Type keyword(s) to search

The Wendy Williams Show - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Anyone on this forum have experience with Graves disease? I am betting my lunch money on rehab for substance abuse or psychological issues due to hubby and the mistress. 

Some women can tolerate their husband's infidelity while others will even stay when their cheating spouse does it in public but very few will stay when the mistress gets pregnant. It might be a blessing if Kev got his sidepiece pregnant to force Wendy into making a hard decision. 

Some of the cohosts this week were okay. There were a couple that I could see hosting the show for the rest of the season. 

Where's Norman?

• Love 3

I didn't get to see Monday or Tuesday but I did see Bevy.  She is ridiculous.  So suggestive in almost all her comments, which I don't think is necessary on daytime TV.  She's the only panelist that I watched that I was about to turn off.  If not for Carson, I think I would've.

• Love 3

I like to stream the Buzzr channel which airs old game shows on TV and through their website. I do it through the website using my Fire TV or laptop since I don't get the channel through U-Verse or OTA. While watching one of the older shows recently this fee plug appeared at the end and it immediately made me think of the Hunter family. 🙃

rsz_kelvin.jpg.ebb314a7a87b1d9d8e3e81e8e6e12dc4.jpg

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Fishy said:

I wish someone would track down Wendy's Mom in Florida for an interview.  She seems like she'd be an easy mark to 'spill her guts'... 

It’s interesting to me that most (if not all) of the press has backed off of the WW stories and gossip. Considering how many people that she’s dissed in the past you’d think that one outlet would be willing and able to dive in to what is really going on here. I did read that 50Cent has backed off from going after her. She had some real dirt on him that she had been sitting on and when he began to mouth off, she/Kev began to leak their knowledge. It must be bad stuff because 50Cent has closed his trap. Still there are so many paparazzi and gossip mongers in NY and the metro area that surely someone must have seen something. Or know something. Yet all remains quiet. Must have been big pay offs made. She’s been one of the few people that I’ve ever known that wants to lay low that has succeeded. 

• Love 8

Wendy Williams accused cheater husband has completely taken over booking for her daytime talk show as the troubled host continues to stay out of the spotlight, RadarOnline.com can exclusively report. Kevin Hunter is demanding approval over everyone who is booked on the show,” a source claimed to Radar. “He has taken over complete control of the booking department, and will not allow anyone on the show who he doesn’t think is 100% loyal to him and Wendy.”

“His team researches every guest’s social media accounts, and if anyone has ever said anything he thinks is negative, even as a joke, they have been banned.” While the show has always struggled to snag A-lists guests, now Hunter “is making things even more difficult,” the source continued. “Staffers have renamed the show, The Kevin Show, Featuring Wendy!”

I am starting to wonder if Norman has been fired. 

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

I am starting to wonder if Norman has been fired. 

I looked on his Instagram and his last post was 12/31/18. His Instagram and Twitter still say Emmy-Nominated Senior Producer at The Wendy Williams Show. He was probably ordered by Big Kev to stay silent. I think his job is in limbo. It would be great if all the employees joined together and exposed Big Kev. He's creating a hostile work environment they can bring a federal lawsuit against him.

• Love 6

Oh my. I must admit that this news about Big Kev taking over doesn’t surprise me. I’ve read about him doing things like this before and this is just more confirmation that he’s a jerk. 

Going all through a guest’s SM to vet them...ridiculous. Wendy made her living saying not so nice things about stars and sometimes even to her guests faces. SMH 

Boycott the sponsors. Stop watching. Then they might drop the show and she can get on with having better health and is she chooses, a better life without his controlling ways. As much as I like to snark about her, I do wish her well. I think he is her major problem. 

• Love 7

Well, I know I won't be watching. Not interested in a revolving door of hosts. I quit watching her in real time awhile back, most of the time just watched HT and deleted from the dvr anyway. Lots of FF'ing involved in any case. Now, if they brought Jerry back to guest host I would definitely watch, but I'm sure that won't be happening. 

And I  hate to say this, but part of me wonders if Wendy is playing this up to get attention from Kevin. And get his attention away from the other woman. I had a family member like that, I swear she exaggerated her health issues because it was the only way to get her husband to dote on her. And it's not like Wendy doesn't over-dramatize. Remember how she cried for 3 days over being stuck in traffic during a snow storm or something? And she wasn't even driving, lol. She needs to remind Kevin that SHE is the star, and the meal ticket. 

• Love 7
On 1/21/2019 at 10:40 AM, Fishy said:

I wish someone would track down Wendy's Mom in Florida for an interview.  She seems like she'd be an easy mark to 'spill her guts'... 

I'm sure Big Kev has already taken care of that by ordering, demanding, threatening the entire family to keep their mouths shut............

• Love 5

Some fucked up shit has to be going on for a mom to rat out their son. He probably treats his mom like shit, too.

Okay, who is going to volunteer to obtain a National Enquirer and report back with the full scoop. 

• Love 7
5 hours ago, paisley said:

Come on with it Lifetime network: "Hot Mess- The Wendy Williams Expose". Casting choices, anyone? (Come on, evidently we're supposed to be entertaining ourselves at this point.)

RuPaul gets my vote! And since it'll be a Lifetime flick, do fuck it up, Ru!

3 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Some fucked up shit has to be going on for a mom to rat out their son. He probably treats his mom like shit, too.

Okay, who is going to volunteer to obtain a National Enquirer and report back with the full scoop. 

Right? This is the first I've heard of his mother or anyone from his family.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, paisley said:

Come on with it Lifetime network: "Hot Mess- The Wendy Williams Expose". Casting choices, anyone? (Come on, evidently we're supposed to be entertaining ourselves at this point.)

Laverne Cox and LLCool J as the Hunters, Jennifer Hudson as Sharina and Judy Greer as Suzanne.  

• Love 13
6 hours ago, patty1h said:

Laverne Cox and LLCool J as the Hunters, Jennifer Hudson as Sharina and Judy Greer as Suzanne.  

I love to see what Wendy's reaction would be if Laverne Cox was cast to play her in a movie.

Chronicle Speaks (Who sounds just like Porsha Williams from RHOA) uploaded this video to her account earlier. At about 2:00 into it there's a clip from the late 2000's from Wendy's radio show where she talks about Kelvin's family and whatnot. 

• Love 8

@Jaded Thank you for posting that clip re: Wendy and her MIL talking about Big Kev and her. So much is out there to sort out and very little gossip. It’s hard to know what the truth really is and Wendy is only going to give us the spin on her version of what she wants us to know. 

Agreed that Laverne Cox would do a good job of portraying WW in a lifetime movie. I’d actually love to see that. 

• Love 6
11 hours ago, patty1h said:

Yes! Perfect casting!

Not sure I believe the MIL story, since K & W are estranged from his family I'm not sure the MIL would ever get close enough to them to witness a beatdown. Mama's looking for hush money. Sounds like Big K's family is as low down and dirty as he is. 

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

It’s hard to know what the truth really is and Wendy is only going to give us the spin on her version of what she wants us to know. 

Exactly. She never addressed how she injured her shoulder, and there are really only two scenarios--either she fell, or she was assaulted. We know she would never admit to assault, and she probably didn't want to admit to falling either, after her faint on live tv. She didn't want anyone to think she was having any kind of health issues either. But she could have easily just said she tripped over the dog or something. 

At this point I think she'll just keep it to "complications from Graves Disease". That's what the "Hunter Family" said in their statement. Unless she files for divorce and actually comes clean. I just find that unlikely, because for whatever reason, Wendy seems to so desperately want to keep up the facade of this happy marriage and her big strong man being there to take care of her. 

• Love 7
On 1/24/2019 at 6:49 PM, CynicalGirl said:

Exactly. She never addressed how she injured her shoulder, and there are really only two scenarios--either she fell, or she was assaulted. We know she would never admit to assault, and she probably didn't want to admit to falling either, after her faint on live tv. She didn't want anyone to think she was having any kind of health issues either. But she could have easily just said she tripped over the dog or something. 

At this point I think she'll just keep it to "complications from Graves Disease". That's what the "Hunter Family" said in their statement. Unless she files for divorce and actually comes clean. I just find that unlikely, because for whatever reason, Wendy seems to so desperately want to keep up the facade of this happy marriage and her big strong man being there to take care of her. 

Wendy might be ok with being delusional, but we aren’t and don’t have to buy whatever story she is selling. 

Edited by Mindthinkr
Added a word
  • Love 6

The schedule for the week of 1/28 - more Hot Talk panels:

Monday: Bevy Smith, Michael Yo, Heather McDonald and Ellie Lee

Tuesday: Carla Hall, Michael Yo, Brian Balthazar and Devyn Simone

Wednesday: Sharon Carpenter, Rickey Smiley, Melissa Rivers and Heather McDonald

Thursday: Carson Kressley, A.J. Gibson, Lilliana Vazquez and Nicole Byer

Friday: No listing as of now

I will continue to watch the show out of habit and for the gossip.

• Love 8

Guests were good-content was good-pace was good. Especially like how each of the four took one of the segments , ie Bevy on Style, Heather on Trendy (I want the weighted blanket), etc.  Overall Grade-A . . . watched the whole show and had been fast forwarding a lot previously.

• Love 2

Radar Online is reporting that Wendy will NOT be (upon her return to the show) discussing her abscence/disappearance. She will be addressing her health issues and nothing else.

AND....the staff have a BIG welcome back party planned for Wendy on her first day back. I'm already disgusted with WW  fakeness, lies and b.s. I hope her show tanks forever. "I say it like I mean it...I shoot straight from the hip....blah blah blah". 

• Love 9

Speculation from another site that maybe she had some sort of mini-stroke.  That's why sling is on inside of shirt.  Doesn't want to show that her fingers won't move.  Also would explain the slurring, trouble walking, confusion, and trouble standing. With that, her Graves, and Big Kev's baby momma/side chick - that's a lot going on. But like others have said, when she she comes back, she'll say nothing about it, and start talking about other people's dirt.  

• Love 6

If/when Wendy returns, it may be a whole different show.   About 2-3 weeks before her last appearance, she sat in the purple chair and said that she would be changing her "tone" on speaking because of the rise of people getting in trouble for saying things.  She basically said that she wanted to keep her job so she'd be keeping it more civilized and choosing her words more carefully.  If that's her new philosophy, she may be doing a whole reinvention to toe the line of political correctness and causing a backlash if someone gets offended.

On to today's show -- I had the show on mute and was doing other stuff when Carla was interviewing Michael Bolton, but what I saw made me cringe.   He looked like he was in pain or drugged up.  He didn't look happy to be there.  Carla seemed all over the place - at one point, I looked up and she was in his lap.  I guess she was trying to get something going, but it just looked like a trainwreck to me.  Was it as bad as it looked or was it better if I had the volume turned up?  

• Love 4

Re: today's show:

31 minutes ago, patty1h said:

On to today's show -- I had the show on mute and was doing other stuff when Carla was interviewing Michael Bolton, but what I saw made me cringe.   He looked like he was in pain or drugged up.  He didn't look happy to be there.  Carla seemed all over the place - at one point, I looked up and she was in his lap.  I guess she was trying to get something going, but it just looked like a trainwreck to me.  Was it as bad as it looked or was it better if I had the volume turned up?  

IMHO Michael is always a "stiff" guest.  He reminds me of Harrison Ford...very monotone/flat affect.  And Carla is always a bit all over the place (though love her and miss The Chew so much!).  She was in his lap because he was promoting a fragrance based on "love" so she was pretending to waft it towards him and showed the effect that the perfume had on her.  haha  She is sweet and genuine, and at least showed more personality than Wendy would have.

The past 2 days have been pretty decent...good flow and command of the topics.  I just think in general there are too many 4-panel shows on.  Devyn Simone is always sort of annoying to me.  She tries too hard to be noticed and mention that she's been on reality, or how she's a matchmaker etc.  I like Michael Yo and Carla (though not shady enough for this show for something long-term) and Brian B (today he was just okay, but 2 weeks ago he had me lol'ing several times). 

• Love 6

I'm just watching just HT. They are okay, but I am realizing more and more that even though I kind of "hate watched" Wendy, part of the reason I stuck with her was her total sloppiness, and also so I could then snark about her with you guys. With the panels there is no slopiness and really nothing you can snark at. If Wendy comes back all proper and PC, don't know if she can hold my interest. I mean, if you are just going to report entertainment news, we have Access Hollywood for that shit.  

Too bad Wendy can't see the ratings bonanza it would be if she just straight-talked her situation. But then, I'm SURE Kevin would never allow that. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, dgreen66 said:

Speculation from another site that maybe she had some sort of mini-stroke.  That's why sling is on inside of shirt.  Doesn't want to show that her fingers won't move.  Also would explain the slurring, trouble walking, confusion, and trouble standing. With that, her Graves, and Big Kev's baby momma/side chick - that's a lot going on. But like others have said, when she she comes back, she'll say nothing about it, and start talking about other people's dirt.  

I actually bought her story about why the sling was inside. If it was to stay immobilized it would be too painful (and unwise) to put a shirt on under it. And I think I saw her fingers moving under it one day, like she was playing with her boob lol.

And I can't remember for sure, but wasn't she sitting in her chair in the audience segments before the shoulder injury? I think she injured it in a fall, or by collapsing/fainting like she did on air last Halloween. She hasn't been "right" since. Probably didn't take enough time off the first go-around. 

I agree she'll be vague, as usual, when and if she comes back.

Edited by CynicalGirl
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, CynicalGirl said:

saw her fingers moving under it one day, like she was playing with her boob

It would take a lot more than fingers to play with Wendy's boobs. Maybe Sasquatch could accommodate her?

As the saying goes " people who have nothing to hide, hide nothing." And WW is hiding the truth of what is going on in her life. The truth WILL come out someday soon. 

I feel sorry for Norman, Suzanne and the other staff members who have to pretend they're SO happy to see Wendy again. 

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, KWalkerInc said:

I just read on Wendy's Twitter page that Nick Cannon is hosting the show next Monday through Wednesday, rather than the panels.

Ironic. I wonder if Wendy ever apologized to Nick for calling his child a "whoops baby".

Edited by druzy
  • Love 5
58 minutes ago, druzy said:

Ironic. I wonder if Wendy ever apologized to Nick for calling his child a "whoops baby".

I don't think Wendy ever apologizes for anything she says about celebrities that crosses the line.

I like Nick Cannon. I hope he does a fantastic job of replacing Wendy.....FOREVER!

• Love 7

I could see her crafting a story that she and Kevin are NOT separated and her marriage is the most awesome marriage ever, and she is just living in NYC for her health while he stays in NJ.

Maybe Nick will try to "steal" her show. 

• Love 5

According to Page Six, Nick is hosting the WW show Monday Feb 4th - Wednesday Feb 6th. So is WW returning on Thursday Feb 7th? We know she always tapes Friday's show on Thursday so does this mean she's returning for ONE day of taping? Why not just come back on Monday Feb. 11th? Such b.s. 

I think WW knows the ship is sinking. Maybe she wants to "jump ship" but Big Fat Kev won't let her. How embarrassing for Wendy (in her mind) to EVER admit she's an abused woman. We're watching the train wreck that all of us knew was coming. Very sad, but nevertheless, entertaining!

• Love 6