Type keyword(s) to search

The Wendy Williams Show - General Discussion

• Start Topic

17 hours ago, hoosier80 said:

Today, Wendy was all spazzing out about some hot, juicy gossip that just hit her desk.  The whole deal of how Vanessa Trump dated some gang member - back when she was in high school "or around that age (it was 1998 I think). 

20 years ago! Who even cares? 

17 hours ago, hoosier80 said:

Honey, I saw all that crap online like a month or more ago.  

Wendy going on and on about it being breaking news!! This is sad. 

• Love 2

That retired footballer guest Wendy had on Friday (sorry, forgot his name). Nice guy. Wendy kept poking at him for being 33, single and no kids. She was looking at him with shock, like she so badly wanted to ask him if he was gay! It wouldn't matter if he was, but she just couldn't believe a man could be that age without all the baggage. He also said the first thing he did with his money was buy his mother a house. I wonder if Wendy did the same for her parents. I know her parents live in Florida. A nice condo perhaps? I feel like Wendy is cheap with her money. 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

That retired footballer guest Wendy had on Friday (sorry, forgot his name). Nice guy. Wendy kept poking at him for being 33, single and no kids. She was looking at him with shock, like she so badly wanted to ask him if he was gay! It wouldn't matter if he was, but she just couldn't believe a man could be that age without all the baggage. He also said the first thing he did with his money was buy his mother a house. I wonder if Wendy did the same for her parents. I know her parents live in Florida. A nice condo perhaps? I feel like Wendy is cheap with her money. 

That man (Rashad Something - sorry I am not a sports fanatic) was classy and attractive.  How the hell did he end up on this shit show?

• Love 1
(edited)
26 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Wendy feels that any man who is not married with children is gay. She throws shade at women who are not married, as well.  However, she never questions their sexuality, on the low.  People are allowed to choose the life that they want, without judgements. Perhaps, Rashad, has not found the right woman for him.  If he had 10 kids, with 6  different women and going broke, due to child support, she would be bitching about him being a stereotype and making us look bad.  She is very narrow-minded.  I dislike her more and more everyday.   

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I feel like Wendy is cheap with her money

I don’t think that she has the take home amount that we think. She has to pay Bad Kev 10% for being her manager, then it’s her PR person, and probably a personal assistant or someone to watch or/control her social media. There are Federal and State taxes. Property Taxes in NJ aren’t cheap and there are two homes. The one she lives in would probably have a condo fee as well as property taxes, utilities etc.  She doesn’t even live in the second one. BK’s mistress lives the life of Riley there. The taxes alone in Morristown are big bucks. That would lead to a good accountant. I’m sure there’s a stylist (lol for their taste), and a beauty person for mani’s, pedi’s, and facials. Does she do Botox?  I’m sure the show gives her a wardrobe allowance but when she bought and wore the duster (same one that she saw Kyle Richards wear on RHOBH) she stated that it came out of her pocket. Very costly. Oh lest I forget there’s got to be someone to maintain and style all her wigs. There’s also the chauffeur/driver that takes her into Manhattan every day and sometimes for nights out. I don’t know if the show provides parking but it’s up there in cost. She has money but there seem to be a lot of hands trying to get a piece of it. I also think BK might have final say or control over it as well. I don’t know who pays what but I’m pretty sure she’s getting the raw end of the deal. Still I don’t feel sorry for her. She’s turned into a taker. She used to fresh with her topics and on the pulse of what is going on in NYC. She would give us actual scoop and seemed more grateful for her show and audience. Now she can barely phone the show in from her purple chair complete with cue cards, flowers (are they fake?), accessories (tea, cough drop, glasses, Kleenex, QTips, and the occasional prop), TelePrompTer and faithful Norman. 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I don’t think that she has the take home amount that we think.

According to Celebrity Net Worth (I know, I know, take it with a grain of salt) she's worth 60 million. How bad can the take home be? I believe she's worth that much or close to it. Miss Wendy has been busy these past few years. The show, the HSN line, her books, broadway gigs, Dancing with the stars, her awful stand up. She's been raking it in. Even with all of her expenses, she's loaded. I'm assuming the 10% Bad Kev gets goes back in to both of their pockets, no? They are a married couple after all. Is he hoarding that 10% all for himself and his side peice? If he is then Wendy is more insane than I thought. 

Anyway, my point was that she certainly can afford to buy her parents a home just like Rashad did for his mommy. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Anyway, my point was that she certainly can afford to buy her parents a home just like Rashad did for his mommy. 

Oh I don’t disagree with that statement. IMO she should, if she hasn’t. I heard the other day that after people earn or have a certain amount of money that it no longer effects their happiness. Maslow’s pyramid in psychology tells us that our first needs are psychological/physical, then safety but at a certain point it’s up to us to choose to be happy. Heck, making sure all of my family has a comfortable safe place to live in would be a priority for me. I can’t recall whom but I’ve heard other people on tv that have gifted their parents and I’m sure there are thosethat do as well but don’t go public about it  

Ok, I had no idea she’s that loaded so maybe I had it wrong. I’m still chasing my tail on trying to figure out what is wrong with her right now. It’s something under the surface and I can’t quite put my finger on it. 

I’m believe that Bad Kev is doing more than dipping his fingers in the money bags. I’m confident that he’s beginning to hide money for future reference. I don’t trust him one iota. YMMV

• Love 3

Don’t really care who wears Marchesa.  I will give Georgina the benefit of the doubt, quite possible that she had no idea what her hubby was up to.  I’ll bet the had pretty separate lives.  However, didn’t like the ScarJo dress - much prettier ones in the past.  (Even the ones people were “forced” to wear.). Don’t like Anna Wintour either.  Totally irrelevant (I heard she was retiring).

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, WarnerCL45 said:

Don’t really care who wears Marchesa.  I will give Georgina the benefit of the doubt, quite possible that she had no idea what her hubby was up to.  I’ll bet the had pretty separate lives.  However, didn’t like the ScarJo dress - much prettier ones in the past.  (Even the ones people were “forced” to wear.). Don’t like Anna Wintour either.  Totally irrelevant (I heard she was retiring).

Well we will never wear the brand Marchesa or any of the fodder slung by Anna Wintour anyway. It’s only sized to fit ultra-thin teens who have long legs and zero body fat. All of this is not really relevant to me but I do like to see who wears what on the red carpet. 

Wintour retiring? Well...I wonder who will inherit the empire or it will go the way of so many other printed magazines. Obsolete. 

• Love 2
(edited)
12 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Well we will never wear the brand Marchesa or any of the fodder slung by Anna Wintour anyway. It’s only sized to fit ultra-thin teens who have long legs and zero body fat. All of this is not really relevant to me but I do like to see who wears what on the red carpet. 

Wintour retiring? Well...I wonder who will inherit the empire or it will go the way of so many other printed magazines. Obsolete. 

She made the Kardashians legitimate and equal to A-listers in Hollywood, for that, I will always give her the side eye...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

She made the Kardashians legitimate and equal to A-listers in Hollywood, for that, I will always give her the side eye...

Yes, she did and that fueled the fire that made them so many millions (not to mention us that happily ate the gravy until it got stodgy).  I don’t know exactly why Kris Kardashian has so much power but she has. To be honest it also means that she’s done her job well...like or hate her. I just have made it my own personal decision not to click on any links about them so I don’t feed the machine.  

• Love 8
39 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Yes, she did and that fueled the fire that made them so many millions (not to mention us that happily ate the gravy until it got stodgy).  I don’t know exactly why Kris Kardashian has so much power but she has. To be honest it also means that she’s done her job well...like or hate her. I just have made it my own personal decision not to click on any links about them so I don’t feed the machine.  

I agree. I have NEVER watched an episode of any of the Kardashian shows. Greedy whores! LOL.

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

I agree. I have NEVER watched an episode of any of the Kardashian shows. Greedy whores! LOL.

Never saw any of their TV shows either!  I wish Wendy didn't cover them so much.  I usually wander off to do something when she goes on and on about them.

• Love 5
15 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Marchesa is more than evening couture gowns. (Which look like prom dresses)

There is a ready to wear line plus accessories which is carried at Macy’s, Nordstrom’s and Saks.

With all the choices out there, why should any women patronize such a brand? Thanks but no thanks.

I am also not buying the victim narrative whatsoever. Her kids are awfully cute so at least they did not inherit his beastly genes. She is lucky there.

As far as Vogue, it  has been obsolete for quite a while. It really is not Wintour’s fault but she is too expensive to employ at this point and American Vogue sucks big time. It is time for one of the new influencers to take over, imo.

Also , there is a new owner who is not too keen on her bullshit. So she knows that she is out. 

Back to Wendy, the only person who won an Emmy on her show is the wig person(he since passed away).

The “real” and the “talk” both won over her. So unless, the ratings are good, she is on her way out, imo.

As far as her buying a house for her parents, one, she is too angry at them, plus she is cheap and selfish anyways.

Thankfully for them, they both were long time educators and don’t need her to buy a house.

• Love 4

I am a sporadic watcher.  What happened to the white guy who worked next to Norman?  Having taken a long break and back watching I will say she has changed a lot and not for the better!   The hot topics are not interesting and there used to be a nugget or two.  Her self absorption is way over the top and not a good look.  Joanne is playing a lesser role which is a good thing but notable.  Too many viewer complaints?  Or did they have a falling out?  

It seemed to me as though Wendy was trying to get the audience on her side with her R. Kelly story today.   She seemed to be trying to drum up enthusiasm by telling how 1) the protest was kinda sparse, so people obviously still love him 2) the audience at the concert was giving RK much love,  3) seeming to be impressed by RK having a "I don't give a shit" attitude. 

I read this as Wendy saying "see how RK is going on w/business as usual and drawing an audience?  Let's focus on what an amazing entertainer he is and turn a blind eye to the allegations".  I have a little faith in humanity because the audience minions didn't clap like robots while Wendy kept trying to draw them in with her RK ass-kissing session.  Her comparing other ratchet entertainers whose music should be removed from Spotify was kinda lame and floundered. 

• Love 3
(edited)
32 minutes ago, Wings said:

I am a sporadic watcher.  What happened to the white guy who worked next to Norman?  Having taken a long break and back watching I will say she has changed a lot and not for the better!   The hot topics are not interesting and there used to be a nugget or two.  Her self absorption is way over the top and not a good look.  Joanne is playing a lesser role which is a good thing but notable.  Too many viewer complaints?  Or did they have a falling out?  

Wendy made an ignorant statement about HBCUS that a sellout like Stacey Dash would have made and the backlash against her was fierce.  She had to walk it back and the White guy was the sacrificial lamb.  She blamed him for her stupidity.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Wings said:

He was fired around July of 2016 for the reason Apprentice79 stated above.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Wendy made an ignorant statement about HBCUS that a sellout like Stacey Dash would have made and the backlash against her was fierce.  She had to walk it back and the White guy was the sacrificial lamb.  She blamed him for her stupidity.

I remember the stupid comment she made. I wasn't watching on the regular.  But definitely remember that. Shocked she blamed white Norman(?) . How did she explain  that it was his fault?  If she actually made the comment during hot topics, which she did because I must have  been watching that day or saw the clip somewhere.  Those were her words.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I remember the stupid comment she made. I wasn't watching on the regular.  But definitely remember that. Shocked she blamed white Norman(?) . How did she explain  that it was his fault?  If she actually made the comment during hot topics, which she did because I must have  been watching that day or saw the clip somewhere.  Those were her words.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think Wendy explained why she fired him. If she did, I missed it. Wendy never takes responsibility for anything she says. She'll blame the producers, audience and everyone under the sun for "making her say things". She's just a girl from Jersey...

Did y'all hear about Wendy and her mom getting dragged on Instagram on Mother's Day?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrPTaNxwUk0

• Love 2

I hope Wendy does not address the Instragram comments tomorrow ...mostly cuz she might cry and then we are going to get Q-tips in the eyes and up the nostrils.

Jesus God. She actually referred to R. Kelly as a "victim."  

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Wings said:

When I saw that pic I wondered why her mother's chest skin looked as it did but I know she is black. I wondered how thst happened though. 

I think her mom just tans a lot.  Whether she actually TANS or just spends a lot of time in the sun.  That's what it looks like to me, just someone who loves the sun, a lot.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Destiny74 said:

I think her mom just tans a lot.  Whether she actually TANS or just spends a lot of time in the sun.  That's what it looks like to me, just someone who loves the sun, a lot.

Yes, just odd any black person would want to trash their skin in the sun when their skin is already beautiful.  

22 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Why does Wendy hate Meghan Markel? ?? She is down right nasty towards her. I don't care about this wedding but wtf is her issue with this girl.

She does seem to spew a lot of negativity her way. Also to her father and half-sister. The later I understand. She also mentioned more than once that Prince Harry is not signing a prenup. How does she know this? The Royals are notoriously private. I doubt anyone would say anything whether she did or didn’t sign anything. 

• Love 3
(edited)
36 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Why does Wendy hate Meghan Markel? ?? She is down right nasty towards her. I don't care about this wedding but wtf is her issue with this girl.

Like the typical "woman who hates other women", Wendy has decided that Meghan is a social climbing, devious, gold-digger who hooked Harry and suckered him into making her have the biggest come up of her life. It naturally has nothing to do with her actually loving Harry. And how does Wendy know this? Because Meghan was just some C-List actress on a cable show so there's no way she legitimately met and fell in love with a Prince. So says Wendy of course. 

11 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

She also mentioned more than once that Prince Harry is not signing a prenup. How does she know this? The Royals are notoriously private. I doubt anyone would say anything whether she did or didn’t sign anything. 

The media reported the news about the pre-nup. Thing is, they made it like it was a big deal just to have some type of story but apparently, pre-nups aren't legally recognized in the U.K. So none of the royal family members got one when getting married. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

The media reported the news about the pre-nup. Thing is, they made it like it was a big deal just to have some type of story but apparently, pre-nups aren't legally recognized in the U.K. So none of the royal family members got one when getting married. 

I’m more inclined to take this news coming from you versus Wendy. WW can’t even get her facts straight half of the time. 

• Love 6

I haven't seen today's mess yet, but based on the garbage that she's been spewing, I'm guessing jealousy. I hate saying that, because it's way overused by some less than nice people to explain away their detractors.  However, in Wendy's case, I think it's exactly that. 

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

Like the typical "woman who hates other women", Wendy has decided that Meghan is a social climbing, devious, gold-digger who hooked Harry and suckered him into making her have the biggest come up of her life. It naturally has nothing to do with her actually loving Harry. And how does Wendy know this, because Meghan was just some C-List actress on a cable show so there's no way she legitimately met and fell in love with a Prince. So says Wendy of course. 

Exactly. What a shame that she doesn't understand that, while there are plenty of nasty people like that out there, most people are not that way. Like the thief who believes that all people steal...

• Love 6
(edited)

Thanks for the responses.  I should have know it was Wendy being Wendy.  I guess started thinking WTH happened?  Mostly because I remember when the courtship started Wendy seemed almost giddy with the idea. 

It does seem pretty apparent that it's jealously. 

Bitter is a bad a look.

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 6
(edited)
4 hours ago, Destiny74 said:

I live in Florida and you see a lot of that wrinkly chest situation. It's from years of sunning, and the women are a lot younger than her mom.  Wendy's mom is a light skinned black woman like Wendy. I'm sure she spends a lot of time in the sun and her skin tans. She looks pretty damn good for a woman in her 80's. Most women of any color wouldn't dare show their chests at all at that age!

19 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

And those words came directly out of her mouth ! How Norman could possibly be blamed for that has always baffled me. Doesn't Ms. Boss Wendy have the power to approve or disapprove what she is going to say in Hot Topic? 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 2
(edited)
12 HOURS AGO, WINGS SAID:

Yes, just odd any black person would want to trash their skin in the sun when their skin is already beautiful. 

Because I love the sun and getting a little more color and playing around in the ocean just like anyone else and while some self-tanner actually compliments my skin, I’ve ruined too many sheets :) A lot of folks of many hues have what they would consider pale, winter skin and then summer, glowing skin and a reason to have like 5 different shades of MAC concealer, foundation and blush for pre or post vacation.  (I’m not making this a thing, this is just me.)  

I’d bet Wendy’s mom is always at the pool and in the sun.   Her parents are Florida retirees.

I don’t get Wendy’s tirade today over Meghan’s dad.  I think that little paparazzi setup by her half sister put Meghan in a bad position protocol-wise and she was probably left with no choice but to not have her father walk her down the aisle.  I would even think it’s a bit of sabotage by her butthurt sister for being ignored or not getting her hands on the money/fame she thinks she deserves.  I do not like that I know this much about this wedding and the family tension...

Edited by For Cereals
  • Love 3

I believe that after raising three children that Wendy’s mother deserves to be able to do what ever she wants with her retirement in Florida. If sitting by a pool (not that this is true) is her happy place so be it. It’s a shame that our ozone layer has shrunk and we all run greater risks of sun damage. 

• Love 5

I just watched Wendy's yesterday show.  Ok, I watched the HT.

I don't think the crown is scared of Meghan Markel.  I didn't know about the England and the prenups (as posted earlier) but if something goes sideways, the crown will give her a stipend and send her off.   I don't know what happened in Wendy's past to make her think this is all some sort of scheme.  Sure, Meghan is older (by 2 years, it's not a damn lifetime Wendy!) and divorced but who's to say they aren't in love?  Leave the side eye alone, Wendy, you have no idea what they feel about each other.  Hell, if she were in it for a come up, wouldn't marrying a billionaire be easier and less stressful?  Fewer rolling eyes?

And Marlo.  Wendy is obsessed with Marlo.  One day she is saying the woman deserve to hold a peach and the next she's dogging her for being a kept woman.  Decide.  Because the only way she gained enough cred to run in the circles to get the peach was for her to be kept.  And turn that eye around.  Isn't your hubby basically abkept man?  Sure, he's your manager but without you and your income, what would he be doing?  

• Love 9
(edited)
8 minutes ago, Jaded said:

Wendy is 7 or 8 years older then her cheater husband Kevin so I don't know why she's trying to make a big deal out of Megan and Harry's age gap.

Yeah but Wendy and Kevin married because of love, not because of her fame, influence, or money.?

Actually, I have no idea when or why Wendy and Kevin married.  I just like to snark.  But, to cheat on a woman who is on bed rest trying to give you a baby after multiple miscarriages just screams ASSHOLE  to me.  And that, Wendy has admitted before.  There relationship has been f'ed up for years.

Edited by Destiny74
  • Love 5
(edited)

Why does Wendy hate Megan so much, painting her,  as some scheming harlot, with a hidden agenda. I really dislike Wendy these days.  She keeps saying divorcee, like it is a bad thing. She is one as well. Big Kev is her second husband. I hated that crack about her saying that Megan should not wear white.. She also disapproves of her mom walking her to the altar.  Megan can do nothing right in her eyes.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 11
(edited)
2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Why does Wendy hate Megan so much, painting her,  as some scheming harlot, with a hidden agenda. I really dislike Wendy these days.  She keeps saying divorcee, like it is a bad thing. She is one as well. Big Kev is her second husband. I hated that crack about her saying that Megan should not wear white.. She also disapproves of her mom walking her to the altar.  Megan can do nothing right in her eyes.  

Yeah, and today she said (Meghan ) had already Punked Harry a few times....by being a black women from Crenshaw  ....what the  hell???!!

This is so bizarre to me, yeah ok Wendy is jealous but it's weird even for Wendy.

Wendy's statement to Meghan,  "don't play with the heart", lol she's ridiculous. 

The age difference is only couple years. She makes it sound like there is decades between them. 

Wendy doesn't need to talk about the wedding everyday.  She acts like it's a chore. I wouldn't care if she didnt talk about it. I don't know anyone who really cares. I think Meghan is beautiful but don't care. I'm only commenting because Wendy's reaction to Meghan is so disgusting.  

Wendy making light of the golfer being beat up by his wife was also pretty gross. 

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 11
10 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I remember a few years ago when she talked about Christina Aguilera's fiancée and questioned why he would want a "soiled" woman because she already had a child from a previous marriage. "It's not an insult because I'm 'soiled' too!" Bitch.

• Love 7
On 5/15/2018 at 12:20 AM, TVbitch said:

I hope Wendy does not address the Instragram comments tomorrow ...mostly cuz she might cry and then we are going to get Q-tips in the eyes and up the nostrils.

Jesus God. She actually referred to R. Kelly as a "victim."  

Yes, he was a victim in his youth however, since he became an adult, he severaly abused, raped countless middle school, high school and economically disadvantaged women.

In short, he terrorized  his very own community.

I volunteered for one year in the project of New York City, (soft projects) and it is a very different atmosphere that I have never encountered since. The inhabitants were in a sort of a  funk and had different mores and customs. Very strange.

That monster, is  a home grown succubus. Some of his victims do not even realize that they are being harmed, imo.

The fact that R. Kelly was abused in his youth does not give him carte blanche to turn around and abuse other, Miss Wendy.

He gave you the juice because he knew you would defend him. He is using you, girl.

Yes, he wrote “ I believe I can fly” but he is a dirty, downlow son of a bitch who also happened to be a music genius.

6 hours ago, rmcrae said:

I remember a few years ago when she talked about Christina Aguilera's fiancée and questioned why he would want a "soiled" woman because she already had a child from a previous marriage. "It's not an insult because I'm 'soiled' too!" Bitch.

Here lies the problem, Wendy does not love herself and she identified and  internalized that misoginistic POV.

She is just like Mary J Bligge.

Eventually, Mary came to the realization  that “she can do bad all by herself”. And dumped Can do nothing right.(aka kendu/ husband)

Imho, Wendy acts like she is under the nefarious influence of a pimp. Her poor parents/ family must be walking on eggs.

My two cents.

• Love 6

Does R.Kelly have a connection to Bad Kevin (like being his manager or something else)? I have to wonder why she is so staunchly defending him and wonder if her husband has a financial interest in him. 

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Does R.Kelly have a connection to Bad Kevin (like being his manager or something else)? I have to wonder why she is so staunchly defending him and wonder if her husband has a financial interest in him. 

No, he is not. Back in her radio days, she hated R. Kelly with a passion. So, it is perplexing, to see her being his biggest cheerleader. 

• Love 4

The golfer "had one job to do!"  He screwed up so it was funny that his wife went beserker on him and his mom.  

Wendy?  Does your husband go beserker on you when you forget someone's name?  Forget what show they are on?  Insult the institutions that are HBC?  Should we think it's funny if he did/ does? 

You also have one job to do, Wendy.

• Love 8
On 5/15/2018 at 3:37 PM, greyflannel said:

Exactly. What a shame that she doesn't understand that, while there are plenty of nasty people like that out there, most people are not that way. Like the thief who believes that all people steal...

Yes!  The thief that believes all people steal is using "projection".  They project their beliefs on to others.  Wendy uses projection all of the time telling us pretty clearly what is in her cold dark heart and mind.  It's scary in there!

• Love 6
14 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

That is an interesting idea!  You have to wonder...

I'm also wondering if since Wendy knows she can't get famous guests, she's going after infamous guests... she has practically been begging OJ and R Kelly to come on the show.  I'm sure she would host Bill Cosby.  Wendy, this is unseemly, just stop it.

• Love 4