Type keyword(s) to search

The Wendy Williams Show - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Everything seemed back to normal today, except the chair is still in the audience, joined by the plexiglass stand Wendy leaned on while doing Ask Wendy.  Very surprised that she didn't bring up the Cardi B/Offset breakup at all since it was announced last week.  Wendy used to blurt out every move CB made a few months ago, now the silence is kind of unusual.  The only thing I could think of is maybe they're friends on the down-low and Wendy doesn't want to trash her BFF on the air. She had a few flubs, like saying that Michelle Williams, who broke up with her fiancee, had a child.   No, Wendy, that couple had announced that they were going to be celibate until marriage.  

The Holiday Gift giveaway started today and the audience didn't have a very enthusiastic response towards this years stuff - $300 coupon towards an app that lets you get digital prints mountable for hanging and a modern-style sofa.  Half of the audience didn't even stand and clap when that couch was rolled out.   Like last year, I found myself focusing on those men dressed up in sparkly uniforms whose job it is to hand-wave at the holiday goods.  Oooh, aaah, nice gift!   This year, they show their faces; last year they wore Nutcracker masks.   I would be so humiliated.

Edited by patty1h
  • Love 3

Ok I'm asking but I know it only because Wendy is just a miserable person.  Why does she dislike Carrie Ann . Carrie Ann seems harmless.  I dont watch the talk very often but I have watched and the whole show is safe it's very  Hollywood fluff. I think Carrie Ann will fit in fine. 

Oh my God!  Another Meghan is the devil story. Hmmm, like we've  never seen the Royals or the people around them spin stories against a person who is seen as an outsider.  It's all so odd. There was the crazy everything Meghan is amazing stories, now it's Meghan is awful let's tear her down.

Why does wendy like Meghan's dad, why? What has he done that seems likable. 

I dont even care about the Royals but lord it's on every show first was the wedding now she has Harry under a spell . 😁

Wendy seems to barely have the energy to do the show she. She doesn't  have a bit of enthusiasm for it anymore. 

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Ok I'm asking but I know it only because Wendy is just a miserable person.  Why does she dislike Carrie Ann . Carrie Ann seems harmless.  I dont watch the talk very often but I have watched and the whole show is safe it's very  Hollywood fluff. I think Carrie Ann will fit in fine. 

I'm sure it's because she's still bitter as hell about her sucking on DWTS, although she'll insist she didn't care. But Wendy still delusionally believes the judges were unfair to her when I swear to you, Wendy couldn't even walk on beat. Really, the YouTube videos are probably still available. 

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

I'm sure it's because she's still bitter as hell about her sucking on DWTS, although she'll insist she didn't care. But Wendy still delusionally believes the judges were unfair to her when I swear to you, Wendy couldn't even walk on beat. Really, the YouTube videos are probably still available. 

How did I forget about her being on the show. I can't believe she was on there. The barley able to walk Wendy, wow. Has her mobility gotten worse since then? I'll have to look up some clips of wendy.  

Your point makes sense, of course she's still bitter.

• Love 3

OK, normally the only time I see WW’s show is in bits and pieces, via clips on YouTube or Facebook. I’m home from work today (Richmond, VA, 9” of snow yesterday) so am actually watching it on daytime TV. Is she recovering from surgery, or a TBI, or something? I don’t like her as a person but am kind of concerned. She seems very “off”—strange pauses and silences, and generally just awkward and out of it. Anyone know what the deal is?

• Love 3
Just now, Coffeewinewater said:

How did I forget about her being on the show. I can't believe she was on there. The barley able to walk Wendy, wow. Has her mobility gotten worse since then? I'll have to look up some clips of wendy.  

Your point makes sense, of course she's still bitter.

Found one. For your enjoyment. 

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, Liamsmom617 said:

OK, normally the only time I see WW’s show is in bits and pieces, via clips on YouTube or Facebook. I’m home from work today (Richmond, VA, 9” of snow yesterday) so am actually watching it on daytime TV. Is she recovering from surgery, or a TBI, or something? I don’t like her as a person but am kind of concerned. She seems very “off”—strange pauses and silences, and generally just awkward and out of it. Anyone know what the deal is?

She’s not recovering from anything that we are privy to but her health has seemed to decline since her fainting spell earlier this year. I have read a Blind that says she belongs in rehab for something, but I have no clue what that might be. She is definitely going downhill and it isn’t entertaining to watch. 

• Love 7

I was reading through the comments on Wendy's Youtube channel and a few people there are thinking that she has an "breast implant illness".  Supposedly, implants should be changed every 10 years and sometimes they start to leak and/or your body starts to reject them which affects your autoimmune system.  One of the listed ailments is cognitive dysfunction (brain fog and memory loss).

• Love 5

Wendy doesn't talk about Dancing with the Stars anymore. She don't care, y'all. However, before she went on it and got low scores and an early boot, she cared A LOT. She always talked about the show. She used her pointer and a chart would drop down from the ceiling and she would discuss it every week, every season. Definitely a case of being a Bitter Betty. 

I also thought she seem extra spacey today. The Inside Scoop guy had to ask her repeatedly to get her to chime in on stuff. She just kind of sat there mumbling and then suddenly she would have a burst of a couple sentences and then back to being quiet. She look like she had some anxiety goin on, or maybe was just feeling unwell. It was spooky. 

• Love 5

She had a real hang up today about telling people to handle their business off social media.  Like, she said it 10 times after ever hot topic.  I wonder what that was all about?

Megan Markle did not bewitch Harry.  She's having issues for very good reasons.  1) She's American.  She hasn't spent her whole life with royals, hasn't studied them, and hasn't reveared them.  This is all new to her American ass.  And 2) she was a working actress.  Meaning, she may be used to being a bit demanding and getting her way.  Even the least "divaish" actress in Hollywood is more of a diva than the average woman.

Anyway, the assistants may have less patience with her because she's a dirty American.

Point being that Wendy has no idea what is happening in England, certainly no more idea that I do.  Stop hating.

• Love 6
17 hours ago, patty1h said:

I was reading through the comments on Wendy's Youtube channel and a few people there are thinking that she has an "breast implant illness".  Supposedly, implants should be changed every 10 years and sometimes they start to leak and/or your body starts to reject them which affects your autoimmune system.  One of the listed ailments is cognitive dysfunction (brain fog and memory loss).

The more I think about what you posted, the more I think that Wendy at minimum needs to rule “breast implant illness” out. Also Lyme disease or early onset Alzheimer’s. She needs a very good diagnostician. I’m sure Big Kev isn’t pushing her to get checked out because he will benefit from her demise and get a redo of marriage with Ms Morristown.  

• Love 3

There goes Wendy again saying Prince Harry can't get divorced. Does this dumbass even hear herself? Of course he can get divorced. Any damn time he wants. Look at his dad and Mom, Wendy. Or his uncle and aunt. Not that I wish that on him at all but Wendy acts like it can't happen because Royals don't divorce. I can't stand her ignorance. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 5

Oh, damn!  Wendy came out pissed with an attitude. She sat down and started on a tirade.   Apparently, someone on her staff told her that a lot of people are speculating about her using a chair in the audience.  Wendy wagged her finger as she stared in the camera and told us all that it's her show and she'll do whatever she wants.  She works hard, like travelling on the weekends for her foundation/overnight trips and it's a lot, and it takes a toll, so if she wants to sit, she'll sit.  She also said that she will cry, fart, burp, clear her throat, etc. because she created this show and it's one of a kind.   Of course, the audience clapped like a bunch of seals.  

Her guest today is Martha Stewart -- they have a table set up and Martha and Wendy are doing Xmas crafts, making little tree-shaped table setting cards, etc.   Martha is standing and Wendy is sitting.  IMO if you're wearing yourself out with so many activities to the point that you can't stand up a few times during your one hour show, that is a problem.  I also get a sense of denial.  She gets no sympathy from me on that front.

Those holiday gift presenter dudes have their faces covered today - someone found the Nutcracker masks from last year and they're using them again.  

Edited by patty1h
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, patty1h said:

Oh, damn!  Wendy came out pissed with an attitude. She sat down and started on a tirade.   Apparently, someone on her staff told her that a lot of people are speculating about her using a chair in the audience.  Wendy wagged her finger as she stared in the camera and told us all that it's her show and she'll do whatever she wants.  She works hard, like travelling on the weekends for her foundation/overnight trips and it's a lot, and it takes a toll, so if she wants to sit, she'll sit.  She also said that she will cry, fart, burp, clear her throat, etc. because she created this show and it's one of a kind.   Of course, the audience clapped like a bunch of seals.  

Wow... she really is full of herself. Sad to see how much she has changed. I guess she has forgotten that without the viewers she is nothing. Does she think the only ones that matter are the trained seals in the audience? Who wants to tune in to a show and listen to that. Miserable woman. 

• Love 11

Her story on Shannon Beador from RHOC. Wendy said nobody knows what Shannon's ex David does for a living other than "entrepreneur". It's been a well known fact since Shannon came on RHOC that David owns a very successful construction company that builds freeways, bridges...Wendy gives out so much false information and doesnt care about getting the facts. Keep working your ass off girl!

• Love 12

WW on her talk show hosting abilities: "Day or night, nobody does it better than me!" ... giggle.gif

So she is sitting cuz she "wants to," and she "feels swell," and she "busts her ass every. single. day." AKA, "Fuck off, everybody!" 

It is telling that tons of people are noticing to the point of commenting. Even today she was flip flopping the words around in sentences. But she did seem better prepared for the interview, or I should say, someone wrote our relevant questions for her to ask Martha. Why not have Martha sit for the crafting too, so we wouldn't notice so much. 

• Love 8

Her rant was basically "kiss my ass, haters".  Someone on the staff or in her personal life is feeding her ego to a dangerous degree for her to make that statement "nobody does it better than me".  It will be ugly when she falls.

8 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

I sometimes watch her show on YouTube and people also leave comments about her and they're not good! Pretty much the same thing all of us here on PT forums are saying. Sometimes worse but still true.

I know!  I love to read those comments cause those folks don't play and many are hilarious.   I just refreshed the page, waiting to see how they took Wendy's little speech today.

• Love 6

Wow...if she was the hardest working talk show host then she would be more prepared and would be able to at least pronounce people's names correctly.  And why is she still constantly talking about the "6-week sneak peek?"  BFD you busted your ass 11 years ago while doing a radio show (how hard is that exactly?) and trying to get your show off the ground.  Stop mentioning it like you're the only one who has ever worked 2 jobs.

How she could have gracefully addressed it is: "Many of you are questioning why I sit so much more often.  Thank you for your concern.  As you know I have Graves etc and have been making more of an effort to take care of myself this year.  You may not realize that I do a lot of traveling and work behind the scenes.  Sitting down a bit more is just one small way that I can exercise self-care so I can continue to do as much as possible and bring you the best show possible." 

• Love 19

I was thinking the same thing, abc. Wendy could have just said she needs to sit due to her medical condition, or to the effects of a medication. But Wendy can't do that, cuz she doesn't understand that other people might actually have compassion for that, cuz she herself doesn't have any friends that she trusts. She thinks everybody is a backstabber or just waiting to rob you or take you down or even kill you or whatever. How many times has she told us this. So, of course, she doesn't want to appear vulnerable. I don't have too much sympathy for her, as she has made her own bed, and plus she has always touted "say it like you mean it" but that never applies to her own life --just everybody else's. 

• Love 8

Wendy gave us her take on why she sits so much...because she can. She busts her butt more than any other talk show host. She flies to LA and back in one day? Whatever for? It’s not like she’s booking good guests out there. Perhaps wining and dining them, but it doesn’t look to be yielding good results. She did look nervous about something...legs swinging.

I take exception to her going after Jennifer Garner. She has been nothing but a class act. Fix your own life first. 

The audience didn’t look enthusiastic. Not a lot of smiling faces and happy clapping. 

Now she is getting defensive about coughing. I guess someone showed her the PTV or Reddit threads! 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

Now she is getting defensive about coughing. I guess someone showed her the PTV or Reddit threads! 

Most celebrities don't pay much attention to comments on social media because they know there's always going to be negative opinions. Wendy is obsessed with having her staff read and report back, all of the shit people say about her. She's nuts. Period. 

ETA: And go ahead doing whatever you want cause it's YOUR show. Continue burping, coughing, picking your nose. We're all waiting for you to shit yourself and tell us "it's MY show and I'll shit if I want to"

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 12
5 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Her story on Shannon Beador from RHOC. Wendy said nobody knows what Shannon's ex David does for a living other than "entrepreneur". It's been a well known fact since Shannon came on RHOC that David owns a very successful construction company that builds freeways, bridges...Wendy gives out so much false information and doesnt care about getting the facts. Keep working your ass off girl!

Yup, it's no secret where David Beador gets his millions. He didn't come from money. He worked his ass off to get where he is. Just like you, Wendy! 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Yup, it's no secret where David Beador gets his millions. He didn't come from money. He worked his ass off to get where he is. Just like you, Wendy! 

Plus he didn’t have to pay out to a manager (Big Kev), make up and hair (wig) people, a PR person, a stylist etc so he has been able to keep most of his money and hopefully invested it wisely. 

• Love 5
15 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Norman had to correct her at least 3 times in HT. That's just today. Good grief. 

I'm surprised Norman didn't correct her on the "David Beador is an entrepreneur" claim. Usually Norman has the facts correct so he can remind Wendy. But obviously, even Norman didn't give a shit about reporting facts either. 

And I was waiting for Wendy or Norman to mention the "David Beadors gf is pregnant". Old news. But nada. Nobody said a word. 

ANYBODY can sit in a chair on national TV and report false accusations. And nobody does it better than Wendy!

I was also wondering if anyone else noticed something that Wendy did during her craft making segment with Martha Stewart. Martha said something to Wendy about "well you should come this weekend to (I dont recall the event) and meet my (grandson?).  I swear I heard Wendy make some sound of absolute disgust (like thinking " ugh, no i dont want to go") and she did an eyeroll that Martha couldn't see. Anybody else here catch that moment or am I wrong?

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

I was also wondering if anyone else noticed something that Wendy did during her craft making segment with Martha Stewart. Martha said something to Wendy about "well you should come this weekend to (I dont recall the event) and meet my (grandson?).  I swear I heard Wendy make some sound of absolute disgust (like thinking " ugh, no i dont want to go") and she did an eyeroll that Martha couldn't see. Anybody else here catch that moment or am I wrong?

Yup, I caught the attitude. She also sat on the couch with Martha snickering and making faces while Martha was talking about loving Christmas, decorating for Christmas and having her big open house party and inviting all her neighbors. Then Wendy saying she would never have a party at her house because "people steal things". Does she enjoy any holidays at all? What a hateful horrible shrew she has become. It's like the light has been completely zapped out of her life. Ever since the ordeal with Big K and his mistress was revealed she has never been the same. She can try and pretend she has a happy marriage but anybody can see that her staying with him is destroying her. 

Sorry, I'm posting a lot lately, I just can't believe the things she's saying on what is supposed to be a happy, lighthearted show and nobody at the network is telling her to cut the shit out. It has turned dark and uncomfortable and she's getting away with it. This is supposed to be a fun show! 

• Love 8

Wendy's got a lot of "co-hosts" this time of the year because of the free gifts they give away. 

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I can't wait for a staff member to write a tell- all book. I'm sure WW has everyone sign a NDA but I doubt those are good forever..as in "til death do Wendy's staff part"! 

And as much as WW is into the "shoe cam" for her guests, she certainly didn't give much attention to Martha talking about the new Payless shoe line Martha has. Jealous Wendy? cause your cheap ass clothing line flopped? Martha is the perfect example of everything YOU wish you could be: wealthy, business savvy, classy and relatable. 

No Wendy, I'M not jealous of you. If I was going to waste my time being jealous of someone, I'd pick someone a whole lot better than you! You are a fucking clown and we are here to watch the circus. So thank you for bringing it! As long as you show up....we'll be here for you to laugh at you!

• Love 5

So today during HT, Wendy explains that she's going to be toning down her voice, choosing her gossip topics more carefully and not being as shady as she used to be because (paraphrase) "words can get you fired these days and I like this job".    Is this why she still never addressed stories like Cardi B, Nicki Minaj's felon BF, etc.?   What happened to her motto "say it like you mean it".

On top of this revelation, she said something nice about Meghan Markle.  Ho boy, this is the twilight zone.

• Love 6

Just now watching yesterday's program.

1) re: the Been Affleck story.  So, the OG in the relationship gets toake all the rules for the youngin?  Isn't Kevin younger than Wendy?  Someone mentioned that a few posts ago, I swear.  If he is, I'm sorry but I don't see her telling him where to go, when to drink, who to screw.  I see it as him controlling her, having the hand.

2) no one, not just Wendy, but no one can have friends if they are in the entertainment business?  Really?  Maybe you should just choose your friends better.  There are some awful people who charm their way into those people's lives but that's all about learning from past mistakes and discernment.

Sometimes Wendy gets it right.  Demi Lovato should NOT date her sober coach.  That's heartbreak waiting to happen.  But, Wendy is wrong, in this day and age you cannot make laws about personal lives (unless it is heinous like pedophilia or incest or the like).  Really?  People can date whatever garbage they want.  That's why companies have HR departments to make sure the dating doesn't disrupt the business.

Anyway,  I'm only like 5 minutes in.  I just have issue already.

• Love 4

Wow I just loved watching Nick Cannon today put Mrs. Wendy in her place about him coming on her show and having to talk about his ex relationships when he actually has a real career and stuff going on to promote.  Thank you Nick Cannon!!  I have watched Wendy for years, but what is going on??  I have this feeling that karma is about to come calling for her soon....and it ain't gonna be pretty!

• Love 9

After thinking about Wendy's new edict of toning down the gossip, I wonder if this was something the producers ordered behind the scenes.  They want to get better guests, not piss off sponsors, so they sat Wendy down and told her that she better be nicer so that she doesn't bring the whole house of cards down.  They want to keep the train going because they have Wendy under contract until 2020, so they don't want her popping off some nonsense which will kill the golden goose.  Thus, no shady gossip on the A level celebs in the news... instead we get dry dog shit like what the Real Housewives of X were fighting about or how Wendy washes her makeup off as soon as the show is over.   ZZZZzzzzzzz

The producers maybe don't realize that this move to be nice could kill the show too.  Viewers can get "nice" from Ellen or Rachael Ray or Kelly Ripa.

• Love 7

I don't even mind her dishing nasty dirt on the celebs as long as she starts doing her homework and keeps it consistent, which she's not doing now. More importantly, she has to start being nicer to her guests, stop insulting them and stop treating us viewers like she's doing us a favor by simply showing up. Basically, lose the negative shitty attitude. There's always somebody behind you ready and willing to take your place!

• Love 11

Today Wendy tries to convince us that the reason she is talking more slowly with a lot of weird long pauses is because she is thinking very thoughtfully about what she is going to say. HAHAHA! --nice try Wendy. She says this need to be more thoughtful will last for two years. Cut to 3 minutes later and she is all up in Nick Cannon's face about whether he said Kim K has a fat ass. ...oh so thoughtful.  

At least twice during HT today, as she was reading the prompter, she read... "what do I think?" I'm pretty sure that is on the prompter to let her know that she is at the point in the story where she is suppose to free style and say what she thinks. She is not suppose to read "what do I think" 

Oh, and she's Team Megan, y'all. But we knew that already because of how totally pro-Megan she has been lately.  t9402.gif

• Love 8
7 hours ago, patty1h said:

So today during HT, Wendy explains that she's going to be toning down her voice, choosing her gossip topics more carefully and not being as shady as she used to be because (paraphrase) "words can get you fired these days and I like this job".    Is this why she still never addressed stories like Cardi B, Nicki Minaj's felon BF, etc.?   What happened to her motto "say it like you mean it".

Exactly what I've been wondering!  HT is so dry and dusty these days--nothing of the real, juicy gossip that should be easy pickings.  It feels like she's gotten tentative about throwing stones these days.  That Big Kev exposé last year has really done a number on her.

• Love 6

I was reading through some of the comments on the Wendy Youtube channel and saw that she made a terrible faux pas with Nick Cannon today.  She asked him "Does your father still have all his hair?" and it turns out that Nick's dad died two years ago!  Nick was classy and just answered "yes".  I can't imagine how hard Norman cringed as he heard Wendy ask that question.  Wendy is so prepared.  /sarcasm/

Edited by patty1h
  • Love 4
21 minutes ago, patty1h said:

I was reading through some of the comments on the Wendy Youtube channel and saw that she made a terrible faux pas with Nick Cannon today.  She asked him "Does your father still have all his hair?" and it turns out that Nick's dad died two years ago!  Nick was classy and just answered "yes".  I can't imagine how hard Norman cringed as he heard Wendy ask that question.  Wendy is so prepared.  /sarcasm/

Wow. He really was classy to let that go. It was a rude question to begin with. 

• Love 3

I knew I can count on this forum for any tv related questions. I had a day off from work and watched this show for the first time in a long time. Wendy seemed so stiffly off and slow that I was worried she was battling an illness or something. So I guess she's just toning herself down? I don't like it. 

• Love 1

Today we learned that they poll the audience on the "hot" topics before the show, so Wendy know which way the claps are going to go. Other than that tidbit, alls I remember is totally boring nuns and housewife stories.  

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Snow Apple said:

I knew I can count on this forum for any tv related questions. I had a day off from work and watched this show for the first time in a long time. Wendy seemed so stiffly off and slow that I was worried she was battling an illness or something. So I guess she's just toning herself down? I don't like it. 

Idk, Something is going on with her. The slow steps she took to her chair was very noticeable. 

The episode with Martha stewart was so odd. Sitting doing crafts, she sat pretty much the whole episode.  I know she says she can sit if she want but it looks odd. It's not just the sitting,  she just seems off. More than usual. 

Man, she kept calling out the audience for "lying" . She says she changes her but let's them know, lol, what? 

Can she stop talking about Michelle Williams.  She claims no one cares about because she boring.  She's probably right,  I dont care, but damn she's mean to her.  Stop talking about her. The little smirk, and saying your alone. Wendy we know you sleep alone too. The problem is your married. 

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 7
31 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

Today we learned that they poll the audience on the "hot" topics before the show, so Wendy know which way the claps are going to go. Other than that tidbit, alls I remember is totally boring nuns and housewife stories.  

16 minutes ago, patty1h said:

I noticed that now that Wendy is sitting, she provided a chair for the woman from Burlington, who got to sit next to Wendy as she described each gift it

So Wendy is now OUR marionette!  Hey Wendy, it's ok to read feedback from people who watch your show. A smart business person knows the difference between constructive criticism, fans that love you know matter what, haters who could hate you for valid reasons etc. But your REAL job is to keep the ADVERTISERS coming back. Without them, you're done. Yes it's great people watch your show but unless your main advertising sponsors keep their contracts....hasta la vista!

• Love 2

I think I've had all I can take. The show is not enjoyable whatsoever.  She has been slowly going down hill and now it seems to be accelerating.  Now that she has turned mean and ugly it's uncomfortable to watch. It's sad to watch a woman allow her husband so much power over her. I'll bet Little Kevin is happy to be away from it all. But who know how well he is doing in school. Those bodily function sounds she makes are so rude and could probably be controlled with medication. She seems in denial about her health.  And when they cut to a close up boy does she look awful.

• Love 6

I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask this but has Wendy mentioned their dog lately?   I remember when they got him she talked about him all the time.  It sounded like he was untrained and that breed being untrained is a tragedy waiting to happen.   I don't watch her much anymore but don't remember her talking about him recently. 

• Love 3