Type keyword(s) to search

The Wendy Williams Show - General Discussion

• Start Topic

22 hours ago, Jaded said:

Those pics of wendy look like she's "been ridden hard and put away wet"! But she always has looked ghastly in (the few) photos the paparazzi have taken when they've caught her off guard. No make up, scraggly wig....bags under her eyes. I don't wish any ill will towards her when it comes to her health and/or possible abusive relationship with Big Kev. Other than that, I'm down with snark! 

• Love 10
35 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

Those pics of wendy look like she's "been ridden hard and put away wet"! But she always has looked ghastly in (the few) photos the paparazzi have taken when they've caught her off guard. No make up, scraggly wig....bags under her eyes. I don't wish any ill will towards her when it comes to her health and/or possible abusive relationship with Big Kev. Other than that, I'm down with snark! 

Yeah I'm always amazed at how awful and scraggly she looks in photos outside the show. I get not caring about makeup, I'm sure the shows makeup is extremely heavy.  But her wigs always look like she picked it off the floor and just plopped it on her head no styling or brushing. 

• Love 9

Viewing alert: WW will be a judge on the next episode of Project Runway All Stars airing next Wednesday. It was taped in 2017, so before she melted down. I cannot fathom how she is qualified to judge fashion. 

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

Viewing alert: WW will be a judge on the next episode of Project Runway All Stars airing next Wednesday. It was taped in 2017, so before she melted down. I cannot fathom how she is qualified to judge fashion. 

I thought I read somewhere last year that there was a season of PR in the can when the news of the show changing stations came out. Wendy must have been a judge during that season.

I don't know why I prefer this Chronicle Speaks person's videos about Wendy compared to the others that put stuff out there about her on YT. CS's newest video says a friend applied for tickets for mid Feb., got approved and that the friend's tickets said The WW Show with Sherri Shepherd. During this part of the video CS  brought up the picture requirement for tickets then revealed that she was denied in the past and recently tied again for Feb. tickets. 

Another point that was brought up was that WW was probably in FL visiting her parents and a joke that maybe she has a Dr. that travels with her since she's not in the hospital. That official statement awhile back made it sound like she was going to spend extended amounts of time in the hospital to regain her health. 

• Love 3
14 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Like Wendy knows jack shit about "fashion" from 2017 or EVER. How desperate was PRAS to have WW for a judge. 

I agree, but  Wendy did 'design' a line of clothing that's sold through HSN - doesn't that qualify her??..……… (snerk)
Wendy almost looked unrecognizable in that photo of her coming out of the CVS in Florida.  Sheesh a little effort wouldn't hurt.  Could that woman with her be her sister maybe?

I've lost interest in her return date what with all the announced postponements, but could someone tell me when she's expected to return for real? (never mind)

Edited by Fishy
  • Love 9
On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 2:38 PM, chenoa333 said:

Michael Bolton is best viewed if you have on a blindfold.

OMG!!!  I couldn't agree more.... can't stand him - used to like him once upon a time, but now - UGH!

• Love 3

Wendy Williams’ hiatus continues as more guest hosts are named

Wendy Williams‘ return to “The Wendy Williams Show” is getting further and further away.

As Page Six previously reported, Nick Cannon is slated to take over the show from Feb. 4 to Feb. 6. Now it’s been announced that former “Orange Is the New Black” actor Jason Biggs will host the show on Feb. 7 and Keke Palmer will take on the job on Feb. 8.

Former “The View” co-host Sherri Shepherd will return to morning TV when she guest-hosts “Wendy” on Feb. 11 and Feb. 12, and then controversial comedian Michael Rapaport fills in on Feb. 13.

Bravo host Jerry O’Connell rounds out the bunch with stints on Feb. 14 and 15.

Williams, 54, hasn’t returned to her namesake show since it went on a holiday-season hiatus in December. She’s said to be in a long-term hospitalization to treat symptoms of Graves’ disease, though the New Jersey-based host was spotted at a CVS in Florida this week.

Edited by druzy
  • Love 7

Not interested in 80% of these upcoming hosts.  I like Michael Rappoport from his appearances on the Howard Stern show - he's been playing fantasy football with a bunch of the HS staff and he browbeats and verbally assaults them in a funny/aggressive way.  Whatever else MR has going on (and I know he's a shit stirrer in other ways) isn't on my radar.  I liked Jerry's week of hosting, so I won't mind seeing him again for 2 days.   Those other hosts... I think my mute button will be getting a workout after HT.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Like Wendy knows jack shit about "fashion" from 2017 or EVER. How desperate was PRAS to have WW for a judge. 

Whoa now.  Hold your roll Felicia.  I kid.  Lest we forget her successful fashion line for HSN.  Still there I believe..........snark

• Love 5
On 1/28/2019 at 7:58 PM, paisley said:

Monday 1/28/19

Today's show was good. I like this format. I would watch this everyday, indefinitely.

I like this show too and would watch these cohosts regularly. Not into Carson and Heather McDonald doesn’t let anyone else speak.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Tammee said:

Whoa now.  Hold your roll Felicia.  I kid.  Lest we forget her successful fashion line for HSN.  Still there I believe..........snark

I haven't forgotten her "fashion" line. I always felt bad for Suzanne because she had to constantly wear Wendy's "fashions". 

• Love 5

According to Hollywood Life Everything is Fine. Wendy and Kevin are not getting a divorce 😂

Wendy Williams and Kevin Hunter have been hit with divorce rumors yet again! But we can EXCLUSIVELY reveal the truth, straight from an insider who knows them best.

Wendy Williams, 54, and her husband Kevin Hunter, 46, are not separating. That’s what a source close to The Wendy Williams Showtelevision host is telling HollywoodLife EXCLUSIVELY following multiple rumors that they’re headed for divorce. “There is no truth at all to the separation rumors swirling around Wendy and her husband Kevin,” the insider says. “Wendy and Kevin have been together a very long time, they have longevity on their side with over 22 years married. Like any couple they have had their ups and downs, but they are happy and as strong and solid as ever.”

Wendy has been on a break from her television job since Dec. 20, 2018 due to a shoulder fracture, and the divorce rumors swirling around her and her husband Kevin have been louder than ever, as this Dec. 24, 2018 BET article demonstrates. Wendy, who has been spending her time off in Florida, where their son, Kevin Hunter Jr., 19, attends college, is now having to deal with an additional stressor beyond her health – people speculating about her decades-long marriage.

The talk about them splitting up has come up often lately, but the chatting has only stemmed from rumors. Our source says the rumors aren’t true, and that the couple hasn’t appreciated all of the divorce talk about them. “They do not like the split rumors and feel they are nonsense,” the insider says. “They have not only a good personal relationship, but a strong business relationship too [Kevin also works in the entertainment industry as Wendy’s manager]. They work well together and have no reason to split. Things are fine with her and Kevin.”

Meanwhile, Wendy has been focused on supporting her son, our source says, “and getting love and care from her family as she recoups from some of her health challenges.” We hope Wendy is back and healthy soon – but we’re sure she’s enjoying the downtime! Nick Cannon, 38, will fill in as a temporary guest host for a few episodes of the show on Feb. 4, 5, and 6, Page Sixreported. Now, if only the rumors of her and her husband would take a break, too.

Like any couple they have had their ups and downs-Her husband has a girlfriend who is pregnant with his baby that's not your everyday problem that most couples argue about.

Florida, where their son, Kevin Hunter Jr., 19, attends college-I thought little Kev attended school in Boston.

Edited by druzy
  • Love 5
32 minutes ago, druzy said:

the truth, straight from an insider who knows them best.

"THE TRUTH"! Straight from an "insider". Sounds totally believable! Haha! 

WE know the real truth and it really annoys me that WW continues to play us for fools. If everything is blissful in "Hunterville" why is Wendy hiding? 

• Love 8
On 1/30/2019 at 5:46 PM, Jaded said:

Wendy Williams Emerges in Florida After Postponing Return to ‘The Wendy Williams Show’ 3 Times

Well, where is the arm in a sling? This photo must be an old. Or Wendy is lying her ass off again about....EVERYTHING

• Love 4

Um, so now it is back to being just the shoulder injury, which the new photo doesn't even show her still in a sling, and she is swinging a shopping bag with that arm. And now it is classified as "spending time off" when before she had been hospitalized and was going to stay under the direct care of doctors and spend lots of time in hospital. And she is focused on her son... um, really, he needs support cuz she hurt her shoulder?! And, oh dear, all of us speculating is hindering her recovery, I feel so ashamed. Jesus God. Girl is like one of those murderers on Dateline trying to make their story fit the evidence.   explanation-smiley.gif

• Love 13
3 hours ago, druzy said:

According to Hollywood Life Everything is Fine. Wendy and Kevin are not getting a divorce 😂

Like any couple they have had their ups and downs-Her husband has a girlfriend who is pregnant with his baby that's not your everyday problem that most couples argue about.

Florida, where their son, Kevin Hunter Jr., 19, attends college-I thought little Kev attended school in Boston.

That's one of the most poorly written articles based on info from a supposed "insider" that I've seen in quite awhile.  Am I wrong in remembering that Hollywood Life is one of the more unreliable gossip sites? I may be confusing it with another one. As for Kevin Jr. that Chronicle Speaks person said something kinda funny in her latest video where she wondered if there could be a Kevin Jr. if Kevin Sr. is really Kelvin.

3 hours ago, druzy said:

Throwback to Wendy's interview with Whitney. 

I hadn't heard that interview before. My first thought was that now it's Wendy who sounds like Whitney did there in regards to defending her man and responding when discussing other family issues. Do any of you know if the original interview get cut off abruptly at the end like that? I like that Whitney gave Wendy a taste of her own medicine which eventually made Wendy get frustrated/uncomfortable with the direction things were heading in.

• Love 4

I thought Kevin Jr. was at Northwestern in Illinois?  

Where is that boy going to school?

Maybe that picture is "time off for good behavior" from rehab?  It has been specualted that she went to get off something or other?

I dunno.  But, I am getting sick of her time off.  I wonder if the Bosses who run her show are getting fed up too?  That statement of support from them was released quite a while ago.

Hot mess...

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Jaded said:

I hadn't heard that interview before. My first thought was that now it's Wendy who sounds like Whitney did there in regards to defending her man and responding when discussing other family issues. Do any of you know if the original interview get cut off abruptly at the end like that? I like that Whitney gave Wendy a taste of her own medicine which eventually made Wendy get frustrated/uncomfortable with the direction things were heading in.

Here is Part 2

Part 3

• Love 2

Us Weekly is apparently working with Wendy's PR team.

Nick Cannon Updates Fans on Wendy Williams’ Health: ‘She’s Doing Great

Taking time to heal. Nick Cannon updated fans on Wendy Williams‘ condition amid her health issues.

Ahead of his takeover of The Wendy Williams Show on Monday, February 4, Cannon, 38, informed the public of Williams’ status as he knows it. “She’s doing great,” he exclusively told Us Weekly at an IHG Hotels & Resorts party, which he hosted at the Crowne Plaza Atlanta Midtown during Super Bowl weekend. “I mean, I think it’s an honor for her to think that I can even step in for her, and she’s excited to get back as well. So we wish her nothing but the best and continue to pray for her.”

The comedian, who previously appeared on The Wendy Williams Show in 2017 and 2018, continued: “Health is first. I mean, [as] someone who also deals with autoimmune conditions, I know how it goes. You wake up one day thinking you feel great and you can hit a wall like that, so…”

Dr. Oz on Pal Wendy Williams’ Health Struggle: ‘I Am Praying for Her Rapid Recovery’

Sending positive thoughts. Dr. Mehmet Oz told Us Weekly exclusively that he’s “praying” for his friend Wendy Williams as she takes time off from her talk show to recover from complications of Graves’ disease.

“I am praying for her rapid recovery,” Dr. Oz told Us on Saturday, February 2. “Graves’ disease is a problematic issue because it doesn’t always get better quickly and in a predictable way. It’s an autoimmune problem where your body’s immune system is irritated and it starts to wage a war against itself including the thyroid gland. So you have to cool the civil war down — that takes a long time … it can take months, sometimes longer.”

No mention of her shoulder. 

• Love 1

Thank you @druzy for the 2nd and 3rd parts of that interview.

I didn't know that Kelvin apparently bought the condo his side piece was living in before that house that's now vacant down the street from Hunterville right around the time Wendy started her TV show. The condo was purchased a month before. He also purchased two Infiniti luxury vehicles, gave one to the sp which she ended up getting a ticket in and the home address listed was for the condo. I wonder where those two have disappeared to? I wonder if sp is really pregnant when her due date is and if the reason Wendy went to FL alone is related to any of that.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Jaded said:

I wonder where those two have disappeared to? I wonder if sp is really pregnant when her due date is and if the reason Wendy went to FL alone is related to any of that.

Questions we will probably never get the true answers to. It will all be lies, lies, lies. Until Wendy wises up, leaves him and writes her book. 

• Love 9
7 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Questions we will probably never get the true answers to. It will all be lies, lies, lies. Until Wendy wises up, leaves him and writes her book. 

But not forever. The truth always comes out eventually. I don't understand why WW thinks she is above the truth. We all know she's lying. Just tell us the truth and we'll all respect you more. 

• Love 4

I don't know Big Kev's real connection to the show. I wonder if Kev owns part of the show. Taking time off may be Wendy's way of telling him that he is not getting any more of her money. She is not going to work to support him and his mistress. If that is the case, Wendy better get back on TV before the viewers abandon her. A few of the guest hosts are doing a great job. 

I wouldn't mind seeing Michael Yo, Carla Hall, and Bevy Smith become permanent hosts. Jerry McConnell should get another chance too. I know that he is guest hosting but I want to see a permanent host.

Wendy is a public figure who has been celebrating season 10. We deserve better that than the No-Divorce myth.

• Love 4

Nick Cannon is covering up for Wendy. He said he spoke with the whole family including Big Kev, Little Kev and her parents. He said they are a family unit and they stick together as a family unit. They don't like the negative energy and they don't pay attention to the negative talk. It's all about Wendy getting healthy. He is doing major damage control. He said during Hot Topics that there are Hot Topics that aren't true and they just try to distract you from the real Hot Topics.

Edited by druzy
  • Love 4

Damn, it's the first 5 minutes of Nick Cannon hosting and I'm exhausted.  He is 10x as hyper as Jerry O'Connell as he tells how he spoke to Wendy and she's great and sends her love and we share the problem of having an autoimmune disease and we all have problems and you gotta depend on family and and and...   Take a breath, dude.  The audience seems extra hyped too - cheering and standing up like it's church.  I've had to mute it and just read what he's saying to give my ears a break.  

Jerry had zany, fun energy - Nick Cannon has crackhead/bath salts energy.

Edited by patty1h
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, patty1h said:

Jerry had zany, fun energy - Nick Cannon has crackhead/bath salts energy.

I just snorted / cackled so hard!  Maybe you should fill in for Wendy, Patty1H.  Because this Nick Cannon substitution is painful

He is such an unfunny try-hard---it's hard to watch.  Every other line referencing his delusional sexual prowess.  Or trying to act "hood."  But those pizza kids were cute.  And Cynthia Bailey?  Gorgeous!

• Love 6
6 hours ago, druzy said:

Nick Cannon is covering up for Wendy. He said he spoke with the whole family including Big Kev, Little Kev and her parents. He said they are a family unit and they stick together as a family unit.

Which means they will stand by Big Kev no matter his lying, cheating, abusive ways. I'm sure Nick Cannon spoke to Wendy's parents. What did they all have a sit down at the kitchen table to talk about Wendy? What a load of BS. He would grab that spot in the purple chair if it was offered to him. I guess he doesn't care about Wendy's oops baby comment. All forgiven. Celeb's are such phonies!

• Love 15

Maybe I am still drunk from the Super Bowel, but putting aside that he was CRANKED TO 11!!!!!!!!!!! the whole time, I found Nick to be entertaining during HT. I totally agreed with him on the Super Bowl and the lame white-bread boredom of Maroon 5, the lack of social commentary, and the hypocrisy of Adam Levine showing his nipples. And I did laugh a couple times, especially when did the jail math on that 69 character. At least he was opinionated, energetic, and having a good time and the audience seemed to respond to him. Suzanne had a huge grin on her face as they went to commercial. He does need to take a chill pill and stop mentioning how he personally knows everybody and has and/or will have sex with everybody. 

Wow and they even had special segments with visual intros all made up for him. I would not be surprised if he is hoping for a long residency. 

• Love 9
9 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Maybe I am still drunk from the Super Bowel, but putting aside that he was CRANKED TO 11!!!!!!!!!!! the whole time, I found Nick to be entertaining during HT. I totally agreed with him on the Super Bowl and the lame white-bread boredom of Maroon 5, the lack of social commentary, and the hypocrisy of Adam Levine showing his nipples. And I did laugh a couple times, especially when did the jail math on that 69 character. At least he was opinionated, energetic, and having a good time and the audience seemed to respond to him. Suzanne had a huge grin on her face as they went to commercial. He does need to take a chill pill and stop mentioning how he personally knows everybody and has and/or will have sex with everybody. 

Wow and they even had special segments with visual intros all made up for him. I would not be surprised if he is hoping for a long residency. 

Are you saying it was a shit show? Lol.

• Love 5

Damn, even though Nick was loud as hell, I enjoyed him. Definitely better than those panel hosts.  How can you not be entertained by someone who spills random Mariah tea.  Plus his shoes are to die for.  I was cracking up at his "I need a mature woman with a pocketbook." Still....I miss Wendy.  I feel like saying Wendy you won.  I dont need for you to come back and give me details on you personal drama.  Just come back cause nobody gives me the Hot Topics like you do.        

• Love 5

I didn't watch Monday's show. I did watch the video that @TVbitch posted though which had a bright spot and that would be Norman. It was also nice to see that he has his own office. I'm pretty sure Nick has nothing to worry about when it comes to Norman having a cardboard cutout of Mariah in his office. Seeing Nick arrive at the studio with one of his head wraps on made me think he might wear it while hosting the show. I'm happy to see that he didn't though. When he was on stage rehearsing I saw how low his pants were riding when his shirt went up and my first thought was that he should be past feeling the need to wear his pants like that. I felt like my Nana thinking it though.

I've said before that Wendy's show airs late in the afternoon where I am so reading posts here from those who see it earlier are a real help when it comes to deciding if I feel up to watching. 

• Love 3

Per this clip from The Daily Mail, the show staff is miffed that Wendy had a personal phone convo with Nick Cannon before he hosted this week, but none of them have heard from her.  She hasn't bothered to update the hard working people who handle things behind the scenes but keeps her celeb guest host informed on her health and family life.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, patty1h said:

Per this clip from The Daily Mail, the show staff is miffed that Wendy had a personal phone convo with Nick Cannon before he hosted this week, but none of them have heard from her.  She hasn't bothered to update the hard working people who handle things behind the scenes but keeps her celeb guest host informed on her health and family life.

Big Kev is going to be mad! I hope when he goes to the office to threaten them they all ban together against that big bully. They have every right to be upset.

• Love 6

If I can’t snark on Wendy, it’s not worth it.  I wonder if she and Kevin will go on a hunt for whoever in the production staff is leaking.  They seem to keep the show’s issues as quiet as her personal life like the stories about the younger staffers suing a few years ago.  Kevin seems to be a major issue.  Charlamagne wasn’t quiet about it.  He said that’s why he had to cut ties with her because of Kevin.  I hope she gets better or gets a divorce or whatever she needs to get back to herself, but I agree that it’s becoming more of an integrity issue that she can’t open up about her life the way she does about celebrities except the cringe-worthy story about Little Kev’s synthetic weed issues.  If anything, that may be one thing I wouldn’t bring up or dealt with differently because he’s not in the public eye the way she is.

Instead of Jerry, Nick, and everyone else, I would love to see Norman.  He actually does research and retains the information.  It might be interesting to see Susanne host a couple of small segments where she gets to have an opinion.

• Love 6

Okay I did chuckle when Nick owned that he was TOO LOUD. He does crack me up sometimes. He is certainly a performer and uses his stand up comedy skills to good effect. 

On Nick's first day I remember him saying how the Hunter family does not need and will not address all the negativity being put out there. I was like, um, you know who used to put a LOT of negativity out there... WENDY! If she does come back, how can she possibly start dishing out the nasty hot topic speculation again?! She will have to go through some kind of Oprahization. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, patty1h said:

but keeps her celeb guest host informed on her health and family life.

Wendy is really telling Nick what she wants him to say to the viewers and how she expects him to conduct himself while he's guest hosting. She's not updating him on her personal shit.

ETA: WW does know how to dish the dirt but what I hate about her is how she puts down women. Rude comments about their physical appearance for example. She should be supportive of women, not degrading them. Wendy is certainly not a good example of physical beauty or making good decisions in her own life.

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 12

Testing out the new format ...

Today it was Keke Palmer's turn and she was a pretty good Wendy substitute. She speaks well and had thoughtful and cohesive opinions on some of the Hot Topic stories. She also had a little bit of the 'homegirl' thing, that let her relate to the demographic. She kept up her side of the convo with the guest who was previewing the Grammy's and sounded intelligent, though she did get a little kiss-assy saying "I love them!" after every celeb name was mentioned.

I got distracted during the rest of the show so not sure how she held up when she went into the audience. I thought it was a little annoying that she changed her outfit 3 times during the show, but let a girl have some fun, I guess. Not looking forward to Sherri Shepherd, who I never really cared for and who I lost respect for after she married that loser a few years ago.

• Love 4

I thought KeKe was pretty good. I only watched hot topics but I did notice as I ff towards the end she had changed her outfit a few times 😆, ok. 

I will say  the minute Keke said something about her cohosts i thought, oh no, Wendy wont like that. However I guess Wendy has bigger problems than a young beautiful woman taking over her show. 

I enjoy the multi host shows better than single host.

9 hours ago, patty1h said:

Testing out the new format ...

Today it was Keke Palmer's turn and she was a pretty good Wendy substitute. She speaks well and had thoughtful and cohesive opinions on some of the Hot Topic stories. She also had a little bit of the 'homegirl' thing, that let her relate to the demographic. She kept up her side of the convo with the guest who was previewing the Grammy's and sounded intelligent, though she did get a little kiss-assy saying "I love them!" after every celeb name was mentioned.

I got distracted during the rest of the show so not sure how she held up when she went into the audience. I thought it was a little annoying that she changed her outfit 3 times during the show, but let a girl have some fun, I guess. Not looking forward to Sherri Shepherd, who I never really cared for and who I lost respect for after she married that loser a few years ago (AND when it came out that she didn't really know if Earth was flat or not).

The New York Post had this article on their website today.  It's more behind the scenes stories about Kevin assaulting Wendy, berating her on her weight, "insiders" saying that Wendy has been acting weird backstage for ages etc.  It also goes into her drug history and speculates what the reasons are for her current absence from the show.

• Love 2