Type keyword(s) to search

The Wendy Williams Show - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Wendy won't be back this week. In lieu of one celebrity guest host they will be having "panelists" host the show this week.

Monday: Hot Talk panelists Carla Hall, Michael Yo, Jenny Mollen Biggs and Bevy Smith; Kim Zolciak-Biermann and Kroy Biermann ("Don't Be Tardy"); Melissa Garcia stops by for a new edition of Trendy at Wendy.

Tuesday: Singer Taylor Dayne dishes about her new memoir, "Tell It to My Heart"; Carla Hall, Michael Yo, Nikki Boyer and Bevy Smith spill all of the tea during Hot Talk.

Wednesday: Dina Lohan ("Celebrity Big Brother"); style expert Jackie Miranne shows the hottest celeb accessories; Hot Talk panel Carson Kressley, Carla Hall, Michael Yo and Nikki Boyer debate the biggest headlines of the day.

Thursday: Milly Almodovar shows the hottest winter beauty gadgets; Hot Talk panel Carla Hall, Finesse Mitchell, Heather McDonald and AJ Gibson weigh in on the latest Hot Topics.

Friday: Dr. Drew weighs in on the latest celebrity headlines and tells about his podcast and KABC radio show; Ben Lyons has 2019 Oscar predictions; Hot Talk panel Carla Hall, Finesse Mitchell, Jenny Mollen Biggs and AJ Gibson.

Since Wendy is a Hot Topic will Dr. Drew weigh in on her "medical leave"?

Edited by druzy
  • Love 3
On 2/9/2019 at 3:25 PM, rcc said:

That was hard to read. Kevin is a coward and a little man. He abuses and cheats on his meal ticket. 

Agreed, super cringeworthy. None of it is really “new” news i.e. the lawsuits and Big Kev’s boorish behavior, but to see it all laid out together...I can’t help but feel sorry for Wendy. She is self-made and a pioneer in her own right. It’s almost admirable that she’s managed to do so with that barnacle of a husband clinging to her money for so many years and burning so many bridges with his nonsense. And with her trying so hard to justify his bullshit, standing by him, aiding in covering up all the crazy etc, it’s so textbook Battered Woman’s Syndrome. She has admitted to having low self esteem and I’m sure over the past decades they’ve been together he’s convinced her she’s nothing without him and that it’s them against the world. Which is why she has no friends, except for Reg(makes me wonder where their friendship would be if Reg was in NJ and around for all of the craziness and not in CA just hearing whatever Wendy tells her on the phone)and she’s fought so hard to keep their skeletons in the closet. The difference between 20 years ago and now though is that we are living in the age of easily accessible information, and they can’t just quietly sweep this stuff under the rug. We’re all watching it play out day by day, and frankly I’m surprised more information hasn’t come out.

I saw those pics of Wendy in FL, looking a mess, carrying bags with no shoulder sling (more proof that the shoulder thing is BS)...honestly she always looked a mess on her “off” days. The few times she filmed her after show at her house in Livingston, that was her exact look. For someone who has money and access to some great quality wigs, she definitely favors those frizzy blonde ones, as well as the frosted pink lipstick. That was her signature look in her radio days before a team of stylists. Despite all that, I really hope this means that she’s staying in FL with her parents, separated from BK and planning her next move.

I haven’t been watching the guest hosts and I probably won’t be. With all of Wendy’s drama, I miss seeing the old her on TV. It’s sad to see her downfall. I just...don’t know how she can come back from this, but she’s made enough money and established herself enough to where she doesn’t have to go back to TV. Just retire, Wendy...rebuild your life without that man and be happy.

• Love 6
22 hours ago, Angelsmom1009 said:

Agreed, super cringeworthy. None of it is really “new” news i.e. the lawsuits and Big Kev’s boorish behavior, but to see it all laid out together...I can’t help but feel sorry for Wendy. She is self-made and a pioneer in her own right. It’s almost admirable that she’s managed to do so with that barnacle of a husband clinging to her money for so many years and burning so many bridges with his nonsense. And with her trying so hard to justify his bullshit, standing by him, aiding in covering up all the crazy etc, it’s so textbook Battered Woman’s Syndrome. She has admitted to having low self esteem and I’m sure over the past decades they’ve been together he’s convinced her she’s nothing without him and that it’s them against the world. Which is why she has no friends, except for Reg(makes me wonder where their friendship would be if Reg was in NJ and around for all of the craziness and not in CA just hearing whatever Wendy tells her on the phone)and she’s fought so hard to keep their skeletons in the closet. The difference between 20 years ago and now though is that we are living in the age of easily accessible information, and they can’t just quietly sweep this stuff under the rug. We’re all watching it play out day by day, and frankly I’m surprised more information hasn’t come out.

I saw those pics of Wendy in FL, looking a mess, carrying bags with no shoulder sling (more proof that the shoulder thing is BS)...honestly she always looked a mess on her “off” days. The few times she filmed her after show at her house in Livingston, that was her exact look. For someone who has money and access to some great quality wigs, she definitely favors those frizzy blonde ones, as well as the frosted pink lipstick. That was her signature look in her radio days before a team of stylists. Despite all that, I really hope this means that she’s staying in FL with her parents, separated from BK and planning her next move.

I haven’t been watching the guest hosts and I probably won’t be. With all of Wendy’s drama, I miss seeing the old her on TV. It’s sad to see her downfall. I just...don’t know how she can come back from this, but she’s made enough money and established herself enough to where she doesn’t have to go back to TV. Just retire, Wendy...rebuild your life without that man and be happy.

Oh yes to everything you said.  She’s a smart woman and I can’t understand the hold he has on her.  People have divorced for much less.  She has money,  and it’s appears that she has had it, so should call it a day.  Today, the 18th, the show stinks.  I don’t know who these hosts are and I don’t even know who they are talking about.  This show has had it, IMO.  It’s broken and not enjoyable anymore.  They are picking at straws now.  

• Love 1

Love Carla Hall, Michael Yo, Jenny Mollen Biggs and Bevy Smith. Bevy can be a bit much at times but she does know how to show up for work. I wouldn't mind switching it up a bit and bringing back Sherri Sheppard as part of the four-person panel.

Wendy Who?

• Love 6

Why are they not cancelling this show? I don't get why the sponsors are putting up with this.  Maybe they are going to cancel it but have to find something to replace it with. The ratings must be in the toilet. I don't think I have ever seen in TV history where the host and star of the show disappears with no (true) explanation of what is going on or when they will be returning and they keep this mess on the air! 

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, Jaded said:

Since it's a syndicated show even if they cancelled it there probably wouldn't be a replacement until next season. 

At this point in time, I'd be perfectly happy to do household chores from 10 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. instead of "staying tuned in" to this crapfest of lies and degradation that has become the (nobody cares anymore) WW hour.

• Love 5

Is it feasible for a show to have their host take an open ended leave of absence? What if Wendy needs another year to get back to health - who got time for that? I think the producers have probably got lawyers working to figure out the best result - bail on WW and ditch the show or try to keep the train rolling with new a host(s).

I've been tuning in with the guest hosts and Hot Talk teams, but it just ain't the same as vintage Wendy.  Aside from all the snark she inspires, I think what drew me to keep tuning in to Wendy was that she talked like you were her friend and it was just the two of you dishing over a cup of tea.  Most of these replacement are too much in "host mode" - it's not as natural as Wendy made it feel.   I give her credit for that.

2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Why are they not cancelling this show? I don't get why the sponsors are putting up with this.  Maybe they are going to cancel it but have to find something to replace it with. The ratings must be in the toilet. I don't think I have ever seen in TV history where the host and star of the show disappears with no (true) explanation of what is going on or when they will be returning and they keep this mess on the air! 

My thoughts exactly.  I think Wendy owed an explanation to all her loyal fans, plus her crew at the station.  There are people who are more important than her that have had the decency and respect to make a statement when they had a situation.  She used the same excuse over and over again which seems like bullshit at this point.  If her staff had to walk on eggshells around the set, that speaks volumes about her, and not in a good way.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Jaded said:

Since it's a syndicated show even if they cancelled it there probably wouldn't be a replacement until next season. 

That means more crummy repeats, unless they keep these panels on.  I don’t watch anymore.  It’s ridiculous.  When does a new season start?  Anyone know?  Jerry is busy, Sherri is busy, Nick Cannon is very busy.  There’s no one left.

4 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

That means more crummy repeats, unless they keep these panels on.  I don’t watch anymore.  It’s ridiculous.  When does a new season start?  Anyone know?  Jerry is busy, Sherri is busy, Nick Cannon is very busy.  There’s no one left.

Fall is when daytime shows like this start their new seasons. 

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, patty1h said:

Is it feasible for a show to have their host take an open ended leave of absence? What if Wendy needs another year to get back to health - who got time for that? I think the producers have probably got lawyers working to figure out the best result - bail on WW and ditch the show or try to keep the train rolling with new a host(s).

I've been tuning in with the guest hosts and Hot Talk teams, but it just ain't the same as vintage Wendy.  Aside from all the snark she inspires, I think what drew me to keep tuning in to Wendy was that she talked like you were her friend and it was just the two of you dishing over a cup of tea.  Most of these replacement are too much in "host mode" - it's not as natural as Wendy made it feel.   I give her credit for that.

Absolutely.  It was a comforting show like talking with a friend, but, a real friend does not disappear for a long period of time and not let her friends who are concerned about her, know what’s going on with her. Right?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, chenoa333 said:

At this point in time, I'd be perfectly happy to do household chores from 10 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. instead of "staying tuned in" to this crapfest of lies and degradation that has become the (nobody cares anymore) WW hour.

Well, you can always watch Dina Lohan, the big star of the big star that was, on this Wednesday.  They are really reaching now.  I’m really going off the rails now, lol.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

I'm available! 😁

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I finally caught a show today. Ugh. I like Carla Hall, but the panel was all over the place and she can’t control the uncontrollable (Bevy’s chatter). I stopped after the first two segments of HT. 

I came into this show two years ago. Loved it. Now I just can’t. Wendy...you let me down. 

In reading up thread about Suzanne wanting (allegedly) to get Nick Cannon on permanently...well it doesn’t surprise me. Wendy at times humiliated her. She made her wear her HSN clothes. Dress up and act a fool during those contest segments. I understand why she’d love someone kinder and more stable at the helm of this show. Her speaking out about it (allegedly) did surprise me. 

• Love 10
6 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

5 hours ago, Jaded said:

4 hours ago, patty1h said:

I am just guessing here, since I'm no expert (or even an amateur) on contract law, but I think it all boils down to the terms of her contract, She supposedly is signed with the syndication company through 2022, who in turn sells the program to various tv stations. So, under what circumstances can any of the parties cancel the contracts? That's the question. 

Oh Carla, you never change. Flowing sleeves while cooking never works lol. She'd wear them on the Chew and I'd always say why,why?

I dont care if Wendy comes back. She isn't going say anything. She will probably be extra guarded and rude. I'm not even interested in her scandalous marriage ( well I'm interested in what you all say, not Wendy's lies 😂).

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 10
51 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I finally caught a show today. Ugh. I like Carla Hall, but the panel was all over the place and she can’t control the uncontrollable (Bevy’s chatter). I stopped after the first two segments of HT. 

I came into this show two years ago. Loved it. Now I just can’t. Wendy...you let me down. 

In reading up thread about Suzanne wanting (allegedly) to get Nick Cannon on permanently...well it doesn’t surprise me. Wendy at times humiliated her. She made her wear her HSN clothes. Dress up and act a fool during those contest segments. I understand why she’d love someone kinder and more stable at the helm of this show. Her speaking out about it (allegedly) did surprise me. 

Right.  I’m reading all over the place, Wendy & husband we’re not nice to the crew.  Bad work environment.  Guests won’t even come on the show anymore.  Nick Cannon wants a night show and won’t embarrass his guests.  It’s not his style.  If she did come back and didn’t talk about what happened, that is obnoxious.  I mean she is not royalty.  I think even Oprah, who is the Queen of shows would have the courtesy of giving an explanation.  BTW, I like Carla, but in her own element, with food.

• Love 4

Jesus God, no more Bevy, please! I didn't even care what point she was trying to make cuz I just wanted to slap that stupid look off her face! Carla did the best she could but that panel was almost as sloppy as Wendy! 

Taylor Dane is pretty cool, but wasn't she just on? I didn't realize she toured with MJ and Prince. I might have to read the damn book! 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I don’t know...I assume Suzanne has been in the business a long time and is pretty savvy.  I can’t imagine her sticking her neck out and campaigning for someone without first making sure they would actually be interested in the job.  I can absolutely see her wanting someone (anyone) else, but to be that blatant about it seems like career suicide (both in this role and in future jobs).  Unless WW specifically told her she’s not coming back and to start working now on finding someone she would want to work with long term.  But that’s what a close friend would do, and WW has no friends (except Reg. Allegedly.) so I can’t see that being the situation.  

• Love 2
6 hours ago, CynicalGirl said:

I am just guessing here, since I'm no expert (or even an amateur) on contract law, but I think it all boils down to the terms of her contract, She supposedly is signed with the syndication company through 2022, who in turn sells the program to various tv stations. So, under what circumstances can any of the parties cancel the contracts? That's the question. 

So would ditching your own show leaving it to flounder a slow death with no believable explanation a good enought reason to cancel her contract? Not to mention her unacceptable behavior on air for months before disappearing. If not, then she has one hell of an iron clad contract. 

• Love 2

My cable guide says that Dina Lohan is the scheduled guest, but instead, they roll out Lisa Lampanelli for the thousandth time.  Not that I was looking forward to seeing Dina, I'm a little curious as to what happened that made her a no-show.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

So would ditching your own show leaving it to flounder a slow death with no believable explanation a good enought reason to cancel her contract? Not to mention her unacceptable behavior on air for months before disappearing. If not, then she has one hell of an iron clad contract. 

I don't know! But to be fair, we don't know whether she has a believable explanation, just that she's not making it public with updates. I doubt the contract would allow her to just take off for any reason, for as long as she likes. I would think the only acceptable reason would be medical. If she has doctors stating she's unable to work, not sure there's much they can do, unless it's a permanent situation and she can never return.  Again, it would depend on the terms of the contract, and she has 2 years left on the contract. 

The assumption seems to be she just blew off her job and contract because her life got messy. If so, I agree, that's quite a great contract! Don't we all wish we could take an extended leave from work any time our lives got difficult. 

• Love 2

Just to let y’all know...

I have to close down this account tomorrow as someone on Twitter has tried to hack me. I thwarted them but to be safe I’m going to have to ditch my Mindthinkr name. Y’all have been great and I’ve enjoyed chatting with you. 

• Love 1

Come on back under another account @Mindthinkr!

Did east coast get to hear what Lisa Lampanelli said that got bleeped on the west coast. Some joke about resenting woman who got whistled at by construction workers (cuz she doesn't). 

Glad Finess is back tomorrow as I liked him before. I think I would prefer a panel of 2 or 3. 

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, CynicalGirl said:

Interesting!

And I agree, hope you'll come back under another name. Or...can the admin here change your user name?

I need to delete my whole email account. Be careful of social media. They got me through twitter. 

You’ll know me if I come back but I won’t be able to tell you that it was Mindthinkr as they might be looking for that name somewhere. I wasn’t the only person who got hacked by this individual. We were following a show and a few of us got hit. Very scary. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Just to let y’all know...

I have to close down this account tomorrow as someone on Twitter has tried to hack me. I thwarted them but to be safe I’m going to have to ditch my Mindthinkr name. Y’all have been great and I’ve enjoyed chatting with you. 

Come back as Mindthinkr2   no no no.

2 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

OMG!  Maybe Big Kev is hacking you.  RUN GIRL, YOU IN TROUBLE.

Edited by jumper sage
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Did east coast get to hear what Lisa Lampanelli said that got bleeped on the west coast. Some joke about resenting woman who got whistled at by construction workers (cuz she doesn't). 

No it was bleeped for us too. The timing of the bleep seemed like they knew what she was going to say.

Wendy Williams announces her return to her show after more than 2-month hiatus

Williams, 54, has been on hiatus from “The Wendy Williams Show” since December but will finally return to host on Monday, March 4.

“Wendy Williams is an incredible talent with the most unique voice in daytime,” the show’s production company, Debmar-Mercury, said in a statement on Thursday. “We can’t wait to welcome her back to her iconic purple chair on the set of her show …”

The statement continued, “We so appreciate all of the guest hosts and panelists who filled in for Wendy during this time. These people are, and always will be, true family to the show. And we want to thank all of the loyal and supportive fans who have been with us for 10 years now.”

Williams took a hiatus from her eponymous morning show to treat her Graves’ disease. She was hospitalized long-term but then was spotted out with a friend at CVS in Florida. Rumors about her husband’s alleged infidelity and abuse swirled as her absence continued. While she was taking care of herself, Nick Cannon, Michael Rapaport, Jerry O’Connell and more guests filled in for her as hosts.

While Cannon filled in for Williams, he provided fans with an emotional update.

“She said she wanted to speak as a family unit and her, [her husband] Kevin and [her son] Little Kevin, they said they are all good,” Cannon shared. “The love and the passion is still there because that’s what you need in times like this … is for your family to stick together with you.”

Edited by druzy

I think Wendy has seen these guest hosts holding things down and getting love and the ratings have gone up, (not sure if that is rumor or fact) and she realizes that she better get control of HER show again. Prediction: All of these facts cause her to return to the show before she's gotten her health 100%, she does the show for about a month or two and we start to see the cracks again.

I don't see her lasting to May 2019.

• Love 6

Yep, she is high-tailing it back her to claim her territory. ... ...and probably piss on it! 

So she is gonna subject us to yet ANOTHER week of repeats instead of letting the guests hosts do another week. Is that supposed to make us forget about their professionalism and effort and be all excited to welcome Wendy back?

Oh dear God, can you even imagine the fucking frenzy they are gonna demand from the audience that first day back? It will be a solid 5 minutes of forced clapping and chanting. Then perhaps some Q-tips in the eyeballs and nostrils! Totally fast forwarding that. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, druzy said:

I'll believe it when I see it.

Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice, shame on me.

We've been fooled about 4 times now.

I'll watch her first day.  And then show up here pissed off that she doesn't address anything except her shoulder and Graves.  I'd fall down if she actually talks about the rumors any further than saying that the Hunters are just fine, thank you.

• Love 8

I have successfully linked youtube up on my big screen TV.  It is awesome!  I went down the rabbit hole on searching WW and one of the many, many vloggers said she would return when guest performance surpassed her own.  One of them said she was going to do a prime time interview right before her return.  Fingers crossed.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, jumper sage said:

I have successfully linked youtube up on my big screen TV.  It is awesome!  I went down the rabbit hole on searching WW and one of the many, many vloggers said she would return when guest performance surpassed her own.  One of them said she was going to do a prime time interview right before her return.  Fingers crossed.

In the prime time damage control interview Wendy will say that this is the first and last time she will address the ridiculous rumors. There will be footage of Wendy and Big Kev holding hands walking through their backyard. Big Kev will pick a daisy from the grass and hand it to Wendy while kissing her forehead. End of part one of the interview, rumors addressed. Wendy will then speak of her Graves disease and how she needed to slow down hence her leave of absence. End of interview.

Edited by druzy
  • LOL 9
  • Love 2

I haven't watched any of the shows since she has been gone and I refuse to watch when she returns. She will do nothing but lie, lie, lie. So I will depend on you lovely posters to give your own glowing interpretation of her BS. If it turns out she's being honest then I will start watching again. Looking forward to hearing what ya'll have to say!

• Love 8

Why are we subject to reruns? Nick, Sherri, and the various panels have been enjoyable to watch. Wendy cares more about her ego than her viewers co-hosts. It makes her look desperate. 

Wendy is under contract with Debmar-Mercury so I get them standing by her. Lawsuits are expensive and spread ill-will. The timing of this suggests to me that they had a conversation with Wendy about her intentions which may have been in the form of a veiled threat to return or else. Sympathy only goes so far. I think that Wendy wanted to remind Big Kev who is the breadwinner in the family and didn't want to return until he came around or cooperated in a divorce settlement. 

I hope that they offer some of the guest hosts their own show. I will be there. 

Wendy better bring it when she returns. 

• Love 6
On 2/20/2019 at 12:58 PM, TVbitch said:

Come on back under another account @Mindthinkr!

Glad Finess is back tomorrow as I liked him before. I think I would prefer a panel of 2 or 3. 

Did they announce that Wendy was coming back Monday?  I love Carla Hall but boy was she Chatty Cathy today hah. No one else could get a word in. I know Heather was wanting to get many in lol

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Tammee said:

Did they announce that Wendy was coming back Monday?  I love Carla Hall but boy was she Chatty Cathy today hah. No one else could get a word in. I know Heather was wanting to get many in lol

Monday, March 4.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, rmcrae said:

Monday, March 4.

I don't care if she really is coming back on March 4th. She will NEVER be able to clean up the mess. If she ignores or lies to us about her lengthy disappearance, she can f off. Fake ass bitch! She will never spill the tea on her situation nor shoot straight from the hip. She's full of $hit and lies when it comes to herself.

However, I'll be checking in here to catch up on the WW gossip! 

• Love 11

The other female host was Jennie Mollen-Biggs, the wife of actor Jason Biggs.   Jennie was also there on Monday as a host.  Her husband hosted one day last week - he is the guy who interviewed the actress from "Orange is the New Black".

Edited by patty1h
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, patty1h said:

The other female host was Jennie Mollen-Biggs, the wife of actor Jason Biggs.   Jennie was also there on Monday as a host.  Her husband hosted one day last week - he is the guy who interviewed the actress from "Orange is the New Black".

Thanks for clarifying that. I had no idea who she is! But I do know Jason Biggs from Orange Is The New Black. I think he played Piper's boyfriend (before she went to prison.)

On 2/20/2019 at 12:30 PM, Mindthinkr said:

I need to delete my whole email account. Be careful of social media. They got me through twitter. 

You’ll know me if I come back but I won’t be able to tell you that it was Mindthinkr as they might be looking for that name somewhere. I wasn’t the only person who got hacked by this individual. We were following a show and a few of us got hit. Very scary. 

Oh no!!  I hope you are back quick, you're part of the family here!!!

Of all of the temp hosts, I liked Carla the best.  I've never been a huge fan of hers in the past but I was pretty impressed by her ability to carry the show.  Not sure I would watch "The Carla Hall Show" in the future but I'm a fan!

If Wendy comes back and continues to be boring and dishonest, I  may just have to finally drop this show.  It has been a shell of itself for years.

• Love 4