick Cannon on again, or a repeat.  Producers probably said she would be back today to keep the audience going.  It’s beyond ridiculous, mostly because Wendy did not come clean with her fans.  This is life .. there are worse things.  Be honest with your fans Wendy.

On 2/24/2019 at 7:51 AM, Mindthinkr said:

I truly hope that Wendy shows up for the show next Monday. Shows up mentally not just physically. I’m sure that she’ll have some tailored version of why she’s been absent so long. I’d much rather hear the truth, but I’m starting to question if WW even knows what the truth is. She must keep herself in an isolated bubble. Any normal woman wouldn’t stand for her husband to be gossiped about and not say something supportive about him. That makes me think all the rumors about his side piece are true. I saw a blind that she is going to be doing an interview with Oprah about her absence and getting a divorce from Big Kevin. Who knows if it’s true though. 

I sincerely hope that Wendy comes back like the Lady I met a few years ago when I began watching.  Delivering gossip with punches and actual scoop. 

Thank goodness for these kids as they know everything.  My four year old Grandson teaches me things about my I pad I didn’t know existed.  Glad you are still “Mindthinker”.

• Love 4
On 2/19/2019 at 12:50 PM, Gem 10 said:

My thoughts exactly.  I think Wendy owed an explanation to all her loyal fans, plus her crew at the station.  There are people who are more important than her that have had the decency and respect to make a statement when they had a situation.  She used the same excuse over and over again which seems like bullshit at this point.  If her staff had to walk on eggshells around the set, that speaks volumes about her, and not in a good way.

Hi all....long time lurker enjoy getting up to speed on all your comments  about WW.  Currently, In my market her show airs twice, once at 1 a.m. and then at 4:00 am.   Six years ago, she was on BET at 11:30, I'd been through a pretty traumatic divorce, lost my mom and my job all in the same year.  I thought WW was great, She was snarky,but also seemed to encourage women that they could do anything and watching her was entertaining and empowering.  She was on BET for probably a year or so and then  I didn't see her again until she was schilling, tacky polyester clothes on HSN.  Felt sorry for the show host,, Wendy looked bored and looked like she couldn't wait to get out of there.  Her face was noticeably different - looked like she had a lot of work.

Had a couple nights of insomnia so I watched her show a couple times - once a rerun, next time there was the "round table" of D-list celebrities.  I just thought she'd been was just on one of her vacation, wasn't a big fan of this arrangement WW appeared "off"and instead of snark she was being nasty during HT and paused alot after each sentence.  It was uncomfortable to watch. 

Reading your posts have got me up to speed (bad choice of words).  My sister has Graves disease and takes medication every day that doesn't make her act spacey or dopey.  I did notice WW eyes seem to be bulging (an indicator of Graves-think of Barbara Bush who also had that occur).   A couple of years ago I was riding my motorcycle and was side swiped by a car. I broke my shoulder and had to have a couple of surgery with plates and screws.  I did have to go for PT/Rehab for 3 months, but still was able to do my job after being off a couple of weeks. It really irritates me that WW is trying to use her fractured shoulder as an excuse and thinks her viewers are stupid.

If she doesn't/can't come back and wants the "show to go on" she needs to take a cue from Johnny Carson/David Letterman and just retire.  Wendy with or without (I'm voting for her to dump the bastard) Kevin and just take a behind the scenes job/help produce a "new" show not a true "copy" of her show, but hire someone new to carry the torch.  YMMV.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
On 2/24/2019 at 8:23 AM, bichonblitz said:

Yeah I'd definitely be giving Oprah the side eye if she interviews WW. I think Oprah has moved on to more important social/economic/philanthropic issues! As well she should!

• Love 3

Jordyn Woods (Kylie Jenner's best friend who fooled around with Khole's baby daddy) will be on Red Table Talk (a talk show hosted by Jada Smith on Facebook Watch) on Friday. Vague tweets will be posted throughout the weekend and a twitter war will most likely ensue. This will be the hot topic that the talk shows will cover on Monday morning. Will Wendy cover this cheating scandal? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Do you think she would dare to spend time doing Trendy at Wendy on Monday? I think she needs to do three solid days of hot topics a full day on herself LOL. I saw someone who posted about tickets asking for people who wanted to do Judge Wendy. Not interested… 

• Love 4
(edited)

Maybe Wendy should rent a winnebago and take her show on the road. She could distract everyone with the crazy antics she and the crew get into along the way. 

Most of the Hot Topics are about relationships. If she doesn't come clean Hot Topics is going to be awkward.

When she was defending R. Kelly the sponsors threatened to pull their ads, so she won't be pro R. Kelly this time around.

• Wendy Williams, 53, voiced her support for R. Kelly last month and offered to have him on her show after breaking down in tears because he is illiterate 
  • A source told DailyMail.com that syndication company, Debmar Mercury was shocked by Wendy's comments and producers were in 'full panic' 
  • The insider said: 'It's time to take a different approach to R. Kelly before your talk show is gone and you're having to go on the road and open up for him.' 
  • The talk show queen was accused of victim blaming after she said the 14-year-old girl in Kelly's infamous 2002 sex tape, 'let it go down'
  • Weeks later, Wendy backtracked saying: 'At this point, what do you say? R. Kelly is apparently very guilty of a lot of things'  
  • Wendy, 53, had made waves in January after she told her audience she was 'sick' of the MeToo movement and labeled it as unfair

Wendy Williams is backpedaling on her support for R. Kelly and her criticisms of the MeToo movement after sponsors threatened to pull out of her show, DailyMail.com can reveal.

The often controversial talk show queen spoke out last month in support of the R&B singer who has been accused of various forms of sexual misconduct and has two pending lawsuits from women who accused him of giving them STDs.

Williams even asked her audience if they would 'be offended' if she invited the singer on to her show and then publicly urged her management team to make it happen. 

An insider has told DailyMail.com that the show's syndication company, Debmar-Mercury was shocked and dismayed at the direction Wendy took during the segment. 

Company executives allegedly begged her to tone down her support for R. Kelly after advertisers began threatening to jump ship. 

'It's already been a tough season for Wendy. The revelations of her husband's affair caused major drama at the show. Her illness cost the show to lose money during her three weeks off, which is why Jerry O'Connell had to come in and guest host one week,' the source said. 

'Now, her supporting R. Kelly despite his history of questionable sexual misconduct in this day of reckoning for women is misguided and dangerous to the business of her show.' 

Wendy was forced to take time off from work in February after revealing she was suffering from Graves Disease.

In a video message Graves’ Disease & Thyroid Foundation 2018 Patients and Family Conference she said the illness started taking a bigger toll on her beginning last year, her life 'has completely changed.'

Network executives called a meeting in late May asking Wendy to pull back on her on-air support for Kelly because they feared that the show could take a major hit. 

'They were straight up. If you lose advertisers over this, it's going to be a problem. So it's time to take a different approach to R. Kelly before your talk show is gone and you're having to go on the road and open up for him,' the insider added. 

Debmar-Mercury did not respond to DailyMail.com's request for comment. 

On a May 22 episode, Wendy switched her stance following a CBS News interview that morning with a woman named Faith Rodgers who is suing R. Kelly for sexual battery, false imprisonment, and failure to disclose he had a STD.

'At this point, what do you say? R. Kelly is apparently guilty of a lot of things. The law just has to catch up to the accusations. You know what I mean? I think more girls will probably come out and tell their stories... I think there will be more,' Wendy said. 

She continued: 'Where are the cops? How long will it take before another young lady comes out and they can ban together and call Gloria Allred or her daughter? R. Kelly, you need to lie on that sword.'

It was a stark contrast from her previous comments over the last five months.  

'Wendy loves her job. She lives to be on TV every day. The last thing she's going to do is intentionally jeopardize this dream opportunity, not even for R. Kelly,' the source said.  

Wendy had been slammed by critics who accused her of victim shaming.

Days after anti-sexual harassment initiative Time's Up released a statement calling for radio stations and streaming services to 'mute R.Kelly,' Wendy showed sympathy for the star while sharing her story about meeting him.  

'I'm not going to even belabor the point,' she told her audience. 'I know things about R. Kelly that I will take to my grave — unless he tells them.'

Wendy disclosed that no question was off limits and that Kelly had answered everything she asked him, though she promised him not to reveal the things he said.

The TV gossip also confirmed that Kelly, who has been accused of running a sex cult, was illiterate, something that singer had confessed to in numerous interviews in the past.

'And also, Robert, it's long been said and he actually did admit this to me, I was shocked he was actually admitting this — because he can't read, he can't write and he can't add,' she said. 'I won't tell you about how he maneuvers through the world.'

Wendy broke down in tears during the segment and even appeared to blame the parents for their children ending up being associated with Kelly.

'I can't understand not knowing how to read, write, or add and I don't understand parents who unleash their kids—that's it,' she said, before bursting into tears. 

The longtime TV personality, 53, also made waves in January after she said on air that she was 'sick' of the MeToo movement and labeled it as unfair. 

'I'm sick of this #MeToo movement. I love that people are speaking up for the first time and coming out and everything, but now it's got — I look at all men like, "You're a #MeToo." All of them. All of them, which is not fair,' she said. 

During that same episode, which aired on January 25, she also defended R. Kelly's illegal marriage to late R&B singer Aaliyah, who married the then 27-year-old when she was only 15.  

'R. Kelly wasn't a "me too." Aaliyah voluntarily married him when she was 15 years old. Her parents voluntarily let her do it,' Wendy touted during Hot Topics.

Kelly and Aaliyah eloped in 1994 after his tour manager allegedly secured her a fake I.D. saying she was 18. The marriage was deemed illegal and was later annulled.  

Wendy also made light of the 14-year-old girl in the R&B singer's infamous 2002 sex tape, saying that the young girl featured in the video 'let it go down.'

'It's those type of flippant remarks that have people thinking she's victim bashing. The idea that this woman dismissed a grown man sleeping with a 14-year-old on a sex tape because the underage child seemed experienced is a sick, sick thing,' added the source.    

According to the source, Debmar-Mercury executives believe that the threats from sponsors to pull out of the show are serious, as several high profile sponsors like Chevrolet pulled their sponsorship money from the talk show in July 2016 after Williams made disparaging remarks about the NAACP and Historically Black Colleges and Universities.

'We've seen what has happened to men who appeared untouchable when they became casualties of the #MeToo movement and sponsors stopping dropping from their shows. 

'The network fears that if Wendy keeps conducting herself the way that she is, she'll be the first big female casualty of the movement,' the source said. 

Edited by druzy
  • Love 1

I think this is going to be very “hot t.v.” this Monday IF Wendy comes back.  She better come clean about her absence and not pull the Graves Disease card.  She owes her fans an explanation.  I can’t wait to see how she looks, acts, and if she talks about herself.  Get out the popcorn, or tea. Haha.

• Love 4

Prayer circle for Wendy's return tomorrow, as it's supposed to snow in the tri-state area and we all recall how traumatizing it was when she got stuck in traffic for 8 hours trying to get home.  Let's hope that her first day back is not a repeat of that tragic event.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
(edited)

Wendy said let's get started because apparently I'm a Hot Topic.

She said thank you so much for waiting for me.

Blamed her thyroid medicine and Graves disease. 

Thanked her medical team and is happy to tell us she's doing well.

She said Kevin went to her doctor appointments with her and she is Mrs. Hunter.

She goes to the gym all the time.

She said one thing that sucks about USA is people don't have medical insurance.

Now back to Hot Topics. She thinks Jussie is guilty.

Edited by druzy
  • Love 7

Well, she showed up!

She look a mess, bug eyed, chewing gum, styling not quite right. Looks like she put on a couple pounds in a good way.

Thanked the fans.

Adjusting thyroid meds, vertigo, lots of medical tests. The Hunter family still together. Says she's been working out 2 hours a day, 7 days a week. "Don't know how the outfit is reading on tv, but mother hasn't gained a pound." Rambling about health care. 7 minutes & moving on to Jussie.

Druzy, how you doin? Lol

• Love 5

Now she's a nutritionist telling us we all can get healthy. If she's not going to spill the tea on her situation at least do Hot Topics. I'm not here for diet tips.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

She’s so hyper and babbling nonsense 100 miles a minute to deflect what really happened with her husband and his baby mama.  Fake laughing a mile a minute like a lunatic.

• Love 6
(edited)

UPDATE

"I want to shout out to my husband, still wearing my ring".

He's her best friend. She knows what the streets are talking about. Their marriage is strong.

Don't ask her about her marriage until her ring is gone and it won't happen.

Edited by druzy
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4

Gem 10, how you doin?

Soo boring--- then 22 minutes in shout out to Big Kev. "Still wearing my ring. Been together a long time & she loves him. Marriages have ebbs & flows & don't ask me about mine until you see this ring gone." Wendy called herself "this bitch" & they didn't bleep it!

• Love 4

Shout out to her husband, lol.  I have to take an Advil.  She’s giving me a headache.   Oh .. she’s in love with her husband, hahahaha.  FAKE.  I think she’s hypnotized.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, NowVoyager said:

Gem 10, how you doin?

Soo boring--- then 22 minutes in shout out to Big Kev. "Still wearing my ring. Been together a long time & she loves him. Marriages have ebbs & flows & don't ask me about mine until you see this ring gone." Wendy called herself "this bitch" & they didn't bleep it!

NowVoyager,  How YOU doin?  I am insulted, I tell you, insulted.  Does this woman with thyroid disease think we are stupid?  I’m wondering if she apologized to her crew, especially Suzanne.  Why is she talking so rapidly?

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, druzy said:

Wendy doesn't believe the Returning to Neverland victims. She thinks it's a money grab.

The guest judge something short Witherspoon was looking at her crazy the whole time. I would pay money to find out what he was thinking.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
(edited)
2 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

Ugh, now I don't want to watch!

If she's been going to the gym 2 hours a day, why couldn't she come to work?

She couldn't even throw a slice of cheese. 

ETA: She talked about people throwing cheese at their toddlers and she thinks it's funny. A guy came out with a platter of cheese so she could throw a slice.

Edited by druzy
  • Love 1

Soo bored. Trendy at Wendy is lame. A bit of shade: Wendy took her wedding rings off, pretty blonde lady put them on, Wendy took them back & said something about soiling the rings if you're in a bad relationship.

• Love 2

How can anyone take this woman seriously anymore?  I guess all the articles in the media were not true?  And, Druzy, how come she didn’t report the Khloe K. Story is right.  Is she not going to talk about cheaters anymore?  Guilty much?

4 minutes ago, druzy said:

She couldn't even throw a slice of cheese. 

ETA: She talked about people throwing cheese at their toddlers and she thinks it's funny. A guy came out with a platter of cheese so she could throw a slice.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha.  You can’t make this shit up.

• Love 3
35 minutes ago, druzy said:

Now she's a nutritionist telling us we all can get healthy. If she's not going to spill the tea on her situation at least do Hot Topics. I'm not here for diet tips.

I don’t need nutrition tips from the Wendy.  I never took cocaine and never smoked pot.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Vixenstud said:

Oy, who is the annoying dude that couldn't STFU during her speech?

He was annoying- I'll try to find a better clip 😃

This isn't a clip of her speech- it's The Breakfast Club and interesting. Kevin Hunter threatened someone who said he was going to spill the tea on Big Kev. 

Edited by druzy
  • Love 1

I can't... the denial and covering up is so sad.

I got angry when she defended Michael Jackson, but then I realized it's Wendy. I can't respect any of her opinions because she flip-flops on everything. She hated R.Kelly, ragged on Beyonce, side-eyed LL Cool J's sexuality back when she was on the radio - all sorts of foolishness. Then she's crying about poor R.Kelly, the misunderstood illiterate man, Oh Beyonce is the greatest entertainer, better than Prince and M. Jackson, and praising LLCJ when he got a Kennedy Honor last year. We see how she then made a 180 on Kelly a few months later. So, I can't really feel anger at this wishy-washy bint. I wonder if she'll then change her tune after watching the sit down with Oprah and the Jackson accusers.

• Love 7
33 minutes ago, druzy said:

Why didn't Wendy talk about the Khloe cheating story?

28 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

Ugh, now I don't want to watch!

If she's been going to the gym 2 hours a day, why couldn't she come to work?

I'm saying! 60 minutes of my life I won't ever get back. I had to watch 10 minutes of The Real with loud ass Jeannie Mai to hear about Khloe/Tristan.

• Love 2
(edited)

The rambling, and fast talking reminds me of when I combine a phentermine and a Lyrica to get some housework done.  The Valentino black dress and white sneakers was not a good look. She's not awkwardly pausing, and spacing out like before.  Glad she's back.  Part of my and my mother's morning routine.  No talk about Kevin's baby momma.  Maybe when she does that rumored Oprah interview,  she'll speak about it.  

Doesn't seem like she's reading the cue cards.  No stuttering or stammering.  Where's Norman?  I wonder what the ratings for today will be.

Edited by dgreen66
Forgot to add something
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2